French Reports That PSG Want Both Cabaye And Debuchy

French web-site le10sport is reporting that PSG is working on a double deal with Newcastle, to get both Mathieu Debuchy and Yohan Cabaye to the Paris based club, before the window closes in early September.

yohan cabaye and mathieu debuchy 99

Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchyy

The French web-site is reporting they have information that PSG want both Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy, and of course the two of them are very close friends, having played together for a number of years at Lille.

Cabaye left the then French Champions two years ago for around £4.3M, and Newcastle tried to get Debuchy last summer, but failed and finally bought him for around £6M in January.

The news on Yohan Cabaye is not new, and of course PSG manager Laurent Blanc has talked about the 27 year-old French International incessantly over the summer months, and Arsenal made a €12M bid last Sunday, and news this morning that PSG may have bid €15M for Cabaye.

There was a report last week on the same French web-site that mentioned PSG may also be interested in 28 year-old Mathieu Debuchy, but we didn’t take much notice of it at the time.

But with Newcastle being in talks with PSG earlier this week, maybe the two clubs are trying to work out a double deal so PSG can take the two Frenchmen – but it would cost the Paris club around £30M for the two French Internationals – that’s what we think Mike Ashley would ask for the two of them.

Whether he can get that money from PSG is another matter however.

As it happens Debuchy had a terrible game at Manchester City on Monday night, and may not be well equipped to handle the fast play in the Premier League.

Arsenal are still said to be interested in Yohan Cabaye, and we’re not sure whether there is any truth in the report, but if Newcastle can get big enough money, the Magpies may be willing to sell both players.

But the Tyneside club would need to bring in adequate replacements – and there’s only 11 days left in the transfer window.

Not sure how accurate this report is – but at least it’s interesting. 😀

What do you think?

Comments welcome – but please keep them civil.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• expatmag

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Yep, 30 million quid and they have a ceal

• expatmag

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

deal

• Hatem Ben Hutley

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I’m sensing a last day steal from us. Leaving us in the crap again. Remember the last minute rush to buy Nzogbia last year? Not good

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Ruddy

I definitely think Santon has progressed, as has Krul. Most players were dire last season but I thought Santon came on a bit to be honest.

And if we finish outside the top 10 (and I’m not really counting it if we’re 2 points from 6th or something similarly close), and Pardew stays then I will be seriously unhappy because that would be a 2nd failure in 2 seasons.

You’re not going to just get rid of Ashley just like that though. It’s a bit like not liking your neighbours and constantly whinging that they should sell up and leave despite them being in negative equity.

• Spoof

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

TDS

I think your being a bit harsh concerning Skrtel, he is the type of CB which we need, and with Toure and Agger he is not assured of his place, he may prefer to join a better club than us but there is no certainty that one would come in for him, the only way we will improve is if we sign better than what we have, so to call someone deluded because they mention a player who fits the bill is a bit rough.

I am not saying he is available as I don’t know if he is, but I would also suggest that he is the type we should be going for.

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM

It’s absolutely ridiculous that we haven’t gone for Sinclair, and it seems Ince isn’t in our thoughts either.

A combination of the fact that the club is too busy scraping around France for players with get out clauses, and the fact that Pardew rates Jonas so damn highly that he doesn’t think we need a left winger.

If Jonas needs to be in the team, then let it be at CM. He retains possession and plays the simple passes well. It’s a waste of a forward position with him on the left.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM

DarnSarf

I agree it will be difficult to get rid of Ashley, doesn’t mean I don’t want him gone. If someone said, would I rather get rid of Ashley or Pardew I would have to say Ashley, despite the fact that would be much easier to just sack Pardew.

I do not think Santon has progressed, but I’m not getting into that, and Krul is a world class goalkeeper whom I think is getting closer and closer to the exit as we trundle from disappointing window to disappointing window.

• AmericanGeordie

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM

They can have them both for 25mil, as far as I’m concerned. Just get the deal done soon so we can reinvest ALL the money in THIS window.

Debuchy has been a disappointment so far. He clearly brings A LOT more attacking intent than Simpson could in his wildest dreams, but he’s been an enormous liability defensively since he’s arrived. We can hope he’ll settle in over time, but it might be best to just move on (especially if he’s so attached to Cabaye).

As far as settling in goes, you know Haidara is only 20, and he’s never looked so poor as Debuchy. We can move Santon over to the right, and buy or fill in with what we have (MYM, Dummet, Haidara, Raylor) on the left.

• Vest

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Must be our lucky day today 🙂

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

AmericanGeordie

agreed 100%

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Toonfan8/Spoof

Napoli are being linked because of Benitez and they have had a £10M big turned down apparently.

I’m not saying he wouldn’t be a good signing for us but here are a few reasons he won’t come:
    – he’ll cost more than £10M
    – he’s 28
    – he would demand very high wages
    – he’s currently 3rd choice for Liverpool

How often does a club outside of the top 6 sign a player from a top 6 club that is surplus to requirements and they turn out to be good enough to start for a top 8 club?

I can think of Smith, Obertan, Simpson, Campbell, Duff etc. who definitely weren’t…any successes?

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Before we criticise the club for not going in for Ince, Sinclair etc. I want to wait and see who we get in. I’d love to know why Sinclair isn’t coming if he’s available on loan but maybe we didn’t want to guarantee him the first team football he wants with a World Cup coming up?

For all the people who want to see action, why not get involved with the 15 person strong group that the club is putting together? I haven’t heard anything about that for a little while.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM

DarnSarf

Phil Neville is the only one that immediately springs to mind. Tim Howard as well.

• G.unit

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM

If true, which I very much doubt it is, if they have been watching Debuchy in the last 8 months, it would make getting rid of Simpson even more ridiculous. Simpson, I thought was decent on his day and a very good back up. Perhaps he didn’t fancy sitting on the bench, which is what Debuchy will do if he ends up at PSG.

• Spoof

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM

TDS

you may well be right, and he may go to Napoli, but deluded was a bit strong, and for all we know he may prefer to stay in England, there’s only one way to find out, make an enquiry, in all honesty I think the suggestion is a good one.

• ToonAndy

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I’d say 32 for them both (25 for CABAYE, 7 for DEBUCHY)

Bring in:
    Viktor Fischer – 8 mil
    Wijnaldum – 8 mil
    Alderweireld – 5 mil
    Tadic – 7-8 mil
    Graham car right back – 5-6 mil

Sorted

• ToonJovi

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM

If we can get Sakho out of the deal, and put in convincing bids for Micah Richards, Tom Ince and James McCarthy then its a gd deal… Based in Debuchy and Cabayes most recent form in black and white and their constant injury troubles.

• Wiz

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Toondarnsarf … Ashley is not in negative equity. He’s at least fifty million pounds in credit on player sales alone. None of that is showing on the pitch. The club is profitable. He could get fifty million quid more than he bought it for and would not have had to pay a penny off the loan account he keeps on saying is still outstanding. Where is the sixty million from Sky? If he doesn’t spend that, where has it gone? Unfortunately our owner is in position for the most dispiriting reason of all – to make money. But from all accounts he now thinks he can make more money by owning Rangers. Nufc.com is still running the story that he is going to sell our club and buy Rangers outright. Wouldn’t that be great?

• AmericanGeordie

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM

@Toon DownSouth. Agreed on Jonas! I’ve been saying for a while that he is cover as a holding CM at this point in his career. He doesn’t have enough class in the attacking end, nor enough speed any longer on the wing.

HOWEVER, he is a tireless worker with a lion’s heart who is strong on the ball, brave in the tackle, great at wining free kicks and a capable and willing defender.

He is a holding mid in AP’s 4-2-3-1. Period. I’d keep him as cover for Tiote (def not in first XI), and use him and his fresh legs late in games to hold leads.

• niafron

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Bonjour messieurs.

Well, got problem with this news. First, le 10 sport isn’t th emost reliable french site, second, PSG already have two good RB…

• dantoon85

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM

25 mil and Sakho for debs and cabs and you have a deal blanc!!!!!!!!

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Ruddy

Phil Neville is a good shout actually. That was quite an interesting move seeing as he could still have done a job for Utd. He’s definitely an old-school personality player though, I’d have loved him at our club, but I bet some fans would still have been up in arms if we’d have signed him!

Howard is a different case I think. It’s tough being a 2nd choice GK so there are quite often top class GKs playing for lesser clubs.

• Spoof

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM

TDS

so based on your theory at 11, how can you then stand by your view at 6, in all honesty you have set yourself up to be shot at, so it may be best if we cut out the deluded or other offensive comments, would you not agree.

• luke.r

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I would happily give them Sakho!

Stick santon on the right, see how he does there and put Dummet on and see what he can do.

If Newcastle have any brains (which we all know they don’t) they would try and get Sakho in the deal and then we’d take less money. That would be perfect!

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Spoof

Ok, maybe not quite deluded…dreaming? I’d love it if we signed him but I just can’t see it happening. And I don’t even know if he is “available” but at £10M+ it’s definitely not happening…

• jimBOB

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

if we get a 30 mil offer then I would think Ashley would deal, dissapointed at debuchey, just dosent seem to care, gives away silly fouls and he never seems aware of his surroundings.

don’t rate him attacking either, put Anita at RB, my team with current squad and without cabs and debuch.

Krul

anita mbiwa colo santon
    tiote
    hba sissoko marv

remy cisse

• Wiz

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

ToonAndy, I’ve added up your transfer values and you seem to have a touching faith that there is some kind of relationship between what we get in sales and what then becomes available for purchases.

• Belfast-Toon

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I really like debs but its so apparent that he cannot handle the pace and power of the prem league… Lets hope this is done quickly so we can bring some young quality players that wna work and play for us!

• nufc_eire

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

We prob rate the two lads at 30m, (Debuchy 10m, Cabaye 20m). We get them to give us Menez & Van der Wiel + 15m (they are looking to get rid of both lads). Gourcuff for 10m, Alderweireld for 8m. That leaves us needing a ST and replacement RB + winger which we should be able to get from the ~20m extra tv money this year

GK: Krul / Elliot
    RB: Van der Wiel / Backup RB
    LB: Santon / Haidara
    CB: Alderweireld / Coloccini
    CB: MYM / Saylor
    CDM: Tiote / Bigirimana
    CM: Sissoko / Anita
    CAM: Gourcuff / Marveaux
    LW: Ben Arfa / Gouffran
    RW: Menez / Winger
    CF: Cisse / Remy / Tall ST

We do need a couple of english players to meet the quotas though

• luke.r

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM

would happily give them debuchy not sakho haha *

• Spoof

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM

TDS

don’t stop dreaming m8, it’s we have to keep our sanity lol

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Wiz

There are just too many holes in your arguments there for me to respond to all of them…

The club was bought for around £137M and I believe the debt will still be around £100M at the moment. So someone would need to pay at least £240M to buy the club from Ashley. That’s the only thing that matters.

• Toon1978

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Bloody hell. PSG may want to come back for the carcass when they have finished taking the meat ffs. Clubs like PSG really pee me off. We do not have time for players going out, we need players in NOW. I have my suspicions that Ashley might be selling the club with the total lack of any ambition in this window. No owner would receive 60 million and put nothing back into the club, something doesn’t sit right. I am not an Ashley fan as you all know and i know he is tight but he ain’t that tight as to risk the club sinking into the CC again. I think he may be on his way out. I would quite happily see him sell up and see no one else come in this summer.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

DarnSarf

To be fair though, Neville only showed himself capable of being a top 6 player when he played week in week out for Everton, I never thought he was a decent player until he left Man U.

GK or not, your question was about players surplus to requirements playing at top 6 clubs 😉

• Sazzer

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

niafron
    I think they want to get rid of Van Der Wiel.

• niafron

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I also head we could be after Gourcuff.

Would be a major risk for me… DOn’t say a mistake, in football, you never know, but would definitively not do that.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Spoof

Because I didn’t write the post @6 🙂

• ToonDownSouth

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

DarnSarf

Jonas currently has a guaranteed starting spot, so I’m pretty damn sure we could guarantee Sinclair one!

• JackButler

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

On performances alone they can have Debucky for free

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Afternoon all, how are we doing?