Alan Pardew Very Pleased With This Player

Vurnon Anita sat out last night’s game at Morecambe, but is likely to start on Saturday against Fulham, and let’s hope we get another solid game from the Dutchman, like he produced last Saturday against West Ham, when he was the best player on the field for Newcastle.

vurnon anita west ham

Vurnon Anita – played very well last Saturday

Vurnin had a tough time of it last season, even though he still made 37 appearances for the first team, but now that he’s getting used to the English way of playing football, we are hoping he has an outstanding season coming up.

And that will be even more important if Yohan Cabaye decides to leave Newcastle in this next few days.

Certainly the manager seems pleased with the 24 year-old Dutchman:

“Anita is getting back to his Ajax game.” “We have worked on Vurn to get him to cope with the Premier League.”  “It is a bit more hurly-burly compared to Holland, as you would imagine.”

“His passing has been sound, and he is making the right decisions. I have been very pleased with him.”  “He took the ball from left to right and then right to left.” “However, it is just about getting more into that final third.”

“Vurnon and Sylvain had better games for the club against West Ham.”  “Sylvain tired towards the end but he did well.”

We suppose if Yohan Cabaye agrees to grace us with his presence on Saturday,  then Vurnon could be on the bench, but maybe Yohan will start on the bench – that’s if he agrees to play of course.

And there was even more good news yesterday (we need as much as we xan get these days), and our U18 side smashed Sunderland 3-0 – an excellent result fron the youngsters.

Now what we need is for Newcastle to put up a good performance against Fulham on Saturday afternoon, and get all 3 points and we’ll be in decent shape.

What do  you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Slank

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Repost

• catchy in norway

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I loved Ba at the club, and would love back again,

but I would nt take him back whilst pardew was in charge,,

it will only be a return to long ball football, as he is a better target man than cisse and strola ,

great win, but come on, whilst Sammy is batter than strola, he has very little end product, and once he gains a bit weight , he will be routed to the ground like his brother, fergy IMO was much better, he could cross

our team looks very scared,

pile on more pressure on pardew, and with a bit of luck he will walk

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Reading comments like “Pardew got it spot on last night” makes me lose faith in humanity.

Why aren’t more people interrigent, rike me? I’m so ronery….

• Lowesy

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

The problem was with the tactics.

Last night we played with one up front… to Morecombe. This lone striker has been playing in the hole and on the wing for all of his Newcastle career and is hardly a target man to boot.
    Sammy was our best player, and Indian, if you’re saying that he was sh!te because he ran into 2 players by refusing to pass, it’s because there wasn’t a pass on. That ‘in the hole’ space was WIDE open and crying out for someone to make an intelligent run into, pick it up and dink a clever pass into the path of a curving Gouffran run for a finish but we had none of that. Which is why Sammy was forced to keep trying his luck at beating his full-back, and which is why Morecombe recognised him as a danger and put 2 men on him whenever he got the ball. Vuckic was meant to be that ‘in the hole’ player, but he was nonexistent. There was no creativity in the box, no clever movement, no invention. Which, in the end, made it easier for Morecombe to challenge us. This is why I think we desperately need another attacking midfielder, Chelsea have 11 according to SkySports, can’t we borrow one?

Supporting Newcastle is hard.

• Thump

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Am I the only one who thought Bigi was absolute crap last night? When he got the ball he just stopped as if he had all the time in the world, or tried to switch flanks and put us in a dodgy position. Short of breaking up a few good bits of play, he looked far too dodgy for my liking.

• Noah Another Ameobi

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM

i would to see sammy start as he’s been one of our better players this season

krul
    santon colo mbiwa dumett
    HBA sissoko anita sammy
    cisse gouffran

• catchy in norway

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thump //

I don’t think he is that good a player

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I thought Gosling done well. Vuckic yet again garbage. Still waiting to see what all the fuss is about that kid.

Would love to see Ba come back. Think him and Remy would be a good partnership.

• VanToonMan

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Keep Cabaye….Bring in Ba on loan with option to purchase for £8million at the end of the season, Gomis and Toby A (total outlay of £15million)….bring Kagawa on loan (Athletico are trying to take him on loan….surely he would like to stay in the Prem)…

Then have a solid season with a top squad…maybe finish top 6/7 and then sign two quality strikers permanently in the summer (who that is depends on how Ba does and other available strikers out there)

Sounds pretty rational….but maybe I’m asking for too much!!

• VanToonMan

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM

*sorry I emant depending on how Ba AND Remy do this season

• lesh

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Slank // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Repost

Slank. Could it be that Pardew should get the credit fir that apparent unity? After all, he is renowned for his man-management.

Credit where credit’s due?

• Indian Magpie

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Breaking News – Joe Kinnear has woken up and brushed his teeth.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

harsh on vukic I feel

The guy has barely strung 3 games together over the past 3 years….even an established player would struggle in those circumstances.

He needs a loan as he needs consistent football…bit part role for us will do him no good.

• SuperShearer

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Is Sammy a winger or has he just been played there? Can’t help but feel with his height and quick feet he’d be an ideal striker in the mould of an Adebayor. Just a thought but he could cause more havoc in the box than out wide….but maybe he’s one of those players that needs the space he gets out there. I’m just waffling for the sake of it now….bye!

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM

He’s a lazy shite transfer sage, doesn’t even work hard.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM

belfast

Based on a handful of games? maybe 4 over 2 and bit years? He seemed to work hard in the games I saw him for cardiff….I think he just looks lost, as if he hasn’t found his role in the side.

I remember the home game against west brom, worked hard, looked good and had 2 amazing strikes from 30 yards…hit bar and then top top save.

I think a loan to a team where he will play most weeks will do him the world of good and see if he will be a good enogh level or not

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Sage

I’d be incredibly surprised if Vuckic made it for us, think it’s time to ship him out on loan and if he does well, cash in on him.

To be honest, I would have much rather we kept Brad Inman, think that lad will climb through the leagues in a couple of seasons.

Also, did anyone else hear the chat about Norwich being supposedly interested in James Troisi? Remember him?

• ToonHeart

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Does anyone know if Remy will be fit to play this weekend against Fulham?

• pawl250

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I would like to see this against Fulham personally, we are at home after all.

———————- Krul
    Debuchy – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Santon
    —— Cabaye – Sissoko – Anita
    Ben Arfa ——- Cisse ———- Gouffran

If Cabaye doesnt play, I would personally play Gosling, deserves a shot after last night in my opinion. AND hes better than Jonas, trying just as hard in my opinion.

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM

He’s already been out on loan. Never going to make it in my opinion. Overrated and injury prone.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

ToonHeart

He might be back to full training, but he is severely lacking in match fitness so I’d be surprised if he got any more than 20mins. If Pardew decided to start him that would a really stupid idea.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

ruddy

No idea if vukic will make it but the lad is very highly thought of and plenty clubs keep tabs on him. Always somebody watching him when he plays.

What I will say is that he may not make it but he does need to spend a full season playing somewhere, highest level where he will get game team in a competitive team, not a team getting hammered every week.

See what happens after that.

• wolfshead@toon

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

3mill loan fee for ba id tell jose to shove it up his tanned asshole so much for the sbr connection

• Tinman

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Bigirimana is 19 you bleeding morons. Kid has a massive future ahead of him. Gets thrown in midfield with Marveaux the lazy, Sammy the clumbsy, Vuckic the crock and Gosling the greedy.
    He has made over 25 appearances for Newcastle with one average performance and suddenly he won’t make it.

Honest to god, some people on here like. Its bloody bewildering

• ToonHeart

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous – Thanks 🙂

I wouldn’t want him rushing back until he’s ready, just wondering.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

belfast
    fair enough…but injury stopped that loan going the distance and held him back again.

I’d personally loan him out for a full season…if he doesn’t impress or gets another injury then i’d be tempted to cut my losses.

• Tinman

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Sage,

Wholehearedly agree on Vuckic. Its far too early to judge him. Needs a season long loan at a championship club. Then we can judge him. If he doesnt perform or gets injured yet again then we should get rid.

• Tinman

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Basically just written the exact same thing after you Sage, great minds and all that eh 😉

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Sage

I doubt Vuckic’s ability to stay fit for an entire loan spell, we sent him to Cardiff and he even managed to get injured there. He may have the natural ability and bags of potential but I think he’ll always be a victim of his unfortunate injuries and as such we’ll never see the best from him.

ToonHeart

I’m just speculating about Remy, I’m not sure if he’s training or not but I’ve heard the rumours of him maybe being fit for Fulham. How could he be fit though? He hasn’t played any games in pre-season or during the season.

• Indian Magpie

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Newcastle united want Eiffel tower on Loan.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

ruddy

I agree. He might never have the fitness but send him away for a full year. See how he copes with a full years games and if he can stay fit…his injuries may have cleared up, we don’t know.

It’s a last chance and will benefit him much more than playing 1 in 10 games for us.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I’m certain that Vuckic was one of the players AP was talking about “drawing a line under”, he’ll certainly be on loan at some point of this season, 6 months at a Championship club and see how he does.

Had high hopes for him but I really don’t think he’ll make it.

• Thump

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM

@catchy: He has his moments but the only thing that really stands out for me was that free kick in the first half. Can see the makings of a decent player but I suppose only time will tell.

Regarding Vuckic: The lad has a brilliant pair of feet but he lacks any kind of positional sense. Maybe it’s confidence, I don’t know, all I know is that I’ve never seen him show up in a competitive game. Send him on loan or sell him. His boat has sailed here.

• Nufc-83

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I thought Gosling did ok last night but can anyone really tell me they think he will be good enough to be a regular player at cm in a premiership side? If so what attributes do you think he brings to the table?

IMO the lad is weak in physique, Very slow both in possession and without, Poor shooting (from outside the box), very limited range of passing, bad first touch and overall poor technique.

he does bring to the table good work ethic and professionalism and his positioning is good ala Kevin Nolan (ghosting into the box in good positions).

I am afraid he does not have anywere near the amount of ability to get into our side and couldnt lace danny guthries boots.

• Tommyy

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM

It’s the same old story with Newcastle, we just cannot bring young players through. When was the last time we consistently brought through players? I can think of any Taylor, Chopra and Carroll who have gone on to actually play at any sort of standard.

I honestly think we stunt the youth players growth massively, at 19 Bigirimana should be out on loan for a full season. I have big hopes for him but I see him languishing in the under 21’s until he’s 21 or 22 and then we’ll let him go for a nominal fee. Vuckic I feel we’ve totally ruined, albeit due to injury and Sammy will be a bench player for us at best long term.

• Tommyy

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

We made a mistake in letting Guthrie go, cracking little stand in player. Shame he failed at Reading. Like Gosling he was just too slow.

• NoBigi

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

@ No. 1 Slank “I liked how all the players celebrated both goals. You could see, from their faces, how much together they were. No signs whatsoever of disharmony.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes with Cabaye it doesn’t seem to affected the team.”

Is this true? I didnt get to watch the game but I hope it is. Do other people agree? I have to admit that the team hasnt lacked passion in my opinion. They just havent had enough oppotunities to show it when we score a goal!!

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Forget Gomis, go and get D.Ba. EPL experience and he scores for fun. Stop all the talking and start the walking.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

You don’t just show passion and desire when you score a goal. You can show it by your performances on the pitch and right now we do not have a team that is playing with any sort of passion or desire whatsoever.

The least we expect from our players is that they give 100% effort, and if they do that they will have the respect of the majority of Newcastle fans, but only a handful of players could say they tried last night. Sammy, Gosling and Gouffran were all full of running, even if Gouffran was running into blind alleys, Shola plays for the jersey, however limited his ability is and Dummy and Elliott looked decent

The rest of the team didn’t do the shirt justice last night and that includes first team players like Debuchy and M’biwa and we have to ask why? Is it because they are not good enough, lacking confidence or because they have regressed under dreadful coaching?

• Transfer Sage

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM

ruddy

I can see bent wanting to stick it to us on sunday…we boo him everytime he comes here and we angered him with out offers. I can see him putting in that extra effort this weekend.