The Newcastle United Blog

Newcastle 1 SC Braga 1 – Video Highlights

10:19 am, Sunday, August 11th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 15 Comments

cheick tiote - braga

Cheick Tiote – in action yesterday

Newcastle 1 Braga 1 – video highlights

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Friendlies · Match Reports · Newcastle News · Pre-Season · Video

15 responses so far ↓

• 1 Toon Tang // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

cant believe we actually scored directly from a corner.

• 2 Indian Magpie // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

The fact that there was a portugese stream and not an English stream tells u a lot

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Pawl 00One of the biggest advocates of Mike Ashleys zero spend policy appeals to fellow bloggers that bother to spend the £27 that it takes to help support the club to buy him a shirt, Low full meg who claims that anybody who isn’t a member is mackem sc*m offers to buy him one. Priceless.

• 4 Toon Tang // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Something really really bad is just round the corner to balance things back out again surely. You don’t score directly from a corner and get off scot free.

• 5 archaeomag // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Wow – Braga had that near post well covered for the corner.

• 6 big papa // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM

• 7 Indian Magpie // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Ashley is to blame!

How can you hire JFK an Pardew?

How can we have no money to spend?

Why are we only going after french players?

Who is accounting for pardew’s blabbering?

• 8 jazzyp // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Jesper
    Morning mate
    RE previous thread-do I think our squad is strong enough for this season ?? simple answer NO.
    WE have a nucleus of talent within the squad, But out of the first eleven I still don’t see enough talent on the bench to bring on incase of injuries or suspension.
    AS well I feel teams around the top10 have strengthened where as we have stood still again much like last season.
    All I can hope for is a mad splurge in 2 or 3 days like the jan transfer window, otherwise I don’t see how we can progressively move forward under our current regime.

• 9 pawl250 // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Low fell mag defo interested mate

How much is it? Ill obv give you the money, if you wish could do it through paypal?

• 10 robertsleftfoot // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I am hearing very very strong rumours ashley is wanting to buy rangers, he would legally not be allowed to own both clubs, so on a positive note hopefully he sells to a billionaire sheik, however on a more negative note he wont be putting a penny in for players if he is about to invest heavily in rangers. The talk I have heard is that ashley feels he could buy rangers and make them the dominant force of scottish football(wouldnt be hard like) for half of what hes pumped into us, watch this space …….

• 11 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Jazzyp…usually Pardew has a preferred starting 11 (don’t think that’s a good idea by the way), but I really fear what will happen if that don’t pan out or if wr get hit by injuries!

…we haven’t addressed one of the major problems from last season which is upgrading the fringe players :-(

But if Pardew continues to say our team is good enough then I’ll continue to give him stick :-)

• 12 pawl250 // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Jail For Ashely,

just because I ain’t a member of the website doesn’t mean I don’t contribute already. I go to numerous games home and away, especially mid week games, will most likely own a half season, season ticket this year with my gf looking to move up north, if she ges the job she is interviewing for this week i will get a whole year, and I own this years top kit, like I do every other year. Like I said before I contribute, unlike some who moan and think they have the right….

They are followers, NOT supporters as they do not SUPPORT the team….

As for not being a website member, you could argue when I did, or when I do own a season tickets, having a membership will be pretty pointless, the only benefit is buying the exclusive member top.

I know money goes to the training academy but I have spent more than £30 on a yearly basis since I was 8? I could argue I have contributed more than 20k to Newcastle since I have been born, with help from Santa ;) of course!

• 13 Link // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM

what a diver!

• 14 Jail for Ashley // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Jazzyp,
    The whole set up is a joke, looking at yesterdays line up is there anything to suggest that it will be different to last season, I’m no big fan of Pardew but don’t
    you think he has told his ‘superiors’ of the need to strengthen but again has been told to work with the tools he’s got.

• 15 jazzyp // Aug 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Jail
    I do generally think that Mashley is not interested in any shape or form in NUFC.
    like you say-Pards has probably been told to work with what he has,WE have got rid of 3 or 4 players off the wage bill and not replaced them.
    Troubling times ahead I think

previous post: Is Yohan Cabaye On His Way Out Of Newcastle?

next post: Why There’s No Way Eto’o Will Join Newcastle