Newcastle Offered Swiss International Winger

The Daily Mail is reporting that Newcastle have been offered 24 year-old Innocent Emeghara on loan for next season, and the player is currently at Lorient and is a Swiss International.

Innocent Emeghara

Innocent Emeghara 24 year-old Lorient winger

Emeghera was born in Lagos, Nigeria, but moved to Switzerland when he was a youngster, and he has Swiss citizenship and joined Lorient two years ago.

Last season he was on loan at Siena in the second half of the season, where he scored 7 goals in 12 appearances for the Serie A club, and was impressive.

Innocent started his senior career at Zurich in 2006, moved to Winterthur in 2009, and then moved to Grasshoppers in 2010, before joining French club Lorient two years ago.

He has played for the Swiss U21 side 8 times with 5 goals, and the full Swiss national side 9 times and played for the Swiss in last year’s Olympic Games in London, when he scored one goals in four appearances for his country.

Notice that Newcastle have been offered Innocent on loan, who seems an exciting player and has both skill and speed.

But it seems to us Newcastle are strong enough on the flanks, with Ben Arfa, Jonas Gutierrez, Sylvain Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi and Gabby Obertan, and what we need are strikers and another center-back.

So we’d be very surprised if Newcastle are tempted by the offer take this lad on loan.

Here is some video of the player.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Ed – it’s funny that you say that we’re strong enough on the flanks when so many people are demanding that we sign wingers because they say we don’t have any!

I agree with you though, I can’t see any point of signing him. We have Ben Arfa, Marv, Remy and Goofy to play the wide attacking roles and I’d rather we recalled Fergie than help develop someone’s else’s player and then return him a better player.

• Rainrix

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM

When i saw swiss winger i assumed barnetta had finally escaped the jesmond. 🙂

Also ed if you think we’re strong on the wings you really aren’t paying attention. Also weren’t you just saying the other day how good a signing ince would be? Consistency man

• cockneymafiaout

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Again another player linked with Newcastle that I have never heard of. I believe Graham Carr is a good scout and knows a good player, however I look at the mackems making all these signings who are relativly unknown and I think could be flops.

We already have enough of them at the club as it stands.

• Belfast

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

How many of those players you mentioned actually want to play on the wing Tds ?

• Rainrix

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Sarf… I have to disagree personally. Ben arfa is pretty much a solid bet on the right. On the left however we have marv who only seems to play well in the centre. Remy and goofy both would rather be down the middle. They’d work as part of a front 4-3-3 but pards has said he wants to play with 2 strikers. I noticed when goofy was playing on the wing last season he was constantly drifting in field.

I do think we need a proper winger who will stay there and can actually deliver a cross.

• RonVanDam

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Ok everybody stop and check out this video about Alan Pardew’s tactical awareness. Its freaking hilarious

• seantoon

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Am I missing something?
    I’m guessing he can’t get in the team at Lorient that’s why he’s getting loaned out? How the hell is he going to be good enough for Newcastle United if he can’t even get in a mid table French team!

• Wayayman

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Erm, none of those would say they were wingers if you were to ask them!

Anyway, it would make a nice change this window to sign an innocent to go with the potentially guilty one we got on loan 😉

• Rotonda heights

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Since when the hell were we strong on the flanks!!!!!

Mojo

Things are so bad that I think most people would like Pardew out even if it meant JFK very short term until his inevitable coronary trouble. Pardew lost the spirit of the dressing room a long time ago I think. Just need a change for everyone’s sanity.

• Belfast

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Ben Arfa and Marveaux want to play central.
    Remy and Gouffran want to play up front.

I would say we’re pretty light in the wide areas.
    The only decent out and out winger is on loan at Birmingham.

• cockneymafiaout

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Looking at the video he looks like someone who likes to get behind the defence and looks more advanced than some of strikers.

And TDS, I think we could still do with an extra left winger with a similar mild to this guy, (as gutierezz doesn’t get up the pitch enough)

Rainrix, I think we need strengthening all over the pitch in an ideal world, however I think what Ed is trying to say is that we need a proven striker (goalscorer) before we focus on any other position.

• AaranD

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Dummet left back and push Santon further up. He can beat a player, is pacey and in tougher games will put a shift in defensively. Dummet/ Santon partnership could bring new life to the club :D.

• Rainrix

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

cockneymafiaout… Fair enough, though i just though it came off as a bit hypocritical when ed was ahem waxing lyrical 🙂 about ince the other day when he’s a winger as well, then suddenly were strong enough out wide? I actually think thats ed’s way of saying “yeah this bloke isnt good enough” 🙂

I’d agree though a striker has to be a priority.

• Spoof

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:50 AM

TDS

Remy and Gouffran are both strikers who can fill in on the wing if asked to, Marveaux is a central midfielder who as with the other 2 can fill in, as for natural wingers we are very weak, I don’t know how good this lad is but if he is any good I would take him as it is a weak area.

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Santon definitely needs to be tried at left wing now we have dummet and haidara for left back. Either that or drop debuchy for a few games and try santon right back with dummet left.

• Toon1978

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Tds

How the hell are we strong on the flanks? Omg how blind can one get.?HBA is more a number 10 as is Marveaux just behind the strikers. Can you please remind me the last time we had any serious width giving Cisse some service? The only players I have seen do that is Ferguson and Dummett. Everytime we play HBA and Marv on the wings they cut inside. Cisse is starved of any service. Obertan can’t cross a ballot save his life. Unbelievable.

• Spoof

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM

AaranD

that is something which I have been hoping to see for a long while, especially when you consider how poor Santon is at defending, I feel he would make a good winger.

• Barras

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM

If it is true that St James’ Park is sold out for the West Ham game, then Newcastle United fans thoroughly deserve what they get.

How many times are these so-called fans going to psychologically re-decorate the excrement what Pardew, Kinnear and Ashley provide every weekend?

If the fans continue to turn up, the club will continue to be driven by Ashley’s lust for profit, and consequently, the club will remain ambition-less on the football side of things.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I think it depends on what he actually means by playing 2 strikers and whether he does. I agree that we don’t actually seem to have any proper wingers in the first team at the moment so it would seem crazy to go for a traditional 4-4-2 with 2 wingers. We’re geared up to play a more fluid formation. Remy and Goofy were both signed to play a withdrawn role and cover the wide attacking areas so I expect them to do so. It doesn’t matter whether they would rather play up front, I’m pretty sure they knew what they were signed for.

• Nufc-83

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM

We do not have 1 out and out winger at the club WTFFFFFFFFFF. Ferguson is a winger but is not at the club currently and so how are we strong enough!!!!!!

We need a winger who has pace and gets at the fullback then delivers a good ball into the box like a matt jarvis type of player.

• Nufc-83

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM

My team for west ham if santon is fit if not then debuchery will have to fill in.

Krul
    Santon Mbiwa Colo Dummet
    Sissokho Tiote Anita
    HBA Cisse Marveaux

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Some of you guys are stuck in the past! There are very few true wingers left in the PL. Most of the best players who work the flanks are attacking midfielders who also play that wide role; Hazard, Mata, Walcott, Giggs, even Bale floats all over the place.

• Shearer.Milburn

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Sky sports news…… scott sinclair on the Verge of a move to another premier league team…..

• AaranD

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM

He is prone to the odd mistake is Santon but he has done well for us at left back. But I really do think his position lies further up the pitch. A little similar to Bale, as good going forward but prone to a mistake at the back, I don’t think he’ll be that good but there is no reason why he can’t be a very good winger. He has the makings of one.

I also feel we should get some Prem experience players in, or young players from Prem clubs. But at this stage its very unlikely and we would never pay the asking price. Think we have missed a trick with Sinclair.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

RVD

Superb video and sadly so very true

• Rotonda heights

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Would be happy with that.

• Shearer.Milburn

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Just saw mourinho interview where he said he will not make a further move for rooney til after the match. If only wenger showed the same class

• Belfast

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I would play the exact same team as nufc83 but I don’t think Pardew will have the balls to drop Debuchy

• Nufc-83

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM

My team with 3 signings:

Winger- direct like matt jarvis
    CB – commanding cb like ashley wiliams
    St- Target man like benteke lukaka etc

I am not saying sign these players as i am not kets but players in the mould of.

Krul
    Santon New CB Colo Dummett
    HBA Sissokho Anita New LW
    Remy New St

• Rotonda heights

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Barras

it’s a self fulfilling prophesy
    Some people will just tolerate any old s..e and never realise they have the ultimate power to change things, ie vote with your feet.

• hadthetshirt

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

@21 Close to what I would pick too. I would drop Tiote play Anita there Marveaux left and Gouffran up top.We need at least 4 points from next 2 games.6 would be better,but I’m more realistic these days under the chuckle brothers.

• Belfast

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM

He only said that because they play each on Monday.

Do you honestly think Cabaye wasn’t aware that Arsenal where going to bid for him ? His agent had probably told him what was on offer wages wise before they had even made a bid.

• ~Joke-innear~

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

So we can’t bring players in ourselves? We have to be offered them?

F@cking joke. Get the filth out of out club now, JFK is the epitome of useless and hasn’t an iota of actualy football knowledge required for todays day and age. Ship that fossil out of the club now, along with the silver haired tw@t.

• Belfast

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

*each other*

• Yohan Kebab

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

we could be the pioneers of a new system guys, the interchangeable flanks

have for example jonas (or upgrade) dummett on lhs, and debuchy santon on rhs, filling in for each other and going forward as appropriate, would be dynamic and difficult to defend

• Rotonda heights

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Pardew will never play a team on form and merit and in the right formation, but with Guti and Saylor out he just may have to for once, a bit like when poor old raylor got injured and benny finally got a game as a result. Success by default but I’d take that.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

How are we all today? Just to answer a few of the comments aimed at me last night after I went to bed.

Online Guy

I’d say after the long hard slogs that I get myself into on this blog I’ll be in need of a pint, haha I’ll let you know when I’m over, should be a few weeks lad.

Bills

Shows a little bit of arrogance that you claim to have invented the comment “pseudo-intellectual” I am pretty sure it was around long before you said it, but if you wish to claim that I copied it, then go right ahead.

Blackley

I’ve lived in Newcastle before, I’ve soaked up plenty of Tyneside, I’ve been to many many matches, not that I, or any other non-Geordie NUFC fan has anything to prove to you, or any other NUFC fan for that matter.

As it takes all sorts to make the world, it takes all sorts of fans to make a football club. We’re a global brand, supported by people around the world, some (not all of course) Geordie supporters show a serious lack of respect towards non-Geordie Newcastle supporters, as if Newcastle United belongs only to them.

It’s not my intention to antagonise anyone, merely offering my opinion as to what I think needs to be done for the best interest of the club, however this blog may not be the appropriate forum for that in a sense of getting things done.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Belfast,
    That and it is a clever way of still managing to unsettle the player while pretending not to. Not exactly showing class, but definitely showing intelligence.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Yohan Kebab

Can you really see pardew grappling with more than one default tactic!!! Does sound good though.

• mattyNUFC

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

all our supposed targets moving to rivals (west brom, swansea, west ham, norwhich, our rivals- how sad) is and has been a precursor to us not getting anyone in.

anyway, debuchy is crap and i hope not to see his petulance grace our team again. what an absolute absurdity that he became a french international. i understand the circumstances, but he lived off the merit and we were taken for mugs. 6mil, what a joke

1 2 3 5