The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

No Offer Matches What Bafe Gomis Wants – The Bundesliga?

1:14 am, Saturday, August 17th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 58 Comments

Newcastle have been involved in trying to get Bafe Gomis to Newcastle for weeks now, but the Tyneside club have not been successful in getting the French International to Newcastle, but it’s very unlikely that Bafe will want to stay at Lyon, unless he stays to become a free agent next summer.

bafetimbi gomis -lyon-2-buts_20735_w460

Bafe Gomis – he now wants to play in Germany – really?

And while Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas would now like Gomis to sign a new extended deal and stay at the club,  that’s highly unlikely.

And after Lyon’s 3-1 win against Sochaux last night, this is what Aulas had to say:

“The Bafetimbi situation is still complex,” “There are currently no offers that match what he wants. He wants to play in Germany.”

“If you look at the interest of both parties, it is that Bafetimbi comes back in the team and helps us in our hopes of qualifying for the Champions League.”

“Life is often much harder than a footballer’s one, who seeks to change a club, but can return to his team.” “We need to know quickly what he will do.”

“The situation has been sufficiently described and discussed.”   “For now, the players on the field are getting the job done.”

That’s the first time we’ve heard Bafe wants to play in Germany,  because before he said he wanted to play at Newcastle and move to England.

Of course we don’t know what game the Lyon President is playing, but Aulas has managed to annoy his top striker by he clumsy way in which he has handled this situation, which started when Aulas decided he wanted to sell Gomis so he wouldn’t leave next year on a free transfer.

This story has not reached it’s conclusion yet.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

58 responses so far ↓

• 1 Charlietoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Threads threads threads!

• 2 Charlietoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Awaiting “repost from last thread” comments

• 3 krijo // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM

go charlie its suger

• 4 manxpie // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:37 AM

charlie you forgot to say “first!”
    but here’s the repost :)

what an utterly depressing blog this has been this summer!
    jesus we’ve actually got a good team ya know!!?
    all fit infact we’ve got a great team but i’ve already seen on here “sell cabeye!” “sell arfa” or staylors shit cisse’s crap he can’t stay on side!!
    how about actually supporting the team and having a wee bit of optimism it won’t kill ya like!?

• 5 krijo // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:37 AM

lokking forward to a forward will sign……

• 6 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM

This president is ridiculous.

He would fit very well into our regime at the moment haha.

Bafe would crawl to Newcastle, Sissoko has said as much hasn’t he?

Bless them.

• 7 krijo // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:40 AM

manxpie i agree. We have a really good team! its just a shame we don’t have a really god manager to take us forward!

• 8 manxpie // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:49 AM

krijlo well i’m afraid if ya looking for god ya on the the wrong blog mate
    but this same manager got us to 5th in the pl with a team that didn’t have many injuries or alot of extra games!
    so how about ya just see wat might happen and be enthusiastic about the club ya support?
    again it won’t kill ya but depression might :)

• 9 krijo // Aug 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM

well manxpie.. thats kind of all i CAN do.. to see what happen. he got us to a 5th place, a lucky 5th place. but still, all i want is for the team to recoup that 5th place! i just cant see that happening with pardew! please prove me wrong pardew…. HWTL

• 10 jimmysmith // Aug 17, 2013 at 3:24 AM

I think we are being hampered as much by Joes inability to ship a couple more out to create a little more breathing space salary and fees wise for incoming prospects as much as anything else. I think they need one or two squadies out before they are happy to bring another heavy hitter in on bigger money. If they’d found takers for Gos and Obama for example, I think Gomis would have been likely over the line.

• 11 jimmysmith // Aug 17, 2013 at 3:26 AM

auto cue can go suck a big one!

• 12 paul24 // Aug 17, 2013 at 4:05 AM

@ jimmysmith

Ashley, spending money, you must be mad :P

• 13 JP...from The Rock // Aug 17, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Boring…NUFC just love making a drama out of things and so does the Lyon president apparently. I really hope we sign someone straight after the Man City match. We’ll really need a boost then.

• 14 gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb) // Aug 17, 2013 at 4:48 AM

don’t really want Gomis to be honest. I just don’t rate him. Poor decision making, clumsy touch, poor timing of runs.

I just desperately hope we sign a forward who can play on the left! Boudebouz scored last night, he could be a pretty good signing.

• 15 LeToonARMY // Aug 17, 2013 at 5:00 AM

I THINK WE WILL GET A DAW ON MONDAY !!!
    I HOPE WE WIN THO, IMO THIS IS OUR BEST SQUAD ATM ___________________KRUL___________________
    ___DEBUCHY___COLLO___M’BIWA____SANTON__
    ____________TIOTE_________SISSOKO_________
    _____BEN ARFA___CABAYE____GUTTIEREZ____
    __________________CISSE____________________

SUBS:
    TAYLOR
    ANITA
    MARVEUX
    GOUFFRAN
    AMEOBI

• 16 check the toastie // Aug 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM

LeToon – You picked Jonas?

I am horrified at the thought of Monday, we are in big trouble.

• 17 jackostoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM

paul24,
    Your post from the previous thread.
    We are going to be planning a sit in after a few of the games this season, nothing official but yet but it will be on the cards if we get the numbers. I’ve been playing the boycott card for ages but most fans are just too stubborn, they think by going to matches they are supporting the team, when they are actually supporting the regime.
    I’m sorry kidda for I must be the most stubborn of people, or more correctly, the thickest person in the world, as I was never made aware, although I should of realised if I wasn’t so thick, that when I attend a newcastle game, whether it is at home or away, that I’m actually there to support the regime, as you put it, not the team, how silly do I feel now? The penny should have dropped when everyone around me was singing the names of those in the numerous boardrooms we’ve had and not the players names. Good luck with your facebook quest, if I wasn’t so stubborn, I may of joined it myself. TOON TOON

• 18 sparky55 // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:06 AM

sky have just shown two sets of great goals from last season…and guess what…not one from newcastle

They’ve also said it’s the most open league for many a year and showed the managers who could be in contention…guess what…Pardew was missing like he has been for years.

jesus have far we’ve fallen

• 19 TorqToon // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Manx @4 – Excellent post. Some people on here are so blinkered they can’t see the quality our squad has.

Yes pardew isn’t the best manager we could have, but we are stuck with him. Our whole training this pre season is based around a switch in mentality to a more attacking style.

We have him, he isn’t going anywhere, so just back the team, the manager and roll on the coming season. Not expecting anything from Monday so hopefully the display will show promise and the blog won’t descend into chaos after 1 game!

Here’s hoping!

Morning gents! :-)

• 20 Fridge // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Sparky
    When will cabaye be sold and spending spree start as you said it would? Anymore info?

• 21 nico // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM

We need to concentrate on bringing in some good young English talent instead of all these French players. I’m not to fussed about Gomis now. Lets go for Sinclair, Hughes and Ince.

• 22 nico // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I remember when Wonga sponsored us and the uproar it caused. I personally don’t like it but remember hearing, well it could bring in a couple of players. That plus the extra 20-30 million Sky money.
    So, where are the extra quality players????

• 23 Fridge // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Morning Torq
    I have been missing your posts over the summer. Im glad the season starts today. Will find out soon enough where our team stands. Pundits in norway had us finishing 8th.

• 24 NUFCarter // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I hope so but poor bloody rangers if they end up with ashley. The sportsdirect Ibrox…

• 25 jackostoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Morning all,
    Sorry about my little rant earlier, just finished night shift, so a little bit ratty.
    Torq, low fell mag mentioned a couple of days ago that the gomis deal may well be back on, have you heard anything regarding this on your side of the water.

• 26 nut meg // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

TORQ TOON@ 19
    Morning Torq,how right you are.I hope people get behind the team because we need as much help as we can get.As the saying goes” I wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with some of these people” It’s getting nearer, now it’s time to be more positive & try to give the team that extra man feeling.

• 27 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Now I am a person who thinks you should voice your opinion and you should not go along with sonething you cannot agree with!

…blind faith have never really served anyone and if you are not happy with something then try and change it!

Now that’s a life lesson for everyone, let the day begin :-)

Morning everyone!

• 28 jazzyp // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Good morning guys
    Nufccarter-can you imagine the position we would be in if mashley would have sold nufc to the sheik instead of going on the razzle with the cockney mafia.
    Im not holding my hopes up for monday night,its the performance that matters to me and i think will hold a precident for the upcoming season. Nobody is wanting us to take a hammering as it will feel like last seasons pitfalls will be coming back to haunt us again

• 29 jackostoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM

nut meg,
    As long as you don’t attend the games, sing songs or call out players names, because, as paul24 puts it, you’ll be supporting the regime, not the team. Lining myself up for bucket fulls of abuse, going to bed shortly so don’t really care.

• 30 jackostoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Morning Jesper,
    I’m still trying to convince the bairn to let me loose on her computer but she’s being rather resilient, I’ll keep trying though.

• 31 SeanNufc87 // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM

morning lads!

good luck with your boycotting guys! seems people are struggling to get tickets for the west ham game.

get the feeling people just want to be part of something bigger than themselves? here’s the dirty little secret though… as a fan, your already part of a massive thing, its called Newcastle United FC and its bigger than any individual, be it me, you, pardew, ashley or cisse, but its only so big BECAUSE of us, take us away and your just lowering the standing of the club.

Ashley loses a few quid from it, completely negligible to him im sure, because then all he needs do is allow less money be spent on players and improvements to recoup the losses.

what exactly is the reason behind it anyhow?

because we have only signed one player? even though theres still time? a pre emptive strike?

because pardew is still here? before we EVEN kick a ball?

or is it because your jealous of norwich? sunderland?

nothing good will be gained from any of it. you wont get MA to sell up because you have looked into your crystal ball and its told you things are going to be bad this season. a few people sitting around after a game will NOT make him forget the club owes him 100m and get him to sell.

• 32 Yohancabaye4 // Aug 17, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Good morning gents

our coaching is awful, we have excellent player but still we can’t play good football

• 33 breno95 // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Letoon
    A solid line up there mate. However, unless jonas and tiote have shown brilliant form in preseason i would swap tiote for Anita and gouffran for jonas.

Like the formation but the question that will be answered for us all on monday night is has Pardew changed his style of play and can he get them playing quick, 2 touch pass n move football.
    Sadly i dont think so. Yes 2-3 more new faces would be good. For me a new CB. Blanc has confirmed Sakho wants out or Alderwiereld is available. Sinclair is available or ryad boudebouz wud be a gud shout and a CF but not Gomis.
    The squad is good but the level of footie rests at the managers door.

• 34 Tommyy // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Torq – I think it’s blinkered of people to expect a dramatic change of fortune for no reasons whatsoever. What’s changed since last season? We’ve brought in a fitness consultant and are not in Europe. Nothing there makes me feel we’ll improve drastically.

Yes we’ve got a decent squad, but we’re rudderless and can barely tread water In terms of quality shown. I’d love nothing more than to be proven wrong and see us play slick football and get a few good results. It’s never going to happen though. As ever we’ll stutter through games looking like a league 1 side and then Pardew will roll out excuse after bloody excuse.

• 35 Slatymag // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Santon out eh? Looks like Taylor with Colo and MYM on the left then. Could be worse.

• 36 SeanNufc87 // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM

breno

i think you will see more of the same on monday but thats more due to the oposition and the fact we are away, but i beleive the other games will be more like we are hoping for.

• 37 SeanNufc87 // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM

tommyy

why not use your theory and apply it to the season before last? if you can say not much has changed then surely the same applies to season before last?

• 38 jackostoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM

SeanNUFC87.
    Good morning, I couldn’t of put it better myself, I’m too stubborn maybe.
    I must bid everyone goodnight as the light of my life has arisen.
    Au revoir, Mon amis, I hope that’s right

• 39 Slatymag // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM

MYM might be a little more disciplined anyway, which I reckon is no bad thing against Navas. To be fair anything less than 4-0 will do me. Live in hope though, live in hope!

• 40 Ben3arfa // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Morning gents

Will Kinnear play as left back vs City?
    Hs he locked up Massadio Haidara in the changing rooms or something?

Fat turd

• 41 daztoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

The game v Man City will see if Pardew has learnt anything from last season but I doubt it.The first game at home v City he started defensively and they ripped us apart.So what did he do in the away fixture started exactly the same and again they ripped us a new one.I expect the same Monday ,but as always being a Toon supporter live in hope that just maybe the penny will drop and the clown will see the error of his ways

• 42 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Bloody hell
    moan moan moan seems like some people are not happy unless we sign a bucket load of players, spend millions, sack the manager, get rid of the board. Bring in a sheik with billions – the way the Middle East is Shitty could be up shit creek in a couple of years.

Shit man our 1st eleven is better than most in the premiership.

heres a question – How many teams starting eleven is better than ours.

Our problem is getting our players to play as a coherent unit.

and I think that is down to the manager who needs to get it working in the first half dozen games

• 43 SeanNufc87 // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Charlie

Take note people! THATS how you get your feelings across about pardew, not PARDEW OUT!!!!!

little positivity people!

Up the toon!

• 44 Noah Another Ameobi // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM

who thinks that if obertan was to take some tips from gouffran he could be a good little impact sub

• 45 Tommyy // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Sean – For me the season before last was an anomaly in Pardew’s career, helped immensely by more investment (Cabaye, Ba, Marv, Santon, Obertan) which created a good atmosphere, coupled with it being a year where many teams were in transition and therefore struggled relative to their normal performance.

Whereas last season was a mirror image of what is happening now,
    Without the wave of optimism following our 5th place. Please have some thought before you immediately make a counter statement!

• 46 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM

SeaNufc87
    thanks for the support
    No boycott for me I’ll be there!!!!!!!!

• 47 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Thank goodness for Sean telling me what to think and how to behave.

Now if he comes around my house and does up my shoelaces too …

PARDEW FOR ENGLAND!

• 48 Goodfella // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM

With no signings I fear we are a couple of injury’s away from disaster and for a club the size of us that is just shameful :(

• 49 Tommyy // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Noah – that’s almost like saying ‘If Obertan was born with a different genetic make up, who think he’d make a good little impact sub’ haha. Wish it could be so, but the guy’s just not a footballer and never will be. He’s got a good management team though getting him this far.

• 50 daztoon // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM

On paper our first team looks better than most teams outside the top six.People seem to forget the first 11 we as supporters think is our best team,Pardew’s is different.As is his mentality on how the game is played out.Maybe one day he will work out the best way to defend is by keeping hold of the ball and going forward.

• 51 jazzyp // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Sean@31
    Morning mate and well said !!
    Charlie in the gallowgate
    Personally I would sooner Ashley have sold us to the sheik and be run like Man city than the shambolic way the Hierarchy run this club.
    Yes people are moaning but can you really not see why. Your good self-me-all the fans of nufc all want the best for Newcastle and im afraid that will not happen under the current regime.
    Go on any other blog mate and its not the voice of a few, But the voice of thousands that have had enough. Im not a Ashley hater or Pardew hater and I wont be one of the protesters, Because like shaun said this will not achieve anything. But I can totally understand why the fans are taking these measures as enough is enough.

• 52 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Shearer is a legend of the club and was an absolutely amazing player for us, but yet again I think he’s opening his mouth to talk about our club when it’s not helpful. Why criticise the club for the number of Frenchmen in the squad on the eve of the season?

I know he’s a fan too but does he realise the impact that his words have on the players and other people at our club? I don’t want to see these people have to come out and contradict a club legend so I really think he shouldn’t make comments like this in public. Roy Keane does it about Man Utd sometimes too but people like Gary Neville manage to say the right things without causing controversy.

• 53 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Charlie

6 better teams than us and maybe Everton have a better starting 11 by a shade…but I reckon we have the slightly better squad.

Jazzyp

You’re talking about the vocal minority my friend, there are loads of infrequent posters on here who have sided with my optimistic (and yet realistic at the same time) stance on the club and the coming season, but there are a few disaffected people who just love to shout about it. It’s easier to just have a go at the club rather than really understand the issues we are currently facing and what is happening about them.

• 54 Tommyy // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Our main issue is controlling the midfield, or at least utilising it when we have the ball. This could be rectified by better movement by all players, drifting into space and creating options, thus allowing the confidence to grow. Rather than these stupid little one two’s the a ball played back to the defense who hoof it. The passes have to inject pace and movement into our play.

Someone hit the nail on the head a couple of weeks ago saying we have good individual players but they’ve never been part of a coherent team set up, citing France national squad for example.

• 55 Marty-Toon // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM

My team for City but i don’t think it Matteus who we put out,a point would be a real plus and 3 would be miraculous

___________________KRUL___________________
    ___DEBUCHY___COLLO/TAYLS___M’BIWA____SANTON__
    ____________TIOTE/COLLO_________SISSOKO_________
    _____BEN ARFA___CABAYE____GOUFFRAN/MARVEAU____
    __________________CISSE____________________

would like to see how Collo would do in DM instead of Tiote as Chelsea did with Luiz and with the way Collo controls a ball he should fit well there,thus freeing up Cabaye to stay further forward

• 56 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Is it part of being a fan that people seem to think they know more about management than Pardew, more about spotting a player than Carr and more about running a multi-million pound football club (business) than Ashley?

I have to say that I pay more attention to people who question certain decisions than those who just attack and are so certain that they are right.

• 57 jazzyp // Aug 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Tds
    Morning mate-Shearer is God in my eyes, Simple. There will never be anybody like him again.And is hard like you say to question some one who you respect so much for what he did for Nufc, But he is a little naughty with his views and may be should be a bit more conservative, As his voice carries weight around Newcastle more than the average joe blog .

• 58 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I´d say we should finish 8-9th if the squad can stay injury free and we had a good manager.

I would say 13-14th with Pardew and injury free.

As I genuinely have no faith in Pardew I expect us to start the season as we ended it.
    Nothing whatsoever has changed, why should the results.

I don´t care if someone disagrees.
    I think fans should post what they think and feel themselves.
    Join some “optimism only” clique if you like but its a long time since we had a few wins and played with any style and nothings happened in the summer.

previous post: Pardew – We Can’t Compete On The Financial Front