The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle May Try to Get Players And Cash From PSG

9:39 am, Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 75 Comments

One player Newcastle have been interested in for over two years now  is 23 year-old French International center-back Mamadou Sakho, who has been finding it hard to get playing time at the Paris club, especially after PSG signed 19 year-old Brazilian center-back Marquinos from Sao Paulo for £27M this summer.

Mamadou Sakho in French coloras

Mamadou Sakho - could try to get this player from PSG

And since the news this morning is that Newcastle are negotiating with PSG on a deal for Yohan Cabaye, maybe Newcastle can look at some of the players available at PSG, and include them in the deal.

And the one that immediately comes to mind is Sakho, and since the Newcastle defense still looked  poor at Manchester city on Monday night, why not bring Sakho in, and then Newcastle could sell Mike Williamson for around £3M before the window closes.

And since Joe Kinnear seems to be having lots of trouble signing good players this summer, we could do it all in one deal – maybe get Sakho(and maybe one or two others)  plus cash for Cabaye.

The difficulty in these types of deal is that clubs try to rate their players highly, but Sakho has just one year left on his contract, and if he doesn’t leave this summer he could become a free agent next summer.

Mamadou has played 14 times for France and 196 times for PSG with 7 goals since joining his home-town club back in 1996 as a six year-old.

matuidi blase

Matuidi Blaise – 26 year-old PSG midfielder

There are also midfield players at PSG like Matuidi Blaise and Jeremy Menez that Newcastle could be interested in,  as a part exchange deal for Cabaye, although those two players could be expensive.

It’s just a thought, but could guarantee Newcastle get some players in and not be left with huge money to spend in the last 12 days of the transfer market, when other clubs will elevate their prices for any Newcastle targets.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target · Yohan Cabaye

75 responses so far ↓

• 1 catchy in norway // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

sick as a chip

• 2 Indian Magpie // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Figment of Imagination

• 3 reccerobbo // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

If only

• 4 ilovetoon8788 // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

We will Cabaye and not sign anyone anyone else.

Welcome to nufc circus.

• 5 Indian Magpie // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Now i am Sick. I wanted to be First. ;)

• 6 ilovetoon8788 // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Lose*

• 7 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Ibiza repost

I think this is similar case like Colocini.
    Cabaye asked Debuchy his close friend to join us and then he wants to go? and I read somewhere that Ashley favourite player is Cabaye, it will take more than 25mil imo.
    I suspect he has some disagreement with pardew is the reason why he didn’t start against city.

• 8 Ben3arfa // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

15m + Sakho = GOOD deal

I personally would like either Gourcoff or Manuel Fernandes to replace Cabaye

• 9 Greebol1892 // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM

This lad’s quality and I’d be happy if we could manage to get him or Alderweireld by end of January so we have a replacement for Coloccini if he goes, or quality back-up for injuries.
    We all know S. Taylor is not good enough and I laughed at the suggestion of 3m for Williamson HA! If anyone was daft enough to be interested, we’d be lucky to get 1.5m. Certainly not a PL player.

• 10 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Santon…I suppose we shall see mate. I’m not one to usually get swept up in hearsay, but it all does seem to point to a cab for cabs…stranger things have happened though.

• 11 joeinthecheapseats // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Why not buy before Cabaye is finally sold
    Spurs have the right idea new players improves morale and performance on the pitch
    Would take Ince Gomis Alderweild and Mcarthy
    Give free transfers to Obertan and Shola to free up wages
    Sell Taylor after Mondays debacle as he can only cut it against average and poor teams.

• 12 Pokat // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Disillusionment. The final nail in a players’ commitment to the cause. Cabaye has lost faith in the Pardew Project and just wants out. Thankfully for him its CL clubs lining up. The Man C game, though unwinnable, showed that the fight has abandoned the team. Pards has his work cut out now that’s for sure.

• 13 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Ibiza

I do believe he will stay.
    I have a question for you: do you think pardew will stay as manager until end of the season? if not, how long do you reckon?

• 14 richyg01 // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Menez + Sakho + £10M

Happy Days.

• 15 Pokat // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Has gourcuff sorted himself out yet? Not a player who has made much of his supposed skills.

• 16 Greebol1892 // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Mentioning Gourcuff… watched quite a bit of him but nothing really outstanding. Reasonable work rate, good passer & crosser. Good at set pieces. I think he would struggle with the physicality of PL (like Debuchy). Probably worth 4m tops IMO.

Incidentally, I wish some of the fans would give Debuchy more time before writing him off. He is a quality player but needs more time to adjust.
    I feel sorry for all our players atm having to play under a tactically naive manager that is not good enough and cannot get the best out of players.

• 17 Pokat // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM

If Pards gets past 3 months I think he will hang on grimly to the season end.

• 18 jimmysmith // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Id be more than happy if we swapped Cabs and cash for 3 top players to add to what looks a flat, borderline sullen group that badly needs an injection of quality and moreover confidence and vitality.

• 19 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

More outgoings? Apparantly QPR want shola

• 20 Toonfan8 // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

sell cabaye…15M+Sakho…or Matuidi+Sakho….
    bring Gomis 8M…Ince 8M…if not Matuidi then bring another CM Mc Carthy 10M….
    team much improved
    MYM..Colo…Sakho…Santon
    ……..Matuidi…..Sissoko
    Remy…….HBA…….Ince
    …………..Gomis………..
    or
    MYM..Colo…Sakho…Santon
    ……Mc Carthy..Sissoko
    Remy….HBA…..Ince
    …………Gomis……..

• 21 Robby Bobson // Aug 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Straight swap for jeremy menez!

Sorry, living in dreamland.

• 22 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Santon…Bit early for that type of question….I’m not sure how to call anything right now tbh, there are just too many factors at play to make any sort of educated guess.

My gut tells me though that he will still be here come the end of the season, unless we are constantly sitting in or right above the relegation spaces. I don’t think for a second that being a championship club is part of any plan of Ashleys, as we saw last January.

For me, Pardews reign is just not even close to being the biggest issue at the club that I don’t really may much attention anymore. He can do a job and probably is doing the job he’s been hired to do…he’s not the problem imo.

• 23 richyg01 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM

If he is going to leave us, then I would prefer that he also left the EPL, so PSG is best for him and for us.

• 24 Robby Bobson // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Toonfan 8….wouldnt wamt matuadi, hes a class player but we need someone who can look after the ball to replace cabaye.

• 25 Our Toon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

A couple of people have hit the nail on the head and stated what I have been saying for some time now, “support the team not the regime” that statement is utter nonsense. By going to the matches and buying merchandise all fans are doing is condoning the behaviour of Ashley and Co, by going to games you are indirectly supporting the regime whether you like it or not. The body language of the players on Monday looked as if they’ve had enough of this regime/manager, do we really think they care if we have 52,000 supporting them? When the owner himself isn’t supporting them? Hence vote with your feet, I managed to support the team without spending a penny on Monday (first time in 15 years), I’m sure others can as well.

It’s a shame that we have to actively sell one of our purples to fund the transfer dealings of new arrivals, begs the question though…..where on earth is the money generated by the club including the TV deal? Wonga deal? Why sell before we can buy? Where is your match day/season ticket money going? WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

• 26 mattyNUFC // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

honestly, a straight swap for Jeremy Menez would be nice, but we’d be getting the better player no doubt.

But, PSG is new rich, and everything they don’t have seems better than what they do have. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of Menez, Sakho, Matuidi or the like come in plus 5mil or so. tear their f****** hand off for that.

Too bad veratti just signed a year long extension. I’d give them Cabaye and 10mil for him

• 27 richyg01 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Where is Shola story from?

Straight swap for Mbia?

• 28 richyg01 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM

And the same newspaper reports that Paris Saint-Germain are ready to outbid Arsenal for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye and deal another transfer market blow to Arsene Wenger. Meanwhile, the Magpies could revive their interest in Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis who was watched by boss Alan Pardew last night.

• 29 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Richy
    One if the papers can’t remember which one!

• 30 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM

• 31 stuart no9 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

fans who still go to games ‘home and away’ IMO dont have the right to moan when the team suffer ‘cronic ‘ defeats like they did on monday night.

That has not always been thre case. Ever since the early sisties when i first started going, weve gone through patches where we’d have a decent side – agreat side- a calamity of a side, no matter whar side turned out on a saturday i would be there with my mates watching from the leazes and later from the gallowgate.

I remember when , during a really bad spell , the attendence dropped to about 15’000 at best, team wernt great, no big names, bottom of league- everything about the club was at an all time low, but me and me mates would still turn up- get soaked in the gallowgate, whatch a sh/t team get hammered week in week out, why? because that was our saturday- thats what we done.

At the time , i could see the crowds getting less, i was aware the team were rubbish, mainly because our owners were greedy so and so’s who were creaming the club dry.with not 1 glimmer of hope of a win never mind success, that didnt matter to me, i would turn up week in week out like a stupid idiot pay my money on the door for 90 mins of torture.i enjoyed it at the time.

My dad , from where i caught the bug- thanks dad you bast..d, pulled me over after 1 disasterous showing and explained to me, why after all these years he stood in the same stands as me watching the likes of jackie milburn-the robledo bros. charle crow, all these lads who were greats at the time, why he stopped going , he explained how the fans were gettingrobbed of a decent side by greedy owners, he explained what was happening, he explained why thre big lads were big and we wernt.

I kept going to games , but started to realise this big change in team success i was hoping for wasnt going to happen, there would be no succes no cups no titles . why had all the fans stopped going- the reason was becaust they didnt want to line our greedy owners pockets for nothing in return, and that the ‘ nothing in return’ to me was the problem- i was being fleeced week in week out.

After 1 game i went home and started moaning to me dad how bad it was , he started laughing, which got my back up a bit coz weve just been stuffed 4- nowt at home
    ‘are you still going up there’ he said laughing- youll never learn son , youl never learn, i turned to my mum who was whistling while baking a cake and said ‘ will you tell him to stop laughing, seeing how upset i was , she went in the room and said to dad ‘ john stop winding him up’ dad came in and explained to me how and why newcastle would never have a good team as long as idiots like me turned up week in week out lining the directors pockets’ keep going if you want BUT dont come crying to me everytime they get beat ‘dont go’ he shouted trying to get it into my thick head that i was the reason why nothing was changing at the club.

Bearing in mind crowds were down to about 14000 i did stop going . it wasnt easy , i had this urge to jump on abus every saturday and head to town but i didnt , instead i would be glued to the radio listen to csores coming in. I realised i didnt have a right to moan after gamesas it was my fault for going in the first place and was not listening to advice from my dad before me.Hes 93 now still sits in front of telly with sky sports , watching newcastle with his shirt on.

Go to the games if you want , but dont moan , you havnt got the right to moan about something you have been warned about and know, as long as you attend the games you are lining the owners pockets. YOU are to blame.

• 32 richyg01 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Have to say its nice to hear from HBA, that he has the drive and determination to be a success for the NUFC fans.

HBA – like we didnt love you enough already!!!

• 33 Toonfan8 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Robby Bobson
    Matuidi is like Tiote at his best, but can pass ball…so I want him anyday…and he is starter at PSG, so must be class

• 34 t00ntime // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Just wondering, why do people think the officials were at paris negotiating for cabaye?
    JK, AP, carr and someone else (cant remember his name) were at Nice airport and AP was even spotted at the Lyon match, do people think we flew to paris, talked about cabaye had a roadtrip down to Nice and stopped of at Lyon on the way? :S.
    If they we went to france to talk about Cabaye surely we would of just flown to Paris?

• 35 Rainrix // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Ibiza…. Quite surprised to see Ryder take a bit of a stand there. He’s notorious for dodging the real issues at the club and is usually an extra PR man in effect.

• 36 richyg01 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

@34

Lee Charley – Club Secretary

• 37 bobby mango // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Would be great if we did get a player or two in the deal. Seems far too sensible for NUFC though. Can’t see it happening.

I predict we’ll get 18m for Cabaye. Won’t bring in any first team players.

• 38 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Ibiza, you are right in that Maoc do not hassle people on this blog or other similar sites. Facebook and twitter are alot more effective. I know when they started people from here joined and like yourself alot of people are not from the area so it became clear the difficulty in arranging meetings etc.
    I get sick if people over-publicising their own things on this blog so quite happy Maoc don’t do it here too ;-)
    If Transfer Sage is about, click the link on my name, you had been suggesting such a thing yesterday.

• 39 richyg01 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM

@34

You don’t think they could have met PSG officials at the Lyon game?

• 40 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Stuart…Great read mate. Out of interest, when is it your Dad stopped attending games and likewise yourself?

Rainrix…I know. Just shows really that patience is really running thin. I’m not usually one to be a drama queen (at least I don’t think so, but am bracing myself to be told otherwise :) ), but I think they may have overplayed their hand this time and left it all a bit too late. Granted a fair few will be happy with some new signings for the season ahead, if that is what happens, but a lot of damage has been done this past year and Ryder cuts rut to the core issue for me….what is it that Ashley is actually doing as we’ve had enough of second guessing or hoping it will benefit us.

• 41 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Has Ryder grown a pair by any chance?

• 42 richyg01 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM

@36

I meant Charney sorry, bloody iPhone

• 43 Toonfan8 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM

with Gomis situation, Lyon lost at home 0:2 to Real Sociedad, so they will be out of CL football…so they now need money for Gomis

• 44 catchy in norway // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

IBIZA

do you really 100% think pardew can do a job and is doing it?

i think pardew looks around him at other teams and never fully appriceates what he has right now, he is always looking to improve (rightly so) but carnt ever use what he has right now,

i think if he had barca, he would fcuk them up wishing he had real madrid

and no i dont think he is the only one, carver and stone (both geordies) have both gone down a lot in my estimation, both are there for pay checks, rather than make a difference
    then you have fat boy at the top, he has lost interest

ppl are thinking the guys in france are on a buying someone, but its all about selling cabaye,
    fat boy wants money before he sells the club

• 45 Wiz // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Finally the Chronicle is turning on Ashley. It can clearly see that articles talking up the team are not getting a response. Very good piece from Lee Ryder this morning in which he puts the boot squarely into Ashley. Manchester City have spent 90m but we could quite feasibly have spent 60m – the Sky money. As regards Santon @7, Pardew has only told part of the truth. Of course Cabaye wants to leave. But Ashley wants him to leave. Ashley wants the cash because he can’t bring himself to spend money the club doesn’t raise. It was Ashley who ordered Pardew to take Cabaye out of the squad. Already Ashley is worried about relegation, and quite rightly. He has created a situation in which it is in Kinnear’s own interests to be a roadblock to Pardew’s success. And to buy an essential player we need to sell our best player. It is almost beyond belief. I don’t see how things could get any worse.

• 46 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Mac…It can be a tough balancing act between informing others and coming across as a crazed lunatic standing upon his soapbox lecturing the misguided folk….which usually sends people running away.

Have been reading up on MAoC this morning and fair play to them. I do feel that it perhaps needs a bit more direction or packaging, without wanting to sound like I’m criticising. Easy to pull things apart, doing them is always trickier :)

Either way, it will be good if there can be some positivity and pride restored in some shape or form as I haven’t seen much in a while now.

• 47 Our Toon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Stuart no9, that has to be the best comment I have seen on this blog and so relevant to all that is wrong with our club. Fans getting excited by the prospect of a swap deal….hang your head in shame, a club that is in the top 20 for revenue etc is having to resort to selling a purple to accommodate new signings. Fact is every player at our club knows they have a price on their head, no loyalty from the club means no loyalty from the players. It seems as though we are doing all the leg work to get rid of Cabaye which is just wrong, Arsenal bid for the player on Friday and we leak it to everyone on the day of the match…and no one bats an eyelid on this blog. Wenger’s comments yesterday at his press conference says it all, you in the press have no idea what is happening and when the bid was made so why criticise what you don’t understand.

• 48 StephenW // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Menez, sakho and matuidi are all world class players, if two of them where involved even without cash we’d be foolish not to accept. Cabaye is my favourite player in the black and white shirt but that’s just good business. Plus menez would solve our striker issues, can play on the wing or upfront as he did for psg last season and did it very effectivly.

• 49 Novocastrian66 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Now I have heard it all. It’s the fans fault we are a poor club. Priceless. If it wasn’t for the loyalty and devotion of our fans the club wouldn’t exist or have the standing it does have within the game.
    There are loads of people who don’t go to the game for whatever reason and that’s there decision and they can please themselves but blaming loyal fans, going to the games for the plight of the club is a disgrace.

• 50 Yohan Kebab // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM

i can see any of our players come and go except, hatem and timmy, i love those two

• 51 mattyNUFC // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Lee Ryder

never thought I’d see the day. On the side of caution just enough to hopefully not get banned

out of the thousands of pointless, Ashley and Pardew-aggrandizing articles I’ve read, this was the only one that was worth my time

• 52 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Catchy…The job he was hired to do? Yes. The job us fans want him to do? Not for most of them.

I’m talking about Pardew keeping his job. I think there are two things that would lead to Ashley firing him.

1) Not meeting his objectives. I am more and more believing that the objective is to stay in the PL, there has been little to date to suggest otherwise. Glimpses of hope, but little follow through.
    2) As and when or if needed, Pardew will be made the scapegoat for Ashley.

That is what I mean by doing his job. I truly think your frustrations are aimed in the wrong direction Catchy. Yes Pardew has his faults, but those wont be address imo by a change of manager as Ashley will only aspire to more of the same…of course, just my opinion.

• 53 Sellemall // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Been a long time reader or the blog but never had login, so thought i would join to discuss the recent events of yet another pathetic (except january) transfer window.
    Firstly though, hello Ed and all

Ever player has a price and if we get 20m for Cabye we have done really well. I cannot imagine many players of Sakhos quality wanting to join a non CL club, but it would be a great signing just to put steven tailor on the bench, hes not good enough, all he has is his commitment and heart (what the french lack). Is anyone else not worried by the amount of french we now have, and the fact the graham carr second home is france…. is it not time to look else where?

• 54 Santon03 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Catchy

They are not there to sell Cabaye, they are there to watch some players they going to buy.
    Do you think they go there and asking PSG or Monaco, can you buy Cabaye for 25mil please?
    Even if they want to sell him, they won’t go there. the buyers will think we are desperate and the bid won’t be higher than 10mil at the end.

• 55 t00ntime // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM

@Richy dont know. Just seems strange to meet them at Lyon then go to Nice and fly home, when they could of just booked a flight to paris (both Paris and Nice are about the same distance away from Lyon if I remember right.) and whilst AP watched Lyon the other 3 cud of been in paris talking. Then meet up there instead of at Nice.
    (Since only AP was spotted at Lyon I think)

Aw well guess we will find out soon enough. (Btw dont know i you guys saw it but nufc.com said we were moving in on 2 targets and Mark Douglas said it is very possible, neither trust worthy sources like but thought I’d say :P)

• 56 StephenW // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM

3 players outside psg that would be good replacements for cabaye:
    – remy cabella of montpellier
    – gourcuff of lyon
    – valbuena of OM
    Id prefer the last one but their all extremely good players

• 57 danuneek // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Gourcuff + Sakho + £15m = Deal. Optimistic?

• 58 danuneek // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Haha oh wait, I forgot Gourcuff plays for Lyon haha! Yorkie, its not for girls!

• 59 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Staurt No 9 I don’t buy your line. People have a right to go to games and moan if they want to. Those people who urge boycotts tend to be the armchair fans anyway, who have work commitments, live too far away, can’t afford it, play golf, have the kids to look after etc. Besides, our club under Ashley is a million miles away from the days of Lord Westwood and Gordon McKeag. I remember Wednesday nights in November in the freezing cold and pissing rain with no cover when the attendance was in the four figures. I remember the likes of Mick Martin, John Trewick, Mick Harford, George Reilly, Billy Rafferty etc being the star signings on whom our hopes rested. It was the power of big money that changed things, not fan power. If you want a change, you’d be better off printing a glossy brochure or making a promotional video and touting it to the world’s rich playboys. Try positive action instead of negative.

• 60 numba9 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Stu 9 that was a spot on piece and sounds similar to my beliefs and what my dad and me went thru. Last home game I attended was Wigan 2010 had enough of Ashley by then

• 61 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Lol, direction Ibiza, I think the name gives it away?

• 62 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Good morning folks, I see many on here don’t agree with what I’ve said and that’s their right, fair enough.

I am not from Newcastle, that is true, but I have been to St James’ Park many times, I went on a weekly basis when we were in the Championship and I have travelled from Ireland to go to matches as much as is humanly and financially possible for me to do so.

Does that give me less of an opinion over the best interest of our football club? Certainly not. In fact, Geordies do not know how lucky they are to be living no more than a stones throw or a metro ride away from St James’ Park, and by the mere convenience of where you are born, you think you’ve the right to say I have less of an opinion over boycotts?

Well, it is that blinkered mentality that has seen you all herded into St James’ Park last season, paying the piper while he leads on a merry dance to mediocrity.

I said last night, and I will say again, if you do what you’ve always done, you will get what you’ve always got.

Stop bleating on about “we average 52,000 fans a week, and we got over 40,000 while we were in the Championship” blah blah blah

why is that something to be proud of? It just means you are all gluttons for punishment that you will gladly give your hard earned cashed to a fat cockney b****rd who cannot believe his luck that he has bought a club where, no matter how badly you treat it or its fans, they will come back and ask for bloody seconds!

If you care about this club, you will stop going to football matches and stop buying season tickets, and stop buying merchandise. By all means support the club on away days, that will show you still care, but if your only interest is satisfying your weekly ritual because you’ve done it for your whole lifetime then I am afraid you are not doing it for the club, you’re doing it for yourself, which makes you incredibly selfish.

It means that you’ll sit idly by while our club goes into the mire. That makes you to blame.

Give me abuse for not being Geordie, if you want, tell me I haven’t got a right to voice my opinion because of the nature of where I was born compared to the man who lives 20 yards from St James’ Park, but don’t tell me I don’t care.

You were born with this club, your parents supported it, and their parents before them and so on and so on.

I chose this club, and maybe I do not understand the “ritual” of going to St James’ Park on a Saturday, but don’t tell me I don’t care about this club and am not willing to do something to try and help it.

• 63 stan anderson // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Each supporter has the right to do what he pleases,go to all games,go to home games,or only go to the away fixtures or some games what fit in with their lifestyle.And each one of us has a right to say what they feel about the current situation at the club we all love.
    I choose to only watch the team if i am taking my grandsons nowadays,but still have my oppinion and i will give it even if nobody agrees with it.
    As i a previous post my father laughed at me for watching them in the late 50s onwards and i also was gutted when we lost and he laughed at me.
    I remember in the early 60s about 62 ish we had a cup match with Shef Wed.and we had a boatload of snow fell and the match was in danger of postponement,me and my mate played hooky from school on the Friday to go over and volunteer to clear the snow off the terraces.
    We worked half the day doing this and were invited back on the Sat.morning to complete the job.We recieved some sort of payment, but we only wanted the match to go ahead,as we had beat them away the previous match.Guess what we f—–g well lost,2-1 ithink.I still have that love for my hometown club but would,nt do anything to help this bunch in charge now.
    I feel i can hve my say as much as anyone else can.

• 64 MacToon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Ha ha, nice one Stan.

• 65 oldbobaycliffe // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

just goes to show about the media pardew at the lyon game watching gomis play only thing was he didn,t play

• 66 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Ruddy – You’re not a Geordie and you don’t live here so perhaps its easier for you. Your action won’t necessarily get the result you want. Even if Ashley leaves, you have no control over who comes. Any new owner could be far worse. If you’re so keen to et rid of Mikey, get a promotional video done, selling the club to the rich boys. If the media pick it up, it could go global.

• 67 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Mac…Ha ha, isn’t that more the destination?

Tbh, like I said earlier, I am only just starting to read up on the group and maybe have missed something, but it doesn’t seem to give much of an option other than the name suggests…ashley out. I know the idea of change is difficult to believe, but I think it would be important to at least offer the opportunity.

I’m not talking about, “oh right, Mike got us 3 players after we kicked off, good job lads, back to games we go”, but a proper structure.

Don’t mean to offend, i’m sure a lot of this has been discussed to death in the meetings etc and us newbies are just jumping in and getting over excited ;)

• 68 stuart no9 // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM

ibiza — now then fella you alright? thanks for that , my dad stopped going late sixties early seventies, a few years after the fairs cup , but started going again during the keegan era untill his leg got so bad he had to stop all together. I on the otherhand stopped for a while in the late seventies for a few years , but noticed things were starting to pick up early eighties , started going back again untill feb this year then didnt renew my ticket.

• 69 Scottiedog // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Would it be easier to just Relocate NUFC to France to make it easier for the Players and Scouting staff!?!?!?!?!?

I am completely fed up with club and beginning to think this the last straw :-(

Why are we not going after Scott Sinclair?? Why are we waiting on Tom Ince?? Why are we not going for proven player with Premier League Experience???

We seem to want to flood the Squad with French players for some very strange reason and this is having a huge detrimental effect on the team.

• 70 lochinvar // Aug 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM

If Pardew and JFK etc were at Nice airport as rumured then this is the airport that also serves Monaco. Connections in France are primarily through Paris ( Paris Charles De Gaulle airport ) so they probably flew out from Manchester and can return there or direct to Newcastle. Cabaye needs and wants to be in France so Monaco or PSG seems logical. He acheives zippo / nothing by going to Arsenal. and risks becoming isolated in London as a rotated player. Looks like our lot were doing a grand tour to maximise both sales (Cabaye and Debuchy ? ) and buying ( ? ) possibilities. We shall see..

• 71 Paul P // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

10 million plus verratti and sakho for cabaye and I would be happy with that

• 72 stuart no9 // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM

novocastrian @ 66 52000 going to the game every week has done the club a load of good hasnt it?? because of your support to ashley, our trophy room is full to the brim with silver ware – we are bottom of the league selling all our best players , and probably getting relegated . thanks .

• 73 Sav // Aug 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I do think we need a big CB who isn’t afraid of the ball to partner Colo. We need this as much as another striker. Our hoofing the ball in a panic is half the reason we can’t get the ball to Cisse. I don’t think another striker would have helped at all on Monday night. Another quality CB would have. I’ve had it with Taylor. He has milked all the ‘local lad’ goodwill and I’m fed up with his antics. He can beat his chest and pump his fists on the bench (if he’s lucky) – it isn’t what wins games. Compared to him, Williamson gets a raw deal as there’s little to choose between them in terms of quality. If PSG can pay out 27 million on a 19 year-old CB it just shows you how far we’ve fallen.

• 74 Donsmacau // Aug 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Rabiot + Sakho +15m = Cabaye

• 75 The overrated Frenchman // Aug 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Sav- couldn’t agree more. We need a big centre back who isn’t a moronic log like Taylor, or a Championship quality player like Williamson. It won’t happen of course. I recall Pardew saying not long ago that he didn’t need to strengthen the defence. Yeah, right…

previous post: Newcastle Negotiating Big Deal For Cabaye With PSG