The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Going After Some Top Players

10:21 am, Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 59 Comments

News today in the Daily Mail that Newcastle manager Alan Pardew watched Lyon against Real Sociedad in the Champions League last night,in the first game of a two game qualifying tie, as Newcastle seem to be considering going back in for Bafe Gomis, as we reported late last night.

Lyon were outplayed at home by the impressive looking San Sebastien  side, who scored two fantastic goals.

Yoann Gourcuff

Yoann Gourcuff - Newcastle now interested in this player

Newcastle were torn apart by Manchester City on Monday night and we were lucky to come away with only a 4-0 defeat (let’s be honest – thanks Tim), and the positive effect could be to sting Newcastle officials into action and buy some players this summer, and it looks like Newcastle will now get at least £20M from PSG for Yohan Cabaye.

The news this morning is that Newcastle are interested in Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, who is 27 years old and has been capped by France 29 times and he’s an excellent player.

Alan Pardew is said to be in France with Joe Kinnear and Graham Carr, and we have to believe secretary Lee Charnley is also over there, and it seems the brains trust is grouping to decide who they should move for – when they get the deal for Yohan Cabaye agreed to – probably with PSG – because Arsenal will not pay out the money for Cabaye.

Why we’ve waited this long we have no idea, but things will change when Yohan goes, which now appears almost a certainty, and then we would need a striker and a central midfield player brought in.

Bafe Gomis was not in the squad for the Lyon side, as he awaits what his future may hold, but Yoann Gourcuff, played the full game.

Maybe Newcastle can agree a double deal with Lyon for the two players, but the negotiations with Lyon for Bafe Gomis were torturous, with no success for Newcastle – yet.

We’d be happy enough if Newcastle could get these two players to Tyneside and Tom Ince from Blackpool in the next 12 days – assuming we lose Yohan Cabaye – that would work.

Comments welcome, but please keep them civil.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

59 responses so far ↓

• 1 catchy in norway // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

you think sooo ?

• 2 Rainrix // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Ibiza FP… Drama Queen? I’ll dodge that issue :)

I think like you said earlier a fair few people have been pushed over the edge, Ryder included apparently. I dont think any signings will really placate anyone unless he really busts the checkbook out

I have noticed a lot of people have seemingly dropped the pardew bashing and are focusing on ashley now, which is the root problem. It feels like things are drawing towards a conclusion now. Maybe thats just me but a lot of people are truly disheartened

• 3 lesh // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Yeh ok, whatever!

• 4 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Catchy repost

They are not there to sell Cabaye, they are there to watch some players they going to buy.
    Do you think they go there and asking PSG or Monaco, can you buy Cabaye for 25mil please?
    Even if they want to sell him, they won’t go there. the buyers will think we are desperate and the bid won’t be higher than 10mil at the end.

• 5 t00ntime // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

(Repost)
    @Richy dont know. Just seems strange to meet them at Lyon then go to Nice and fly home, when they could of just booked a flight to paris (both Paris and Nice are about the same distance away from Lyon if I remember right.) and whilst AP watched Lyon the other 3 cud of been in paris talking. Then meet up there instead of at Nice.
    (Since only AP was spotted at Lyon I think)

Aw well guess we will find out soon enough. (Btw dont know i you guys saw it but nufc.com said we were moving in on 2 targets and Mark Douglas said it is very possible, neither trust worthy sources like but thought I’d say )

• 6 mattyNUFC // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

please not Gourcuff

Manny Fernandes over him every day of the week

• 7 Wiz // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

We all seem to accept the premise we have to sell Cabaye to buy. Granted, he wants to leave, but we are not prepared to buy until he does. I’ve got a suggestion. Let’s buy first, and show the team we would like to win something. That will get them all excited, and they might play better. At the moment Pardew stands in the dressing room and trumpets: ‘Go for mid-table! We are striving for mediocrity!’ And they go out and play like miserable bastards.

• 8 StephenW // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Gomis and gorcuff would turn the transfer window around for us, a defender like alderwield or sakho would be a big boost

• 9 mattyNUFC // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

toontime

nufc.com not a trustworthy source????

they’re like, the ONLY trustworthy source….you don’t get your news from nufcblog, do you???

• 10 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Ibiza

What makes you so confident about pardew? I really want to know, because from what I’ve seen he’s good as temporary manager but not good for long term.

• 11 mattyNUFC // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM

don’t want gomis

don’t want gourcuff

come on, carr, you can do MUCH better than these two!

glad it’s all speculation at this point. Gourcuff is too slow and flatters to decieve. Gomis is extraordinarily average

• 12 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Can I touch on this whole “the fans are to blame as they keep paying in to the system” debate, as I get the feeling it’s going to be kicking around a while. Here is the fence sitters view of it…you lucky so and so’s.

I don’t think it’s meant to be hurtful or attacking. I think most of these people have been in the same boat as you, obviously love the club (why would they bother commenting for hours on end otherwise?) and are offering their views. They’re not questioning your support of the team, they understand why you go to the matches, but at the end of the day it is logical…if you don’t like something, don’t support it. Which ever way you dress it up, rightly or wrongly, if you pay money to the club to watch the team you are not supporting just the team, but the owner and his ideals.

If you’re really not happy, then that is the logical starting point, I think that is the point trying to be made. If you don’t like it, do your bit to change it. Easier said than done, but not incorrect.

• 13 cadete // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM

according to @GFN_France and others they were actually in Nice yesterday, so not sure if this report about them being in lyon is correct at all(4 hours drive from Nice)

• 14 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM

matty

Gourcuff is slow because he is not a winger or striker, he is a playmaker. gourcuff price tag was around 6-8mil, last season Lyon tried to sell him but he was injured badly.

• 15 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Santon…I’ve not said I am confident in Pardew…not in a while anyway ;)

Here you go, my re-post to Catchy..

Catchy…The job he was hired to do? Yes. The job us fans want him to do? Not for most of them.

I’m talking about Pardew keeping his job. I think there are two things that would lead to Ashley firing him.

1) Not meeting his objectives. I am more and more believing that the objective is to stay in the PL, there has been little to date to suggest otherwise. Glimpses of hope, but little follow through.
    2) As and when or if needed, Pardew will be made the scapegoat for Ashley.

That is what I mean by doing his job. I truly think your frustrations are aimed in the wrong direction Catchy. Yes Pardew has his faults, but those wont be address imo by a change of manager as Ashley will only aspire to more of the same…of course, just my opinion.

Rainrix…If someone can come up with a smart approach then I am all for it. What I can’t support is manic change for the sake of it. If we’re going to try and force change, then it should be structured or we’ll be back to square 1.

Right girls and boys, back to work. Catch you later.

• 16 clinath@ed // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I am beginning to think I am the figment of other bloggers imagination…I find Ibiza explains everything I wants to say much better and clearer, expat and Lilongwe’s knowledge of football far outstrips my own, and I’m nowhere near as angry as Ruddy…!
    Sh!t, I even agree with Catchy sometimes….

Keep it up lads…

• 17 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I don’t know if Ed has some sort of device that goes off every time I am typing up a rant but he seems to post a new thread every time I go to empty my belly, so here it goes again:

Good morning folks, I see many on here don’t agree with what I’ve said and that’s their right, fair enough.

I am not from Newcastle, that is true, but I have been to St James’ Park many times, I went on a weekly basis when we were in the Championship and I have travelled from Ireland to go to matches as much as is humanly and financially possible for me to do so.

Does that give me less of an opinion over the best interest of our football club? Certainly not. In fact, Geordies do not know how lucky they are to be living no more than a stones throw or a metro ride away from St James’ Park, and by the mere convenience of where you are born, you think you’ve the right to say I have less of an opinion over boycotts?

Well, it is that blinkered mentality that has seen you all herded into St James’ Park last season, paying the piper while he leads on a merry dance to mediocrity.

I said last night, and I will say again, if you do what you’ve always done, you will get what you’ve always got.

Stop bleating on about “we average 52,000 fans a week, and we got over 40,000 while we were in the Championship” blah blah blah

why is that something to be proud of? It just means you are all gluttons for punishment that you will gladly give your hard earned cashed to a fat cockney b****rd who cannot believe his luck that he has bought a club where, no matter how badly you treat it or its fans, they will come back and ask for bloody seconds!

If you care about this club, you will stop going to football matches and stop buying season tickets, and stop buying merchandise. By all means support the club on away days, that will show you still care, but if your only interest is satisfying your weekly ritual because you’ve done it for your whole lifetime then I am afraid you are not doing it for the club, you’re doing it for yourself, which makes you incredibly selfish.

It means that you’ll sit idly by while our club goes into the mire. That makes you to blame.

Give me abuse for not being Geordie, if you want, tell me I haven’t got a right to voice my opinion because of the nature of where I was born compared to the man who lives 20 yards from St James’ Park, but don’t tell me I don’t care.

You were born with this club, your parents supported it, and their parents before them and so on and so on.

I chose this club, and maybe I do not understand the “ritual” of going to St James’ Park on a Saturday, but don’t tell me I don’t care about this club and am not willing to do something to try and help it.

• 18 LooneyToon41 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

@5. ToonTime, @9 Matty.
    I agree with Matty. http://www.nufc.com is a VERY trustworthy source.
    @13. They were in Nice Airport

• 19 Beattie25 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

For those who haven’t trawled through the various twitter pages looking for info here’s what came from those that met JFK, Pards and Carr in the airport.

Apparently there was a board meeting on Mike Ashley’s boat in St. Tropez.

When asked about players JFK said there would be “3 in by Saturday”.

• 20 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Ibiza

Ok I understand now what you mean about doing the job
    hehehehe

• 21 jimBOB // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM

seems like Pardew and Co using this as an excuse to get away from the Geordie s, make it look like were shopping and they will never suspect a thing……move on

• 22 toon kk // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Speculation speculation speculation!
    That’s all we’ve had since the window opened.
    We need PACE in our sluggish squad.

• 23 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM

on the subject of Ashley out protest, I think you need to find a suitable buyer first before protesting.
    It is waste of time if you don’t have someone with real money to buy the club, it’s not like Ashley going to say ok I will give you the club (lose 300-400 mil of his own money) just because people protesting.

• 24 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM

When you say read up on Maoc, what did you find Ibiza? Just curious.

• 25 NewcastleMole // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Gourcuff reminds me of Downing with a bit more skill. Both players stats are similar.
    Id certainly have Gourcuff over Gouffran any day though.

But at the end of the day it doesnt matter who we sign, i mean if we signed Messi we’d still be playing the same crap football and thats down to Pardew who doesnt have a clue.
    He’s the only manager i know who can systematically make every player who plays under him perform below par.

What’s the alternative? Sack pardew and in steps Kinnear who’s gameplan is to snatch a goal then defend the rest of the game, eventually conceding at least one.

• 26 JaxtheMag // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM

no1 else wants gomis so what does that tell you.no1 wanted debuchy either we tried to sign him for months look how hes turned out,hes not as good as simpson.

• 27 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM

clinath…Wait, am I not a figment of your imagination? Now i’m worried, whose imagination are we a figment of?

• 28 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM

for those who want to protest, please approach Mr. Erick Thohir first :P
    He is wealthy businessman, he owns Phil 76ers (NBA), DC United (MLS), and just bought Inter Milan.

• 29 clinath@ed // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Ibiza….we are all just splinters on life’s long fence..!

• 30 Mint // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Shola to Blackpool + 5mil bid for Ince – you watch!

• 31 Thump // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

It just means you are all gluttons for punishment

If you read the terms and conditions in becoming a club member and/or season ticket holder you’ll find that’s a requirement, Ruddy.

• 32 Novocastrian66 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Ruddy; you’re a Newcastle United supporter, you’re entitled to have your say on the club. What I cannot agree with is blaming supporters who regularly attend matches for the state of the club.
    If people don’t want to or cannot go to the match for whatever reason; the hate Ashley, Pardew is a clown, because its too expensive, because they live too far away. Fair enough, do not criticise those that do go for state of the club.

• 33 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Santon….Glad we got there in the end :)

Mac…Just running out now, but will pick this up with you next time if you’re about. As I said, just started reading up today, seen bits previously in the past, but it has all come across a little bit soapbox to me in the past…I am just trying to gauge whether that was the case or just my perception at that time.

Take it easy all.

• 34 Thump // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Alright MacToon, mate. How’s it going? I need to get back up to Toon and have a pint with you lads sometime in the not-so-distant future.

• 35 Toon1978 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Why do we have to sell Cabaye to stand a chance of signing someone? Hellooooo, NUFC recieved 60 million in Sky money at the end of the season. Where the hell is that money? Like Ryder said Ashley can not expect to to season ticket money one hand and give nothing back to the supporters with the other. It’s all take take take ATM with Ashley and I don’t give a f..k what the Ashley lovers think. The man is a disgrace and a waste of fresh air. Why is it always Nufc supporters that are the most unlucky and always crapped on from a great height? And to think it could have been Nufc in City’s position right now if it wasn’t for that mans greed. As usuall it’s City’s gain and our loss. Makes me sick to my stomach. SBR most be turning in his grave.

• 36 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Santon. I believe Ashley has had offers made to him and recently too and if he just wanted to make his money back and some he would probably be gone by now. However he’s being greedy and wanting far too much possibly and obviously that would put buyers off.
    Pressure on him might make him lower his price and accept a reasonably small profit instead of taking their eyes out?
    I know nothing as factual about this but I can’t sit on my hands anymore.

• 37 LooneyToon41 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

@17 Ruddy.
    A fair opinion, and i’m not going to knock you for it because you explain yourself well.
    I live in Nottingham with my young family, so i don’t get to go to St James’.
    The club means different things to different people.
    Personally, it’s my religion, and i don’t use that term without knowing how powerful the word is. Only my kids, wife and friends take priority.
    The idea of boycotting a game just isn’t in my psyche.
    Plus, there’s a lot of short memories on here.
    Plus, ManU,Arsenal,Liverpool… owners just in it for the money. It’s not as if MA is any different.

• 38 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Hey Thump. Will be great to catch up, hope the southern air aint messin’ with you ;-)

• 39 Thump // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

@MacToon: Well my skin has turned from a healthy zombie-grey colour to a weird looking bronze. I think it might be a skin disease but the doctors keep telling me it’s something called a “tan”. Never heard of it myself but I think it might be contagious.

• 40 Beattie25 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Ruddy

I have found in my time that a few Newcastle born fans hold it against you if you yourself are not from the area. They think we don’t understand or get it.

I’m not speaking about all, or even the vast majority, but certainly a lot think you have to be from the area to truly support the club.

I’ve talked about it before and said its sometimes almost xenophobic. I feel that I have to explain myself to them as to why I support the club and hope it is acceptable.

Most Geordies are accomodating and understand that being a 1 club city in the far north of England doesn’t and shouldn’t isolate the club, but some fans do use it as the lowest form of insult.

I bet if everyone posted on this blog where they were from people would be suprised at the diversity of the nufc fanbase.

It doesn’t matter if your black or white, male or female, British or Irish or even if you’re an Indian Magpie you should be allowed to voice an opinion and where possible be actively involved in helping the futur of the club. If people can’t move past the “you’re not local” then we haven’t got a chance as a club.

As I’ve said before a lot of fans are social supporters that go to games out of habit and ritual than out of a yearning to see the club they love play and beat the opposition.

Again this only applies to a small percentage, just a drop in the massive ocean of fans, but its still there.

• 41 numba9 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

It’s a bit different to the days where kk would sell a Andy Cole and explain himself on the steps because he loved the fans and wanted to reassure them that the money would be spent and more besides . Everything just seems so hollow and heartless nowadays identity seems to have gone we need more people at the club that care more than they do about their own wage packet

• 42 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Ha ha, we’ve had a bit of sun up here this year too lol, about time. You’re by Brighton yeah? Did some work down Hove a few years back, beaches aren’t like ours though lol.

• 43 Sellemall // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Nainggolin
    Luis Muriel
    Tom ince
    Kokolin
    Another cb

• 44 chrisj9 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM

As far as Cabaye goes I don’t want him anywhere near a Newcastle Utd team ever again, even the reserves and under 21s are too good for him. He’s a greedy man, and where most of our squad is loyal, he certainly isn’t. We need players who are willing to die for this club and fight tooth and nail for the cause. I don’t care if we don’t sign anyone and MA keeps the money, Cabaye has to go

• 45 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Beattie, you must understand that the North East has been isolated from the rest of the country, in a way, for decades and my family and others through generations have had to fight hard for any little scraps coming from the power base south. So I understand the “us and them” mentality, don’t always agree with it but it is there.

• 46 Beattie25 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Looney toon

The difference is is that the owners of those clubs (maybe not the Arsenal of now but certainly then) know you have to speculate massively to accumulate.

They don’t want to get by selling players and avoiding relegation, they all compete for the riches football has to offer.

If a new owner came in and took hundreds of millions from the club but spent hundreds of millions and turned us into a top side, challenging for honours and silverware I wouldn’t be as annoyed, angry and disillusioned as I am now.

• 47 Toon1978 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Sorry but I would rather we kept Cabaye a signed ONE player. It is madness and I am totally gutted. However players like Cabaye need CL Football at an ambitious club and NUFC can not offer either with this eejit running OUR club.

• 48 t00ntime // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

@matty haha no I normally dont believe anything I read cause it just gets my hope up. The reason why i didnt think it was trustworthy is cause pretty much there whole article was like 2 sentences and had no source, names, postions or even clubs. So It seemed kind of random, hope it is right tho :P

@Cadette i just said that -_- lol all 4 were spotted at Nice airport (photo taken). Only AP was spotted at Lyon.

• 49 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Mactoon

I never heard about those recent offers tbh.
    they probably did not make serious offer since we were so bad last season and probably didn’t have enough resources to buy at the price Ashley paid for this club.
    Like I said someone with real money , someone who has the resources to make genuine offer that Ashley hard to refuse.

• 50 nufc 11 // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM

There to many overseas players in the team already thought that would have been evident based how we collapsed on mon nite, love us to go for Shawcross of stoke and try get Demba bk on loan if we were to go french again get valenbna or Mccarthy as Cabaye replacement.

• 51 low fell mag // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM

RML @ 17
    Right mate ,time for you to listen.
    Im a bloke in his 50s and have worn a black @white shirt from the age of two or there abouts.
    I stood in the leazes end with my mates from the age of 8 or 9 .
    I went travelling away to watch Newcastle from about the age 12 to 13.
    when we went away at that time (US GEORDIES). We fought against ,the Chelsea head hunters ,West ham icf, ,Everton , Leeds ,Sheff wed , Millwall ,Aston villa ,Grimsby , Portsmouth ,Carlisle ,Leicester ,Barnsley .
    The list goes on and on, we were not hooligans it was just the way things were in them days ,anbody who supported Newcastle and went to away games in the 1970s to the 80s will agree with me as im sure they could tell you tales of their own.
    In all that time we won nowt, and the majority of that time we were absolutely crap.but we went back week after week.
    Why ,because we are GEORDIES, and as long as I can afford my ticket I will be there ,this year and if I live till im 100 years old I will still be there .
    So don’t call me a sheep ,im a GEORDIE TILL I DIE !

• 52 Sazzer // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Nick Rudd ?@Ruddy22
    Me with Kinnear in nice airport “3 in by Saturday” #NUFC pic.twitter.com/R4K2INFPHW

• 53 keeganjr // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM

yes, 3 in my arse by saturday i can manage

• 54 gazzaforever // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Not Gourcuff , he’s horrible, injury prone, inconsistant.

• 55 Country Ken // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Having read the majority of the posts here there seems to be a lack of those who are against Pardew as a manger. I agree he is between a rock and a hard place when it comes to negotiating for new players, however his selection and tactics are something that has been missing ever since we qualified for the Europa League 2 years ago. Take the Aston Villa match for example. Paul Lambert played 1 central striker (Benteke) then 3 Pacey attacking midfielders behind him. These three midfileds completely over ran arsenals normal string pullers. Far be it from me to critise Pardews formations but i could not tell what role our midfielders had during the Man City game. My opinion (and thats all it is) we should have had Marveux on the left of the three, Ben Arfa behind Cisse and Gouffran on the right of the three. Sadly we’re missing an understudy for Cabaye, however Tiote seems to have lost his ability to break up play instead trying to act as a play maker. I dont recall and single forward pass that found its way to another newcastle player. Sissoko next to Bigi in front of a back four which doesn’t include the constantly shakey Steven Taylor may be beneficial. I look forward to responses. This is my first post here so be gentle
    Cheers

• 56 Owldman // Aug 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Unless the agent of Gomis has reduced what he wants then we still in the position we were when we walked away from the deal last time.I thought Kinnea was supposed to me the man who handles the deals.I can imagine Ashley telling them “Go and have a jolly in France” watch a couple of games kid the fans we really are serious about bringing in players , the same excuse, we did try to bring in players but too expensive.

• 57 gazzaforever // Aug 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I totally agree with you, Country Ken. Sadly it wont happen with Pardew.

• 58 russell10 // Aug 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Who knows what we will come up with but we should all be prepared for a relegation battle. I said that after the first game sat season and everyone laughed at me. Yes we will have another striker but who do we have to give them the ball? That is worrying but the biggest worry is our defence. Taylor is a bull who wears his heart on his sleeve. He s an absolute liability and has no class. Debuchy is a European defender who needs time on the ball that the Prem doesn’t allow. Left back remains a problem. No coaching and no tactics. This year, we will sadly drop

• 59 lofric // Aug 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Ibiza and Ruddy are of course correct. Ashley can bank on getting his cash every other week and the merchandise etc. so he will never change.

I have supported the club for roughly 50 years now and the lat time we were in such a bad state was just prior to John Hall coming in and it took boycotts, a Chronicle campaign and a presure group to achieve.

We are staring that position in the face – not going to the match and boycotting gets the message across – it isn’t being disloyal and it isn’t a a matter of accusing any fans of being sheep.

It is something we should be able to avoid but I can’t see it.

As for Cabaye – get rid ASAP – he is a mercenary and let’s face it he didn’t control a game or excel one last season.

Also – Pardew – don’t rate him too much but the alternative is frightening – be careful what you wish for.

It is a long time since I have seen us so clueless as we were on Monday night – we are either at crisis point or fast approaching it.

I hope things change for the better but does it look like it?

previous post: Newcastle May Try to Get Players And Cash From PSG