Interesting Comments From Allardyce On Kinnear And Newcastle

It’s an interesting match-up for the managers at tomorrow’s Newcastle vs West Ham game, because each manager is meeting one of the former teams he managed and was eventually fired from.

sam allardyce west ham

Sam Allardyce – done well at West Ham

This is Sam’ third season in charge at the Hammers and he’s done well, having got West Ham promoted a year ago via a playoff against Blackpool, and then last season steered the club to 10th place, 5 places above where we finished up. 🙁

Newcastle fans at the moment are less than happy with Newcastle’s summer transfer window, and new Director of Football Joe Kinnear has only been able to bring in Loic Remy on loan from QPR, and Newcastle have missed out on a number of their striker targets.

Sam was manager at Newcastle United from May, 2007 through January of the next year, when he was rather ruthlessly fired by owner Mike Ashley, after some unimpressive results.

Here’s what Sam had to say in the Daily Mail about Joe Kinnear’s appointment and about the Newcastle fans:

“I was very surprised when they appointed Joe. He obviously built up a good relationship with the owner the first time he was there. I know Joe has a huge amount of experience but he could have made life easier for himself if he had not made the public statements he made.”

“Football clubs are run by the owners. It’s their responsibility and they’re quite within their right to do what they see fit, i.e. sack me. I wasn’t his choice.” ‘I had a Director of Football at my first job at Blackpool, Billy Bingham.”

“But I think it depends on the relationship you have or you build. It also depends on the relationship between you, the owner and the Director of Football.
‘If that is working in your favor then that can help the football club, help the results and help you.”

“If not — if the Director of Football is not promoting the players that you want to buy but the players he wants — it’s a massive problem.”

“Newcastle fans turn up every week and if the team are doing bad they still turn up, whereas at most clubs they stop going. But when you are not doing so well they show their disapproval very quickly and that’s the pressure, particularly for the players.”

“I always remember, when I went there, Gary Speed said, “Just be careful and make sure any player you buy can handle the pressure at Newcastle”, and he was right.”

Sam’s record at Newcastle was not a particularly good one,  and it was a short tenire of eight months, and in 24 games he won 8 drew 6 and lost 10, for a win percentage of 33.3% and a losing percentage of 41.7%.

Since Sam was fired from Newcastle, he has won games at St. Jame’s Park when manager of Blackburn Rovers, and last season his West Ham side won 1-0.

It’s a vitally important game for the lads tomorrow, and a win is what we need, but a loss will bring even more doom and gloom to Tyneside.

A win would be terrific, and that’s what we are hoping for.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• TurkishFan101

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Repost:
    @Yohan Kebab

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you going to study at Cambridge? I chose Lancaster because I wanted a change from living in south and to move to a nice country side especially to get to go to Newcastle play. But it seems I won’t go to watch them unless a new regime takes place or Mike Ashley starts to show ambition by sacking everyone and remodeling nufc inside out, and this is highly unliky

• Bambams

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Obviously does not rate Kinnear….

Mind you i dont think anyone does other than Ashley

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Think he had a dig at pards to Ed

“The Premier League is obviously a very difficult place to play your football and without 100 per cent commitment and focus on every single game, you won’t get the result that you’re looking for.
    “You cannot ease off, every time you do that in this league you get punished. We have to be 100 per cent focused and we have to improve our away form from last season, starting with Saturday’s game at Newcastle.
    “Even though Newcastle had probably a poor performance, Alan (Pardew) would say that was only brought about by circumstances and Manchester City being absolutely brilliant.”

• Toon Tang

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:54 PM

do yo have to be logged in to post on here?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:54 PM

MacToon

Tino strikes me as the sort of guy who would be “out of it” as you aptly put. I always admired Pav, he clearly loves the club, and you have to respect any player who loves the club after he’s left, even more so when they decide to come back. Remember the reception he got when he had to stand in in goal in his second stint at the club? Magic

• MacToon

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Couldn’t tell if Tino understood us or not, we kept going on about certain goals he’d scored and moves he’d made in games and he looked very confused at times ha ha

• FourFourToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM

If Cabaye left, and all were fit –

Krul
    Taylor Coloccini Yanga-Mbiwa
    Debuchy Tiote Sissoko Santon
    Ben Arfa
    Remy Cisse

I reckon that’d do us well in some games, defensive enough looking back over, but menacing looking forward. Probably get shot down like but whatever.

• Toon Tang

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

can anyone tell me if you have to be logged in to post please?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Maybe he was out of it during the games and was sober when he was talking to you, maybe that’s why he couldn’t remember what you were talking about! haha

Imagine he was off his head when he scored that hat trick against Barca…

• MacToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Pav actually went around approaching people, never seen that before tbh.
    Tomorrow I’m actually looking forward to seeing Sir John again, I hope he’s well enough and although he can get a bad press on here at times he’s got a certain charisma and endless interesting tales to tell.
    OK, that’s it for the name dropping ha ha.

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM

The man’s a crook !

• MacToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Think he had started partying early the day we met him lol and special day that hattrick. One of my favourite matches. His bendy legs defy belief haha

• Brutooon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM

On Joe Kinnear appointment, i think 99.99% people in the world didnt agreed with that.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM

MacToon

I think you’re trying to pique people’s interest, and it’s certainly working 😉 haha

Pav seems like a nice guy, is he based in Newcastle now or does he just pop into the city every now and then?

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Mactoon and his celeb friends tut tut

Good to see you’ve gave up trying to be a detective you were crap.

• MacToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Belfats, I notice there’s a Belfast Toon now, you have a neighbour on here.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Always incredibly cheerful…

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Already ordered a hit on him mactoon.

Only room for one Belfast on here

• dcdick

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Pardew out !!!

• manxpie

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM

cheers mactoon i’d have 1 if it was for a charity but if its to line someone else’s pocket no thanks lol

• MacToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Ask Ruddy Belfast, was right about IT 😉 ha ha you’ve been demoted!
    Don’t think he lives local Ruddy. Sometimes they come to town for signings days or just appearance at events or maybe after dinner speaches, that sort of thing. Depends on the players.

• FatmanJoe

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Sam was never gonna work here. The players he was linked to signing just weren’t us. I remember there being s massive debate on here regarding who should start in goal between harps and given, went on for ages… And Sam was quoted in saying he was thinking about bringing in jaksilian or however you spell it from Bolton. He was definitely stuck in his ways of playing style that wouldn’t have worked.

That being said he’s done brilliantly since he’s left and we’ve just gone down the toilet so who’s laughing now I guess.

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Ruddy is getting murdered first though.

Once I get the petrol money for omagh he’s flucked 😉

• Cool Hand Luke

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

There’s quite a few from Belfast, I count about 6, myself included.

• phizzyJ

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Havent posted for a while chaps, but i gotta say, i am feeling pretty dwon about our whole situation. Probably moreso than ever. I feel like i need someone to come and make me feel like its all going to be ok. Im sick of people saying newcastle are too small a club for some of the players we have. Although i had a conversation today with an agent and counted 7 players that people thought were too big for us. How can that be, thats almost an entire team!!!

I just wish ashley had some sort of clue…

Spends some money you idiot!!

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM

MacToon

Either way, it’ll be great to meet some of the former players, and current players as I’ve never had the luxury of being able to do that! So the thought of meeting the likes of Pav and Rob Lee is making me a little giddy haha

• MacToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Protest groups need to generate money manxpie and nearly always help charities out at the same time. Last main one I know of , about SJP name, raised £1200 for chairty aswell as funds for protesting.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:14 AM

He’s said that a couple of times, I’m beginning to think he’s not joking :S

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I’d love us to tank them lot tomorrow just to wipe the smirk of fat shams face.

Our record against his teams is awful though.

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM

You’re right Luke but i’m the commander. The brains of the operation.

• MacToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Can’t believe there’s no new signings except an injured loanee, players out already and it’s only 2nd game of the season. Why always so much turmoil at SJP?

Got no idea what players are lined up for this season Ruddy. Some events are quite expensive.

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I’m actually not suprised Mactoon. Used to the lack of ambition by now tbh

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Well keep me posted about the not so expensive ones 😉 haha

As for the turmoil at the club, we all know where it’s coming from, we’re running the risk of being broken records if we go over it again.

• Yohan Kebab

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM

turkishfan

sorry for delayed reply

natural sciences, wasnt sure what science subject to pick so chose to do them all, flexible course and all that

i feel the same, im gonna go to steve harpers charity match but i wont go to a first team match until the club regime changes

• MacToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM

and manx, these T’s are not being sold to line someones pocket, I can 100% guarantee that.

• Cool Hand Luke

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Whats Ruddy then? your underling?

*rubs hands, this should be good*

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

The injured players will be like new signings again so we’re fine.

• Belfast

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Ruddys from Omagh he’s not in our gang.

He can start his own operation. 😉

• MacToon

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM

No9bar seems to have alot going on before matches, it’s a newer bar open on Stowell Street, just down from gallowgate for those that don’t know. Some of the FansUTD meetings have been held there. Opposite Aspers sports bar I think it is and no I’m not on commission ha ha

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Anyone else from Omagh who wants to be in my gang? No? Just me? All alone? I’m cool with that 😉