What Is A Club In Any Case- Video

Here is a fantastic video entitled – What is a club in any case – it’s inspiring and what we all need at the moment.

[youtube id=”LTWCesRcFqc” mode=”normal” align=”left”]

“What is a club in any case?” “Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.”  It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes.”

“It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.”  “It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Sir Bobby Robson.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• G

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Truly inspirational indeed. The current regime would do well to heed those words.

• Toon1978

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

ED…..AWESOME, AWESOME,AWESOME video mate. Best i have ever seen as far as the Toon are concerned!

• JackButler

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Hearing the words of Sir Bobby just make the current situation even more unbearable as the club right now is the polar opposite of what he was talking about as it is alienating us the fans instead of drawing us together

• toon22

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Inspirational

We should start a petition to get those words painted on the home changing room wall.

Its a shame we cant move his statue inside the ground.

Imo our problems are the style of football,the crowd expects.if you look at the managers who have struggled it was they didnt play the style we all love.

• funguswatty

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM

should make all true fans hair on the back of their neck stand on end true passion

• toon22

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM

If AP is going to turn it around he needs to get some strikers on board and kick the whole team up the arse.
    I dont think they actually understand how the crowd think tbh

• toon22

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Maybe we should name a stand after him,if so which one?

• JackButler

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

toon22

We should have had a ‘Sir Bobby Robson Stand’ a long time ago as the man was not only loved by us, but by all football fans across europe

• usmagpie

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Hey Ed,

Could you send this to Newcastle United addressed to Alan Pardew, get him to show this before every game and if this does not get the team going then nothing ever will. After watching this I want to jump on a plane for the game this weekend and get to St James.

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Brilliant video. The best I’ve seen of NUFC.

• lesh

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:38 AM

toon22

Toon, I’m sure Pardew would be delighted to see a player or two ‘over the line’ in the next few days.

Come to think of it, wouldn’t we all!

• Sydney Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:44 AM

May you continue to Rest in Peace Sir Bobby, you are sorely missed!

usmagpie
    Best idea I have seen on this blog in a while, that and sending Haidara a get well card organised by Transfer Sage!

• jimmysmith

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Getting close to D Day where we finally find out whether Ash and his cohorts are the masters of brinkmanship we secretly hope they are or the full blown Duds we suspect they are.

• BDin9

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM

We were in safe hands with SBR. I saw him regularly.in the village where I live and drive pass him on the way to work. Time’s have passed lads and we have what we have. Class and legends are written into history. Never be forgotten, not by me.

• CisseSomething

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Howay the f****n lads!!

• HAZZY1

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Hi peps all this lack of transfer activity is wearing us all down but I noticed alot of talk from west ham fans kicking off at sam for checking out shola move may happen if vaz te gets sold so expect 2 strikers and a flair player to be signed before the window shuts ive heard we may have been offered the chance to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson on loan with a perm move at the end of the season for £9m not sure how true this info is but id love it to be true also Lewis Holtby was offered but they changed there minds after his performance tonight that was just a loan until jan no perm move they rate him very high as they should.

• Timmy87

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:40 AM

This is the thing that has been missing at sjp the noise bring back the days of every game being a European night.

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Long live Sir Bobby.

• HAZZY1

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Only thing holding the move for gomis is the sell on fee due to st ettiene, Lyon are not willing to pay the full amount not sure how much is due but its being said its a 200K-1M the other striker will not be Ba he wants europe I for 1 hope we buy Defoe he offers pace and goals and will cost 5M we can maybe do a double deal with Defoe and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

• Sydney Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:23 AM

So Gomis or Ba are our final striking options? Make sense, both reasonably similar in playing styles. I personally think a loan for Ba would make sense to my theory that Ashley has decided to keep the budget tight for one more season, get Remy and Ba on loan for a season and look to use the TV money and profits next season. Or lining his pockets for a sale, either way, I think we can expect Ba in and possible a winger/CAM for around 7-9m and nothing to spend in January unless a loan signing can be sought. Apparently Sigurdson is available from Spurs on loan, go for him, he is that link we need in the CAM, taking pressure of Hatem and we can put Remy at LW, Ba upfront and Cisse and Gouff on the bench. Wishful thinking it may seem, but sometimes you need a positive look on things to maybe piece the puzzle together, or I’m deluded by the warm Aussie sun!

• jimmysmith

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:45 AM

If Ba returned, then Cisse would surely have to go for the good of his own career. Ba was excellent on the pitch, but what a circus off it and how on earth does Cisse deserve to be the fall guy. Ba and Gomis in, and Cisse out or in a rotation seems the only way it could work. All things considered bit of a long bow, to say the least.

• Sydney Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:28 AM

jimmy
    How are you mate??
    I think Pards wants to go back to 442 or use Remy or Ba on the LW, I don’t think they will rid of Cisse, his sell on value has dropped I would think, we paid out 9m I believe, so perhaps he would need another stellar season to get 13-15m out of him. Perhaps we were waiting to see what Spurs and others would do first before we pounced, high risk strategy though. I think we will pull out of the Gomis deal if Ba comes on Loan.

• indian

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Brought a tear to my eye! I wish we could do something for the club, I guess one of my ambitions might be to make enough money to buy the club, hopefully I will

• p

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:29 AM

I think it will be gomis and that young african winger that come in.

Maybe someone if cabaye goes, thauvin would be nice but can’t see it

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Morning lads?

…so is it on Sunday the transfer window slams shut? Would be surprised if our transfer activity is not over 🙂

• ROSHAN MAGPIE

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:55 AM

I don’t like these loan deals I mean what are we HULL CITY OR TIGERS or whatever they are called these days we are one of the big clubs in world football we must buy players and loan our youngsters to other clubs not the other way around

• jeff

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Morning has broken like the first morning.Blackbirds have spoken like the broken morrrrrrrrrning.

• Sydney Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Roshan
    The loan deals of Remy and possibly Ba are good business sense, would rather hold onto whatever cash we have budgeted and add it to next season with the TV money we get at the end of the season if that is the possibility. I mean I would rather spend 2m on a loan for Remy and a small fee and loan for Ba then burning 8m on Gomis who will be gone in 2 seasons. Even clubs like Inter, Milan, Arsenal and Man City have done loan deals in the past. Sometimes quality players can be sourced via loan rather than the outlay of a fee. Plus generally, most loan deals involve us only paying 50-80% of their wages or avoiding their bonus clauses. Obviously with the poor season we had and the prize money LOST, our budget is very tight.

• Sydney Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:20 AM

P
    I think we will get Ba instead if he becomes available. Ayew I believe is the other player we will get, obviously Thauvin is being lined up by Marseille as Ayew’s replacement.

• jimmysmith

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I’m ok ST, just looking forward to the end of this damnable transfer window, so I can either feel vindicated in my suspicions that we’re being led a merry dance by a mischievous ownership and atleast have a modicum of peace of mind. Or, God forbid, somehow, by hook or by crook, they manage to get a couple in, so I can actually start feeling a little positive, even happy, if only in a misguided way, about my beloved Toon.

• manni

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:36 AM

If we had a foreign manager i bet he would get the best out of our team we already have. Better tactics, better movement…etc especially our movement in the final 3rd. No one runs the channels , runs into space when ben arfa has the ball. They just stand and stare at him, need to close down the opposition quicker..play it simple use the width and actually cross the ball into the box ,cuz lets face it cisse isnt gona dribble past 3players. I just hope we have a owner and manager that shows ambition

• Sydney Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM

jimmy
    You and every toon supporter mate are feeling the same way haha, I gotta stay positive then if the window gets worse, my old buddy Jack Daniels will be coming around a lot!

• p

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:40 AM

The whole ba thing is a can of worms though. things did not work out with cisse for whatever reason (though clearly most people would give their right arm to have ba on the pitch with cisse).

Also he’sgreedy so chelsea would have to pay some of his wages

• SeanNufc87

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Feel sorry for our American and Australian compatriots, I dont get to all the games but I imagine its a lot harder for you and the others around the world sat thinking damn I wish I was there. Although it was probably I little easier last season lol.

• valle

Aug 30, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I agree with P… Ba is on high wages now, and he wont give them up to play being greedy as he is, so this is a non starter.

• Toon_Tom

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Ba is only on £60K pw

• Sydney Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM

SeanNUFC
    I appreciate the sentiment, I have never been to St James or seen them play in real like, but I have never missed a televised game down here. I even put myself through the horror games from last season, in some twisted hope we would come back from 6-0 down with 10mins to play!!
    It is certainly in my plans to get to Newcastle next year, and watch a number of games.

• Sydney Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:15 AM

P
    I wouldn’t have Ba lined up with Cisse unless we went back to 433, but there is not much quality strikers available in our means, plus getting Ba back gives us that 15-20 goalscorer we desperately need. He would start with Remy for sure. Even with 60k on wages we save money on the transfer fee, leaving upfront cash for Ayew or Ince.

• ONLINE GUY

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM

This from our beloved ED

If a blog writer can get up at 3:00 am every morning to write these articles, then Joe Kinnear can work around the clock on something that is so much more important for Newcastle United.

ED you are truly dedicated , and considering what you have been through I know I can thank you from everyone on this website for that dedication, and devotion, to all things Newcastle United…

Oh ..and good morning..early start here I’m back on the road with my old Guitars.

I hope we win something soon Ed ..I live in hope , we all do, just like you Sir.