The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Could Joe Kinnear Be After This Belgian International Striker

6:25 pm, Monday, August 12th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 280 Comments

Jelle Vossen is a Belgium International striker who stands 5’11″ tall and since Joe Kinnear is rumored to be after a Belgian striker, we wonder if this lad could be the Newcastle target.

jelle vossen

Jelle Vossen – Genk’s 24 year-old striker

Jelle was born in Bilzen, Belgium, and he first joined Genk way back in 2000, when he was just 11 years old.

He became a starter at Genk in 2008 but was loaned out to Cercle Brugge for the 2009-2010 season, and he scored 8 goals in 21 appearances there, and in fact over the last three seasons at Genk he has scored 65 goals in 110 appearances – not bad at all.

In his career at Genk he has 148 total appearances and 78 goals in seven seasons he’s spent there.

Last season he scored 14 goals in only 21 appearances for his club side,and he has played for all the Belgian Youth sides from U15 through U21 (8 appearances) and he’s played 11 times for the full Belgium side with two goals.

Maybe out Belgian readers can comment on how good this lad would be for Newcastle, if indeed Joe is interested in signing him.

Here’s some video on Vossen.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

280 responses so far ↓

• 1 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM

SACK PARDEW, he’s killing our club.

• 2 Ben3arfa // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Good technique, doesnt seem like an especially quick player but can do a job playing just behind Cisse with his good distribution and distance shooting.

• 3 yo-yo // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

check

When did you change your mind about Pards then ?

• 4 sweendog // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I reckon it was Batshuayi ..not Vossen who was being looked at.

• 5 swisstone // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM

And so another round of guessing games begin…

Is anyone else alarmed that joe is going to look at a player at such a late stage??

What happened to having our back up plan sorted?

Surely the time for scouting players has been and gone??

Unless he’s thinking about the 2015/16 season

• 6 jazzyp // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Evening lads
    Jesus Christ is this what Nufc are resorting to now-I think now gomis is a non starter we are going to be linked with everybody.
    Seriously why cant things be simple and thought out.Carr should have been scouting CF’s long before ba left and yet 8 month later we are still struggling to bring in a top transfer target on a contract

• 7 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM

“I heard a silly comment of ‘what can I attract?’ I can open the door to any manager in the world, anyone, that’s the difference,” said Kinnear. “I’ve spent my whole life talking to [Sir] Alex Ferguson, week in, week out. I can pick the phone up at any time of the day and speak to Arsène Wenger, any manager in the league. In all the divisions.”

Ashley’s response to Kinnears comment was to simply refuse to top up his phone

• 8 Ben3arfa // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM

It is truly depressing how the current regime making signing a player out to be the most impossible thing in the world.

A team like ours shouldnt struggle to attract good players who (as Pardew aims) would keep us a mid-table side.

There is something very wrong here, Ashley has given up on the project it seems and will only use the club as a way to advertise his Sports Direct brand and its partners.

I pray for a miracle for this fat moron and his yes-men to be driven out of the club somehow.

I will not buy the wonga jersey this season as a sign of boycott , I do feel fans in general dont do enough to place pressure on Ashley.

We are often quiet until it is too late (as was the case in the relegation season). Will history repeat itself in 2013/2014?

• 9 JToon21 // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM

half black and white kit on pre-order this week to be released 22nd August

• 10 stuart no9 // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM

can anyone tell me the purpose of paying so much money to watch a game of football at SJP? .

Up until Feb/ march i paid 50 quid every home game, hoping we would come good and the team / manager would sort the mess out and make SJP an exciting place to go to as i have done for the last 45 years.

At the end of last season, everyone realised something was drastically wrong, be it the team,the manager, the squad , the men at the top – something had to change- it didnt, nothing has changed.

Over the last 3 months,while other clubs were busy in the transfer market , mainly in preparation to send out the best team they could next week, we have not moved on – learnt lessons from last season.

Teams like man u- Arsenal-man c-chelsea. are preparing their teams to win the league or win the CL, even spurs are still not prepared to sell bale foe 100M such is their ambition to do well and at least try to win something.

While supporters from these clubs will be shouting their team on in hope of silverware / titles / success in europe the real purpose of following your team , what will NUFC fans be hoping for? staying in the prem – thats it.- fans will be 30-40-50quid just to watch a game of football, knowing at the end of it there will be- nothing.

Some people on this blog will shout ‘ BUT YOU MUST SUPPORT THE TEAM” your right and your wrong.

Ashley has proved this window,beyond doubt , he is not prepared to give us success. He is not prepared to to give us our moneys worth every week, he is not prepared to give the newcastle fans a hint of excitement at SJP,something i have not experienced in all my years of supporting my team , so, if they cant make an effort to repay the fans for turning up week in- week out, for making them attend a football match , where the owner dosnt really care if we win or lose, as long as we dont go down( as ashley would weep in his beer if he lost the tv revenue about 70M , the same 70M he got this season that us fans will probably never see unless come xmas and we are bottom ) what is our reason for shouting the team on ? it is not to look forward to europe, ashley dosnt want it, it is to get excited about winning the league, ashley dosnt want it, winning a cup perhaps? naa pardew dosnt want it or know how to do it ( brighton/ stevenage?????) so what is there left to go for? nothing! i have decided not to go again, to pay 50 quid JUST to watch a game of football. -would man u- arsenal-man c chelsea fans go to support their team if they KNEW before the season started that their owner has decided he is not interested in winning anything and that IF the supporters wanted to go it would be simply to watch a game of football on a saturday with no chance of honours ? of course they wouldnt ! why should we ??????

• 11 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

stuart no9

For me to watch a game at SJP, it takes a seven hundred mile round trip and costs me a small bloody fortune to do so and I am not doing it again until this shambolic lot are gone

• 12 JDdubai // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Siem de Jong has a collapsed lung….just in case anyone was holding out for a late bid

• 13 josh // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I respect everyones right to have an opinion, but pardew is going nowhere for the moment. So is there any chance we can go at least one thread a day without somebody having a loose women session about it. It’s as variable as kiss fm.

• 14 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

josh

• 15 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Stuart no9 – But isn’t Pardew going to come good?

• 16 toon kk // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

What the hell is going on at Newcastle. Has Carr been made redundant? All our Targets, what targets? What a badly run club. Everything left to the last minute due to not wanting to pay. I’m not sure if anyone will come in, just hope we don’t get to many injuries or we’ll really struggle again.

• 17 josh // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I’ll be off to macro for an industrial sized box of tampons then. Don’t say I never do anything for ya.

• 18 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM

josh

I’ll make a deal with you, when Pardew gets us wining games and playing decent football we’ll all stop bitching and moaning about him……………….but until them he’s public enemy No#1 :D

• 19 Themesh // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM

cheers for the info JToon21

• 20 josh // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I just get bored of the same old shit to be honest. Nothing the fans say will make a difference.

• 21 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

JDDubai – De Jong would keep the ball better than Jonas with a punctured lung, get him signed.

Stuart – I feel your pain, have watched Pardews sides play shite since he arrived barring a couple of exceptions, Chelsea last year (new signings hadn’t been Pardewed yet) and the Stoke home game the year before when he played a three in midfield and pushed Cabaye forward, hasn’t happened since (bizarre).

I have to say I have also tried to take a vow of disinterest, however I just cant, it hurts so much man, I have never felt worse about this club I love.

I am being betrayed, not just by Ashley, Pardew, etc, but also the silent fans who are letting performances such as the Liverpool home game go off without any sort of protest, pathetic.

• 22 USAGEORDIE // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Vossen at SS would be nice. I also like Matias Suarez.

• 23 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, hope you are all well.

To be honest, we’re never going to not talk about Pardew, he’s the manager, and an incredibly divisive one at that, so it’s to be expected that people will share their opinions on him.

If we made Pardew and Ashley taboo subjects, I really think we’d have nothing to talk about.

Btw Dok, when you moving next door to me lad? I’ve the rocking chair on the porch for you buddy! haha

• 24 jazzyp // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM

JB
    im the same-over 300 mile round trip. Rather than going up every home game like I have done for the last 17 year, I will just pick and choose my games from now on in as many will.
    Last season I have never seen so much discontent in the stands, but the biggest thing I noticed was the noise level we are renowned for has died as well.
    Under this regime we are dying a slow and painfull death while being left behind to be a mid table PL team at best.

• 25 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Graham Souness and Glenn Roeder would have this team in the top eight, I even believe daft Joe would do better as manager. I say Sack Pardew and put Joe in charge.

Could our performances be anymore insepid.

• 26 Toon1978 // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Looks a canny striker that Vossen but don’t they all o You tube hahahaha. Any bugger will do imo. Looks like the Gomis deal is dead and it has went on Sinclair and Ince :( Fingers crossed for some news very soon.

• 27 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Check

I don’t like Pardew either, but let’s not be ridiculous.

• 28 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Ruddy – any change currently, can only be positive. Kinnear and Harford dream team. :)

• 29 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Jazzyp…I think one of two issues we are experiencing is that Carr and Pardew do not see eye to eye when it comes to football players. Now I do prefer those Carr scouts to those Pardew want us to sign, but since Pardew is our manage and he picks the style and formation, then in all honesty we need players that into that concept.

Secondly I think the whole JK as DoF has set us back and we are back to scratch; hence the reason why we cannot seem to sign a forward or any other player for that matter.

A reader with a quick eye would probably point out to me that not being able to sign a forward is nothing new :D lol

• 30 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

*You mean Graeme Souness?

• 31 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Souness, Dogleash and Pardew are all the same, they all believe that they are top class managers but in fact they have all taken us backwards and their self belief is seriously misplaced

• 32 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Check

Well you’re entitled to your opinion lad but personally that’s no dream team, it’d be my nightmare team! haha

It’s all about Ashley in my opinion, with a proper owner we wouldn’t be in this mess.

• 33 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Jack
    Where ya living pal?

• 34 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Siem de Jong has a collapsed lung!

…so we can rule him out

• 35 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

scout

South Wales mate, just outside Cardiff

• 36 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Jesper – the better solution is get a manager in who can get his team to play decent attacking football, that’s the solution.

And the Greame Sourness thing was just a half hearted dig at Percy, I wasn’t serious.

• 37 stuart no9 // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

check @ 15——–
    Stuart no9 – But isn’t Pardew going to come good?——-from what i have seen – no– and to be honest paying 950 quid over the season to find out, is not something i could really afford .

• 38 jazzyp // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Evening jesper
    We can all be as proud as we want to being a Toon fan but I just don’t get the way we are being run.
    We have one of the most respected scouts in Europe and has found some cracking players-yet we have a manager that is inept at playing the players to there full potential.
    Every home game last season you here the same comments week in week out. Forty nine thousand Geordies cant be wrong mate can they !!

• 39 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Ruddy…still a mess I might add, but definitely not like this :(

…watching us play is a mess of it’s own Ashley or no Ashley lol

• 40 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I see mate I’m down on the south coast, heading back up for York races next week and hopefully the west ham game with my dad

• 41 JP...from The Rock // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

The Pardew bashing in pre-season is pointless. Let’s see what the hell he does in this season with our team and then we can all moan together.

Our club is slowly becoming a bore on and off the pitch. That is what worries me the most. These days when I look at our matches it’s so frustrating to watch it’s not fun anymore. This is down to Pardew. If this season I see the same crap then I would be one of the loudest complainers as I see our club standing still and doing nothing to change that.

We need firepower and creativity from wingers (something we don’t have) and a defender to bed in the team that can eventually take our captains place in the team. when he leaves.

I would be very happy if we got Tom Ince and Sinclair but I can’t see that happening sadly.

Now that the Gomis deal looks dead after such painfully slow negotiations who knows who and if we bring someone else in before September 1st :(

• 42 jazzyp // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

JB
    We holiday near there every year-Trecco bay carmarthan

• 43 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Jesper

Well look at the man who appointed him. Look at the man who refused to back him when we had a bit of momentum, and look at the man who is undermining him right now.

It doesn’t need to be like this, and that, in my opinion, is down to Ashley.

• 44 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

scout

The good thing this season is that I should get two free days out when we play Cardiff and Swansea

• 45 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Jazzup…they sure can’t mate :(

I agree with all the way! But I do find it a problem that we have a scout that find these gems and we have a manager who seems to be inept to use them?

• 46 alkinou // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM

A Belgian reader’s point of view :

He’s a good striker who can finish pretty well not the fastest but respectable, he probably won’t create that much chances out of nothing but I’d think he could do a decent enough job for us.
    I’ve only ever seen him play in the Jupiler Pro League (Belgian premier league) so hard to tell if he’ll make it in the EPL, but he has been alright in some tough international matches.

• 47 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Josh

… Nothing the fans say will make a difference.

Not true, a stadium full of booing fans turning on the manager and board will eventually win, although it can lead to a very toxic unpleasant environment.

• 48 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Biggest TV deal in the history of the PL upwards of £60 million, and we bring in one player on loan. Total joke.

• 49 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Ruddy…the money is probably wasted on Pardew anyway ;) lol

• 50 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I would prefer a striker who is able to create goals or goal opportunities on his own though (if that Vossen falla cannot do that then I say next please :))

• 51 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Jesper

He’ll never get the best from them that’s true, but if Pardew is sacked, you can bet your bottom dollar that Ashley will replace him with someone equally, if not more, mediocre.

• 52 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Nice one Jack, doesn’t it get your back up that Swansea and Cardiff are buying 10 million + players????
    It would seriously do my nut knowing the locals were ripping it day in day out

• 53 stuart no9 // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM

check @21 — dont get me wrong, on match days i will still be in the pub with me top on , watching on sky or the dodgy channels shouting my head off and coming out with my voice gone for a couple of days, but , are they really worth paying all that money for a top seat now ? i dont think so. if things change – owner or manager , and we improve i will be the 1st one to stump up 50 quid a game .

• 54 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM

scout

I’m stuck smack bang in between Cardiff and Swansea so I get abuse from all angles, (althought there are more Man Utd and Liverpool fans down here for some unknown reason) but when you see clubs that have 40,000 less fans through the gate every game showing more ambition than us it really rankles with me.

We are the Pound Stretcher of the Premier League under Ashley

• 55 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Check…I agree having a manager and a scout who are on the same page when it comes to players, ability, style of play and philosophy is a most. Without a doubt.

That said so is having a owner who deserve to own Newcastle and who will back it when needed!

I don’t want to be someones advertisment column!

• 56 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM

JB…do you follow either of Cardiff or Swansea?

• 57 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Anyway lads, I’ve a blinding sore head, and thinking about Pardew/Ashley is making it worse so I think I will just bow out for this evening, they have well and truly broken me :(

Adios chaps

• 58 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Carr and Pardew don’t get along and is it any wonder when Carr gives him quality players who love to move the ball quickly and are very technical and Pardew has them playing 1970′s football

• 59 guvnor // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Signings are on the way. Hernandez and ince

• 60 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM

All this Belgian striker guff from one tweet at a railway station … he was probably just going home.

• 61 Indian Magpie // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Have NUFC spentt 35 Million Net since Carroll was sold? Don’t think so.

• 62 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

jesper

Always had a soft spot for Swansea mate as they’ve are a well run club and have always demanded their teams play good football……but always want us to smash them when we play them :D

• 63 JP...from The Rock // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I really don’t understand why we don’t ever go for a world class manager? In all the years I watched us we’ve been through loads of managers but only one could be seen as World Class and I should even have to mention it but obviously that man was The Great Sir Bobby Robson.

Look how quickly he transformed our team into a top 4 contender. The manager is the most important thing in a football team along with the players.

We seem to constantly disregard this signing as less of importance as to players, when in fact a good manager can make an average team into a very good one instilling belief and confidence.

A good manager also sees mistakes and fixes them without too much fuss. The sorry fact that in our last match we scored from a corner at last after almost 2 years without having been able to, is nothing short of pathetic.

This is down to the manager and what he does in training to improve on our weaknesses, something a good manager can do much more effectively.

I know I said bashing the manager now is pointless and it is, but I can’t help but think that Ashley and the rest before him never took the managerial role seriously. Not enough research has been done to find the right man for this very difficult job, managing NUFC.

Imagine what we would could do with this team if say Guardiola or Hiddink was managing them?

• 64 JP...from The Rock // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

**I shouldn’t even have to mention it

• 65 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Ruddy…I don’t know who ww will get, but this we have going with a Manager and a scout who don’t see eye to eye is destructive and then top this with a clueeless DoF.

…that’s dangerous stuff mate!

• 66 danielcherrie // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Hello all

First time posting… This is a brilliant blog, and Ed you do a fantastic job of putting out articles every day and it’s a great reed having all the comments to look through. (some better than others)

Think this season could be a good one, just have to hope Pardew goes 433 with Remy And Arfa imho.

Got to give Pardew a chance this season and get behind him,, stability is what we need, Fergie was not the best manager in the world in 3 seasons, remember that!

• 67 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

JB…I will probably we watching alot of Swansea this season mate the way our club is being run :(

…but then again I really do enjoy watching Swansea and they have Euro games as well. Should be great :)

• 68 Indian Magpie // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Albert Einstein said

Ego = 1/Knowledge.

More the knowledge, lesser the Ego.

It applies perfectly to pardew

• 69 Billythefish // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM

We are going nowhere with the muppets running the club, only person attached to Nufc who is happy is Ashley and his cronies, as fans we are being conned and its blatantly obvious.
    The owner, DOF, and manager take us for idiots and its getting beyond a joke, I can see the backlash coming in the next few months.
    Our whole club is a shambles from top to bottom. Cabaye will go and the same crap will be spouted to late in the window to act, Pardew is priming us for that exact statement come the end of the transfer window. Where has the excitement and anticipation gone? Do today what you done yesterday and you get the same results.

• 70 Indian Magpie // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Jack B

NUFC beating Swansea will be an upset in my opinion this season. Home or away.

• 71 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM

jesper

Only just about managed to get out of the Liberty Stadium in one piece when we played them last year. When Cisse scored his second of the game I went nuts, forgetting that I was in with the Swansea fans, I took some serious abuse for the last 20 minutes or so :D

• 72 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM

JB…that is why I would remove the guy who plays 1970s football :D lol

• 73 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM

JB…lol

…I know that feeling. Here in Denmark I have never supported the local team (one need to remember that when going to the stadium)

• 74 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM

To be fair Swansea have a Chairman who is an excellent businessman but also knows his football, but he still employs people around him who know even more about the game than he does whereas we only have businessmen with no knowledge of the game

• 75 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Ashley tried to roll a 6 by getting Shearer in to rescue us. He now needs a seven. It ain’t gonna happen. Sign some players and show some balls. He’s still got his christening money

• 76 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM

JB… we are screwed either way! lol

• 77 yo-yo // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Swans are a phoenix club too – they nearly went right under in 2004 I think – used to watch them at the Vetch

• 78 DevonToon // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Scout @ 40 if ur there weds have a sneaky punt on ruler of the world in the juddmonte or friday tickled pink in the nunthorpe stakes

• 79 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Let’s do a poll here (Ed, would you set this up if you think it’s a good idea?):

What is the first priority of this season:
    1. Buy players
    2. Sack Pardew
    3. Buy the club from Ashley
    4. Both 2 and 3

• 80 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM

jesper

It’s heart breaking mate, I’ve been a NUFC fan for over 30 years and have never seen us lift a trophy. I’m a Welsh man born and bread but I have never known passion like that which I’ve seen at St James Park.

If we ever win anything I swear the noise will hbe eard around the world

• 81 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM

We are the Phoenix club, from Phoenix nights we have kenny senior in charge

• 82 sparky55 // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM

it’s all about the manager….ashley has funded the re-building of the squad and we now have an excellent squad that can challenge…the problem is we have the worst manager in the top two divisions because at the end of the day Pardew picks the squad and Pardew choses the tactics…name me one game last year when he did a good job at that

• 83 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Too cheap and completely ignorant about running a football club.
    This after over five years of owning the club.

Pardew and JFK … I mean really?
    The most important purchase/appointment is the manager.

• 84 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM

yo-yo

You are right mate, for a club that almost ceased to exist to where they are now is an amazing achievement, just goes to show what can be done with the right people in the right positions

• 85 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Thanks for that Devon
    Ill take a look, that tickled pink is Cecil’s isn’t it?

• 86 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

JB…so what’s your story being a Welch Geordie? :D

• 87 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

*Welsh

• 88 geordie157 // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I don’t we are looking at Vossen, pretty sure he’s been scouted by several premier league sides in the past but no-ones moved for him.

• 89 sparky55 // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM

PIZZICATO…

Sack Pardew
    Sack Pardew
    Sack Pardew
    Sack Pardew

• 90 jayphoto // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Doubt we’ve bid 8.5m for vossen! That’d be far too close to an amount Genk might accept…. Know nowt about the Belgian league, didn’t think it was that high standard but i guess some great players have come from there!

• 91 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM

jesper

My grand-dad served with two Geordies in World War Two and he took me up there when I was a kid to visit them, I spent the weekend up there and was taken to SJP and I always followed their results after that

• 92 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM

My mate saw a bloke in Iraq wearing a black and white toon shirt with Barnes on the back. Said he couldn’t stop laughing

• 93 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Nice story Jack, it’s crazy how things turn out.

• 94 jayphoto // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Just out of interest, how many toon residents have ever met Papiss Cisse to chat to? He’s really open and forthcoming about not getting on with Pardew in conversation! Fair play to the lad though hes very passionate about the club and city!

• 95 Sazzer // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Vossen look like a great finisher a bit like one-touch Michu. His goal-record is similar to Lukaku and Benteke in Jupiter League.

• 96 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM

JB…I always find it facinating to hear from fellow Newcastle supporters who haven’t been…how should I put it! been born into it so to speak :)

…as a foreigner the easy pick would be to support either Man Udt, Liverpool or Chelsea. Choosing Newcastle is not an easy pick, but as I usually say it’s not a choice it’s a lifestyle ;) lol

• 97 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM

scout

Yeah mate you’re right it’s crazy, wouldn’t change it for anything :D

• 98 yo-yo // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

JB

Its down to some dynamic directors . Not all down to the whim of one guy. I’m not sure of all the names but Dineen, Penny and Jenkins are involved there. The Supporters own 20% of the club too. I think the German model is much better. We would not be where we are now with a proper consortium and a goodly % of fan ownership.

• 99 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

If anyone remember an old poster called Sgt. Heagerty (a former US soldier)…well he had a similar story from his time in Iraq!

• 100 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM

jesper

You’re right mate, it would be far easier to follow teams like Man Utd etc, but this club, the people and everything about Newcastle get’s into your blood and you can’t do anything else other than get swept away with it all :D

• 101 Sazzer // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM

jayphoto
    No but I heard a lot of people say that.

• 102 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM

There’s loads of Newcastle fans down where I am, just as passionate as local fans. And despite what people say you can buy Newcastle shirts in sports direct here

• 103 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM

yo-yo…that is how I woud like it to be here as well ;)

• 104 low fell mag // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Hatem @ 47 I don’t think there is too many on this site actually go to St James park to voice their opinion.
    Do you go?

• 105 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Scout…where are you hiding?

• 106 sparky55 // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM

and Cisse is not alone and who can blame then for being made to play football the way Pardew makes them play

Players who hate Pardew i.e. good technical players….

Cisse
    Cabaye
    Anita
    Colocinni
    Krul

People who love him because he always gives them a game even when they don’t deserve it

Saylor
    Guti
    Tiote
    Santon

The rest just pick up their wages because what other type of players with any ambition would come to newcastle when the management have put in writing their hopes and dreams for the club being 10th

• 107 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM

yo-yo

Whereas we’ve had a retail owner and a casino owner making footballing decisions and seemingly doing it all themselves and not taking on the advice, experience of true footballing men.

The German model has worked very well for club like Dortmund etc and could work here if the right people were involved with it

• 108 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I’m expecting Swansea to beat Man Utd by 3 clear goals at the weekend.

• 109 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Kets

I think Moyes is in for a very hard time, the pressure he’s under is massive and I can’t see him getting the best out of those player the way that Fergie did

• 110 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Swansea vs. Man Utd as an opening game? Is it Saturday?

• 111 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Poor Papiss Cisse – remember the lad who turned up, full of beans, always trying always smiling, its been a long time since I seen that smile of Papa’s, Pardew has killed the lads enjoyment for the game, he used to be about getting chances and scoring goals, now he’s all about closing down defenders and tracking back.

Gutted for Papiss, I have to say he was dynamite but he has been destroyed by Percy. If he ever left and joined a team that created him chances he would score bag fulls.

Newcastle is currently a graveyard for footballers, why would they come, and why aren’t they leaving, the promises we made to them regards 5 year plans and CL football are now seen to be nothing more than a con trick.

Poor Vurnon Anita picked us because we ‘played’ good football, what a laugh. He was an ever present for Ajaz you know and a current dutch international, how his career has blossomed. pfffffttt, poor f#cker.

• 112 JackButler // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM

jesper

It’s the late game on Saturday 17:30 kick-off

Liverpool and Stoke are on early 12:30 kick-off

• 113 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Goring by sea,
    And I’m not an old man

• 114 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM

JB…I am definitely catching that one (not the Liverpool game ;) )

…we are playing monday I see!

• 115 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Scout…haha :) I wasn’t implying that either

…so where is that exactly?

• 116 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

low fell mag

No I no longer live in the area.

• 117 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Scout…is it Goring-on-Thames?

…well that is not by the sea now is it? hmm

• 118 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

It’s in worthing mate

• 119 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Scout…Okay I need my coffee :)

…you did wright Goring by Sea (I need to read it all before I type) lol

• 120 toonicle // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Good scoring record and not French for a change? Sign him up!

• 121 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

*write

• 122 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

jesperfuglsang

… he´s probably not a scout either.

• 123 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM

That’s alright pal lol
    Like I say some good lads down here, we normally meet up for the games on tv. It’s always a good laugh

• 124 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Well I see patience is wearing even thinner on here. It’s the same for me. Endless waiting for Joe to do something more. What about a decent winger and AMF Joe? If we can’t find a way to use Ben Arfa properly we’ll have real problems with the no. 10 position. He needs to be given confidence and responsibility in attack. He is by far our most versatile and creative player. Stop sticking him out on the wing and telling him to play in his own half as cover for the fullback Pardew. For god’s sake you said Ben Arfa was absolutely a first choice no. 10 when he came to us. So start playing him that way. Joe bring us a winger in asap so Ben Arfa can be moved to the middle behind the 2 strikers. It’s not rocket science.

• 125 DevonToon // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Scout, yea it is.. 9 runs 3 wins 3 seconds.. its actually lost to a couple who are in the nunthorpe.. goodwood latest it lost to moviesta ( who I backed :-) ). And it also lost to society rock at york. But I feel she quite progressive. Worth a squid or two like. Tickled pink is 12/1 and ruler of the world 7/1 @ hills atm

• 126 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I backed that beast as well had good form with body and soul I thought it was a great bet

• 127 welshgeordie9 // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I think swansea will beat man utd

• 128 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

7/1 for the derby winner, it can’t be bad mate. Al kazeem has had a bloody hard season at 10/11 I’d be against that

• 129 RonVanDam // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Fire Joe. Make Pardew DOF. Get in a progressive coach who can maximise the potential of the team and have us fighting for the top 6.

• 130 yo-yo // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I’d love Swans to beat Manure too !!
    Nothing like a few shocks first weekend of the season

• 131 low fell mag // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Hatem, .well stop encouraging people to go along and kicking up f’@ ck.
    If you want to moan before a ball has been kicked ,pay your money and voice your opinion.
    Instead of playing on fifa 13 or what ever you do ,try going to the game ‘@ support the team.
    You want Ashley to spend millions ,though you don’t put a penny into the club,
    Some how that doesn’t work out in my thinking .
    No doubt im going to get hammered ,but im right.

• 132 welshgeordie9 // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM

yo-yo

DId you say you have been to the vetch.

• 133 sparky55 // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

ronvandam

like your thinking m8…move pardew sideways so we don’t have to pay him off and bring in another manager…job sorted…fcukin genius mate…pure fcukin genius!!!

• 134 davis_toons // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Where is the “WOW” signing for this season? Remy? (wasn’t that consider a replacement)

• 135 Tommyy // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Everytime I see or hear Hughton, it gives me such a feeling of disappointment that Ashley treated him the way he did. Fantastic manager and an intelligent man, also an excellent and experienced coach. Miles ahead of Pardew for me.

• 136 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Still wondering about the status of Remy? How much longer until he’s fit? It will be interesting to see how Pardew uses him. I have this horrible nightmare where Pardew plays 4-4-2 with no supply to the 2 up front including Remy who stands with his hands on hips looking at the midfielders.

• 137 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Pardew will make some marks in his little notebook and then go to 4-5-1 for the second half. Shola up front by himself to terrorize defenses (everybody can laugh now except Pardew).

• 138 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM

low fell mag

I wondered if I was walking into a set up …
    My post at #47 is just a general observation, I had Blackburn in mind, no invitation to incite unrest …

.. guess you a just looking for a fight.
    Great that you still live in Low Fell a right sh!thole if I remember rightly

• 139 welshgeordie9 // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM

yo-yo

Did you say you have been to the vetch

• 140 sparky55 // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM

tommy…JFK is fcukin miles ahead of Pardew…that’s how fcukin sh!te he is

Everytime he opens his big fat cockney gob he makes me spit venom in anger…he’s a slimyey cockney b@st@rd who deserves to be penniless on a park bench just behind lambias’ casino

TW@T

• 141 Bucks mag // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the season hasn’t started yet?

• 142 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM

scout – gotta disagree, Al Kazeem is miles in front of Ruler of the world, I backed him in the derby but cant see him winning the Juddmonte, would be surprised if he lines up. Fancy Reckless Abandon to go well in the Nunthorpe, own a bit of horse myself, however it has been a little disappointing, Smoothtalkinrascal as an outsider as well, horse was badly drawn last time but is seriously quick, each way mind.

PARDEW OUT

• 143 DevonToon // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Got a soft spot for ruler like, backed him 1st run in a wee double, which won. Then had £20 when he won the derby , loved it cos I was telling everyone at work to get on him… no one listened and boom I was quids in! That horse is destined for great things imo

• 144 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Some more juicy comments from Joe:
    “I can pick up the phone anytime and talk to Sir Alex.”
    Yes Joe but he always hangs up as soon as he hears your voice.
    “I’m trying to show Graham how to do his job properly. That’s why I’m off to Belgium for a bit of a look around.”
    Could you possibly stay over there for the season Joe?” The chocolate is good and some excellent selection in beer. If not, when you come back could you please focus on your own job? I know it’s a lot to ask but some of us think 1 loan player may not be enough.

• 145 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM

sparky – I agree. JFK is better than Pardew. He’s still a nightmare though.

• 146 low fell mag // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Hatem ,not wanting a fight, just pointing out a few home truths.

• 147 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I’m waiting for Pardew to field a team entirely composed of midfielders (except possibly in goal). Fall back into our own half and cling on for a 0-0 draw. And that’s at home!

• 148 sparky55 // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM

GEORDIE 2…you missed the liverpool and Reading games then!

• 149 yo-yo // Aug 12, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Welsh

Yes and I remember seeing Wales play there too – some qualifier but they usually played at Ninian Park at that time. Saw Italy, Russia and a few other sides when I was younger and still living in Wales.. (born a Geordie of Welsh parents moved back when I was 2)

• 150 yo-yo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Anybody know how good this Gary Medel is Cardiff have signed ?

• 151 Patoon // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Can honestly c city beat us by 4 or 5, or defence is a joke, our midfield is poor, we don’t create chances for cisse, our manager is shite and this time next week we’re fcuked, is this signing no players all part of trying 2 force Pardew out, i stil say under the rite manager and keeping all of our players with remy signed on loan we hav a squad 2 compete for top 7, with Pardew we’re going down

• 152 DevonToon // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Check – ay cant argue Al kazeem is a good horse, ruler is 2yrs younger and the only thing Al has on ruler is experience. Al wasnt as good as ruler, as a 3yr old. If the grounds firm it wont run anyway…

• 153 Dannyo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Are some of you actually talking about Kinnear and how he’s better than Pardew?
    Hahahahaha! What a sorry bunch. Really? That is a discussion now? Talk about making a storm in a glass of water.

• 154 SeanNufc87 // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Theres a pathetic amount of over the top hatred of pardew today

• 155 fatfrank // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Unless Ashley splashes the cash Pardew will have to use what he has at his disposal.

How about this for home games as a 3 – 5 – 2?

Krul

Taylor Colo Mbiwa

Debuchy Tiote Siossoko Santon

Cabaye/HBA

Remy Cisse

Play 3 at the back and they can cover the wing backs when needed.

Tiote as the brick wall, Sissoko as box to box, and either HBA or Cabaye in the whole behind the front 2.

Goals galore in that team, but has Pardew got the bottle?

• 156 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I think the discussing most of us had was that both Pardew, JK and Ashley were a Joke ;-)

• 157 Ben3arfa // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Kinnear can go to hell .

Even though Pardew can be totally inept as a manager, Kinnear is an expired piece of trash that needs to stay away from football.

• 158 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM

No I saw those as well sparky55 @146. And that amazing display at home against Sunderland. It all proves what a defensive genius Pardew is. That’s why we spent 4 of every 5 training days solely on defense last season. See how well it paid off? And that goal difference. What a corker that was mate!

• 159 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I’m afraid ill probably go for shea Shea in the nunthorpe dropped back to 5f. If he runs his race (which he hasn’t as yet) it will hose up.
    A galloping track if he’s out infront he won’t be coming back to the field, although ill never forget sole power beating star spangled banner at 100/1. A star was born that day, the ground was like the a1

• 160 SeanNufc87 // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Fat frank

I like it but I dont think we have enough cover for it.

• 161 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM

We need to work on keeping the ball this season. We can’t even do the basics. SBR made players like Stephen glass look decent.

• 162 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM

My ideal start for the home season would be Ashley on Kinnear’s back, both riding Pardew across the pitch. All naked of course. Ashley should start with the riding crop but switch over to Joe half way.

• 163 Belfast // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM

They’re both rubbish.

It’s like having to choose what sexually transmitted infection you want.

• 164 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM

fat frank – nice team, never gunna happen though, no Jonas……….

Scout – could be spot on there with Shea Shea, should have won at Ascot eh, think York should suit and will probably win big race.

PARDEWS PATHETIC

• 165 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Anything in the bottom 8 or so and I would hope Pardew be gone. In fact lower than 12th by November and I hope he’s gone.

• 166 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

In fact if we’re in the point per game range by October I hope he’s gone.

• 167 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM

In fact if someone hasn’t taken his little pencil and notepad from him and shoved it where the sun doesn’t shine by late September I’ll be mildly surprised and disappointed.

• 168 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Belfast – nice analogy.

• 169 scout // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Check
    Thanks for that gives me a boost knowing someone shares the same opinion. It must have settled in now, he’s been over 2 months. Surely nailed on for a place. He held it up last time out, he’s gonna let it bowl along at York. Can’t wait

• 170 roe997 // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM

A little off topic but i just have to get this off me chest… i use newsnow to get all latest news regarding nufc.but theres a blog called newcastle mad.its full of late over hyped lying headline bullshit with a major twist on the truth with a bad distorted view on newcastle issues witch come from the writer of the blog. Im sick of sites like this with a massive amount of negativity and truth twisting which i can see have a bad affect.now its not just that site but howay man ffs,this negativity is just doing my head in.reading the comments through out blogs and its like being stuck ground hog day.now lets keep ourselves upbeat eh,this is the best blog out there by far with some of the best posters and fans i know.so please lets stop posting shite like sack pardew over and over again. We all know he aint going no where and its not as if mike reads these blogs or listens to fans.lets keep a positive attitude for the start of season.

• 171 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I’m very upbeat as I long as I get to see Mike riding Joe, on top of Alan roe997. And heavy use of the riding crop of course. Our version of the 3 amigos being the 3 donkeys.

• 172 Patoon // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Against City we wil need 2 crowd out the midfield and stop them from keeping the ball and playing a passing game, for a change i would agree with playing 1 up front, all we can hope for in the game surely is a point, my team for the City game would b

—————————-KRUL—————————
    SANTON COLO YANGA MBIWA DUMMET
    ————–SISSOKO TIOTE JONAS—————-
    —–CABAYE—————————–BEN ARFA
    —————————-CISSE—————————

Jonas purely for work rate and in the center rather than on the wing cos he isn’t a winger and i think we all know he’s gonna start anyway

• 173 damma99 // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Why should this season be any better than last season.
    Spent nowt got rid of two decent players in Simpson and Perch and not replaced. A tight arsed owner with no ambition. A crap manager, Joke Kinnear. A few injuries and we will be back in the shit. Going down.
    We just cant compete with the elite clubs any more, Norwich, Cardiff, Southampton.
    Ashley piss off now.

• 174 check the toastie // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM

roe – is it so negative because its so shite currently, or because people are unreasonable. Personally it is the former for me.

Didn’t mind when we struggled along under Hughton as it was what it was, however currently we are just underachieving on the field big time.

Scout – gonna have a decent bet on Shea Shea myself, fingers crossed eh.

• 175 SeanNufc87 // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Roe

I know! The guy’s a fekin idiot. If he allowed you to comment id imagine he would get a lot of stick.

• 176 SeanNufc87 // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Roe

Also select the website on news now and click hide publication to get rid of it completely.

• 177 roe997 // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Damma99 mate i know that,everyone does.the same tpye of posts are repeated day after day and its only adding fuel to the depressing fire. I myself will hold out until deadline day,and see how the squad plays its first few games. Ps simpson and perch werent that good mate.

• 178 sparky55 // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

you think it’s negative now???just wait til cabs and cisse fccuk off next wek

• 179 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I think the Man City game will be the time Pardew will unleash his revolutionary new 7-1-1-1 formation. The front man will be Shola of course. He can run rings around any 3 City defenders. Behind him the equally speedy Jonas, who will rip the City midfield apart. Behind him the brute force of Cabaye. Behind him, as many players as we can sneak onto the field but probably only 7 defenders and a keeper. It will be amazing. The pencil will be flying on the sidelines.

• 180 t00ntime // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Wow people still ranting about AP ‘ruining’ us.
    Give the guy a chance to prove he is changing the game plan….

• 181 Ben3arfa // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Mark Douglas has just come out and denied any interest in Jelle Vossen. Even said there is “nothing close”

Suppose one little rumour got all all excited afterall. f you Kinnear

• 182 jayphoto // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Yo-yo – Medel is pretty decent! Bit like a better version of clarence acuna! Frickin mental though! He’ll be top of the charts for cards and suspensions id bet my house on it! Hes the kinda player his own supporters will love but opposition fans will hate! Really surprised Cardiff got him! Waiting for pardew to say we can’t compete with the likes of Cardiff for players…..

• 183 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Doesn’t The Three Donkeys have a lovely ring to it though? Ah the sweet bray of success.

• 184 low fell mag // Aug 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Roe997
    Spot on ,ive had enough of this shite.
    Im a bloke of 52 who has supported Newcastle as long as I can remember and have been a season ticket for many of those years.
    There has been more downs than ups , but that’s Newcastle for you.
    I could write a book on shit managers ,shit players, shit chairman.
    To keep it short this club is in the premier division and is in decent hands.in this mad crazy financial state of affairs.
    So please stop all this negative crap before a ball has been kicked.
    I will always turn out and support my team ,unlike a lot of w@ nkers on here!

• 185 lesh // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:05 PM

sweendog // Aug 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

You could be right y’know. Kinnear’s on to his B list and Batshuayi begins with a …. Crikey, he’s got the rest of the alphabet to go yet. Let’s hope he remembers he’s only got three weeks left of the window!

Roe. The sooner these mindless ‘Pardew out’ idiots change their record the better for all of us. It’s tedious, and that’s being polite!

• 186 BuckLuck // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM

t00ntime

That’s because Pardew IS ruining us. Until he’s sacked I think most of the posters will hate him as manager, me included.

• 187 Novocastrian66 // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Newcastle mad is a disgrace. There is a difference between raising genuine concerns and stirring the shit. I sometimes believe it is not run by Newcastle United supporters.

• 188 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I can only speak for myself. (I’m not a ventriloquist after all) when I say I feel very upbeat about the new season. Mike has lost weight, Alan has given up on his strange facial hair experiments (I think), and Joe busies himself phoning Sir Alex over and over again. I see smooth sailing ahead.

• 189 valle // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Novocastrian66… I agree, I stay away from that site as well.

• 190 SeanNufc87 // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Geordie two

Ill have you know trampy pardew did better than clean shaven pardew.

• 191 damma99 // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I know Perch and Simpson were not world beaters, but decent squad players. My point is they are letting players go and not replacing them. The squad was paper thin last season. Lets hope I am proved wrong but I dought it

• 192 SeanNufc87 // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM

In regards to Newcastle mad, how can anyone find a club so loathsome and still profess to support them?

• 193 stan anderson // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:14 PM

You have to realise that as long as you buy your tickets out of loyalty to our club.the cockney fatman will take your money and laugh at you.Would you buy a Ford for the same price as a Merc and be happy.This is what you do when you buy your tickets to watch the present set up we have.I have watched the Toon since 1958 and i,ve finally seen the light.Were being shafted by these B—–ds.

• 194 lesh // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Hatem’s better than Messi // Aug 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM @46

Get a grip, get a life man. Why not turn your anger on getting rid of poverty, racism, a d the divisiveness that we are living in.

In the grand plan of things, Alan Pardew should be the least of any sane person’s worries.

Open your eyes, you might be surprised at what you see.

• 195 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM

And finally I have to say I for one am fed up with the small remaining amount of positivity on this blog. That’s right, fed up. Well, possibly just a little disappointed and anxious. In fact it’s got me quite worried. After all the work most of us have done on here people still have the nerve to come on and act all optimistic and such. I’m really quite upset at this point. Well, more like somewhat upset and a little surprised and hurt just a bit. My feelings that is. Yes I do have feelings and they’re hurt. There it is then. I’ve said it and I’m sticking to it. Well ….. most of it anyway.

• 196 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Vydra is said to be PL bound this season.

…Udinese is said to be ready to part and Vydra wants to come; Would he be worth the gamble or will he cost too much?

• 197 gaz 44 // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Vydra will be Mackem bound like every other young Italian lol

• 198 Jamesthefirst // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Pardew lost 9 games out of 11 playing the worst hoof ball I have ever seen from a Newcastle team, and he wasn’t sacked.

Instead Ashley went out and bought him 5 more players.

Pardew is unsackable. Ashley wants him to walk which he never will on the contract he is on.

Outcome:

Once Rangers are back in the SPL Ashley will sell us to the first bidder to get rid of us. They will then sack Pardew.

We are in for 2 more years of this.

• 199 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Gaz…Vydra is not Italian, but speaking of Itaian players, I am going to be watching Manolo Gabbiadini this season for sure :)

…think he’ll set the Serie A alight this season for Sampdoria!

• 200 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM

And even more finally, I say to those remaining positivists “don’t come crying to me when things get even more bleak. You all had your chance to turn negative with the rest of us and you didn’t do it. What are your excuses then, eh? Come on let’s hear them. Oh you just couldn’t be bothered getting negative is that it? Just too bloody lazy. Typical. Just bloody typical.”

• 201 lesh // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Jamesthefirst

Ashley will buy into Rangers before the get back into the SPL.

And, if supporting your team’s getting too much for you, why not take your support to ManU or Liverpool or another ‘big’ club with a loyal fan base!

• 202 t00ntime // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

@buckluck he is ruining us yet exactly 12months ago he was a hero and got us back to europe etc etc. whats to say in 12months time we wont be like that again? No point on going on and on aaaand on about AP being useless because MA has decided to keep him and set a target of ATLEAST 10th. Also people just keep coming with the same comments day, after day after day. We get it.
    jonas plays too often,
    sissoko isnt a RW
    You’d rather see hba in the hole
    4-2-3-1 isnt the right formation
    We wont sign anyone
    We will lose everyone to injuries
    Etc. either come up with something new or stop going on about the stuff everyone has heard a million times.

@damma yes paper thin, yet with 30 players we actually had the joined biggest squad… We dont need as biga squad as last year, we are playing like 15less games. With 1 game a week unless theres injuries we will probably play the same 11 every week. 2players per postion and then 1 who can fill in is more than enough
    Gk: krul, elliot
    LB: santon, Haidara, dummet, mbiwa
    CB: mbiwa, colo, Staylor, williamson
    RB: debuchy, santon, Anita, Rtaylor (if ever back)
    LM: jonas, marv, sammy, remy
    CM: tiote, Sissoko, cabaye, anita, jonas, vuckic, gosling
    RM: hba, sammy (obertan)
    ST: cisse, remy, shola, campbell

In that list only thing we really need is an understudy for Hba (might be missing a RW’er?). Depending on which formation a ST would be nice too. The rest would be a bonus but not 100% needed imo.

• 203 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Now don’t all you flim flam positivists get back to me all at once. I’m a patient man…….. I can wait……… I once waited for an incredibly long time……Five minutes it was I believe……No! Wait! It was even more than that…..Well, you’ll see.

• 204 Jamesthefirst // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Sunderland have just taken their summer spending to £30 million.

We have signed one player on loan.

• 205 Bearsize // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I hate how pards says that during international week no one does transfers! There seems to be an excuse every week now. MA is stealing our transfer money to pay back the imaginary debt he paid off. Look at arsenal, wenger hasnt spent much as they are paying off the stadium, but he always pretends he is going too. Gomis deal has stalled conveniently. There is money there and they wont spend it. MA also claimed he wanted to model the toon on arsenals business model. Just a passing thought guys
    Shola is toilet

• 206 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Lesh…I don’t think Ashley is allowed to own more of Rangers as long as he owns a EP team as well!

…he can glady f@ck off if you ask mw :) I would even drive him there lol

• 207 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM

*me

• 208 Bearsize // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Oh i just watched the new breaking bad episode! Awesome!!

• 209 Pokat // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Im sure the players and staff at nufc have a giggle or two scrolling through the blogs, I know I would. I m also sure they take he middle ground as being about the right perception of the club to take. MA is a businessman but a passionate fan he is not. With limited knowledge he’s hired who he thought we could get by with until he moved on to pastures new. I am sure he takes a philosophical view on all opinions, no matter how stupid they are. So its ok to be his biggest bud or hate him for stealing the soul of our club, I dont think he minds. And if we didnt keep talking about the same old stuff, we wouldn’t talk. So either join in and take your lumps, or go away, I say.

By the way, Kinnear was only on the train as he is off to Alton Towers. And I just met Alan Pardew in the Spar picking up a packet of Smash, so no transfers completed today.

• 210 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Bearsize…the debt is not imagiary!

…it is just as real as the one you have to the bank or any building society

• 211 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM

*imaginary

• 212 t00ntime // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:40 PM

@jamesthefirst now look at the players they have signed.
    thier best 2 players are a ST who has had 1 good season (also been in the bpl before and scored 1 in 20)
    and an italian that was just never good enough, an attacking midfielder who scored 4 in 40 in the best team in an avg league. also 12 apps and 28years old…

in other words they spent 30mil on sh1t and will fire pdc before the end of the season and then sign a whole new team next year…

• 213 stan anderson // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

They used to say we would turn up to watch black/white shirts drying on a clothes line.So true,but that is our weakness is it not.

• 214 Bearsize // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Jesp
    Lol i still cant get over the fact he found 100 million hidden debt that wasnt noticed when he took over. These are clever business men. Something fishy has went on and is going on at our club. Something isnt right! Cooking the books maybe? It just stinks mate

• 215 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Last year Novo Nordisk was named as the most sustainable company in the world with a profit og DKK 42 billions this year, and company has turned out huge profits ever since they hired Lars Rebien Sørensen as CEO.

That is what you get for hiring someone who knows what he is doing and is passionated about it. Take notice Mike Ashley ;)

• 216 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

*and he probably wasn’t cheap ;)

• 217 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Well….. what have you positivists got to say for yourself then? “oh isn’t it a nice day?” “don’t I look lovely in my new frock?” Is that it? Here we are on here, trying to discuss seriously negative things and you come on here with that bollocks. Well it’s not good enough. You’ve got to do a bloody sight better than that if you’re going to cheer us up….. I mean it. Let’s hear some bloody serious positive stuff on here right f**king now.

• 218 BuckLuck // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM

t00ntime

He wasn’t my hero after we finished 5th. I wasn’t as hostile as I am now, but i could allready then see that we didn’t dominate matches we should dominate. For me football is entertainment. I have been far from entertained in general.

For me it’s just lack of a strong football philosophy. He could play Jonas as a CB if that works as long as the team play football and not sitting back, hoof and hope for the best.

And yes. We are stuck with Pardew because our owner have made some really bad decisions, and because Ashley won’t splash out cash we are even more in need for a manager with a strong philosophy. A philosophy the players buy. This is not it I’m afraid.

I hope I’m dead wrong and that Pardew suddenly becomes Brendan Rodgers after the secret firendly. I will come back to you then and say I’m sorry.

• 219 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Bearsize…that’s what happens when you are cocky and don’t do due diligence ;) lol

…I honestly think he bought the club thinking the financial times would keep growing and that he would make a quick buck!

• 220 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Maybe we should apply Mike Ashley for debt reduction :D lol

• 221 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM

*a £130M of debt reduction and say we are even for all that crap he has pulled at NUFC!

• 222 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Well that’s that sorted then. Not even so much as a “oooh I have a lovely new tie clip” from the positivists. When you challenge them, they just feck off don’t they? Yes they do. Point proven. Now let’s move on to some even more gloomy sh*t.

• 223 investinyouthtoon // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I totally agree with a much earlier post, when I say that supporting the toon is now a chore and not a fun way to spend an afternoon.

On a different note, what with names being banded around left right and centre, ill throw a name in the mix (though only after watching the german league highlights) maybe Adrián Ramos would be a decent shout, but he is 27, and would command a fee of more than 50 quid and a couple of lagers, so not much chance then….

• 224 Bearsize // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Heres something positive,
    The toon are mint and will win a trophy this year. Especially if pards sticks to his guns and plays the same formation with the same personnel. His coaches ooze brilliance and will get our boys pumping with pure beast coming out of their pores! Jonas will get 10 goals and 5 assists, shola will get that contract and send the makems packing and cisse will get 40 worldys we know he can score! Oh and we’ll win the league! And it was all down to jfk being appointed

• 225 Bearsize // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Jesp

I just hope he is taking as much out the club as possible to pay back some of the debt before he sells up and buys rangers outright, once they get back in the SPL. CL footie every year will look better with SD signs ;)

• 226 jimmysmith // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Pardew will need to get this team performing or he will be gone at or before the end of the season, it seems to me, not to be replaced by Joe but by someone reasonably cheap that Ash might come good, in the same way he hopes Pards still might. Ash is thrifty not a tight arse, but I’m afraid he hasn’t got the hang of this running a football club successfully on a tight budget stuff and may never. I think you need a wealth of both football and business acumen and well time to devote it it to succeed, and he’s well short of the mark on two of those counts certainly.

• 227 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Bearsize…me to mate! me to :D

• 228 GeordieTwo // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Well I’m exhausted single handedly fighting all the positivists on here. It’s the kind of thing you can’t let slide past though or soon enough we’re all saying “have a wonderful day” and such to each other. I’m not having that on here. I mean it all you closet positivists. Don’t even think about it. I’ll be watching.

• 229 jimmysmith // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Oh boy, yet another post sabotaged by autocorrect and the teeny key pad and tiny comments box on my otherwise excellent mini iPad. Just another one of many little frustrations in my life that blow chunks.

• 230 Toon Tang // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM

free the GeordieTwo

• 231 Toon Tang // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM

along with the WeatherfieldOne

• 232 Yohan Kebab // Aug 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM

L’Equipe lead tomorrow w/ ‘PSG want Cabaye’ and suggest that Leonardo had been in talks with the player before he quit the club. #NUFC #PSG

• 233 pawl250 // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Jamesthefirst

I signed on tonight for you, and you alone.

“Sunderland have taken their spending to 30million?”

WHAT A LOAD OF GARBAGE!

El Hadj Ba 380k
    Karlsson 1.5m
    Jozy Altidore 8.5m
    Giaccherini 6.5m
    Mannone 2m
    Diakite FREE
    Cabral FREE
    Roberge FREE
    Duncan Whatmore “Undisclosed”
    Celustka Loan

So if my math is correct that is 19m, just under so for your statement to be even remotely correct Whatmore needs to have been purchased for 11m+ WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH!

What makes your comment even more ridiculous is the fact Sunderland have offloaded the following

Mignolet 10m
    Elmohamady 2m
    Mclean 1.5m
    Bramble FREE
    Kilgallon FREE

Which brings an income of £13.5m

Therefore they have a net spend of approx 5.5m!

WHILST still looking to offload Bardsley, Cattermole, Vaughan.

AND losing their 2nd best player last year Rose, when he had to return to Spurs from a loan spell.

SO your point is what exactly? By spending “30m” they have improved their team? Have a better squad than ours?! Have a bigger squad than ours?!

You clearly do not have a clue mate, try reading before posting utter tripe. Its newspaper worthy!

• 234 Toon Tang // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:05 AM

riders on the storm.

thats what us toon fans are. just riding the storm nicely. our jim had us toon fans in mind with some of those poetic pearls of wisdom.

• 235 pawl250 // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Just to clarify they have also lost their best player of last season, Mignolet.

How can this kid even come out with a statement that Sunderland have spent 30m….. INSANE!

Plus they did not go out and spend 18m in Jan! Think they bought Graham for 5m…. who has went on LOAN this year!! I mean FFS they have an incredibly weak, small squad.

Is he obsessed much?!

Just for the record I know most of my information because as stated numerous times I work in an office full of Mackems, you tend to here everything related to Sunderland unfortunately.

• 236 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Have we been linked to Zakaria Bakkali from PSV? Rumors have it JK is watching him (he is Belgian)

• 237 lesh // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Yohan Kebab

Who am Leonardo? Da Vinci?

• 238 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Lesh…no! it’s that green turtle ;)

• 239 cjtoon // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM

jesper

I really hope we are looking at him, undoubtedly going to be hot property by the end of the season. did you see his hat-trick?

• 240 cjtoon // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM

if anyone hasn’t seen it:

• 241 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Cjtoon…he would definitely gives us some goals from the distance :)

…one for the future (but it’s probably just rumours)

• 242 cjtoon // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

there are some great prospects at PSV locadia looks good too. Memphis depay, Wijnaldum, willems the list goes on…

There are some really good players dotted around Europe im surprised we haven’t looked at imoh ezekiel looks great in belgium, massimo Bruno too.

• 243 Yohan Kebab // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM

that bakkali is a sick player

• 244 cjtoon // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM

not bad for 17 like

• 245 Yohan Kebab // Aug 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

cjtoon

shines some realism on our youngsters really, barely hitting that level in early 20s

• 246 GeordieRob // Aug 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Here’s a stupid thought, let’s talk about tactics and the difference between 11/12 and 12/13.

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uucjvstiavw

Look at the way Cisse scored his goals in the first year. Goals 1, 3, 4, 5, possibly 6, 10 & 12 were scored by stretching the defence in wide areas and then putting in quick accurate and mostly low crosses to his feet. Of the others 8, 9 & 11 were through balls slid into his feet. After that you’ve got a couple of scrappy goals and a worldy, but not one hoof.

What changed in 12/13? Mostly, I think it was a change from counter attacking at speed to (and this will probably piss people off) an attempt to pass and move possession style with slow, patient build up a la Swansea. In the earlier games, we had so much ball and didn’t do much with it. Then what happened. Well, the midfielders got closed down and they passed backwards to keep possession. Eventually, the ball goes back to Krul and, with no other options available, he kicks the crap out of it. We stopped stretching defences to wide areas thinking we could pass our way through, but we weren’t good enough at passing consistently accurately and gave the ball away. We took the easier option and passed sideways and backwards. Also, our midfield weren’t fit enough to create space and break away from their man markers.

Then look a Cisse’s goals in 12/13. Everton, Soton were from hoofs; Fulham and Stoke were balls coming straight up the pitch, and WBrom is a deflection off his arse. What happened to the crosses? There was only 1, from Fergie at ManU. 1 threaded through ball against AV.

It doesn’t matter what formation we play or the personnel we use. If we don’t learn how to stretch defences and force poor decisions from opposition defenders, we won’t win. Either do it by counter attacking to wide areas at speed (my preferred option) or get far better at neat short passing and creating space in congested areas. Fix the process and the results will take care of themselves.

• 247 toon22 // Aug 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Is there some way that post from Geordierob can be sent to AP?

Cleverest thing ive read on here in the short time ive been here.

• 248 Kebabacus // Aug 13, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Nice to read something fairly positive about Newcastle United in the national press: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/12/premier-league-preview-newcastle-united

• 249 Kebabacus // Aug 13, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Also, I agree with Toon22, great post Rob!

• 250 gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb) // Aug 13, 2013 at 4:58 AM

To be honest this seems to simply be a Belgian striker picked out of a hat! Only know him from Football Manager!

Also, dear me, that remix is horrific.

• 251 gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb) // Aug 13, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Good post Rob, I agree.

It was noticeable how we passed the ball between the back 4 almost incessantly all through the beginning of last season then whenever it got to Krul or Williamson, because they aren’t confident passes, they simply lumped it.

The passing between the defence was frankly embarrassing at times.

The one thing I slightly disagree with is that the formation is irrelevant. That 4-3-3 we played was effectively set up perfectly for those quick counter attacks.

With Cabaye playing the passes for Ben Arfa to turn and run straight at the defence from the half way line where he is just lethal!

When we played that 4-2-3-1 it had Ben Arfa dropping deeper to defend more and didn’t let him simply receive the ball, turn and run because the build up was so much slower because it was only Cisse left up top!

Going back to that 4-3-3 could be even better now with Sissoko. He’s another person who can run and drive the ball forward powerfully.

Potentially exciting if we tried it.

• 252 GeordieRob // Aug 13, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Good morning gonufc,

Let me revise my original opinion. A formation is irrelevant, if we don’t stretch defences. Formation does not dictate how a team plays. West Ham played with a 3-4-3 last year that was some of the most terrible football I’ve seen. It wasn’t “samba”. It was crap. But also, Spurs under Redknapp played basically a 4-4-2 with two fast wingers and it was very entertaining one touch football.

I think the reason Pardew left a 4-3-3 formation is because we had HBA on one wing cutting in towards goal and Ba on the other cutting in as well. All our width was immediately narrowed. Playing a 4-2-3-1 should leave two actual wingers (not strikers doubling as wingers) to stretch the opposition defence and whip the ball in quickly. That is what I miss, not the formation. I don’t care much for possession football either. We had under 40% vs Swansea that year and destroyed them.

Also, I think it’s better that HBA drop deeper and defend. He is one of the best dribblers in the premiership. Why wouldn’t we want him to get the ball with 50m of open space in front of him? Give him the ball and let him run. Counter attack at speed and turn the opposition’s aggression into our advantage.

It’s not fashionable to not want to play like Barca, but I really don’t. And the Germans are showing that there is a way of playing brilliant attacking football without passing the ball backwards 300 times in a game. We don’t really have the players for a Barca style, but we could play like Dortmund. I’d pay to watch that.

• 253 Kebabacus // Aug 13, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Again, agree with you totally Rob. Except for the bit about the Swansea game. We nicked that one. If they had had a decent striker or two at that point we would have gotten thumped.

Formation isn’t everything. For me our biggest problem is a lack of movement and far too many sloppy passes, coupled with a few players who simply hoof it because they are technically limited.

Hopefully this will change now that Simpson and Williamson are out of the picture… Krul could do with watching Elliot’s distribution in training too.

• 254 Sazzer // Aug 13, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I think we could play like Barca with players we now have. Not sure we got the guidance for it though. Same with German style. We need to improve our pressure game for either to work.

• 255 89Norcal // Aug 13, 2013 at 6:44 AM

GeodieRob

Make some good points as I feel there were a couple legitimate reasons Pardew ditched 4-3-3, though he should have at least worked on the issues.

Still not comfortable with Hatem tracking back nearly every single time when hes a winger. We all know he struggles to stay in the best fitness. Of course if Tiote was in any sort of form right now we wouldn’t have to worry defensively as much. There’s another reason we ditched 4-3-3 IMO.

• 256 Sazzer // Aug 13, 2013 at 6:44 AM

And movement without the ball.

• 257 89Norcal // Aug 13, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Sazzer, doubt man if I’m honest. Busquets, Iniesta and Messi can do things with the ball that all other players just can’t.

Even Swansea don’t really “play like Barcelona” outside of the halfway line area.

• 258 Sazzer // Aug 13, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I agree with Kebab on the Swansea game and the point that overcomplicate things last year while keeping simple the year before it. Still that year we scored on almost every chance we got, that is was not sustainable. We outperformed our stats and therefore overvaluing our ability hence no transfer activity last summer.

• 259 SeanNufc87 // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Blurghhhhhhhh!

Howay the lads.

• 260 Sazzer // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Or minimum transfer activity.

• 261 Sazzer // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM

With the right Pep talk we could do rather well in that style but we wouldn’t beat Barca at it.

• 262 Klatoon // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM

dont know if this has already been pointed out but, the club are doing a feature for overseas fans. If anyones interested just mail anthony.marshall@nufc.co.uk.

• 263 check the toastie // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Analyse how we play all you want but as long as Pardew persists with Jonas Tiote and Shola whilst trying to play pass and move football we will be shite.

Pick the players that can play pass and move, Anita, Marv and Goofy/Remy should be all in.

• 264 JAMSHA // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Newcastle will pay £7m for Jelle
    Vossen???

• 265 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Interesting last few posts on passing movement. What I think the TOON lack is movement off the ball. it seems once a player has passed the ball they seem to switch off and don’t move, look for the return pass. Watch Rooney he passes the ball then busts a gut to get onto the return ball or drops off into a space to pick the ball up.
    Mackem Sessignon is brilliant at it especially against us finds space easy picks up passes moves on and we ain’t a clue where he is.
    We need someone Cabaye if he would play nearer the front to do this – wasted playing in front of the back four.

• 266 Sazzer // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Anita does it since he learned it in Ajax. But the french players are drilled differently and their national teams have usually relied on individual brilliance and solid defence. Same thing with Argentine national team. Spain use to be that way and use to win nothing then Barcelona started to master total football.

• 267 GeordieRob // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Last post for me thn I’ll shut up.

I hate to say it because I think he’s mint but Cabaye needs to shoulder a lot of the responsibility for both how well or poor we play. It’s easy to blame Krul & Willo & co for kicking the crap out of the ball, but if they don’t get anyone busting a gut to be an option in front of them, what are they supposed to do?

And if Cabs really is a “leader of men” and they keep kicking it over his head when he’s working his tits off to receive the ball, then he needs to pull out the hair dryer!

Kerbacus: I think the technical term is “smash & grab”. I will admit that Swansea had a lot more of the ball that day. But Cabs played 2 awesome attacking passes that day that threatened far more than anything they did. And that’s my point.

• 268 SeanNufc87 // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Geordie rob making a lot of sense, lets see how long the discussion can last before his insightful opinion is countered with “no its just cause pardew is crap” or “even if we did that pardew would just defend after we score” and finally “pardew is too brainless to play like that” even though as rob pointed out, we have played this way under him.

• 269 check the toastie // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Geordie Rob nice points however as long as Pardew is here we will be defensive and negative, simple as that really.

PARDEW OUT

• 270 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Rob…you may well have a point, but for me the major concern has been quite simple the way we up the team both offesive as well as defensive.

Every player have to add something either when we go forward or defensive, and our midfield has failed miserably in this regard; especially our DM (Tiote and Parch when he played).

Alot of time Guti had do too much defensive work and Benny ends up sitting to deep instead piling pressure on the oposition.

Often Cisse is left alone on top and we end up hoofing the ball and completely disregarding our att. midfielders.

• 271 Toon73 // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:18 AM

@258 Klatoon

What is that email for exactly?

• 272 Indian Magpie // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Toon 73

They send you some questions about how do you got into supporting NUFC and all. Who is your NUFC hero.

For a piece on overseas fans of NUFC

• 273 Indian Magpie // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I have got so many things to say, but i will get to the bottom line straight away.

Pardew Out

• 274 Toon73 // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Thanks Indian.

Would never have pegged you for a Pardew hater though ? ;)

• 275 nut meg // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Sean @ 264
    5 mins ha ha..ya gotta laff

• 276 Klatoon // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM

AP on Jonas’ injury

“It’s around the buttock – that’s where your power comes from,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“We need to be careful on that. We’re sweating on that one now.”

Lets have some fun with this :) fire away

• 277 GeordieRob // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Ok… One more.

Jesper: I’d only ask when did we hoof the ball forward. From what I saw it was rarely immediately after a turnover like WHU or Stoke. We’d pass it around and back and forward until all of our midfielders were under the cosh, then lump a huge Hail Mary up to Cisse to try and deal with. What’s he supposed to do with that? If we’re going to play a passing game, someone’s got to have the balls to go forward and take the game on. Else Krul will keep having to lump the ball up to a 50:50.

Tiote was disappointing last year. Instead of complementing Cabaye, he continually gave these stupid sideways passes to him when Cabs was already under pressure. He’s lost under these tactics. But then again, I prefer our old style.

Check: you weren’t entertained by Cisse’s YouTube clip earlier? That happened under Pardew.

• 278 martoon // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Indian, Check et al – just suppose you get your wish and we sack Pardew then what?
    Either JFK takes over or is tasked with finding another manager which could take months or MA brings in another one of his drinking/gambling cronies.
    We would be in an even bigger mess that we are now!

• 279 gstadt // Aug 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM

This Vossen lad doesn’t score tap ins, does he? Seems a perfect Shola replacement

• 280 nut meg // Aug 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Martoon @ 278
    If & it’s a great big if, Ashley sacked Pardew I think he might put John Carver in as temporary manager.He’d really antagonize the fans if he moved JFK into the manager role.That might allow Joe to “advise ” Carver on team selection/coaching etc. Just a thought………..omg what am i thinking.

previous post: Newcastle Withdraw Their Offer For Bafe Gomis