No Offer Matches What Bafe Gomis Wants – The Bundesliga?

Newcastle have been involved in trying to get Bafe Gomis to Newcastle for weeks now, but the Tyneside club have not been successful in getting the French International to Newcastle, but it’s very unlikely that Bafe will want to stay at Lyon, unless he stays to become a free agent next summer.

bafetimbi gomis -lyon-2-buts_20735_w460

Bafe Gomis – he now wants to play in Germany – really?

And while Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas would now like Gomis to sign a new extended deal and stay at the club,  that’s highly unlikely.

And after Lyon’s 3-1 win against Sochaux last night, this is what Aulas had to say:

“The Bafetimbi situation is still complex,” “There are currently no offers that match what he wants. He wants to play in Germany.”

“If you look at the interest of both parties, it is that Bafetimbi comes back in the team and helps us in our hopes of qualifying for the Champions League.”

“Life is often much harder than a footballer’s one, who seeks to change a club, but can return to his team.” “We need to know quickly what he will do.”

“The situation has been sufficiently described and discussed.”   “For now, the players on the field are getting the job done.”

That’s the first time we’ve heard Bafe wants to play in Germany,  because before he said he wanted to play at Newcastle and move to England.

Of course we don’t know what game the Lyon President is playing, but Aulas has managed to annoy his top striker by he clumsy way in which he has handled this situation, which started when Aulas decided he wanted to sell Gomis so he wouldn’t leave next year on a free transfer.

This story has not reached it’s conclusion yet.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Charlietoon

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Threads threads threads!

• Charlietoon

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Awaiting “repost from last thread” comments

• krijo

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM

go charlie its suger

• manxpie

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:37 AM

charlie you forgot to say “first!”
    but here’s the repost 🙂

what an utterly depressing blog this has been this summer!
    jesus we’ve actually got a good team ya know!!?
    all fit infact we’ve got a great team but i’ve already seen on here “sell cabeye!” “sell arfa” or staylors shit cisse’s crap he can’t stay on side!!
    how about actually supporting the team and having a wee bit of optimism it won’t kill ya like!?

• krijo

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:37 AM

lokking forward to a forward will sign……

• Toon-Prodigy

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM

This president is ridiculous.

He would fit very well into our regime at the moment haha.

Bafe would crawl to Newcastle, Sissoko has said as much hasn’t he?

Bless them.

• krijo

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:40 AM

manxpie i agree. We have a really good team! its just a shame we don’t have a really god manager to take us forward!

• manxpie

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:49 AM

krijlo well i’m afraid if ya looking for god ya on the the wrong blog mate
    but this same manager got us to 5th in the pl with a team that didn’t have many injuries or alot of extra games!
    so how about ya just see wat might happen and be enthusiastic about the club ya support?
    again it won’t kill ya but depression might 🙂

• krijo

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM

well manxpie.. thats kind of all i CAN do.. to see what happen. he got us to a 5th place, a lucky 5th place. but still, all i want is for the team to recoup that 5th place! i just cant see that happening with pardew! please prove me wrong pardew…. HWTL

• jimmysmith

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:24 AM

I think we are being hampered as much by Joes inability to ship a couple more out to create a little more breathing space salary and fees wise for incoming prospects as much as anything else. I think they need one or two squadies out before they are happy to bring another heavy hitter in on bigger money. If they’d found takers for Gos and Obama for example, I think Gomis would have been likely over the line.

• jimmysmith

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:26 AM

auto cue can go suck a big one!

• paul24

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:05 AM

@ jimmysmith

Ashley, spending money, you must be mad 😛

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Boring…NUFC just love making a drama out of things and so does the Lyon president apparently. I really hope we sign someone straight after the Man City match. We’ll really need a boost then.

• gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb)

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:48 AM

don’t really want Gomis to be honest. I just don’t rate him. Poor decision making, clumsy touch, poor timing of runs.

I just desperately hope we sign a forward who can play on the left! Boudebouz scored last night, he could be a pretty good signing.

• LeToonARMY

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:00 AM

I THINK WE WILL GET A DAW ON MONDAY !!!
    I HOPE WE WIN THO, IMO THIS IS OUR BEST SQUAD ATM ___________________KRUL___________________
    ___DEBUCHY___COLLO___M’BIWA____SANTON__
    ____________TIOTE_________SISSOKO_________
    _____BEN ARFA___CABAYE____GUTTIEREZ____
    __________________CISSE____________________

SUBS:
    TAYLOR
    ANITA
    MARVEUX
    GOUFFRAN
    AMEOBI

• check the toastie

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM

LeToon – You picked Jonas?

I am horrified at the thought of Monday, we are in big trouble.

• jackostoon

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM

paul24,
    Your post from the previous thread.
    We are going to be planning a sit in after a few of the games this season, nothing official but yet but it will be on the cards if we get the numbers. I’ve been playing the boycott card for ages but most fans are just too stubborn, they think by going to matches they are supporting the team, when they are actually supporting the regime.
    I’m sorry kidda for I must be the most stubborn of people, or more correctly, the thickest person in the world, as I was never made aware, although I should of realised if I wasn’t so thick, that when I attend a newcastle game, whether it is at home or away, that I’m actually there to support the regime, as you put it, not the team, how silly do I feel now? The penny should have dropped when everyone around me was singing the names of those in the numerous boardrooms we’ve had and not the players names. Good luck with your facebook quest, if I wasn’t so stubborn, I may of joined it myself. TOON TOON

• sparky55

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:06 AM

sky have just shown two sets of great goals from last season…and guess what…not one from newcastle

They’ve also said it’s the most open league for many a year and showed the managers who could be in contention…guess what…Pardew was missing like he has been for years.

jesus have far we’ve fallen

• TorqToon

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Manx @4 – Excellent post. Some people on here are so blinkered they can’t see the quality our squad has.

Yes pardew isn’t the best manager we could have, but we are stuck with him. Our whole training this pre season is based around a switch in mentality to a more attacking style.

We have him, he isn’t going anywhere, so just back the team, the manager and roll on the coming season. Not expecting anything from Monday so hopefully the display will show promise and the blog won’t descend into chaos after 1 game!

Here’s hoping!

Morning gents! 🙂

• Fridge

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Sparky
    When will cabaye be sold and spending spree start as you said it would? Anymore info?

• nico

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM

We need to concentrate on bringing in some good young English talent instead of all these French players. I’m not to fussed about Gomis now. Lets go for Sinclair, Hughes and Ince.

• nico

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I remember when Wonga sponsored us and the uproar it caused. I personally don’t like it but remember hearing, well it could bring in a couple of players. That plus the extra 20-30 million Sky money.
    So, where are the extra quality players????

• Fridge

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Morning Torq
    I have been missing your posts over the summer. Im glad the season starts today. Will find out soon enough where our team stands. Pundits in norway had us finishing 8th.

• NUFCarter

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I hope so but poor bloody rangers if they end up with ashley. The sportsdirect Ibrox…

• jackostoon

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Morning all,
    Sorry about my little rant earlier, just finished night shift, so a little bit ratty.
    Torq, low fell mag mentioned a couple of days ago that the gomis deal may well be back on, have you heard anything regarding this on your side of the water.

• nut meg

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

TORQ TOON@ 19
    Morning Torq,how right you are.I hope people get behind the team because we need as much help as we can get.As the saying goes” I wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with some of these people” It’s getting nearer, now it’s time to be more positive & try to give the team that extra man feeling.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Now I am a person who thinks you should voice your opinion and you should not go along with sonething you cannot agree with!

…blind faith have never really served anyone and if you are not happy with something then try and change it!

Now that’s a life lesson for everyone, let the day begin 🙂

Morning everyone!

• jazzyp

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Good morning guys
    Nufccarter-can you imagine the position we would be in if mashley would have sold nufc to the sheik instead of going on the razzle with the cockney mafia.
    Im not holding my hopes up for monday night,its the performance that matters to me and i think will hold a precident for the upcoming season. Nobody is wanting us to take a hammering as it will feel like last seasons pitfalls will be coming back to haunt us again

• jackostoon

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM

nut meg,
    As long as you don’t attend the games, sing songs or call out players names, because, as paul24 puts it, you’ll be supporting the regime, not the team. Lining myself up for bucket fulls of abuse, going to bed shortly so don’t really care.

• jackostoon

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Morning Jesper,
    I’m still trying to convince the bairn to let me loose on her computer but she’s being rather resilient, I’ll keep trying though.

• SeanNufc87

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM

morning lads!

good luck with your boycotting guys! seems people are struggling to get tickets for the west ham game.

get the feeling people just want to be part of something bigger than themselves? here’s the dirty little secret though… as a fan, your already part of a massive thing, its called Newcastle United FC and its bigger than any individual, be it me, you, pardew, ashley or cisse, but its only so big BECAUSE of us, take us away and your just lowering the standing of the club.

Ashley loses a few quid from it, completely negligible to him im sure, because then all he needs do is allow less money be spent on players and improvements to recoup the losses.

what exactly is the reason behind it anyhow?

because we have only signed one player? even though theres still time? a pre emptive strike?

because pardew is still here? before we EVEN kick a ball?

or is it because your jealous of norwich? sunderland?

nothing good will be gained from any of it. you wont get MA to sell up because you have looked into your crystal ball and its told you things are going to be bad this season. a few people sitting around after a game will NOT make him forget the club owes him 100m and get him to sell.

• Yohancabaye4

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Good morning gents

our coaching is awful, we have excellent player but still we can’t play good football

• breno95

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Letoon
    A solid line up there mate. However, unless jonas and tiote have shown brilliant form in preseason i would swap tiote for Anita and gouffran for jonas.

Like the formation but the question that will be answered for us all on monday night is has Pardew changed his style of play and can he get them playing quick, 2 touch pass n move football.
    Sadly i dont think so. Yes 2-3 more new faces would be good. For me a new CB. Blanc has confirmed Sakho wants out or Alderwiereld is available. Sinclair is available or ryad boudebouz wud be a gud shout and a CF but not Gomis.
    The squad is good but the level of footie rests at the managers door.

• Tommyy

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Torq – I think it’s blinkered of people to expect a dramatic change of fortune for no reasons whatsoever. What’s changed since last season? We’ve brought in a fitness consultant and are not in Europe. Nothing there makes me feel we’ll improve drastically.

Yes we’ve got a decent squad, but we’re rudderless and can barely tread water In terms of quality shown. I’d love nothing more than to be proven wrong and see us play slick football and get a few good results. It’s never going to happen though. As ever we’ll stutter through games looking like a league 1 side and then Pardew will roll out excuse after bloody excuse.

• Slatymag

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Santon out eh? Looks like Taylor with Colo and MYM on the left then. Could be worse.

• SeanNufc87

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM

breno

i think you will see more of the same on monday but thats more due to the oposition and the fact we are away, but i beleive the other games will be more like we are hoping for.

• SeanNufc87

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM

tommyy

why not use your theory and apply it to the season before last? if you can say not much has changed then surely the same applies to season before last?

• jackostoon

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM

SeanNUFC87.
    Good morning, I couldn’t of put it better myself, I’m too stubborn maybe.
    I must bid everyone goodnight as the light of my life has arisen.
    Au revoir, Mon amis, I hope that’s right

• Slatymag

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM

MYM might be a little more disciplined anyway, which I reckon is no bad thing against Navas. To be fair anything less than 4-0 will do me. Live in hope though, live in hope!

• Ben3arfa

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Morning gents

Will Kinnear play as left back vs City?
    Hs he locked up Massadio Haidara in the changing rooms or something?

Fat turd