Newcastle Interested In Marseilles Winger

There is a report in lesport10.com today that Newcastle have become interested in Ghanaian winger Andre Ayew, who is currently at French club Marseilles.

André Ayew

Andre Ayew – Marseilles winger/striker

The 43 times capped Ghanaian  International can play up front as a striker or on the wing, and the 23 year-old joined Marseilles from Nania in 2005, when he was just 15 years old.

Ayew was born in Seclin, a community just outside of Lille, to Ghanaian parents, and he started his football career with Ghanaian club Nania back in 1999, and made his debut for the club at the age of 14.

Andre is the son of the three time African Footballer of the Year winner Abedi Pele, who also used to play at Marseilles.

The 23 year-old signed for Marseilles in 2009, and the player is often referred to as Dede.

The French report is that after pursuing Marseilles striker André-Pierre Gignac and not getting much joy, Newcastle are now interested in Ayew, and Alan Pardew is said to be keen on the player.

Andre Ayew had a release clause in his contract of €18M, but that is now said to be obsolete, and his price is said to be around  €10M (€8.5M),   and it seems Marseilles are ready to sell the Ghanaian, who has played 135 times for Marseilles with 42 goals and 12 assists, and he seems  a decent enough player.

Inter-Milan and Naples were two Italian clubs who were said to be interested in the player earlier in the year.

However, Newcastle are supposed to be linked with so many players these days it’s got our heads spinning – but this is what’s being reported in France today.

Here’s some video of the player scoring some goals this year.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

wish…but cant see it happening

• Greebol1892

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Repost:

All this talk of new signings is doing me heed in.

Why would Ashley fork out for a manager he doesn’t want?? The best we can hope for is loan deals.

Kinnear will sign a couple of players in January, by which time he will be manager.

Ashley has realised AP is not good enough and is trying to force him out (by bringing JOE KINNEAR in to undermine him).
    Expect more emotions from AP in the coming weeks like he was pre-match Monday night.

• niafron

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Re post

@Sazzer

Still, they got Jalet, and i didn’t heard anything about that.

Le 10 sport is known to generally make some stroy telling with elements who look logical, but without any hard materials.

So this is something like: “Ok, PSG want Cabaye… Cabaye and Debuchy are friends, and Debuchy got trouble to settle in England… Moreover, he certainly came to Newcastle cause of Cabaye… So if Cabaye leave… Well, wait a minute, Debuchy could leave with him! Fascinating isn’t it?!”

THis is the way they work, so i would be very carefull with thi news as long there’s nothing from another source…

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Ruddy…Yeah, I even noticed poor old Santon getting questioned about his memory on Twitter… 🙂

So…Ayew aye? Not so sure about this coming from Narnia business…

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

ToonDownSouth

Sinclair is more lightweight and much more an attacking tricky winger than Jonas. Nice to have in the box of tricks to unluck an opposing defence but we already got rid of Routledge who was almost as good and we’ve got Fergie on loan and Sammy available.

Really, I’d only want to sign him on loan if we wanted him on a permanent deal but it wasn’t feasible and we had an agreement to sign him at the end of the season. I don’t want us to be improving players for other clubs if we can help it.

• dantoon85

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

If only we were that ambitious

• JackButler

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

We are interested in everyone who owns a pair of bloody boot’s but we’re not signing any of them.

I’m interested in seeing Charlize Theron in my house covered in Nutella but that’s not gonna happen either!

Laurel and Hardy are sailing the Good Ship Newcastle into oblivion

• niafron

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Far more interesting than the precedent news…

Could be a good trail.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Ibiza

I read that, poor Santon, I mean it’s not his fault that the dementia has set in and he no longer remembers that his job is to defend… 😉

• ToonMobile

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Is it just me or has this whole Cabaye saga turned attention away from the chief thing the club were focussing on prior to Monday – that being getting a striker in? Or can those in charge only focus on one thing at a time and the sale of a player is that one thing? Unless of course it is true that no-one else will be coming in unless someone is sold, that would explain it. Or does this story now drag on until then end of the window when of course we have ran out of time to get anyone over any line.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Toonfan8

It would be nice…but it won’t happen. I doubt Sakho either but if he’s not going to play for PSG then he may as well join us and use it as a stepping stone to a CL club in the PL. That seems to be the way of things…

The Xisco days are long gone…

• niafron

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

One thing:

Ayew doesn’t want to play as a winger anymore. He consider himself as a 8 or even a 6.

And if NUFC seriously want him, we could have to bring his little brother with him.

• JackButler

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Can I just say that Scott Sinclair is in a different class to anyone we currently have at the club on the left wing, in fact you’d have to go back to Robert and Ginola before you’d be able to find a comparison in quality

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM

JB….I think you’ve raised a good point there that we should perhaps look in to a little more before moving on…

So, Charlize Theron covered in Nutella? I’ve omitted your house from this scenario 😉

Niafron…We were under the impression that if you buy a Cabaye you get a Debuchy half price?

• JackButler

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Ibiza

that point is worth spending a hell of a lot of time looking into mate 😀

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Wiz

Check out the last accounts and you will get most of your answers…money is money it doesn’t matter where it comes from. Transfer money, sponsor money, TV money, merchandise money, ticket money all goes into a big pot and they use it to pay for everything. Then what’s left is profit and MA can decide if he wants to take it to reduce the debt that the club owes him.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Ruddy…Is defending really that important though? Isn’t that what the GK is there for?

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM

JB…So, Ash, JFK, Pardew and the players out!

90 minutes of Charlize Theron rolling around SJP in Nutella in?

There could be a joke about having a better chance to score than we currently do in here…maybe not though.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM

expatmag – afternoon possum -ya liddle reepa.
    Who you calling ugly?
    Seems you were spouting a bit of a tall story earlier- in respect of the top hats at the match being filled with a certain “fluid”.
    Whilst I, if I had to, could certainly “fill” the top hat -from a standing position. I think if you were going to do the same I’m sure your necessary/obligatory sitting position would have resulted in the top hat being crushed.
    Your other info about the Yankees being driven around -now that definitely has a whiff of truth about it. Somebody posted on here a short time ago about American interest. Not sure myself about being sold to Americans – depends who I suppose -I would fear asset stripping or borrowing money against the club. But who knows.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Ibiza

If you looked closely at our formation on Monday night we were playing a formation that devoid of defenders, pretty bold move and despite being beaten 4-0, it could have been 6-0 or 7-0, so if that isn’t proof that it works, then I don’t know what is!

• niafron

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM

@Ibizzatoon

Well, honestly, it seem some sensational stuff to me… Anyway, maybe in the case of a global trade, so we could have sakho…

But don’t believe in that. Furthermore, there’s no place for even Cab int the actual PSG squad despite the fact Chantaume went on loan yesterday…

Blanc really want him, but the power is fully in the hands of prince Nasser El Khelaifi.

• Pokat

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Eh? Who? Nah Nee way nee how.

Cab? Aye!

• jimBOB

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

maybe bring in Mr tumness and Aslan as well

• Rotonda heights

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Wiz

You’re clutching at straws firstly pardew does not deserve another chance he got found out as he has beena at every club he’s been at and he lost the dressing room a long time ago.

Secondly you could give Pardew Messi, Ronaldo and Bale wouldn’t make a jot of difference, he’d still play them out of position and behind Jonas, Tiote and Shola!

• jokinoot

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Wake me up when we bought any1

• JackButler

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Ibiza

Whoa there fella, she’s mine and mine alone, if you think for one single solitary second that I’m allowing her to be ogled by you lot of perv’s you got another thing coming matey 😀

• MUTINYbyLEMONS

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Really can’t believe that PSG want both Cabaye and Debuchy. Why would PSG want Debuchy? He is not good enough for them. Unless Cabaye said he isn’t going to come without Debuchy?

Also I would welcome this winger but I can’t see this happening. I do believe that we will buy atleast one player this window. We will def get one if Cabaye leaves.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Niafron…I’m with you, it stinks of lazy journalism.

What are your thoughts on Debuchy? He’s come under a fair bit of criticism recently and imo, rightly so. Do you think he is still adjusting to the league or do you think there is something wrong? Seems a little lost.

Ruddy…If I looked close I may need to poke my eyes out…

or…

I think looking closely at the formation that we were playing, it was devoid of defenders, midfielders and strikers….basically any players at all 🙂

• Manx Magpie

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM

rumour after rumour after rumour after rumour after rumour after rumour after rumour after rumour after rumour, it’s ridiculous the amount of players we’ve been linked with

• sticklebricks

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM

135 games and 12 assists…. Pretty sure Jonas has had more assists than that and we all know how good his crosses are….!!

Goals ratio is undoubtedly a bit better than Jonass though! Maybe he just doesnt like to pass..!

• JackButler

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Debuchy looks completely out of his depth in this league but so did Colo and Enrique when they first came here and they both came good

• niafron

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM

@IBizatoon

Honnestly think he could do far better. But no place for sentimentalism in modern football…

So would put him on the bench for a couple of game with Santon on the right and Haidara on the left.

• Spoof

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Mr Tuff@19

what assets do we have which are worth stripping lol

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM

JB…Should I close this other browser tab then?

Sorry mate, I had no idea this was an invite only thing.

Question though, why when you type in Charlize Theron Nutella in to Google, does it come up with loads of sheep?

I feel I didn’t make much effort with that one. Oh well 🙂

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Ibiza

It’s the future of football I tells ya! I’d say there couldn’t be many worse performances than that this season, but I genuinely think there will be.

Least I’ve the Queens of the Stone Age latest album to comfort me…..ahh sweet relief

• foggonridiculous

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM

@JB

you deserve sole rights for inventing that scenario….

with MY luck she’d have a severe nut allergy anyway….

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Niafron…Ah yes, about young Haidara, would you like to join us in our worldwide search for him?

Last report I heard was that he was looking at a job opening replacing Wally…

• Rooster

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Ed, Prince William and Harry to sign but they have to play with their Villa TOPS ON, great advertising chance for the club, its quite simply getting beyond the joke.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Ruddy…Do they have a new album out? Unless there is a remix going around I tend to miss such things on this island…

I take it it’s good then? To the internet I go…well, I guess it would be, to the internet I stay! To the internet I already am? Never mind.

foggon….I’m not sure we need to know about your severe nuts mate….

• theartfuldodger

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Well Well Well…we buy french players who , if theyr actually good , will go back home to a CL club willing to spend and offering better wages ( once the player is noticed by the world )
    Ben Arfa may be next if he does well this year.
    Perhaps buying and selling is a way of life but the example we set is to withdraw the player for paultry bids. And ofcourse we dont replace players immediately.