The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Pardew Very Pleased With This Player

11:16 am, Thursday, August 29th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 126 Comments

Vurnon Anita sat out last night’s game at Morecambe, but is likely to start on Saturday against Fulham, and let’s hope we get another solid game from the Dutchman, like he produced last Saturday against West Ham, when he was the best player on the field for Newcastle.

vurnon anita west ham

Vurnon Anita – played very well last Saturday

Vurnin had a tough time of it last season, even though he still made 37 appearances for the first team, but now that he’s getting used to the English way of playing football, we are hoping he has an outstanding season coming up.

And that will be even more important if Yohan Cabaye decides to leave Newcastle in this next few days.

Certainly the manager seems pleased with the 24 year-old Dutchman:

“Anita is getting back to his Ajax game.” “We have worked on Vurn to get him to cope with the Premier League.”  “It is a bit more hurly-burly compared to Holland, as you would imagine.”

“His passing has been sound, and he is making the right decisions. I have been very pleased with him.”  “He took the ball from left to right and then right to left.” “However, it is just about getting more into that final third.”

“Vurnon and Sylvain had better games for the club against West Ham.”  “Sylvain tired towards the end but he did well.”

We suppose if Yohan Cabaye agrees to grace us with his presence on Saturday,  then Vurnon could be on the bench, but maybe Yohan will start on the bench – that’s if he agrees to play of course.

And there was even more good news yesterday (we need as much as we xan get these days), and our U18 side smashed Sunderland 3-0 – an excellent result fron the youngsters.

Now what we need is for Newcastle to put up a good performance against Fulham on Saturday afternoon, and get all 3 points and we’ll be in decent shape.

What do  you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Premier League · Sylvain Marveaux · Vurnon Anita

126 responses so far ↓

• 1 Slank // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Repost

• 2 catchy in norway // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I loved Ba at the club, and would love back again,

but I would nt take him back whilst pardew was in charge,,

it will only be a return to long ball football, as he is a better target man than cisse and strola ,

great win, but come on, whilst Sammy is batter than strola, he has very little end product, and once he gains a bit weight , he will be routed to the ground like his brother, fergy IMO was much better, he could cross

our team looks very scared,

pile on more pressure on pardew, and with a bit of luck he will walk

• 3 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Reading comments like “Pardew got it spot on last night” makes me lose faith in humanity.

Why aren’t more people interrigent, rike me? I’m so ronery….

• 4 Lowesy // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

The problem was with the tactics.

Last night we played with one up front… to Morecombe. This lone striker has been playing in the hole and on the wing for all of his Newcastle career and is hardly a target man to boot.
    Sammy was our best player, and Indian, if you’re saying that he was sh!te because he ran into 2 players by refusing to pass, it’s because there wasn’t a pass on. That ‘in the hole’ space was WIDE open and crying out for someone to make an intelligent run into, pick it up and dink a clever pass into the path of a curving Gouffran run for a finish but we had none of that. Which is why Sammy was forced to keep trying his luck at beating his full-back, and which is why Morecombe recognised him as a danger and put 2 men on him whenever he got the ball. Vuckic was meant to be that ‘in the hole’ player, but he was nonexistent. There was no creativity in the box, no clever movement, no invention. Which, in the end, made it easier for Morecombe to challenge us. This is why I think we desperately need another attacking midfielder, Chelsea have 11 according to SkySports, can’t we borrow one?

Supporting Newcastle is hard.

• 5 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Am I the only one who thought Bigi was absolute crap last night? When he got the ball he just stopped as if he had all the time in the world, or tried to switch flanks and put us in a dodgy position. Short of breaking up a few good bits of play, he looked far too dodgy for my liking.

• 6 Noah Another Ameobi // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM

i would to see sammy start as he’s been one of our better players this season

krul
    santon colo mbiwa dumett
    HBA sissoko anita sammy
    cisse gouffran

• 7 catchy in norway // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thump //

I don’t think he is that good a player

• 8 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I thought Gosling done well. Vuckic yet again garbage. Still waiting to see what all the fuss is about that kid.

Would love to see Ba come back. Think him and Remy would be a good partnership.

• 9 VanToonMan // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Keep Cabaye….Bring in Ba on loan with option to purchase for £8million at the end of the season, Gomis and Toby A (total outlay of £15million)….bring Kagawa on loan (Athletico are trying to take him on loan….surely he would like to stay in the Prem)…

Then have a solid season with a top squad…maybe finish top 6/7 and then sign two quality strikers permanently in the summer (who that is depends on how Ba does and other available strikers out there)

Sounds pretty rational….but maybe I’m asking for too much!!

• 10 VanToonMan // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM

*sorry I emant depending on how Ba AND Remy do this season

• 11 lesh // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Slank // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Repost

Slank. Could it be that Pardew should get the credit fir that apparent unity? After all, he is renowned for his man-management.

Credit where credit’s due?

• 12 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Breaking News – Joe Kinnear has woken up and brushed his teeth.

• 13 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

harsh on vukic I feel

The guy has barely strung 3 games together over the past 3 years….even an established player would struggle in those circumstances.

He needs a loan as he needs consistent football…bit part role for us will do him no good.

• 14 SuperShearer // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Is Sammy a winger or has he just been played there? Can’t help but feel with his height and quick feet he’d be an ideal striker in the mould of an Adebayor. Just a thought but he could cause more havoc in the box than out wide….but maybe he’s one of those players that needs the space he gets out there. I’m just waffling for the sake of it now….bye!

• 15 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM

He’s a lazy shite transfer sage, doesn’t even work hard.

• 16 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM

belfast

Based on a handful of games? maybe 4 over 2 and bit years? He seemed to work hard in the games I saw him for cardiff….I think he just looks lost, as if he hasn’t found his role in the side.

I remember the home game against west brom, worked hard, looked good and had 2 amazing strikes from 30 yards…hit bar and then top top save.

I think a loan to a team where he will play most weeks will do him the world of good and see if he will be a good enogh level or not

• 17 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Sage

I’d be incredibly surprised if Vuckic made it for us, think it’s time to ship him out on loan and if he does well, cash in on him.

To be honest, I would have much rather we kept Brad Inman, think that lad will climb through the leagues in a couple of seasons.

Also, did anyone else hear the chat about Norwich being supposedly interested in James Troisi? Remember him?

• 18 ToonHeart // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Does anyone know if Remy will be fit to play this weekend against Fulham?

• 19 pawl250 // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I would like to see this against Fulham personally, we are at home after all.

———————- Krul
    Debuchy – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Santon
    —— Cabaye – Sissoko – Anita
    Ben Arfa ——- Cisse ———- Gouffran

If Cabaye doesnt play, I would personally play Gosling, deserves a shot after last night in my opinion. AND hes better than Jonas, trying just as hard in my opinion.

• 20 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM

He’s already been out on loan. Never going to make it in my opinion. Overrated and injury prone.

• 21 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM

ToonHeart

He might be back to full training, but he is severely lacking in match fitness so I’d be surprised if he got any more than 20mins. If Pardew decided to start him that would a really stupid idea.

• 22 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

ruddy

No idea if vukic will make it but the lad is very highly thought of and plenty clubs keep tabs on him. Always somebody watching him when he plays.

What I will say is that he may not make it but he does need to spend a full season playing somewhere, highest level where he will get game team in a competitive team, not a team getting hammered every week.

See what happens after that.

• 23 wolfshead@toon // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

3mill loan fee for ba id tell jose to shove it up his tanned asshole so much for the sbr connection

• 24 Tinman // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Bigirimana is 19 you bleeding morons. Kid has a massive future ahead of him. Gets thrown in midfield with Marveaux the lazy, Sammy the clumbsy, Vuckic the crock and Gosling the greedy.
    He has made over 25 appearances for Newcastle with one average performance and suddenly he won’t make it.

Honest to god, some people on here like. Its bloody bewildering

• 25 ToonHeart // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous – Thanks :)

I wouldn’t want him rushing back until he’s ready, just wondering.

• 26 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

belfast
    fair enough…but injury stopped that loan going the distance and held him back again.

I’d personally loan him out for a full season…if he doesn’t impress or gets another injury then i’d be tempted to cut my losses.

• 27 Tinman // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Sage,

Wholehearedly agree on Vuckic. Its far too early to judge him. Needs a season long loan at a championship club. Then we can judge him. If he doesnt perform or gets injured yet again then we should get rid.

• 28 Tinman // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Basically just written the exact same thing after you Sage, great minds and all that eh 😉

• 29 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Sage

I doubt Vuckic’s ability to stay fit for an entire loan spell, we sent him to Cardiff and he even managed to get injured there. He may have the natural ability and bags of potential but I think he’ll always be a victim of his unfortunate injuries and as such we’ll never see the best from him.

ToonHeart

I’m just speculating about Remy, I’m not sure if he’s training or not but I’ve heard the rumours of him maybe being fit for Fulham. How could he be fit though? He hasn’t played any games in pre-season or during the season.

• 30 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Newcastle united want Eiffel tower on Loan.

• 31 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

ruddy

I agree. He might never have the fitness but send him away for a full year. See how he copes with a full years games and if he can stay fit…his injuries may have cleared up, we don’t know.

It’s a last chance and will benefit him much more than playing 1 in 10 games for us.

• 32 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I’m certain that Vuckic was one of the players AP was talking about “drawing a line under”, he’ll certainly be on loan at some point of this season, 6 months at a Championship club and see how he does.

Had high hopes for him but I really don’t think he’ll make it.

• 33 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:01 PM

@catchy: He has his moments but the only thing that really stands out for me was that free kick in the first half. Can see the makings of a decent player but I suppose only time will tell.

Regarding Vuckic: The lad has a brilliant pair of feet but he lacks any kind of positional sense. Maybe it’s confidence, I don’t know, all I know is that I’ve never seen him show up in a competitive game. Send him on loan or sell him. His boat has sailed here.

• 34 Nufc-83 // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I thought Gosling did ok last night but can anyone really tell me they think he will be good enough to be a regular player at cm in a premiership side? If so what attributes do you think he brings to the table?

IMO the lad is weak in physique, Very slow both in possession and without, Poor shooting (from outside the box), very limited range of passing, bad first touch and overall poor technique.

he does bring to the table good work ethic and professionalism and his positioning is good ala Kevin Nolan (ghosting into the box in good positions).

I am afraid he does not have anywere near the amount of ability to get into our side and couldnt lace danny guthries boots.

• 35 Tommyy // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM

It’s the same old story with Newcastle, we just cannot bring young players through. When was the last time we consistently brought through players? I can think of any Taylor, Chopra and Carroll who have gone on to actually play at any sort of standard.

I honestly think we stunt the youth players growth massively, at 19 Bigirimana should be out on loan for a full season. I have big hopes for him but I see him languishing in the under 21’s until he’s 21 or 22 and then we’ll let him go for a nominal fee. Vuckic I feel we’ve totally ruined, albeit due to injury and Sammy will be a bench player for us at best long term.

• 36 Tommyy // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM

We made a mistake in letting Guthrie go, cracking little stand in player. Shame he failed at Reading. Like Gosling he was just too slow.

• 37 NoBigi // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

@ No. 1 Slank “I liked how all the players celebrated both goals. You could see, from their faces, how much together they were. No signs whatsoever of disharmony.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes with Cabaye it doesn’t seem to affected the team.”

Is this true? I didnt get to watch the game but I hope it is. Do other people agree? I have to admit that the team hasnt lacked passion in my opinion. They just havent had enough oppotunities to show it when we score a goal!!

• 38 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Forget Gomis, go and get D.Ba. EPL experience and he scores for fun. Stop all the talking and start the walking.

• 39 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM

You don’t just show passion and desire when you score a goal. You can show it by your performances on the pitch and right now we do not have a team that is playing with any sort of passion or desire whatsoever.

The least we expect from our players is that they give 100% effort, and if they do that they will have the respect of the majority of Newcastle fans, but only a handful of players could say they tried last night. Sammy, Gosling and Gouffran were all full of running, even if Gouffran was running into blind alleys, Shola plays for the jersey, however limited his ability is and Dummy and Elliott looked decent

The rest of the team didn’t do the shirt justice last night and that includes first team players like Debuchy and M’biwa and we have to ask why? Is it because they are not good enough, lacking confidence or because they have regressed under dreadful coaching?

• 40 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM

ruddy

I can see bent wanting to stick it to us on sunday…we boo him everytime he comes here and we angered him with out offers. I can see him putting in that extra effort this weekend.

• 41 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

saying that I still see us beating fulham though

• 42 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

I tend to disagree a little mate. I just think the team lack confidence. It seems shot to bits atm. You also missed C.Good. He was excellent last night. Seems very composed and fears nothing. His passing was a joy to watch and and didn’t see him give that ball away once. Good needs to do that at EPL level and if he does then he has a spot in our defence and i will say the same of Dummett. Mbiwa looks nervous atm, he is a good player, he knows that and the club knows that. Marveaux was poor last night and i generally stick up for the lad on here but last night he was shocking. Gosling saved our skin twice last night and played ok, nothing spectacular tbf but he did a job. Young Sammy was full of energy but i couldn’t help but feel annoyed with him at times. The game changed when HBA came on setting up both goals.

• 43 Visten // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Ruddy you can add Good to that list. I thought he looked composed and also brought it out of defence instead of panic setting in like most and hoofing it.

• 44 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Sage

As always, I will hope for the best, but expecting the worst, think it will either be a draw or a scraped win. I don’t want even contemplate us losing this one….

• 45 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Aye Good played well, forgot about him. HBA was sharp when he came on with a couple of good assists.

Marveaux was shocking, on current performances is Debuchy any better than Simmo? M’biwa looked very nervous and I don’t understand it, the guy is a good defender, time for him to wake up to English football.

• 46 Spoof // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM

A good player can’t become a bad one after just a few months of bad coaching, what we have got to accept is that they aren’t as good as we all believed them to be, we were linked with Debuchy, Mbiwa and Sissoko well before we signed them but we waited so we could get them cheaper, if they were that good another side would have jumped in and beaten us to their signatures. Good players who are available for less than £10m get snapped up very quickly, these lads didn’t, so why is that, because they aren’t as good as be believe them to be.

• 47 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Ruddy

Yeh I’m a bit the same as you there. Fulham haven’t looked great so far this year but they did win away to sunderland.

We also have struggled and wont have new faces in before the game, doubt remy will be fit either, at least not for more than 10 mins at the end.

• 48 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM

ruddy

can honestly say I’d not seen mbiwa before we got him so no idea how well he did in france other than going off his repuation and finishing as league winning captain.

For me he looks poor. Not as quick as people said, takes too long on the ball, very casual, his passing is no where near the level of colo’s, his positioning is all over the place, not the best in the air…don’t see the fuss at all.

Hope I’m wrong and he kicks on but for me the guy is poor, at least in english football anyway.

• 49 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Marveaux was a pile last night. I feel both Debuchy and Marveaux are finding it hard at NUFC. I think Debuchy is unsettled because of the Cabaye situation and i think he struggles with the pace of the English game. D.Rose of SAFC at the time and Jarvis both made him look like a total mug. As for Marveaux, i really feel he is unhappy. I do rate the lad but maybe we should let him go, probably back to France.

• 50 Spoof // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM

TS

he has looked poor but I still fel that he will come good, I just hope that he is taking longer than expected to find his feet and settle into the English game, he still looks a bit too casual to me, but I do think that he will prove to be a good un, fingers crossed.

• 51 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Sage

I saw M’biwa a bit for Montpellier and thought he was a very classy defender, I think he has struggled to cope with how little time he has on the ball in English football compared to French football and I am hoping that this season is the season he comes to terms with it.

In Colo’s first season in English football he was terrible, and it was only when we got relegated that he started to look like any sort of a defender so I am holding out hope for both Debuchy and M’biwa.

As for Fulham, they have some tidy enough players, and on their day they could cause us a few problems and it really all depends if Berbatov shows up. When we went to Craven Cottage last season Berba was unplayable, won every ball that went near him and was sheer class. I think we should rough him up in the first 10/15 mins and hopefully he’ll disappear, take Berba out of the game and you’re half way to beating them.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Where’s pawl 1250 or whatever he’s called with his patronising ”calm down dearies,the windows’s only been open eight weeks, Mikey wouldn’t be so stupid as to make the same mistakes as last year, he’s a self made billionaire”

• 53 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Transfer Sage

TBF to Mbiwa, Sissoko and Debuchy, they still need time. They have only been here half a season. Maybe we are being harsh on the lads. Cast your minds back to Collo and Enrique and their first season with us, they where both shocking to say the least. Look at them both now. Both very established EPL players and up there with the best in the epl.

• 54 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

@No Bigi: It is very true. Some players looked almost relieved that we’d scored, let alone won!

• 55 bobby mango // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Debuchy certainly doesn’t seem comfortable.

Glad others are noticing MYM’s flaws. People so quick to laud him over Taylor but he’s by no means perfect.
    His passing is awful. Last game of last season vs arsenal he passed straight to them more times than I could count. Was shocked to see him praised after the game.

• 56 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Toon1978

Marv isn’t doing his chances for selection any good is he? He’s not a winger though I’d like to think he would put in a shift no matter where he was asked to play. I would like to see him played in a sort of CAM role where he only has to pick passes rather than beat a man down the line.

I say give him 4/5 games in a row in a CAM role and see if he looks decent, if not then it’s back to the bench for him.

• 57 Sazzer // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM

NUFC Stats ?@NUFC_Stats
    West Ham have opened talks with Newcastle regarding a move for Shola Ameobi. [via @officiallythree] #nufc

• 58 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM

@BackPage: Tottenham are open to loan offers for Lewis Holtby, should Christian Eriksen sign from Ajax. Gylfi Sigurdsson will also be up for sale #THFC

I’d take either or both these lads in our squad

• 59 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Jail

Spat my scalding coffee all over myself when Pawl said that Pardew got last night’s tactics “spot on”

He’s clearly on the wind up so I wouldn’t pay him any attention. He wants to be talked about, has nothing of any value to contribute so he stirs the pot and winds people up.

• 60 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM

West Ham want Ameobi apparently. We might actually get a fee lol

• 61 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM

WWSBRD

Holtby is a very tidy footballer, as is Sigurdsson, but no doubt we’ll have them both tracking back covering for Santon and Debuchy in no time…because that’s what good wingers and attacking midfielder players do isn’t it?

• 62 Spoof // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM

After seeing Debuchy against West Ham I am now more hopeful that he will be ok than what I was before West Ham, for a 10/15 minute spell the pace of Jarvis was just too much for him and I had visions of WH exploiting that and torturing him all afternoon, if Debs got too close he would get turned and be chasing shadows, if he stood too far back Jarvis would have a run at him and leave him standing, but in fairness to Debs he took a position where he wasn’t close enough to get turned but close enough to make a challenge if Jarvis was going to have a run at him, as a result he did stop the threat from Jarvis so hopefully if he can continue like that then he may prove to be a decent RB, he found a way to stop a danger so credit where its due, but he still has a long way to go to prove his value, but hopefully that was a sign that he may just be settling in a bit.

• 63 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM

wwsbrd

i’d take sigurdson…not seen anything in holtby that says he is better than guthrie.

Ruddy and other

I think mbiwa might improve, harsh to judge when so young and in a new league for 6months…I just haven’t seen anything about his play I like yet. May well change and then my opinion will, until then I am always cautious when he plays CB….he looked a much better LB for us when used there.

• 64 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Ruddy
    If our defenders could defend mate wouldn’t have to

• 65 DokToon // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM

good morning all,

nice to get the 1st win outta the way :)

leeds will be a fun match, if only just to show ashley what happens to a club that mismanages itself… maybe itll inspire him…

and i see our new striker/attacker is in fine form – hi ruddy :)

• 66 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM

West Ham fans seem to be over the moon with that news lol

That would explain why fat head was at our game last night.

• 67 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM

TS
    He was the captain of German U-21 side.

Very good player.

• 68 GeorgeNUFC // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Yeah, that would explain why Fat Sam was at the game last night.

“The Hammers will move quickly to find a back-up striker to Andy Carroll should Vaz Te leave as expected. Allardyce was at Morecambe last night to watch Newcastle’s 2-0 Capital One Cup victory with Shola Ameobi understood to be in his sights. ” – Goal.com

• 69 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Sage

There have been a number of games that I’ve been very impressed by his positioning, but at other times it is off. I would like to see Colo and M’biwa get an entire season as No 1 and 2 CB under their belt, if M’biwa can’t learn from Colo he can learn from no one.

I still think we will see big errors and blips from both M’biwa and Debuchy this season as they are still settling in and if Cabaye leaves I’d imagine Debuchy would be very unsettled, but hopefully they improve massively as the season progresses.

• 70 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

belfast

anywhere other than twitter at the moment?

Not sure why they need him like, or why he’d go….probably be the same in the pecking order as he is here…unless we plan to do some business.

• 71 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Sage
    Holtby is a good bit better than Guthrie mate

• 72 Ibizatoon // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Phil Forster ?@Sky_PhilForster 4m

Sky sources: Several clubs interested in #NUFC striker Shola Ameobi but NO interest from #WHUFC
    Retweeted by Colin
    Phil Forster ?@Sky_PhilForster 7m

#NUFC set to continue Ba and Gomis talks today http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/79088/newcastle-united-in-demba-ba-and-bafetimbi-gomis-talks-today
    Retweeted by Colin
    Phil Forster ?@Sky_PhilForster 2h

#NUFC target possible replacements for Yohan Cabaye http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/79075/newcastle-united-target-possible-replacements-for-yohan-cabaye

• 73 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

indian

he could have captained the womens polo team for all I care…he is a nothing player in my eyes.

no shot on him, passes well sideways and backwards, doesnt have great pace….very much another joe allen from his time at spurs.

• 74 Transfer Sage // Aug 29, 2013 at 12:59 PM

wwsbrd

not seen anything of it in a tottenham shirt though….if he struggled to do much for them he would be dire for us, we are a much weaker side.

• 75 Sazzer // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

NUFC Stats ?@NUFC_Stats
    Newcastle United are targeting midfielders Geoffrey Kondogbia and Radja Nainggolan with just four days left of the transfer window #nufc

• 76 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Dok

Hi! How are things bud? Did you get watching the match last night?

WWSBRD

I’ve been saying this for a while, there are people who claim that Jonas should start because he provides cover for Santon when he goes on an attacking foray, but my point is that he shouldn’t have to. Defending Santon’s position is Santon’s responsibility, who covers for Evra, Cole, Baines or Clichy when they are bombing up the park? They cover for themselves by bombing all the way back down the wing again and into position.

This is something that both Debuchy and Santon really need to work on.

• 77 Ibizatoon // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Fell victim of a double link post there…

I’ll try again…

Phil Forster ?@Sky_PhilForster 4m

Retweeted by Colin
    Phil Forster ?@Sky_PhilForster 7m

Retweeted by Colin

• 78 curmon // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I am wondering if JFK was brought in to ensure that we did not sign any players ( except loanee’s) during this transfer window. Thus curbing the enthusiasm of Lambas, Carr and Pardew. If so the direction of travel under Ashley is down.

• 79 Ibizatoon // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Phil Forster ?@Sky_PhilForster 2h

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

• 80 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Sage

Woah, a nothing player? Definitely not. Hotlby is a cracking player, and if we’re on about giving M’biwa and Debuchy time to settle in the PL why are you so harsh on Holtby? He has a cracking pass on him and he actually does have a shot on him, he would be among the best players at the club if we signed him.

• 81 Spoof // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Roma are also supposed to be interested in Demba Ba

• 82 JAMSHA // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM

gomis wikipedia still says newcastle.they hope to complete the deal by tomoro

• 83 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Sage
    That’s because he doesn’t get used mate haha I reckon he’d star in our midfield tbh he’s only 22 as well

Ruddy
    True but they don’t…santon is useless unless Colo is in his ear imo and Debuchy well I regularly struggle to see how he’s better than Simpson was

• 84 DokToon // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM

ruddy, i did not, but 1978 was kind enough to keep me updated…

cracking blogger 1978 is, in the mold of holtby :)

• 85 JK // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM

update from the club coming on friday with good news. Whole team been busy to get targets over the line, but good news coming before the weekend game.

Some old friends have helped us out im ha – lost my keys – wheres – happy to say. this speach to text app is sh**e. wheres my bloody keys. stuck in wynyard again. turn this f***king phone off.

• 86 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Oh and as for Ba I loved the lad but when he left I recall comments made from his agent that he hated how he was treated by the NUFC management…why would he come back?

• 87 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Dok

Well if he’s anything like Holtby then he has the ability to make it on the blog, but I think he needs a little more time to settle before he really takes the blog by storm 😉 haha

WWSBRD

Apparently calling Santon useless is sacrilege, it has been my opinion of him for a long time. He’s dreadful defensively and doesn’t do enough in the opponent’s half to warrant the hype over him.

I was also told in no uncertain terms that HBA is a “world class player” – if this was the case, why the hell is he playing for Newcastle United? Answer to that question is – he’s not a world class player.

• 88 joe kinnear // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Almost there guys

• 89 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Say what you want about Levy but he knows how to run a football club. Seeing them bring in Soldado, Paulinho,Lamela & Erikkson makes me feel sick.

That is what we should have done when we sold Carroll. Yet we still havn’t replaced Ba FFS.

• 90 Wandering Geordie // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM

It looks like Demba Ba could be on his way to Roma

• 91 richyg01 // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM

SSN: According to Italian daily Il Tempo, Roma may be about to join the chase for Chelsea striker Demba Ba. It was reported on Wednesday that Newcastle are keen on taking the Senegal international back to St James’ Park.

• 92 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Ruddy
    I rate Santon but he is naive in defending and requires baby sitters imo anyway and he needs to apply himself more to learn (could be the lack of coaching as well mind I don’t know)

As for the Hatem bomb nar he’s not world class for me either but I’ve had that debate on here since he signed for us…doesn’t do near enough to warrant the praise he gets

• 93 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder 22s
    Loic Remy is set for a bench role against Fulham #NUFC
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder 49s
    AP press conf: “I have told Yohan I expect him to play against Fulham” #NUFC

• 94 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Ruddy And Dok

Hahaha, cheers lads, been blogging on here since the start but struggled to settle with all the negativity hahahahahaha 😉 some great names mentioned as potential signings…fingers crossed. Ruddy, i agree with what you say about Marveaux. NOT a winger by any stretch of the imagination. He is a player capable of doing the oppo damage if he is played in his strongest position imo, that is behind the striker BUT i also believe that is HBA better position also hence Marveaux would struggle to get a game if they were both to compete for that position.

• 95 DokToon // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM

for the record, im a fan of getting ANYONE in here, ba, gomis, we need a few in, and times a wasting…

strikers, it seems to me, are like the prima donna’s of a club… little brats… but you gotta have more than a shola and cisse… goofy is best on left side, look at him from last year, running everything down and serving it in… im quite fond of him, and think as time goes, he’ll only get better….

• 96 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Ali ?@NotAliGrey 16h
    Shola;
    1. (verb) To shoot when you can’t be arsed to run anymore. “He’s Shola’d that.”
    2. (interj.) An exclamation of anger. “SHOLA MAN!”

• 97 Tinman // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Jamsha,

You do realise I could log into wikipedia now and change Gomis club to Blyth Spartans if I wanted too?

Seems like the Toon Transfer Train is gaining momentum, hopefully we can bring in 2+ players before end of window.

• 98 GenralHez // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Players surplus to requirements: – Sholla, Jonas, Obertran, Williamson Steve Taylor and Tiote

Players needed : – Stricker(s) ( Ba/ Gomis)
    Winger – Ince
    Defender X 2

The most important requirement is a new manager / coach; the current one is useless.

• 99 Tinman // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM

GenralHez,
    Obertran sounds like a robot off Transformers.
    Sticker plays golf but would still probably be an upgrade on our current strikers.

• 100 Yohan Kebab // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

“We would like another striker or two flair players”

an odd statement, but that decision i feel will make the difference between 442 and 4231 for us

• 101 Yohan Kebab // Aug 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM

if we sign ba, cabaye stays

• 102 Tinman // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Kebab,
    True. Very odd statement. I would still love a 4-3-3, think Remy, Gouffran, HBA are already built for the wide striker roles. Cisse and Gomis could be the two main central stikers.

• 103 Sazzer // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Good to here they are considering two flair players option.

• 104 aidytoon9 // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

yes have to agree on some of the posts I have read about vuckic, he looks slow and weak, takes ages to turn.

thought debs looked a good right back before he came to us but after watching him towards the end of last and the start of this season he looks like he is out of his depth.

think we may need a right back for cover in this window also. I know Anita could play there but prefer him to be in midfield.

Ashley needs to get his finger out quick or we are defo bottom half material? Thoughts.

• 105 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

More Flair for pardew to Kill

• 106 Sazzer // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

hear…

• 107 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I predict a 0-0 draw against Fulham if Remy doesn’t play, that in my book would be another two points thrown away, if there are three points between third and fourth bottom place this year, would the few hundred thousand we saved in agents fees be really worth it if it was us in that was in third, we’ll never know that if James MIlner had of stayed an extra year but with a PL proven player and England international in the team we may well have scraped that extra point we needed to stay up, so the paltry 11M that Mashley pocketed for that deal saw us descend into a further 50M of debt which Mashley seemed all to happy to ‘lend’ us

• 108 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Kondogbia would be a brilliant signing but I don’t know much about Nainggolan.

Now… can we not sell Cabaye and sell Obertan instead? Pretty please?

• 109 Sazzer // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Nainggolan and Tiote is similar style.

Not exactly a flair player so they are most likely alternatives if Cabaye leaves if there is anything in those rumours at all.

• 110 Yohan Kebab // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

the way it sounds we will be going ‘one striker or two flair the front 6 will either be

anita sissoko
    HBA flair flair
    cisse/remy

or
    HBA anita sissoko remy/jonas/sammy
    cisse/striker

• 111 aidytoon9 // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

It’s on sky sports now saying pards aspects cabs to be available for Fulham game on sat.
    If he has refused to play I wouldn’t let him in the ground.

• 112 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:19 PM

aidytoon

expects?

• 113 aidytoon9 // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Whoops expects!

• 114 Sazzer // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Neither of Obertan nor Amalfitano featured against Morecambe right?

Suprised to see them still here after the window closes.

• 115 Sazzer // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Yeah, Remy will play winger if a striker is signed and as striker if winger is signed. Same goes with Gouffran as third option.

• 116 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM

@Sazzer: Thankfully not. For all I felt that little twinge of sadness when I saw Sammy was starting ahead of either… thank f he did.

• 117 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM

sazzer,
    I once had a wardrobe that I couldn’t give away even the St Claires hospice didn’t want it, I ended up putting it on the tip.

• 118 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Pards “expects” Cabaye to play on Saturday, feeding the illusion that he ever refused to play in the first place. I’d wager he plays a bit part role, if he got injured it would really sicken the fat man though.

• 119 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Have to say, if Cabaye starts against Fulham I’ll be furious. If he’s refused to play, he should be put on the bench. He can’t just walk back into the starting XI after all of this.

• 120 toon kk // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Our big problem is until Remy is fit or another striker comes in I can’t see where our goals are going to come from. We badly struggle to create never mind score. Training must be very poor.

• 121 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM

On both Gouffran and Remy, I think neither should be played up top by themselves, but if they were paired with a striker who can hold up the ball and release it quickly I’d be all for it. As it stands, Gouffran will never prosper up top in a 4-2-3-1 and I fear the same for Remy.

Cisse is a striker who would thrive if we had pacey wingers who could beat their men and whip a dangerous cross or cut the ball back into the box, but in the absence of these players Cisse should always have a striker partner in my opinion.

• 122 JAMSHA // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:38 PM

vuckic was ok has pace… bt needs to shoot quick takrs time to shoot the ball… send him.on loan.n he should b fit for nxt season

• 123 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Jamsha

The one thing that I would say that Vuckic is seriously lacking in is pace.

• 124 stu mel // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Everybody seems to have goufy in there line out, I can’t see it ATM I feel he has no confidence and there’s to much pressure round him and I feel if where not careful he could be killed off as a player because are direr need for a goal scorer. I don’t think he’s found his grit yet and to be fair I fear for him, as he’s a decent player and he has more impacted as a fresh face to the game, until or when? We find those goals, then I do feel he come into his own as there are elements to his game which totally out shine the poacher that can’t poach cisse

• 125 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Short of time so I’m going to post a few opinions and let certain people either attack me or praise me at the same time…

Pardew – must be royally p*ssed off right now with the lack of transfers and the Cabaye debacle but is being incredibly professional. Normally I’d expect him to get sacked after a lacklustre start to the season but I can’t place all the blame on his door.

Cabaye – he won’t be the first footballer not to play when there’s a bigger club after him. But I’d love to know the truth on why he hasn’t played. If he goes, I hope we are told what really happened (and not a “he said” back and forth like Carroll).

JFK – what the hell is he doing??? He was brought in to get players over the line and to use his football knowledge as an improvement over business-orientated Llambias.

Fans forum – I haven’t heard anything about this for a while, but I really hope this works out so we can get some more direct communication from the club about the plans for the future.

League Cup – I’m not happy at all that yet again we risked going out to a lower league club by playing a reserve team. And I’m shocked that players like Marv and Vuckic didn’t work their socks off to prove they are worthy of a regular starting place.

Effort – when we got 5th place, the key thing for me was that Pardew had the whole team working as hard as they could on the pitch. The effort was obvious as we chased down every ball and played hard until the final whistle. Watching Tiote put in crunching tackles before Cabaye started attacking move after attacking move was brilliant. We didn’t always score the most beautiful goals but it was effective. Where has that gone??

Creativity – Cabaye is (was?) our playmaker and is needed to set up attacks, Ben Arfa is our wildcard who can turn a match at any point, but beyond that, where is the creativity? I haven’t seen much from Goofy or Marv so far, Remy is injured and I don’t see Sissoko having that vision, although he does have excellent drive.

Goals – Cisse is all too easy to mark out of the game because he’s our only goal threat. Opposing defenders just aren’t going to be too scared about Goofy, Shola or Ben Arfa having a crack because they miss a lot more than they score. We need Cabaye in the team coming from deep, we need Remy playing, we need another striker to take the weight off Cisse and we need all the attacking players to use the extra space that will be created.

I just want to get this damn transfer window over and done with so we know what we’ve got to work with for the rest of the year…

• 126 Sazzer // Aug 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Remy can hold his own as lone striker. He’s powerful guy.

Gouffran needs better midfield to succeed but he wouldn’t be able to play lone striker like Lewandowski-light but maybe Suarez-light if coached correctly.

previous post: Stress Starting To Show On Newcastle Manager