Could Joe Kinnear Be After This Belgian International Striker

Jelle Vossen is a Belgium International striker who stands 5’11” tall and since Joe Kinnear is rumored to be after a Belgian striker, we wonder if this lad could be the Newcastle target.

jelle vossen

Jelle Vossen – Genk’s 24 year-old striker

Jelle was born in Bilzen, Belgium, and he first joined Genk way back in 2000, when he was just 11 years old.

He became a starter at Genk in 2008 but was loaned out to Cercle Brugge for the 2009-2010 season, and he scored 8 goals in 21 appearances there, and in fact over the last three seasons at Genk he has scored 65 goals in 110 appearances – not bad at all.

In his career at Genk he has 148 total appearances and 78 goals in seven seasons he’s spent there.

Last season he scored 14 goals in only 21 appearances for his club side,and he has played for all the Belgian Youth sides from U15 through U21 (8 appearances) and he’s played 11 times for the full Belgium side with two goals.

Maybe out Belgian readers can comment on how good this lad would be for Newcastle, if indeed Joe is interested in signing him.

Here’s some video on Vossen.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• check the toastie

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM

SACK PARDEW, he’s killing our club.

• Ben3arfa

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Good technique, doesnt seem like an especially quick player but can do a job playing just behind Cisse with his good distribution and distance shooting.

• yo-yo

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

check

When did you change your mind about Pards then ?

• sweendog

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I reckon it was Batshuayi ..not Vossen who was being looked at.

• swisstone

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM

And so another round of guessing games begin…

Is anyone else alarmed that joe is going to look at a player at such a late stage??

What happened to having our back up plan sorted?

Surely the time for scouting players has been and gone??

Unless he’s thinking about the 2015/16 season

• jazzyp

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Evening lads
    Jesus Christ is this what Nufc are resorting to now-I think now gomis is a non starter we are going to be linked with everybody.
    Seriously why cant things be simple and thought out.Carr should have been scouting CF’s long before ba left and yet 8 month later we are still struggling to bring in a top transfer target on a contract

• JackButler

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:33 PM

“I heard a silly comment of ‘what can I attract?’ I can open the door to any manager in the world, anyone, that’s the difference,” said Kinnear. “I’ve spent my whole life talking to [Sir] Alex Ferguson, week in, week out. I can pick the phone up at any time of the day and speak to Arsène Wenger, any manager in the league. In all the divisions.”

Ashley’s response to Kinnears comment was to simply refuse to top up his phone

• Ben3arfa

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM

It is truly depressing how the current regime making signing a player out to be the most impossible thing in the world.

A team like ours shouldnt struggle to attract good players who (as Pardew aims) would keep us a mid-table side.

There is something very wrong here, Ashley has given up on the project it seems and will only use the club as a way to advertise his Sports Direct brand and its partners.

I pray for a miracle for this fat moron and his yes-men to be driven out of the club somehow.

I will not buy the wonga jersey this season as a sign of boycott , I do feel fans in general dont do enough to place pressure on Ashley.

We are often quiet until it is too late (as was the case in the relegation season). Will history repeat itself in 2013/2014?

• JToon21

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM

half black and white kit on pre-order this week to be released 22nd August

• stuart no9

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:38 PM

can anyone tell me the purpose of paying so much money to watch a game of football at SJP? .

Up until Feb/ march i paid 50 quid every home game, hoping we would come good and the team / manager would sort the mess out and make SJP an exciting place to go to as i have done for the last 45 years.

At the end of last season, everyone realised something was drastically wrong, be it the team,the manager, the squad , the men at the top – something had to change- it didnt, nothing has changed.

Over the last 3 months,while other clubs were busy in the transfer market , mainly in preparation to send out the best team they could next week, we have not moved on – learnt lessons from last season.

Teams like man u- Arsenal-man c-chelsea. are preparing their teams to win the league or win the CL, even spurs are still not prepared to sell bale foe 100M such is their ambition to do well and at least try to win something.

While supporters from these clubs will be shouting their team on in hope of silverware / titles / success in europe the real purpose of following your team , what will NUFC fans be hoping for? staying in the prem – thats it.- fans will be 30-40-50quid just to watch a game of football, knowing at the end of it there will be- nothing.

Some people on this blog will shout ‘ BUT YOU MUST SUPPORT THE TEAM” your right and your wrong.

Ashley has proved this window,beyond doubt , he is not prepared to give us success. He is not prepared to to give us our moneys worth every week, he is not prepared to give the newcastle fans a hint of excitement at SJP,something i have not experienced in all my years of supporting my team , so, if they cant make an effort to repay the fans for turning up week in- week out, for making them attend a football match , where the owner dosnt really care if we win or lose, as long as we dont go down( as ashley would weep in his beer if he lost the tv revenue about 70M , the same 70M he got this season that us fans will probably never see unless come xmas and we are bottom ) what is our reason for shouting the team on ? it is not to look forward to europe, ashley dosnt want it, it is to get excited about winning the league, ashley dosnt want it, winning a cup perhaps? naa pardew dosnt want it or know how to do it ( brighton/ stevenage?????) so what is there left to go for? nothing! i have decided not to go again, to pay 50 quid JUST to watch a game of football. -would man u- arsenal-man c chelsea fans go to support their team if they KNEW before the season started that their owner has decided he is not interested in winning anything and that IF the supporters wanted to go it would be simply to watch a game of football on a saturday with no chance of honours ? of course they wouldnt ! why should we ??????

• JackButler

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM

stuart no9

For me to watch a game at SJP, it takes a seven hundred mile round trip and costs me a small bloody fortune to do so and I am not doing it again until this shambolic lot are gone

• JDdubai

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Siem de Jong has a collapsed lung….just in case anyone was holding out for a late bid

• josh

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I respect everyones right to have an opinion, but pardew is going nowhere for the moment. So is there any chance we can go at least one thread a day without somebody having a loose women session about it. It’s as variable as kiss fm.

• JackButler

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

josh

• check the toastie

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Stuart no9 – But isn’t Pardew going to come good?

• toon kk

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

What the hell is going on at Newcastle. Has Carr been made redundant? All our Targets, what targets? What a badly run club. Everything left to the last minute due to not wanting to pay. I’m not sure if anyone will come in, just hope we don’t get to many injuries or we’ll really struggle again.

• josh

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I’ll be off to macro for an industrial sized box of tampons then. Don’t say I never do anything for ya.

• JackButler

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM

josh

I’ll make a deal with you, when Pardew gets us wining games and playing decent football we’ll all stop bitching and moaning about him……………….but until them he’s public enemy No#1 😀

• Themesh

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM

cheers for the info JToon21

• josh

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I just get bored of the same old shit to be honest. Nothing the fans say will make a difference.

• check the toastie

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

JDDubai – De Jong would keep the ball better than Jonas with a punctured lung, get him signed.

Stuart – I feel your pain, have watched Pardews sides play shite since he arrived barring a couple of exceptions, Chelsea last year (new signings hadn’t been Pardewed yet) and the Stoke home game the year before when he played a three in midfield and pushed Cabaye forward, hasn’t happened since (bizarre).

I have to say I have also tried to take a vow of disinterest, however I just cant, it hurts so much man, I have never felt worse about this club I love.

I am being betrayed, not just by Ashley, Pardew, etc, but also the silent fans who are letting performances such as the Liverpool home game go off without any sort of protest, pathetic.

• USAGEORDIE

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Vossen at SS would be nice. I also like Matias Suarez.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, hope you are all well.

To be honest, we’re never going to not talk about Pardew, he’s the manager, and an incredibly divisive one at that, so it’s to be expected that people will share their opinions on him.

If we made Pardew and Ashley taboo subjects, I really think we’d have nothing to talk about.

Btw Dok, when you moving next door to me lad? I’ve the rocking chair on the porch for you buddy! haha

• jazzyp

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM

JB
    im the same-over 300 mile round trip. Rather than going up every home game like I have done for the last 17 year, I will just pick and choose my games from now on in as many will.
    Last season I have never seen so much discontent in the stands, but the biggest thing I noticed was the noise level we are renowned for has died as well.
    Under this regime we are dying a slow and painfull death while being left behind to be a mid table PL team at best.

• check the toastie

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Graham Souness and Glenn Roeder would have this team in the top eight, I even believe daft Joe would do better as manager. I say Sack Pardew and put Joe in charge.

Could our performances be anymore insepid.

• Toon1978

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Looks a canny striker that Vossen but don’t they all o You tube hahahaha. Any bugger will do imo. Looks like the Gomis deal is dead and it has went on Sinclair and Ince 🙁 Fingers crossed for some news very soon.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Check

I don’t like Pardew either, but let’s not be ridiculous.

• check the toastie

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Ruddy – any change currently, can only be positive. Kinnear and Harford dream team. 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Jazzyp…I think one of two issues we are experiencing is that Carr and Pardew do not see eye to eye when it comes to football players. Now I do prefer those Carr scouts to those Pardew want us to sign, but since Pardew is our manage and he picks the style and formation, then in all honesty we need players that into that concept.

Secondly I think the whole JK as DoF has set us back and we are back to scratch; hence the reason why we cannot seem to sign a forward or any other player for that matter.

A reader with a quick eye would probably point out to me that not being able to sign a forward is nothing new 😀 lol

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

*You mean Graeme Souness?

• JackButler

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Souness, Dogleash and Pardew are all the same, they all believe that they are top class managers but in fact they have all taken us backwards and their self belief is seriously misplaced

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Check

Well you’re entitled to your opinion lad but personally that’s no dream team, it’d be my nightmare team! haha

It’s all about Ashley in my opinion, with a proper owner we wouldn’t be in this mess.

• scout

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Jack
    Where ya living pal?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Siem de Jong has a collapsed lung!

…so we can rule him out

• JackButler

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

scout

South Wales mate, just outside Cardiff

• check the toastie

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Jesper – the better solution is get a manager in who can get his team to play decent attacking football, that’s the solution.

And the Greame Sourness thing was just a half hearted dig at Percy, I wasn’t serious.

• stuart no9

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

check @ 15——–
    Stuart no9 – But isn’t Pardew going to come good?——-from what i have seen – no– and to be honest paying 950 quid over the season to find out, is not something i could really afford .

• jazzyp

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Evening jesper
    We can all be as proud as we want to being a Toon fan but I just don’t get the way we are being run.
    We have one of the most respected scouts in Europe and has found some cracking players-yet we have a manager that is inept at playing the players to there full potential.
    Every home game last season you here the same comments week in week out. Forty nine thousand Geordies cant be wrong mate can they !!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Ruddy…still a mess I might add, but definitely not like this 🙁

…watching us play is a mess of it’s own Ashley or no Ashley lol

• scout

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I see mate I’m down on the south coast, heading back up for York races next week and hopefully the west ham game with my dad

1 2 3 7