Newcastle Is The Perfect Club – I Am Very Very Happy

Newcastle signed Kevin Mbabu on the last day of the January transfer window from Servette in Switzerland, and since that time he seems to have settled in well at the Tyneside club.

kevin mbabu 98732

Kevin Mababu – Newcastle is the perfect club for me

And it turns out that Kevin had a 10 day trial at Arsenal when he was 16 and got an offer to join the Gunners.

But he turned them down and when clubs were after him in January he made it clear that Newcastle was his number one choice.

Servette was the former club of Phillippe Senderos, and Kevin Mbabu has great potential and is a Swiss youth international.

Kevin has given an interview to L’Equipe in France about his six months so far at Newcastle:

“I went ten days with Arsenal. It was a tournament in Italy and in the end, they told me they wanted me and that they would discuss the situation with Servette. I was OK, then I thought about it and I said no. “

“I did not feel ready to go. Everyone spoke of the example of Djourou, but now I do not regret that decision.” “I wanted to leave Servette  for a while. I had this opportunity, I had not even thought about it.”

“When I went to visit the facility ion Tyneside n December, I immediately thought: “This is the perfect club, this is the one I need!” “I am very happy –  very, very happy.”

“Every time I go out in Newcastle, someone looks at me strangely and asks me if I’m Kevin. It’s just crazy! ”  “In Switzerland, when I said I was playing for Servette, people couldn’t care. Others said: “Servette? What is this?

“At Newcastle, you don’t have to say that you play for Newcastle,  because people recognize you.” “But if you say you do, they are amazed. ”

“If it’s me like that for me, I cannot imagine what it’s like for Yohan Cabaye!”

Mbabu is a defender, and the 18 year-old is one of Newcastle’s most promising young players.

And he’s a youngster Newcastle fans love to have at Newcastle, and that’s not a surprise.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• paul24

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Newcastle is the perfect club.

That made me laugh so hard i almost dropped my pint xD
    At least the young’ens happy to be here, i’m sure he’ll change his tune before long 😛

• Toonacious T

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Is this my first first?

• Toonacious T

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Denied! Thank God….that would have been a new low, especially on such earth shattering piece of news!

• Honoured2BNUFC

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Evidently not toonacious!

• kevymartins

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM

The younger players love the spotlight, when I met Mehdi Abeid I think he was amazed that someone recognized him. We were the only people in the restruant that recognized him.

• Honoured2BNUFC

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Seems like a really nice kid, plenty of talent and his head properly screwed on-I’m rootin’ for ya lad.

• Toonacious T

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Not long to the City game now….time to unveil our secret weapon to send shivers down Vincent Kompany’s back………re-enter…..Shefni Kuqi…. JFK does the business, lol…

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Well done, Kevin. Good luck to you.

• Toonacious T

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Is the B list in reality the A list if you only half heartedly pursued the players on the A- list with low ball bids in order to placate the fans and Pardew?

• Sazzer

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM

What worries me about defence is that Mbiwa looks more of replacement than a complement to Colo at moment.

Something that leave us vulnurable against certain types of strikers regardless they nail position play and pressure in training.

Also Debuchy will get in to trouble against pacy wingers unless he have a pacy CB/DM covering for him. As for now that could be done if practiced by a combination of Mbiwa and Sissoko or Anita.

Santon have the skills to be top defender but he just needs right kind of practice.

• Heslop Toon

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Hope he makes it at newcastle as he seems to be one of the few footballers out there who know how lucky they are to be in the position they are in.

• Toonacious T

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Does anyone else think wearing the rumoured third kit will make us all look like a bunch of man sized Fyfes bananas?

• Sazzer

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

A-list Ameobi
    B-list Bent
    C-list Cole
    D-list Defoe

=)

• Toonacious T

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Z list of DOF’s= JFK

• jimmysmith

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Is Debuchey actually physically slow or simply not yet acclimatized to the pace of the EPL

Santon isn’t slow, neither is Mbiwa, in fact just the opposite, and Colo reads the game so well he rarely gets done for pace.

Tubby Tayls would be well advised to drop ten kilos if he wants to keep his place.

• lesh

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Eeh, well and here’s me thinking it was Cabaye said that about us being the perfect club and being happy to be here.

Well Yohan, what about.it? It’s your call!

• Toon Tang

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:56 AM

under the current regime, we probs wont see this lad for another 5 years

• jeff

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Mbiwa will leave at the end of next season if Colo does not. It is sadly and blatantly obvious Pardew will play Taylor ahead of him this season. He’s a rock, right Kinnear.

• Shadow_Shearer

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Does anybody know anythin about kevin mbabu?? Couple months ago I tried 2 check up on him, there was so little information even google wikipedia couldn’t tell me anymore than I already knew. He’s 18, from Switzerland, a rb, joined nufc for 1 million in january and is up and coming.

• jamesnufc86

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:51 AM

I hope what the lad is saying inbetween the lines is what every Newcastle fan feels, for me , I’ll give him 100% support, I know that sounds patronising, as we’ve had lads we’ve stuck by and they have not produced , I.e Ameobi, but still…… What a lion heart he has for NUFC im probably the most passionate hopeful for Campbell . Heaps of people on here have underestimated the talent of the boy , he just needs his ego to be massaged , and he’s a go’er, through him into the deep end , bet he can swim

• jamesnufc86

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Everyone one knocks one off about Mbiwa for no reason, just because you all think he’s an up grade on Taylor ! Taylor is an experienced pl defended, Mapou got his “pants pulled down” by f-ing every striker ! He might have power and pace , but without the smarts you’re just a turd

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Its another few more days to the start of the campaign, and we have only made a single signing who won’t be available for our first 2 games maybe.

What a great window this has been for Ashley.

• gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb)

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:06 AM

@jamesnufc86 – totally disagree about M’biwa. He looks like he could become seriously good for us. Did you see when he played LB? He really showed how good a footballer he is, beating their full back and getting crosses in!

Obviously I don’t expect that from our CBs but did you see how many goal-saving blocks he made? The last few games of the season which he played he looked fantastic.

Not quite sure what you’ve seen that makes you think he hasn’t got “the brains” to be good?

• Klatoon

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Anyone doubting MYM need only remember the away game at Anzhi, didnt put a foot wrong although it was against some ‘unknown’ Cameroonian striker and a 6’5 giant!…also worth noting, Perchy playd alongside and was simply valiant!

• jimmysmith

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:16 AM

I’m not sure if Mbiwa is an upgrade on on Tayls, I just think Tubs is fat, is all.

• nut meg

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Jimmysmith @25
    I don’t think judging any of our January recruits is very fair just yet really.The coming season will give everyone a far better idea of what they can or cannot do.Also I’m sure I read months ago that Steven Taylor was working very hard in the gym so maybe he’s overdone it because I agree with you,he looks fat!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Morning everyone!

One thing that has been bugging me is the lack of youth player signings over the last couple of years.

…we have released quite a few, but we don’t sign many players at the age of 17 or younger even with the homegrown rule. Why is that? Are we producing these players ourself now? Hardly!

With Mike only signing French players since Brits are way too expensive we are going to need to start developing these homegrown players ourself! So what’s giving?

• Premiership Manager

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM

One player not many are mentioning is Hadara and for me he looks to be a very talented player, who can not only run the ball out of defence but also cross it as well.

With Mbiwa, Hadara and Anita plus Dummet as back up we have an excellent back line with quality cover in all positions.

In the central midfield we have Sissoko, Cabaye, Tiote, + Anita, Bigi, Gosling and Santon all offering quality cover,

And attacking midfield options are Marvaux, Goufran, HBA, with Obertan, Sammy, Jonas and Vukic offering cover.

Up front we have Cisse & Remy with Shola and Campbell offering cover.

It is a very strong squad and for me Remy, is the one to watch as he offers pace, creativity and can score goals. We didn’t see a lot of him last year but if you take Obertans pace, HBA’s trickery and Cisses finishing that’s what Remy offers.

My only worry is if the rape charge isn’t dismissed we will be left without any options up front.

I think we should drop the Gomis deal as I have a feeling he could be a great disappointment and with the shananagans going on it is obvious he will only come to Newcastle if there are no other options.

I’d much rather see the board take Moses on loan from Chelsea with an option to buy or invest in another 22-25 year old developing striker that fits the business model than leave it until the last minute and wait for the wheels to fall off the wagon.

With the current squad we have all the tools we need. The players have had time to adjust to the EPL, Pardew has lots of options in terms of players and formations therefore there can be no excuses as we do have a very strong squad all be it a bit thin up front.

It is essential we sign another forward and if we can also bring in an attacking midfielder who can cross the ball that would be the icing on the cake.

If it goes wrong, Pardew will be out by the end of October and then JFK will take over but will be out by Xmas. The trouble then will be attracting and recruiting a top quality, proven manager to keep us up. Personally if this happens I would throw the boat out and pay whatever was needed to get a top class manager as that is where we really need to invest if the club is to move forward.

I hope Pardew can deliver and prove us wrong, however with JFK lurking in the back ground creating an atmosphere it can’t be good for the long term future of the club. Signing players is easy yet in reality despite his claims he has yet to bring a permanent player over the line and if Remy is charged, we will have failed on all fronts and unfortunately Pardew will cop the lot for JFK’s and Ashleys failure to support him and bring in the players we need.

You may not like Pardew however he has been thoroughly professional throughout despite being put in a position that most managers would not tolerate.

The Keegan “Love It” interview was a classic, if the wheels fall of the wagon I’d love to see a Pardew rant on JFK and Ashley however I honestly feel he has too much dignity and would simply walk away saying he did his best. Lets hope he can deliver the goods and that JFK is pushed out for failing to deliver.

• LGFUAD21

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Why is everybody suddenly against sayler.?

The lad is mr newcastle and let’s not forget the amount of time the guy has put his balls quite literally on the line for us. He blocked a shot with his broken face.

Leave it yeeaaaaaaa

• nut meg

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:53 AM

The game to-night is listed on here

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:03 AM

PM…this is the exact same team with the exact same manager who failed miserably last season!

…excuse me if I am not as confident as you my friend!

I know buying players won’t fix our problems, but it could cure a major one; and that is stopping Pardew playing players out of position and making is negative subs.

He need options! I still think we need another forward and backup RB. Upgrading the likes of Obertan, Gos, Ameobi and Willo is still a priority for me 🙂

• cyprus

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Well I’m sorry Tayls supporters (including JFK and AP) as the club is more important than emotional decisions. And we need a settled, safe back four. The defensive line-up lays out by itself: Debs, Mbiwa, Colo, Santon. All internationals. The only possible change is Haidara, left with Santon pushed forward or playing a half each.
    The truth is, Taylor hasn’t progressed, possibly due to injuries. He has the heart, needs work on positioning and reading the game.

• fatfrank

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Can any of the Ashley haters name any owner or Chairman that has actually had the best interests of the club at heart?

I’m no lover of the bloke but I don’t see any difference between him and all the other bloodsuckers we’ve ever had

• nut meg

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Every body seems to want another CF,I agree we do need one but IMHO a creative AMF is more of a priority.We have have players in defense & in midfield who can play pass & move football. IMHO an AMF who can link play up with the forwards is a must,he should also be able to score goals & that will help to put US on the front foot instead of giving the momentum to the opposition .We need to sort it out asap,prevention is better than cure Mr Pardew !

• jackostoon

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Morning gents,
    Nutmeg,
    After seeing your link for the match, I thought I’d check the first row site I sometimes use, unfortunately virgin media have now put a block on the site, do you need to sign in, download extras or can you just click on the particular game you want

• nut meg

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:30 AM

jacko
    It’s been a while since i used & i can’t remember tbh but i think it’s just a matter of clicking the game you want.Give it a try ,nothing to lose.

• fatfrank

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:30 AM

If Pardew doesn’t have us near the top 6 by Xmas, and hasn’t learnt to play players in their proper position, then the fans will turn against him and he will be gone by Xmas.

I don’t believe Ashley would put JFK in, so who would be next manager?

• jackostoon

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Cyprus,
    I’m with you on this one bud, for all he is Mr Newcastle, I’m waiting throughout the game for his inevitable mistake, lunge, grab or slip, really worries me and when he does his party piece of looking one way then passing it the other on the halfway line I just cringe, it just doesn’t look right for me

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Jacko…virgin has probably blocked the DNS server you use (or the one the give you)

…changing it could solve your problem mate 😉

• nut meg