This Is Why Cabaye Will Not Be A Problem For Newcastle

Now that Yohan Cabaye is still a Newcastle player, we expect him to act like a good professional and put the Arsenal saga behind him, and give 100% to Newcastle this season, and not start another circus in January, if a bigger club than Newcastle comes in for  him – as he did in the summer when Arsenal were gunning for him.

yohan cabaye fulham

Yohan Cabaye in action on Saturday

Yohan has been a  good player for Newcastle in the two seasons he has been at the club, and there’s little doubt Newcastle have made him into a better player, but he should have learned a few lessons from his summer antics.

One is that it doesn’t help to go on strike, and by doing so  he turned the Newcastle fans against him, and he was almost admonished by the France manager Didier Deschamps at a press conference last week, and he was left out of the French squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifying games.

Alan Pardew thinks there is still some work to do with Yohan as he has this to say:

“It was important to get him out there on he pitch on Saturday against Fulham.”  “It will make it easier to move on although there is a lot of talking to be done between now and the Aston Villa game.”

“We will speak with Yohan and with his representatives to make sure that we go forward hand-in-hand.”  “The guy has a World Cup at the end of the year and he is a big part of France’s plans.”

“He hasn’t been picked this week and I think that was a bit of a shock to him.”  ” It was only because of the transfer situation, because I think he’s nailed on in their team.” “That whole situation will resolve itself.”

There’s nothing better for a footballer than to play for his country in the World Cup finals, and that will be Cabaye’s goal for next summer.

So how can he achieve that?

Certainly not by continuing to be unprofessional and causing trouble at Newcastle, and he  needs to start playing and playing well for Newcastle,  and he may just get recalled to the French squad by Deschamps.

But if he pushes for a move in January, or continues to make himself a problem at the club,  that could end his chances of being in the France squad for the World Cup – always assuming France make the finals.

It’s up to Cabayey now, and we expect fans will forgive him for his stupid summer antics, but only if he knuckles down and plays well for Newcastle.

And we think that’s exactly what Didier Deschamps will be looking for too.

It’s up to Cabaye now to show his true colors.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Himanshu Dhingra

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Don’t think so

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM

This one is surrounded with uncertainty. It stinks to high heaven.

IF Cabaye refused to play, then he was still a Newcastle player for the first two games and I would have expected him to play.

IF it was the club pulling him out, then, ermm, well, what to say?

Either way, he is here, I hope he gives it his all and that we can move on.

Colo, for whatever reason (What? More uncertainty…surely not?!?), didn’t have his head in in last Christmas, but he did come back and turned in some good performances.

Anyone have a straw or two I can try and clutch at? 🙂

• ochytoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Ibiza
    Colo’s situation was slightly different though. As far as I know, he wanted a move back to Argentina because he family moved back there. Cabaye’s just being a twat.

• jeff

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:56 AM

ed just spits the same articles day in day out replacing one name for another. his articles are extremely repetitive and very predictably written

“newcastle must do this…”
    “it has been reported that newcastle”
    “if alan pardew wants to…”

very boring passive aggressive statements in articles. never offers anything new whatsoever and just regurgitates the same lines with different nouns substituted in. leads to me always skipping the articles. clearly just in it for the money. doesnt put any real effort into this place anymore, whips something up in 2 mins and posts it.

never credits his sources either and never links to the article his post is copying from

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM

ochy…A different situation totally (at least it’s reported to be…).

My point was not that the reasons were similar, but more that it is possible for someone who wants away, for whatever reason, to get their heads back to business and that is really all we can hope for at this point.

I refuse to make a villain out of Cabaye, given I don’t trust much from the club or the press. He certainly hasn’t come off looking good mind.

Now, how about them straws?

• Rainrix

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Whatever the situation against villa anita in no way should be dropped for cabaye. Cabs looked very pedestrian when he came on against fulham and anita was again very good. Let cabaye earn his way back into the team. Sadly i think pards will let his blatant favouritism get the better of him again.

• martoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Ibiza – from last topic – yes language is a wonderful thing I always remember a rep from Easyjet telling me they were not a low cost airline but a high value one 😉

• Lew Davies

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I don’t for one minute believe he refused to play.
    More likely Fat controller protecting his investment.
    Own goal again from Ashley.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I suppose it could be likened to spouting out the same comments over and over and over in the comments section.

You have to love the expectancy of some folk for something they get to use for free and have absolutely no obligation to read or use.

• martoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Himanshu is that your real name or am I missing an obvious anagram?

• sparky55

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Ed…you seriously think cabs won’t be pushing for a move in January because it “might effect his chances for playing in the world cup?????”

you ain’t that naive mate surely…he’ll be out of here asap

• Tommyy

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:01 AM

The real issue for me is the increasing trend of wholly unsatisfied and frustrated players, first Colo, Cisse and now Cabaye. I sense it won’t be long until it boils over and we have a real problem on our hands. A few bad results and fan pressure could see this team implode spectacularly.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Martoon

It is my real name. Changed it a couple of days ago.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM

martoon…Ha ha, did you ask if you could just agree on that they’re simply awful, whether budget “low cost” or “high value”?

Rainrix…Agreed. Anita has looked decent imo. People keep saying “when Cabs and Remy came on” from the Fulham game, but I think it was more to do with Remy.

However, if this was the clubs doing and not Cabayes, you can expect him to start as Pardew will be trying to get him back on side.

How about a middle 3 of Anita, Sissoko, Cabaye?

Under normal circumstances that would be my call, but I do think Marveaux would benefit from getting a longer run…oh to be a football manager.

• Lew Davies

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Cabaye will be just fine once we start playing again.
    He has a point to prove and a few fans to win over.
    The booing when he came on was pathetic and typical of our fans.

• Toonboy_84

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Jeff

Can I ask why you’re here if Ed’s blog is so sh1t. Has someone got a gun to you’re head? Is that why you’re forced to read it?

• Lew Davies

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Sparky – you may be right, but if he wants a move to a big club, he will have to put in some mega performances for us first.
    The price tag for him has been set at £20M +
    He will have to prove he is worth that to get his dream move.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM

An amusing read.

“None of the lads acted like superstars, which was strange. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, the whole gang – they were like schoolboys. The best footballers in the world stood there with their heads bowed, and I didn’t understand any of it. It was ridiculous.

“Everyone did as they were told. I didn’t fit in, not at all. I thought, just enjoy the opportunity, don’t confirm their prejudices. So I started to adapt and blend in. I became way too nice. It was mental.

“I said what I thought people wanted me to say. It was completely messed up. I drove the club’s Audi and stood there and nodded my head. I hardly even yelled at my team-mates any more. I was boring. Zlatan was no longer Zlatan.”

• Rainrix

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Ibiza…. I like the idea of those 3 in midfield. It depends on remy really. He needs to start if he’s fit. The problem is with 3 in centre mid he would have to be on the wing or cisse would have to be dropped.

Remy would probably be a better option on the left than marv but i reckon he’ll want to be down the centre. I was all for giving marv a decent run too but it’s becoming more and more apparent to me at least he’s better utilised as an impact player.

I think its obvious then that a 4 -3-3 would be a decent shout atm. Now we’ll just see what pards does. I still think cabaye should earn his way back in but im not against playing him if he puts in the performances and shift.

• Rainrix

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM

And because i hate you all who remembers this? 🙂

• sparky55

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Lew…he will put some big performances in…but not for us..his suitors yes…for us…no

There will be an interesting fight in January because player prices always artificially go up after a world cup…so the price he goes for nearer the world cup will be interesting for sure!

• sparky55

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM

ibiza @ 14…I love that midfield but no so sure I’d play it away from home…time and place and all that!

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Rainrix…There was an article this week, that so far this season (yes, I know only 3 games, but…) Marveaux is in the top 8 for most goal scoring opportunities created in the whole PL.

Much like he got most assists for us last season without looking like he was doing much, he seems to be continuing that trend. Maybe he just needs more games as he feels like an also ran in the team.

I think Pardew will play a front 3 of Arfa – Cisse – Remy, or maybe it’ll be Obertan – Shola – Jonas? Flip a coin time?

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Sparky…True, maybe it’s not for the next game.

• martoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Apologies Himanshu it just looked like it should be an anagram.
    I noticed Tiote is now fit to play for his country so he now has to considered for the midfield conundrum. Can’t help feeling we’ll pick up injuries somewhere from the internationals – let’s hope it is not strikers.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Rainrix…You will be found and you will be punished.

I’m amazed someone whose a bit handy with photoshop hasn’t done something with those pictures…I’ll give it a go in microsoft paint…need to find my sick bucket first though.

• oldbobaycliffe

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM

you very rarely hear of trouble in the arsenal camp so once wenger heard that cabaye had refused to play perhaps that was why no further approach was made.why sign trouble

• Robby Bobson

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:12 AM

When he came on he was full of energy and lifted the midfield, it was like the cabaye of old. I think the boos may have made him think ‘right i need to make this up’.

Like in the picture in the article, this is when he tried a run round the full back down the line, when had he ever done this before?

I hope this continues and maybe the whole saga may be beneficial to us if he continues to play like this.

• richyg01

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

We will never know the TRUE story on this one.

> Was he rested to ensure he was injury free?
    > Was he refusing to play?
    > Was his head just not in the right place – considering his depression last season.?

Who knows, but what we do know is that he is with us for the next few months, and we need him, we looked a completely different team when he came on vs. Fulham.

SACK THE BOARD

• richyg01

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I could not work out if he was actually Boo’ed.

Since there was a lot of chanting of ‘Goof’.

• Robby Bobson

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Rainrix…how did cabaye look pedestrian?! If i remeber correctly he also won the ball back in midfield for the winning goal.

• Sav

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:15 AM

If he wasn’t already picked for France, or hios compatriots, Sissoko and Debuchy were not being chosen, there would be some justification for the ‘Champions League profile in a World Cup year’ excuse. But that is hogwash and his being left out is a nice irony I hope he appreciates as he knuckles down, a wiser and more modest man.

• kira13th

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM

@6 Rainrix

I watched that match too…He played heartless, maybe his heart went to Emirates Stadium. But Gunners signed Ozil instead.

unfortunately, no team sign him last summer…..

• samaras

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Or so cabaye didn’t refuse to play. Pardew just dropped him. Hmmm

• chuck

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

More speculative nonsense Ed.
    Think you can come up with something factual for a change ?