Remy – I’ll Give My All For Newcastle – I Hope Fans Accept me

Here’s some more of the nufcTV interview with Loic Remy and one or two bits that we didn’t cover in our previous article on it today.

loic remy at newcastle  ytr

Loic Remy – in the Newcastle dressing room

And it looks like 18 times capped French international Remy will be presented to the Newcastle fans on Saturday night at St. James’ Park, just before our last pre-season game

Here’s some more of what Loic said on nufcTV yesterday:

“Everyone has been very friendly since I arrived and I am looking forward to playing my first match, whenever that will be.” “I only had half a season in the Premier League last year so am looking forward to a full season this time around.”

“Hopefully I can show the fans and the club exactly what I am capable of, both with my goals and my team play, and I hope and believe the public will accept me into the club as soon as possible.

“I feel the Premier League is great for me as an attacker. The opportunities for a player of my position are better in England than they are in France.”

“I don’t necessarily know if I’m a better player for it, but I learnt a lot from my first six months in England.” “I’m a player who will work hard and give my all for the club in order to make things happen.”

It wasn’t good that Loic turned us down in January, but hey – that’s all water under the Tyne Bridge now, and we hope the Newcastle fans give Loic a fantastic reception on Saturday night – this lad can become a great player in the famous black and white stripes of Newcastle.

It’s a very good interview with Loic, and we just wish Newcastle would release it, so that all Newcastle fans can watch it – whether or not they have a nufcTV subscription or not – the club should do that for the first interview for each new signing.

Now for something out of the ordinary and an interesting couple of stories about Newcastle – my daughter Elaine was the make-up artist on a film being shot last week in Raleigh, and the Director (an American) said she supported Newcastle United, so my daughter Elaine said my Dad runs a blog on them.

The woman said yes I read it – and asked why she supported Newcastle – she said she liked to support the underdogs. 🙁

My daughter told me this story only yesterday – just before we got Remy finally signed, and an hour ago I received a very nice email from a new Newcastle supporter Alex, from NY City, and he said he was new to soccer (football is called that over here).

He’s been supporting Newcastle since February, and that was after he had watched that great game with Chelsea, when Sissoko scored those two brilliant late goals to win it for the lads 3-2 – and Alex was indoctrinated there and then, as another Newcastle supporter.

Alex doesn’t like supporting the big clubs like Manchester United or City or Chelsea, he tells me that was not an option for him, and says he liked to support the underdogs and that’s why he’s now a Newcastle United supporter, and after our gutsy performance against Chelsea.

Pity he didn’t see that Arsenal game over two years ago, when we came back to 4-4 after being 4-0 down after 26 minutes, and certainly Newcastle got fantastic publicity over here for that incredible comeback in the second half.

And I hastened to tell Alex that we were 5th in the league the season before last – but it’s interesting that we are getting new support over here – but as the underdogs.

We can change that – so maybe it’s got to be a top four finish next season, and we may even have to start the season by winning at Manchester City a week on Monday – that will show them. 😀

And a final thought – wonder when we will sign Bafe Gomis?

Comments welcome – but please keep them civil.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM

You’re one of us now lad, of course we’ll accept you.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I also see that Conor Newton has went back on loan to St Mirren. Let’s hope he gets on as well as Dummett did for the whole season. I’ve heard a few people say Newton is a very good player so all the best to him.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Just knock a few goals in and all will be forgiven 😉

• Ibizatoon

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM

To be fair, for most of my lifetime supporting the toon we’ve been the underdogs. I have no problem with that at all, the underdog gets to bite the big dogs ass and we all like biti…I’ve got this comment all mixed up, can anyone help me out?

• King Arfa

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Course he will be accepted the guy is lethal in front of goal major coup for us in my eyes and I hope there’s a good chance we will have first refusal on him next summer if QPR don’t make it back up hey never know he may not want to go back after experiencing 52000 week in week out!

• Rainrix

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Actually ed its been very civil today. I dont think anyones been threaten with violence at all today!

• Graeme

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Once he starts scoring a few, shows he isnt frightened to put a shift in, he will be accepted with open arms.

If we can get Cisse, Remy and Benny/ Gomis banging them in as a front three there will be 52,000 singing his name at SJP!!!

• scout

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Have you seen how hard this lad can strike a ball.
    Best signing we could have wished for, although only for a season.
    Good luck lad

• Graeme

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Ibiza – I would find a new passtime mate – leave the asses for other donkeys. You know its for the best!!

• Ibizatoon

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Rainrix…If you correct Ed one more time I’ll knock you out sunshine. Idiot.

Ed…Sorry, some people just don’t know how to be civil.

Glad to be of help, best go grab a cheeky little siesta.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Graeme…I feel you’re probably right 🙂

Take it easy lads and lasses.

• croftus5678

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM

glad to hear we are not looking at downing as i really dont rate the lad ! as much as we need a winger i think we have better allready and thats saying a lot lol.

ince/sinclair are my personal choices but its not to say we are even looking at any of those 2

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Ibiza

No we’re not, we’re usually the epitome of calm…I’m not fooling anyone am I? haha

I best be off myself, work beckons once more.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Did remy snub us or could dekka simply not be arsed to meet him at the airport!!

• ToonandGloom

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

That’s how we claimed 5th spot by being the underdog (and a lot of luck)????
    Fingers crossed pardew has a plan B this season were looking like a quite a strong and capable squad right now. couple more in and none out a think 8th is realistic or even a cup, haha this remy signing has gone to me head a best slow down

• Rainrix

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Theres always one isnt there?

• Willis

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Hi Guys

Does anybody know if this deal is with a view to permanent at the end of the season? ………………… is there an agreed price already????

Or do we go through all this again next year?

• NoBigi

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Has anyone else got a subscription to NUFC TV? Is the intereview really that good!!?

• toon kk

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Remy will score against Sunderland and he’ll be remembered and cheered, he won’t half feel at home.

• croftus5678

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM

@17 willis

not read anything about a buy out clause ect so far apart from one in an unreliable source !

if he does well over the year though he will surely not want to go so fingers crossed .

• ArtyH

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Remy is like all other footballers and everyone else come to that matter, in it for the money and who can blame him? Hopefully he will enjoy it at the toon and want to sign again next season, its up to toon fans to make him welcome. Think A.P should give Sylvan a DVD of Peter Beardsley’s games for the toon, as I’m sure he can play in the same sort of role, obviously not as good as Pedro but close enough, after all there was only one P.Beardsley. If S.M could cultivate the same level of intensity or come close to that I’m sure he would be a great asset to us and improve his overall standing at the toon, then the Nugget known as Pardew would have to play him…..

• ToonandGloom

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM

When a say “none out” a forgot about Shola, Sammy and any other ameobi that’s kicking about, get rid of Obertan as well blokes never going to make it in the PL.

• DokToon

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM

good grief, ruddy is back…

• croftus5678

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM

@22 toon

tbh sammy is our best winger atm i wouldnt want him out lol.

shamemobi fair enough same with ober and gos (as much as i like gos) and …..marv as i really cant see him fitting in now unless its as impact sub

• Willis

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:46 PM

@20

Cheers Croftus.

I would like to think we would have something in place in case he is a success/not in prison (on a serious point).

Heres hoping QPR don’t get promoted, cos they would want him gone then……………if they come up, then he might be recalled.

• jamesnufc86

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I know it’s a bit early, but, anyone think we could get a steam for tonight’s game ? I’m extremely hungover and it’s my only happy thought right now

• croftus5678

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM

@25 willis

aye i’m with you on that lets hope they do rubbish next season ! i can see them going back up though in honesty.

• La Fée Verte

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Is Remy our new number 9? Seems strange not having a number yet. I like Cisse and want to see him stay but think he could be leaving. Anyone else think this?

• ArtyH

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Think I would be tempted to pull the plug on the Gomis deal or tell them if it does not go through in 48hrs the plug will be pulled. Get him for diddly next year as no one else will come in for him at that price with only 12 months left before it will be a freebee. I’d wait until the last day and go for Bent at around £3m and Downing for the same. Must sell Williamson, Shola, Obertan and Gosling, they are just not good enough. I think we should go for Ince and use Downing as a cover to get the deal done quickly and at a good price, take it or leave it style. Just MHO at this time.

• toon kk

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Sammy will prove himself over the next season or two, he’ll never be a world beater but he’ll be a decent squad player.

• ToonandGloom

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

@croftus
    Am yet to see it from Sammy tbh, seen lil glimpses but not consistent enough. Friendlies are diff to the PL. if Marv had goofs work rate he would be class but just drifts in and out, might get to see the best out of him the coming season.
    Gos! Way say no more

• croftus5678

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM

• ToonandGloom

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Are we going for gomis incase remy gets sent down ya think?? Just a thought!

• ToonandGloom

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Can’t see Cisse leaving after the Wonga fiasco.

• Shadow_Shearer

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM

At newcastle united, the only thing we ask for is our players 2 give there 100%, and remy is an absolute quality player, reminds me of tierry henry. So I’m sure if u give your everything u will be accepted

• Burni

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Just thought id share my ideal team for next season.

Krul
    Debuchy, colo, mym, santon
    Sissokho, anita
    Cabaye
    Hba cisse remy

But no doubt pards will play

Krul
    Debuchy taylor colo santon
    Hba cabaye tiote guti
    Cisse gouffran.

Ive just realised that the depth in the squad is ok atm but imo we still need a cb coz willo is not good enough. Marveaux and gouffran are both class acts but my first team I wrote is the best available imo.

• Moe

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Willis @17

@GFN_France say that there is a buy out clause of €11m (or £9.5m).
    It Doesn’t make much sense to me since tbh because wasn’t his original buy out clause the same as what they paid Marseille which is around £6.5M.
    Also we paid £2M already so is that figure is gonna be on top of the 2M or with it?

but it seems that there is a buy out clause after all ..

• will die for the toon army

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM

If we sign Gomis, Remy and Ince, That will make my window

• croftus5678

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM

@33 toon

gomis is a different type of player to cisse/remy/goofy tbh he’s muscle on the back line and think he would suit the prem cisse/remy/goofy dont seem that strong to be the bully striker tbh.

• Moe

Aug 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Remy is the most important deal for me, he adds things we lack.

As long as a player is wearing the black & white shirt he should get the full support of me.

But we shouldn’t get over excited by this and fool ourselves .. we still NEED another striker.

1 2 3 5