The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Kinnear – My Job Is To Help Alan Pardew Succeed

11:46 pm, Sunday, August 25th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 17 Comments

We don’t think there’s any chance that Joe Kinnear would ever success Alan Pardew as manager of Newcastle for the long-term, and you have to remember if Joe take up management again, he would literally be risking his life, because of his heart condition.

joe kinnear

Joe Kinnear – wants to help Alan Pardew

Joe Kinnear was interviews in the Mirror on Sunday and says he is not a threat to Alan Pardew’s management job.

Joe is now 66 and has been in his new job as Director of Football for about 10 weeks, but has achieved precious little and there’s only just over seven days to go in this summer’s transfer window.

, returned to the fold at St James’ Park two months ago to lend his experience as an intermediary between Pardew and owner Mike Ashley.

Kinnear has been surprised at the anger of the Newcastle fans towards him, and that was shown on Saturday when the banner shown below was unfurled at St. James’ Park but was quickly removed by stewards.

Joe Kinnear ckown

Joe Kinnear was asked if he wanted to take over as manager at Newcastle:

“There’s no chance of that ever happening – I’m here to work with Alan Pardew, not against him.” “If something bad does happen, and Mike Ashley decides on changing managers, my job would be to go out and find a replacement and be involved in the interview process.”

“But we’re not thinking in those terms. It’s miles too early to talk about that because we’re trying to build a good, solid side here who can compete in the top half of the Premier League.”

“Alan Pardew is a decent guy and a decent coach who has taken this club into Europe once already, and it’s my job to help him succeed.” “I don’t pick the team, I don’t coach the players, I don’t deal with them on a day-to-day basis.”

“If I am asked, I might suggest how we can tweak things a bit here or tweak things a bit there.” “If Alan wants a striker, I might suggest one or two names, but I don’t do things behind his back. I’ve never been to a meeting where he hasn’t been present.”

Joe must step up his efforts to bring in at least one new striker in the next week, and we’ve had only one shot on goal in the first two games of the season, which shows just how impotent our strike force is at the moment.

Manchester City hammered us 4-0 in the first game, but they were beaten 3-2 at newly promoted Cardiff City on Sunday afternoon, in their second game.

So much for City being unbeatable this season.

The next week is very important to Newcastle United,  and of course we visit Morecombe in the second round of the League Cup on Wednesday night, and we need to win that – so we’ll have to score at least one goal in that goal.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

17 responses so far ↓

• 1 Puppet Pardew // Aug 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Listen to the man, he’s the best boss I ever had.

• 2 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Miles too early to be thinking about that?

How many more horrendous performances does he want to see?

• 3 Newcastle Brown Alien // Aug 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

If his job is to make Pardew succeed, should both not be sacked, as pardew is not succeeding?

• 4 JAMSHA // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

“Alan Pardew has signed 16 players
    costing £60m in the last two years,

some needs to ask joe did ap signd them or is it bcoz of carr we found those players… or else pardew would hav bought in cole, heskey etc

• 5 Slatymag // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I’m not a Pardew fan but joe shouldn’t even be talking about replacing him. Don’t get me wrong I’d like to see him gone and a better tactician/motivator brought in, but to be fair to AP he has remained dignified throughout all this crap. I really do think he should just walk, at least he might retain some credibility and get himself another job soon enough.

• 6 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

This is the best part.

Joe dosn’t understand the negativity for the poor start to the campaign.

Erm,

Strikers, quality, depth, importance of pre-season, ambition, hanging a manager out to dry, 8 weeks one loan signing???????????????

Give over Joe.

• 7 blew // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

JK admits Remy is here for 1 season
    only and not with a view to a permanent
    transfer.

• 8 Slatymag // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Joe can’t even be tactful without putting his foot in it. Of course he’d have to take that thing of Ashley’s out before he gets his foot in though!

Is this really how that bunch want to be remembered?!

• 9 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Slaty,

I agree, through all the rubbish he has had, everything over the past two years, he should walk now. How on earth he is putting up with these lunitics upstairs is beyond me now.

Im well aware it’s probably his income that is keeping him here and his pride but there is only so much any man can take.

He should walk.

Not because he is a terrible coach, he is mediocre, and I don’t mind saying this either, he is far too professional to be working for NUFC right now under these people.

That’s right people, he is too good for NUFC right now under this regime.

He has been embarassed, lied to, undermined, hung out to dry. He has never once been backed sufficiently in his time here. How he has managed to keep so dignified through this past couple of years is completely beyond me.

Every manager out there is far too good for NUFC right now. No one worth his salt will work under this regime.

Walk Alan. Do yourself a good favour and remove yourself from the sheer disgrace of the running of this football club.

Wherever you go will be alot better off.

• 10 Slatymag // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM

@toonprodigy

Well said! Regardless off his shortcomings I don’t think he deserves this. He not even in their league when it comes to skulduggery. AP at least has some morals.

• 11 lesh // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

‘……my job would be to go out and find a replacement and be involved in the interview process.”

Kiinnear shouldn’t waste his time looking for manager, or going through the motions. After all, he’s got his little black book of contacts in the game.

Ar.ed with that, all he’s got to do, is pick up the phone,and let it be known that there’s a job with total autonomy over football matters and importantly, a new manager would have an good good budget for transfers.

Just a thought for Kinnear to ponder.

• 12 jokinoot // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Yawn wake me up when it’s over and three stooges have gone

• 13 lesh // Aug 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

That Mirror interview raises a couple of questions:

1 – Given Pardew’s consistently voiced his opinion that we needed two strikers and a CB at least. I’m puzzled that Kinnear said “Before the season started, we had sat down and agreed the squad was big enough, and strong enough, to finish in the top half of the table. table.’. Errr?

2 – It was reported that Remy had joined on the basis that he may be signed on a permanent basis. Ah, now it appears that he’s with us for the season and will return to QPR?

Errrr??

• 14 fatman // Aug 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM

when he interviews people the get how amateurish the clubs run when they see Kinnear writing with crayons

• 15 fatman // Aug 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM

and counting on his fingers too

• 16 numba9 // Aug 26, 2013 at 8:37 AM

If parsnip walks all we are gonna be left with is this absolute costume of at human these are terrible times … I knew there would be no signings this summer fat bloke must be skint bless him maybe we should have a whip round to keep him in helicopter fuel

• 17 dcdick // Aug 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Pardew out !!!

previous post: Newcastle Reported After Watford Striker?

next post: Joe Kinnear In France Scouting Players – As Time Is Running Out