Newcastle Trying to Bring Demba Ba Back On Loan

Well there’s some good news for Newcastle fans today with the news that Newcastle have reopened talks for Bafe Gomis of Lyon, and now Sky Tyne and Wear are reporting that we are talking to former striker Demba Ba.

demba ba a wave

Demba Ba – could this striker be coming back to Newcastle?

Sky Tyne and Wear are reporting that Newcastle officials have made contact with Chelsea over a possible loan move for the former Newcastle striker.

With Joe Mourinho coming back to Chelsea, it’s obvious there is no future for Ba at the London club, and he didn’t even travel on Monday for the top game at Old Trafford.

In an exclusive from Sky Tyne and Wear, the news is that the Senegalese striker is also being wooed by Qatar club Al-Jaish who have made an enquiry to Chelsea for the player.

Ba would be welcomed back to Tyneside big time if he returns, after leaving Newcastle for Chelsea in January for around £7M, and Newcastle have been struggling ever since to score goals.

Even though he left in January, Ba was still joint top scorer with 13 goals in the Premier League last term in just 22 appearances.

And in the season and a half he was at the club, Ba scored a fantastic 29 goals in 58 total appearances.

Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba never clicked on Tyneside, but wouldn’t it be a dream come true if Newcastle could get both Bafe Gomis and Demba Ba to Newcastle this week.

Where’s those blood pressure pills – this is too much potential good news – all at once.

Who does Joe Kinnear think he is – a Director of Football? 😀

But the Chronicle is reporting that if Newcastle can sign Gomis from Lyon, that would be it, and Newcastle would not pursue Demba Ba.

That’s a pity if it’s true, because if Newcastle had more ambition, we’d try to get both strikers in, and Ba would not be too expensive on a season-long loan deal – not considering the number goals he could score for us.

We really need to show more ambition at Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• magicbus

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Hope its promising news but we wont get both so not sure which one I would prefer.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I’d take Ba over cisse. My main fear of a loan is not just we might lose him again next summer but that we wont be able to use him right this year.

If we sign him permanently then he can start ahead of cisse, if he deserves to based on performances, and if cisse is annoyed and wants to leave we still have Ba and can look for another forward next year.

On loan if we play him ahead of cisse and cisse wants to leave come the end of the year, and ba goes back to chelsea…we will be left with nobody.

• toon1707

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I would prefer gomis as at least that is a proper signing rather than another loaned in player who will leave at the end of the season. I am sure we won’t get both I personally think BA is a backup if the gomis deal breaks down again

• shearermania

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM

problem is\; him and cisse still cant play together….why go back to a failure…i like ba but without cisse or if ba agrees to play on the left…otherwise its doomed – weve been there

• Mark29Hungary

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Out of respect for Sir Bobby, Mourinho can give us Ba on loan… 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM

dont see why we cant buy ba…he will cost less than gomis

• Transfer Sage

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM

shearermania

don’t need to play together…got other forwards who can play alongside either of them in remy, HBA, gouff and shola

Ba and Cisse could be direct competition for each other.

• wayneo009

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Will he wear a shirt with wonga on it?????

• shearermania

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM

but honestly i really cant be bothered anymore…..who ever comes – if any…pards has lost the dressing room…..its a shame cause i like pards – but this club is rotten to the core….all players are playing with fear and the owner and his sidekick well…
    the lunatics have taken over the asylum…..
    one day we will shine again…one day

• Edd Case

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I’ll open myself up here for abuse maybe but…

I don’t want Ba back. Yes he was great in a Toon shirt and I know he’d play well for us again but he could have stayed in the first place.
    Would he really be at his best mentally having taken a ‘step backwards’ to come and play for us again?

I would rather see us tie up the Gomis deal. This lad looks built for the Prem and he’s something new, something different and something we can really look forward to.

I’d love to see Cisse, Gomis and Remy, or 2 from those 3 up top.

What we still desperately lack is real, true creative quality in our midfield. HBA’s decision making is poor at times – how many times did he chose to smash shots wide against WH?

I’d love to see Hughes, Ince, Thauvin and so on…with Gomis, no Ba.

Only player I can recall that was a real success story after we re-signed him was Beardsley – and Ba ain’t no Beardo.

• jimBOB

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM

def have Ba back, he can get the job done, proven prem league striker, take him over Gomis.

• richyg01

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM

L’Equipe: Rennes full-back Dimitri Foulquier is to join Granada on loan, despite late interest from Newcastle.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Please please please bring back Demba!!
    Biggest mistake we made was not removing the clause and offering the lad a proper contract instead of one based on performance bonuses

By far the most suited all round CF for us and has all aspects of the game

As for this
    How is this good news? Overpriced average CF who doesn’t really want to come here
    Much much better players available for the price

• Assam Toon

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM

if we at all needed to give anyone an 8 year deal, i should have been Ba. Get him back Ashley!

• richyg01

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Ba over Gomis any day.

Proven Goal Scorer, Proven in the EPL.

BUT…

We need to get the ball up to the box before anyone can put the ball in the net.

We need wingers, pace, creativity.

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Richy
    Agree, a winger and a CAM are a must, but with only 5 days left in the window there’s no chance!

• Indian Magpie

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Arsenal have reached an agreement with Flamini!

Cabaye to AFC looks dicy?

• Transfer Sage

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM

edd case

Fair enough. I just think Ba seems to like playing football (and left to play at the highest level). He tried to step up and for whatever reason never got a proper crack at it…I think we are his level…he isn’t quite the player that top clubs want (not sure why).

I’d take him back but new players are always exciting.

• Thump

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Is it just me or does Pardew seem to be getting a bit pissed off with the squad not putting a shift in? That’s what I’ve taken from the last article, at least.

Not an easy game tonight, mind. The lower league teams gave it a right bloody go last night so expect more of the same tonight.

• richyg01

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Cabaye to Arsenal looks less likely now, Arsenal are now said to be looking at Mata.

• Noah Another Ameobi

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM

imagine a front 3 of remy ba hba that would be amazing

• Klatoon

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM

richy

Dimitri Foulquier looked class at the U-20 world cup…reminds me alot of Lilian Thuram, big and strong which you dont often find in fb’s these days

• Indian Magpie

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I find it Amazing the moment there is some transfer news the likes of Lee ryder and Mark douglas are putting it down in minutes.

• toon1707

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM

We all seem to be split on who we prefer BA or Gomis come on ED get a poll started lol

• NUFCarter

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I dont think demba went for the money more of the ‘next step up’.

• noir9

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Transfer
    Think you’ve hit the nail on the head, Ba’s a very good player but he’s just not quite at the next level.

• Indian Magpie

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I do not know which of Cabaye or mcCarthy is better.

But McCarthy has not said one word playing in CC where as I can Imagine Cabaye kicking up a storm.

• lesh

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Dimitri Foulquier bites the dust eh.

When will this ownership realise the wisdom of getting transfer business done very early in the window.

This club is an omnishambles! Now there’s a word for a banner!

• NUFCarter

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Mbiwa to captain side against morecambe tonight.

• FatmanJoe

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I went to see the AFC Wimbledon vs Morecombe superclash last season in Kingston and to be fair Morecombe shouldn’t really give us any trouble tonight at all. They had a super little player called Jordan Burrow who would have given us problems all night with his pace and trickery but he’s been sold and the only other player they have worth looking at is Jack Redshaw. The rest are as you would expect are fairly mediocre and if we attacked their defence from the get-go they’ll be all over the place. We were sat behind the keeper and with some pressure from the crowd he’ll make silly mistakes. I’m hoping for a convincing 3-0.

• cockneymafiaout

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Thump

A shame MK dons didnt beat the mackems last night, no doubt would have out di canio in a strop

wonder what team people would put out tonight. I was trying to think earlier and I was struggling with the lack of dpeth we have am struggling to find a team professional enough to get the job done tonight, while also looking forward to fulham.

• FatmanJoe

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Would have Demba back in a heart beat and have a bit of friendly competition between him and Cisse for the starting spot. In a heartbeat!

• Our Toon

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Markaccus
    I hardly think that boycotting 2 / 3 games is going to liquidate NUFC, a bit drastic don’t you think? Massive difference between rugby and football, both are really good sports but football has a much wider audience hence a more attractive proposition if someone is looking to invest….hence the free advertising of Sports Direct, the ownership won’t change unless it is hit in the pocket. We all want to watch the game as I have said numerous times that the Man City game was the first one I have missed in 15 years…..rain, cold, sickness, bereavements have never stopped me from supporting my club home or away, but this lot have driven me to this. This mob have no line of communication so who do we the fans reach out to them? I’m open to any alternative suggestions you have other than boycotting.
    I never asked season ticket holders to boycott, just wouldn’t make sense as they have already paid, but season ticket holders don’t have to buy anything when they attend the games, boycotting all Sports Direct stores, refuse to spend your money in these shops!! I’m giving suggestions it may not be the solution and i’m certainly not preaching, as I say if you have suggestions I’m all ears!!

• Our Toon

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I’d like to see both Gomis and Ba but if I had the choice it would have to be Gomis, I think his game is more suited to the way we will play….hoofball!! Demba will want to play through the middle and is one of the main reasons why Cisse was shifted out to the right wing, the manager has no bottle and will buckle again, Ba was good but time to move on. Remy and Ba in the same team.

• martoon

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I would have thought Ba’s wages would be a sticking point as presumably he is on a lot more at Chelsea than he was here. I consider Remy as a Ba replacement so think I would prefer Gomis who would seem to be a more physical player and therefore a good partner for Cisse or Remy.

• Newcastle Brown Alien

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Would love ba back, but only if he would play out wide again, like the end of the 11/12 season, he could maybe be a little more central, but not paired up front with cisse. This would be my team:
    ———-krul———–
    deb-colo-mym-santon
    —–anita-sissoko——
    ———–hba———–
    —-remy-cisse-ba——

Assuming Cabaye is gone

• Transfer Sage

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:50 AM

our toon

I think any campaign against Ashley needs to start small. You will have a lot of people who dont like him but only few who would boycott games…need to get as many on side with small gestures like chants, pre game protest, sit in after game, all that sort of thing.

The more you can get onside with things like that then the more who will stay onside when more action is taken.

• Klatoon

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM

id play Cisse tonight, goals give strikers confidence, regardless of opposition and Papiss could use some of that before we play Fulham.

• Nufc-83

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Big problem with Ba is him and cisse in terms of a partnership where a shambles, cisse on the right was useless and ba on the left or right would not please him. That means if we bring ba in and drop cisse we have a player on loan probably playing alongside another player on loan and we will be in the deep stuff come the summer.

On Cisse the lad is completely useless for us at the minute we all knew his wonder strikes would dry up and for me we cant afford a player who is only a poacher. The lad offers nothing else his general all round game is abysmal.You wont see many players in the modern game who only offer poaching ability and for me when cisse is one vs one he is terrible. Purely instinctive st who is generally in the right place at the right time. I would get rid if possible but all of the loan signings we may be making would leave us with a full forward line rebuild next season. Worrying times!