The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Rangers 1 Newcastle 1 – Video Highlights

9:12 am, Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 44 Comments

Here are the video highlights of the 1-1 draw between Rangers and Newcastle last night at Ibrox – this one has Scottish commentators and it’s from Rangers TV – there’s a short ad at the front – and it looks good in full screen. Thanks to reader Karl for alerting us to this.

Rangers v Newcastle United - Pre Season Friendly

Tim Krul – played the first half last night at Ibrox

Rangers 1 Newcastle 1 – Video Highlights

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Friendlies · Newcastle News · Pre-Season · Video

44 responses so far ↓

• 1 nico // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Looks like we might only bring in one loan player this summer. Big profits for Newcastle then.

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Ed…are there really any point in video highlights?

…were there any highlights? :-) lol

• 3 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM

What we need is another ST winger and a CB that will complement Mbiwa when colo leaves thats it

• 4 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Must say Ed…having Pardwho in that halo fron banner thing really makes us cringe.

• 5 Ibizatoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Nothing like a draw in a pre-season game to bring everyones mood crashing down….

…So, some good news?

Brighton got knocked out of the Capital 1 cup last night, we might actually make it past the 3rd round this season….

• 6 nico // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM

So we made a profit last season. This season we have lowered our wage bill and only brought in one player on loan. There’s an extra 30 million this year for Sky. So, we should make 40 million + profit. I make that 4-5 more years before Ashley’s loan is paid off.

• 7 King Arfa // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Lads i might be a little late on this but im sure i read about us having a bid for hernandez accepted off man u is this right? I was half asleep though lol cheers HWTL

• 8 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Ibiza

It was the style and excuses that brought everyone down.
    Absolutely nothing has changed from last season … the grass was long …ffs

LaurenRobert was at the match and said it was like a bowling green. So the lies have started as well.

• 9 sirjasontoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Ashley is here until he dies Nico….and he hates every Toon fan with equal measure.

• 10 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

King Arfa

Twitter rumour started by a Mackem for a laugh …

• 11 Ibizatoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Hatem…Oh…really? Grass too long? Sorry, not very funny, but I have to laugh.

I read a fair bit of the commentary and it seemed we were playing fairly well, other than conceding the penalty and then the 2nd half got a bit ugly.

Another season of fun ahead then?

• 12 richyg01 // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Remy – Injured.

Collo – Injured.

Season aint even started and here we go again with injuries.

• 13 King Arfa // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Ah right ok wat a twat lol cheers anyway dude

• 14 jimmysmith // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I too think Ash is here for the term of his natural life, and our fortunes will be directly linked to those of Sports Direct and the owners largesse.. How duff!

• 15 Ibizatoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

richy…Colo is injured?

• 16 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Ashley´s here until he gets an offer he can´t refuse.
    There are lots of very rich people interested in owning a football team … one of these days … what a day that will be … street parties in the Toon.

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

That grass is so long you can’t see the players feet :o

• 18 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I never liked the notion “it is only pre-season”!

…have I missed something; have the season started for those team who seem to both want to win games and evolve???

• 19 richyg01 // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

@15

Taken off last night as a precaution.

Potential Groin injury.

• 20 Ibizatoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Does anyone have a link to Pardews post match comments?

Also, was Krul taken off as a precaution or did he aggravate his injury?

• 21 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Haven’t heard anything on any injuries!

• 22 Ibizatoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

richy….Cheers.

Jesper…Yes and no. It would be nice to get some momentum going in pre-season, or at least try some new ideas, but at the end of the day, it is an opportunity for the players to work on their fitness in a competitive environment and as we’ve seen many times before our pre-season form has little to do with how we perform once the season starts.

Not inspiring, but not a disaster either.

• 23 Rainrix // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM

• 24 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Only heard Colo pulled his groin a little bit…christ he is not getting any younger and you guys should see me after a game ;)

…don’t even go there Ibiza lol

• 25 Spoof // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I have often defended Pardew and always been on the side that beleaves that he should stay as our manager, but I am starting to change my mind, what we have been fed is lessons learned from last season, that’s complete nonsence as he is still persisting with Benny as a no. 10, Sissoko as a right winger and Cabaye as a holding midfielder, sorry but I blind man can see that Benny should be the right winger and Sissoko is so obviously a deep lying midfielder, but Pardew is to stubborn to change this and as a result we will struggle, the only hope we have is that Remy once fit forces Pardew to adapt a 4-3-3 which will at least mean that Benny will be on the right

• 26 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Ibiza…as you might know I am not that kean on excuses (only when it comes to my age ;) ) lol

• 27 Dannyo // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Clearly a highlight reel biased towards Rangers. No surprise though, ours will be biased towards us.
    We had so, so many chances according to Ryders twitter update.

• 28 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

*keen

• 29 Ibizatoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Jesper…What do you mean? Go where? :)

Spoof…Hasn’t Benny played the majority of his games on the RW under Pardew?

I wont comment on Sissoko on the RW mind….absolute madness.

For me, it’s still the same issue as last year, it’s all well and good getting rid of Pardew and of course there are better managers out there, but does anyone really think we’ll be getting one of those? I have major doubts.

What’s that I can hear? Mick Harford & Joe Kinnear tag team management? Oh yeah, sign me up for some of that! Sorry, I’d rather have Pardew all day, every day.

• 30 JP...from The Rock // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM

“We need more firepower,” Pardew said. “We needed that other option to Papiss.

• 31 paul24 // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM

@Spoof

Whatever you hope he will do he wont, hell i wouldnt be suprised if he played Remy at RB just to keep up the trend :P

• 32 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Ibiza…I don’t even want to contemplate what we would get if Pardew were to leave!

…I am still hoping Joke leaves first followed by Mike ;) lol

• 33 JP...from The Rock // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

• 34 Spoof // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Yes he has Ibiza, but not since the arrival Sissoko, before Benny returned last season Sissoko played as the no. 10 with Cabaye the holding midfielder, since Benny got back, Cabaye has still been the holding midfielder but Benny has gone central with Sissoko on the right.

• 35 IITianToon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM

By the way the penalty was so clumsy. Colo just seemed to take his man out without any intention to play the ball.

• 36 martoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Morning lads – I know a lot of you don’t like Pardew but I do feel you twist everthing he says. If the ball was not travelling along the grass as they are used to then it is a fair comment. I only followed the game on Twitter so hard to judge but we sounded to be quite decent in the first half after the penalty. We didn’t play as well second half but we did use a lot of subs – a useful run out I would say.
    Mind you I thought we should have had a penaly shoot out to decide the Ashley cup :)

• 37 Rotonda heights // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I wonder if the grass is the wrong shade of green for Pardew. Honestly nothing changes with this clown. How is the long grass a problem for his hoof ball tactics! So sad as we have a great squad now which in the right hands would be a joy to watch.

I know Pardew won’t go anywhere because of the pay off and yes JFK would be the likely replacement but Pardew just wrings every little bit of pleasure away from watching a football match. He is the polar opposite of KK and not in a good way.

• 38 martoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM

*penalty (a touch of the Chris Waddle)

• 39 Ibizatoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Spoof…Well let’s hope that changes pretty sharpish. In theory, I like the idea of Benny in the hole, but it never really lives up to expectations as he finds himself crowded out.

I’m with you, if we are to play a 4-2-3-1 I would love to see a midfield of:

———Anita——-Sissoko———–
    —Benny—–Cabs———Remy—–
    —————Cissse———————

Mind, a 4-3-3 set up as below doesn’t sound too bad:

—————-Sissoko——————
    —–Anita—————-Cabs———-
    Benny——–Cisse————Remy

Jesper…I’m not holding much hope of that happening anytime soon. Oh well, back to hoping JK is still busy trying to get in some players.

• 40 numba9 // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM

1 injury up front and were in the sh1t again last season was a right of because a lack of spending in summer if it happens again it is scandalous. Only in late December did the hierarchy realize what a bad mistake it was. Have they learnt ?? We NEED another two in other wise its likely to be the same

• 41 Rotonda heights // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

JP from the rock

Dud you see new tricks last night? all filmed from Gib

• 42 Spoof // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

martoon

I’m not particularly bother about the performance or the result’s in pre-season, but what does concern me is where he is playing his players, Benny, Sissoko and Cabaye should all be rotated, but contrary to what we were told the lessons of last season appear not to have been learned, and I have always defended Pardew

• 43 IITianToon // Aug 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

hej jesper ; hola ibiza and hello the rest; Shola and Guti the standout performers, what can you say!
    Need to watch full games to see how we are playing. It would appear that we dont play hoof anymore.
    Is the Braga game on TV? Considering Pards will probably play his starting XI against City, we should be able to get a fair idea after watching the full match.

Looking at the highlights, our full backs seemed crap at defending :|

• 44 Ibizatoon // Aug 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Chris…I mean martoon….far too rational there mate :) I do agree, but I do understand why people are struggling to see what lessons have been learnt from last season. There doesn’t appear to be much different.

IITian..Good day….It’s a tough one. Jonas in particular gets a lot of stick, but he always works well for the team and seemed to be involved in everything last night. There is clearly a reason he gets picked and I don’t believe it has anything to do with some schoolyard crush…

previous post: Gomis Tweets Make It Clear He Wants Newcastle Move