And To Think Joe Kinnear Wanted To Be Judged On His Signings

In our poll we ran after Joe Kinnear was appointed, which now has over 12,000 fans having voted,  a massive 89% did not want Joe Kinnear as the Director of Football, and that came even after Joe had told us he could pick up the phone and talk to any manager in the world, and after he said he would be an excellent Director of Football – but self praise is no recommendation.

joe kinnear
Here’s the results of the poll.

Joe Kinnear – didn’t get the job done

Do You Want Joe Kinnear As Newcastle's Director Of Football?

Loading ... Loading ...

But a Director of Football is a lot different than a football manager, and to do the job well you have to have certain talents like being a good negotiator, and having some executive qualitie,s since you are often dealing with the Presidents and Chairmen of other clubs.

And while we had hoped Jopr would have some persuasive powers with Mike Ashley to spend a little more money than the Billionaire likes to spend on players (he doesn’t like to spend much), it just hasn’t turned out that way, and we haven’t signed the players we should have signed this summer to fortify the squad.

And we didn’t do that last year either,  when we knew we would have more games in Europe,  and after reaching the quarter finals of the Europa League we were in a huge relegation scrap,  and we finished 5th bottom – but still above Sunderland.

We’ve talked before about Mike Ashley not having enough ambition for a great club like Newcastle United , and he proved it again yesterday.

And the least he can do is to issue some statement about went wrong – and we are assuming it did go wrong, and the plan was not just to bring in only one loan player this summer.

But Mike doesn’t talk to the Newcastle fans, so we will not hear much from the powers that be at Newcastle.

We may have another Koe Kinnear interview – but on second thoughts we could probably do without that.

Unfortunately,  it’s going to be up to Alan Pardew to put the best twist he on what has happened yesterday, but we bet he’s also getting sick of having to do that.

It’s a sad time for Newcastle fans, to be sure, but we are still very proud of our club after another huge disappointment yesterday.

It’s in the DNA.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Wayayman

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Obviously we have a squad capable of achieving Ashley’s aim for this season. Survival by the fingertips, putting the Geordies through as much sh!t as possible.

When Llambias said that we didn’t know how f*kin horrible they can be, I guess he was right.

• Santon03

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM

TS – repost

I think MA knows it and feel wrong to sack pardew when he or DL decided not to invest more after we finished 5th and for that reason he kept pardew on the job believing that we have far better squad for pardew to work with compared to 2 seasons ago.

I agree with you about spurs left us behind, I think they have deeper pocket than Ashley in cash. They probably at Abramovic league.
    Ashley maybe valued at 4billion, but it doesn’t mean he has 4billion in cash, it’s more likely 10-20%, the rest are assets and market value of his businesses.
    ENIC group (Spurs owners) probably much bigger than Ashley.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM

TRIO TERRORISTS OUT

ASHLEY PARDEW KINNEAR GET OUT!!!!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Errrrrr, seriously???? 1,300 people want Kinnear as our DoF??? I was expecting maybe 1 or 2, but no more than 100!!

May I ask anyone who voted yes, why?

• Jamseyd24

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM

If Pardew has any sort of moral courage he would come out and say I made it clear what we needed but Joe and Mike failed to deliver, Simple. I don’t rate Pardew that highly but I am sure he wanted players as much as the rest of us.

• Santon03

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Lilo

probably mackems also voted

• Spotlight Kid

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I don’t understand the fuss. Ashley stated his transfer policy in Summer 2010 – that no new funds would be made available for capital assets (ie player purchases). Unless Cabaye was sold, then no-one was coming in – I said so only last week. Remy is on on a loan fee which he can justify as a revenue expense with wages against the sales of Perchinho, Simpson etc.

There’s a hard core group of us on here who have been patiently stating this for years, but Ed has chose to keep the blog firmly on-message with the club – with only the lightest of wrist-slaps administered to Ashley and the puppets.

Our owner has kept the club artificially in his debt for years, I have explained the mechanism a number of times, yet still the wilfully blind flood this blog with their own NUFC fantasy football team first XI instead of opening their eyes to the mess.

An almost relegated squad is now two very useful players weaker as a result of a summer of ‘joke & mirror’ shenanigans. This season the club will pocket between £60m and £100m clear no matter where it finishes. In turn this will erode the artificial loan and allow Ashley to take money that is NOT his, as he overpaid for the club – which is not the club’s fault. He will then sell the club on next year at a small personal profit after almost 7 years of utter incompetence.

The next owner will doubtless see the compliant Wonga-wearing masses as ample proof he too has a meekly compliant cash cow, and the over half a century of abject farce and failure will grind on…

PS: To younger fans – get out now and support a team (big or small) that deserves your commitment, a team that will genuinely try and win things no-matter what league it is currently in. The ‘Toon till I die’ mantra is the biggest load of corporate BS ever propagated. You can’t support the team without supporting the owner – durrr!! That’s the problem, and those ever-compliant supporters are a major reason for the clubs perpetual failures

• JARRAMAG

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM

JARRAMAG // Sep 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

JK has already stated that they are happy with the size of the squad and expect a top 10 finish at least,so bearing in mind that AP was at this meeting then he also agreed.

With the above statement i cannot understand any speculations about signings.

The only thing we could do is sell Cabaye in order for MA to recoup the £18 mill he was forced to spend in Jan to keep us up.

To all the people who think our squad is strong enough better hope we have no injuries to Cisse,Ben Arfa(will never play a full season),and Cabaye (if hes still here) because if we do we will sink like a stone.

God help us
    KTF

I posted this yesterday hoping i was proved wrong but Ashley is gambling again with our prem safety.

All you Ashley supporters should hang your heads in shame

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Santon,
    That was my 100!! There can’t be that many mackems patrolling this blog surely??

• JAMSHA

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM

11% who voted are scums… only scums would support a scum

• slevovich

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I would still say we have a good team that with a proper manager could compete with most teams in the premiership.

Assuming we play the 4-3-3 that most of us agree is the formation most suited to our players:

—————————–Krul——————————-

Debuchy———-Mbiwa———Coloccini———Santon

————–Sissoko——Anita——-Cabaye————–

————–Ben Arfa—–Cisse——-Remy—————

Thats a really good team, all of them internationals. As backup we have:

GK: Elliot, Alnwick
    RB: R.Taylor(injured), Santon, Tavernier
    CB: Taylor, Williamson, Good
    LB: Haidara, Dummett
    CM: Tiote, Jonas, Gosling, Vuckic, Bigi
    RW: Marveaux, Obertan
    LW: Gouffran, Sammy Ameobi
    ST: Remy, Shola

Remy for me is the first choice replacement for cisse as gouffran can play in his LW position. I really think this is a good team.

What I cant stand is that with just a little investment, say Lukaku on loan, Tom Ince and got rid of some of the dead wood such as Jonas and replaced them with young exiting players, I think we would have a team who are better than any team outside the top 5.

• Transfer Sage

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

santon

Joe lewis is worth 4 billion, not much different to ashley and a lot tied up in the companies he owns too.

The problem is they said they could spend that much even without the bale sale, not sure if it’s true though. Either way they haven’t spent vast amounts on fees, they have managed to spend money but also recouped a lot over the years with sales too.

• geordiemark

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM

come january ashley will spend money on saving our beloved club from getting relegated mr ashley you never learn do you, our club is just a play toy to this moron as long as hes making money and cooking the books with transfers and tv money going into his sky rocket back pocket hes a very happy chap and at our expense may i add, this so called man and his bumchum kinnear and his little yes man pardew best start packing up quick I can smell a big problem looming for all 3 very soon, its called the geordie mafia never mind the cockney one

• firebug666

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM

oe Kinnear promised to take the club forward, but he seems to only go backwards. Not one single bid came from NUFC last night for any player, No one word came out of our beloved club which only shows one thing… Joe Kinnear is not fit for purpose and should be sacked NOW with immediate effect. KINNEAR OUT!

• Santon03

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM

LOL I don’t know, Lilo.

probably that 100 have 13 accounts each.

• Sgt. Heagerty

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Lads, don’t post on here often just read… I’ve tried to stay optimistic over the last 9 years since I discovered the love of my life newcastle united from a young Iraqi kid on patrol in Baghdad in 2004 wearing a shearer strip… And since I got wounded and retired I’ve watched every game all the way over in missouri in the states and become a Geordie through and through…. But the deadline passed and I snapped. Enough right!!!! Ok we’ll let’s keep a couple things in mind… Bash the problems Ashley and joe…. But the gaffer has just as much passion for the toon as we do and has been hung out to dry time and time again, and led us to Europe…. Support pardew and support the lads pulling on the black and white don’t let your anger at the joe and Ashley fall to the them or it will be relegation time… Please lads stay behind the troops, the toon army marches on… Lets hope we can get mike and joe out but stay with the gaffer and the troops this campaign… That’s all I got, heart broken toon army soldier, but still supporting the gaffer and players!!!!

• Mr Robson

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM

@SOLANO – From previous thread.

Listen, I’m as against Ashley as the next bloke. Don’t get me wrong I dislike him and I want him to F*** off.

But there are ways of protesting and places to do so. Fans would get more attention protesting outside the stadium before games. At least banners and flares can’t be taken off you there!

You can even go to the SHITE DIRECT offices and stage a large scale protest there where he can see, but bringing negativity inside the stadium and affecting the players isn’t going to help us out where it matters… on the pitch.

If you want to get your protests heard. Do it in the right way.

• geordiemark

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM

firebug666

not just kinnear but the lot of them have to go there chances have come and gone

• numba9

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Who the fek are voting yes ? Seriously if u do that you are a brainless ballbag of a person

• richyg01

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM

SACK THE BOARD

I dont think we can fully blame HardPoo / Joking Here, if Ca$hley wont release the funds, they are powerless.

I even saw a report at one point yesterday where HardPoo had admitted that NUFC had to sell before they could buy, HTF do they work that out!?

• spiderpig

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Even if we did sign young fast expensive players, you still need a manager who knows how and where to play them.we do have a very decent squad already, we just need a decent manager.

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Spotlight Kid

yeap indeed…i was thinking the same thing…I am tired of it…wont be supporting it with this criminal at the helm very simple.

The whole setup is a money making scheme. Its sad that we even have some good players in the squad if I was them I would hand in transfer request. The fans will lever understand. But such is life.

Anyhow….Toon forever till Ashley gets out, and an Ambitious owner comes in till then its pointless.. Like the Video says we dont care about big signings but some decent signings would be a shot in the arm but no.

Pathetic.

• Klatoon

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Well I didnt suffer last night, for the 1st time ever I dosed off on Transfer deadline day, woke up and found a random replay of Everton V Norwich…Jim White and David Craig long gone. My secret…long hard evening kick about at the local pitch!

*Will carry on this therapy every deadline day till Ashley sells up and leaves.

• Jamseyd24

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I dont live in Newcastle but have supported the club from I was a boy. But I feel its time to make a stand against these twats not sure how but something needs to be done.

Anyone think theres any truth in the rumours last nite about some Ukrainian billioneir interested in us???

• geordiemark

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM

pardew better not come out and say least we kept cabaye, ashley were used to your shit man management style I wonder if ashley wants all the newcastle united staff on sports direct crap contracts wouldnt put nowt past that miser of a scrooge

• Tinman

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Hope we make some big signings before the window shuts later tonight.
    Could do with a striker and one or two wingers.
    Controversial, but I reckon if we sign 3 players and keep Cabaye then people will begin to warm to Kinnear!

• Santon03

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM

TS

Yes, you are right. I just googled Joe Lewis.

I can’t explain how Ashley can’t be like Joe, but last year Bale is like one man team for spurs. they may not be as great this season, it’s remain to see. It’s kind of like Messi for Barca, I don’t know how Barca like without Messi.

Hopefully they are not that great this season.

• thebionicMAG

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Its over to us the fans now. We have to do something. Doing nothing will condemn us to the crap for the foreseeable future. Ashley is running the club on shoestring to milk it for all he’s worth. The joke is once he’s recouped the money he injected to clear the debt, he’ll still add that to the selling price.
    We need to take action, the players will understand.

• BandB

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Spotlight,

That is a very good comment, though I know you made the point consistently in the past.
    People are waiting for explanations, but we got one on August 25.
    Joe said the squad is strong enough, and that he, and therefore presumably Ashley, don’t understand what all the negativity is about.

• geordiemark

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM

21st of sept v hull at home will be a very interesting game mr ashley

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Sodding Prince of Saudi Arabia has just bought 50% of Sheffield United.

• Santon03

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM

TS

btw I like the way the team played at 2nd half against Fulham which keep me hoping things will be good this season. We contained them at their half, I hope we can do that every game, even our corners looked threatening.

• firebug666

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM

geordiemark, Ashley will only sell up if he gets an offer that is way above the market value of the club, This is based on his greed, he could have sold the club in the past and for good money but he is a greedy man and always wants more, so I think we are stuck with him, but Kinnear does not have the ability to perform the duties appointed to him and therefore Newcastle cannot and will never progress as long as he is here. He must be sacked or driven out ASAP, Pards should also do the decent thing and leave. I know he has been shafted along with the rest of us, but he is also tactually inept. We will face a relegation battle this season especially if we suffer injuries to our first team.

Mr Robson, I agree we need to protest in the right way and make our feeling known, But as always Ashley will sit on his yacht in Monaco and totally ignore our existence.

• Roger

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM

In the Premier League you have 4 or 5 clubs on top.
    Clubs with so many money. In Germany all the clubs
    are not in the hand of one big money spender, see
    Bayern Munich. And waht happend, Bayern Munich
    win all cups in Germany and in Europa.
    What we need is a group of players who plays for
    this Club, our Club Newcastle United. They had to
    work hard every weekend and we as supporters also.
    I don`t like Bayern Munich, I don´t like
    Manchester United, Manchester City or Chelsea or
    Arsenal and the next club i don`t like is Tottenham.
    I like all the clubs who fight every year against
    relegation and see what can happen, Cardiff City win
    against Man City at home. Why this happens?
    While the players are Cardiff City, while the supporters
    are Cardiff City. And so all our players must be
    Newcastle United, all the supporters must be Newcastle
    United. This is the real game, not the millions from
    Abramovic and other millionäres from russia and the
    arabic countries.
    I`m from Germany, why I´m a supporter of
    Newcastle United and not from Manchester oder Chelsea?
    Do you have any idea?
    We have a great team and when this team plays a good
    game, we are all happy. Support our team and don`t
    blame the players and look allways for other`s.
    Give them a chance, at the moment we are on
    possition 12, one point at Aston Villa and then
    3 points again Hull City Tigers and everything is ok.
    And for all this people who want`s a club like
    Manchester or Bayern Munich, please change the club.

• SharpEnough23

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Until Ashley goes I’m not putting more any of my hard earned money into this club,

I’ll watch the odd game, but I can’t be doing with the constant bullish*t and lack of ambition anymore

• Blofal

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I personally think its absolute bullsh1t that NUFC is still paying off debts due to Mike Ashleys no interest loans.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that he is advertising Sports Direct all over NUFC. If another sponsor wanted to splash their brand around SJP like he does how much would that cost them?

Correct me if I’m wrong but isnt he effectivly advertising for free? If those spaces were let to other companies to advertise how much money would that have made Newcastle during Ashleys Reign? Most of that debt would be gone now.

• Transfer Sage

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

santon

I personally have backed spurs to be 6th this year…think bale won so many points on his own and they will miss that.

And joe lewis does it as he cleverly uses the money the club makes without financing anything or much himself, where as ashley doesn’t seem to want to spend the money the club makes. Also other clubs structure deals over time which allows them more freedom to spend.

I don’t think we have a bad side, we are just one or two short i feel from being a solid top 8 team…genuinely believe that. I just think we need a better standard of manager (which costs a little more and also means you need to back him with transfers).

It just annoys me how we have always been a club looking to make strides forward but not we are not.

• numba9

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Too many foreign numptys on this blog today that never been to Newcastle trying to look at the positives when there is very few to find at the club these days . Get in the real world open your eyes … Keep feeding the monster and he will keep crapping on you and his crap gets bigger

• Transfer Sage

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM

a saudi prince has just bought a 50% stake in sheffield wednesday

• Mr Magpie

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Main reason we didn’t buy any players has to be that Ashley wants to pocket the cash, sell up & move on to Rangers. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he is actively trying to sell the club as soon as possible now….we can but hope as the sooner he goes & an ambitious owner arrives who gets rid of jfk & understands the pride, passion & potential that is waiting for them at St James park to make our club great again!