The Newcastle Captain Speaks Out

Newcastle United captain Fabricio Coloccini has been interviewed on Sky Sports today, and Fab has said he was close to making the move to San Lorenzo in January, but it just didn’t happen.

fab coloccini scores - Braga

Fabricio Coloccini – happy at Newcastle

And then when Fab returned in late June for pre0-seaosn and following a meeting with Alan Pardew he came out and said he was staying with the Magpies, and that like a new signing.

Can we actually count that as a signing?

Maybe not, sorry Joe. 😀

This is what Coloccini told Sky Sports News today:

“I am treated very well at Newcastle, it’s my sixth season here and I am under contract for three more years, so I will see what happens in the future.”

“I was very close to going back to San Lorenzo but Newcastle are my employers and they wanted me to stay.” “However at one point it looked like there was going to be an agreement.”

It was a bit of a turnaround, and the interview today is not dissimilar to what he said in late June, but he didn’t say at that time that he was close to leaving.

Fab Coloccini is a great professional, and he has a lot more influence in the Newcastle squad than we realized, and of course he is a leader on the field, and we missed Colo big time when he had his injured back.

And  somehow we think Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Fabricio have a good chance of becoming a  strong central defensive  partnership for the Magpies, and both have played well in the last couple of league games, when we kept two  good clean sheets and got four points.

We are very pleased to have Colccini at Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• lordy_geordie

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Someone mentioned this russian guy.
    Mordashov?
    Well i found a piece from someone who wrote to him about buying the club.
    Happy reading.

• Sydney Toon

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Repost:
    Gents
    I count myself lucky that with our timezone differences I can avoid all the disturbing rubbish while I sleep and finally this morning my time, there is common sense.

Ian toon
    It has taken many members of the blog to get Ruddy to swallow his arrogance, so good on you for sticking up for the realistic & optimist fans out there!

I for one am obviously disappointed with the transfer window, which explains my out of character rant yesterday. I would have liked a few more development players to come through, only the young French kid in. Looking at the squad, it is a good squad and looking at MA’s structure, we do need to start bringing these kids through such as Haidara, Dummett, Sammy and Haris. Campbell in my opinion needs time at Carlisle for the full season, then another loan next season for a championship team. At his pint size, he needs time to deal with the physical side of the English game, it is more of a mental thing not a strength thing.

I don’t believe our recruitment is complete, I remember somebody saying on the previous thread that Artem Milevski was available on a free. There are some free agents that could bring valuable squad depth if we require it. I know it is not throwing money around, but obviously there is something behind the scenes going on that has restrained our transfer business. At the end of the day, we got Loic Remy in on a good deal. If QPR don’t get promoted, then they will sell him for sure, even cheaper possibly.
    Last statement – People saying other teams are spending the TV money already and we haven’t. No No No, the TV money will not be distributed till the end of the season along with prize money for placings. Those clubs have got loans on the basis they will get the money at the close of the season. MA will simply not do that, it goes against everything he has done, which for the grumpy NUFC supporters out there, goes against everything that we have done in the past. Stop living in the past toon supporters, times are changing. We may pray and dream of a crazy Russian or Arab Prince coming along and creating us to be CFC or MCFC, reality sets in. It is not like we have a poor squad, we have a strong squad, one that will achieve good things. If MA wants to hold onto the club, judge him on the next summer window, we will have 60m+ sitting in the bank, plus the profit we will make, plus the prize money. We will see MA’s true colours. Think about it, if we finished higher up the table, we would have got more prize money in, which would have added to the coffers. We don’t even know if we will make a profit at the end of the FY. The clubs HEALTH is more important, if it went down like a Portsmouth, Leeds, Sheffield, Rangers etc etc, would we have even a club to support?? Dare I say it, there may not be a club left to support!

• BlacknWhaheyyy

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Keeping Colo was a massive boost.

Can you imagine if we’d lost him?

Just think on that.

• ochytoon

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Sydney
    We’re currently no where near closer to becoming a Leeds, Portsmouth etc. than any of the other Premier League clubs around us.

• Toon-Prodigy

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Sydney,

How I would love to be where you are and not sitting in the heart of Newcastle right now lad!

You really are a million miles away from this world we live in over here.

I love the optimism though, I really do. Keep it up.

Goodnight lad.

• cheickstackle

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Fellas, if you could read my blog post on the current debacle and let me know your thoughts I’d be very appreciative! A bit of a different take on things to some I feel pablopedrosblackandwhite.wordpress.com/

• Moe

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Sydney

I agree with you that the club should not spend money they DON’T have .. unless it is extremely necessary
    The thing is we DO have some money, what happened to the money we got for ending last season. What happened to the revenues that the club generates from season tickets, ads, sponsorship, TV …
    Dare I say I think all the transfers we made in the last 2 seasons were from the AC sale money. So where are all the revenues going?
    Are we investing in youth academy? I can’t see that. Are we investing in coaching staff? nothing has changed as far as I could tell. What about stadium, training grounds and facilities? I heard nothing .. So the question still stands. Where is the money going?

What worry’s me is that we lack a clear strategy for the club. I can see none from the manager, director of football, or the owner. No plans on any level to move the club forward.

• Spotlight Kid

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM

ST@2

‘If MA wants to hold onto the club, judge him on the next summer window, we will have 60m+ sitting in the bank, plus the profit we will make, plus the prize money.’

‘WE’ will not have £60m sitting in the bank, ‘HE’ will have trousered it on the grounds the club owes him the money (it doesn’t btw); it will then go straight into his Glasgow Rangers piggy bank.

‘WE’ meanwhile will be in another relegation dog-fight with JFK in charge no doubt.

Every Prem team has strengthened, even Stoke look vaguely dangerous and debt-free Norwich have brought in eight new lads. McNally is no fool, he knows you have step a notch or go down. And no matter how good the current squad is, it is not being played to its strengths by the inept Pardew.

This is just the latest gamble by Ashley at the club’s expense – it could well be his last as he will be off soon. Then someone will have to pick up the pieces. Little room for optimism when you take the blinkers off and look at the serious issues being faced by a club currently being run as Ashley’s cash cow.

I too used to be optimistic, now I’m older.

• HAZZY1

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Artem Milevskiy FREE transfer sign him up (quick) strong and creative 28 and FREE not the 10M we wanted to pay 2yrs ago?

• WLtoon

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Glad Colo stayed.
    We need all of our better players to be focused and on top of their game if we are going to make a fist of it this season.
    No thanks to the fat Cockney twat of course. You are a disgrace mate. Why dont you just cast your greedy eyes in another direction and leave us alone eh.

• HAZZY1

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Artem Milevskiy, Games 151 Goals 55 Assists 42 age 28 and FREE surely Joe could get this lad in he is just what we need he is 6ft3″ tall and strong.

• HAZZY1

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Shola, Games 295 Goals 51 Assists 21 get in Artem Milevskiy I hope pards still wants this guy could be another one that gets away even on a short term contract 1-2yrs.

• Sydney Toon

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Ochytoon
    We are no where near it, but if we start spending outside our means and pulling loans out for players that always carries risk of flopping. Just because MA is a billionaire, does not mean he has to spend his own fortune. He has made the club a beacon of financial consistency, whether we like it or not, something most clubs in Europe look at as a model. There were teams who needed to spend, Swansea, Norwich, Southampton spent because they need to get their squads strong enough to compete in the league. Spurs spent money because of their reliance on Bale and need to rebuild and strengthen across all areas to be a Top 4 contender. If they lost Bale and did not replace him with quantity and quality, they would have dropped off the pace. Yes, Spurs have strong ambition to be a Top 4 side. Liverpool were always going to spend, Rodgers proved to the owners that he was the right man, now look at them! If we lost Cabaye, we would have replaced him with Ayew. We didn’t, so why would we need Ayew when players like Gouffran, Tiote, Anita, Guti would have to be benched, leaving our hot prospects in Dummett, Sammy and Vuckic to rot in the Development squad or playing championship football. They are ready now, and I believe they have impressed enough to warrant places on our bench. After coming so close to relegation last season, the obvious thing to do is to spend on more players, leaving more players to be integrated. We may spend in January, after such a successful January window last season, why wouldn’t we try again. All the other clubs spent in the summer, but there will be players looking for game time come January, I see players like Aaron Ramsey, Oxlade Chamberlain from Arsenal needing game time, Defoe & Sandro needing game time, so many players will be scrambling come January to get game time for the World Cup, we will have room on the roster for 1 or 2 to give us a boost for the remainder of the season.

• Sydney Toon

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Prodigy
    Mate, I only have optimism for the club because my life is a complete rabble! Believe me I would much rather be in Newcastle than Sydney, at least I could go to St James and realise my dreams of being there watching my heroes walking out onto the pitch!

Hazzy1
    I have seen him play for Ukraine and he is a quality player. Perhaps there could be something in the offering, I mean there is always plan Z, Carlton Cole! Just kidding!

Moe
    I hear you mate, there is a strategy, just not one we all agree with! Stability of the club still remains a priority, I have no doubt if Pardew was good enough, we would have finished top 10 last season and I think we would have pushed on. Don’t quote me on this but I think we only got 4-5m in prize money, compared to 13m we got the season previously. That season we looked to secure 25m in players with Douglas and De Jong, but ended up with Anita for 8m. This season, we spent 2m on remy and a little bit on the young French prospect, I think it was 1m. Remember we only just cleared a profit of 4-6m on the last FY, so in business terms, with a poor performance on the pitch, there was unlikely to be big money available. Yes we went for PEA for 13-15m, but it would have based on a player that is miles ahead of Cisse in Quality and would have been a purchase that would have ended any other approach for a player all season. When operating a business, something I know a lot about, there are many operating and capital budgets, the operating budget always is the priority, it increased with the employment of JK and Downey, perhaps increase in salary to Charnley to heap up club operations. Not to mention catering for CPI % increase to all club staff. The capital budget is funds left over from operational budgets. This is spent on new assets, development of facilities and so forth. We have seen them spend on the refurbishment of Shearers bar already. The AC money would have been added to the capital budget, but whether MA allowed it to be rolled over into following FY capital budgets remains to be seen. He may have pocketed the remaining funds or used it elsewhere. Also, clubs like NUFC would also look at other investments outside of football, City & Spurs have interests in property. Ashley may have decided to invest money outside the club to increase it’s value. Things we don’t see but could be critical to the clubs health.
    Stoke had to spend to give Hughes a fighting chance to change Stoke, Norwich had to spend to get quality in and Southampton spent money on players because their owner is a crazed up Italian who will sell up when he is bored!
    Spotlight
    In a bad light, yes that could be a reality of Ashley and I believe that Rangers are better suited to his model, they need it.

In the end, the window is over, we have Villa up next who although looked good recently, are still very vulnerable. Without Benteke, they are still a relegation side, the win against Fulham was good to see, we played well especially that last 20-30mins, I would expect another heart wrenching close win as always

HWTL

• Sav

Sep 4, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Glad to see at least some good sense being trotted out here. Pardew must be one lonely man and (along with John Carver) is doing his bit to hold it together. Someone has to show some leadership for the sake of the team and its not Mashley or Kinnear. Every decision or comment from that pair seems to impact negatively on the club. Pardew deserves our backing. Everyone knows what this ‘statement’ is and what the truth is.
    I was glad Keegan took Mashley for a couple of million and I hope Pardew takes him for a lot more if he is forced out. He should never have had an 8 year contract but I’m delighted to see he’s fighting to hang onto it. Those who think he should ‘show backbone and walk’ should be very careful what they wish for. Heaven knows who we would get if Pardew leaves and heaven help us if its JFK.

• lesh

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Sidney

Your post @2 made a lit of sense. Well said.

• lesh

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:34 AM

• @15

lit of sense = lot of sense.

• Sydney Toon

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Lesh

Thanks bud, if I said that with all the doom and gloom spouting out, I would have been crucified. There is a reason to MA madness, it could be a number of things but to personally taking it upon himself to annoy us is certainly not one of them IMO, I just think he wants this season to define what he does next. He has made decisions that could either harm the club or better it, in this I mean the 8yr deal to pards, the faith he showed was certainly gutsy and not being repaid that faith last season would have set him off no end. But the fact our earnings last season would have taken a deteriorating spike, it is not good business to spend what we don’t have. Yes I know we have the money, but why throw it away when the squad is capable of reaching the minimum targets, MA has done enough off the pitch, the results need to come on it before he gets comfortable enough to push forward again.

• jimmysmith

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Sydney, there are more pressing problems with Mike Ashley’s ownership than his reluctance to spend money that the club hasn’t generated, and even so, this squad remains on face value lean on the goals that are needed to be competitive in the top half, and certainly if we struggle as we so often do with injuries and suspensions, or worse in Remy’s case. I think you’re pushing the boat out there with your optimism, but hey we might get lucky, but I cant see Ash not continuing to cock a snoot at his ever loyal customers or the rich traditions of the club or the region any time soon, regardless of how we fare on the pitch this season, which strikes me as the greater concern.

• Our Toon

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:05 AM

I’m sorry Sydney mate but what you have stated is absolute tosh and the main reason we are in this mess, because of fans like you who are happy that our club (only club in the world) that wants to live within its means. I agree that we need to be financially viable but finish 16th – 8th will have a big difference this season as much as 20m. The tv money is paid out based on finish in table as well as a lump sum at the end of the season.

So considering there is a chance of finishing higher with 20m up for grabs you think it’s right for us to have limited expectations and not invest in 2/3 players that would pay for themselves with a higher position in the league? meanwhile you sit in Sydney and fans here pay for your happiness of finish lower mid table, with no ambition.

Will daft fans stop using Portsmouth and Leeds as an example, that is absolute rubbish spouted out by the club and defenders of the club!! What will kill the club is relegation to the championship with no return, as it has done with other clubs not by spending and staying in the PL. Remember one thing for those hiding behind Leeds n Pompey etc that these clubs are surrounded by multiple other clubs with there region, Newcastle only really has the Scum and Boro which are 15 / 35 miles apart from us that makes us a completely different proposition to and sets us apart from the others!!

• Chris

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Sydney @2

I agree with lesh. Your post DID make a lot of sense. My only reservation is that I believe our recruitment is probably complete for the time being.

Personally I don’t buy into all these conspiracy theories and I doubt that there’s been much going on behind the scenes, as you put it, that has restrained our transfer business (apart from the total incompetence of our Director of F***all, of course!). I think the main restraining factor has simply been the need to comply with the 25 man squad / homegrown player rules.

The club will shortly be required to register its 25 man squad for the first half of the season, and as far as I can see we’ve already got 27 players aged 21 and over:

11 homegrown
    Dummett, Elliot, Ferguson, Gosling, Krul, Newton, Shola, Tavernier, R Taylor, S Taylor, Williamson

and 16 non homegrown (maximum allowed = 17)
    Amalfitano, Anita, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Cisse, Coloccini, Debuchy, Gouffran, Jonas, Marveaux, Obertan, Remy, Santon, Sissoko, Tiote, Yanga-Mbiwa
    (note: Haidara qualifies as under 21 this season, so he won’t need to be named in the squad)

We do have a couple of players out on loan (Ferguson, for the whole season, and Newton for 6 months) and Raylor will be unavailable for at least the first half of the season, so there are 3 homegrown players that won’t need to be allocated a place, leaving 8 to be included. Together with the 16 non-homegrown that leaves only one space available for a new player to come in (unless that player is under 21). It means that we COULD bring in the free agent that you mentioned, but it also means that our 25 man squad and our quota of non homegrown players would both be completely full.

With a full squad, what happens in January if we want to bring in Gomis, or want to include Raylor or Newton in our revised squad at the end of the Jan transfer window? Is JFK going to be capable of offloading the necessary number of players to make room for other players to come in? He didn’t do a very good job the first time around – I thought part of the reason he was appointed was to clear out some of the dead wood (Amalfitano, for example) as well as to bring new players in. His failure to do that first part of his job properly meant it was always going to be difficult, if not impossible, to complete the second part. It also helps to explain why, towards the end of the transfer window, we were directing our attention towards players like Thauvin, who were under 21.

• obatoyou

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:45 AM

check it out, rated us last lolz
    honestly, having kept all our players the last couple of years is a surprise, and so am hopeful, hope you are hopeful too

• Sydney Toon

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Well it didn’t take long for posters like Our Toon to come along and slate me for being an optimist.

Our Toon-you are welcome to your opinion, as am I. Regardless as to whether I sit in Sydney or Newcastle, I love our club and only want the best for it. I never said I was happy sitting by, but what can I do about it? You want me to join the picket lines do you?? Well name the time and place and I fly over and join you. I am just putting my two cents worth in to try and get some perspective on what is happening behind the scenes. Just because I can see business sense into what is going on, does not mean I accept it. It means that there is a reason for everything and we can only see what will happen. What if Ashley has a buyer lined up, do you really think us all heading to the picket lines or boycotting games will give a new buyer any confidence in buying us?? I seriously doubt it. Fair point on Leeds and Portsmouth, I admit it is getting old. I’m not praising Ashley other than our financial footing. I would have loved to see players like Lukaku, Moses and Borini come along, but there has to be something going on behind the scenes. Perhaps I am over thinking it, perhaps JFK is here to deflect blame from Ashley, maybe Pards is the ultimate puppet for Ash, but you have to admit, any person who has a multi-million dollar asset will only look to enhance it’s value. When it comes to clubs, the real value is the potential, we have this spades, it is just about a new owner coming along and seeing how they can enhance their investment. Forget about the Russian and arab toys, we need solid investment and solid growth. We are sitting idle, and it is only a matter of time till we start rolling back. I sense that MA can see this occurring sooner rather than later and will look to sell.

Jimmy
    Bud, always an optimist mate, even if my life is utter rubbish right now, I can only see a business being run not a football club. Whether we like it or not, there is something going on behind the scenes, I can sense it.

Chris
    Fair point, it could be an issue moving forward, could be why the Gosling move was cancelled?? Another conspiracy!

• cyprus

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Sydney et al,
    Yes, it’s nice to see balance on the blog. However, do you not think we really don’t need anyone more? We got rid of two first teamers and didn’t even replace those.
    Our football, bar 15′, has been terrible. I don’t know how old you are, but, if nothing else, NUFC pride ourselves in the way we play football. Pardew is not the innocent poor guy here. His team plays boring, largely ineffective football even if it’s populated with so many internationals. They never score from set plays!! A team which is 7th on the pay scale in the league should be doing better than hoping for moments of individual brilliance. AP? Guilty as charged.

• FatmanJoe

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Does anyone know why Artem Milevskiy has played so few games? I don’t know much about the player so I’m not criticizing… I’d take him over a big fat zero any day but seems a bit strange to have played so little.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Morning lads!

for me the biggest concern. is thhat we haven’t learned from last season or any season for that matter!

Last season was a huge disaster and it was evident that with injuries the fringe players and young players called upon were not good enough. Especially not in the numbers needed!

Alot of players should have been moved on this season – both sold and on loan and new ones should have been added!

And then there is the January window were failed to replace Ba; it seems we have failed to do so again!

How to we fix the problems from last season? We fire Llambias, keep Pardew and hire an incompetent DoF and we spend zero money on fixing the problem highlighted above!

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Alan Pardew Aug 23rd, From NUFC.com
    “We have to make sure we get one or two transfers over the line before deadline.”
    The sheer unadulterated flannel of this statement is even pronounced when one recalls Pardew’s message to the fans after avoiding relegation at the end of last season: “We’re very, very lucky to have the support that we got and therefore we owe them a debt next year to make sure that we serve up a better standard of football and better quality of results.”We showed we’ve got great players. We’ve had some performances out there which were top drawer. We know, in that(dressing) room, we’ve got 80 per cent of the team.”We still need to make sure we get two or three recruits in there which take us forward. If we can do that, they’ll grow as well, and we’ll be much, much better next year.”You hear managers taking about needing three players to make the perfect side – Arsene would probably say the same – but we genuinely, genuinely need a couple in that first team that complement the others.”

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Has anybody heard from billson yet, he must be fuming !

• ffgibbo

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Is there any truth in Ashley leaving, or is it all just wishfull thinking on our part??

• Sir Braveheart

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM

It was a very poor transfer window, but I still believe the squad is good enough to comfortably finish inbthe top half. Would I like more? Of course. Do I want to see us buy our way to success ala Chelsea or City? No.

I for one would not welcome a russian or arab billionaire because you know what, success wouldnt be earned it’d be bought. If the Man City owners had ploughed the same amount of money into Watford or Wolves they’d have had the same success. The club then becomes nothing more than a shell, a name under which arab billionaires buy trophies. Thats not for me.

I dont think we’ll win anything under Ashley, but the strong financial position he’s put us in means the next owners we have will stand a real good chance. Im willing to be more patient.

• check the toastie

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Pardew is a charlatan and is the reason why everbody is on such a downer, yes Ashley should have sacked him 8 months ago and yes Ashley has appointed good old Joe, however, if the team starts playing football equal to the talents of the squad, everything will be a little rosier in the garden.

The problem is Pardew and Ashley has clearly told him to improve the football on the pitch or he gets no signings, he has been given Sissoko, Remy, Gouffran, Yanga Mbiwa, Debuchy and Haidara over the last two windows and we have lost nobody of any worth.

People need to vent their anger at the manager he is responsible for getting the team to play good football and over the last 6 months it has been dreadful.

Hopefully Pardew will be able to resist bring Tiote and Gutti back into the side as they will get him the sack, if the results are bad, he will be replaced and money will be given to a new manager.

Our First team is superb in my eyes it just needs the right coaching and gameplan, hopefully we can go on from the Fulham Game, we seemed to be making some intent on playing decent football.

PARDEW OUT

• HullMag6

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:08 AM

We will be better than last season with effectively the same personnel as they will be fitter and hopefully sharper thanks to Ms Downey.

I will remain patient with the team but not our esteemed owner. I forsee another relegation dogfight – I hope I’m wrong.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Check,
    You’re full of sh!te, why did he not back him then give him an eight year contract then, if he was so bothered about the football surely he would have waited six months before handing out such a ridiculous contract.

• Ian Toon

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Good Morning to all the realistic and optimistic fans out there.
    Sydney Toon @ 2
    Many thanks i appreciate your comments. I could not have put it any better my self.
    HWTL.

• cyprus

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:18 AM

If a company isn’t doing well, the first thing to do is to change the management, not the owners. The latter is a desperate action and often a jump into the abyss. In any case, that takes time.

We must focus on management now. Can AP (and JFK whatever his role is) get us playing football? Can we compete against giants like Norwich and Southampton?

Ten games. If the answer is no, then surely AP will be out.

Check, not sure if your pet hates is the reason. We play dross without those internationals you mentioned.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Sir Braveheart,
    Better financial footing for the next owner ? We’re 50M more in debt than when he took over.

• Sir Braveheart

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:23 AM

@JFA

Source for that?

• naptoon

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Sydney
    Seriously …. Judge ash after next summer he’s been here for years man the verdicts out …. He’s a Cnut and needs to get out of our club the hungry fcuk

• gus3232

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:24 AM

carlton cole gone back to west ham,amazing how many times teams release a player but then sign bk on b4 season starts

anyway i probs would have had him over shola,any1 but him,13 years heard number 23 shola ameobi and sick of it

pardew said their was nothing better than what we have got,HE TRYING TO SAY SHOLA BETTER THAN LUKAKU,

pardew has not get any balls and says what he is told to say coz he wouldnt get a better job,would have more respect for him and sure we all would if he wasnt a little fcukin brown nose

• Ian Toon

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Repost
    It’s not so much what managers say as why they say it. Pardew is no different. He will be aggreived not to have strengthened the depth and quality of the squad but relieved that the likes of Cabaye, Krul,
    Coloccini and HBA are still on board.

We do have a strong best starting eleven and no demands of Europa League to meet but can we have a relatively injury( to our better players) free season as per the season before last.

Cabaye, in a World Cup season will want to do well and fans should recognise just how influential he can be to the team performance.

JK’s non transfer transfer dealings have not helped Pardew’s needs whether he admits to it or not. However let’s not forget that five players Debuchy, Haidara, Moussa Sissoko, Yanga-Mbiwa and Gouffy signed in January.

No further signings now provide Dummett and Sammy Ameobi with opportunities they might not have got.

That’s glossing over a right JK debacle with Pardew being widely seen by media and fans alike as having been hung out to dry. He could well , share such sentiments but he cannot afford to convey such feelings to the players. Confidence is all important to a player and the team as a whole have to believe that Pardew anticipates a productive season from the squad as formulated. He needs to work in training on imposing his vision of play.

This will certainly be helped by the new fitness programme of the conditioning coach Faye Downey. Work is still in progress, towards getting Tiote to stop collecting yellow cards and instead play at the level of the season before last. Cisse with Remy linking well in the last quarter of the Fulham game indicates the increase in pace and movement likely to enhance his game.

Anita looks to have learnt how to compete in the PL and Sissoko provides what looks an excellent balance to a midfield which with Cabaye’s range of passing is for me the best way forward in the vital area of midfield.

It’s not all doom and gloom. The much improved fluent passing and general lack of long ball play against Fulham suggests that there is a better way and maybe we’ve found it.

Enjoy your day . It doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom in my opinion.