The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Odds Of Cabaye Staying Improve – Arsenal Look To Alternatives

8:33 pm, Thursday, August 29th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 168 Comments

Arsenal have become interested in 22 year-old St. Etienne midfielder Josuha Guilavogui, and it could be the twice capped French international is an alternative to Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye, after Arsenal’s initial bid of £11M was turned down by Newcastle United a little short of two weeks ago.

yohan cabaye in newcastle blue

Yohan Cabaye – could be staying

There are reports in France that Arsenal will not be coming back with a further bid for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye, and that’s probably becasue they have been told to cough up £20M for the French International by Joe Kinnear, and Arsenal don’t usually overpay for their players.

So it’s not all that surprising that Arsenal may now be looking at alternatives to Cabaye.

Guilavogui is five years younger than Cabaye and can still improve, and he would cost at most half of what Newcastle are asking for their central midfielder.

The news in le10sport.com is that Arsenal have put in an initial bid of £8.5M for the 22 year-old St. Etienne midfielder.

Guilavogui has played 15 times for the French U21 side, and in June he made his full International debut, and  he usually plays as a defensive midfielder.

FOOTBALL : Lens vs Saint Etienne - Amical - 20/07/2012

Josuha Guilavogui of St. Etienne

And Alan Pardew was reported to be talking to Cabaye’s agents today, and it could be that Arsenal have already told Newcastle they will not be back in for Cabaye, and now we’ll have to see if PSG come in with a late bid before next Monday night.

But if Cabaye plays on Saturday against Fulham, that probably is an indication the odds of him  staying at Newcastle have improved.

Even though Cabaye has been unprofessional over the last couple of weeks we still hope  the Newcastle fans will support him on Saturday, and maybe he will learn from this experience.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target · Yohan Cabaye

168 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mark // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Watching Spurs, Defoe for £5m, anyone?

• 2 check the toastie // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

PARDEW OUT

• 3 Felipe // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM

PARDEW IN

• 4 check the toastie // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Posters giving Marv pelters for his Morecambe non show, tend to forget that most the game he watched the ball sail over his head, how many times do Eliot just loaf the ball to our non existent target man in the 1st half, it was embarrassing and Pardew should be ashamed of himself, he is killing our club.

Mike please sack this sicko.

Really looking forward to getting beat off Fulham at the weekend. Why I am going I will never know. I hate myself for it.

• 5 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

What Ashley is doing is Similar or exactly the same as running a Ponzi Scheme.

• 6 check the toastie // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Mark, Defoe is not over 6 foot so wouldn’t get a game unless there was an injury crisis……Not sure whether Defoe has ever been used as a target man……….

• 7 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Psg seems to be his only option now.

• 8 Felipe // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Which one is it? Similar or exactly the same?

• 9 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM

BandB

He’s an unhinged sociopath who has the nerve to call me a megalomaniac, when it is he who creates these figments of his imagination to undermine the few people who knows he couldn’t fool, but his arrogance extends to the belief that he fooled anyone in the first place.

Writing styles are like fingerprints, I remember privately discussing with another poster from here way over a year ago that I had these suspicions. Ian then went on to undo himself by posting a comment to himself (something he always does btw) but this time he incorrectly wrote the wrong name, so he posted a comment meant for Pushy to Ian, which brought the deck of cards tumbling down.

He did, however, maintain his innocence and stood by the story that he was a singular poster.

I took matters in my own hand and complained to Ed (yes I told on him, but the personal digs from a psychopath do begin to grate on you) and Ed confirmed that the posters Ian, Pushy, Carl and Ted Bundy were all the same account from the one IP address.

I refrained from posting that e-mail on the blog as it was a private correspondence from Ed, but in hindsight I should have to remove any doubt, but Ed had assured me that these accounts were blocked, as it would appear they have not been.

• 10 dubzy // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM

the man dont wanna be here so sell the twat after wa he done to us,go now for go money an buy Thauvin who is a much better player by far

• 11 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Ruddy you tout !

• 12 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Got a funny feeling that if we get know one in before window closes and if Cabaye is sold Pardew will resign.

Heres my hypothetical question for tonight.
    Would you rather have:-
    Cabaye to stay and that means Pardew stays?
    Or
    Cabaye is sold and Pardew resigns?

• 13 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Dubzy

Thauvin is a wide player, doesn’t play in Cabaye’s position, and how can you say he is a much better player than Cabaye when he only has one season of Ligue 1 football behind him and he’s only ever really played for Bastia.

You’re also aware that Thauvin is on strike at Lille because he wants a move to Marseilles, if he’s displaying that kind of arrogance at 20 years of age imagine what he’d be like if he actually ever got to Cabaye’s ability?

• 14 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Similar

• 15 Indian Magpie // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Good Night BTW

Laptop’s battery is dying and its late.

• 16 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Belfast

I know I know, should have just constantly argued with a deranged mad man, what was I thinking?

• 17 JaxtheMag // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM

arsenal have getting flamini back today on a free,maybe the best biz of the summer, he is better than cabaye.

• 18 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

You put your Pardew in,
    Your Pardew out,
    In, out, in out, Kinnear gans all about,
    You do the Fat Mike Ashley and you roll around,
    That’s what it’s all about!
    Sing!
    Ohhhh sell players for a profit!
    Ohhhh sell players for a profit!
    Ohhhh sell players for a profit!
    Purse strings tightened HA HA HA

Yeah, I have nothing better to do tonight.

• 19 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Ruddy,

I’m not going to gang-bang Ian, as that would rather undermine our point.
    When a one-liner of the type that Ted Bundy used earlier, the ones I characterize as “Ruddy is a pooface” type comments, they are pretty transparent.
    You pick up on him a lot, and it does you no good.
    If you think he has issues, why don’t you just chill.

• 20 JaxtheMag // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

now we cant sll cabaye we cant afford to bring any1 else in.

• 21 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Jax

Flamini has only played something like 24 games in the past 2 seasons, think we’d be being a bit premature to say he is better than Cabaye.

• 22 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

@Charlie: If it meant getting practically any manager other than Joe Kinnear, I’d sacrifice Cabaye.

• 23 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I hadn’t even noticed Ruddy. I thought Ian toon was actually spot on. Maybe it’s a different one lol

• 24 Felipe // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Ruddy can giveth but he can’t taketh.

• 25 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

BandB

It’s a personal thing that goes right back to the first time Ian ever talked to me. I don’t know whether he felt threatened or whatever the deal was, but he made a huge thing about me claiming or “pretending” to be intelligent, and he would be at pains to try and prove he was smarter than me, and it kills him every time I call him out for the pathetic panderer that he is.

I get into tit for tat exchanges on this blog from time to time but hold no ill will to any single person on this blog. That is, except for Ian, of course. I have a serious dislike for the type of person he is, how he feels the need to create personae not only to pat himself on the back but to try and undermine me, all because he knows, in his heart of hearts, that he’s just been beaten by the better man ;) haha

I know, it’s childish, but I love rubbing his stupid face in it. God I really do need to chill.

• 26 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I remember this actually.

• 27 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I would just get rid of him now tbh
    Think he’s made a pretty clear he wants to move on.
    That’s if he was actually on strike. You wouldn’t know what to believe. He looked like he was sulking most of last season in my opinion.

• 28 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Still very quiet on the transfer front. Read that NUFC can’t agree wages with Gomis, well there’s a surprise.

• 29 Felipe // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM

So what?

• 30 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Thump

I that’s the dilemma – that’s why asked the question –
    out of the frying pan into the fire!
    better the devil you know
    are two sayings that come to mind.

• 31 Rotonda heights // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Charlie

he won’t go on that contract

• 32 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

@Ruddy Ed probably banned the accounts for a while, I don’t think he would permanently ban them after all 1 poster or multiple poster he has the write to come on here like.

• 33 Mark // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

It doens’t feel like we’re in a transfer window… maybe the rules have changed for Newcastle and our window is later than everyone else’s….?

• 34 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

So what? What!!!

• 35 jazzyp // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Ruddy
    You…………..tit for tat, Never !!

• 36 Rotonda heights // Aug 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Thump

I’m amazed Ian still posts after that. He kind of blew any credibility he thought he had.

• 37 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

@kevymartins: I know somebody who was banned in 2008-ish and still is to this day. I’d call that a fairly permanent ban.

• 38 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Sell Cabaye and Pardew resign, easily.

I don’t know the ins and outs of the Cabaye thing so I’m not blaming him as such because it cover be a cover up from Ashley, who knows.

If he has said that he doesn’t want to play rather than Ashley pulling him out, then he should be on maximum fines and I don’t wish to see him play for us again. Is my views on it.

Like I said though, it’s hard to know what is going on behind the scenes with that.

• 39 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

So he creates all these different accounts, and then he talks to himself ? brilliant lol

• 40 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

@Rotonda: I don’t think I’ve seen him around tbh. If I have I haven’t paid much attention to the username (knowing me, I’ve probably had a chat with him hah).

• 41 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

@Thump Anyone I would remember?

To be fair it wouldn’t be right to ban someone just because they post on more than one account.

• 42 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Who creates another account and talks to himself lol? Split personality maybe. Maybe who it is debates with oneself :)

• 43 Rotonda heights // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM

What do people think keeping pardew will achieve

• 44 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Ruddy,

I think my first ever post was an ad hominum against you.
    And we’ve come to blows since.
    But handbags are boring, and I’m done with feuding.
    There’s not much for us all to rally behind at the mo. The whole situation is divisive. But it doesn’t have to be Lord of the Flies.

• 45 Toon1978 // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Ian.

• 46 dantoon85 // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Keeping Pardew will achieve the square root of fcuk all

• 47 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Rontndo
    Does that mean money comes before the team/club

• 48 dantoon85 // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I’d love to wake up one morning to the headlines that read PARDEW SACKED!!!!

• 49 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Did anyone ever see them chatting to each other?

Would be funny

Ian @Pushy ”well how was your day”

Pushy @Ian ”Aye not bad went down to the shop here and got myself a nice kitkat”

Ian @Pushy ”I SEE DEAD PEOPLE

• 50 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM

BandB

I once tried to have a sort of truce with Ian from time to time, so long as he didn’t reference me, talk to me, or in any way aim a barbed or spiteful comment my way (it was a very fragile truce) and I kept my side of the bargain, but Ian’s henchmen – the ones in his head anyway – came out in force to slate me every turnaround.

I’ll happily debate away with anyone, but Ian coming on today to post a comment I had written nearly 2 years ago to try and undermine me was really going a step too far. I mean, who the hell does that!?! I’m pretty sure many people have had serious changes in opinion with regards our club in the last few seasons given how up and down it has been.

• 51 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM

:lol:

This is what I mean about Ruddy and his megalomania, the guy has delusions of grandeur, like he has everything sussed out. If Ed’s told you I have the same IP as these Ian, Pushy etc characters, he’s flat out lying to you. I don’t believe he has done such, I just think it’s a further attempt to debase other bloggers, a speciality of yours. Convenient how you seemed to have deleted this email. As for football, you’re just a herd follower, that purports to be all about logic when in reality you just need to be cosy with the majority – a dweeby little git.

• 52 Ian Toon // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I have only ever posted under my own name on the blog. In my opinion it would not be in the right spirit for one individual to have
    more than one ID.

• 53 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Ian

0800 77 66 00

If you want to talk, you can call FRANK free,
    24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• 54 Tinman // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Miss him :(. Legend.

• 55 OhSholaAmeobi // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM

KINNEAR IN

Sorry, just i’d rather have Kinnear than Pardew.

• 56 lesh // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Now if Kinnear had been doing his job, he would have been in for Guilavogui. Buy him at say £10m, flog Cabaye for say £12m and we’d have bought a young prospect that wouldn’t have been an unhappy.bunny.

However and no surprises, Kinnear’s been as dynamic as a cow part!

• 57 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Ted

For someone relatively new to the blog you seem to claim to have a good handle on me as a poster.

Just like Ian and Pushy and Carl, you too were blocked from the blog, and it is very convenient that you have returned on the exact same day that Pushy has returned.

Ian

You’re lying, I know you’re lying, you know you’re lying, everyone else on the blog here knows you’re lying and it is getting incredibly embarrassing for you now.

Referencing two accounts of the one person, bit pointless haha

• 58 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Ruddy,

I wouldn’t like to have to back up statements I made two months ago, in REAL life!
    Two years is a reasonable amount of time, even for a complete volte face.
    So it was below the belt. Maybe he thought you mentioning a private conversation between Ed and yourself was a bit below the belt too?

• 59 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM

@kevymartins: 51times?

It wasn’t a one off thing with Ian Toon, though. He was specifically aiming to wind people up over multiple accounts. I think that’s the difference here. At least that’s what I’ve surmised.

• 60 Ian Toon // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I have personally communicated with Mr Ed Harrison over a number of weeks on frequent occasions whilst being away from the UK and since returning to Tyneside. I refute any suggestion of impropriety on the blog.

I will not respond further to any such allegations.
    HWTL.

• 61 Ian Toon // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Incidentally I have never been blocked from the blog merely choosing
    not to post too often because of the shenanigans of a paranoid blogger.
    Sorry to disrupt the football chat.
    Good night.

• 62 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

@Ian Toon what’s your view on Nufc in for Demba?

• 63 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Ted,

You needn’t worry to much about the thought police, as you accused Ed earlier. Have you been reading the papers?
    The very REAL police are taking an interest in online abuse.
    Stripping away an online alias (especially a one that smacks of emotional tone-deafness like your own) is a piece of piss, and a very easy cop, so I imagine they’ll be keen on it.

• 64 Thump // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM

@kevy: Could have sworn I’d posted to you. Ah well, 51times ring a bell?

• 65 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM

BandB

He’s an idiot, at least my blows are even handed, I don’t need to create a lackey account to do my dirty work for me.

• 66 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM

BandB

He also doesn’t like to have his choice of alias questioned, I brought up how emotionally insensitive his latest choice was and he responded with a fervent aggression, not unlike his namesake…

• 67 Munster Mag // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Ruddy, youre beginning to bore the shit of me mate, sorry. Its all a bit ” I’m superior to you ” etc. Its not important to the vast majority I’m sure. What we all want on the blog is smart debate, and not much else, bar a giggle.

Ian we’ve had some good debates on here in the past. Lets get back to that eh?

So, who thinks Makems are big and fat and gay ? :)

• 68 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

@Ruddy I’m not picking sides or anything but perhaps you are being a little paranoid.

• 69 scout // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I was furious about the cabaye situation but after watching the headless chickens run about the pitch last night. A 40% cabaye is better than that shower. Crack on pardew and get him picked

• 70 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Ruddy

It’s colloquially known as a ‘long-time reader’, Ruddy. You really need to get over this fictitious fixations of multi-posters, particularly one’s including me.

BandB

What exactly are you accusing me of?

• 71 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Munster

Not my intention to entertain you, never has and never will be. Have an awesome day :)

• 72 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Ruddy,

If, tonight, you could just deal with Ian (and not Felipe, Ted, Old Uncle Tom Cobblers and all, though) would you too not be interested his views on Demba Ba?
    Just to change the subject?

• 73 aidytoon9 // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

still no signings eh? Come on Ashley surprise us and spend a few quid.

• 74 Munster Mag // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Sadly, as I was driving today, I saw a fat Red and white striped blob running, or trying to run. I’m such a sad numpty that I nearly drove my car on the kerb, looking back to see if the fat awkward looking sod was wearing a Sunderland jersey. I was disappointed it belonged to some foreign team, not the Somalians. Silly me :)

• 75 jazzyp // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Kevymartins
    RE Ba-Desperate times call for desperate measures bud. Take away his dodgy knee, Demba will definitely do a job for us unlike his name sake at the moment !!

• 76 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

They both posted at the exact same time. So I don’t think Ian is Ted Bundy. Unless somebody else typed the message for him at the exact same time.

• 77 Yohan Kebab // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I might change my name to ‘dave’

just to make ruddy paranoid as w@nk

• 78 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

BandB

I’m leaving now anyway so it doesn’t really matter, but for what it’s worth, I have no interest in absolutely anything he has to say.

• 79 Patoon // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

This sat 4 the fulham game my team would b and would play a 442

————————Krul——————–
    Santon Yanga Mbiwa Colo Dummet
    ————Anita——–Sissoko————
    —-Cabaye——————-Ben Arfa—–
    —————Remy——Cisse————–

Subs
    Elliot
    Good
    Marveaux
    Gouffran
    Sammy
    Tiote
    Jonas

• 80 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

It’s not paranoia when it’s the truth folks.

Night all!

• 81 Munster Mag // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Just as well Ruddy, you’re not making much of a job of it. Did you say recently that you watched Gaelic football. Fair play. Football is beginning to sicken me. Roomey will get a pile of cash for staying at Man U after trying to leave. The more I look at our sick sport, the more I love Rugby and gaelic sports. I just wish a salary level cap could be put in place.

• 82 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

@Belfast I don’t think there the same, although it is possible to write up a comment on a laptop then an phone or something and hit post at the same time so you never know lol

• 83 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Ted,

If I posted under my real name, would you feel so safe in being quite sure that free speech protects your right to be so bloody obnoxious every time you post?

• 84 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Oh and now Ruddy, once again, is trying to demean me due to me choosing my real name as my alias. Brilliant.

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Ian Toon,
    I don’t mind reading some of your posts but it’s hard to believe a word you say these days, travelling Sardinia and America and discussing with your pals at away matches getting Jail for Ashley barred from the blog or even possibly taken to court for slander, I’m just reading Anthony Burgesses ” clockwork orange” and I think your gulliver has taken a melenky too many tolchocks.

• 86 Ian Toon // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Munster Mag- Thanks for that. I look forward to it my old mucker.
    Hopefully after Saturday and 3 points.

• 87 Munster Mag // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Anyone else wonder if we can add Mbiwa to the list of other (so far ) poor signings like Amalfitano, Santon ( cant defend ) and Debuchy ( slow , and i was criticised for saying it after 1 game, but proved correct, obviously ! ) . Maybe a bit harsh and he has pace, but thats only so much…Gotta say, Good looks like a real prospect.

• 88 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

BandB

Just reflecting back, mate :)

• 89 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Good point Kevy Haha

• 90 Munster Mag // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM

In fairness chaps, Ian Toon had some fair tactical points of view in the past, more than most of the tools on here who come up with madder formations as the weeks go by…..” I think we need to play 3-1-2-1-1-1-1 ” etc etc. “442 doesnt work” and more bollocks like that.

• 91 Munster Mag // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Did anyone enjoy my story re the fat Mackem? No ? Oh…

• 92 theartfuldodger // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM

How about this for a protest. After the game fans bring a sack and stuff pardew in it holding up a banner
    “Pardew sacked. Ashley yr next”

• 93 jokinoot // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Flaming resigned by arsenal on free cabaye staying

• 94 jazzyp // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM

If it came between a choice of Ba or Gomis-Ba wins hands down.

• 95 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I agree I would rather have Ba over Gomis.

Never held anything against Ba for leaving, seemed a good move for him at the time.

• 96 A monkey is better then Pardew // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM

How about a banner that simply has

[Image of a Black Rubbish Bag] + [Image of Pardew and JFK] = [Image of a group of Happy Geordies]

I’m pretty sure we will get into a wee bit of trouble if we physically stuffed Pardew in a Sack…

• 97 A monkey is better then Pardew // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Never been to Newcastle,

but is there perhaps a large billboard near St James Park? Perhaps ‘renting’ that billboard with a slogan along the lines of Pardew and JFK being sacked would do wonders.

• 98 Ian Toon // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Jail- I trust you were joking on me getting you banned. I have never complained to Ed about you or anyone else. I was taught as a kid to sort out my own issues, mate.

On the travelling working/ holidaying I better not tell you where I am likely to be working over the next 12-18 months because you won’t believe me.

Ed- can confirm from my posts- though why I am bothered whether you believe me or not as seriously I really don’t care.

I thought Clockwork Orange – the book was not as good as the film.
    I preferred William Burroughs to Burgess.

Your a cricket fan and I recommend Mike Atherton’s book ‘ Glorious Summers and. discontents- very apt. LOL.

• 99 valle // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I would take Gomis… That said, there are plenty of other strikers out there who I would take instead of either of them. Most of them would demand an ambitious bid though, so I guess they aint realistic targets.

• 100 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Would take Ba over Gomis anyday, He is premier league proven.

• 101 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Oh look, BandB and Ruddy have ceased posting at the same time….

• 102 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Ian, mate

I hope you keep posting, mate.
    You make sincere points sometimes, mate.
    And if you are useless at covering up your little tics, don’t worry, mate.

Ted

No offense intended, mate.

• 103 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I get the impression that Gomis only wants to go to Marseille, but is happy to use us to get his move to Marseille. If you know what I mean lol

• 104 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

BandB

*slow clap*

• 105 saxonfenken // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Ruddy
    Why don’t you do the decent thing and just clear off
    you have been sussed

• 106 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Ted Bundy
    No offence but all of you don’t today is
    A) b*tch about Ed
    B) b*tch about other posters

So how trying
    C) talking football
    Or
    D) f****g off if all you want to do us have a who is bigger contest because its fookin boring reading all this one upmanship bollox

• 107 leazes upper ( moved to the gallowgate ) // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

@ 95 theres 4 opposite the gallowgate end. Would be a canny idea but doubt ashley would care

• 108 jazzyp // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Belfast
    Must be something in the air with all the players we are linked with as thaurvin wants Marseille over Nufc as well. Cant blame them really at the moment for what we stand for as a club and brand.

• 109 lesh // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Seems to be a lot of hair pulling, scratching and handbags tonight.
    Take it easy, life’s too short.

• 110 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Sorry

, mate

• 111 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM

@Belfast I think we our just a stepping stone for most players we sign including Ba lol People saying there is a lot of big teams in for Ba but imo I couldn’t see it he hasn’t really done anything for Chelsea and who is willing to pay big money and wages for a 28 year old with a dogey knee.

• 112 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Thanks, mate, keep it up and you’d fit in here in Oz. Now any other specious arguments you’d like to instigate, Ruddy….. I mean, BandB?

• 113 Belfast // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Think it’s only us and West Ham kevy

But West Ham need to sell players first.

• 114 kt97toonarmy // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Well a question all of you ask. Is cabaye staying? Is cabaye going? Is kinnear a clueless idiot? I may have none of the answers but what I do have is my team for Saturday

—————-krul————-
    Debuchy—mbiwa–colo–dummett

————–cabaye—-sissoko——
    Ben arfa Marv
    Remy Cisse

• 115 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Ted, mate

Me and Ruddy. Did you see us doing that Gollum thing earlier, mate?
    Goodnight, my Precious.

• 116 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM

saxonfenken

Ruddy is the most odious, slithering persona I’ve encountered, in any walk of life. Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could chuck a mattress up a spiral staircase.

• 117 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Sweeping character references based on a blog? Now I’ve only done that to one person, seems like he’s doing it back to me ;)

• 118 bills-son // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Munster,

Your Mackem story was nearly as funny as Ruddy’s rantings. But not quite.

You are right about the poor signings.

• 119 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Ted Bundy
    No offence but all you have done on here is
    A) b*tch about Ed
    B) b*tch about posters

So why not try
    C) talking about football

Or
    D) fcuking off, because all this pointless I’m not him, he’s really her blah blah blah brinksmanship sh*te is boring as hell

• 120 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Hmm
    Missed this the other day

• 121 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Disclaimer: This is just a blog, my comments are clearly an elongated extension of how I would conduct myself in a real life debate. I hope you all know that I am actually a polite, sincere and courteous person in real life and this blog is nothing more than a vehicle to let off some steam for a good old yarn and a pointless argument.

In real life I welcome all manner of opposing views and would enter into a very well mannered and healthy debate. It is important to note that the people whom I love, and whom love me back think I am neither slithering nor odious, in fact they think I’m pretty awesome.

I seriously doubt anyone would call me that to my face, you’d need to be an utter b*****d to do that really ;)

• 122 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Ruddy, dont forget to check theres no one hiding in your wardrobe. Woo hoo. Great stuff ian.

It seems i may soon be proved right in my view that cabaye is not worth anything like 20 million and no one would be stupid enough to pay it. Cant believe so many people were talking about it realistically.

• 123 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM

tads

You mean garble some clap-trap about how MA has killed the club and appointed JFK to ferry it to the Underworld, like Hermes? Nah thanks, I’ll leave that to you shrewish, prosaic lot.

• 124 9 // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Indian@5
    (Sorry to be so slow to read your post)
    Ponzi scheme analogy is the stupidest comment I’ve ever read. What Ponzi scheme starts off by posting £280m+, or £230m+, or whatever, upfront? Do you actually understand how a Ponzi scheme works? Please refrain from using terms you clearly can’t have a clue about.

All the Best,
    HWTL

• 125 Felipe // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Ruddy, you come across as an arrogant bully on the blog. No idea whether you are like that in real life.

• 126 thai-mag // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:32 PM

cabaye has got to go, whats the point of having a player that gives nothing in every game, get rid off

• 127 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

ruddy i bet in real life you wear that disclaimer on a t shirt. Seriously, seeing your recent posts, im a bit worried that ive been laughing at you too much and you actually need help. Stop laughing at ruddy everyone. It all stops now.

• 128 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I noticed someone had wrote that on Twitter, earlier. I’ve seen Indian on more than one occasion write something word-for-word I’d seen on there, earlier in the day, particularly recently He’s just trying to fit in and gain some kudos, bless him.

• 129 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

The term ‘Why always me” Should be changed to ”Why always ruddy”

• 130 Sir Braveheart // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Im sorry, I thought this was a football blog. I didnt realise this was a kindergarten.

I’ll take my football related comments elsewhere then shall I?

• 131 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Blackley and Brownlie, Saxonfenton. and Felipe not to mention the entirely unrelated Ted |Bundy , have apparently all decided that Ian has again wiped the floor with everyone.

Does no-one else ever get a trifle cynical about this?

It takes up half the blog when he’s in the mood.

Even Ibizatoon must be jealous of Ian’s brilliant ability to take the temperature of the blog.

• 132 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Sir Braveheart
    Couldn’t agree more

I take it the footballing chat has reached dangerously low levels

• 133 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    That an interesting look on Tiotes affect on our squad, can’t say I’ve noticed it before tbh (though am no tactician tbf) could be something to it but surely as we were getting drummed by City it was backs to the walls for everyone not just our destroyer

• 134 Beattie25 // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Ed Harrison

Please sort out your blog.

Once again this weirdo ruins it for everyone else, the one with schizophrenia.

Blackley
    Sir Braveheart
    Felipe

• 135 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Sir Braveheart
    Aye apparantly so

Ted Bundy
    So I’ll take that as option D then
    Since when did someone saying talk football on a football blog mean talk only about MA?

• 136 SuperShearer // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM

GFN_France saying that Gomis has agreed to drop his wages in order to join us. But the sell on fee between Newcastle and Lyon is still not sorted.

• 137 kevymartins // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Why the hell am I getting mutv ads on a nufcblog?

• 138 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM

WWSBRD
    Thought it was a decent read mate, have to say fully got were he was coming from in regards to tiote playing the ball out from the back and putting the defence under pressure, the lad has been doing that since last season!
    He’s great to have when we don’t have possession but is a nightmare to have when building from the back

• 139 solano // Aug 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Bills….are you about to have a ‘Road to Damascus’ moment on all things Ashley, or are you going to defer until the end of January?

• 140 JackButler // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM

By all accounts Ashley is now making Pardew wear our sponsors logo on his match day clothing and this pic was leaked after he was forced into a modelling shoot

• 141 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    It am interesting opinion not going to lie and I get what he means but a little harsh to lay the city disaster at his feet. He was average which is better than he has been of late really needs to pull his finger out this season though

• 142 wynsleap // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:08 PM

IF Cabaye has been on strike (allegedly) he should never play for the first team again.
    As far as I’m concerned he has been a vastly overrated performer from day one and his greatest achievement whilst being here seems to be of attracting some French players to the cause.
    To be fair I don’t think he’s worth anywhere near £20mill
    but if someone like PSG comes in with that kind of offer it is a no brainer.
    Whether that fee would be used to purchase new players is another matter as I think we all know where that money would be heading.
    Would like us to resign Ba but permanently although I think that would mean the end of Cisse especially if we managed to snare Gomis too.
    Pretty sure we are all going to be sitting here seething on Tuesday morning about the lack of ANY purchases after Ashley has once again demonstrated his undying love and professional ambition for our club.

• 143 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM

What do you’s think the reception is going to be like for Cabaye on Saturday then?

It’s a strange one this, what a carry on.

• 144 jeff // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Ted Bundy

love your posts, really insightful. hope you stick around

• 145 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:10 PM

WW…,
    Are you going to the game on Saturday ?

• 146 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Jeff, you are sick in all of your heads !

• 147 JackButler // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 4m
    More clarity shortly on the latest Bafetimbi Gomis developments on our website. #GFFN #NUFC #OL

• 148 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Good night, folks and fruit loops alike. Full swing into my day now. When I depart, I mean I’m outta here, too, unlike the serpentine one.

• 149 Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Cheers, Jeff. Will be.

• 150 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM

JfA
    I am thankfully working mate. Wouldn’t go if I was free either though if am honest this far my only plan is the Harper match, what about u my friend?

• 151 hugotoon // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Hahaa this comment stream is hilariously bitchy

• 152 MrMojoRisin76 // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Ruddy
    Here’s a song for you.
    All in good japes.

• 153 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Shay Given close to Liverpool move.. Canny move for wor Shay that like.

• 154 BandB // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Jail,

Are you?
    I understand the heroin rush. I once protested against Zola Budd running at Gateshead. Then I sneaked in to watch her.
    She was crap and got beat.
    Afterwards, and since then, I have loathed myself for breaking my promises. For a loser :)
    We are complicated folks. I wouldn’t blame ya.

• 155 jeff // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM

145Ted Bundy // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM

HAHAHHA

• 156 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Ahh, is it one of those weird nights on here again haha.

I’ll be back in a bit.

• 157 MrMojoRisin76 // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Jeff
    That wasn’t that funny tbh,yours and Ted’s sense of humour must be synched.

• 158 Rake // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:27 PM

The bickering on this blog is beyond a joke. I used to enjoy reading good reasoned debates and a few people giving some information on things they had heard regarding the club. The ITK’s have been pushed away and all that’s left is mess.

• 159 Quasimodo's tailor // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM

One or two egotistical posters have taken a mauling. They need to grow a pair and stop hoying tha rattles oot tha prams.

• 160 Yohan Kebab // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:35 PM

i know this is a bit fishy but if the 5% sell on clause is a problem can lyon not let us sign gomis for a measley figure, and we give them the rest in a backhand payment?

• 161 aidytoon9 // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Tick tock goes the transfer clock!
    4 more days to go and still only one in.
    Hoping to wake up in the morning to read that Ince, Hernandez, ba and another right back are on their way for medicals! Lol.

• 162 MrMojoRisin76 // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Sell on clause?,he’s 28,if we sign him on a 3 yr contract he’ll be 31,he’s not exactly going to be commanding a massive transfer fee at that age.Where is this from?

• 163 SeanNufc87 // Aug 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Lol this is getting ridiculous now.

I dont find ruddy a bully, just a bit holier than thou from time to time. In general he adds more to this blog than most in debate and genuine conversion, compared to countless posters with nothing but constantly dishing out hate for this player or that player.

Ted, you have started a hate campaign against a username on a blog, why go to so much effort?

Wouldn’t it be fantastic if it turned out ruddy, bundy, jeff, ian toon and any other claimed multi poster turned out to be the same bloke arguing with himself in a darkened room on multiple computers?

• 164 MacToon // Aug 30, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Ha ha, one of the funniest threads I’ve read in a long time.

• 165 AusMagpie // Aug 30, 2013 at 3:54 AM

—————- Krul —————-
    —– Taylor – Colo – Mbiwa —–
    Debuchy —————— Santon
    ——– Sissoko – Cabaye ——–
    ————- Ben Arfa ————-
    ——- Cisse ———- Remy —–

Imagine that team with an attack-minded manager… Mouth watering.

• 166 shamsoftabriz // Aug 30, 2013 at 5:18 AM

Sell his pouting ass to anyone who will spend more than 10M. We don’t need stuck up holier-than-thou emotionally frail suck-ups like Cabaye.

• 167 Sir Braveheart // Aug 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Just to clarify for anyone thinking Im someone else, I think all of you that are bickering are childish And you’re spoiling this blog.

That would include my supposed other personalities.

Im expecting Gomis before the end of the window but not Ba. Doubt he’d come back he’d rather fight for a place under Mourihno. Wouldnt you?

• 168 lochinvar // Aug 30, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Why not bid £10million got Guilavogui – it’s the same as poking Wenger in the eye. Ok Arsenal might have 6 games to play in the Champions League but after that they could be London’s third rate club after Chelsea and Spurs and not finish in the top 6 of the Prem. Not saying we will but one can but hope.

previous post: Cabaye Expected To Play On Saturday – Pardew Exerts Pressure