The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle After Brazilian Wonder Kid

10:06 am, Friday, August 9th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 58 Comments

There was news yesterday that Newcastle are monitoring Santos forward 17-year-old Victor Andrade, who has been described as the next Neymar, but there are also some big clubs after him, which is hardly surprising.

Victor Andrade 99

Victor Andrade – 17 year-old Santos forward

The youngster doesn’t turn 18 until next month, but he has already played 22 times for Santos with three goals and two assists, and has also played for the Brazilian U20 side.

Victor made his debut for Santos in June of last year, in a match against Fluminense, when he was just 16.

But Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool are all said to be interested in the youngster, so there’s very little chance we can get him to Tyneside, although it’s not completely impossible.

Andrade’s agents are NVA Entertainment Group, and they have confirmed that indeed some English clubs are after their player, and this is what an NVA Entertainment Group spokesman said:

“We can confirm that there is interest in England in Victor, and not unsurprisingly from some of the bigger clubs.”

“Victor is a wonderful talent, but we and his family are calm and we are confident his future will be resolved at the right time, in the right way.”

But Santos will probably not be willing to sell until Victor is a little older and hopefully has come through like Neymar did, and then Pele’s former club can sell him at a huge transfer fee, which Newcastle wouldn’t be able to afford.

So if we are really interested, Newcastle  would have to take a bit of a chance and bring  him in now.

In truth, there is very little chance that Newcastle can sign this youngster, but we are always willing for Joe Kinnear to shock us – on the positive side that is. :D

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

58 responses so far ↓

• 1 G // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Our record with Brazilians isn’t fantastic like, but it would be nice to get somebody they are branding ‘The next Neymar’.

• 2 NUFCarter // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM

We need some Brazilian class at NUFC.

• 3 G // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM

@2, lets just not have another Cacapa though eh? Or a Mirhandina for that matter.

• 4 NUFCarter // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Don’t tell Ashley Hull have changed their name to Hull City Tigers. He may change ours to Newcastle United Magpies….

• 5 Rotonda heights // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

G

We’ve only had 2 as far as I know so perhaps a bit of a generalisation there. Mirandinha was great and Fumaca wasn’t.

Other S.Americans like the Robledos, Nobby, Tino, Colo etc have done well.

• 6 nico // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I was just looking at the official Newcastle squad on the club website. I took out all the players that wouldn’t have to be registered e.g. 21 or younger. Looking at what we’ve got there are no squad places for any new signings as we meet our number of 25. That’s including Amilifatano, Obertan, Ryan Taylor and Gosling. That mean’s if we buy or loan any more players, some of these players will have to be moved on.
    Can’t say I’m to bothered, however I would like to see more of Gosling as he’s never been fit yet and could prove a good attacking centre mid.

• 7 NUFCarter // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Oh yeah claudio cacapa what ever happened to him

• 8 Rotonda heights // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM

wasn’t cacapa a naturalised frenchman in the end?

• 9 G // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

RH, Mirandinha was far from great. He was decent, assuming the weather was nice, which in the football season it generally isnt in the UK. He was ok, but as .com often remind us, as per the song, he wasn’t from Argentina, and he wasn’t f**king brill either.

• 10 nico // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Buy the Brazilian wonder kid and get him British status after a few years. Might help England’s chances of becoming good again.

• 11 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Surely #14 is as much a bench number as # 12? ;)

• 12 ToonDownSouth // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Gosling and Vuckic both seem similar to me – it almost feels like due to their injuries, they’ve missed the period in their careers where most footballers grow up and develop into Premier League players.

They both look brilliant in friendlies and against the odd European minnow, but put them on the pitch in a PL game and they don’t know what day it is.

That’s not to say they couldn’t both turn it around, but it’ll be tough.

• 13 Rotonda heights // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

G

Maybe time is clouding my judgement
    but I thought Mirandinha had a few decent games

• 14 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Lol the hull city tigers! God I hope Ashley doesn’t see that wouldn’t want to admit to supporting the Newcastle sports direct magpies

• 15 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM

TDS
    Completely agree with that mate, big big season for these lads

• 16 NUFCarter // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yeah no.14 is not a starting number in my opinion but looking at the numbers available i’d prefer 14 to 12. Oh well its only for a season haha

• 17 G // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM

RH, don’t get me wrong, he wasn’t a disgrace, far from it, he had his moments, but he also often looked out of place, and not up to the physical challenge of English football. Sadly there were more of those moments, than there were of the sublime moments. I remember when we signed him we all turned up to the home games wearing Mexican sombrero’s. How irrelevant is that! Happy days.

• 18 Conaldo (The Wizard - Member of the Triangle of Intelligence) // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Newcastle United Zebras.

• 19 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Nico
    Doubt Ryan Taylor will be named in the squad mate, he’s injured for the season and given that amalfitano hasn’t had a single run out pre season I doubt he will either, as for ober, I’m still hoping he won’t be here tbh

• 20 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

The Newcastle skunks

• 21 quitesimple // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Lads have yas seen the Instagram video of remy trying to catch the egg in his hat at hanna hanna made by sameobi? It’s class haha

• 22 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Good morning peeps! And how art thou all today? Much news?

• 23 Conaldo (The Wizard - Member of the Triangle of Intelligence) // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Newcastle United Penguins

• 24 blew // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

First paragraph states we are monitoring Andrade,
    BUT big clubs are also after him, citing Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. Are you inferring Ed, that Newcastle are not a big club?

• 25 quitesimple // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Who on here plays FIFA on ps3? Fancy a game

• 26 pawl250 // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I am pretty excited for the start of the season.

I hope we can get 2 more players through the door. Preferably another striker for sure.

We have a strong team, we have an average? manager.

It is a shame we do not have a quality manager, but we must make do with what we do have.

This team has potential, it needs confidence and although Man City have lost is 2 times in the past 2-3 years at home we need to attempt to get atleast a point from that game.

It will be tough, I mean they have not only a starting 11 of pure quality, probably the most expensive in the league, but a bench full aswell.

Hoping we can get something, and hope Braga game fills ours fans with positive thoughts, sick of all the negativity with people focusing on MA, or relegation.

• 27 magicbus // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Not a cat in hells chance move on

• 28 ArtyH // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I remember when we spent a fortune on Hugo Viana who had just won Euro under 21 player of the year- Ronaldo was second. Look where Viana is now and look at Ronaldo. Our setup destroys talent as we do not invest in the right back ground staff. Look how many injuries we had last season and the lengthy layoff there were, HBA should have been better taken care of and he would have been back earlier, and played better. Pardew is also a problem because he cannot change a game when play changes, I feel a bit sorry for the players who looked disheartened at the end of last season. No wonder Cabaye and Collo want away, and there were the arguments in the changing room also. There are quite a few things that need sorting out before we will be a great team again, getting a new manager would be first on my list……Just saying….

• 29 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Newcastle puffins

• 30 TOONALE // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Newcastle Wongers hope thats the correct spelling.

• 31 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Blew

When you consider a Brazilian’s perception of what constitutes a “big club” in England, then sadly Newcastle are not a big club.

An outsider would see that we’ve won nothing in over 40 years, have recently been relegated and finished 16th last season.

We all know we are a big club, but in the eyes of someone outside of the UK, we are nowhere near as big as Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Chelsea.

• 32 nufc 11 // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

If ive heard the term Brazilian Wonder Kid
    ive heard it a 1000 times, alrite if got him 200k or somthing like that other than that leave him where he is it some south americans flourish at some clubs and fade away at others look at shaktar they 15 brazilians on the books and its hardly topical weather in the ukraine, they get them in at buttons and sell on for fortunes, so do porto, benfica, etc. we need to create a culture within the club where these players could come over, develop, loaned out and come bk rounded off players worth millions, only thing about the PL you dnt get time to play kids its more and more cut throat than ever, look at that kid piazon at chelski, denis saurez at city danny pacecho at pool they got it to fast to easy to get to the top….carted around with private cars and bodygaurds as if they made it wen they didnt the days of washing boots are long gone and will never make now bcoz of it.

• 33 Ben3arfa // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Victor Andrade wouldnt get a work permit if he signed for an english team as he is not a regular full international

• 34 G // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

@33, Portuguese parentage apparently. He qualifies for one of their passports.

• 35 Conaldo (The Wizard - Member of the Triangle of Intelligence) // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Don’t know how many on here frequent twatter, but there’s an account called USA Soccer Guy, taking the mick out of how americans view football.

He calls us the Newcastle Soccer Raccoons.

I quite like that.

• 36 surreytoon // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

His mother is Portuguese so he will

• 37 Ibizatoon // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Ben3Arfa…I read yesterday he would qualify through having Portuguese parents.

Good morning all

• 38 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Ibiza

I clocked your praise for my non-biting, one day at a time….one day at a time haha

• 39 Ben3arfa // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Good morning Ibiza

I dont know if we’d be interested in Andrade though

Looks like another drab day ahead with no real news.

• 40 NUFCarter // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quitesimple

Ps3?

• 41 Ibizatoon // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

So then, in case it hasn’t been mentioned ….he has Portuguese parent(‘s)….

Don’t worry people, I have more breaking news….the World isn’t flat!

Conaldo…Do you remember the childrens show called the Racoons?

Anyway, you can forget having the word soccer in our name…I’d rather have sports direct in there…ok, that may be pushing the truth a little.

• 42 surreytoon // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Slow news day…

I predict the next bit of news will be “Gomis: If I have to stay at OL this is not a problem”

i.e. “Ideally, I’d like to run down my contract so that I can leave on a free, get £3m as a signing on fee, a few million for my agents and pick the club I want to go to!”

• 43 G // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM

@40 Ps3, is like one of those x box wii 60 u things. They were known as an Atari or Coleco in our day, and if you were posh you could play Space Invaders on it.

• 44 Ibizatoon // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Ben3Arfa…Now that is another discussion altogether :)

Ruddy…Credit where credit is due and all that…I do hope nothing has been smashed against the walls at Casa Ruddy instead…

• 45 Conaldo (The Wizard - Member of the Triangle of Intelligence) // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Ibizatoon – No, but a quick google tells me it’s a couple years before my time.

I wouldn’t have soccer in the name either, Hate the word. I’ve been following the mls quite a lot for the last few months, and I love it, except having to hear “this is some good soccer” every 8 minutes.

• 46 gonz // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Hope Remy’s heading ability with a football is better than this attempt with an egg.

• 47 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Ibiza

Well I’ve had to spread the aggression elsewhere, so my local town has suffered from a new spate of vandalism, and sightings of a horrific green monster screaming “RUDDY SMASH”

Not saying there is a link, just keeping you informed of goings on…

• 48 Maladoni 69 // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Phewmacca anybody, remember him? That makes 3.

• 49 Perchinho Pricing Blunder // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM

@conaldo USA soccer guy is the funniest thing on Twitter.
    Calls Roberto Martinez Ricky Martinez and links all his posts to @rickymartin
    the best ones are when people don’t get the parody and correct him and have a go. All he says is “thanks buddy! You have an awesome day now”

• 50 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM

There is something about the word soccer…it sounds girlish! …what do you say Ibiza ;-)

• 51 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM

PPB

US Soccer Guy is now a featured contributor on MSN Sport, some of the things he comes out with are hilarious!

• 52 Perchinho Pricing Blunder // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Ruddy I’m well aware of this. I love his articles.
    Especially how he totally loves the American players and says it’s controversial when they’re not in the starting 11

• 53 Conaldo (The Wizard - Member of the Triangle of Intelligence) // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

PPB – He’s brilliant like. He writes a column on the Ladbrokes website or something now aswell I think. Can’t believe people still fall for him.

• 54 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

PPB

I read one of his articles about Bale and I didn’t know what was funnier, the article itself or some of the ludicrous comments made in the comments section who think he’s being serious!

• 55 quitesimple // Aug 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Nufcarter aye names rubyweapon777

• 56 blew // Aug 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Ruddy ‘ 31
    I agree with you, I was commenting on Ed’s
    perception of our status

• 57 Greebol1892 // Aug 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM

FFS forget it. We can’t compete with the top four for signings man.
    Fumaca was better than this article.
    Des Hamilton wasn’t Brazilian but he was poo.

• 58 CullysFinest // Aug 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM