The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Youngster – I’m Not Leaving – I’ll Fight For My Place

11:06 am, Thursday, September 5th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 152 Comments

We have very high hopes that 19 year-old Gael Bigirimana will make it big on Tyneside, and the defensive midiflder looked a very good young player last season, when he appeared 25 times for the Newcastle first team, after signing on for just £1M last summer.

Gael Bigirimana

Gael Bigirimana - in action at Morecambe

But with competition from Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Gosling and Anita in central midfield, it could be more difficult for the former Coventry player to get much playing time this season, especially since we will have far less games.

But one thing is certain, and that’s that Gael wants to stay on Tyenside and fight for his place, and of course he will only get better as he is developed by Newcastle.

This is what Gael said in the local papers today:

“People can say it’s best for me to go on loan, but I’m not going anywhere.” “I’m going to stay here. I’m going to be patient, and I’m going to work my socks off.”

“I showed last year that I didn’t look out of place in the big games. That’s not being big-headed. That’s how I feel I did.” “So I’m not going on loan. My target this season is to fight.”

“You never know how the season can change.” “Patience is the key. In football you’ve got to be patient. You’ve got to stay fit and keep working in training.”

Gael did play in the League Cup win at Morecambe last week, and he played the full 90 minutes and it seemed to us that Newcastle’s extra fitness – probably due to the skills of Faye Downey, allowed us to win fairly comfortably in the end 2-0.

But Morecambe were all over us in that first half, which was  just a little bit scary.

Gael talked about that game:

“It was just a really good feeling to get the win,” “It was a major win, and I’m really glad we got the three points.”  “It was tough. Those games are always tough, but thank God we’ve got through that round.”

“That was a good win the players and most importantly for the club.”  “You’ve just got to be focused. The first half was tough. They gave everything as they wanted to stay in the game as long as they could.”

“In the second half, they couldn’t keep that same energy. Once they started getting tired, that’s when we started showing our quality.” “If you give a good side space, they will use it really well.”

“They will use it to punish you.”

It’s a very good attitude Bigi has and he has confidence in his own abilities, which is also important for any player,  but we just hope he can get enough playing time at Newcastle this season.

If he doesn’t  play much by say  January,  maybe he should be sent out on loan to a Championship club.

The player is still young ,  but he needs first team games to develop into a top Newcastle player of  the future – hopefully.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Gael Bigirimana · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Newcastle Youth

152 responses so far ↓

• 1 Rotonda heights // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Under Pardew that headline’s probably true!

• 2 Thump // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Out of all our youth players, Bigi is by far the one I’ve got high hopes for. He’s 19 and has shown that he can push the first team. Christ, there’s lineups where I’d sooner see him start than Tioté.

Flicking through some old videos on YouTube… does anybody remember the last time we had a great cup run? No? Remember this interview? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• 3 jeff // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM

thump,poos or wees?

• 4 Belfast // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM

He needs to go out on loan.

Ferguson is doing well at Birmingham and looks a better player already, he’s looked really good in the last couple of international games.

• 5 Toon Tang // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM

really good video this. its called ‘to mike ashley’

put it in your vision holes and see for yourself

• 6 outsidethebox // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM

TO ANYONE STILL CONFUSED…
    my take is mike bought nufc for about 150 mill plus 100 mill in loans that fred had hidden….mike hasn,t put any money in not a £1 …nufc now have a single loan of £140 mill which mike has to guarantee as owner ….mike wants to sell club so has to reduce debt which he can only do by reducing playing staff …..@14 players left or on loan….mike will take as much as he can from club and hopes to run as arsenal ie self funding ….no one in unless one out to balance books (jfk,s remit ) lambarse was told either fall on sword and dont talk to press and get payout or you will be sacked….SIMPLES…pardew has to make the best he can….unless he wants to resign i wouldn,t either

• 7 Transfer Sage // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM

it’s a good attitude from bigi but for his development he needs regular football and the club should really encourage him to get out on loan.

• 8 G // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

@TS, fair comment mate, but I think he is ready to come on for the last 20 mins in games and get a run now. This lad is going places. I wouldn’t be to upset to see him starting, certainly in the cup games, but in the prem as well, once the injuries, suspensions, and dummy spits kick in.

• 9 low fell mag // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Good player , looking forward to see the younger lads pushing on .Dunnett ,Sammy Gosling. Campbell.
    Hopefully we can gradually blend these lads into the first team.
    Some good young lads knocking on the door.

• 10 Transfer Sage // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

G

Yeh thats true, i dont worry about him getting game time but in a central role he is behind cabaye, sissoko, anita, tiote and probably going off recent selection jonas.

I’d much rather him get 90 mins a week in the championship than 20 mins every other week with us.

• 11 Our Toon // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

The loan is £130m and as someone has quite rightly stated that is the only investment made to the club, but £40m of that loan wasn’t for debts etc it was the hit we took from relegation that season. Through mismanagement Ashley has already lost £40m hence spending in Jan with the money left over from Carroll deal, he still has loose change left on that as well.

This guy doesn’t care about Newcastle but sports direct has grown very quickly n other emerging markets which is why he bought the toon…..the perfect marketing tool. Some on here still think he’s a good owner….yes for SD he is but for us it is bloody useless mismanagement which gets him and SD in papers meaning more free advertising for brand SD!! Boycott!!

• 12 Thump // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM

@jeff: I’d probably go for wee. I could move to Germany and be a popular late night television personality.

@outsidethebox: Interesting but it’s well publicised that Ashley has loaned the club money secured against TV fees. Whether those loans are transfer fees or operating expenditure, we’ll probably never know. He also had to put money in for old transfers that were still unpaid plus operating costs in the Championship etc. Also, FFS couldn’t have hidden any loans (from him to the club, I mean) as the club was floated on the stock market and Ashley bought the shares from the board with FFS and SJH being the majority shareholders. Now he could have hidden loans from the bank but I don’t think there was ever any active denial of that. The finances that are available online is proof of this.

• 13 toon1707 // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Anybody else notice he says it was really good to get the 3 points I thought the cup was a knockout competition lol

• 14 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I’ve always been impressed with Biggie and hope he can go on to become an intergeral part of this squad, he’s got a great attitude and looks to be a natural fighter

• 15 outsidethebox // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM

thump
    Whether those loans are transfer fees or operating expenditure, we’ll probably never know(take a wild guess ). He also had to put money in for old transfers that were still unpaid plus operating costs in the Championship etc. …he is only guaranteeing loan its not his money .. …he didn,t put it in as to reason why debt is now £140 mill..where is all money from sports direct advertising …why isn,t sports direct on shirts ? believe what you like ..i know what my view is and i wont buy at sports direct ..support the team….. if you have to protest do it against mike not nufc

• 16 Transfer Sage // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM

jack

Same, I really like the lad. Good attitude and work ethic (from what i see on the pitch and his comments). I just think a full season, playing an important role in a team, he would benefit more than the odd cameo for us.

• 17 james589 // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Bigi is a good player, one of our brightest youth prospects for sure. Although someone should tell him that you don’t get 3 points for winning a cup game…

• 18 Transfer Sage // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM

outside

Really shocked he hasn’t tried to get sports direct on shirts….you know how some european clubs do with front and back sponsors…would have thought he’d have tried to get that into some deal.

• 19 kira13th // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM

We should keep him…I think he can be good player

• 20 Ben3arfa // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:55 AM

SIGN THE PETITION !!!

Petitioning Mike Ashley

Mike Ashley: Sell Newcastle United Football Club.

• 21 outsidethebox // Sep 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM

thump…
    it was well publicised at the time of takeover that ashley hadn,t realised that the loans were as large ..he complained to fred about this and was told it was his fault as he hadn,t done due diligence properly …yes i was shareholder ..out of interest .as well as being a financial expert were you ?.

• 22 Belfast // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Oh I’m sure the sports direct logo will find there way on to our shirts at some stage. I was surprised he didn’t try and put them on the Rangers shirts this season tbh

• 23 A monkey is better then Pardew // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

In response to that article a about Newcastle expectations being low and being a surprised side…

Coming 17th will be a real surprise for me. We’d be lucky to achieve that.

• 24 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Transfer Sage

Yeah mate, any player that openly wants to fight for a place at this club is someone who I will always welcome and back with open arms.

When he stood in for Tiote he was really impressive and Tiote wasn’t missed which say’s a lot for such a young player who had only just made the step up to the Premier League

• 25 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Belfast

It’s only a matter of time with Rangers, the iconic ‘Ibrox Stadium’ will be changed before long as Ashley owns the naming rights plus the sponsorship rights to the club.

But I can’t see him getting away with it up there as he’s done down here

• 26 Belfast // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM

There was actually talk of Rangers re naming the stadium a while back Butler. Don’t think it would go down to well if it was re named the sports direct arena lol

• 27 fatman // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM

outsidethebox

Sport
    Football

Ashley ‘to sell’ Newcastle share

Share 0
    inShare0

Simon Burnton
    The Guardian, Tuesday 21 August 2007

Just two months after he completed a deal to buy the club, Mike Ashley is rumoured to be considering an offer to sell Newcastle United, with reports in Iceland yesterday suggesting that they could soon become the second Premier League club to fall under Icelandic control.

The daily Morgunsbladid newspaper reported that Jon Asgeir Johannesson and Palmi Haraldsson had already started negotiations with Ashley over a deal to buy “a large share” in the club, with a price of £135m mentioned. Ashley spent £133m to buy the club in June, and invested a further £30m last week to refinance some of Newcastle’s £80m debt.

Johannesson is CEO of the Baugur Group, a company that started in 1989 when he and his father opened a supermarket in Reykjavik. He has already bought one British institution, having taken control of the London toy shop Hamleys in a £59m deal four years ago.

In 2004 he bought the Big Food Group whose brands, fittingly, include the supermarket chain Iceland, in a joint deal with Haraldsson’s investment vehicle, Fons Eignarhaldsfelag, which usually specialises in property and travel. The two have been friends for over 20 years. Asked about the rumours, Haraldsson was noncommittal. “Newcastle is a great club with a great manager,” he said, “and I have been a fan for a long time.”

Earlier this month Chris Mort, who took over as Newcastle’s chairman in July, insisted that Ashley was not planning a rapid resale. “The plan is to develop [the club] over a lengthy period of time, not turn things around quickly and sell it on again,” he said. “We are here for the long term.”

West Ham United were bought by a consortium led by the Icelandic banker Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson last year.

• 28 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Nice to read some support from Harley earlier while I was getting some work done!

I guess that’s one reason it would be interesting to have a vote up/down option on the blog. One person trying to shout someone down doesn’t counteract an equally passionate fan who doesn’t have the time or inclination to jump into the discussion.

I just wish that some of those with more extreme views would realise that it doesn’t matter how much you shout your opinion and insult others who disagree, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re right!

• 29 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM

ToonDarnSarf

This blog isn’t about voting post’s up or down, it’s simply about people expressing their views/opinions on the club that they love and not some points scroring system

• 30 kizza // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM

YOU LOT…
    MIKE ASHLEY IS NOT A BAD OWNER. WE HAVE KEPT OUR GOOD PLAYERS….HAVENT WE?

IS IT HIS FAULT THAT HE HAS INVESTED IN A QUALITY FIRST TEAM…BUT THEY CANT PERFORM TOGETHER?

Yes he could sack pardew….but he is informed that stabilty is a good thing. Its his money. Just support the players. Jeeeeuzzz

• 31 Wiz // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM

outsidethebox – there are many things about Arsenal to admire, in particular the way they have declined to follow the plutocratic clubs in terms of wages. But they are not self-financing, even at the Emirates. It will take them a while to finance Ozil, for a start. Ashley has put in money to our club, but is getting it all back as a point of principle. He never loses money on any business venture. I think the loan in 2012 was down to £130m but it is bound to be below £100m now. It will take a long time for him to get it down to nothing, but he is going to sell shortly (logic tells me so, though I have no special information) to someone who will pay off his loan account. People who say it is a cash cow for him and why would he sell don’t focus on the terms of the sale Ashley will want. He will get all the money he wants, just quicker. He doesn’t like being the owner of Newcastle, and just wants to get out. There are better and faster ways of making money than owning a football club. In the meantime supporter protests will focus his mind.

• 32 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM

JackButler

I’m not suggesting it should be a points scoring system, though I appreciate that others might do.

I like the polls because everyone has a chance to answer them too, but I don’t think they always ask the questions that I want to ask.

As I don’t live in Newcastle any more, I don’t get to have regular chats with Toon fans in the pub or at work like I used to. So this is my main place to judge the mood.

My point is that it would be interesting to know what many readers think of posts that are made on here rather than just those who want to get involved in a discussion.

• 33 yo-yo // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I hope Bigi makes if as he seems to have the right attitude and head screwed on.

There was talk of Ibrox being renamed recently but the Rangers Board troubles are the key problem just now as there is a power struggle and Mash has been very quiet about which side he is on.

I’m in favour of action to let the Owner know his custodianship of the club is strongly disapproved of by a substantial minority of fans – if not a majority.
    As I can’t get to SJP and will NEVER by from SD am out of it directly.
    My feeling is that IF attendances dropped to say 35,000 and possibly below 40,000 the alarm bells would be ringing. It only needs one or two games below that figure (the lower the better for one game) and there will be massive publicity for the cause of regime change.
    But it still won’t shift him till he’s good and ready. I’m not sure an oiligarch would be any better. What we need is a substantial % of the club owned by the fans – 10 % plus would be a good start but that cannot happen the way the business is configured right now.

I DO NOT believe fans who don’t support revolutionary action are traitors unlike Beattie – each to his own

• 34 Wiz // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM

ToonDarnSarf is boring me now.

• 35 fatman // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM

outsidethebox

you cant hide debt if you knew anything about accountancy you would know that the accounts always shows debt if you hide it (commit fraud) you go to jail, is Freddie in jail, has he been banned from becoming a director, have you heard of a company called Enron.

its rather tiresome constantly repeating but you cant hide debt, you cant even talk someone into thinking you have no debt.
    I could spend 30 second looking at any companies books, to see what the current financial state of the company is. and as far as dew diligence goes its just to examine the books to see who owes what to home & any thing like guarantees, secured against loans.

• 36 Rainrix // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM

TDS….. There was a up vote down vote system a long while back. Obviously didn’t work out. I agree with JB it would turn into an annoying point scoring system of “haha i have 12 up votes you have 5, your argument is invalid” etc. To be fair this blog is bad enough for people trying to score points over each other each other as it is.

• 37 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM

ToonDarnSarf

There are plenty of forums and blogs where that can be done and the data collated, this blog always has been and hopefully always will be about an individuals opinion. Whether others agree with it or not is dealt with by the interaction on here.

As for gauging the mood, that is also taken care of by the differing opinions you get on here

• 38 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Rainrix

You might be right. It would be frustrating if people used the vote to claim to be right. There is no right and wrong on most points on this blog, that’s the whole point of football!

I can be pretty confident that most people will say that Cisse is a better striker than Shola, but I bet you’ll find some deluded soul who thinks that Shola is actually better for some bizarre reason…

• 39 Big Pappa Cissé // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM

@ kizza

Come off it man FFS, you must be the only NUFC fan in the world happy with Ashley here.

Yeas we kept our best players. So did Southampton, Norwich, Palace and others. Only difference is they spent money as well.

• 40 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM

JackButler

I guess there’s no ideal system. It can be a little frustrating though when a balanced discussion turns crazy when a few people with fixed and more extreme views jump in and start using insults and false information. It isn’t fair on the rest of the people on the blog who want to read passionate but fair comments.

As for the mood, it’s obviously very divided! There are some very passionate people who are anti Ashley, Pardew and JFK and most fans are either dissatisfied or just unimpressed with the current situation. But I’ll still be very surprised if people manage to organise a concerted campaign against the owner.

• 41 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:53 PM

ToonDarnSarf

When the insults start flowing it’s time to simply ignore those throwing them around.

As for the organised campaign against Ashley – Well that’s coming as people have simply had enough and are now banding together to force a change, it’s picking up pace with every passing day.

You can only push so far before people start to push back and Ashley has past that point and the true owners of NUFC are saying ‘No more’

• 42 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM

kizza

Even I have to say that I don’t think you understand why fans are unhappy with Mike Ashley. Sure, there are extreme views but from a fan who has been accused of being a Mike Ashley fan, here are the reasons people are rightly unhappy:
    – bought the club and claimed to have a plan to return us to the CL but we’re nowhere near
    – poor communication with the fans
    – fell out with club legends KK and Shearer
    – hires his mates who do not appear to be the best men for the job (Wise, Kinnear, Pardew, Kinnear AGAIN)
    – has his cronies talk up the plans for the transfer window but they don’t come through
    – gets the squad so close to being able to push on to the next level but doesn’t make that extra step (IMO this year that would be a big strong striker)

• 43 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM

JackButler

I just hope that it’s done in the right way. I’d be happy to be involved if I was up in Newcastle more often but it’s a long way to go and costs a damn fortune every time I come up!

• 44 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM

ToonDarnSarf

It has to be done in the right way and it will be otherwise we alienate ourselves and look like nothing but fools spoiling for a fight it’s got to the point when former players are now on board.

Ashley has burnt all his bridges and the chance of being lauded by the Newcastle public has been shattered instead he’s made himself public enemy number one

• 45 scottoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM

The view from here….

The dust is starting to settle, and so is the mood a bit it seems. Have to say my anger is cooling off a little. I look at the side, and we do have quality. We do have some decent competition for spots. If we stay injury free ( a big ask) we could surprise, but the truth is that this lot is underperforming grossly. So there is something wrong. I think we can all slate Pardew for being tactically naïve. Change is needed.

In the early to mid nineties, we had a very vibrant supporters club in Toronto. I remember watching the likes of Ginola, Ferdinand, Albert, Warren Barton, Asprilla…..on and on…..before Shearer…..watching on dodgy satellite feeds in packed pubs. Packed because the Toon was respected and admired. Not just ex pats, but Canadians like me who fell in love with the swashbuckling style that Keegan bred into the side. We were proud to be the Toon Army in Toronto.

Here in Canada, and North America, your mates are as likely to be ManU, or Chelsea, or Arse supporters because it is football that is our common bond here. We don’t know “one city, one club, one love” We get together to play, enjoy a pint, and a match, regardless of the colour of our tops. In years past, my black and white was admired. We had the respect of our friends.

In the early 2000′s things started downhill. People would laugh at some of the things we were doing as a club…some of the players bought, the managerial go round….but they still admired and respected us.

Now, when I am at the pub, or at a local match, and I talk Newcastle, people are likely to offer condolences. Ashley hasn’t made us a laughing stock. He’s made us worse than that….a side only worthy of pity.

Our local supporters clubs are falling on hard times. No young kid wants to jump on our bandwagon. The sport is more popular than ever here, but you will never see a young lad in black and white. This is no way to grow an international brand. Success is what sells, and sadly, even a mid table performance (what I’d give for that) wont do anything to restore our pride and respect.

But damn it, I love this club, through hell and high water!

HOWAY!!

• 46 kizza // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Yes…but look at our best players compared to theirs. They are merely trying to catch up with our first 11 quality

• 47 John Tudor // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM

then why are we not performing to a top ten side

• 48 Ian Toon // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I am an enthusiast for total liberty of expression which embraces Jack Butler, ToonDarnSarf and yo-yo. I’ve learned a lot from some of their posts as well as others and spend a good deal of time ploughing through, sifting wheat from chaff. Is it worth it because effort it is.

In nufc down times the chaff can clogg the whole medium. Sheer nastiness not accompanied by any argument makes for a dispiriting and boring read. Like any social media site many regulars are toon thoughtful fanatics but we have our fair share of embittered nutters.
    These posters are not representative of ordinary toon fans that I encounter in my daily life and especially when watching the toon.

Ed Harrison, is right that some posters will be nasty and create
    mischief and some of us will all keep caring even when we shouldn’t,
    and nothing will ever change.

The question is does the presumed shield of web anonymity make a poster feel emboldened to say the unpleasant things they honestly believe ? Or inexplicably that they are free to pretend to be tasty when they actually aren’t . Possibly thinking the thoughts but not expressing them in a pre- internet age.

It is always interesting to image how certain posters are but often disturbing when you actually believe you’ve identified someone in the real world. The style and humour suggesting a guy in his 20′s only to
    find that he’s 45 going on 50. Still toon fans come in all shapes and sizes.

Much of the doom and gloom that pervades over the blog and the talk of boycotts and the like will simply go away if we can put a run of point gaining games together.

• 49 SharpEnough23 // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Scott so true! I don’t live in Newcastle and have supported them since the early nineties and back then I would never be questioned as to why I support them.

but recently when I’m out wearing my toon top I’m frequently asked WHY newcastle….. Speaks volumes,

• 50 ronjohno // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I have just read that Pardew is excited to have Obertan back to fitness.JEEZ
    Is it any wonder we get peed off with this blokes gob everyday God sends.
    I wish he would just simply SHUT THE F UP as he just does nothing but contradict himself time and time again.I wish he would “rewind” and watch some of his smarmy interviews on TV or listen to the ones he makes on radio.Maybe he would then get a grip.
    It was good to see the Chron and Journal finally speaking up for us this week Not before time and it did at last show that both papers are not ass lickers after all.

• 51 Ian Toon // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Sharp- At least your not accused of being a glory hunter.

• 52 kizza // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Because they cant perform together. But thats not Mike Ashleys fault.

Individually…most of our players would do well in most sides. Thats not a coincidence. And who paid for these players…Mike Ashley.

My girlfriend says im tight with money… im not…im just not going to throw money at her to keep her happy. I spend wisely and wont budge til I find i a great price for something I know will last a good few years.

Mike is the same. He will invest in players when he is absolutely sure about the quality, need, and the right price. Even if it means waiting.

• 53 Big Pappa Cissé // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM

@ kizza

Therefore we are standing still and they are gaining on us.

• 54 Tinman // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM

The best add on for Firefox/Chrome/Explorer ever? It’s called ad blocker, it blocks every advert, anyone who gets sick of all the adverts on this site I advise you download it.
    Just thought I would share that with everyone, because they don’t half piss me off.

Toon Tang, its a decent video, got a lot of hits for a video of its style.

Ben3Arfa, already signed it mate! Fear online petitions like that will do sweet bugger all though.

• 55 bollance // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Why????!!!!!!

He won’t even get on the bench. We have a very strong midfield. I think even gosling and vuckic are ahead of him in the pecking order.

• 56 kizza // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM

And with the striker arguement… we tried.

• 57 Tinman // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM

kizza is the same as Ashley!
    KIZZA OUT!!

• 58 expatmag // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM

G/Day guys

Everybody happy today?

• 59 scottoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Ian – I agree that a good run would be tonic for what ails. But it will only be temporary. I think what we all know now is that the current hierarchy cares less about performance and more about the coffers. But it is a delicate balancing act if you want to be a top side as well. Investment is needed just to stand still. We have not done that. Ashley has invested in dodgy yes men who cant get the job done. Change, and wholesale change at that, is desperately needed. The supporters know that, and are now angry enough to try and force that change.

• 60 kizza // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Remy was a step forward though. We would have had to sell a good player to buy one. And who in our starting 11 would you lot have sold without some complaints … apart from jonas. Within our price budget there are not many players who would join us who are better thsn our current 11

• 61 Tinman // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM

On the article, I admire his confidence and determination but I don’t think sticking around is the best thing for him at the moment.
    He will be a great player eventually in my opinion. He just isn’t quite there yet. Still very young.
    CM is probably our strongest position, I think if he had the same quality but played in any other position he would get chances in our team.
    Unfortunately we don’t have the Europa League this year, so there will be even less chances than last year. If he goes to a championship club he should be going to one who is pushing for promotion.

• 62 kizza // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Tinman…ok I hold my hands up. I laughed at that

• 63 Tinman // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM

kizza, at least we can still try and have some fun!

• 64 scottoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Kizza – you’re buying the propoganda mate!!

• 65 toon kk // Sep 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM

There’s one question people have to ask them self, do you really think we have a quality squad?
    Imo we have a very average one, three or four might get a chance of coming off the bench at one of the top four clubs. So we shouldn’t expect too much and with MA digging his heels in the transfer market 14th area is a more realistic target.
    So don’t expect to much lads especially with our hoofball manager.

• 66 scottoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Toon kk – I do believe we have real quality in the side but that quality is psychologically crippled by the obvious messages being delivered by Ashley, and their on field performance is being crippled by a substandard tactician. I think this side has bundles of potential but it won’t be realized with this hierarchy.

• 67 scottoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Still, with the right management, this group is likely only capable of about 7th. We needed investment to push on. With the current management, I see us around 14th. I don’t believe we are relegation fodder, but it will be too close for comfort, like last year.

• 68 expatmag // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM

After getting the disappointment of the window out of my mind, I decided to look at things philosophically.

Pros

1. Despite the lack of quality at times, we have had a reasonable start to the season, if you discount the MC result which we all expected to lose.

2. There were signs against Fulham that the team is starting to get its act together and I was impressed with the defence in particular.

3. A fit Remy will be a big asset to the team and f his combination with Cisse wprks, we could see a hatful of goals with Cisse back to his best.

4. Less games hopefully will mean less injuries and therefore more stability and results should follow.

5. We have virtually a full squad to pick from with the exception of Raylor and Tiote at present which is something Pardew rarely had last season.

6. Some of our youngsters have performed reasonably well in the limited chances they have had so far whilst we have a further 9 kids out on loan getting decent experience which can only be beneficial.

7. Finances are stable and probably the healthiest in the PL for obvious reasons. If we are showing signs of struggle by January, I fully expect Ashley to buy a couple pf players to stave off relegation battles.

Cons

1. Pardews tactics to date have been miserable although there were signs against Fulham that he was getting it right particularly in the last 15 minutes.

2. Obviously the lack of business in the window affects fans and possibly player confidence but Ashley and Co have made no secret of their self sustainability plans and therefore the sell to buy policy as well as bringing our own kids through is their wayh of running the club.

3. A lack of ambition and interest from the owner appears to be obvious and is this portraying itself to the players as it seems to be to the fans.

4. Communication breakdown and blatant lies to the fans and contradictory comments os a major con.

5. JFK and his role at the club. We want to know what it is.

In truth, I don’t think we are any worse off than most clubs outside the top 6 and certainly better off than many.

Mid table position in the league and possible decent cup runs beckon.

• 69 Tinman // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

A good manager could get our first team pushing for Europa again this year, but the top 6 or 7 have really strengthened this year.
    Thing is in football, especially the premier league, things go wrong, you get injuries, you need squad depth. We don’t have that.
    Our players don’t need to perform brilliant week in week out, noone is breathing down their necks threatening their positions.

We have a good XI.
    A poor squad.

• 70 Tinman // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Overall I agree with Scottoon with regards to the quality of our squad and what to expect from this season.

• 71 bosamuelson // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM

@ Kizza, comment 30

I agree, and plus I wouldn’t spend any frigging money to entertain people that hate on me.

All you Ashley out people are shooting themselves in the foot. Not a massive fan of either MA, AP or JK but MA is not going to sell because 1) the MA out campaign and the rest of these like minded people tell him too, and 2) because he now (I would guess) is only interested in making a profit and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Really, none of you make a positive difference for the club, damaging if nothing else, he aint gonna spend money because you shout abuse at him.

Why don’t you guys try an experiment until Christmas. Totally do the opposite to what you are doing now, sing his name, have a bit of fun with it of course but don’t make it abusive, get behind the team, the board and the manager and really go for it. I bet you, 1) it will leave us higher up the table come Christmas and 2) much much much more likely to encourage MA to put his hand in his pocket in the Jan. window.

As Kizza said he is not a ‘bad’ owner, but he could be molded in to and awesome owner.

Deaf ears I know, but can’t do much more from a small lab in the outskirts of a northern Finnish town.

• 72 bosamuelson // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Meant to read:

“As Kizza said he is not a ‘bad’ owner, but he could be molded into an awesome owner.”

• 73 wolfshead@toon // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM

bosa

pmsl :-)

• 74 wolfshead@toon // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM

i will give ashley a clean slate if he puts his face on camera and tells us his plans for the future

• 75 DS_NUFC // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM

hi guys do anyone know if harpers charity match will be broadcasted on tv or will they be any links available for that night

• 76 Ian Toon // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

There is something terribly wrong with our academy system. For Ashley’s master plan of self sufficiency we need a conveyor belt of young talent looking to force their way into the squad and team. Wasn’t it to have a shake up on the coaching staff or have I missed an announcement?

Despite talk of investment in the academy players and the priority to be given to the development squad this shows little return. The Europa provided the opportunity for many but it took the Brighton cup game for the realisation that aside from Dummett the cupboard was bare. The likes of Ferguson, Tavernier and Abeid looked light years away from being PL quality.

At least were now getting players out on loan to gain experience at a higher level than the under 21 development league. If our better players are to be sold we need quality in- house replacements and aside from Bigi and Sammy there are few around waiting to step up.

• 77 bosamuelson // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

@73 :D

@74 It is a start ;)

• 78 Tinman // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM

DS, dunno mate. I’m going to I don’t care ;)

• 79 toonincheek // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Serious question -
    What is the prize money at the end of the season for 8th place?
    Ditto 5th and 6th places?
    I reckon our current squad is definitely good enough for 8th place.
    So, all things being equal, how much would we have to have spent in the summer on new players to be good enough for 5th or 6th place?

• 80 Toon Tang // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

i bet ozil has to be proper careful when he sneezes like

• 81 AmeobiTheMackemSlayer // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I think Bigirimana should be given more starts in the first team. He’s comfortable on the ball and his range of passing is excellent for someone so young. Then problem is that Pardew is afraid to play the youngsters. Rodgers at Liverpool has Wisdom, Sterling, Flanagan and Ibe all in the match day squad yet we rarely have anyone except Sammy and Dummett this season who could be considered a youngster. This team I feel is our strongest:

—————————- Krul ———————————-
    Santon ——- Mapou ——- Coloccini ——– Dummett
    ——————– Bigirimana —— Cabaye —————-
    ——- Ben Arfa ——– Sissoko ———- Gouffran ——-
    —————————– Rémy ——————————

• 82 Himanshu Dhingra // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Lambert and Welbeck tomorrow for England Sturridge out!

• 83 Rainrix // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM

DS-NUFC…. It wont be on national TV. Most likely nufc tv will broadcast it to members or show highlights but that’ll be about it.

• 84 Himanshu Dhingra // Sep 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Sissoko is one of the Best DMs around why do peple want him attacking?

• 85 kizza // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Toonincheek. I believe you get an additional 750 thousand per league place. So thats 9 million for finishing 8th.

• 86 Tinman // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Himanshu, I agree, loved him bombing forwards later on in Fulham game

• 87 SharpEnough23 // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Toon tang… genius! Images of his eyes just popping out ahaha

• 88 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Good afternoon folks!

…If I were Bigi I would definitely go out on loan – I would even ask to be loaned out!

…that goes for Vuckic as well. Look at players like Cleverly, Lukaku or what erver his name is and Wilshere to name a few. It has done wonders for them :-)

I would even loan out Big fat Mike and Kinnear as well if I could ;-) maybe it could do wonders for them as well! lol

• 89 Toon Tang // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

sharp – hahah rolling all over the floor struggling to pick them up and hooof , titus bramble sticks boot in on one of ‘em

• 90 toon kk // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM

When ever we play with one striker he becomes almost redundant with no service and living on scraps, I can’t see the point to be honest.

• 91 archaeomag // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM

@Capt Lemon
    Loaning out JFK – Genius

• 92 DokToon // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM

scott @ 45

being in texas, you couldnt have said it any better… 90% of the people dotn even recognize our shirt…. i still wear all of mine though…

• 93 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I second archaemags call there….Jesper, pure gold mate. Let both Mike and Joe learn their trades at another club :)

• 94 DokToon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM

kizza,

enjoying the koolaid, are you?

• 95 DokToon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

ibiza, jeesper, good mornign lads,

if you loan them out, try chivas in the MLS, talk about a effed up club there…

• 96 DokToon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM

i mean mikey and joey, the two new bandmates in “any direction” lol…

• 97 OhSholaAmeobi // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Good News & Bad News.

Good News:

According to physioroom, Obertan, Williamson, Tiote and Jonas should all be back for the next game.

Bad News:

The above means that Jonas will probably start.

• 98 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM

This is going to be mint.

Bartons returning.

• 99 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM

OhSholaAmeobi

If either Jonas or Tiote walk straight back into the starting 11 then Pardew needs to be sacked for gross misconduct.

• 100 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Toonincheek

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. The financial incentive to finishing 5th or 6th isn’t really worth the investment (from Ashley’s perspective) that it would take to get there. You can tell that by the amount of money that all the top 6 have spent, they are all desperate to get into the CL and only 4 of them will do so.

Sad but true.

• 101 archaeomag // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:12 PM

We should loan JFK to MK Dons. .

• 102 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I hope we get a full house for Harper.

I’v got a feeling it won’t be far off.

• 103 OhSholaAmeobi // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Jack

I’d take bets on it. He’ll go defensive with being away to Aston Villa and them being a pacy team.

• 104 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM

By the way, I don’t come on here fishing for compliments but given the amount of flak that I’ve taken for counteracting some of the more extreme views, it’s always nice to read that some people appreciate my posts.

I want success as much as the rest of you and I’d love to see a more ambitious owner, manager and DoF at the club but it’s important that change isn’t just for the sake of change.

If you believed what some people say about me, I’d be a lover of Ashley, Pardew, JFK and the rest who is happy for mediocrity as long as we make profits. Complete bullsh*t of course, so it’s nice to know that some people get it.

• 105 archaeomag // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM

@Ibiza
    AP took his holiday in Ibiza, [cornered at airport by supporters], I am disappointed you did not tell us about this.

• 106 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM

ToonDarnSarf

You’ve missed the point there, the financial investment that was called for this summer was never about getting into the top 6, it was needed to improve on last seasons debacle, to strengthen the squad so that injuries don’t decimate us again to the point where we flirt with relegation again.

No one’s asking for hundreds of millions to be spent, just enough so that we continue to grow and move in the right direction, just like all the other clubs are doing

• 107 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:18 PM

OhSholaAmeobi

No doubt they will get back into the team and thats why we will never achieve anything under him

• 108 archaeomag // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM

@JackB
    I’m coming round to the idea that he is planning to sell so is just keeping it ticking over.
    Clutching at straws ?

• 109 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:22 PM

archaeomag

He is reducing costs at every opportunity, therefore making us a more attractive opportunity for any potential buyer, I do think that he is making plans to move on from us and soon and no doubt Rangers will be his next ‘Business venture’.

Just hope he realises that he won’t get away with his nonsense up there like he has down here

• 110 Chrism // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

It would seem that quite a few of you guys think its possible to pressure Ashley into selling the club, without harming the team, or club. Really? It will come back and bite us,falling attendencies , protests will effect team morale so we get Ashley out (big Maybe) and have a squad that doesnt see the point in playing because the fans are not with them.
    Sorry guys but that is a concrete recipe for disaster.

• 111 Jail for Ashley // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Arch,
    Asked if he was planning to sell PR man answered if your house was worth 200K and somebody offered 400K would you sell, he ain’t going anywhere pal.

• 112 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Squads for Harper game.

Newcastle United Squad

Steve Harper , Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, John Beresford, Olivier Bernard, Nikos Dabizas, Brian Kilcline, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Steve Watson, Joey Barton, Lee Bowyer, Nicky Butt, Lee Clark, Kieron Dyer, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, David Ginola, Liam O’Brien, Scott Sellars, Nolberto Solano, Steve Stone , Alan Thompson, Rob Lee, Faustino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley , Andrew Cole, Les Ferdinand, Paul Kitson, Alan Shearer

AC Milan Glorie Squad

Sebastiano Rossi, Massimo Taibi, Franco Baresi, Roberto Favalli, Paolo Maldini, Roberto Mussi, Massimo Oddo, Guiseppe Pancaro, Pietro Vierchowod, Ibrahim Ba, Zvonimir Boban, Alessandro Costacurta, Angelo Carbone, Federico Giunti, Christian Lantignotti, Gianluigi Lentini, Mark van Bommel, Daniele Massaro, Christian Vieri

Gonna be amazing this.

• 113 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Chrism

How do you think the action’s, or lack of action under Ashley is affecting the players moral?

Ashley is the one and only thing that is hurting this once great club and if he is allowed to continue to do so how long will our players want to stick around?

• 114 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Jail,

What was said at the meeting?

Anything worth noting? Any thing interesting?

• 115 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM

archaeomag…Snr. Pardew certainly was on the white isle earlier this year and it was discussed on here at the time. You can be disappointed that I didn’t manage to get an exclusive, I was too, but the information that he was here was shared, so you can save that disappointment for our upcoming season :)

Dok…Yo yo yo, wassup wassup?!??”JIU^T”*”^ Got a little excited there. Apologies.

I’m surprised Harper hasn’t told Given he can F*** off if he thinks he’s going to be playing at the testimonial :)

• 116 Jail for Ashley // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Chris,
    I don’t think we’ve got much chance of forcing him out but we can certainly put the spotlight on him, something has to be done about him and his deceitful posse.

• 117 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM

archaeomag and Ibiza… thanks guys! Thought it wwas a genius plan ;-) lol

Dok…could you talk to Chivas and try to work out a loan deal :-D

• 118 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Ibiza,

Haha! It’s only fitting Harper should be on the bench :)

• 119 DokToon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM

jesper, i can work on the loan here, probably swap mikey and joey for a keg of beer, a few sandwiches, and a mop bucket…

• 120 Jack Attack Attack Attack // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Disgrace that bigi is out of the 25 man squad tet gosling gets in front of him!

• 121 fatman // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Gael Bigirimana

wants to get himself out on loan before he gets Pardewed, loads of promise but they all seem to fail with us.

• 122 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Dok…sounds like a win win situation :-D lol

• 123 Jail for Ashley // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Toon P,
    Nothing pal, any sensitive questions about Joe Kinnery wouldn’t get answered and he either didn’t know about finances or it was none of our business, I’d have been better off at the MAoc meeting.

• 124 John Tudor // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

im doing a bit building what was that recipe for concrete

• 125 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

JackButler

Nope. I think you missed the point!

I never said that most fans were calling for investment to get us in the top 6. Sure, some of them have been but the majority want to make sure that our season isn’t ruined by a key injury or two and that includes me.

I was simply agreeing with the comment that investing to break into the top 6 isn’t financially viable from Ashley’s perspective.

• 126 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Prodigy…He’d probably do it with a smile on his face too. Good old Harper, has done us proud over the years.

Jesper…Credit where credit is due buddy. If only it was that simple.

Jail…Worst band ever? Mike & His Deceitful Posse. Do you want a crack at naming the first single?

• 127 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Disgrace that Haidara, Bigi, Sammy and Good aren’t in the squad. Absolutely disgusting! And where is Campbell too?!?! What the hell are Ashley and Pardew trying to do? They’re destroying our identity not playing these youngsters!!!

Ahem…they’re all considered under-21 and therefore don’t need to be registered in the 25 man squad to play in the PL…

Some people need to check their facts before ranting and raving…

• 128 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Jack…Bigi doesn’t need to be names as he’s under 21 I believe. I know Gosling isn’t great, but no need to leave him out just for the sake of it :)

• 129 DokToon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

1st single, take the toon money and run…

• 130 Jail for Ashley // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Ibiza,
    Take the money and run, by Steve Miller band.

• 131 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Have I missed something – has Gos not been named in the 25 man squad, but Raylor has?

• 132 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM

ToonDarnSarf

The way that he is refusing to spend will see us fighting for survival, a massive gamble again. It will be interesting to see if he can manage to find some money if/when we are struggling again in January like he did last year after failing to capitalise on a good season as if he has spent that 20 million last summer then we could have possibly had another good season

• 133 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Was that a really obvious question or should we be a little freaked out?

Ed…Can you check Dok and Jails IP addresses please? :) Texas my *ss!

Jail…Are you not attending the MAOC meeting tonight?

• 134 John Tudor // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM

our reposte
    thin lizzy’s emerald

• 135 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Jesper…Is it nap time? :)

Both Gosling and Raylor are in the 25 man squad.

• 136 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Ibiza…or anything by Cheap Trick ;-)

• 137 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Jail,

What were the questions asked? Sounds quiet mate.

Ibiza,

Haha he certaintly would wouldn’t he.

Im going like, a week on wednesday it is. It’s got to be done.

• 138 DokToon // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

PMSL…

great minds jail, great minds… perhaps were brothers separated at birth, of course, i got the looks, the charm, the intelligence, however, youre parents loved you and brought you up tyneside…

you win… :)

• 139 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Ibiza…so I didn’t miss anything while taking my nap :-D lol

• 140 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Jesper…That’s good, you’re on form. Okay, you can skip the nap today then…but don’t start complaining when it’s 7.30pm and you’re getting sleepy

• 141 fatman // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

ToonDarnSarf

yes totally agree and these are the type of players we need we can only have 25 over 21 but we can have as many under 21 as we can find this is the area to go after, we should do what Ashley’s original plan was buy these kids just get better coaching, and keep Pardew away from them.

• 142 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

JackButler

We shouldn’t have been in a relegation battle last season and we certainly shouldn’t this season!

Our first team squad is 5 players bigger for starters!
    OUT
    Ba
    Simpson
    Perch

I’m not counting Harper because a 3rd choice keeper can be covered by Alnwick or an emergency loan

IN
    Debuchy
    Remy
    MYM
    Goofy
    Haidara
    Sissoko

That’s 5 players better off!! Come on.

I’m not saying we couldn’t have done with that extra striker, we could have, but saying we are going to be fighting for survival is a joke. If we’re struggling when we get into November or December then there’s only one person to blame – Pardew.

• 143 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Jesper…Involving Gosling and Raylor? Nah mate, not missed too much there at all.

Prodigy…Should be a good one. Is there a way to just keep all of those players there for the season and let them play our remaining home games?

This might be a silly question, but who manages the team for the testimonial?

• 144 archaeomag // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

We have 42 under 21 ‘s – apparently

• 145 Jail for Ashley // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Ibiza,
    No mate, I wish I hadn’t gone last night and gone tonight instead, I have a feeling that the anti Ashley campaign is gathering momentum.

• 146 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Dok…That’s not nice, calling Jail an ugly, charmless thicko…we don’t know what he looks like.

Jail…Sorry, was only meant in humour, it was there for the taking and I am oh so weak.

• 147 Ibizatoon // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM

arch…What age does that start from, do you know?

Jail…Could you not do both? How long are you back in Newcastle for? I’ll try and keep this Q&A relatively short :)

I have felt for a while that the worm has turned for many. It’ll be interesting to hear what they’re planning, have read up a little and they seem ready for action. I hope the meetings are productive.

• 148 Jail for Ashley // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Toon P,
    Just the same as last month, he’s s like a politician the kid, I’d had it when he said we were the seventh highestest spenders because of the 30 M spent in January, so hiding behind staged answers and bullshit, seems a canny lad though.

• 149 Noah Another Ameobi // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM

WE NEED TO STAND UNITED TO GET ASHLEY OUT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUSM2NmFTdY&lc=Y-_ZRl8zUu3uFzg6GJjwNgrF2PtbhHTEAwHhIqRfMPk

• 150 JackButler // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:13 PM

ToonDarnSarf

We shouldn’t have been in relegation battle last season but we were and failing to replace Ba made things even harder for us. If injuries hit us again this season like they did last season we will be in for another slog.

Ashley gambled by only bringing in Anita and was forced to spend when it look a real possibility that we were going to be relegated.

From top 5 to bottom 5 in one felled swoop.

And now the master plan of the summer paying £2 million pounds for a striker we failed to sign during the last window and we don’t even have the option to buy him at the end of the season, so come next summer we will be in the exact same position all over again.

This is no way to run a football club

• 151 archaeomag // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM

@Ibiza
    Age 16 +

• 152 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Ibiza,

Haha that’s class. What a squad that would be.

Good question, I have absolutely no idea to be honest. Keegan should be one of them. And Houghton if I had to pick another one.

That would be canny.

Jail,

That 30 million should of been spent the previous Summer. We all know it was a gamble that should never of taken place. Was it really 30 million also? That dosn’t sound right at all.

previous post: Newcastle’s Squad Is Stronger – But It’s All Relative