Poll – Should Newcastle Fans Support Yohan Cabaye Tomorrow?

We are trying to gauge the mood of the Newcastle fans on the Yohan Cabaye situation, so please tell us what you think.

yohan cabaye black and shite halves

Yohan Cabaye – will fans support him?

Should Newcastle Fans Support Yohan Cabaye Tomorrow?

Loading ... Loading ...

We all make mistakes in life, that’s one way we can learn, and we hope that Yohan Cabaye will learn from the mistake he has made over the last two weeks – and maybe he can hit a late winner tomorrow afternoon?

That would help – or maybe Alan Pardew should take Yohan out on the field before the game and give him a few light slaps across the face – and then hug him – that may work too. :D.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Tommyy

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Spotlight Kid on previous thread – That cracked me up! Bravo sir, bravo. I genuinely believe that could become a recognised syndrome! Great stuff.

• croftus5678

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM

my support depends if he did refuse to play or not !

if he did he let everyone with the club down inc the fans which proved he couldnt care less about us !
    so i wouldnt support him even though he is our best midfielder !!!!

if he didnt refuse and i really do hope he didnt then he will get my full support.

• stockport_toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I used to be excited growing up waiting for Saturdays match, the flair and passion shown by the players, the attack attack attack mentality of keegans side. What have we got to look forward to now except hoof ball and mercenary players. Gutting really to see we’ve turned into a club with no ambition. I feel the passion draining from me as I type!

• MacToon

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Yes if he plays.

• gar69

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM

If cabaye starts for Newcastle on Saturday we must support him. We need to win against Fulham. The way the club is at this present time who would blame our top players wanting to leave. Okayhe has been badly advised by refusing to play and force a move but whils he is at the club and more importantly on the field we must show support.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM

If he plays and puts effort in then would get my support during the match entirely.

The whole situation is not clear, nothing is with our club. I doubt we will ever know the exact truth so when he is on the pitch, if the effort is there, then thats good enough.

• A monkey is better then Pardew

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Honestly, I’m finding it hard to support Newcastle as a whole at the moment.

There is so much wrong at the club right now. Endured last season’s woes in hopes that it would get better this season… but with the appointment of JFK, the air around the club has become even more horrid that its suffocating.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

If he’s playing for us, he should get our support.

There are other ways to let players know how you feel, without disrupting the whole team, a team already lacking in any form of confidence.

I get peoples issue with Cabaye, or for many their issue with Cabaye IF what we’re told is true, however, are we seriously saying we want him to play reserves until the next window opens?

I do however think their is a strong case to be made about him not getting an automatic starting spot.

As always, it comes down to what is the actual truth. I guess that might become clear…oh wait, this is Newcastle United.

• Bambams

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Repost..Ed too quick.

Could be just putting him back in the shop window with his already world class tag……I would not be surprised to see him walk onto the pitch with one of those lime green sports direct 70% off tags hanging from his shirt.Until Ashley either leaves or he actually spends some of HIS money on some desperately needed players we are going to struggle.Before people bite my head off that we are financially stable because he poured millions in….. That was a long time ago and we have no idea how much he has already recouped.We all know he only spends transfer generated money and he wants to sell Cabaye for mega bucks then haggle for £25.00 off any target’s.SBR would be devaststed…..
    Imo

• NUFCarter

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Well he better gives his heart and soul for NUFC when he plays tomorrow. I want to see him play his best game in a toon shirt.

• Jimmy Toon

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM

As we don’t know whether or not he refused to play, I think it would be daft to boo him. Ultimately, this will damage the team morale and that’s the last thing we want as it seems to be balancing on a knife edge as it is.

Get behind Cabaye, get behind the team and hopefully we can get a win.

• Quasimodo's tailor

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM

It’s been well documented that Cabaye had mental health problems last season. I think that was evident when he was playing. How many times did we see him flying into tackles (a la Tiote) which he didn’t need to make? The conspiracy theory that the club stopped him from playing once Arsenal showed their hand seems to have been blown out of the water.He hasn’t got the mental toughness of Fellaini or Rooney, so I’ve no doubt he , along with his meddlesome agents, decided he could no longer give 100%. As if he ever did last season. It’ll be interesting to see how HE reacts tomorrow (if he plays), never mind the crowd’s reaction.

• elpaso_geordie

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM

If he plays and Anita doesn’t that is a bit shit in my book.
    also
    If Ashley wants to make money by buying and selling why not buy Redmond for that small fee Norwich paid and same with Ince and Will Hughes ? One good season in the premiership from these 3 being English would automatically double their value …. its a no brainer for me – can only hope this hughes and Ince are part of this Transfer deadline plan that chronicle was on about few days ago , somehow I doubt it

• SharpEnough23

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

We should always support our players, I bet cabaye puts a shift in tomorrow and bags a couple of goals.

is Remy fit for the game?

• Rainrix

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

As we dont know the full story i’d say hold off on making him a social pariah. Cabayes obviously had his head turned but seeing as he was all set to play at man city with the reported bid hanging over his head anyway i’d say ashley has had a big part, while pardew looks on defeated and hopeless as ever.

• JackButler

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Who do you believe???

Ashley and co do have a history of lieing to us afterall

• leeb1982

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM

well sorry but people on here saying if he gives 100% they will support him. That is the least he should be giving every single week instead of throwing his toys out the pram. he can rot in the reserves for me. the support he has been giving previously by our supporters and in a time when we need him he goes and refuses to play. Rooney has been told he wont be first choice yet he hasn’t refused to play instead he ran his socks off and give his all for his club

• Spoof

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM

What mistake has he made, as far as I am aware there has beenno fine issued to you be sure that this refusing to play view is false because if it were true then he would have been fined and we would have known about it, so if as I suspect he has been with drawn by the club to protect there investment ahead of a possible big money transfer then he has done nothing wrong, yes he may want to go, but can you blame him, would you want to play for this pathetic excuse for a football club, Ashley’s running of the club has not only let us the fans down, it has also let the players down, so how can we possibly say that it is a mistake which Cabaye has made.

• aidytoon9

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Where was cabs in the last three games?
    Total lack of respect for the team and the fans! Get him out as not fit to wear the shirt anymore. And that is if he has refused to play!

• toonarmydownsouth

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Ibiza
    For me it’s a grey area
    Someone on the previous thread mentioned we should support him like manure supported Rooney, that’s a fair comment IF cabaye responds like Rooney did
    I’m sure the crowd will be right behind him for the first 20-25 mins but if after that he hasn’t got into the game, looks uninterested, petulant attitude or anything like that I think the support could quickly dwindle tbf

• Davies

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Of course he should get our support. As long as he wears the shirt he’s one of ours.

• Coach

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I don’t often post on here but in my opinion, a Newcastle fan has to support every player who pulls on the shirt.

Having said that, Pardew will go even further down in my estimation if he drops Anita to bring Cabaye into the starting eleven.

• geordiemark

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM

for starters he doesnt deserve his place back anita has done enough for me to retain his place, even if hes refused to play or not doesnt make no difference really theres a lot of players who want to move and still play for there teams because they pay them monthly thats why so cabaye I dont really care if he plays or not as far as am concerned he can go and run and jump

• aidytoon9

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM

The obvious thing is he wants to leave! I don’t blame him for wanting to go to Arsenal or psg as they are both ambitious clubs which is something we are not.
    the thing I think has possibly happened is that cabs has told pards/ club he wants to go then pards has thought I won’t play him because his head is not right.
    now cabs is thinking- Arsenal haven’t came back in for me yet and psg not bid yet, also I have been dropped for national team- crap my head is ok now boss! Just a thought?

• Papiss9

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I think we should support him if he plays, we don’t know really know what’s going on behind the scene. And we absolutely need a win.

We all know pardew made mistake after mistake last season, but he didn’t excactly get the backing in terms of players before there was a crisis. This summer they should have learned from last year. We should buy 3 players for 30 £ mill. Striker, winger and CB.

Let’s hope the team is set up for attacking football where we try to win 2 og 3 nill.

This would be my team for saturday:
    ————————–Krul——————————-
    Santon——-Mbiwa———–Colo———-Dummett
    ————————Anita———————————
    ————–Cabaye———–Sissoko——————-
    HBA————————————————Remy
    —————————Cisse——————————-

Debuchy out because I think dummet has done well and debuchy must know he has to fight for a place and play a lot better than he has so far

• geordiemark

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

aidytoon9

last sentance sums it all up there

• harrizoom

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Has cabaye or anyone else that is involved in nufc came out and said cabaye has catorgorically refused to play for newcastle united or is this pure media speculation

• ballerfan2

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM

….. of course booing him is bound to get the best out of him!!!???

• geordiemark

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM

harrizoom

when a player is fit and in contract with the club then he should be available for team selection for every game until he is injured or given leave of absence or transfered, to me I dont care if its a media thing ashley cant afford to have one his best players not playing if he wants a move then he goes into the shop window and plays, ive no idea who pulled him out of team selection the player, the manager, the owner if a player wanted to play he would demand to play and i havent seen any press releases from anyone

• geoff777

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I’m struggling to maintain any level of support for the club at the moment.

If it’s a nice day I’ll give the game a miss, first time in five years.

• shax5292

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Didier Deschamps has made the correct desicion by dropping Cabaye, he is not fit enough to wear the shirt for our beloved Newcastle United. No matter how much we are struggling at the moment we want loyalty for the cause and he clearly does not have that. What I would to have Nolan and Barton back!

• aidytoon9

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:15 AM

it’s now Friday and we still talking about cabs when we should be commenting about our new great striker/ winger/ defender.
    this club is going nowhere at the moment, gutted.

• scout

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Says it all “maybe he an hit a late winner ”
    It’s Fulham at home, we should steamroller teams like this.
    How the expectations have dropped like a stone

• walker_lad

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM

If he’s scores I may forgive him 🙂

• scout

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

• aidytoon9

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I very much doubt remy will start the next couple of games as he is not match fit, but people still put him in their starting team for tomorrow.

• workyticket

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM

“We all make mistakes in life, that’s one way we can learn, and we hope that Yohan Cabaye will learn from the mistake he has made over the last two weeks”

Ed, you don’t know what has happened behind the scenes, maybe, just maybe it is you are making the mistake here?

• Sav

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM

He shouldn’t be vice-captain any more (if he still is). He has lost credibility. Otherwise, if he plays and plays well, he’ll be supported, like everybody else.

• ballerfan2

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM

“We cheered and got very little out of the lad, maybe some boos might light him up”
    Great psychology there. Tell me Scout, if you were in a job when you would prefer to be elsewhere for more money with greater prestige (international recognition) and people gave you a hard time, would you be inclined to give of your best?

• Sav

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Geordies will forgive but we aren’t going to be mugs. If Cab plays, that should be the end of the transfer. We want to know are not supporting him while providing a shop window. If he plays, he stays. Arsenal, PSG and any other club are leaving it too late. The club need to declare that, too, and it would be good if Mashley, via JFK, would come out and assert it. It is getting too close to the deadline to replace him now and there comes a point when even 20 million would not repair the damage to our season if major players are snatched away at the eleventh hour.