Newcastle May Try to Get Players And Cash From PSG

One player Newcastle have been interested in for over two years now  is 23 year-old French International center-back Mamadou Sakho, who has been finding it hard to get playing time at the Paris club, especially after PSG signed 19 year-old Brazilian center-back Marquinos from Sao Paulo for £27M this summer.

Mamadou Sakho in French coloras

Mamadou Sakho – could try to get this player from PSG

And since the news this morning is that Newcastle are negotiating with PSG on a deal for Yohan Cabaye, maybe Newcastle can look at some of the players available at PSG, and include them in the deal.

And the one that immediately comes to mind is Sakho, and since the Newcastle defense still looked  poor at Manchester city on Monday night, why not bring Sakho in, and then Newcastle could sell Mike Williamson for around £3M before the window closes.

And since Joe Kinnear seems to be having lots of trouble signing good players this summer, we could do it all in one deal – maybe get Sakho(and maybe one or two others)  plus cash for Cabaye.

The difficulty in these types of deal is that clubs try to rate their players highly, but Sakho has just one year left on his contract, and if he doesn’t leave this summer he could become a free agent next summer.

Mamadou has played 14 times for France and 196 times for PSG with 7 goals since joining his home-town club back in 1996 as a six year-old.

matuidi blase

Matuidi Blaise – 26 year-old PSG midfielder

There are also midfield players at PSG like Matuidi Blaise and Jeremy Menez that Newcastle could be interested in,  as a part exchange deal for Cabaye, although those two players could be expensive.

It’s just a thought, but could guarantee Newcastle get some players in and not be left with huge money to spend in the last 12 days of the transfer market, when other clubs will elevate their prices for any Newcastle targets.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• catchy in norway

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

sick as a chip

• Indian Magpie

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Figment of Imagination

• reccerobbo

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

If only

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

We will Cabaye and not sign anyone anyone else.

Welcome to nufc circus.

• Indian Magpie

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Now i am Sick. I wanted to be First. 😉

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Lose*

• Santon03

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Ibiza repost

I think this is similar case like Colocini.
    Cabaye asked Debuchy his close friend to join us and then he wants to go? and I read somewhere that Ashley favourite player is Cabaye, it will take more than 25mil imo.
    I suspect he has some disagreement with pardew is the reason why he didn’t start against city.

• Ben3arfa

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

15m + Sakho = GOOD deal

I personally would like either Gourcoff or Manuel Fernandes to replace Cabaye

• Greebol1892

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM

This lad’s quality and I’d be happy if we could manage to get him or Alderweireld by end of January so we have a replacement for Coloccini if he goes, or quality back-up for injuries.
    We all know S. Taylor is not good enough and I laughed at the suggestion of 3m for Williamson HA! If anyone was daft enough to be interested, we’d be lucky to get 1.5m. Certainly not a PL player.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Santon…I suppose we shall see mate. I’m not one to usually get swept up in hearsay, but it all does seem to point to a cab for cabs…stranger things have happened though.

• joeinthecheapseats

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Why not buy before Cabaye is finally sold
    Spurs have the right idea new players improves morale and performance on the pitch
    Would take Ince Gomis Alderweild and Mcarthy
    Give free transfers to Obertan and Shola to free up wages
    Sell Taylor after Mondays debacle as he can only cut it against average and poor teams.

• Pokat

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Disillusionment. The final nail in a players’ commitment to the cause. Cabaye has lost faith in the Pardew Project and just wants out. Thankfully for him its CL clubs lining up. The Man C game, though unwinnable, showed that the fight has abandoned the team. Pards has his work cut out now that’s for sure.

• Santon03

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Ibiza

I do believe he will stay.
    I have a question for you: do you think pardew will stay as manager until end of the season? if not, how long do you reckon?

• richyg01

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Menez + Sakho + £10M

Happy Days.

• Pokat

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Has gourcuff sorted himself out yet? Not a player who has made much of his supposed skills.

• Greebol1892

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Mentioning Gourcuff… watched quite a bit of him but nothing really outstanding. Reasonable work rate, good passer & crosser. Good at set pieces. I think he would struggle with the physicality of PL (like Debuchy). Probably worth 4m tops IMO.

Incidentally, I wish some of the fans would give Debuchy more time before writing him off. He is a quality player but needs more time to adjust.
    I feel sorry for all our players atm having to play under a tactically naive manager that is not good enough and cannot get the best out of players.

• Pokat

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM

If Pards gets past 3 months I think he will hang on grimly to the season end.

• jimmysmith

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Id be more than happy if we swapped Cabs and cash for 3 top players to add to what looks a flat, borderline sullen group that badly needs an injection of quality and moreover confidence and vitality.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

More outgoings? Apparantly QPR want shola

• Toonfan8

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

sell cabaye…15M+Sakho…or Matuidi+Sakho….
    bring Gomis 8M…Ince 8M…if not Matuidi then bring another CM Mc Carthy 10M….
    team much improved
    MYM..Colo…Sakho…Santon
    ……..Matuidi…..Sissoko
    Remy…….HBA…….Ince
    …………..Gomis………..
    or
    MYM..Colo…Sakho…Santon
    ……Mc Carthy..Sissoko
    Remy….HBA…..Ince
    …………Gomis……..

• Robby Bobson

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Straight swap for jeremy menez!

Sorry, living in dreamland.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Santon…Bit early for that type of question….I’m not sure how to call anything right now tbh, there are just too many factors at play to make any sort of educated guess.

My gut tells me though that he will still be here come the end of the season, unless we are constantly sitting in or right above the relegation spaces. I don’t think for a second that being a championship club is part of any plan of Ashleys, as we saw last January.

For me, Pardews reign is just not even close to being the biggest issue at the club that I don’t really may much attention anymore. He can do a job and probably is doing the job he’s been hired to do…he’s not the problem imo.

• richyg01

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM

If he is going to leave us, then I would prefer that he also left the EPL, so PSG is best for him and for us.

• Robby Bobson

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Toonfan 8….wouldnt wamt matuadi, hes a class player but we need someone who can look after the ball to replace cabaye.

• Our Toon

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

A couple of people have hit the nail on the head and stated what I have been saying for some time now, “support the team not the regime” that statement is utter nonsense. By going to the matches and buying merchandise all fans are doing is condoning the behaviour of Ashley and Co, by going to games you are indirectly supporting the regime whether you like it or not. The body language of the players on Monday looked as if they’ve had enough of this regime/manager, do we really think they care if we have 52,000 supporting them? When the owner himself isn’t supporting them? Hence vote with your feet, I managed to support the team without spending a penny on Monday (first time in 15 years), I’m sure others can as well.

It’s a shame that we have to actively sell one of our purples to fund the transfer dealings of new arrivals, begs the question though…..where on earth is the money generated by the club including the TV deal? Wonga deal? Why sell before we can buy? Where is your match day/season ticket money going? WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

• mattyNUFC

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

honestly, a straight swap for Jeremy Menez would be nice, but we’d be getting the better player no doubt.

But, PSG is new rich, and everything they don’t have seems better than what they do have. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of Menez, Sakho, Matuidi or the like come in plus 5mil or so. tear their f****** hand off for that.

Too bad veratti just signed a year long extension. I’d give them Cabaye and 10mil for him

• richyg01

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Where is Shola story from?

Straight swap for Mbia?

• richyg01

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM

And the same newspaper reports that Paris Saint-Germain are ready to outbid Arsenal for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye and deal another transfer market blow to Arsene Wenger. Meanwhile, the Magpies could revive their interest in Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis who was watched by boss Alan Pardew last night.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Richy
    One if the papers can’t remember which one!

• stuart no9

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

fans who still go to games ‘home and away’ IMO dont have the right to moan when the team suffer ‘cronic ‘ defeats like they did on monday night.

That has not always been thre case. Ever since the early sisties when i first started going, weve gone through patches where we’d have a decent side – agreat side- a calamity of a side, no matter whar side turned out on a saturday i would be there with my mates watching from the leazes and later from the gallowgate.

I remember when , during a really bad spell , the attendence dropped to about 15’000 at best, team wernt great, no big names, bottom of league- everything about the club was at an all time low, but me and me mates would still turn up- get soaked in the gallowgate, whatch a sh/t team get hammered week in week out, why? because that was our saturday- thats what we done.

At the time , i could see the crowds getting less, i was aware the team were rubbish, mainly because our owners were greedy so and so’s who were creaming the club dry.with not 1 glimmer of hope of a win never mind success, that didnt matter to me, i would turn up week in week out like a stupid idiot pay my money on the door for 90 mins of torture.i enjoyed it at the time.

My dad , from where i caught the bug- thanks dad you bast..d, pulled me over after 1 disasterous showing and explained to me, why after all these years he stood in the same stands as me watching the likes of jackie milburn-the robledo bros. charle crow, all these lads who were greats at the time, why he stopped going , he explained how the fans were gettingrobbed of a decent side by greedy owners, he explained what was happening, he explained why thre big lads were big and we wernt.

I kept going to games , but started to realise this big change in team success i was hoping for wasnt going to happen, there would be no succes no cups no titles . why had all the fans stopped going- the reason was becaust they didnt want to line our greedy owners pockets for nothing in return, and that the ‘ nothing in return’ to me was the problem- i was being fleeced week in week out.

After 1 game i went home and started moaning to me dad how bad it was , he started laughing, which got my back up a bit coz weve just been stuffed 4- nowt at home
    ‘are you still going up there’ he said laughing- youll never learn son , youl never learn, i turned to my mum who was whistling while baking a cake and said ‘ will you tell him to stop laughing, seeing how upset i was , she went in the room and said to dad ‘ john stop winding him up’ dad came in and explained to me how and why newcastle would never have a good team as long as idiots like me turned up week in week out lining the directors pockets’ keep going if you want BUT dont come crying to me everytime they get beat ‘dont go’ he shouted trying to get it into my thick head that i was the reason why nothing was changing at the club.

Bearing in mind crowds were down to about 14000 i did stop going . it wasnt easy , i had this urge to jump on abus every saturday and head to town but i didnt , instead i would be glued to the radio listen to csores coming in. I realised i didnt have a right to moan after gamesas it was my fault for going in the first place and was not listening to advice from my dad before me.Hes 93 now still sits in front of telly with sky sports , watching newcastle with his shirt on.

Go to the games if you want , but dont moan , you havnt got the right to moan about something you have been warned about and know, as long as you attend the games you are lining the owners pockets. YOU are to blame.

• richyg01

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Have to say its nice to hear from HBA, that he has the drive and determination to be a success for the NUFC fans.

HBA – like we didnt love you enough already!!!

• Toonfan8

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Robby Bobson
    Matuidi is like Tiote at his best, but can pass ball…so I want him anyday…and he is starter at PSG, so must be class

• t00ntime

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Just wondering, why do people think the officials were at paris negotiating for cabaye?
    JK, AP, carr and someone else (cant remember his name) were at Nice airport and AP was even spotted at the Lyon match, do people think we flew to paris, talked about cabaye had a roadtrip down to Nice and stopped of at Lyon on the way? :S.
    If they we went to france to talk about Cabaye surely we would of just flown to Paris?

• Rainrix

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Ibiza…. Quite surprised to see Ryder take a bit of a stand there. He’s notorious for dodging the real issues at the club and is usually an extra PR man in effect.

• richyg01

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

@34

Lee Charley – Club Secretary

• bobby mango

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Would be great if we did get a player or two in the deal. Seems far too sensible for NUFC though. Can’t see it happening.

I predict we’ll get 18m for Cabaye. Won’t bring in any first team players.

• MacToon

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Ibiza, you are right in that Maoc do not hassle people on this blog or other similar sites. Facebook and twitter are alot more effective. I know when they started people from here joined and like yourself alot of people are not from the area so it became clear the difficulty in arranging meetings etc.
    I get sick if people over-publicising their own things on this blog so quite happy Maoc don’t do it here too 😉
    If Transfer Sage is about, click the link on my name, you had been suggesting such a thing yesterday.

• richyg01

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM

@34

You don’t think they could have met PSG officials at the Lyon game?

• Ibizatoon

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Stuart…Great read mate. Out of interest, when is it your Dad stopped attending games and likewise yourself?

Rainrix…I know. Just shows really that patience is really running thin. I’m not usually one to be a drama queen (at least I don’t think so, but am bracing myself to be told otherwise 🙂 ), but I think they may have overplayed their hand this time and left it all a bit too late. Granted a fair few will be happy with some new signings for the season ahead, if that is what happens, but a lot of damage has been done this past year and Ryder cuts rut to the core issue for me….what is it that Ashley is actually doing as we’ve had enough of second guessing or hoping it will benefit us.