The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – We Need More English Players At Newcastle

10:59 pm, Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 218 Comments

Alan Pardew has given an exclusive interview to SportsDirect News, and the topic was on English players and how few of them we have in the Newcastle squad at the moment.

alan pardew -4569899

Alan Pardew – not worried about Nationality of the players

And Newcastle have brought in six Frenchmen this year with the likelihood that there could be a seventh in Bafe Gomis, if we can finally sign him from Lyon.

This is what Pardew said in his interview today:

“We all have to abide by the rules but the rules at the moment are not fixed so that we have to play English players, and that’s something, in my opinion, that could be looked at.”

“But at the moment that’s not the case.” “Therefore, you’re going to pick the best 11 that you have whatever creed or color they are. If they are eleven foreign players, then so be it.”

“Their nationality shouldn’t come into it, it certainly doesn’t come into my thinking. The only thing we do have in place is the youth rule on the squad that we have to keep a close eye on.”

“And we actually run quite a low group of English players at Newcastle and we need to strengthen that.” “If English players can’t make it in the Premier League, they can grow at Championship level and we’ve seen that happen,”

“Scott Sinclair had various loan spells in the Championship during his time as a Chelsea player and did well, then he played well in the Premier League and got a fantastic move to Manchester City.”

“I can think back to David Beckham being loaned from Manchester United to Preston North End, because he wasn’t able to get in the United team.”

“There’s a series of players who have gone out into the Championship and come back into the Premiership, so there’s always a platform for those players.”

“What we must be careful of is that we’re not carrying English players in Premier League squads who should be getting games.”

“I think there is a case to be looked at where international players are keeping them out of competitive action.”

Newcastle are starting to run short of English players, and we’ve lost three this summer – Steve Harper, Danny Simpson and James Perch, and we could lose Dan Gosling before September, although the former England U21 International has been playing really well in the last couple of games.

Mike Williamson is also another English player who could leave before September rolls around, but may be we can bring a 21 year-old Englishman in before the end of the transfer window – winger Tom Ince of Blackpool.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Coaching · England News · Newcastle News · Premier League

218 responses so far ↓

• 1 Spoof // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Well blow me, I would never have guessed ?

• 2 John Tudor // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM

• 3 John Tudor // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

remove the not worthy from the banner, plz

• 4 Spoof // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

At the same time we shouldn’t be playing English players just because they are English, and at present apart from the elite few the English players are either hopeless or too expensive.

• 5 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Clap clap clap Shelock Pardew. Didn’t always have such a liberal view of teams chock full o foreigners though eh?

• 6 toonluvva // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

That might be true Mr Pardew, but I still don’t want Bent!

• 7 wolfshead@toon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM

its that kind of insight thats served him well in his career :-)

• 8 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Jesus…somebody kill him please…..

• 9 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Tudor – which 3do you want left on boom boom thang yew

• 10 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM

English players are shite, who cares.

• 11 Brutooon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM

English player are OVERRATED, look at SHola Ameobi

Shola Ameobi wont be a on a bench even for a Germany/Spain/ Italy Non-League Club

• 12 Spoof // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM

he was asked a question and gave an answer, what is wrong with you people.

• 13 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM

by the way santon is no winger. He cant cross can he? story over.

• 14 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM

next statement will be:

Pardew: Sky is blue and clouds are white

• 15 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM

He mentioned Sinclair . Interesting :) .

• 16 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Laughed at this, Beckham is probably the most over rated player in football history, even at his ‘peak’ i’m suprised he got to play for Man United.

• 17 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM

@Spoof 12

We hate him.

• 18 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

its still funny though, Shola has been our top striker pre season. Why is that exactly?

• 19 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

just to add on from the previous gem of his…when we get ripped apart by city he will say…

Pardew: The white paint on the field was too bright players could not see the ball.

• 20 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Pokat I know been saying it the entire time…its one scary thought.

• 21 wolfshead@toon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

gorgonzola

sounds a perfectly reasonable excuse to me haha

• 22 jimiley // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

We have to be patient and give Percy time. He has an 8 year contract. I am pretty certain that if he sees his contract out, some time in the next 7 years he will get us relegated. Keep the faith in Percy and Big Mike!!

• 23 Mint // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Come on, Pards can be pardoned one season – We finished fith remember!

Tiote out. was all his fault. well. not really. shut up.

• 24 Spoof // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Paul24

that’s fine but there is no need to make yourselves look like pig ignorant morons, now before you come back and slaughter me have a look at what he said and then look at the comments made, its pathetic m8 and I’ve had discussions with before and you are better than that ?

• 25 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

@gorgonzola

I wouldnt be suprised if he tried that old Man U gem, “There shirts blended in with the crowd and the players couldnt see each other”.

• 26 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM

jimiley

I think you may be right….we wont get to league 4 in a jiffy he needs time to settle. Shola has not hit his prime yet. The French contingent have not learned English yet, and Jonas is just starting to show what he is capable in the new season so having Remy and Marveaux playing instead of him has been put to bed.

• 27 Brutooon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM

You can score 1000 goals in pre season, doesnt mean you can score that amount of goals in REAL PREMIERLEAGUE SEASON

• 28 jimiley // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Why do we only sign French players? Somebody should have a word and explain that there is a world out there and limiting your transfers to France as opposed to the vast quality worldwide will only lead to a one way ticket backwards. Keep the faith in Percy and France. The rest of the world does not exist.

• 29 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Paul24 oww yes cause of those hideous technical grey shirts…hahahh they got hammered by Soton in those days like there was no tomorrow.

I will tell you what I AM looking for in the new season. MAN UTD getting ripped a new a hole from everybody if I cant see NUFC do well….

• 30 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM

@16 – no really? Here was I thinking he was a superb set piece player, accurate long-passer and probably one of the best first-time crossers in the game who was rated by some of the best teams in the world and played over a ton of games for his country. How stupid I have been to rate that buffoon!

• 31 beddersmag // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Paul

Dont be silly. Becks wasnt top, top drawer like a zidane or gascoigne, but he was one of man utds better players when he was there, which earned him big moves after that. His style didnt catch the eye but he ran all day, had excellent touch, amazing passing ability, awesome free kicks and his crossing was superb. Some of the worlds top managers seemed to rate him anyway.

• 32 stu mel // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Come to be fair that the idea really to get British youth threw the ranks, I agree why should the England class of today be player over anyone, we havn’t been turning out young footballer since the days of necks really. Today the odd one or two. Championship good plan. It about finding british talent kids, sorry but the 20-24 range cost an arm and a leg cos there’s only about 12 note able ones and the gunner have them lol and man utd. Cause the sent people out to find them and model them into player I really really think this is missing other all in the British game, but to get ahead fast. Some said the other day when was the last time man utd went out to get a mid fielder it hard off the top of my head, because they make them, on this pardew is good at credit where it is dissevered

• 33 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

@Spoof

You have a good point mate.

• 34 gaz 44 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Tiote will be our player of the year this year if he sorts his discipline out, last 2 years he’s been too stop start with injuries and African nations . He’s in the top 3 holding midfielders in the prem in my opinion when on his game

• 35 jimiley // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Gorganzola,
    Under Percy Jonas would keep Messi out of the team. I never realized how good Jonas was until Percy opened my eyes to his pace, crossing ability, shooting and scoring skills.

• 36 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Players I would sign in an instant that are not from France,

Adem Ljajic
    Dusan Tadic
    Wijnaldum
    Honda
    Lacina Traore

• 37 CruzToonSlug // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Now that Remy is done, I think Gomis was cover for Cisse not coming to terms. It is my opinion Cisse is the far better finisher and Remy the more skilled and dynamic when compared to Gomis. Would he not sit on the bench in our top XI?

That implied might JFK be getting cold feet? The team needs a true starting winger far more than a striker to compete with Goofy and Shola for scraps

Thoughts?

• 38 Brutooon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Tiote reason of downfall last year is because AP keep playing the Long Ball Tactics.

Got ball then long to Cisse (who 95% lose the ball)

Tiote strength is short passing which he like to control the midfield like 2 seasons ago

• 39 Spoof // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Paul24

I’m glad you think so, now for the future, I hope for a bit more maturity, but well done, with that I’m off to bed, no doubt I will have nightmares about Sissoko on the right wing, but never mind, its all part of being a toon fan, goodnight all.

• 40 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

@gorgonzola

I’d love to see Man U crumble, i dont want to see Moyes fail like, i think he’s a good manager and a nice bloke, but i just cant stand Man U. I hate them almost as much as Scumderland.

• 41 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

thanks beddersmag for restoring my faith in sanity :)

Mr Brutoon – has Cisse scored a thousand goals in pre season then? Er no.

• 42 Uncertain Toon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Paul24,

Beckham overrated?
    We could do with a player of half his ability at crossing/corner taking!

• 43 wolfshead@toon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM

gaz

remy will be our player of the year – why? because reknapp was desperate to buy him and tbh he is a better judge of a player than carr pards and jfk put together

• 44 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Beckham was a tier 3 player IMO . If he didn’t look like a male model or marry that rake there wouldn’t be half the fuss made.

Give me Solano over Becks any day of the week ;)

• 45 Brutooon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Pokat : Pre Season doesnt matter, but please do look at this stats

Cisse – 1 1/2 season for NUFC = 21 goals

OVERRATED Ameobi = 13 seasons = 51 goals

• 46 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Paul to be quite frank I hate them more than the scumderland.

There is something abut that club that when any good player goes to them becomes an instant c0ck.

I mean Veron, Forlan, Rooney…etc…. they are soulless…

and whats worse is every fan of manu i know is a total prat.

• 47 jimmysmith // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I love Newcastle, and being smitten I might have a tendency to view our players with rosé tinted glasses which is quite a failing in a competitive league like the EPL where there are a number of sh@t hot teams and not one that wont get stuck in. If Pards doesn’t get these boys heads right we will go down, safe to say. The attitude in the last half dozen games of last season was like watching a sleepwalker cross a busy 8 lane highway.

• 48 gaz 44 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Redknapps not a good judge of player, he’s never done nothing unless he’s a blank check book

• 49 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM

what i meant was….not Veron and Forlan they are brill…. but the club being soulless …

• 50 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM

@ Paul

I think this is the beggining of the end for Man U as top dogs. Take Van Persie out of their team and they look average compared to City & Chelsea.

All this talk of them signing Bale & Fabregas is garbage, they can’t afford them. They will probably get Fellani. I just hope my bet on them finnishing outside the top 3 comes true as well :) , then they can be a :

“wee club in the North West “

• 51 t00ntime // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:29 PM

every english player gets overrated because of our media. But Beckham was great at what he did. one of the best set piece takers ever. He deserved a place in man utds squad no doubt.
    As a crosser/passer surely he is one of the best ever? (too bad he wasnt a dribbler.)

• 52 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:29 PM

brutoon what are you talking about pre season doesnt matter? I dont actually care about shola, its why cisse isnt showing up that bothers me, and its the team shape behind him thats the cause of it. Forget about shola he will soon be gone. Right now we need our striker to strike.

• 53 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

jimmy yeeaaapp…

i am just blown away Ash has done nothing….if he is so disinterested why doesn’t he just sell up for crying out loud and buy rangers….

• 54 stu mel // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Sorry becks was class in his day like, he was mega be4 poss spice came along if anything the stardom was a shame cause it pull the attention away from his game

• 55 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

while on Becks…that hideous skanky wife of his…my god….

i like him though….

• 56 Yorkgeordie // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I read the first few words of this , then moved on. I just can’t be bothered to listen to him anymore.

• 57 Ashton // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM

He was very critical of Arsenal and how they only had a few English players a few years ago. Now apparently he doesn’t care and is not that sort of a person.

What an absolute moron.

I bet if he had any say in our transfer business he would splash the cash on garbage like Tomkins, Bent and Downing.

• 58 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Only affordable Englishmen that wluld benefit our team are Sinclair & Ince . I just hope this Downing link isn’t true with this lack of English players talk.

• 59 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Ashton…. you could be right…. afraid so….

• 60 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I think Posh’s career was at its height here –

she hasn’t done much to get excited about since though.

• 61 wolfshead@toon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

@48

doh! what was i thinking his managerial record is shocking the defensive hoofball merchant lmao

• 62 MrMojoRisin76 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Moyes is destined to fail,Fergie’s still at the club in an ambassadorial role,if he loses 4 games before Christmas he will be under massive pressure.I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Fergie back in charge after a few months.

• 63 stu mel // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Tomkin very very over rated, bent could do a job I would get my fills if that was it we got dent, but he would get goal. Where as downing I really don’t think he the best player but for sure he would out up a style of player that at the mo we can’t muster from are crop of player ie crossing of the ball which would actually please me cause at least then it might seem like AP might actaul be looking at the pitch and not just falling in to his reflection

• 64 blew // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Pardew makes his statement exclusively
    to SportsDirect News, owned by his boss.
    I wonder if he made this himself or it was
    dictated on his behalf, for whatever reasons.

• 65 Uncertain Toon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Reading between the lines as he openly admires Sinclair, we must be in for him! If JFK agrees of course!

• 66 stu mel // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Back to posh was her great football moment having tea with Tom and Katy

• 67 jimmysmith // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Huge Beckham fan too. That right foot, tidy sharp football brain and tireless running. Not overrated, plain excellent.

• 68 MrMojoRisin76 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM

It was on SSN today a few times that Sinclair was close to signing for WBA on loan.

• 69 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM

@gorgonzola

I get what you mean mate, the main reason i hate them is because they win the league every other year, with lets be honest, pretty average teams when you take out the odd stars they have, oh, and because they have been cheating there way to victory since 1993, Fergie and his time should be sent to Guantanamo Bay, along with Shola of course :P

@Big Pappa Cissé

I hope you win that bet, with Rooney looking for the exit door it’s gonna make things worse. I’d be dancing in the street if they didnt get into Europe. Would serve the cheating bastards right xD

• 70 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM

“I’ve Earned My Spurs – Proud To Be Newcastle Manager ”

I cant get over this :D :D :D :D I am in tears of laughter

• 71 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:44 PM

paul24

yeap every ref in the book was on their payroll

• 72 Uncertain Toon // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM

MrMojo,

Can’t understand we haven’t pursued a proper winger.

As for Posh, I would if i had to! In fact no, i just would!

• 73 Yorkgeordie // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM

@70
    I liked the bit ‘I got us across the line’ when it should read ‘we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth’

• 74 Pokat // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM

no i dont thnk posh spice was in the rangers game it was this

• 75 gaz 44 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM

You said he’s a better judge of player than Carr, pavelechenko , pascal chimbonda, Bentley , palacios, Hutton, di santos. All more than 8 million who he bought for spurs
    What did he do at west ham , what did he do at Southampton ,, exactly

Don’t get me wrong I’d take him over pards everyday but his wheeling dealings a myth for me,

• 76 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM

An Ironing board has of a personality than Posh Spice . Can’t stand the constant pouting fish face either.

• 77 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM

More of a personality rather

• 78 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM

i feel sorry for Yanga, Sandton, Cisse, and the likes…talent going to waste…..

• 79 stu mel // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM

This might sound weird but if the Greek gods run a football club it would be look like newcastle. All the high wants of the fan but really the lot running the show on pure self interest. That a fleeting fought I bit strange but it kinda fits, with pardew as narsisssus
    Ashley as chorus
    And god know about JFK. We all know how almighty his claims are ha ha

• 80 colotheclown // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Hi guys,

First time poster after many years of reading….

Nice to see someone has faith in Pardew, even if it’s Pardew himself :D personally I give him until xmas, if we’re struggling by then, get rid.

I’m still hopeful on Gomis, we do love our drawn out transfer sagas, he obviously wants to be here so just a matter of time. Any thoughts??

• 81 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM

i would like Swansea to do well this season must admit lovely style of play….good manager, good board…..

And i would like Man utd to get tramped on more than one occasion in the CL….

andddd Pardew to be fired…which wont happen but we try….

• 82 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM

welcome to the circus colotheclown

• 83 Ashton // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM

On Tiote. I love him and I think he is one of our best players. A lot of people here criticize him but they have no clue what they are on about.

Last season he was the only player in our whole team that had courage and fighting spirit and that cost him. He was the only player brave enough to make himself available to his team mates. He never shied away from running and creating space and calling for the ball. And every time he got it he tried his best to keep possession and play the ball on the ground. He almost never hoofed the ball unlike everyone else in our team and that cost him sometimes, hence the bashing he gets on here.

It’s all tactical and it’s Pardew’s fault. We play with a very deep defence. The deepest in the league and that affects Tiote a lot, because whenever we are getting counter attacked, Tiote is all alone in the middle of our own half. Our CB’s are too far and too close to our goal, Cabaye is upfront because whenever we attack Cabaye sprints upfront to be in and around the penalty box and when it doesn’t work out. The pressure is all on Tiote.

With the right manager Tiote will be the best DM in the world.

• 84 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM

@gaz 44

You just reminded me of the Tevez Mascherano deal Pardew did, what a cabbage xD

• 85 petchey22 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM

IMO we should try Santon out at LM and move M’biwa to LB, who knows he could be the next Bale ;)

• 86 stu mel // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I back that about swans but I also hate them for it

• 87 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM

@Big Pappa Cissé

I knew a girl who went to my high school with a face kinda like Vicky Becks, it was even more pointy though, she used to scare the shit out of me.

• 88 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM

@ stu

Kinnear would be Hades :)

I love a bit of Greek Mythology. We just need to fink Kratos to wipe them all out. (fictional character in a Computer game for those that don’t know ;) )

• 89 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM

and i reckon gomis is the right type of player we actually need powerful front man, and can bang them in.

• 90 Yorkgeordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I look at the early fixtures W Ham, Fulham, A Villa, Hull, all winnable games, but a minefield for Pardew. If he is still here after these games we will finish in the top 10 and I will be a happy man and more than happy to be wrong.

• 91 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM

stu mel…

dont hate them …small Welsh club….very cool. be grateful its not Manure…. I think possibly with us something has got to give…

One day it will boil over… or at least I hope it does. This fibery has gone long enough.

• 92 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

@Yorkgeordie

He will be here, Ashley wont pay out, even if flirt with relegation again.

• 93 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

W Ham, Fulham, A Villa, Hull,

Draw Lose lose Draw He should be out of here…

• 94 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

In fact, did Pardew sign Tevez and Mascherano by himself or is it just like JFK signs players for him?

• 95 colotheclown // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Gorgonzola,

Cheers mate. Yeah I think Gomis, Cisse, Remy and Gouffran, that’s a quality group of strikers…with Campbell up and coming and no sign of Strolaa ;)

Add in a SInclair, and that’s an exciting season coming up

• 96 JP...from The Rock // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

WTF has happened to the blog since I last came on?? All this talk about Posh n Becks FFS!! Let’s talk footie! lol

I think we’re after Sinclair. Its a good hint there by Pardew, we need more English players and a winger and he mentions his name.

• 97 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

paul isn’t that a sickening thought from the king penny pincher what a bastard…I HATE that mentality ….he could buy us off 6 times over but wont buy out Pardwho who will take us down…and he will….dont you worry…

• 98 Yorkgeordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Paul
    Nah, too much money at stake

• 99 gaz 44 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Tevez n mascherano was done by there agent geezer, very dodgey dealings but doesn’t hide the fact pards chose harewood n cole over tevez lol

• 100 stu mel // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

@Big pappis ha ha
    The problem is we no way tho JFk is more like the dude with the winged shoe just a drunken messager lol

• 101 Newcastle Brown Alien // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM

To anyone who thinks Pardew should be gone (and I am one of them) Do you think there would be a good replacement around the corner. I have to say I don’t. As much as I say get rid of Pardew, I can only see kinnear coming in or worse.

• 102 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM

gaz 4 can you believe that plonker….what kind of a self respecting manager does that….Its a joke….its like he is trying to build up a mighty ducks footbal team…full of underdogs…he makes me sick..

you watch i boys…Shola will play not Remy and Jonas will play not Marveaux or whoever should be playing…scary thought…

• 103 Uncertain Toon // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

York,

Looking at every teams fixtures up to early October, if Pardew has his ‘play football’ head on there’s no reason why we can’t be in top four mate.
    Although it will probably be short lived!

• 104 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

NBA

if JOE comes in…. i am supporting Dagenham & Redbridge

• 105 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

@ gaz44

Kia Joorichiban was there agent and still is i think, i think he is from Iran. Very dodgy bloke, would rob his own granny if he could get away with it.

• 106 Yorkgeordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM

@101
    the is the problem of course. Kinnear will be the next manager of Newcastle United, you can put money on it

• 107 Newcastle Brown Alien // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I honestly think this is why Joe has came in. To hassle Pardew so much he walks, and Joe will walk into the managers job.

• 108 Yorkgeordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM

@103
    I hope you are right. I will be the first on here to say ‘I got it wrong’

• 109 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM

@Newcastle Brown Alien

It would be old Joe, jesus wept, just the thought of that makes me cringe.

• 110 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM

The second coming of Joe Kinnear as manager :( . I feel dirty just thinking about it :)

• 111 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I need Guus Hiddink giving me some guts.

• 112 gaz 44 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I think even pards has to realise Jonas is only a bit part player this year , I personally think Marv goes missing when starts but is an excellent sub .. Now we’ve remy I’m excited to see the season in after the city game.. We could have are strongest team, have the tactics correct, everyone play to full potential n still lose that game 4/5-0 ,
    After that game I don’t think it’s too bad of a start

• 113 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Guus Hiddink would turn things around, shame it will never happen.

• 114 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM

The problem with Jonas is that even if he’s a starter or a sub he give’s you nowt, he got 1 goal last season and nowt else. Marv got 3 goals and 5 assists in less than half as many games as Jonas played.

• 115 Uncertain Toon // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM

York,

Only snag with being top four in October mate, Pardew will probably last the season! Back to square one again!

• 116 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM

If JFK can attack more, maybe that’s the best choice, sigh.

• 117 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM

tiote had a bad season but i have seen enough of him to warrent his contract,be intresting to see how we line up against man city here s a team tell me what you think
    KRUL
    TAYLOR MBWIA COLLO
    DEBUCHY SANTON
    CABAYE SISSOKO
    BEN ARFA REMY
    CISSE
    SUBS GOMIS VUCICH WILLIAMSON GUTI ANITA TIOTE AMEOBI
    personally that would be my strongest 11

• 118 bobby mango // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Unfortunately it does seem it would be Joe to replace pardew. Personally I’m sick of Lardew making excuses before the season has started, bigging himself up but saying he’s earned his spurs with last seasons criminal display and already proving in preseason not many lessons have been learned. All of that said rather him than JK.

on this latest interview has anyone noticed how he contradicts himself “we don’t have many English players and their nationality, race or creed shouldn’t matter” then in the next breath “we don’t have enough English players and its something we should address” or something f along those lines. More garbage from him.

Pardew please give less embarrassing interviews and spend more time on learning what you players best positions are, how you team should take corners and teaching them what marking is.

• 119 gaz 44 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I’d love to see play with wing backs and Taylor in middle of collo and mbwia but not in my lifetime will I see us do that lol

• 120 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:27 AM

@bobby mango

The man doesnt know if he’s coming or going, he’s just one of the acts at the NUFC circus.

I shouldnt joke really, it f*****g sickens me.

• 121 Yorkgeordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:27 AM

With the players we’ve got and the fixtures we’ve got, if we are not in the top half of the table by October it will be a disgrace.

• 122 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM

debuc and santon would be tasty as wingbacks with 3 rocks in the middle of tthe park am not saying to play this every week but against the man citys we should bbe more solid and hard to beat playing on the counter with the likes of remy and ben arfa able to make blistering runs on the wings and cabaye playing box to box and sissoko sitting,then we got cisse who for me will score 20 + goals this season

• 123 Uncertain Toon // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM

mike,

Did Mancini not dabble with that last year?

• 124 JackButler // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM

If the gave out gold medals for stating the obvious, Pardew would have a bloody house full of them.

There’s a serious issue with english players and thats they are over paid, over priced and over hyped

• 125 dcbashore // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Off-topic (well, on-topic to the post but off-topic to the comments!), but Pardew is kind of right. We only have seven senior home-grown senior players right now (Krul, Elliot, Saylor, Willo, Dummett, Gosling, Shola) so in order to meet the PL squad rules we have to sign an eighth, or leave one spot in our 25 empty, or recall Tavernier and register him, or register Raylor even though he’s crocked until at least the spring if we’re lucky. Anyone born in 1992 is still underage for this season.

• 126 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:39 AM

yeah towards the end of season when they where quite good

• 127 JackButler // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM

dcbashore

We have Sammy as well

• 128 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I cant see how anyone can be optimistic about the city game, everytime i think about it all i can picture is Aguero leaving Saylor on the floor, pulling Krul out to the left, then opening his body up and rolling a curler into the bottom right corner. That and the City fans laughing at the other 5 goals they’ve put past us.

• 129 Uncertain Toon // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Mike,

I’m all for higher up the pitch mate and if that system at the back creates that, then why not give it a go! I have noticed he hasn’t tried it preseason though. Suppose it just says again that he won’t change!

• 130 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM

best time to play city 1st game ,dont think they will trounce us actually think we will beat them because under there new boss at city the will play a high defensive line and am sure with another couple a good signings then we will have a great squad for me i would sign a winger and another striker and if ashley is been generous a young cback ,my choice would be a right /left sided winger some one like james milner if we cant get him then maybe pablo sarabia also think we should scrap the gomis deal and try and get victor moses or jermaine defoe then i would bring in grant hanley of blackburn for centre back and i honestly think with 3 good additions we will be as good as anyone in the league bar maybe chelski mancity man united

• 131 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:03 AM

dont know why ashley doesnt go for it 3 good solid players with what we have already got we will be laughing and lets not forget we only have remy on loan so the club owe us at least one permanent signing and if we have say 25 million out that tv money then why not bring in another great player and maybe we have got a buy back option on milner who we could pick up for 18million then bring in victor moses 7 million with two additions like that we could be top dogs in the league of the north east anyway lol

• 132 colotheclown // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Mike,

A top notch striker and pacey winger who can actually cross a ball and we’re laughing.

Was the same when we finished 5th, we were a good window away from consolidation, we all know what happened there. A real chance to build here if we keep the squad together.

• 133 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM

completly agree its time for us to show some ambition look at other teams like totts spur who are spending ,why cant we spend a few quid am not saying do a city but its time for ashley to make sure he gets it right he said was a five year plan by my recolextion that means he has to win the league this season so i am expecting wayne rooney type player someone that puts the rest of the team at ease just knowing there in it a suarez a van persie surely we can have one luxery player on mega money

• 134 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Ashley wont spend, the only reason we landed Remy was because it was cheap, ish anyway. He wont commit big money to the squad because he wants out, the only way he can get out is if someone buys the club at his asking price, which wont happen, or if he doesnt spend and pockets tv and merchandise money till he’s broken even, which could take a while. The fact is he isnt interested in our progression, as long as we stay in the premier league he’s happy.

• 135 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:25 AM

not sure if i completly agrre with that
    he said we could spend money on player recruitment that was financed by the club and says he will keep all profit in the club as long as he is not paying for it to run and it becomes self sufficient ,well that tv money is in there somewhere and next year its mega money so am sure to god we have got at least 25 million in the transfer kitty ,i honestly believe we will see a few more additions this window and lets hope we get quality rather than quantity

• 136 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:27 AM

and the club pays ashley back his money in pie and pint profits on a match day 3 pound 90 a pie i do believe

• 137 colotheclown // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:33 AM

We will see what ashley has in store for us, it’s a bumpy ride for sure, but this is the strongest side we’ve had in years, if only we could finally do something with it!

• 138 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:39 AM

There will be over 5 billion pounds divided up in the premier next season, a bigger amount going to the winners, but a stupid amount non the less for everyone else, how much of that can you really see going into buying players?. In fact put it this way, i’m so confident Ashley wont strengthen the squad sufficiently this season, that if he does, i’ll spray paint my self pink, get a tattoo of his name on my arse and walk around Eldon Square shouting ” I love Mike Ashley”.

• 139 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:42 AM

paul24, if Gomis and other players come through, would you? LOL

• 140 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Downing counts.

• 141 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM

@Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie

It would take a bit more than that for me to consider it strengthend, but if he did it, i would do it, it would probably take a few pints first but i would do it. Maybe not pink spray paint though, i’m not that keen on skin cancer, maybe pink henna or something instead.

• 142 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM

By the way, Jonathyn Quinn scored 3 times for the 2nd string during the preseason. Someone to watch for.

• 143 colotheclown // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Paul,

remind me to steer clear of Eldon Square that day!

Ashley won’t spend the big bucks, but Gomis or equivalent and we’re pretty set, a winger would be the icing on the cake, but this is Newcastle haha. And no, Downing doesn’t count here ;)

• 144 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 1:51 AM

@paul24, rather be that way than watching the Championship League next season.

• 145 paul24 // Aug 8, 2013 at 2:02 AM

@colotheclown

I wouldnt worry mate, it aint gonna happen ;)

@Pizzicato

I doubt we’ll end up there again season after next, the NUFC circus has a lot more to give i think, but old Joe ‘The greatest’ will make sure we’re safe :P

• 146 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 8, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Looks like pardew is already planning his excuse for losing to city. We didn’t have enough english players on!

I can actually see pardew gettin sacked. From what I’ve seen in the pre season he’s running out of ideas against small teams. The epl will be out of his depth.

I would honestly love Jfk if he convinced Mashley 2 bring in a top manager. I would give him the up most respect. Not gus povet, he’s not experienced enough

• 147 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 8, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I would honestly love Jfk if he convinced Mashley 2 bring in a top manager. I would give him the up most respect. I’m sure the rest of us would too

• 148 chestnut // Aug 8, 2013 at 3:06 AM

THE SOLUTION:

1) MAKE IT A RULE TO START WITH 3 ENGLISH PLAYERS IN EVERY GAME; THIS WAY ENGLISH PLAYERS WILL COMPETE FOR THE 3 SLOTS AND WILL ENSURE ONLY THE TOP ENGLISH PLAYERS WILL PLAY IN THE PREMIERSHIP. THIS WAY WILL ENSURE ENGLAND WILL ALWAYS HAVE A STREAM OF TOP LEVEL PLAYERS FOR THE WORLD CUP.

2) MAKE IT A RULE TO START WITH 8 FOREIGN PLAYERS IN EVERY GAME; THIS WAY THE PREMIERSHIP WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE MOST EXCITING IN THE WORLD AND GUARANTEE TV MONEY FOR THE CLUBS TO CONTINUE AT THE TOP LEVEL IN EUROPE/WORLD.

I’M A LONG-TIME MALAYSIAN FAN OF NUFC SINCE SIR BOBBY ROBSON’S TIME. THE ENGLISH FA MUST IMPLEMENT THIS SYSTEM FOR ENGLAND’S SAKE.

• 149 headtheball // Aug 8, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Joe has just been asked whether Alan was interested in Downing or not to which Joe replied “I hardly ever speak to Alan as I don’t like to interrupt”. HaHaHa CLASSIC.
    HWTL

• 150 gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb) // Aug 8, 2013 at 4:59 AM

@headtheball – is that true? Can you link the interview or quotes please?

• 151 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 5:34 AM

@gonufc, that’s just a joke LOL

• 152 sparky55 // Aug 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Nope…what we need is a forward thinking foreign manager with at least half a brain who will have a half brain advantage over Pardew.

This man is an idiot and every day he says something to prove it.

You put your best team out every week irrespective of where they’re from and english players should be in the team on merit and merit alone.

• 153 lesh // Aug 8, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Good morning all and is the site gonna be more postive today?

• 154 dcbashore // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:02 AM

@JackButler at 127,

Players born in 1992 or later don’t count toward the 25.

• 155 gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb) // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:08 AM

I thought it might have been.

No! I’ve embarrassed myself on the blog!

• 156 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Sometimes I wonder if I should join a Mackem fan site. There’s probably less abuse of NUFC on there…

• 157 cyprus // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Chestnut,
    No need for the caps mate. I honestly do see your point regarding English players (do you mean British) but EU labour law states that

‘workers have the right to move freely and work anywhere in the EU, without discrimination on grounds of nationality, subject to exceptions to preserve public policy, security and health.’
    Citizens Rights Directive 2004/38/EC

In any case, protectionism reduces competitiveness, hence quality. And, like AP said, there is a platform for English players in the Championship. Those good enough can and do make the step up.

Look at our (ex in most cases) English players: Harper , Perch, Simpson, Gosling. How many would you include in your 11?

• 158 cyprus // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM

On AP,
    I’ll agree with him that he has carried himself reasonably well in terms of interviews and the public. I could nitpick (and I have been critical in the past), but generally he’s been dignified.
    Yet, a lot of work needs to be done on the field. In terms of talent, we haven’t been this good since the entertainers but on the field that doesn’t come through. Perhaps there are overrated players out there (eg. Cabaye, Taylor) but we should still be dominating SOME games and giving it a go in the others. The fact that we are utterly useless in set plays is a massive handicap and the coaches must be to blame. The disjointed performances with a lone CF 30 yards away must surely be a concern, as is the lack of speed, ideas etc.

Bottom line: AP needs to work hard (watch last year’s painful videos, watch other teams successful tactics, try different formations, use players to their strengths etc.) in order to earn his spurs.

• 159 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Maybe we should try playing Adam Campbell @ the wings this season.

• 160 davis_toons // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM

AND

When you mention players of this scenario are we able to even afford them and attract them into Newcastle in the first place, will they not have other suitors???

Arsenal is a different case. We are not Arsenal.

1. We dont play football that attract any youth.
    2. We dont win championships trophy and not challenging for honours of any kind. (expect for the Coke Cup which i’m proud of, of course but do i want it again? No, for sure)
    3. We dont pay well enough to attract them to North London.

Solution
    The only way is to pay and attract them here and slowly play better quality football and challenge for honours to make them stay as they mature into a quality player.

Even if we were to sell them, we can make some good profits and sow the seeds again.

• 161 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM

If you thin this is abuse of NUFC then maybe you should @156.

I only view it as deserved criticism of a currently inept management and coaching arrangement, however I don’t agree with slagging the players as its not their fault really. We have the squad to finish in european places. We have the coaching staff to finish in the Championship.

• 162 bri // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Nice statement from pardew, but the only thing is he didnt end the sentence

How it was

How it should have been
    “I think there is a case to be looked at where international players are keeping them out of competitive action quite simply because english players are not good enough.”

• 163 davis_toons // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:00 AM

What Pardew needs is not to divert attention to “English nationality players” BUT to concentrate on

HOW TO MAKE HIS OWN GROUP OF PLAYERS WIN GAMES!

by hook or by crook, dam*.

• 164 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM

@Pokat, I think you mean the Champions League

• 165 nut meg // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Doe’s anyone know if John Carver & Steve Stone are on long contracts ? If it’s too expensive to sack all of them then get a top coach in to coach the coaches as was rumored to be going to happen a short while back.Plenty people on here saying nothing seems to have changed from last season,if that’s true it’s a frightening thought.We now have some top young coaches at the academy who have just gained some top awards,we need to get our more senior coaches a lot further up to speed ,including the manager IMHO. We seem to be stuck in the dark ages when it comes to tactics etc.Is the manager scared of losing face if a technical coach (just remembered the term ) was brought in? It would surely be a huge benefit to all of them.

• 166 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM

No I was very careful to type out ‘Championship’ Unless we could qualify for CL through the Johnstones Paint trophy? :)

• 167 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Numeg – no face saving necessary just hand them their p45 and get the new boys in ha ha

• 168 davis_toons // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Really like this one from previous thread

Tommyy // Aug 7, 2013 at 4:32 PM

No, no you have not earned your spurs. To do that we need to see progression on the field, and we haven’t. We’ve seen regression if anything.

• 169 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM

nut meg sorry

• 170 SeanNufc87 // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Pokat

Pull the other one! Its not the players? So pardew played every position last season did he? It wasnt taylor and colo that confusedly couldn’t decide who’s ball it was so a striker took it for them?

It wasnt tiote getting the ball and holding it… and holding it… and holdi oh no hes lost possession in a dangerous area.

It wasnt Debuchy who got a red just to get off the pitch oh no! It was all pardew!

• 171 nut meg // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Pokat @169
    No problem bonny lad.

• 172 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Sean – Yes thats about the size of it. :)

Come on, really? you think the players we have are not good enough to get into a Europa place if trained to proper fitness, coached and positioned properly and consistently? Better organisation would improve the team 100%. Debuchy wouldnt be sick as a chip if he didnt have to cover a gaping wing plus pull inside to help out Willo all the time. Tiote would be able to find someone to pass to if he knew where his fellow midfielders/CB’s were going to be positioned. As for the defence well thats a fantastic story what with injuries and lack of discipline from the likes of Santon who cost us a few goals last year by drifting forward to no effect. Nope still not blaming the players individually, just as a team unit.

• 173 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Yeah, and it was all the players who got us to 5th and nothing to do with Pardew. In fact, KK and SBR were shit managers too but they just had excellent squads. Come to think of it, Fergie was shit too. He had a great squad!

Pull the other one…slagging off the management before they have even started the season is just slagging off the club.

• 174 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Slagging off the club? Are you a NUFC employee? A season is a VERY long time in sports, and a trend is a trend. First off, I actually admire Pardew for his effort, and I dnt actually cringe at his interviews, there are so many worse interviewees in the PL alone, in fact I like the fact he is always ready to speak even if there’s nothing new to say, it shows he respects the fans need for contact.

But its not criticising NUFC to say that the JFK appointment is bizarre, to be kind. Or that our squad is woefully pie-stricken. Even PDC has upped the training runs from MoN’s 2-3km/day to 7. Pardew and his team are stuck in a rut, and either need complementing or replacing. Now, tell me ONE positive you have seen from pre-season that makes you think the team is shaping up better than last year.

I don’t want to see the man lose his job per se, but 6 games and bottom end of the table should make the decision pretty straight forward.

• 175 bills-son // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:44 AM

You lot raving on and on about Pardew criticising every single word he says – if you think you are being smart, think again.

How many games did you play as a pro? How many teams have you managed professionally? Have you ever managed a team that finished 5th in ANY league or got to a Cup Final?

No? What a surprise.

Not half as fkn clever as you think you are eh.

• 176 Indian Magpie // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:51 AM

OMG

Has pardew been on drugs?

Yes pardew you have earned your spurs only to manage a league 2 team at best.

• 177 beddersmag // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Bills

Was literally thinking the exact same thing. Great point and took the words from my mouth.

You know apparently the country is crying out for qualified coaches. With the credentials of many on this blog we should be sorted. Come on guys walk the walk im sure its as easy as many of you make it sound.

• 178 JAMSHA // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:56 AM

PARDEW IF U REALY WANT ENGLISH PLAYERS…. THEN FOKN GO FOR INCE, SINCLARE NOT FOKN BENT U IDIOT

• 179 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I’m not saying Pardew is a terrible and unqualified guy. I’m just saying we need better. Otherwise we will be mid-table as a rule and always in danger of sliding to the danger area imo. Be very pleased and surprised if we finish high this season with Al at the tiller.

• 180 welshgeordie9 // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Well said bills-son you tell them.

• 181 SeanNufc87 // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Pokat

I believe this team is one of the strongest we have had, and I believe we can be up there with pardew at the helm. Do I believe we would be better off with a mourinho or a pep? Of course I do, it would be stupid not to think that, its like deciding between carlton cole or Rooney, obviously you would choose Rooney, but theres not many clubs that would interest Rooney is there?

Pardew has done it before, with a weaker team than this one, I dont see why he cant do it again, and if he cant then the writings on the wall isnt it?

The blokes a decent manager, not a great one, but I think hes probably the best of whats available to us.

• 182 Spuggy // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM

This blog used to be a thriving online forum for healthy debate, constructive discussion and most importantly support of a beloved club.

It is nothing but a den of wolves now, steeped in bias and bitching of everything and anything. Players, managers, owners, each other.

Having been a once active member of this blog I rarely post here anymore for the aforementioned reasons.

We have one of the greatest squads we have assembled for years and all people can do is bitch and moan.

Sorry Ed, but most objective posistive supporters now avoid this blog. Not because of your hard and diligent work to keep it going through adversity (yes people even criticise Ed using his own blog when all he does is report any news good and bad from all sources).

The are still a few decent posters on here but they are a dwindling breed.

• 183 bills-son // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Pardew did well in his first season, excellent in his second and disappointing in his third.

Everyone at the club contributed to last season. Ashley and Llambias didn’t get the players we needed in the summer, key players such as Krul, Cabaye, Tiote, Guti and to an extent Cisse didn’t show their best form, the younger players didn’t step up and show their mettle when given the chance and Pardew made mistakes the biggest of which was persisting with Ba and Cisse up front when it clearly didn’t work.

Pardew got five new players in Jan, hopefylly he’ll get another two or three more before the end of this window, and I’ll judge him after ten games this season.

Some of the players – Cabaye, Tiote and HBA especially – need to realise they aren’t worldbeaters yet and are only as good as their last game.

If everyone at the club pulls their weight we’ve got to it takes to have a very good season.

• 184 Burni // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Bills

I have never managed orplayed in a pro team, much like most people on here. However, iI’m entitled to an opinion. Mine is that pardew has a strong team who if he wanted to, could attack and keep attacking but he tries to defend with our weeble wobbles that we have at the back. I don’t think I’m clever, most ppl don’t but we certainly are getting sick of what pardew is doing to our team. Who, let’s face it, if they were managed by someone better could be immense!

• 185 SeanNufc87 // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Whats this? All doom and gloom and then all of a sudden level headed debating?

Or the negatives nocturnal or are they about to pounce?

• 186 SeanNufc87 // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Anyone else have an advert for fulham gear above the comment box? On an nufc blog. Shame ed!

ED OUT!

• 187 archaeomag // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM

@bills-son 175
    Rock on!
    Managing is so much easier on an Xbox – you don’t have to deal with real people.

• 188 bills-son // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Spuggy @ 182,

Agree 100%.

It doesn’t take much debating ability to rant on and on and on posting Pardew Out, Pardew Idiot and Pardew Hoofball posts.

You just to read the first three or four words and you know what’s coming. How boring is that.

• 189 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Sadly there is a lot of non-constructive moaning on this blog, I personally dont like having a pop without at least explaining why and suggesting the reasons for the problems and how it could be adjusted. I think its fair and can still be called constructive to criticise where its due. But I also get irritated by the caps lock Pardew out/Shola is crap and so on brigade.

bills son @183 – good statement.

• 190 Pokat // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:24 AM

sean @ 181 – fair enough that one.

I also have a random Fulham ad dear me how.

For the record, the Pards/Hoofball game theory is a myth. He doesn’t advocate it at all as far as I can see. Its just rears its head a result of being unfit, tired and desperate.

• 191 archaeomag // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:25 AM

. . . .perhaps neggers don’t get up early . .

• 192 bills-son // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Burni,

I’ve got no issue with anyone expressing their opinions, thats what the blog is about.

However, ranting and raving on and slagging every single word Pardew says as if he had an IQ of 10 is just boring and contributes absolutely nothing to the blog.

As a few others have said, it is driving decent posters both anti and pro Pardew and Ashley away. It’s the same as going to the pub to have a sensible conversation and having a bunch of screamers shouting sh1te in your face. You go somewhere else, and thats what is happening here.

• 193 Burni // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Fair point. Fair point well made. I liked the pub screamers part haha

• 194 Iain Dowie // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I’m a season ticket holder and have been for many years and I’m just wondering why you guys on the blog like Anita so much , when even I’ve seen him play he looks lost in the premierleague . Maybe this is going to be a breakthrough season for him after a season to adjust to the club and league , I don’t know …

• 195 magpie6699 // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM

We are crap.
    Pardew is crap
    Shola is crap
    We play hoofball
    Ashley won’t buy anybody
    We are the worst team in the universe
    Pardew out
    Ashley out
    Boycott the club

Well, that should wrap up the blog for the rest of the day / month / century …….sooooo boring!

• 196 sirjasontoon // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:40 AM

We Need less Pardew’s at the club as well…useless prick.

• 197 Mag.no // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I see Blanc comfirms his interest in cabaye.

Cabaye is a fine player but it seems Pardew doesn’t know how to exploit his ability. Shame on you Pardew, because Cabaye is awesome if used correctly. No wonder Cabaye has been a bit depressed.

• 198 Markaccus // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Every single one of eds articles yesterday was based on a pardew quote. This just fed people amunition to fire at him, half of which made no sense and devalued the people who have valid complaints about him. With any luck, there will be more articles on other factors to do with nufc so that we can discuss something different. A whole day of what magpie has just outlined (i know it was a joke) was a bit much. Lets change the subject today. Please.

• 199 Ibizatoon // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Bills…I do enjoy your posts, but I have to say the following made me crack the biggest smile of the day (granted it is still relatively early).

“It’s the same as going to the pub to have a sensible conversation and having a bunch of screamers shouting sh1te in your face. You go somewhere else, and thats what is happening here.”

So there you have it people, it’s not the opinion that is the problem, but the delivery.

• 200 Markaccus // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Next article….

Pardew calls HBA ‘smellypants’ and then flicks bogeys at Cisse.

• 201 Markaccus // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Ibiza.

I agree with bill on that one. And you about delivery. They dont tell you their oppinion…they shout it and try to force you to agree. No one can agree to differ on this blog (well few can anyway). Usually if you disagree, you get abused.

• 202 Toon73 // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Problem solved.

• 203 clinath@ed // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Spuggy @ 182…well said sir. Don’t give up on us.

• 204 Puppet Pardew // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Bills-son

Thank for for your undying and vociferous support. I know once I shall not let you or any other (genuine) fan down.

As you say I have played and managed at the very pinnacle of the game, my trophy shelf is overflowing, and between Joe and I there is enough honest to goodness footballing know how to ensure our squad (which is the 7th most expensive in the the Prem btw) finishes higher than we did last year – unless of course there are injuries, or we have an extended cup run, or Colo gets a red card, or Shola is injured, or the grass is too long, or Jonas forgets to change ends at half time….(etc..)

I know I am the real deal and I pleased you agree!!

Yours heroically,

PP

• 205 clinath@ed // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Toon73…..which of our problems is that then?

• 206 Ibizatoon // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Clinath…You know, “the” problem ;)

Markaccus…Timing and delivery is everyth

• 207 Ibizatoon // Aug 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

ing ;)

• 208 geordie157 // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

While Ince is a bit over priced at 8mill i still think he’d be a good addition to the squad.

Sinclair though would be better value and i really hope we try and sign him. Rate him over Ashley Young and with a good season under his belt he could take him place in the world cup squad.

• 209 Fridge // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Bill-son
    If everyone had to actually be a manager to have an opinion Of managers or football in general than the game as we know it would not exist. Its the passion that Makes it interesting. And a lot Of supporters do have good knowledge Of the game. You dont have to necesarilly be an Expert to see that some People arn’t up to their jobs. I respect your opinion when you support pardew, you should have some respect for others who dont rate pardew aswell. None Of us here Are managers but we ARE entitled to an opinion!

• 210 clinath@ed // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

oh…”the” problem!! He didn’t say that did he? …ing!

• 211 Ibizatoon // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Fridge…I believe that is the point people are trying to make. No one has an issue with people voicing their opinion, but what actual benefit does constantly repeating the same old one liners over and over actually have?

It’s also made quite hard to deal with in that anything and everything the man says is completely ripped to shreds and blown well out of proportion, imo at least. I get a fair few want him gone, but does that have to stop them being rational altogether?

Once again, I completely agree, each and every fan is entitled to their opinion and to voice it on here, as long as it’s respectful to others.

• 212 Ibizatoon // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

clinath…I think it was implied. I mean, how many problems do you think we have? As far as I’m aware it’s just the one…can’t remember what it was now though….

• 213 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM

There is doom and gloom, because in case everyone has forgotten, we JUST scraped by from relegation thanks to Bosingwa’s wrecklessness, even though our squad was far better than those at the bottom of the table.

With our first team out against a third tier Rangers side (without the players of yesteryear) we have made it look like we were playing AC Milan, playing the same clueless football as last year, with Pardew’s same isolated formation, players and awful passing and moving.

I want to be positive, but how can we be when nothing has changed bar Remy coming in?

We’ve even let go more players so we’ve got less than we had this year. Pardew moaned on that we needed more players all last season, yet he says he’s happy to go into the season with the players we have now. Nice one, not.

• 214 sa80teur // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

There are A LOT of miserable b*stards on this blog.

I mean, my god!

• 215 cyprus // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Billson,
    I think your posts are always well measured and you do put forward a good argument (e.g. HBA, Cabaye etc ain’t world beaters-yet), but the one @175 was uncalled for. Unless you have been a coach (anywhere) you are also in the same boast, surely.

• 216 jasper // Aug 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Ian @194

Because he doesn’t go missing when others need support.
    As another season ticket holder I find it overwhelmingly frustrating the Newcastle cannot retain possession. My heart sinks when we have a throw-in in our own half as 1 recon it is less then 50-50 that we will hold on to it. We either get caught in possessn immediately or hoof it and lose it that way.
    Watch the movement of all the players (something that is very difficult unless you are there, you can’t see it on TV). Contrast it to other teams. Even Reading and Southampton gave us lessons on how to retain and build from the back.
    The midfield need to support the defence by making themselves available. Anita does this, as does Marveaux. That’s why I want to see more of them.
    To my mind AP is fixated on what to do when we haven’t got the ball – he’s defeatist and thinks we won’t – so he favours playing defensive midfielders (Jonas, Tiote, Sissiko) instead leaving Cabaye as the only midfielder who gets his Head up and has any prospect of picking a pass.

Bills @192
    I share many of you views on financial strategy but can’t go with supporting AP. I just can’t see him changing his spots, he just doesn’t get it. Last season did it for me. Every game I knew who he would play and how. If I could work it out so could the opposition.

Just looked at a few other blogs. Those that have a decent volume of comments (Nufcblog.co.uk and .org) read much the same as this one ……..

• 217 nufc 11 // Aug 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Shawcross of Stoke anyone future captain in the making sell willo and one from either Taylor of Colo.

• 218 chestnut // Aug 9, 2013 at 3:46 AM

cyprus // Aug 8, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Chestnut,

Citizens Rights Directive 2004/38/EC

IN THAT CASE, ALL NATIONAL FAs IN EU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CIRCUMVENT THIS RULE (TO IMPOSE MAX. 8 FOREIGN PLAYERS IN THE STARTING XI OF EVERY GAME IN THE TOP DIVISIONS, AND ALSO MAX. 5 FOREIGN PLAYERS IN THE LOWER DIVISIONS).

previous post: Pardew – I’ve Earned My Spurs – Proud To Be Newcastle Manager