Pardew – This Lad Has Exceptional Talent – Video

There’s no doubt that Hatem Ben Arfa is the most exciting player at Newcastle and when this lad’s on form he’s almost unplayable, and he’s already scored two of the best individual goals ever seen at St. James Park against Blackburn and Bolton last year.

ben arfa weraing wonga yesterday

Ben Arfa in training last month

But of course one big reason why we faltered big time last season was that we were without Ben Arfa from November, and we certainly missed his game changing skills.

That Hamstring injury he picked up never fully recovered last season but manager Pardew is hoping the rest during the summer and new fitness coach Faye Downey can keep this French wizard fit this season.

This is what Alan Pardew said in the local press today:

He has already put him forward for a recall to the France team ahead of the summer’s World Cup and reckons that the influence of new fitness coach Faye Downey will play a big part in any renaissance.

“It’s a big year for Hatem to stay fit. I don’t worry about anything else with Hatem,” “I look at him and we all know when we train with him he’s got exceptional talent. “

“We need it on the pitch and we need more of it. That’s something we’ve worked really hard with him on this summer, particularly in pre-season. He got his rest from that hamstring injury.”

“Remember that was a terrible hamstring injury and I remember people questioning if he would come back the same. Actually in pre-season he’s produced faster times than anyone else. We know that burst of power is there and that is what sets him apart.”

And to cheer fans up this Friday morning – have a look back to those two great goals he scored at St. James Park last year.

Absolutely fantastic!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• G

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I’m dissapointed Ed, when I saw the headline I thought this was Remy’s Egg trick. How about a thread on that, after all, it’s the nearest we have to any actual Newcastle United news today?

• jeff

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Marv and vuckic excite me more. HBA is a ball hogging glory hound and will always be

• Scottiedog

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Yes he is good, but his mistakes end up costing us goals 🙁

Scott Sinclair PLEASE!!!!!!

• Slank

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM

G @ 1

I have been looking for footage, with no luck, of the Egg on the Faces freekick when Rob Lee was playing.

Three Newcastle players lined up to take a free kick. All three did a dummy run over the ball. The expressions on their faces when they turned around and saw the ball was still in place was priceless.

• paul24

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:43 AM

The boy’s got talent, but he’s just too inconsistent and he just doesnt seem to take his fitness seriously.

• voice of raisin

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I personally would love to see Marveaux given more time in the middle of the park, the lad is one of the best passers of a ball in the team and I hope he gets plenty more game time through the middle this season.

Id also like to see anita play alot more but I cant see either actually happening

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

jeff

so is Messi and look how he turned out

• SeanNufc87

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Jeff your back!

• G

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

@ Slank, a classic. Nearly as funny as that video of a scandinavian game where that bloke is halfway round the pitch celebrating his goal that wasn’t because the ball had stuck in the mud in the box. His face is one of the funniest things ever.

• Slank

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Jeff

I think Vuckic probably has the strongest shot in the club, certainly against other left footers. His long range efforts are generally accurate and powerful.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Just a shame pardw doesn’t play him in the right position.

Sorry Ibiza,
    Pardew is a wonderful, upstanding, highly moral and well thought of character. Oh wait….

• Toon-Prodigy

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

That Bolton goal makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I was up in one of the boxes and it was a pretty boring game in all honesty. Then up popped Ben Arfa out of nowhere with this peach.

The crowd and buzz is absolutely electric on that video.

Lets hope he stays fit.

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

i think Vuckic should be giving a shot as a Striker, him and Cisse as striking partners could be what we need, imo.

• ENNYOUEFFSEE

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Brilliant player in my opinion. Fitness is a worry at times but can turn the game in an instance. Starting position every time if he is fit.

• G

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM

@11, that’s an elaborate way of calling him a c**t isn’t it? lol. (AP that is, not Ibiza)

• Rotonda heights

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM

voice of raisin,

I know cabaye doesn’t look great at the moment as he’s played out of position but if he were to leave then Marveaux
    isn’t the worst shout as he has shown he can thread those killer through balls that cabaye was doing to Cisse the season before last.

• Graeme

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I think this season could see the emergence of Vukic from the shadows! He has enormous potential but has had so many injuries and never had a chance to deliver on the main stage.

Evidently he is fitter and stronger than he’s ever been – hope it comes off for him, he has great vision and composure and he could be a huge asset for us.

• SeanNufc87

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Rotonda

My gran would tell you if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

She would then feed you into a coma.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Rotonda…You and I are going to have to work on this middle ground malarkey. I’m suggesting 2 sessions weekly and my credentials are on their way in the post…honest.

G / Slank…If you find that free kick referred to @ 4, please post it. Don’t recall it and it sounds worthy of a watch or two.

On thread…I really do hope Benny avoids any serious injury this season. He really is such an exciting player, but patience is seemingly running thin…unlike his current frame.

• PUMMELLER

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Jeffs back!
    People please see it as the joke its meant to be and stop taking it seriously! Some of your responces to him are more laughable than the original comment!

• Black and White with an army lol

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

where has Cabaye been played out of position?

• Greebol1892

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

AND HE’S OFF!

Pardew’s daily interviews have started again. Nice bloke but he just can’t stop rabbiting. RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT (Chas n Dave style!)

• G

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM

@19, just google Egg on Your Face Free Kick Newcastle United, it’s usually the top link from the results that come up from Youtube. Can’t access Youtube from work, so I can’t paste the link, but try that.

• wolfshead@toon

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM

rotonda

on the positive side hes not jfk haha

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM

This season is make or break. Yes he’s a great player, yes he can change a game in an instant blah blah blah but he’s also never fit, he’s also selfish, he also picks the wrong pass or doesn’t pick a pass at all.

Personally, I’d like to give him another season to see if he can a) play more than 30 games in a season and b) contribute more when he does play.

We’ve no room for passengers, even ones as talented as Wor Hatem

• Ibizatoon

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

G…Should I be offended that you felt the need to clarify that?

I’ll just start drafting an email to Ed whilst I await a response….

• Markaccus

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Greebol

Yeah heaven forbid he should talk up his players and instil a bit of confidence in them.

• Bearsize

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Wow ben arfa looks like the best player in the world on you tube clips

• pawl250

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Ben Arfa is a fantastic player when utilized in the correct manner.

———————- Krul ———————-
    Debuchy – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Santon
    ——- Cabaye — Tiote — Sissoko ——
    Ben Arfa ——– Cisse ———– Remy

He is an attacking player, play him in an attacking role.

4-3-3 is our best formation. Look at it, its blistering with quality and pace.

And our back up is

GK – Elliot, Alnwick
    DR – RTaylor, Tavernier
    CB – STaylor, Williamson, Street, Good
    LB – Haidara, Dummett

Midfield 3 – Anita, Jonas, Bigirmana, Vuckic, Gosling, Amalfitano

Attacking 3 – Gouffran, Obertan, Gomis?, Sammy, Shola, Campbell

We have depth if we sign Gomis, or another striker. Could do with an attacking wide man, someone in the mold of Sinclair, or my personal choice Wjnaldum.

Personally could not see the harm in keeping Perch for further back up, hardly like his 500k fee or whatever it was made a difference and not exactly high earner I bet.

We have a good side, just need to utilize them correctly, Ben Arfas mistakes are due to him playing deep with his defensive duties.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

G…Why thank you kind sir. I suppose I can manage that amount of effort, but it will be tough.

Black and White…I believe this is the debate of whether Cabaye should be played as a CM or more advance in a sort of ACM position…

• Belfast

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Did Ibiza get his internet problem fixed ?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I feel like signing a new player!

…what’s JK up to?

• Ibizatoon

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Belfast…Luckily for you….I did.

Bet that’s even better news that logging on to see we’ve made a new signing?

• pawl250

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Fantasy Football Team for Telegraph, baring in mind its a friends league hence on that one. Think its cracking if I do say so myself…. what you think?!

3-5-2

————————- Mignolet ————————-
    ———– Luiz —- Azpilicueta – Koscienly ———
    Hazard — Walcott — Navas — Oscar — Coutinho
    ———– Benteke ————— Bony —————–

Please note I do NOT pick NUFC players, as I do not like to heeby jeeby them lol

• Belfast

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

It’s all gone very quiet on the Gomis situation now.
    Maybe we’ve moved on. Looks like we could be going into the first game with 1 new signing who’s actually injured and he’s only on loan.

• Belfast

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Told you that stamping on the router always works !

• Slank

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Pawl

I think that’s the team that will line-up against West Ham and Fulham. I don’t think Remy will be fit for Man City, regrettably.

• SeanNufc87

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Pawl

I know what you mean, I put sissoko on mine after his great start n look what happened!

• G

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM

As it’s a quiet news day, I’m gonna put this one out there, but who do we fancy for the Prem title this year? My money’s going on Chelsea.

• Fridge

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM

What about signing some players? We havent spendt ANY money except a loan fee! And dont Get me started on our fantastic manager. Yeah, things Are looking bright at Newcastle United. Its blinding me…

1 2 3 5