Gomis Tweets Make It Clear He Wants Newcastle Move

My son Neil has alerted me to Bafe Gomis’ Twitter account last night, where Gomis was saying some good things about Newcastle, and that he was looking for the move to be finally closed.

FBL-EUR-C3-ATHLETIC-LYON

Bafe Gomis – I’m already leaning English

It didn’t seem like new news at the time, because it’s clear that Bafe is more than keen on  a move to Newcastle, who have conducted themselves with great professionalism in their efforts sign Gomis from Lyon.

But  now that Lyon President Jean-Michael Aulas has spoken out after their Champions League 1-0 qualifier win in Zürich last night, and talked about Marseilles trying to unsettle the player and derail his eventual move to Newcastle, it’s appropriate to put this out – that Gomis wants the move to Newcastle, and we are his first choice club.

Here is his Twitter account and these are some of the tweets from the French striker, and it was also his 28th birthday yesterday, which is why there are tweets of congratulations on that:

“Thanks 4 all the support that u guys give me, sadly the decision to come join u is not my own-  its more complicated. Excuse 4 my translation.”

And Twitter user – Reece_Embery -asked the 28-year-old if he was learning English

“Happy Birthday Bafetimbi. Already Learning English? Ready For NUFC?”

And the striker replied:

“Yeah I started a little bit – but not fluent in Jordy yet”.

So that’s a good start for Bafe, although he’ll learn that it’s spelled Geordie.

The Gomis transfer is turning out to be so very complicated, but we still think there will be a solution and we’d be surprised if the deal is now done by the end of the coming weekend.

And if get him Gomis will be welcomed with open arms on Tyneside, because Newcastle fans love a player who wants to join the club, and makes every effort to get to Tyneside.

And if Joe Kinnear can get this one done – even Joe will start to look golden.

Or am I going too far? 😀

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Geordiedownunder

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I just hope this doesn’t all end in tears…. He looks the biz though… Start earning your wedge Joe.

• AK Malaysia

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:12 AM

C’mon JK… time to proof the doubters than they’re wrong… Bring Gomis in, a winger & a subs Keeper… Sorry for being greedy…

• mkhalaf

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I personally like joe,, he is ambitious and not afraid to stand up to mike Ashley or that’s what I feel like,, he has done good with remy so far,m let’s see what he does next and give him a chance,,,

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Okay can anyone explain this to me; if. the problem is not with Lyon’s President Aulas and not with Gomis since we are in agreement, then where is the problem?

…where does OM fit into this equasion?

If Aulas accepts our proposal then a deal can be struck; Am I right?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:22 AM

If it is agents. that are holding up this deal then I will say Gomis is at fault; I might be old school here, but agents work for the player!

…Gomis sought out your agents; talk is cheap my friend 😉

• Klatoon

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:27 AM

‘Jordy Gomis’ ,its got a nice ring to it

• Kangatoon

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Jesper
    Your point is reasonable – I think it may have been Torq that said Aulas can be quite difficult to deal with, so I’m not sure we can believe anything that comes from him.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Kanga…I just can wrap my arms around what’s going on here 🙂 maybe it is because I don’t understand the business completely or because I am a tad naive lol

• richyg01

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Report on another site that Remy is injured and won’t feature against Braga or Man City.

AP hopeful that he will be fit for WestHam

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:32 AM

*can’t

• scout

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Cisse Gomis Remy awesome attack

• Charlietoon

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:35 AM

The lyon president is a cock

• Toon73

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:35 AM

I still have a feeling this may go through. He genuinely looks like he wants to play in black and white. It could be another 2-3 weeks.

Looking more likely we will get another in before him – winger perhaps?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Aulas is reported saaying we have offered Gomis £70k a week; now that sounds like that should be Euro, but why is Gomis agent discussing with Aulas what we are offering their client?

…there is something that just not add up here!

• Kangatoon

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Jesper
    It seems we’re in the same boat then lol

I’m a long way from where it all happens – but it seems to me that we have transfer issues with alot of these French chairmen ie with MYM, Sissoko & Debauchy.

Not looking to start any sort of England v France argument – but is the problem NUFC or the French Chairmen???

• John Tudor

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:45 AM

16+7+3x 21 = 98

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Kanga…I honestly don’t know, but it seems in every deal there is a middle man and he wants to get paid, but no one really wants to pay him!

…I never like middle men and they only make matters worse, but in the end they work for the player so the player is hardly blameless eventhough he would like to appear so 😉

That said I still cannot see how OM fits into this unless this is about payment mede to the agent and OM upping what they want to pay; but then again OM cannot talk to Gomis with out acceptance from Aulas!

Anyone know what’s going on here? I am tempted to say walk away Newcastle 🙂

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:04 AM

There are 12 days left till we play City. We proved once again last night that without Shola we struggle for goals. If the rumours about Remy being injured are right it is time to walk away and leave this one and sign up a different striker.

Whether it is agents, Gomis or Aulas holding it up makes no real difference to us, as we just need a striker in.

If we are to go after top strikers, we need to get it done and dusted before Spurs get their cash windfall. They still want a striker or 2, and even without an extra £100million knocking about are more than capable of outspending us.

• james589

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I think the OM talk is pure speculation. Fact is, Gignac has decided to stay at OM therefore they don’t even need a striker. It was documented a few weeks ago that Marseille would be Gomis’ preferred move but this seems in conflict with his latest series of tweets. Why would he bother starting to learn English if he had no intention of coming here?

Someone, somewhere is holding up the deal. Whether that’s Lyon to try and get a better offer from someone else or whether it’s his agents trying to squeeze a bit more money out of us/Lyon I don’t know. It’s been reported that Gomis is wanting a hefty signing on fee but personally I think that’s wide of the mark and I’d be surprised if this was the case. He has said it’s out of his hands and he has also said personal terms have been agreed with Newcastle.

Guess we just need to keep our fingers crossed and hopefully this one will get over the line. If not, at least that frees up £8m to spend on Ince eh?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM

James,
    Alternatively, Spurs have been interested in the past, and they are about to get a huge wedge for Bale and have said they want another striker, maybe they are holding out for interest from there.

• Sir Braveheart

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:12 AM

The thing is this deal is 85% done. If we walk away now and try to sign someone else we’re starting from scratch and how long will that take?

He’s almost in, just one last push to get him on a plane and here for a medical.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Braveheart,
    Deals don’t have to take this long though. Bony was done pretty swift, as are many transfers. Joe said in his interview he was meeting with 3 to 4 agents a day, so if we haven’t already started discussing things with other agents then I’m not sure what they are meeting about.

If people were doing there jobs properly they would have started discussions with agents of other targets to know the requirements when this deal started to become difficult. Therefore most of the groundwork would be done and the deal can be concluded swiftly.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Sorry, should have said the public part of transfers are done pretty quickly, unless it is one of the worlds best who the club doesn’t want rid of. ie. Bale, Fabregas, Suarez.

• Kangatoon

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Brave
    I agree with you – having said that, did anyone find it odd that Pards & JFK named our targets well before they were likley to be ‘holding up the shirt’.

A few on here mentioned that there must be other targets… maybe there is ground work happening elsewhere.

• JAMSHA

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:35 AM

good news,is surez wants to leav the bindipers ……. n dats good…. v can beat them easly

• jukitsu

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Just wanted to say if anyone is interested watching major european football leagues, Al Jazeera Sports is great way to do that. Full sports package is only 135$, ending on 31st May 2014. Most of the european matches have english commentary.

You may need VPN or DNS service additionally but right now I’m using Google Chrome and Hola Unblocker add-on and it works great.

I weighted between Premierleaguepass and Al Jazeera but there is much better coverage of sports in AJS so I chose it.

Howay the lads!!!

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Shola is our top scorer ….thats all I have to say…we cant beat rangers….

we are in for a troubled season…..

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Gorgon.
    We had an awful pre season results wise the season we romped the championship and the season we came 5th. This is just pre season, the results of these games matter zip.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Lilongwe I disagree mate…

I think you have a point to an extent. Other oppostion are playing much tougher opposition we are playing monkeys. anyhow…

I just trust Pardew…..I dislike him now….. after last season. will we see Jonas and Shola for the city game …? You bet ya

• nico

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM

If we don’t get Gomis and Remy is injured for the start of the season, we’ll have nobody apart from Shola to come off the bench. Another painful season ahead.
    We need to be buying players like Sinclair, Will Hughes and Tom Ince

• welshgeordie9

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM

So if remy is injured and we don’t get gomis then we will be back to square one. Have we got targets in place just in case

• welshgeordie9

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Nico

Snap that was good timing.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Pardew blaming the Ibrox pitch .. the grass was long …

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Hatem’s better than Messi

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! What a knob! My Goooddd…HATE him even more now.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Man city 4: Newcastle 0 my prediction

• IITianToon

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM

@Hatem I really hope that it was a joke.

• BRABOT

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Lisandro Lopez must be sold by Lyon,last year of his contract,
    I think NUFC should by Lopez instead of Gomis

• Hatem's better than Messi

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM

No no joke …

“It was a great game in terms of competitiveness. We wasn’t at our best tonight it is fair to say, the pitch didn’t really help as it was a bit long the grass, it slowed the ball down.

We got stronger as the game went on, which was pleasing, gave everybody a game tonight which was the intention, we are building up nicely.”

I thought Jonas did really well, he was really positive, looked like his old self.”

• kt97toonarmy

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Jamsha

I recall Liverpool not having Suarez against us last season nd they twatted us 6-0