Newcastle Must Stop Acting Like Victims In Transfer Market

The Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew is still concerned that another club will come in with a late bid for French International Yohan Cabaye today, and of course if that happens and Mike Ashley accepts the bid, then we’ll be screwed, because there wont  be enough time left to bring in a suitable replacement. That’s in  essence why Alan Pardew is very worried today.   and also why he’s aged so much already this season. 😀

Soccer - Barclays Premier League - Manchester City v Newcastle United - Etihad Stadium

Alan Pardew – still worried about late bid for Cabaye

If Newcastle do sell Cabaye today and go after other central midfielders, their price will go up significantly,  because they will know that Newcastle have big money to spend with so little time left in the window, and we’ll end up short like we did when Andy Carroll left Newcastle on the last day of the January transfer window two years ago.

If you don’t learn from your mistakes then history will keep repeating itself.

If we were to hazard a guess, we don’t think any club will come in for Cabaye, because of the high price of £20M Newcastle have put on his head, assuming that’s the amount Newcastle want for their star play-maker.

Pardew has said in the past that if there is a late bid today, then Newcastle have a plan for what to do.

Plans and strategies are all very good, but the most difficult thing is to execute on them – and there is so little time left – 14 hours and the clock is ticking – that our chances of success are already low.

And we’re a little sick of being victims like this in the transfer market, and that it’s up other clubs to determine how we do – and that if a top bid comes in then we would have to sell Cabaye, because the money it too good to turn down.

Nonsense.

We don’t have to sell – and if any bid comes in today – and we cannot get a replacement in – then don’t sell Cabaye.

Put Newcastle’s squad first for a change – and forget about the money.

It’s about time Alan Pardew and other leaders at Newcastle started to think of the club in other terms than we are a small club who need to sell our top players – and that we are therefore prey for the top clubs.

My late father must be turning in his grave.

Newcastle can and should alter this situation – we should be trying to build  a top team again.

The fact that it’s obvious we aren’t, is the major reason why so many fans are frustrated with the timid leadership at the club right now.

A club as great in history as Newcastle United needs bold leadership – and we haven’t got that at the moment – and that’s the truth.

Comment welcome.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Carr Toon

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM

1st

• Markaccus

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Thats a very thoughtful statement, Carr.

• Indian Magpie

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Graeme Bailey ?@GraemeBailey 1m
    North East wise Sunderland will be doing at least two, Boro trying – Newcastle probably nothing at all – in or out.

• Toon73

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

JFK has already assured us we will be playing Champions League. He’s probably on the phone contacting a world class manager right now.

Have faith in the Joker.

• Beattie25

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

The most disgusting thing to me is the fans who buy into this thought process.

Ashley has stripped us bare, ashamed us and made us feel worthless and some of you have accepted this as normality.

• Felipe

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

14 more hours of people on here speculating on how many people we will or will not sign today, yawn!

• Markaccus

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Martoon.

Morning. Yep first day back so early blogging for me 😀
    On bendtner… i still think we could do much worse. No harm in a short contract. He does score goals if he gets a run of games.

• WWSBRD

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Is it time to judge Kinnear yet?

• SuperShearer

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

It depends who comes in for him. If it’s Arsenal, demand a player in exchange, if it’s PSG again…demand a player on loan or bump up the offer. The power at this stage of the game HAS to be with the selling club. It may have hurt when it was AC but looks what a deal that proved to be.

• martoon

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Morning Markaccus – Back to work and straight on the blog – I like it. Bendtner eh! i must remember not to park my car in Newcastle center 🙂

• Carr Toon

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

“DEADLINE DAY TRANSFER” for Ashley means selling not buying. And each time Pardew says “if the late bid comes in ………….”; I can sense the bid is already in place and they are waiting for dying hours to accept it.

• Markaccus

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Beattie

I find the whole thing highly abnormal, in any business let alone football, and i think the FA should start stepping in and putting a stop to careless owners p1ssing about like this. We are not the only club with problematic owners (they manifest with many different problems but all cause there own brand of trouble) Even man u and liverpool have ownership issues.

• Felipe

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

@Beattie25
    He’s just the owner. There are far far worse out there and we’ve had worse before.
    I don’t feel worthless mate. Far from it. Full of optimism for the season ahead. We have a great looking squad now, Ben Arfa fit and healthy, Colo happy and back to his best. Anita & Santon really settled in now and Sissoko and Mbiwa really looking the part. We’ve only seen 15 minutes of Remy but looks class. Add to that one of the best 3 keepers in the prem. Ashley who?

• bills-son

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Beattie,

How has Ashley stripped us bare??

Last I saw all our top players were still here.

• Markaccus

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Martoon @10

See comments @7 😀

• WWSBRD

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Still support for Ashley on here? Wow

• darrenfletcher88

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Woke up this morning, transfer deadline day, look at sky sports all the clubs around us investing getting there final players for the long hard season ahead us Newcastle are waiting for are best player to leave which will happen and we will get no one in, but we tryed and it’s so hard to get players over the line bla bla bla! One player on loan is not good enough for are great club! I woke up excited but we all no what’s going to happen!!

• Felipe

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Support, did I miss that?

• DiscoNUFC

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Agent being interviewed on tsport currently says there is a PL club who have failed to get 4 striker deals done that have come to him for an out of contract player he would never connect with a PL club…

The guy sounds genuinely shocked by the approach

Please tell me its not us? Kuqi didnt work out so we cant think that the answer again surely????

• G.unit

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I always said I would reserve judgment until the end of the transfer and I know technically it is still not shut but I have a feeling that Newcastle business is done. (Did it ever start).

The most frustrated I have ever been as a Newcastle in my lifetime. We finished 5th and this was the perfect opportunity to kick on. Did we?? No. Nearly relegated last season, so you would think that Ashley would sit in his fat seat and invest at least 20 million into the club for players. Has he?? Not and not likely to at this late stage. It normally takes Newcastle about a couple of days just to complete a medial!!

Whichever way you look at it, you just can’t defend this in any shape or form. We might be okay this season to avoid relegation but it’s the lack of ambition that hurts the most and the fact that owner to the manager are happy avoiding relegation season after season!!

• valle

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Bills-son… So are you happy with the transfer window we have had so far? I would really like to know!

• theartfuldodger

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Pardew and Kinnear dont discuss much do they.
    Pardew said after fulham game that he would be disappointed not to get a striker.
    Its so strange. Its like ashley or kinnear saying I dont care a crap about how you feel.
    Obviously there is a difference in assessment. We havent even been linked with anyone except gomis.

There I go again try to put together the pieces of the nufc pizzle

• valle

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

You have to feel a bit sorry for Pardew. Like him or loathe him, his job aint made any easier by MA and JfK.

• Markaccus

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Ok. Just my thoughts…..

If we play 433 and cabaye goes, we have anita sissoko marv tiote jonas gosling bigi. Surely 3 from 7 is enough to get by. We can then use the cabaye money to get a couple of forwards to suppliment cisse remy goofy and the ameobi bros

• Ibizatoon

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

At last, the day we’ve all been waiting for. The silliest day of silly season.

Should be fun…

• G.unit

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

bills-son

Don’t take this as me jumping on your post, just a questions really, but when the Transfer window shuts and we don’t sign one more player and no one is sold. Would you see that as a successful transfer window??

• Beattie25

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Bills-son & Felipe

Don’t speak to me please.

I’ll give you the courtesy of this response but please don’t attempt to talk to me on this blog.

I neither respect or appreciate your comments/opinions and it would be best just to ignore one another.

In finishing Bills-son Ashley stripping us bare was a figure of speech, words painting pictures, an attempt at highlighting the shame he has brought us.

Felipe, you’re belief that Ashley is good because we have had worse is one of the reasons I think you are either a troll or slightly insane. Good luck in all your endeavors because even in the greatest of failures you will probably find the most amazing success , such is your short sighted arrogance.

• Markaccus

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Probably wishful thinking

• Sazzer

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Great Obertan isnt leaving reports say now and we lost out on Thauvin. So most likely thats it finito, over, arrividerci.

• BandB

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM

DiscoNUFC

He was having a good chuckle about it, wasn’t he?
    He said; “I’d never have imagined this player at that club in a million years.”
    He didn’t say who the bizarre phone call was from though.

• Spreadthetoon

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Has NUFC gone backwards or stayed still……?

IMO I think the club has stood still, where as other clubs have tried to improved albeit we have secured the loan of Remy for the season.

It is very clear to me that MA and JFK never had any REAL intention of buying anyone this window. I bet Carr thinks what’s the point in scouting players…..???!!!

I think the club will end up between 11th and 20th…..that’s the reality. I cannot get excited about this season as the owners treat the players, club and fans in such an abject manner. It’s disgusting. I am so disappointed with the whole situation cos’ of the inaction….it’s a reason why I’ve not posted much lately.
    I’ll back me club, I’ll back the players, I’ll even back the manager with gritted teeth, but I’ll never ever ever back JFK or the other jokers. Shame on you.

• A monkey is better then Pardew

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Hasn’t aged enough to the point where he retires…

• Spreadthetoon

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Sakho to Liverpool btw, quality signing.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I would settle for no-one in only IF NO-ONE GOES OUT!

What I saw of the last 20 minutes at the TOON on Saturday was as exciting as I have seen for a long time and when the TOON click we are not bad to watch. AND PARDEW BELIEVES IN PLAYING THAT STYLE OF FOOTBALL WITH GOUFRAN, CISSE and REMY up front

• DiscoNUFC

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

BandB @30

Its gona be us isnt it?

They’ve misunderstood and they’re bringin shearer back!

• Transfer Sage

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Markacus

I don’t like Ashley and his policy but I dot believe he is doing any harm to the club financially which is what fit and proper tests for the FA look into.

If anything he is ensuring we make not lose money and pay of debt. Not entertaining at all for us and I don’t like it but in terms of the health of the club it’s in very good shape.

Lots of people say the squad did capable of top ten so if that is true then it’s just the manager he needs to improve. Can honestly say he is doing a bad job, just a very boring job of running the club.

• Markaccus

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Disco

Bent aubemayang bony and gomis. That team has to be us 🙁

• Thump

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

@Spreadthetoon: We’ve stood still while other clubs move forwards.

• petey

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

We should have got a move on when we finished 5th. Perfect chance to lure big or promising players. If that happened I reckon we could have got that 5 year target or however long it was. Now I fear any transfer Is too late because we have to do it all over again anyway. Sad times I’m afraid. We won’t be doing any surprise deals today I think. Maybe one or two old championship players to provide cover. I heard Kevin Phillips is warming a bench somewhere.

Hope I’m wrong of course. After all I was being negative before the Fulham game too

• Felipe

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM

@Beattie25
    I didn’t say I thought Ashley was good he just doesn’t make me feel ashamed or worthless. We have a maverick owner just like we have a maverick winger.
    I really don’t think about him much when I watch the toon on Saturday afternoon. I just cheer on the team, whoever is on the pitch.