Odds Of Cabaye Staying Improve – Arsenal Look To Alternatives

Arsenal have become interested in 22 year-old St. Etienne midfielder Josuha Guilavogui, and it could be the twice capped French international is an alternative to Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye, after Arsenal’s initial bid of £11M was turned down by Newcastle United a little short of two weeks ago.

yohan cabaye in newcastle blue

Yohan Cabaye – could be staying

There are reports in France that Arsenal will not be coming back with a further bid for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye, and that’s probably becasue they have been told to cough up £20M for the French International by Joe Kinnear, and Arsenal don’t usually overpay for their players.

So it’s not all that surprising that Arsenal may now be looking at alternatives to Cabaye.

Guilavogui is five years younger than Cabaye and can still improve, and he would cost at most half of what Newcastle are asking for their central midfielder.

The news in le10sport.com is that Arsenal have put in an initial bid of £8.5M for the 22 year-old St. Etienne midfielder.

Guilavogui has played 15 times for the French U21 side, and in June he made his full International debut, and  he usually plays as a defensive midfielder.

FOOTBALL : Lens vs Saint Etienne - Amical - 20/07/2012

Josuha Guilavogui of St. Etienne

And Alan Pardew was reported to be talking to Cabaye’s agents today, and it could be that Arsenal have already told Newcastle they will not be back in for Cabaye, and now we’ll have to see if PSG come in with a late bid before next Monday night.

But if Cabaye plays on Saturday against Fulham, that probably is an indication the odds of him  staying at Newcastle have improved.

Even though Cabaye has been unprofessional over the last couple of weeks we still hope  the Newcastle fans will support him on Saturday, and maybe he will learn from this experience.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Mark

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Watching Spurs, Defoe for £5m, anyone?

• check the toastie

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

PARDEW OUT

• Felipe

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM

PARDEW IN

• check the toastie

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Posters giving Marv pelters for his Morecambe non show, tend to forget that most the game he watched the ball sail over his head, how many times do Eliot just loaf the ball to our non existent target man in the 1st half, it was embarrassing and Pardew should be ashamed of himself, he is killing our club.

Mike please sack this sicko.

Really looking forward to getting beat off Fulham at the weekend. Why I am going I will never know. I hate myself for it.

• Indian Magpie

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

What Ashley is doing is Similar or exactly the same as running a Ponzi Scheme.

• check the toastie

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Mark, Defoe is not over 6 foot so wouldn’t get a game unless there was an injury crisis……Not sure whether Defoe has ever been used as a target man……….

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Psg seems to be his only option now.

• Felipe

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Which one is it? Similar or exactly the same?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM

BandB

He’s an unhinged sociopath who has the nerve to call me a megalomaniac, when it is he who creates these figments of his imagination to undermine the few people who knows he couldn’t fool, but his arrogance extends to the belief that he fooled anyone in the first place.

Writing styles are like fingerprints, I remember privately discussing with another poster from here way over a year ago that I had these suspicions. Ian then went on to undo himself by posting a comment to himself (something he always does btw) but this time he incorrectly wrote the wrong name, so he posted a comment meant for Pushy to Ian, which brought the deck of cards tumbling down.

He did, however, maintain his innocence and stood by the story that he was a singular poster.

I took matters in my own hand and complained to Ed (yes I told on him, but the personal digs from a psychopath do begin to grate on you) and Ed confirmed that the posters Ian, Pushy, Carl and Ted Bundy were all the same account from the one IP address.

I refrained from posting that e-mail on the blog as it was a private correspondence from Ed, but in hindsight I should have to remove any doubt, but Ed had assured me that these accounts were blocked, as it would appear they have not been.

• dubzy

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM

the man dont wanna be here so sell the twat after wa he done to us,go now for go money an buy Thauvin who is a much better player by far

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Ruddy you tout !

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Got a funny feeling that if we get know one in before window closes and if Cabaye is sold Pardew will resign.

Heres my hypothetical question for tonight.
    Would you rather have:-
    Cabaye to stay and that means Pardew stays?
    Or
    Cabaye is sold and Pardew resigns?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Dubzy

Thauvin is a wide player, doesn’t play in Cabaye’s position, and how can you say he is a much better player than Cabaye when he only has one season of Ligue 1 football behind him and he’s only ever really played for Bastia.

You’re also aware that Thauvin is on strike at Lille because he wants a move to Marseilles, if he’s displaying that kind of arrogance at 20 years of age imagine what he’d be like if he actually ever got to Cabaye’s ability?

• Indian Magpie

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Similar

• Indian Magpie

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Good Night BTW

Laptop’s battery is dying and its late.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Belfast

I know I know, should have just constantly argued with a deranged mad man, what was I thinking?

• JaxtheMag

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM

arsenal have getting flamini back today on a free,maybe the best biz of the summer, he is better than cabaye.

• Thump

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

You put your Pardew in,
    Your Pardew out,
    In, out, in out, Kinnear gans all about,
    You do the Fat Mike Ashley and you roll around,
    That’s what it’s all about!
    Sing!
    Ohhhh sell players for a profit!
    Ohhhh sell players for a profit!
    Ohhhh sell players for a profit!
    Purse strings tightened HA HA HA

Yeah, I have nothing better to do tonight.

• BandB

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Ruddy,

I’m not going to gang-bang Ian, as that would rather undermine our point.
    When a one-liner of the type that Ted Bundy used earlier, the ones I characterize as “Ruddy is a pooface” type comments, they are pretty transparent.
    You pick up on him a lot, and it does you no good.
    If you think he has issues, why don’t you just chill.

• JaxtheMag

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

now we cant sll cabaye we cant afford to bring any1 else in.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Jax

Flamini has only played something like 24 games in the past 2 seasons, think we’d be being a bit premature to say he is better than Cabaye.

• Thump

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

@Charlie: If it meant getting practically any manager other than Joe Kinnear, I’d sacrifice Cabaye.

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I hadn’t even noticed Ruddy. I thought Ian toon was actually spot on. Maybe it’s a different one lol

• Felipe

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Ruddy can giveth but he can’t taketh.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

BandB

It’s a personal thing that goes right back to the first time Ian ever talked to me. I don’t know whether he felt threatened or whatever the deal was, but he made a huge thing about me claiming or “pretending” to be intelligent, and he would be at pains to try and prove he was smarter than me, and it kills him every time I call him out for the pathetic panderer that he is.

I get into tit for tat exchanges on this blog from time to time but hold no ill will to any single person on this blog. That is, except for Ian, of course. I have a serious dislike for the type of person he is, how he feels the need to create personae not only to pat himself on the back but to try and undermine me, all because he knows, in his heart of hearts, that he’s just been beaten by the better man 😉 haha

I know, it’s childish, but I love rubbing his stupid face in it. God I really do need to chill.

• Thump

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I remember this actually.

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I would just get rid of him now tbh
    Think he’s made a pretty clear he wants to move on.
    That’s if he was actually on strike. You wouldn’t know what to believe. He looked like he was sulking most of last season in my opinion.

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Still very quiet on the transfer front. Read that NUFC can’t agree wages with Gomis, well there’s a surprise.

• Felipe

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM

So what?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Thump

I that’s the dilemma – that’s why asked the question –
    out of the frying pan into the fire!
    better the devil you know
    are two sayings that come to mind.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Charlie

he won’t go on that contract

• kevymartins

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

@Ruddy Ed probably banned the accounts for a while, I don’t think he would permanently ban them after all 1 poster or multiple poster he has the write to come on here like.

• Mark

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

It doens’t feel like we’re in a transfer window… maybe the rules have changed for Newcastle and our window is later than everyone else’s….?

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

So what? What!!!

• jazzyp

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Ruddy
    You…………..tit for tat, Never !!

• Rotonda heights

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Thump

I’m amazed Ian still posts after that. He kind of blew any credibility he thought he had.

• Thump

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

@kevymartins: I know somebody who was banned in 2008-ish and still is to this day. I’d call that a fairly permanent ban.

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Sell Cabaye and Pardew resign, easily.

I don’t know the ins and outs of the Cabaye thing so I’m not blaming him as such because it cover be a cover up from Ashley, who knows.

If he has said that he doesn’t want to play rather than Ashley pulling him out, then he should be on maximum fines and I don’t wish to see him play for us again. Is my views on it.

Like I said though, it’s hard to know what is going on behind the scenes with that.

• Belfast

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

So he creates all these different accounts, and then he talks to himself ? brilliant lol

• Thump

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

@Rotonda: I don’t think I’ve seen him around tbh. If I have I haven’t paid much attention to the username (knowing me, I’ve probably had a chat with him hah).

1 2 3 5