The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Beaten 3-1 Behind The Scenes

7:34 pm, Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 17 Comments

Newcastle lost their behind the scenes games at Liverpool today 3-1, and that’s the final warm-up game for Newcastle before we now take on Manchester City next Monday night at the Etihad Stadium.

dan gosling at st mirren

Dan Gosling – in action at St. Mirren

And Newcastle gave away two penalties so that’s the third penalty in our last two games, but Dan Gosling scored for Newcastle, with young Adam Campbell setting the former Everton player up with an assist.

And Dan seems to be coming into some of his old form this pre=season – we should keep him for the final year of his contract.

Dean Sturridge scored his two goals both from the penalty spot, and the game took place at Liverpool’s Melwood training center.

Not much news on the actual game, but at least the penalties were not given away by Mathieu Debuchy, since Mathieu’s on duty with the French National side who play Belgium tomorrow night.

And on a personal note – I’m supposed to be getting my home Internet connection restored tomorrow afternoon – it’s been a little difficult since Saturday night, but hopefully normal service will be resumed – soon.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Dan Gosling · Friendlies · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

17 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bearsize // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Gosling is a new signing! Cmon!

• 2 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Anyone else worried about how many penalty’s we are giving away lately ?

• 3 JackButler // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

There will be plenty more 3-1 this season :(

• 4 JackButler // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Big Pappa Cissé

To be honest the amount of penalty’s we are giving away is pretty low on the list of things I’m worried about

• 5 Felipe // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Really feeling positive about the new season. Can’t wait to get started on Monday. If we can get another striker in before the end of the month we’ll be really flying.
    Haway the Toon!!!

• 6 Felipe // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Krul
    Debuchy Taylor Colo Santon
    Anita Tiote
    Sissoko Cabaye Remy
    Cisse

Subs: Elliott, Anita, Mbiwa, Gouffran, Jonas, Marveaux, New Striker

WOW!!!

• 7 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Evening all
    Felipe I like your optimism mate for the new season-keep it up.

• 8 connor_91 // Aug 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Felipe, ben arfa has to be in any team, the few moments of magic he produces could well be the difference between 0 points and 1 or between 1 point and 3
    Also you have put Anita in both the starting line up and on the bench, so unless we have signed another Anita, he’s going to have a hard job fulfilling both roles
    I would also prefer to see remy down the middle even if it means Jonas in on the left or maybe we could change to a narrow diamond, as most of our attacking wing play comes from our full backs rather then the wingers

• 9 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Despite 3-1 is an improvement from 6-0, and they still didn’t have luis suarez playin! Shows our players are either not back 2 full fitness, or we’re not strong enough!

• 10 stuart no9 // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM

felipe @ 5——- your feeling really positive about the new season ? cmon then , do you know something we dont/?
    what makes you feel positive?

• 11 djchrisanders // Aug 13, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Dean Sturridge? ;)

• 12 nufcusa // Aug 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM

shadow_shearer:

How does this result tell you anything when you dont even know who played other than Gosling, Gouffran and Obertan.

If you know the team then please share it.

• 13 sa80teur // Aug 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Djchrissanders that’s what I was thinking!! The Tupac of Derby County himself :)

• 14 Crow59 // Aug 14, 2013 at 12:24 AM

All these formations and team selections make me laugh, they’re all missing one selection that however illogical it may be jonas will start on the left, id put my nuts on it.

• 15 gazzaforever // Aug 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Felipe shittest lineup ever, good job . Are you Jeff’s cousin?

• 16 He cannit see man // Aug 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I am worried about how sloppy our defence seems pre season giving away penalties, the way players dive about these days it could be very very costly.

With Remy in the ranks I wouldnt be surprised to see Pardew go back to 4-3-3 for some games with this line up.

Krul
    Debuchy mbiwa Colo santon
    Cabaye, sissoko, Jonas
    Remy, cisse, Ben arfa

I just hope this season we see a tactical use of players and formations to counter and expose the weakness of whoever we’re playing…. And yes I know from Newcastle that seems to be asking a lot!

• 17 devineyates // Aug 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Debuchy colo mapou santon .. Tiote Marveux. cabaye Ben arfa . Remy. Cisse This line up could destroy any team if we start keeping Possesion come on lads we have to believe ! I’ live in London and I get laughed at when I say I’m a Newcastle fan but Ive been loyal since 1996 when I was only 6 keep the faith !

previous post: What Do Newcastle Do With This Player This Summer?

next post: Newcastle Preparing Bid For Striker On “B” List