What’s Your Newcastle Team For Rangers Test Tonight?

Newcastle will be taking a strong squad to Glasgow for tonight’s game against Rangers, which has a 7:45 pm kick off time against the powerhouse Scottish club.

alan pardew in black wonga

Alan Pardew – taking 20 players to Glasgow

Rangers manager Ally McCoist is the man who is charged with getting the Glasgow club back in the Scottish Premier League as quickly as possible, and he made a good start last season by getting the team promoted and the goal this season is to do the same again.

And it turns out that Newcastle manager Alan Pardew knows McCoist, as he had this to say today in the Shields Gazette:

“I’m taking a squad of 20 players there,” “It’ll be a strong team.” “There’s a great history between the two clubs, and I’m sure our fans will enjoy going to Ibrox.”

“It’ll be a good game, and we hope to get a positive result.” “I know Ally,” “He was a fantastic player for Rangers, and he’s cutting his teeth as a manager.”

“He’s kept his dignity there through everything that’s gone on.” “They did what they had to do last season, which was winning the league.”

We should get some idea of what Alan Pardew is thinking in terms of what will be his starting side in the first Premier League game at Manchester City, in just under two weeks time.

But with two wins in a row and two clean sheets in a row, Newcastle will be looking for more of the same at Ibrox, where there could ve a decent crowd for this attractive pre-season game.

This is what could be the starting line-up for the Magpies tonight:

Krul
Debuchy Coloccini (c) Taylor (S) Santon
Ben Arfa Cabaye Sissoko Gutierrez
Cisse Gouffran

What would your starting eleven be?

And with Newcastle having finally made a terrific signing yesterday,  in getting French Intentional striker Loic Remy to Tyneside on a season long loan deal, the Geordie fans will want to see another good win tonight – that has to be the goal – and a good performance with it.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• one Tony Green

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Guiterrez give me a break please

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Why not start like we’re hopefully going to carry on with a 4-3-3 with Gouffran where Remy would be, then give Remy a twenty minute run out at the end.

• Noah Another Ameobi

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM

——————————krul——————————
    Debuchy—— Colo————Mbiwa— Haidara
    Santon———Cabaye——– Sissoko——– Hba
    ———————Cisse——— Gouffran————

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Dont think remy willbe in the squad. I am sure he selected it yesterday before remy signed.

• clinath@ed

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM

One Tony Green…..I was one of those “knackers” who thought we’d buy no-one. I am extremely GLAD I was wrong. HWTL.

• The puppy formerly known as prince

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I need to be quick as I’m about to go for the train up to this match but if I’m honest I’m not really fussed about the team selection right now, I want to see good football played in team that looks confident and not just hoofball. We may have some allegedly world class players but they looked out their depth last season against ordinary teams, for many reasons! We shouldn’t need a world class team to beat Rangers we should just show them the respect they deserve and play good pass and move football regardless of selection, that should be enough to beat them IMO.

• tdyson

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM

433 has to be our best formation

When we were playing that formation in our 5th finish season, we tore teams apart. Man Utd we beat 3-0 and we hammer teams.

No idea why anyone would suggest 442 is our best formation?@?@?@£?$

Krul
    Debuchy – Colo – Mbiwa – Santon
    Sissoko – Cabaye – Anita
    Benny – Cisse – Remy

that has to be our best team by far! We would rip teams apart playing a fast short passing game hitting teams on the counter attack !

• Noah Another Ameobi

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM

or we could play
    —————————Krul——————————
    Debuchy—— Colo—— Mbiwa——– Santon
    ————Anita––– Cabaye–––– Sissoko———
    —HBA————— Cisse————— Gouffran

• SuperShearer

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Would like to see the following:
    Krul
    Debuchy Taylor Colo Santon

Tiote / Anita

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA Cisse Goofy

• joeinthecheapseats

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Krul
    Debuchy. Colo. Mbwia. Dummett
    Marveaux. Cabaye. Sissoko Santon
    Cisse. Gouffran
    Subs
    Anita Remy Tiotte Ameobi Vukic Taylor

Should be a decent team with a look at Santon on the wing

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Tdyson,
    We played 442 with Shola and Ba up front when we beat Man U 3-0…

• Markaccus

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM

——–Krul——-
    Debs-colo-mbiwa-santon
    Sissoko-cabaye-anita
    ——–benny——–
    —-goofy–cisse——

Subs-haidara, elliott, REMY(on at 60mins),saylor, argie gunslinger, tiote, marv, cambell

• clinath@ed

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Do we think it wise to play our “first” team against Rangers at Ibrox, 2 weeks before the start of the season?

• Do the shaka hislop

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Or replace remy with vuckic and bring him on at 60mins

• jimmysmith

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I’d like to see how Gutierrez contributes to a side that plays in a more confident, expansive and attacking style before I consign him to the scrap heap. Basically ordered to cart sh@t uphill last season and toiled away manfully despite having far more to offer based on previous seasons performances.

• one Tony Green

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

@ Post 5 hey at least you put your hands up mate. I love NUFC and having endured the likes of Bobby Shinton, George Riley etc I can assure you what we have now is heaven. That said those lads I mentioned gave their all for the strip. To me NUFC is part of our DNA win draw or lose and no matter who owns the club on paper they will never ever own it’s spirit that my friend belongs to us the fans. FFS I will crying soon.

• nut meg

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Torq
    Have you seen much of Dusan Tadic of FC Twente while over in Holland? I would like an opinion off anyone who has seen him play & your opinions are valued by me.I cannot help but think he would be a good fit for us BUT, I’ve only seen him on you tube.His stats are pretty impressive IMHO.

• richyg01

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Will Remy not play?

• Toon73

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM

——————Krul

Debuchy – Colo – Mbiwa – Haidara

——Anita—-Sissoko—-

HBA—–Cabaye——-Gouffran

————Cisse————-

Subs: Elliot, Tiote, Marv, Santon, Jonas, Willo, Sammy

• clinath@ed

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM

OTG….you should take up speech writing. Nice one. I take it you’re over 17, judging by the players you mentioned…lol.

• Toon73

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Can’t see Remy playing tbh…Vuckic should be on my bench too. Dummet in place of Willo too.

• Aahan

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I say its gotta be a solid defence and this is what we should start initially in the Premier League also:
    Krul
    Debuchy S.Taylor Colo M.Y. Mbiwa
    Cabaye Sissoko
    HB Arfa Marveux Gouffran
    Remy

• Rainrix

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Remy wont be there, there’s probably squad registration deadlines etc, even if it is a friendly. besides i imagine pards would want to look at his fitness levels before randomly throwing him into a friendly.

• Klatoon

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Do you think we’ll win? want to put some on this game.

• Klatoon

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

*some money

• ihighfivedtioteandbrokemyhand

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

how about trying 3 at the back?

…………..krul……………
    ….Taylor….collo…..mbiwa………
    debuchy……tiote………..santon
    …….cabaye……sissoko…………
    ……………hba………………
    …………..cisse…………..
    santon and debuchy are more than capable of providing our attacking width plus we would boss most midfield’s this way

• richyg01

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

He should be fit I would think.

Really in this match, we should be starting with as close to the starting XI for City as possible.

• corkypants85

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Does anyone know if the remy loan contains a veiw to a permanent move hope so just a bit worried that it hasnt been mentioned anywhere!

• richyg01

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM

@28

I love that formation mate, but I cant see Hardpoo going for it like

• LooneyToon41

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM

@11. Lilongwe. Correct mate, we did play 442 when we beat ManU 3-0. We also played 442 when Spurs stuffed us that season…
    Last season at home against ManU (If my memory serves me right), we also went with a 442, but ManU played a different formation with no ‘out and out’ wingers, and we couldn’t get the ball off them for half an hour until we changed the formation at 2-0 down….

Formations need to be fluid, and relevant to the opposition… thats what Ferguson did, and it worked.

• derekm

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:22 AM

The Remy signing is a serious bit of business – 2 mill for a quick goalscorer? Now we have a first team with a serious talent in all positions, and with this brings credibility as a club to sign the squad members to compete. The likes of Gomis Ince, McCarthy and even Downing although expensive for what they bring can give us an extra dimension when the inevitable injuries and suspensions hit.

• sexyirishtoon

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Krul
    Debuchy Colo Mbiwa Santon
    Anita Cabaye Sissoko
    HBA Cisse Vuckic

Really think Vuckic can do a job behind Cisse or coming from the wing. Excited to see him this season.

• Heslop Toon

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM

@7

When we beat Man U 3-0 we were using a 442 with ba and shola up and tiote and cabaye as the centre mids.

• LooneyToon41

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Downing’s had plenty of game time at Liverpool, and he just hasn’t done it for me. Plus he would want big wages.
    I’d much prefer a McCarthy type player who’s hungry. The problem might be the fee….

• LooneyToon41

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM

@35 Heslop. See @11 and @32. You are right of course.

• Rainrix

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM

richyg01…. He’ll likely be fit, however i imagine the management would like to take a look at what level he’s at with regards to the rest of the squad, rather than just recklessly throwing him in. Its just a bit too soon anyway this friendly for him to play. Besides theres still one to go, thats where he’ll be bookmarked as playing

• Aahan

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I think we should win.I feel this what we’ll put out:
    Krul
    Debuchy
    S.Taylor/MY Mbiwa
    Colo
    Santon
    HBA
    Cabaye
    Sissoko/Tiote(sub in)
    Marveux/ Gutierez
    Cisse
    Shola/ Gouffran

• jimmysmith

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Personally, I’m just extremely relieved to have Remy as he seems the type of player that gives the side what it has lacked, pace, goals and hopefully the width that Ba provided before he threw his toys out of the pram. Doesn’t necessarily follow there will be more signings to come though. Still we look a much a better squad with him in it.