The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – We Are Actively Pursuing Two Or Three Players

3:21 pm, Friday, August 16th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 253 Comments

After the disappointment of missing out on one of our top three striker targets this summer – Darren Bent has today gone to Fulham on a season long loan deal – Alan Pardew is still hopeful of getting two more players through the door before the transfer window slams shut on Monday, September 2nd – a short 17 days away.

Alan Pardew at Rangers shouting

Alan Pardew – wants two more players this summer

But it seems at least manager Alan Pardew wants to sign some additional players this summer, and this is what he told the local press today:

“We’ve been actively pursuing two or three players.” “And we’re still looking to get one or two more transfers in.” “But we’ve got a good squad, and we’re in good fettle.”

We may be in fine fettle, but we are still short of striking power up front, and that was our big weakness in the second half of last season, when Demba Ba left and was not replaced in January.

So Newcastle must bring in one more top striker to join Loic Remy on Tyneside – that’s an absolute necessity, and then maybe we can get another player through the door, but who that may be we have no idea.

And on BBC Radio Alan Pardew also made the following comment, which is just a little bit worrying:

“I don’t see a lot of late business for us, but I do think we need to get another striker in.”

So maybe the best Newcastle fans  can expect this summer  is one more striker brought in – and that’s got to be the absolute minimum requirement.

But Newcastle must do some  transfer business in the next 17 days, otherwise this window will be as bad as last summer’s,  when we brought in only one senior signing – Vurnon Anita.

And we paid for that big time last season, and the club had to bring in five new Frenchmen in January, and that’s really what saved us from relegation – if the truth be told.

If we do the same thing this summer, then that opens it up for Newcastle to have  another mediocre season, or even another poor season – and the very last thing we want this season is to be fighting relegation again.

I suppose we’ll be satisfied if we can get one more good striker through the door in the next 17 days – we’ll have to be. :D

What do you think?

Comments welcome, but please be civil to other readers.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

253 responses so far ↓

• 1 noladonna // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM

granted we are in pretty decent shape but still not actually signing someone is just a joke really, but still can’t wait for Monday bring it on

• 2 Rooster // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

We tried all we could but couldn’t get them over the line! Q the winter window and cheaper price.

• 3 wolfshead@toon // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM

nufc 11

re demba ashley has his rules and sticks rigidly to them even if it means going over the cliff it seems

• 4 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I have my doubts as to whether Bent was in the ‘A’ list. May be the ‘If all else fails A list’.

If Bent was that good why didn’t Fulham buy him?

If Fulham were looking for a good forward why didn’t they go for Remy?

• 5 Greebol1892 // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Still mentioning Bent then. Good. Let’s have more articles about Bent – a player that will NEVER join us because of his wage demands……

We won’t sign anyone until January when Ashley absolutely has to, to save us from relegation – same as last season.

Looking forward to Monday night, as I always do with every match. However, Pardew is on borrowed time until JK takes over from him.
    HTL!

• 6 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Does anybody have the stats for how many players we registered last season vs. how many players actually played? From what I remember we registered a 23 man squad and used maybe 18 max on a regular basis.

• 7 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM

A really fast winger who can cross the ball would a good idea. In fact one for each side would work. We so lacking in pace and width.

• 8 Banjo // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM

hate it usually when people pull names out of thin air who we should get, but Finnbogason of Heerenveen seems someone who i reckon we could get. Wanted by Celtic so Champions League football but looks quite the poacher and would cost at the most £6 million, scored 27 in 33 in the Eridivisie

• 9 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM

@Banjo: I thought Celtic gave up on him?

• 10 toon kk // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Last summers transfer window is being repeated. Pardews already saying we’re in good shape, knowing probably no one is coming in. MA wants to save money. Maybe get a couple in January if we Need to.

• 11 Banjo // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Thump

I’ve no clue! Any reason why?

• 12 nufc 11 // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM

The way we opeate now is to throw out the wages and fee’s on the table and go on our way the selling clubs use this with other interested clubs see if they will better it and we all stand back and wait we def are the haggle kings now I suppose we were as soft a touch as can be before wen buying lumps for fortunes not anymore eh extremly fustrating for fans tho.

• 13 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I keep hearing we are in better shape but god forbid take Cisse out the game of the season through injury and we are truly screwed.
    Take Ba’s contribution out of the equation and we would have no doubt as depressing as it is been playing championship football this season.
    It is obvious Mr Ashley doesn’t want to put any of his Wonga in to the club and me personally think he is playing a very dangerous game with the club.

• 14 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Alan, joe, mike, your all taking the piss!! Same story over and over, same as last season and season b4. Then your gonna say we couldn’t get them over the line. Only one who deserves credit for doin his job properly is graham carr!

• 15 Byker Boy // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Exactly the same mistakes as last year, unbelievable, we just avoided relegation and we are now in worse shape. Thank you oh wise one !

• 16 voice of raisin // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM

The club is actually beyond a joke

• 17 toonluvva // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM

We need less talk and posturing in the press, and some REAL action in the transfer window.

Of course JoKe is on the job, so I’m not confident of anything happening.

• 18 bzak12 // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Pardew deserves all the stick that will be coming his way, no confidence that this season will be any improvement on last. I also hope JFK knows whats coming his way ill health or not.

• 19 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I posted this before, but it’s worth comparing our squad to Everton and realising we’re not really that bad…

Newcastle Everton
    AM/Wing Marv Oviedo
    AM/Wing Obertan Gueye
    Forward Cisse Jelavic
    Forward Remy Kone
    Forward Goofy Naismith
    Forward Ameobi Anichebe

They don’t have a first team 3rd choice goalie either and some of their players are very green too. They have an excellent first 11 (probably slightly better than ours) but I don’t believe they have as much depth as us.

• 20 numba9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Were Newcastle and were gonna sign f##k4ll gonna sign f##k41l

• 21 Heslop Toon // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM

If we are actually persuing 2 or 3 players then we must be the only club in the premier league who the media decide not to track the transfer activity of. I mean there has been no recent news of bid for players other than bent (who is gone) and Gomis (who we have been persuing since the start of the transfer window) that I know of.
    More likely we are just trying to extend shola’s contract.

• 22 Toon Tang // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:52 PM

actively pursuing doesn’t mean sat at home watching youtube vids pards mate. now sign a few players or I’ll tell true geordie where ya live

• 23 bosamuelson // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Has anyone seen this. Is he stoned or something, looks like it.

Rednap what a tool!!

• 24 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

We signed 5 in January who now have a pre-season under their belts and another 1 on-loan this summer and we’re still complaining. Meanwhile Man Utd and Arsenal are still waiting for a single first team signing…

And if you think the pressures at those clubs are any less, you’re crazy. Their goals may be a bit higher but there’s still the same pressure.

Just putting things into perspective…

• 25 luke.r // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Anybody actually got any idea who we’d be speaking to then?

• 26 stu mel // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Newcastle do there best business on the quite and there worst out loud, so I still have a slither of hope left for my beloved club please prove me right to have enduring faith ha ha

• 27 check the toastie // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I think the squad is good and believe we should have a good year, 100% agree with Pardew.

Up front we Have – Cisse, Remy, Goofy, and the potential to play Ben Arfa/Marv/Cabaye in behind a single striker. 3 decent options for up top and plenty of creativity in behind.

Pardew will continue to use Joans and Shola however as he needs a big man to have a successful side. Ba and Bent is when his team were successful. Has no idea on how to get a team to play the ball on the deck.

Man is useless and thats why i am gutted as the season starts. Replace him and i would be have been looking forward to the season.

• 28 Bambams // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I just heard Pards on the radio before

” We need to find players as good as the ones other clubs are buying for big fee’s but for a helluva lot cheaper”

If only life wad so simple…….

Makes you laugh when we constantly hear the “It will take huge offers to buy any of our players”…..

Our club is run by car boot dealers!

No one wants us to pay stupid fee’s but we need at least a pacey winger and a strong striker to hold the ball up. Still think they are waiting to sell Cabaye before we spend.

Imo

• 29 numba9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM

A loan signing that is gonna be on a rape trial and is renowned for crying off injured is not what I regard as a signing. Now pull ya cockney fingers out ya big sweaty 4ss tight Ashley

• 30 Tommyy // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM

He said we WERE after 2 or 3, not anymore now we’ve lost out on Bent. We’re a shambles, they need to sort it out.

• 31 p // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I said weeks ago that I could not see how we would overcome the wage situation with Bent + his age not being something in our transfer framework.

A loan may have worked but since we got Remy on loan (and I did guess that as well weeks ago) it was hard to see both of them on loan.

I still think Gomis may come, it’s just brinkmanship going on.

Apparently Sinclair is available for loan and dependent on wages, that is a bit of a no-brainer for me given our inability to bring anyone else in.

• 32 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Tds
    On paper and on the field we have an excellent team I totally agree mate.
    But do you not feel that the players must know and sense the frustration and anxiety amongst the mass.
    I do hope we come out fighting for the badge this season as far to often last term we capitulated far to easy at the wrong end of the table.

• 33 paul24 // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM

@ToonDarnSarf

Not sure I agree with them not having as much depth as us, there are a number of players in that list who have proven they arent good enough to be at NUFC, even as squad players. I think Everton are in better shape than us for depth, but thats just my two pence.

• 34 JaxtheMag // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM

what a load of bollocks, how much longer have we got to put up with this lot running our club. we lost 4 0 at city last year they have spent 90mill, L

• 35 Oleg G // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM

So which is it? “Two” OR “Three” ??????

If he would say “Two, Three” ok. but this “or” is like he is not sure or something.

• 36 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM

jazzyp

Yeah. Well maybe the masses should stop whinging about things and look forward to the season. There’s nothing the players can do about that and I hope they’re fired up to have a great season.

I don’t live in Newcastle now and it will be a while before I can get up for a home match but I’d be interested what the general feeling is about the club rather than believing a few vocal people on this blog who were probably whinging when SBR and KK were at the helm too…

• 37 numba9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Everton are in fine Fettle and look more likely to add than us

• 38 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM

bosamuelson @ 23

Does Redknapp know something we and Pardew don’t know all these incoming players to Newcastle ?

• 39 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM

paul24

The only dubious ones I can see on the list are Alwnick (but he’s still young), Willo (and I still think he does a job), Haidara & Dummett (unproven), Gosling, Jonas & Ameobi (and I think they do their jobs too). Everton have their fair share too! Only Jelavic and Kone are any good up front and there are several players who have barely played for Everton on that list too.

• 40 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM

@Banjo: Not that I remember mate. I just remember seeing an article on it a few days back.

• 41 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM

numba9

Say the magical crystal ball that knows who is going to sign who?

• 42 p // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM

You can definitely take a glass half full or a glass half empty approach to this season.

No doubt that not having to worry about Europa and the Janaury signings settling in both from a language and footballing perspective will all help. Regardless of what anyone says, Remy is a quality player – the challenge is to get him demonstrate that.

On the negative side, we still look weak up top and it is hard to see many of the problems that we had last year suddenly disappear; tactics, form, a plan to win games rather than to try not losing them etc etc.

Then add in to the mix the potential of losing someone like Cabaye.

That said, I don’t really fear relegation. There are worse clubs than us (not a great thing to be saying I know) and we do have the resource to correct things in January should things go pear shaped between now and then.

My verdict, a mediocre season is most likely but, you never know, the stars could align.

• 43 JaxtheMag // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM

so we brought in JK to bring in 1player on loan, canny job.

• 44 89Norcal // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Nice to see all the SSN pundits are just as pessimistic about the City game as us.

• 45 SecretSausage // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I want to look forward to the season. I go to every game. But the trouble is we nearly got relegated last season and the football was very poor quality. Granted there is still 16 days left of the window but who on earth would have believed that come the first game we would have the same players to choose from?

I’m honestly shocked. We’re supposed to have this incredible scouting network and over the recent months they have all been hard at work yet with the seaon kicking off tomorrow we still haven’t been able to getany new signings in. WTF is going on?

We really are in trouble. You know who I feel sorry for? Pardew. He is actually an OK manager but we just provide him with players that arn’t good enough. There is a chance that if we start this season as we played the last one we could lose the first few games. Pardew may at that point be on his way but we know who will step in and the problem then is the season will already be wasted.

Must be great being a fan of a smaller club than us like Chelsea, Man City etc.
    I’m gobsmacked. Every day there’s just nothing ever happens. Everyone around around the country is excited for their new look team to take the pitch at the weekend. But we’re left with the same squad. It’s so bad we can’t even sell players.

• 46 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Tds
    I myself live in the midlands, But get up to most home games as a member. Believe me when I say this that last season the atmosphere in the ground was not great.
    I was up for the Braga game, And again the lads I have been sat around for the last 20 years are hopeful for the new season as we all are but not optimistic !!
    Maybe we all need a bit of the TDS optimism to rub off on all of us pal and we’ll be ok.

• 47 bzak12 // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM

We,ll get a general feeling what the public think when we see the attendance for the WHU match I’m betting its nowhere near 50,000. See what Pardew says then.

• 48 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM

@bosamuelson: …did… did he just say “3-1 win to Newcastle”…?

• 49 Wayayman // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM

One thing Everton do have over us is a coach who is tactically aware and likes to have his teams playing passing, on the floor, one-or-two-touch football.
    Instead of teams with better players than us, let’s look at those teams who have worse managers/coaches than us. i can only think of Bruce at Hull and Hughes at Stoke who are as old fashioned as Pardew is tactically.

It’s a sad state of affairs when you realise that one change will make a massive difference to our club.

We are one young, hungry, ambitious,less egotistical manager away from being a pretty good side. We have the players already at the club. They’re there!

Grrrrrrrrr……

• 50 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

ToonDarnSarf @ 24

I just want to correct you on ManU and Arsenal.

They have each brought in a single player. The costs were ManU £1,540,000 and Arsenal £Free.

• 51 paul24 // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

@ToonDarnSarf

Personally I think Shola, Williamson, Gosling, Obertan need to be shown the door at some point this season, sooner rather than later. I’d keep Jonas as a bench warmer but I dont think he’s a starter anymore. I know I’ll probably get crucified for saying it but I think if Ben Arfa doesnt show some consistency and better fitness this season we need to part ways with him aswell.

• 52 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Alright, so I’ve watched it again and here’s the important bits:

-City have signed a few new players.
    -Newcastle have signed Remy, who isn’t fit.
    -Newcastle squad is unsettled having signed a lot of players (!)
    -City to win.
    -Navas to set up first goal.
    -3-1 win for Newcastle.

I’ll take both winning and losing against City. Good shout, Jamie.

• 53 thai-mag // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM

bkak, the westham has been a sellout for a while now, you cant get tickets for love nor money

• 54 numba9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Tds no1 knows who goes where exactly but I am pretty sure the likes of Sinclair ince gomis will all not quite make it past our owners magical line because he and joke in here are looking for something that doesn’t exist…..top players for pittance

• 55 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Secret @ 45

‘..Everyone around around the country is excited for their new look team…’

Yep, Spurs without Bale, ManU without Rooney and Liverpool without Suarez.

• 56 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 1h
    Newcastle are interested in talented young Rennes right back Dimitri Foulquier. No offer though yet

And on another note Bafe Gomis has refused all notion of playing for Lyon again and is prepared to play in the reserves all season if he cannot manoeuvre a move to another club this transfer window.

• 57 davetoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Newcastle statement: we are actively pursuing the active pursuit of players

• 58 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM

89Norcal @ 44

‘….SSN pundits are just as pessimistic..’

Pessimistic or Realistic?

Man City are tipped to challenge Chelsea for the title whilst we are tipped to finish between 8 and 12, more likely the latter.

• 59 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM

jazzyp

I’m not surprised the atmosphere wasn’t great last season given the performances. There really wasn’t much to shout about to be fair.

I fully expect the regular attending fans to be right behind the lads come kick-off though. I hope I’m right in thinking that it’s just a vocal minority who whinge and complain all the time. I don’t want to see any protests at the beginning of the season please!

I’m always excited for a new season to be fair. There’s always a chance that we’ll have a run in a cup or unearth a new future star!

• 60 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM

See Nile Ranger has signed for Swindon on a 1 year contract
    Can’t believe any club touched him tbh!

• 61 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Jazz

I think Gomiz must be thoroughly cheesed off with his club, his president and his agent(s). It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the French players at Newcastle have not made very encouraging remarks about joining us.

• 62 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Slank

No need to correct me actually…I wrote “first team signing” as I can’t imagine that either player will get significant first team football at Arsenal or Man Utd.

Fans of both clubs are waiting for big signings as they don’t think they have enough to compete with Chelsea and City, or even Spurs in the case of Arsenal.

• 63 scottoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Have to say that I am as upset and concerned as anyone about the lack of investment in the squad. But it drives me round the bend to read comments slagging the club. Stop with the “club is a joke” nonsense. We love this club….it is the management that is a joke.

• 64 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM

TDS

‘There’s always a chance that we’ll have a run in a cup or unearth a new future star! ‘

Even though every year we are disappointed !

• 65 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM

@toonarmydownsouth: Aye but imagine all the release clauses that will have to be in his contract. Swindon aren’t going to take the risk on him being found guilty in the rape case.

Also noticed the other day that, along with his facial tattoo of “Ranger” (probably to make police identification easier), his car has an extra “R” to say “Ranger’… probably also to make police identification easier.

• 66 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Slank
    I doubt very much if Gomis will sign the contract extension that Aulas is hoping for.Especially after the shabby way he has been treated by the club itself-Yet another trophy owner with no idea

• 67 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

TDS

Just me being pedantic !

• 68 GEORDIE BLOGGER // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I hate our whole senior set up!!! HATE

• 69 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Thump
    I’d say Ranger is pretty screwed if he ever has to go into an Id parade lol

• 70 paul24 // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM

@Thump

I just had to look it up when you said Ranger had a tatoo on his head, that kid has some serious issues, can definately see him doing a long stretch in prison in the future.

• 71 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM

jazzyp

Totally agree mate.

Aulas has now got a thoroughly cheesed off player. The last thing they need is this in the dressing room. And he will be gone within the year for nothing.

His best bet is to sell for whatever Newcastle are now prepared to pay, which I bet will be a lot less than what we originally placed on the table.

• 72 GEORDIE BLOGGER // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Some help lads is it true you can sell your ticket back to the club if you carnt make the match??? Even if its a season ticket? Tar

• 73 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Oh aye, Paul – I wasn’t joking, mate! http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2095503.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Nile-Ranger-2095503.jpg

@jazzyp: I wonder what he’s going to do when his football career finally goes down the pan. Such a shame because he has a ton of talent, he’s just an absolute, grade A pr!ck!

• 74 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

@Geordie Blogger: Aye, mate. You can do that here: http://www.viagogo.co.uk/nufc?PCID=PARTGBSportNUFCNUFCDBD51333EA-2

• 75 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Slank

And me being pedantic back! They haven’t made a single first team signing either. :-)

I don’t know about disappointment either…last season we at least had a decent run to the quarters of the Europa League, the season before we had a wonderful run to 5th and saw players like Cabaye and Tiote shine, the season before it was great to see Andy Carroll shine! And not so great when we sold him…

I enjoyed the promotion season too, lots of players showing heart and passion and us getting lots of goals and wins! Sad though that the last time we were in a semi-final was in 2005! And we got battered! I should know…I was there…

• 76 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM

TDS

I often wonder whether some teams are destined to never win anything whereas others always will.

But I think we must be firm favourites for the Northumbrian Cup this year.

• 77 GEORDIE BLOGGER // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Cheers mate

• 78 Slank // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Well that’s it for another day.

It’s been 42C today but has now dropped to 33C so time to venture out.

• 79 paul24 // Aug 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM

@Thump

Words just can not describe how stupid that tattoo is, I cant even begin to comprehend what is going on in that boys head. Just had a look at his Range Rover, or should i say Power Ranger, what an absolute tit, little boy pretending to be a big scary gangsta, cant believe Swindon even went near him xD.

• 80 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Slank

I think I’m with most fans of this club when I saw that I’d happily finish in 17th place if we also won the League Cup! I’d almost say 18th place but it would be really sad to see a cup winning team dismantled due to relegation…

I really want us to give the League Cup a proper go, no resting players because we’re ‘only’ playing Brighton!

• 81 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Just read a article on line by Mark Douglas – The Journal

Makes scary reading on how to employ one of the most important people in a football club.

“A personal observation is that Mike Ashley handed him an impossible job when, over a few drinks in one of their Totteridge locals, he offered Kinnear the over-arching role of director of football at St James’ Park. It is difficult enough for someone with an in-depth knowledge of the modern game to negotiate the cut-throat and dispiriting world of the summer transfer window, but for Kinnear it is close to impossible.”

• 82 daztoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Another amazing summer transfer window.The gap between us and the clubs with ambition grows even wider.

• 83 PMartel // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM

The last two summer transfer windows have proven there is absolutely no structure or logic to our dealings. Any owner with a bit of common sense would have strengthened on the back of our 5th place finish two seasons ago and would done the same this term after finishing 16th and narrowly avoiding relegation. Its one extreme to the other; the club won’t invest so it can push onto the next level but still won’t invest to avoid another relegation scrap.

Look at Swansea this summer – investing after their breakthrough season last year and showing ambition and desire in the transfer market to push on. At the opposite end you have Norwich and Aston Villa doing the same, but to avoid a repeat of last year. Then there’s Newcastle, sitting on the fence, watching every other club. There’s still time left but I have my doubts. The reality is, that at the moment, Newcastle are a mid table club at best with unambitious regime who is using the club as a vehicle to advertise his one true love, Sports Direct. Until, Ashley leaves, things will never change.

• 84 Munster Mag // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Martel, you will be begging for mid table by the end of this season, believe me. We have weakened the squad, and bought an injury prone if talented striker. The same players who bottled and buckled under pressure are still here, and the same manager, and the most unambitions chairman. A terrible predicament may be about to unfold….

• 85 SeanNufc87 // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Just watched pardews interview on ssn and I am livid that remy refuses to play because of a scarf injury! Just buy a new one merce-remy!

• 86 Pokat // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Anyway how do we know this window will slam shut or gently close? I’m sure JFK’s fingers will still get caught in it though :)

We did our buying last window. Ashley expects those players to start divvying up, and I suppose I agree with him – they do.

• 87 yorkymag // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Well it’s now official even Fulham are shopping in adifferent place to the once great nufc
    We have become a complete joke and for me always positive I can’t say I am looking forward to the public flogging we will get of a resurgent and even stronger city on Monday nite
    I don’t think anyone can argue with bent going to The cottage they understand the market rather and recognise the need to work within it rather than have this strange idea that we can set our own prices
    IMO bent will score. 10more goals this season than our top scorer and then his 78k will seem cheap ,he will also score goals in brazil for England on the back of a great season

It’s in the stars

• 88 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM

PMartel.

Spot on.

It’s mind bending to me how anyone can even look at Pardew right now with what is unfolding.

Yes, we all know Pardew is mediocre, but by not given him a squad capable of challenging we are again gambling and are setting out to fail.

It’s soul destroying to me.

1 loan player in who can’t even manage to make the first game, maybe second. With personal problems hanging over him.

It’s an absolute liberty to everyone connected to the club. Shocking.

In regards to Bent, and him choosing Fulham. I see alot of people saying thankgod for that, nice 1.

If it was Pea who we were messing around with like that and not willing to pay his wages there would be absolute uproar if we lost out on him. Because it’s Bent shouldn’t make any difference, it’s still showing our inept transfer policy and lack of urgency and ambition.

Once again today Pardew is out shouting for players, soul destroying to see a manager have to bleat on and bleat on for backing.

This football club is in a right state, a vicious cycle of mediocrity and lack of care, consideration and ambition.

1 striker and one winger would make all the difference to this season.

We can afford them there is no excuse.

This is a poorly run football club and it’s very unfair to everyone connected to the club, we all deserve so much better.

At the end of it all. When we hit mid-table, suffer injuries to star players with inept cover and turn in poor performances because of it, just remember who is in charge of the recruitment and ambition of this football club.

• 89 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Sean…what’s a scarf injury?

• 90 Sir Braveheart // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

We’re looking at two or three players. My ITK says its Tweedle-Dee, Tweedle-Dum and Rumpelstiltskin.

• 91 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Prodigy…that’s because we don’t think Bent is worth the money or the hazzle!

…and it seems the club don’t think either. Maybe on thing you should put empathize on is that Fulham only wanted to loan him!

About Pardew and sogning players don’t you think he should voice that concern with MA and do something about it if he is discontent?

• 92 Indian Magpie // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Any 1 thinks NUFC are paying high wages because Joe Kinnear cannot Negotiate.

• 93 Indian Magpie // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Sir Brave

Its Tom Dick and Harry

• 94 John PK // Aug 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Hi Guys,

I know its a bit of subject so sorry but thought i would post this as im sure you may be interested. Sale is closing within an hour

• 95 usmagpie // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

What a crock of #$%@, bleeping Newcastle do this every year. We are actively looking for two to three players. Yes we know every Bleeping team in the Prem says the exact same thing end of season. But one thing different they actually get the players they need, stop feeding us Bullshit say nothing and just show off the players when you get them. This bleeping Circus is enough to make you support Sunderland, at least they have been active in the window. ( OK KILL ME NOW I HAVE ENTERED INTO A STATE OF SUICIDE TALKING ABOUT SUPPORTING THE MACKEMS).
    God I hope Newcastle united read some of the comments on this site ED, Manager / Directors and Owner stop feeding us crap, if your not getting anyone in just stand up grow a pair and tell us, then at least we can look forward to the January Panic Transfer Window when we are in the relegation crap again.

• 96 Ben3arfa // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Kinnear disgusts me . Pathetic old man that nobody respects , he needs a long hard think about his position in today’s world.

• 97 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I think some of us are still dreaming of signing big names this year. We did last January.

Moreover, when it’s the KK-era or the Sir-Bobby-era, do we ever worry about signing big names? The most important piece of the puzzle is definitely a new tactic technician, not hoofball coach like Pardew.

On paper, we have a really good squad; on the field, we just kick the ball up front for miracles.

• 98 yorkymag // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Hey don’t blame joking if a fat bloke in a pub offered you £25000 grand a month would you turn it down

• 99 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

@SeanNufc87: You’d best be joking mate. My granny knitted him one as a welcome present. That little bugger better not have ruined it!

• 100 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Ben3arfa, almost everytime your comment is going against JFK. Is it necessary? He ain’t gonna leave anyway. He’s signed Remy! and give me a break, there’s no rape charge against Remy.

now, take my word. If he’s signed no other player for the whole year, that situation hopefully would be changed.

• 101 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Maybe we could see some Kemen and Mbabu this year.

• 102 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM

To answer earlier thread Slank and Jesper
    Not sure it’s worth keeping players around that are “so bad they can’t be sold”.

Amalfitano should be able to get club in France L2 and Obertan could probably be loan to L1 or championship to get rid some of his wages if he can’t be sold.

We can only buy bring one more foreigner with these two hanging around.

We got rid of Perch for next to nothing.

• 103 Slatymag // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Aye, I bet getting rid of Perch wasn’t Pardews decision.

• 104 supershola // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Anyone who thinks we have a good enough defence for this year must be mad… Debuchy has shown this year as well as last he can be a total liability. We were the 3rd worst defence last year and we don’t look like we’re going to strengthen … Madness
    I’ve never been so not looking forward to a season than I am for this one..

• 105 supershola // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM

And I totally agree with above comments , why get rid of pearch if you are not going to replace him?? He was our best utlility player last year and I’ve have played him instead of Tiote all day long last year

• 106 Mister Tuff // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I am totally confused -first we need players then we don’t as we have a strong squad.
    Then we may not get anyone this week, then have been looking at 2 or 3, then we need a striker -I cannot keep up totally confused. They are all talking rubbish -I wish they could
    start getting their acts together -so they (Percy and JK) look as if they are professional.
    Just been watching Pelligrini on Sky – he says anyone can win the league – so we should be ok (not). Percy saying a couple of days ago that he always goes for a win and that he expects something from the City game. Whilst you have to have a positive stance in football – I think that my initial thought of catching City before they get settled might result in us getting something -putting my football reality hat on we will probably get stuffed.
    If we do it may have a devastating knock on effect for the next games. We’ll hear the excuses about City being a multi million pound team challenging for the league blah blah blah.
    What an abysmal pre season. I have seen no evidence so far of a change in our style even bearing in mind we have a powder puff attack.

• 107 yorkymag // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Lets see what people think of our defence when we get a mauling on Monday we have two fullbacks that are naturally offensive .
    They need protection rom wide midfielders our wide men cant defend
    Result loads of goals conceded last season and I fear this two

• 108 Ben3arfa // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Ashley, Kinnear and Pardew are going to get us relegated this season. These three cockney crooks will have completed their mission of destroying the club whilst we clutch our beloved season tickets.

In all honesty though, it is our fault the FANS. We do not put ANY PRESSURE at all on Ashley or management to get thing straight. We have given Ashley an easy ride through since Chrissy Hughton got us promoted, we the fans are a disgrace for not foreseeing this fat moron’s inability and standing up to it.

In the end we will pay the price with our pride whilst Ashley continues to reap dividends by using THE biggest club in the North East as an advertisement hoarding for his tacky sports gear.

When we are relegated Kinnear will become manager and most fans will happily go back to SJP to watch the circus@ st james park .

Wonga on toon army faithful

• 109 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM

@Sazzer, we have got rid of 3 English players. 2 of them are defenders and 1 is a goalkeeper. To me, we have to get 2 defenders to step in their shoes. Maybe Simpson is not necessary to be replaced, but I think Perch is critical as a bench player covering DCM, CB, RB, LB. Please don’t tell me Yanga-Mbiwa is considered as the upgraded Perch!

But more importantly, 3 English players. That’s the real issue. How are we going to replace them with 3 quality English players… or even just 3 English players? We should either buy now or identify 3 good players from our pool, but can we?

With the mindset that we need to find 3 quality experienced English players, I actually didn’t mind having Downing in the first place. We have to realize that Quality experienced English players are impossible to be found in the market. No more.

• 110 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Sazzer-Evening mate
    I agree, Why tie up positions with players that are going to have no input on the upcoming season nether less actual play.
    Amalfitano would be best to go back to his homeland and rebuild his career. And as for obertan-Im surprised that we haven’t tried to do some sort of part exchange deal for Gomis or Thaurvin.

• 111 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:36 PM

As of Amalfitano and Obertan, I think Pardew has some responsibility to get the best out of them by not playing hoofball and play them in their best positions. Haven’t seen Amalfitano play, but it seems he’s another Nacho or Ireland… well, if Pardew is brave enough, he would try the youth products like Inman and Miele as mentioned. Even for Adam Campbell, he played well in U21 and reserved. Why can’t he transform those performance into EPL? You may say he’s not ready, but some people’s comment just showed that no one passed the ball to him while he’s in good positions. Tactics? Tactics!

• 112 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Don’t think about the foreign guys now. I think our squad could no longer fit any foreign players before we could get rid of some. Gomis? Alderweied?

• 113 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Now Ed mentioned Anita as the only signing last August. Pardew never used him, so that doesn’t count to me.

• 114 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Sochaux vs Lyon are playing tonight. Anybody know if Gomis will play?

• 115 joeinthecheapseats // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Gfn said he wouldn’t play for them again

• 116 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Jesp,

What more can the bloke do but voice his concerns through the media and to JK? This has to be around the tenth time in 6-7 weeks he has did this.

They pulled LLambias away from him who he was close to. This is all he can do Jesp. It stinks.

Then when the season starts Ashley and Kinnear will hide behind the scenes and pile the pressure on Pardew knowing fine well the squad as a whole is mediocre at best and is lacking in areas.

As for Bent mate, im just using him as an example as to how poor we are and tippy tappy in our recruitment policy. I don’t want him god know, it was just me showing our lack of ambition and how we would be going mental if it was a player like PEA.

Time for work. Have fun lads.

• 117 alkinou // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM

From the BBC site :
    “Premier League longest-serving managers:

- Arsene Wenger – appointed September 1996 – Arsenal

- Alan Pardew – appointed December 2010 – Newcastle United

- Sam Allardyce – appointed June 2011 – Newcastle United

- Martin Jol – appointed June 2011 – Fulham

- Malky Mackay – appointed June 2011 – Cardiff”

Who would have thought that Newcastle would be number two in that list a few years ago?

• 118 GeordieTwo // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Don’t really understand Pardew. First he says we’re still after 2 or 3 then he doesn’t see us doing much late business. But he does think we need another striker? What on earth? What team goes into a new season with 1 fit established striker? How many times have we played with Gouffran up front in case Cisse gets hurt? What is the plan for the club? Is there a plan for the club? It’s so frustrating.

• 119 GeordieTwo // Aug 16, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Some of the supporter comments in the Chronicle are very negative. If I was Ashley I would start taking note. Everyone knows there will be a boat load of TV cash this season and we have balanced the books. It’s very ominous to say the least. Having let go several players there should be money for wages as well. It’s up to you Joe but it might be a good idea to start signing a few players now.

• 120 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I don’t think Perch is great loss considering we got 3 defenders and DM in January. But we should have got more money for him.

• 121 nico // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Surely we can get Sinclair in, either even on loan. He’s the type of player we need.
    Doesn’t even seem like we are bothered.

• 122 JaxtheMag // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM

JK has lined up gomis and bent, Ashley will not spend, tightarse. only 1 man to blame.

• 123 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM

All though Perchinio was not the most gifted he still gave his all and was one of our more consistent performers last season and was sold for a pittance.

• 124 Rooster // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Jonas up and running again a week after a hamstring injury, he may be considered for the CITY game, oh dear Christ mother of god!!!!

• 125 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Pardew usually gives our youngsters their chances in our cup games and but we usually go out early.

Those that impress in those games, like Bigi usually get games in PL as well.

• 126 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM

And pre-season.

• 127 paul24 // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I think some of you just need to calm down a bit and stop listening to what Pardew and Kinnear are saying to the media, they are talking shite. Both of them have shot themselves in the foot a number of times already with there comments on the squad and the transfer window. I understand peoples frustrations and letting the anger out by slagging them off on the blog helps vent that frustration, but you could put it to better use. There a number of people on here who want the same thing as I do, so why not get involved in campaigning to get Ashley out of the club, there are a number of groups looking to get him out, if we dont all stand united against him, he wont go. We all want the same thing, but remember, shy bairns get nowt.

• 128 Rooster // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Day 47 in the big brother transfer window and Alan is still spouting filth by the bucket load, some reckon he is getting fed a line by Hurricane Joe ?!?! surely the public can see through this shister, who goes, u decide!!

• 129 GeordieTwo // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I don’t think it would really take much to satisfy people that we’re moving forward. A young decent winger and a youngish striker would satisfy me for now. But to do nothing would send a very bad message. Most people are assuming we will lose to City but the following 2 games are crucial for Pardew in my view as I’ve said before. We must win at least 1 of them and we must show some decent form and attacking play at home.

• 130 JaxtheMag // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I don’t rate JK OR AP but why does everybody blame them.

• 131 GeordieTwo // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I think this is Ashley’s ultimate test for Pardew. Show he can manage us well with the players he bought in January. That seems to be the message. We must look half decent and get some points in the first few games or Alan is gone. Who knows what comes after him though? Would Ashley actually make Joe manager? Would Joe’s health stand up to it for any length of time?

• 132 cestriasteve // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I was talking with a pretty senior businessman in the north east last night who said he was at a game with both Martinez ( then Wigan) and Mike Ashley and Ashley couldnt understand how Martinaz was being mobbed by the fans when they went for a coffee even though they were bottom 3. Said something along the lines that” if I went out for a coffee in Newcastle I would be linched” laughing his head off !!

To which I replied in good old JFA style……. a Linching is too good for Ashley… I quite literally LOL at my self!!!

• 133 Jail for Ashley // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Haven’t got time to post a lot for the next couple of weeks but some thing that Toon Prodigy said,
    “we can afford them”
    This is so true it is a crying shame,if we are in trouble again come January money will be available to spend on players to hopefully save us from relegation and a huge loss for MA,why can’t that money be spent now to give us a chance of a decent season, once again proving Mashley is prepared to gamble with our failure but not with our success.

• 134 Rooster // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM

JAX, THE MANAGER HAS A TEAM OF INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS WHO DONT PLAY AS A TEAM, THE MANAGER PICKS THE TEAM AND TACTICS, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLADDERED 9 HOME DEFEATS IS BEYOND MADNESS AT SJP.

Sorry bout the caps.

• 135 cestriasteve // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM

JFA, like thump he wont spend until he has sold, probably cabaye, next season it will be Sissoko. Buy em cheap sell them on!! thats his mantra with SD so why change, he probably gets a buzz out of it.

• 136 Jail for Ashley // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Rooster,
    What don’t you lot get, he was brought into the job by Mashley and asked if he could work under tight constraint and keep us in the PL,so far he has done that,he isn’t going anywhere in a hurry !!

• 137 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Haha, just two or three players with the hop of signing at least one? The clubs a disgrace. We need at least 3 major signings this window otherwise it’d be a huge disappointment. I’m hoping we’ll at least sign Alderweireld and Gomis. If Cabaye leaves, I think we’ll go for Siem De Jong and Christian Eriksen in Jan.

• 138 JaxtheMag // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM

yes rooster I agree with u on that,my point is the lack of t.fers. is ashleys fault.

• 139 JaxtheMag // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM

if we sell cabs Ashley will be happy,coz he wont replace him.

• 140 gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb) // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM

@Kets – You really think that 1. If one of players leaves we’ll buy two and 2. That we’d ever spend the money required for Siem de Jong and Eriksen?!!?!

Pardew’s just apparently explicitly said we “might” buy another striker.

In Pardew speak that tends to mean: We’re not spending anything.

• 141 Rooster // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Jail, I know AP is going nowhere he is towing the line, fair enough, I know how MA does business, dosnt mean to say I enjoy the process, we are rolling the dice again, MA loves the thrill of it, but it is hard for us fans without doubt.

• 142 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Kets
    But why not go for the likes of Alderweireld-De jong-Erickson at the beginning of the summer ,And give the whole Nufc fans and everything associated with Newcastle a massive lift.
    Just imagine the transformation on this blog-No negativity-No frustration or anxieties.
    IF ONLY !!

• 143 Mancgeordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Gomis, Thauvin and Alderwield or Sakho get them 3 and we would be a very competitive side

• 144 hugotoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Havent commented in a while but am someone who does have some hope for the season ahead.

1) I think people need to remember that we signed 5 PLAYERS in January. All of which are capable of playing in our starting 11. I know that we all want to see Mike Ashley spending money on quality players and not occasional quality bargains, but I think time has shown under Ashley’s tenure that this club is a business to him and he is unwilling to bankroll ambitous transfers, profits and average finishes in the league are acceptable.

2) The team that came 16th last season was nearly identical to the one that came 5th the season before, whether this was due to losing Ba, Pardews tactics, the ridiculous number of injuries, the Europa League or just poor form I believe we can recapture some of the ability that we had in that great season.

3) Being realistic beside LW and ST our team is solid, and there is still enough time to get two quality players in. Although it is obviously favourable to conduct business early in order to have a stable team I think the managements quest for good deals means that waiting until the end of the window is viewed as ok.

4) In regard to the striker situation and who we’ve been linked with I think that we need to accept that Aubumyang was never going to come, Bent is average, Remy could be brilliant BUT Bony would have been a great deal – That could and should have happened. In effect Gomis is a lesser version of Bony, but if we do get Gomis which now looks unlikely I think that would be a solid acquisition.
    Now with only 2 weeks left I would love to see us buy Sinclair for £5 million (NO MORE GUTIEREZ!) – English, with a point to prove and could help establish a potentially potent 433 formation if Pardew were to see sense. In terms of striker the situation it is harder as there appears to be a lack of quality potential players in our demographic (under 26/low wage/low fee). I think a classic Centre forwad with strength, hold up play and strength would compliment the instinctive finishing of Cisse and the pace of Remy. Gomis if possible or Traore of Anhzi could be a great deal; club in crisis and an absolute monster who could cause havoc in the premiership.

That is all.

• 145 papscrunt // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Not sure De Jong will pass many medicals now. A collapsed lung doesn’t sound great at all.

• 146 scout // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Are city the best 1/3 shot in the history of the premiership?

• 147 check the toastie // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Hugo – 1, We signed decent players who were full of beans when they came, Chelsea game was great, by the end of the season their heads where down. Due to Pardew. Goofy wont play in front of Jonas.

2. We finished 5th as Pardew played 433 for a while with Cisse through the middle, has not done that since. 16th was as good as we deserved last year, don’t see why this season should be different. Pardews making.

3. We arnt solid, we are defensive, 3-0 and 6-0 defeats at home don’t spell SOLID.

4. Gutti will continue to be picked even though he has produced nothing over the last 2 years, incredible stupidity by Pardew.

There is no reason to be optimistic, its all doom and gloom.

• 148 check the toastie // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Scout – think I will re-mortgage my house and stick it all on City, great price that. Bigger cert than Frankel.

• 149 low fell mag // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Just a quick one ,Lyon are currently playing against Schoux .
    Gomis is not playing , and is not in the squad.

• 150 hugotoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Check – I think thats pretty pessimistic! For starters Remy was scoring freely in an awful QPR side, I would be confident in him getting 15 league goals this season. By solid I mean that our starting 11 has enough quality to seriously compete (when in form). In terms of Gutierrez I agree entirely! And in terms of formation I believe if we were to adopt a 433 formation the improvements would be immense.

• 151 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Low fell
    Gomis has today refused a contract extension and has been banished to the reserves

• 152 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:22 PM

No point having a great squad if we will never see them play in a cohesive manner is there? For the football we have on show we’d be better off re-signing Harewood, absolutely no reason why we can’t be playing attractive football week in week out.

• 153 scout // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Check
    Lol class, club in meltdown city have chucked 90 million at it.
    It will have to be a seriously freaky result for us to win. Think we’re 8/1 I wouldn’t take 80s

• 154 scout // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Did you read frankie is on Shea Shea next week

• 155 low fell mag // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:27 PM

jazz. , thanks for that ,theres hope yet .

• 156 low fell mag // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Scout ,would you give me 80s ,I will have score with you !

• 157 stuart no9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM

not a big fan of bent, but the querstion must be asked – why did a’ has been ‘ knock newcastle back and opt for a club like fulham? surely we must be able to compete with a club like fulham ffs – this club just gets more and more of an embarrasment each day this scrooge of an owner is in charge.

• 158 Munster Mag // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Sadly, NUFC fands have all the political instincts of a binliner. Do you think Scousers would have stood by if their precious Anfield had been renamed? Do you think they would have protested if they had had an equivalent chance like we had v Hull with the Sky cameras there for the world to see? You bet they would have. Ashley doesnt like NUFC fans and is taking the piss out of you, but its only now that some of his fans are seeing this and realising they’ve been duped.

• 159 scout // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Low fell
    I wouldn’t take 80/1, I also wouldn’t lay it at 80s I would never be able to post again if it landed for ya lol

• 160 low fell mag // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Stuart @ 157 probably something to do with the bright lights of the big fat city .
    Then again he could have looked at Nufc blog and read all the negative shite that people post on here !

• 161 low fell mag // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Scout, all mouth

• 162 Thump // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Does anybody know what the crack is with the half time entertainment?

• 163 daztoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Maybe Bent saw the service the strikers get at the Toon

• 164 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Would anyone be happy with the signings of just Alderweireld and Gomis?

• 165 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Krul

Debuchy Alderweireld Mbiwa Santon

Sissoko

Ben Arfa Marveaux Gutierrez

Gomis/Cisse Remy

• 166 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

We could be tempted to play Anita on the left wing.

• 167 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

We DO need a new manager. Pardew plays players out of position and doesn’t drop players when we’re playing poorly. Get rid and bring in Temuri Ketsbaia or Sven.

• 168 check the toastie // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

scout – did see that, not a massive dettori fan, bit of a w#nker for me, however fancy the horse, had 50 on Tiger Cliff today for the Ebor, just booked me digs and going next Saturday, will be more fun than watching another home performance.

• 169 The puppy formerly known as prince // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I’m as disgusted with the way club is being run as much as anyone but I’m living in the hope that Ashley is as embarrassed as any one with Pardews performance last season, to that end he realised he done ok in the Jan transfer window and is deliberately holding back to see if he’s going to sack Pardew. That way when he appoints a new manager come the Jan transfer window he’ll be able to give them £50m +. Or I might just be drinking!

• 170 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM

The puppy
    you must be plastered mate lol

• 171 ronjohno // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I just wish he would shut up

• 172 check the toastie // Aug 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Thump – yep I heard Tiote and Gutti were going to do keepy uppeys at half time, currently their respective records are 2 and 3. Should be fun.

Also Heard Joe is gunna dress up as Gary Glitter and sing Karaoke to Glitters ‘do you wanna be in my gang’ he still thinks Glitter is everyone’s favourite, god bless.

• 173 check the toastie // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM

puppy – good thinking, I think you might be on to something. not……………..

• 174 stuart no9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM

low fell mag @160 yeah your right, – or maybe he just thought – why the f/.ck deo i want to play for a circus of a football team that is run by clowns, that have no ambition what so ever , and are not prepared to spend a few quid to fix the disasterous season last year where they nearly got relegated ( again ) even though he has a house in the area and newcastle would have been the perfect club for him , or he chooses the bright lights of the south? somehow i dont thinks so . mm its a puzzle.

• 175 The puppy formerly known as prince // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I wouldn’t mind if Pardew would just come out and say publicly that the board has let him down on player recruitment – but the man is spineless. Honesty would be a massive step forward.

• 176 tom68 // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Low Fell Mag

I will lay you 80-1 you pompous arrogant pr#ck.
    Get back to your scummy grocers you mug and let the real supporters who follow NUFC from all around the world talk about our club. Climb back up Ashleys hole where you belong.

• 177 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Kets…Did you really just say that we could play Anita on the RW and then in your next post criticise Pardew for playing players out of position?

• 178 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Are we back on the we wouldn’t mind Alan so much if he was honest with us about transfers and openly criticised Ashley? :)

Give over.

• 179 The puppy formerly known as prince // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I totally believe honesty from within is the only way we’ll ever get change in the regime, it may not be all the change we want but we may get rid of Pardew.

• 180 nufc7lad // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Obertan
    Marveux
    Sh Ameobi

• 181 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Ibizatoon
    How are ya mate
    Keeping that white isle warm for my next venture out there.

• 182 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Puppy…I don’t disagree with that at all, but do people really honestly expect a man, like Pardew, to come out and say how he feels let down and that the club are being tight (this isn’t me actually saying they are, I haven’t looked in to the accounts well enough), knowing full well it will cost him his job?

It’s just not going to happen is it? He will have been hired to do a job under certain constraints, for all we know, these are those constraints…or maybe they are simply holding out for better deals and naively think everything is ok?

Who knows, but i think you’re in for a long wait if you want Pardew to openly start slating the board.

• 183 stan anderson // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM

We are actively pursuing 2 or 3 players eh!Is it 2 or is it 3.please does any one know IT is probably 0.

• 184 Toon1978 // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Still have my fingers crossed for a few signings. Alderweireld would be great signing but i don’t think the club will even try. Sinclair would have been a great capture but it seems we where slow on the uptake OR we weren’t even in for him at all. Thauvin would be really pushing the boat out and i would show real ambition, to much ambition for Mr Ashley to cope with. Not sure on Gomis to be fair, not seen anything of him but we really missed the boat in regards to PEA. Player of that calibre must be playing CL Football tbf and Dortmund was a great choice for the lad. What i would give to have A.Shearer, R.Lee and P.Beardsley in their prime at NUFC once again lol.

• 185 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

jazzyp…Hello mate, all good here, hope things are with you too.

I’ve actually been trying to cool it down…unsuccessfully I should add. I’m still baffled that 4 ice cubes in front of my fan doesn’t cool the island down.

• 186 The puppy formerly known as prince // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Just going through newsnow – and there’s an article on professional football medicals I thought was quite good.

Worth a read if your bored of chatting with the wife on a Friday!

• 187 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM

stan…Seeing as this in Kinnears list, I’m amazed they have it within such fine margins.

2 or 3 is fairly spot on as for as JK is concerned.

Toon1978…Now why would you go and say something like that and get me all depressed?

Okay, let’s do some dreaming, Adam Campbell to take the league by storm and fire Newcastle back in to Europe….No pressure though lad…

Just in case anyone went along with that, I feel it my duty to bring you back to the blogs level of enthusiasm and optimism, therefore…

And once Campbell succeeds and scores 20 goals by Christmas, Ashley sells him for £50m, doesn’t spend a penny of it in January and we get relegated at the end of the season.

Okay, I think everything is as it was before my post…yep, cool, sorted.

• 188 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Ibizatoon
    You have let me down big time.
    Cannot believe you on this blog at half ten on the party isle-Or have you just woken up from the night before lol

• 189 dubzy // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Bo Allen ?@Allen1Bo 1m
    NY Yankees boss in talks with fat mike about buying him out of NUFC … heard it on a few other social sites .. please be true.1min ago

• 190 The puppy formerly known as prince // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Ibiza @ 182 – No I don’t think he’ll ever come out and say it either but we can always hope. A bit like Bellamy in his interview after Finland if only all footballers and managers were like that.

• 191 Jail for Ashley // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Nobody seems to be entertaining the idea that we weren’t even seriously in for Bent in the first place he was just being used as a pawn in the pursuit of the loan deal for Remy as was the interest in Gomis, we knew from the start there would be agents fees just another excuse now that Remy is in the bag, the club seems to be getting built on a foundation of deceit and lies.

• 192 Pokat // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Why would an American owner be any better than Mikey? If you thought we were. Being controlled by a cold super merchant now -

• 193 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Dubzy
    Evening mate-Could this be all toons fans early Christmas present.
    I personally think if the right offer came along he would sell in a flash.

• 194 dubzy // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM

• 195 dubzy // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

maybe thas why theres no transfer activaty ^^

• 196 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Just finished Sochaux-Lyon. I don’t get why or no one is not even bidding on one year left of contract Boudebouz. He would flourish in our team. He can play both AM and Winger.

So we could switch:
    Arfa Boudebouz
    Remy Cisse

Arfa Boudebouz Remy
    Cisse

• 197 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM

jazzyp…I’ve let you down? I’ve let myself down? :)

It’s pretty busy for me at the minute, so I’m being selective with when I abuse myself.

Burning the candles at both ends is fine occasionally, over the season in Ibiza it’s suicide.

Man, writing that makes me feel old. Where are my slippers?

puppy…Thanks for that, an interesting read. Be interesting to see what goes down at a Newcastle medical…

Can’t watch the youtube video at the moment, due to internet, but I think I get the sentiment. I am a big believer in honesty in the bets policy, from truth we can plan and then grow, however, it is sad that the idea of honesty is naive in todays world…not just business world either which is a conversation for another time I feel like depressing the life out of me :)

I expect miss-truths, all I really want to see from my football team is some fight and spirit. Hopefully with some actual football to watch, they might have a chance to show us some. I don’t know about you, but I am bored to death of having to go over the inner workings of a football club, it feels like a full time job some days…and I’m looking for less work.

Dubzy….I really don’t know whether to be excited about a new owner. In theory it’s great, but it all comes down to what the new owner wants and what they’re able to deliver.

• 198 The puppy formerly known as prince // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Thing is talking about selling and doing it are two different things, our club isn’t great at getting deals “across the line”

• 199 dubzy // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

@Ibizatoon

i agree m8 but no1 can be as tight as this f*****g owner

• 200 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Sazzer…Weren’t we linked with him in the past? I don’t know much about him at all, how is he as a winger? IMO our current “wingers” are more suited to other positions and can do a job, so to speak, on the wing.

Not that I wouldn’t always welcome new talent to the team…but it looks like we’re going to have to be picky this summer.

Jail…I’m not sure I could face the world in which we weren’t seriously in for Bent….actually…it sounds quite a decent place.

• 201 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM

puppy…I’m trying to work out this mysterious line…it does seem that most of the time, not all of the time mind, that selling seems to be easier than buying…so maybe not such a complication after all.

• 202 scout // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Low fell
    When did I say I’d lay us at 80/1 ???
    I said I wouldn’t take 80s, are you posting from a rubber room coz you should be in one son

• 203 geordie157 // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Sazzer

Have to agree i’m not sure why no one has moved for boudebouz or corchia. I’ve only seen the odd sochaux but both have looked good, so wonder with boudebouz if he’s not consistent or something, or simply just overlooked.

• 204 Pokat // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM

No doubt avout it if the right price was offered Mike would leave SJP without even reaching into his desk drawer for his mars bar and banana.

But who woukd we want to buy NUFC? A pair of chicken farmers? A detached US ‘football’ or baseball tycoon? Even though we might not like it, Mr A may be the devil we know. He’s got almost half a season to surprise us or live down to our expectations.

• 205 The puppy formerly known as prince // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM

It would be nice if he sold – there again we got the tightest Billionaire ever when he bought off free spending Millionaires Hall and Shepherd – so somewhere in the middle would be just nice. Don’t need to oil barons just realistic rich boys willing to spend a sensible penny.

• 206 yo-yo // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Dubzy

Ashley owns about 4.2% of Rangers which is about £1m. There is currently a power struggle going on between two factions on the Board with the Green led very dodgy businessman side currently just about holding the balance of power. Jim McColl is the other side of the equation. Shares are trading – but only about £500k was reportedly sold this last week. It is not known whose side Ashley is on yet. A 51% controlling interest in Rangers would be about £12.5m – cheaper than PEA (unless the share price changes). Thc club is in total turmoil at Board level.

• 207 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Dubzy
    IT would make a lot of sense with how Ashley has totally distanced himself from the club .
    There has been quite a few rumours of internal cost cutting. Would somebody with more knowledge of law be able to let me know if Mashley is entitled to Keep the £60 mill tv rights, Or is that the rights of Nufc

• 208 scout // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Check
    Nice one mate I’m down Thursday and Friday. Possibly Saturday if I win anything. Can’t wait should be a cracker. Like the look of well sharp my pal backed it at York when it won at 16/1 fran berry rode it

• 209 Pokat // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Yeah for a billionaire he doesn’t throw cash around our place much does he? Here we are wondering if he will spring any more than ten mill on a player and ten mill is like a trolley pound to him ha ha

• 210 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM

We still need another striker & a left footed winger that can cross a ball as Marveaux is the only player in our squad that can knock a decent ball in.

• 211 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM

And we can also reveal he turned down the chance to sell to Manchester City owner Sheik Mansorour bin Zayed Al Nahyaon.
    Still guts me now every time I read that statement.
    From day one this guy has been a disgrace to be called the owner of nufc

• 212 toon kk // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Jail@191
    Totally agree. There’s alot of lies and fobbing off going on within the club. We’ll get the excuse we tried, truth is MA doesn’t want to spend.

• 213 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Boudebouz would be a good coup at £4m.

• 214 Pokat // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I would get Boudebouz because I am absolutely certain someone would make a mint song about him :)

• 215 Pokat // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM

So Gomis then, what’s that all about eh?

• 216 The puppy formerly known as prince // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

As a club we must have a linked to and actually bought ratio higher than any club in history – we’ve been linked to every man man and his dog and only signed a crocked alleged rapist in on loan. Del and Rodney had a better business portfolio than NUFC.

• 217 t00ntime // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

@jazzyp comment 2 or so.

Dont know if someone pointed it out yet but its been widely reported that MA has given JK 20mil to spend. AP said himself the buisness is now up to Jk.

The only one to blame for lack of spending is JK. He has 18mil to find a ST and a winger…. Surely he can do that. (Apparently not :S)

• 218 spitfire_ // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Ketsbaia9

Just tell me one thing… what is the point in every single post to say who we need who we should buy when you know that this ain’t gonna happen?

• 219 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM

jazzy….I am no expert, but surely the TV rights money is to the club and not Ashley personally. Whilst I know there are ways to, say manipulate, figures and accounts in favourable ways, or so my dog once told me, that is a huge lump of money that can’t just disappear. However, there is that loan kicking about….

puppy…Do you want to be anymore specific? Inside leg measurement maybe? :) Sounds nice mate, not too many of them around though really. I mean, many of the big clubs aren’t even set up that way. Not too many nice people involved in big money, personally I don’t trust any of them any further than the fact that most of them want to protect their investment.

• 220 JAMSHA // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM

hmmm remy out upto a month… so with no transfer its the same fokn squad n pardew is happy with…. mothafka with the same squad u couldnt even get us in top 15th…. if this FAT M.A would hav sold us the arabs we would have seen epl trophy at sjp…. will we ever see a epl, fa cup, cl, europa cup trophy at sjp????? :-S im grown old n m not sure will ever see any trophy in my life untill a arab givs us a hope

• 221 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

t00ntime…Widely reported, but widely believed?

It’s easy to say the money is available, doesn’t mean it is. That isn’t to say I don’t believe the money can’t or wont be made available, just that I don’t think we can know anything for certain…especially that Ashley is Mr. Innocent. He has shown that when he wants to, he can move very fast. Despite popular opinion, the guy clearly isn’t that stupid. My feeling is, he is probably getting just about what he wants or he’d do something about it. As always though, just an observation.

• 222 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

We have been linked with him. Latest I heard was that Southampton was scouting him against Evian last weekend. He’s been linked like all players to Liverpool and I think also Aston Villa.

He’s said he ready to move on now.

• 223 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Toontime
    Ashley promised £20 mill every summer transfer window. Did we see it last year mate.
    He only did it out of necessity in January to stop this club falling from grace in to the championship

• 224 Bearsize // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Yeah yeah the club is getting sold yawn yawn! Wait until we win a few games and all will be forgotton. MA just trying to lift everones spirits, dont believe a thing until hes holding up the rangers top

• 225 Ibizatoon // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Well then, it’s been a pleasure…but it’s almost midnight…..best be to bed and ready for another fun filled day of silly season.

Goodnight all.

• 226 paul24 // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I saw that thing on winnersport earlier about him wanting to sell, if only.

• 227 stan anderson // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM

This could be why no transfers are happening.No i dont think so,we are destined to suffer this nightmare for ever.

• 228 jazzyp // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM

TTfn ibiza

• 229 JackButler // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM

If Ashley has indeed made 20 million available then you can bet that that money has to include transfer fee, agent’s fee’s and players wages and not simply transfer fee’s

• 230 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM

He’s more like Ben-arfa than Remy as winger but also has more of playmaking side to his game and great left foot cross.

• 231 geordie157 // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I like Lacazette of Lyon, he’s a bit like Menez style wise

• 232 JackButler // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

• 233 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Yeah Lyon have quality upcoming players in Grenier, Benzia, Lacazette.

Aulas would never sell anyone of them on the cheap.

• 234 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM

When it says Rangers, is it Texas Rangers?

• 235 JackButler // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Pizzicato

I couldn’t care less if it’s the Power Rangers tbh as long as he goes and take’s Kinnear and Pardew with him

• 236 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I thought NY Yankees and Man City are doing a project getting a team in MLS. If so, why would the Yankees owner buy us?

• 237 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

JB, LOL, Kinnear is a good Football coach. Oh wait, that’s American Football. and Texas Ranger is a Baseball team… I know he’s gonna be a drunken homeless man in US.

Pardew? He’s going to be a comedian here coz his talk is trash and he acts like he knows something.

• 238 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Ray Ryan could only stand his own bullshit for like 5 sentences.

Winnersports?

• 239 paul24 // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM

@JackButler 234

I’m with you on that, best not to get our hopes up just yet though, I’m gonna wait and see if this story starts to bear fruit before I start dancing in the street ;)

• 240 Pizzicato The Arizona Geordie // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM

@Sazzer, as an American, I have never heard of Winnersports.

• 241 lesh // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 16,

Re mark Douglas observation on Ashley appointing Kinnear over a few drinks:

I seem to remember saying as much a few weeks ago on this very site. I’m not suggesting that mr Douglas trawls sites for copy but it seems that great minds think alike.

• 242 stuart no9 // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:25 PM

jack butler @ 231 — sorry jack but that article must be years old. the fact it says ‘ we can reveal he turned down the chance to sell to the man c owners is common knowledge and has been for a long time , so that makes me think the article is an old one with a new date on it .

• 243 Rake // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM

If Ashely sold up to a big American company and we say investement anywhere near the level of spurs and liverpool I would be awfully excited… in reality I’m still excited to see that new signing play a couple of games what’s his name? Anita?

• 244 lesh // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM

jazzyp @ 222.

He did not promise £20m every season. This has been explained before. The money he put in to the club to clear shepherds debts, was £100 or so millionaire and over five years that’s equivalent to about £20m a year. Equivalent being the key word.

Hope that helps relieve an anxiety!

• 245 paul24 // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I think that winnersports story is this one with a different date.

• 246 Sazzer // Aug 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM

It’s not directly Sky sports. Not even Sportdirectnews. It’s one of those copy and paste type of site — click-journalism is what it is.

• 247 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I was at braga game. Same old pardew mince and dumplings. What does he scribble in that recipe book? It doesnt matter who we sign, pardew couldnt crack an egg. The bloke is clueless and will be gone within a few weeks. Seems delia knows the right ingredients for a good dish.

• 248 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Lesh, what were the exact words about what ashley was going to invest?

• 249 Mister Tuff // Aug 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM

scout/tom68 – I really thought you boys had done it earlier on by having the audacity to post items that that bloke does not agree with, what’s his name again, I think it’s Low Fell Mug or one of the lads calls him that – he’s the mad greengrocer from the Heed. Usually just gives people abuse and fails to answer questions like have the Toon done anything you do not agree with or this seasons league predictions.
    Looks like he’s gone now – I think selling fruit and veg has really effected him . I imagine him now as the image below.

• 250 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Dodged a bullet with bent. Good job joe has more sense than pardew.

• 251 Mister Tuff // Aug 17, 2013 at 12:27 AM

yo-yo -as I understand it Ashleys stake in Rangers is just under 10%. Apparently as he is involved with another club, us, the rules state you cannot own 10% or more than 10% in another club. Do not have a source but read it many times previously when El Gourdo first got involved with Rangers.

• 252 We are the mags // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:38 AM

A broken record springs to mind

• 253 lesh // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Blackley and Brownlie @ 248 (now they were a pair of full-backs!)

Haven’t a clue what his exact words were.

It seems so long ago that hopes were raised….. hey ho.

previous post: Pardew – Bent Decided To Go Elsewhere – Joe Is Working Hard