Cabaye Expected To Play On Saturday – Pardew Exerts Pressure

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye is now likely to make his first appearance of the season for Newcastle against Fulham on Saturday, and that’s according to Alan Pardew at his press conference   held earlier today for the Fulham game.

yohan cabaye blackpool 98

Yohan Cabaye – when he used to play for Newcastle – at Blackpool

Obviously Alan was questioned on the situation regarding the French International midfielder, and he’s lost some support by the unprofessional way Cabaye has handled himself ever sine that first (and so far only) bid of £11M came in from Arsenal – and as the Newcastle manager said – turned his head.

This is what Alan said today:

“What I have said to Yohan Cabaye is I expect him to play this weekend.” “Is he receptive? I think so but we’ll have to wait and see.”  “Until another bid comes in from Arsenal that is accepted or not that will be the situation.”

“I hope I can keep all my players.”  “You don’t want to lose world-class players like Yohan Cabaye and we will hopefully add one or two.”

And I know some fans think it’s the club that are holding back Cabaye in case he gets injured , but the preponderance of evidence is that Yohan has refused to play and the player put Pardew into a difficult position, and the Newcastle manager – to his credit – has attempted to protect his player – even though he refused to play for the side.

Quite honestly  we think Alan Pardew is as frustrated as the rest of us with Newcastle’s inability to have some success in the transfer window this summer.

And after the transfer window closes Newcastle should take a hard long look at what worked – but more importantly what didn’t work in this transfer window and try to improve, because it seems painful whenever Newcastle try to bring in one of their targets.

And it doesn’t  seem to be the big problem at other clubs that it is on Tyneside.

Anyway – first things first and we need a top striker brought in – and we assume Joe Kinnear is working night and day on that –  and if he isn’t he should be. 😀

If a blog writer can get up at 3:00 am every morning to write these articles, then Joe Kinnear can work around the clock on something that is so much more important for Newcastle United.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Noah Another Ameobi

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM

cabaye should be on the bench and come on at 60 mins

• Indian Magpie

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Watched the highlights of last night match.

Pardew didn’t even greet Morecambe Manager properly

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Pardew hinting that it was Cabaye’s choice not to play. If he leaves then expect to have ‘the truth’ from both sides like the Carroll situation. I really hope they can actually agree this time whether he stays or goes. There is only one truth.

For the record, I anticipate the following:
    – Cabaye’s agent states that last summer the club said he could leave the following summer if a CL club offered his asking price
    – Cabaye’s agent feels that Arsenal have offered a good price for a player who cost about a third of that 2 years ago

So has he simply refused to play? Is he just not being professional in training? Are the other players annoyed with him?

It’s simple though really…Arsenal say that they want “special players” only. If the French international playmaker is considered “special” then surely he’s worth more than £12M.

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Indian Magpie

I noticed that last night. Pardew should have the common courtesy to get up and shake the man’s hand. I can’t see the problem with landing Ba. For god sake, for the good of the club, go in and get him asap. No urgency from the club at all. ARHGHHHH lol.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Ruddy…I think the general perception is Cabaye doesn’t want to play…or at least didn’t want to play after the Arsenal bid.

…Pardew’s interview seconds that emotion! 🙂

• Lowesy

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

If we get to Tuesday and no one new has been brought in, something has to be done. I understand some of you have season tickets but can’t we protest for one match at least? No one enter the stadium, everyone stand outside, don’t purchase tickets. Surely with 52,000 fans chanting outside the stadium with empty seats inside would be much more or a protest than chanting inside? Just a thought. I think it would be make a huge statement, not only to Ashley, Kinnear and Pardew but also the players and to the rest of the nation that we aren’t going to stand for this sh!te! Because that’s what I can see is going to happen. No players, but they’ll say, at least we held onto Cabaye (if we do manage that), while teams around us like Cardiff, Norwich, Swansea, etc. are all spending to improve their teams!

• Wiz

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Toon Darn Sarf – there is not the space for an economics discussion, much though I enjoy those. I am an advisor to the Green Party and would simply point out the following facts: a) Spanish banks alone have unsecured lending of 1.7tn Euros, well beyond the grasp of the EU, the ECB, and the IMF. b) Countries stand behind bust banks so they have the credibility to continue trading. c) Banks stand behind countries so they can fund their social programmes. I would invite you to reflect upon these facts, and consider also if alternative systems are going to have to be found one way or another, and perhaps conclude that nothing will change until it has to. Sante!

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Wiz from previous thread

Having an owner unwilling to rectify or acknowledge mistakes that could very well lead to relegation is a worrying sign indeed.

First and foremost, let’s not entertain the notion that the signings made in January were brought forward, that is BS as we needed those players last summer. With only Willo, Colo and Saylor at CB we desperately needed M’biwa last summer. With only Cisse, Ba and Shola at ST we needed extra options, especially on the wings so we needed Gouffran last summer. With Simmo needing to be upgraded we should have bought Debuchy last summer. Haidara is off the radar now making his signing seem pointless and given how much first team football both Perch and Bigirimana got last season we really could have done with Sissoko last summer.

So, the reality is, January signings should have all been made last summer, which means that we have to view this summer solely on its own merits, and the fact that we’ve only signed Remy on loan means that this is a disastrous window and Mike Ashley has not learned from his mistakes, in fact, he seems intent on repeating them as he has found a method that saves him money.

• Indian Magpie

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

toon 1978

exactly

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Jesper

I don’t believe it for one second.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Toon1978

Did you notice that too? Shaking a man’s hand sitting down is always considered discourteous is it not?

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Ruddy…I know non of us like Mike, but I don’t think it’s fair to blame him for everything!

…I think this one is one Cabaye and his agent and personally I don’t want any of it! I think it’s unprofessional and childlike attitude what Cabaye is showing.

I wouldn’t even play him before after September 2nd 🙂

• NobbyNolano

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Cabaye’s gonna come away with egg on his face without a doubt. If he does his talking on the pitch he’ll be fine. Just needs to not repeat similar actions even if he is subject to a bid from a more attractive club for him.

• belgrade fan

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM

How is now problem with Gomis about his wage??? Didn’t they say we agreed terms with him and only prob is agents fees?? this club is one big lie, started from MA. just waiting 3 more days and 0 signings to say bye bye until regime is changed. Cant believe you fans who live in Newc doing nothing about this

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Does that not serve to show the distrust that Newcastle fans have in Mike Ashley? That a large section of fans will not take things at face value?

It whiffs of the Andy Carroll transfer, and that one wasn’t as transparent as some would have you believe.

• aidytoon9

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Cabaye world class, not sure about that.
    If he has refused to play get him out.

• Wiz

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Ruddy – I agree with you. I do have my prejudices about Ashley, that is true, and one of them is that he is a gambler. When he bought the club he made one of his few public utterances about it. He said it was a bit of fun. He meant that he was in it for the same reasons as fans. But I thought that showed a misunderstanding of football fans. And it was a giveaway to his own views. We are a bit of fun to him, it is true, and we are a massive gambling opportunity, with real, business-style money at stake. I sincerely believe this. Naturally I cannot prove it. But I honestly think that if Ashley had to choose between spending forty million and finishing fourth, or spending nothing and finishing eighth, he would choose the latter, even though every fan would choose the former. And of course he might in due course he better off getting into the Champions’ League, despite that expenditure. But it is more fun for Mike Ashley if he spends less than anyone else and finishes with a bigger and demonstrable profit. He is a hopeless football club steward for that very reason. He is not a fan!

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Nah not for me.

Anita deserves to start after last week.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Wiz

You’re right, it isn’t the space for an economics discussion, although I enjoy those too. I am not involved in that area in my profession although I do have a wonderful way of smelling bullsh*t and taking apart completely implausible or illogical arguments…sadly those people all too often also have a way of just believing their argument in the manner of a religious fanatic…

The issue is that we know there are serious problems with the economy in our country and we know there are serious problems with our football club too. Just randomly ranting at the people at the top demanding change will never actually do anything except for perhaps making the person doing the ranting feel a little better.

There are only 3 ways that I can see things improving for our club the way we want them to:
    1 – proper engagement between the fans and the club that creates real change and brings the club closer to the fans – the Fans’ Forum should help.
    2 – Ashley sells up when he’s good and ready and gets an offer that meets his asking price
    3 – The Premier League collapses or radically changes (i.e. the biggest clubs disappear off to a European league) and Newcastle United can operate in a way more similar to that of a couple of decades ago – less focussed on money.

• gonufc (Release the Hatem Bomb)

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I’ve just read Pardew’s comments from after the match last night
    “It was important for us to get a goal because obviously we haven’t scored this year, so to get two goals was a nice bonus.”

Is he serious?!?!
    That’s the most pathetic, stupid, mediocre, unambitious statement I think I have heard yet from him!!

A cup game against a team 3 divisions below us, we perform SHAMBOLLICALLY and scrape a win and he says getting 2 goals against this side is a bonus!?!?!

Unbelievable.

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

It is very discourteous and a sign of arrogance. Pardew is no better a person then the Shrimps manager because he plies his trade in the EPL. I was embarrassed with his action’s. He represents NUFC, he need’s to remember that. Also, it was hard to judge which team was the EPL side at times last night which leads me to believe that the shrimps man is doing a fine job. Give your head a wobble Pardew.

• aidytoon9

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM

How would Anita feel if cabs starts on sat?
    I would be straight in pards office.

• Indian Magpie

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM

If we beat Fulham on Saturday it’ll be our first home win since we beat…….. Fulham (146 days earlier) #nufc

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Ruddy…I cannot speak for everyone, but as I told TS a few days ago I think some have an unhealthy attitude towards Mike Ashley; I don’t like him either, but blaming him for things just because it’s perceptible he would do it is not right in my book!

…these are all grown men we are talking about and as such should be accountable for their actions – Cabaye is a big boy and the blame should definitely be on him shoulders.

It’s not an attitude of an professional footballer.

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Arsenal have signed Flamini today, so I doubt they will be back with another offer.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Jesper

You could be putting blame on his shoulders that is not his blame to bear, in the same manner that you think I could be putting blame on Ashley that is not his to bear. The trouble is, we do not know the facts. We’ve been fed a line from Lee Ryder and Alan Oliver that Cabaye refused to play. The club haven’t said that, Cabaye hasn’t said that so why are we to take it as fact?

I despise and detest journalists which is why I will never believe anything they write without scrutinising it first, if it doesn’t hold up to scrutiny in light of the facts, which this story does not, then I will not believe it.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Toon1978

Disgraceful attitude by Pardew, I don’t like people who rip into everything he does, but not showing courtesy to a fellow manager, even if they were in non-league football, is a sign of what sort of man he is.

• dubzy

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Lewis Holtby allowed to leave on loan….there you go joe on a plate 4 u

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Ruddy…of course we don’t know the full extend of it all, but going by Pardew’s interview – at least give him the benefit of a doubt – wouldn’t you say I looks as though Cabaye didn’t want to play?

• MrMojoRisin76

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Are we seriously questioning Pardew’s etiquette?,get a life ffs.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Wiz

The man is in it for the money and the money alone. Heard rumours that he was simply trying to flip the club for a profit when he first bought it, but the fact the club wasn’t in as healthy a shape as he thought it was prevented him from doing that.

His first mistake was buying the club, we needed a buyer as Shepherd was leading us into the mire and the only semi-decent thing he has done is helping the financial side of the club, but now that we’re in a better financial position now is the time to kick on, but his reluctance to do that is indicative of a man who is trying to recoup the money he put into the club so he can make a hasty exit, which is fine by me, so long as it doesn’t lead to another relegation.

Mike will be gone within 3 years in my opinion, and it will be a painful 3 years of mediocrity until he does.

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Reading on Twitter that Ba has ruled out a move to NUFC despite the imminent arrival of Eto.

• Wiz

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Toon Darn Sarf – I do hope you’re not under the impression that anything anyone writes on Ed’s blog is going to change anything, or that anyone really thinks it will. Rants do make the ranter feel better, and that is what a blog is for. It’s not going to change Mike Ashley’s modus operandi. Neither will the Fans’ Forum. Ashley selling up might make a difference, but we might get someone worse. Changing the rules might make a difference, but I don’t think Manchester United and Chelsea would allow themselves to be hemmed in by rules that level up the playing field, and in the end they can take their ball away. This of course is a symptom of the power of capital which you seem to favour. Even American sport is run in a more egalitarian fashion than European sport. Football might implode, but it won’t change. Not until it has to.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Mojo

Yes, don’t like it, don’t read it.

• dubzy

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I dont see y we dont raid spurs for sum of there players ..Lennon,defoe,dembele there all gunna find it hard getting in there team now

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Jesper

Pardew has only said that Cabaye wasn’t in the “right frame of mind” he never once said that Cabaye refused to play.

Also, since when can we believe what Pardew says? After all, he is the mouthpiece of the club.

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Well said 😉

• MrMojoRisin76

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Ruddy
    I will read and comment on whatever i like,stop nitpicking you girl,this isn’t cricket we are playing.It’s a working class game.

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM

dubzy

We should raid them for Sigurdson.

• MrMojoRisin76

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Toon 1978
    What do Ruddy’s underpants taste like?

1 2 3 7