The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Where Does Mike Ashley’s Newcastle Go From Here?

11:20 pm, Monday, September 9th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 77 Comments

Once we knew what squad we had for the coming season, well at least through January, we reran a poll asking where Newcastle would finish in the league,  and most fans think Newcastle will finish in the bottom half of the table.

mike ashley 987

Mike Ashley – needs injection of ambition and inspiration – that’s unlikely

60% of fans think Newcastle will finish between 1th place, and above the relegation zone ( and in 17th place), and that’s the biggest percentage vote for the four different blocks the team could finish in.

Here are the results so far, and there’s still time to vote if you haven’t yet voted.

Where Will Newcastle Finish This Season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

We suppose the official position of the club is to finish in the top half of  the table, although we don’t really know, since nothing too specific has been said by Newcastle officials about this season.

But top half will probably be the goal from now on, unless Mike Ashley gets some real ambition for Newcastle United, which seems rather unlikely.

The five year plan that Mike Ashley put in place when he bought the club in 2007, ended last summer – and things looked great at that time – even though we had been relegated in May, 2009 but came straight back up.

Last summer we had just finished 5th top of the Premier League and qualified for Europe for the first time since 2006, and Mike Ashley had even become popular – almost an oxymoron.

But since then everything has gone wrong,   and we just avoided relegation last season when we finished 5th bottom, twelve months after we had finished 5th top.

Where we go from here  is anybody’s guess, but maybe we will do a lot better than we expect before the end of this year – that’s the positive scenario.

There’s always hope, but if we had signed three good players in the summer, the expectations and excitement of Newcastle fans would have been a lot higher than they are now.

Unfortunately,  it seems that Mike Ashley’s lack of ambition for Newcastle, and his apparent unwillingness to spend money to build  the squad into one that can challenge for a top six position,  has reared it’s ugly head once again this summer, and it’s just as evident now as it was last summer.

That’s the negative scenario.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

77 responses so far ↓

• 1 archaeomag // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Glasgow?

• 2 Black and White with an army lol // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Where Does Mike Ashley’s Newcastle Go From Here?

ermmmm no where

• 3 Black and White with an army lol // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM

it’s simple really, Championship.

• 4 Black and White with an army lol // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM

my prediction for our next 3 games

Villa 3 – NUFC 0
    NUFC 0 – Hull 2
    Leeds 2 – NUFC 1

• 5 Black and White with an army lol // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM

88 votes for the top 6

i do love jokers on here lol

• 6 Black and White with an army lol // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

i think by the end of this season i can see both Newcastle & Scumberland in the bottom 3 and maybe Palace

• 7 fatman // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I have been digging into rangers and Ashley someone is bankrolling rangers to the tune of £1m a week, not sure on who, as its not meant to be common knollage there seems to be 3 groups vying for control, but who could have so much money to do it i think its Ashley and could account for the share sale, and Ashley has past form in backing both sides in a two horse race. and the dodgy thing is he could be using someone to bypass Uefa 1 club rule. not quite sure where this would leave us I’m not sure more puzzled. whoever is fronting the rangers money has £104m to burn although i suppose losses will fall when rangers get promoted.

• 8 Big Pappa Cissé // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Down in flames in a helicopter crash with any luck .

• 9 wynsleap // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM

black and White @ 2
    Just beat me to it mate.

• 10 fatman // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM

And if you don’t like the way i have put the jigsaw together, feel free to pick the bones out of my theory as that’s all it is at the moment.

• 11 OhSholaAmeobi // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Villa 2 – 2 Newcastle: Benteke 2, Ben Arfa, Remy

• 12 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Sep 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Any late night readers, or those from other parts of the world want to have an alternative source of Newcastle United news and views, simply click on my name to be brought over to the NUFC Daily. Come one come all! 😀

• 13 lesh // Sep 10, 2013 at 4:40 AM

Where’s to for Ashley? They reckon Damascus is nice at this time of year.

• 14 Schwefelberg // Sep 10, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I’ve just watched an interview with Wang Jianlin of Dalian Wanda.

He says overseas culture and entertainment businesses are top of his shopping list for next investments.

Third on his list is retail.

Sounds like a match made in heaven for SD. (I hope Ashley gives me a broker finders fee % when the deal goes through)

Cut to 02:50 for this juice.

• 15 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Jail for Ashley // Sep 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Santon,
    I don’t think anybody is expecting him to spend his own money, I think were over that now, what we do expect of him though is to be a fit and proper owner of our great club and put in sensible investment, without the fans there wouldn’t be a club.

Sorry for late reply JFA.
    To JFA, Ibiza, TDS, TS, Slank, and others:

Yes, we are forcing him to spend his own money.
    I don’t know if it’s the truth or not about Ashley gave us interest free loan, because it’s not public company therefore no official finance and accounting report on the website to prove it and the fact that it’s already public knowledge then I consider it to be true. The club made little money last year which is about 3-6mil profit that’s including TV, sponsor, etc. (based on article that I read in this blog), so any expenses more than the club made will be using Ashley’s money. It may not be accurate, some articles that I read including Ba sale is said to be 7mil, but we know that we only received about 2million.
    Regarding the petition of Ashley out, I’m with Slank on this. How are you going to force him out without any plans? I’m sorry petition can only work on public owns like government or public company not privately own company/club. Even if you got 1million people signing the petition and you know Ashley’s character, will it change anything? As it stands, we only have 3 games 1lose,1draw, 1win equal points with Manutd, your petition doesn’t have solid ground. I would suggest to wait after 10 games, if the team can’t win more than 2 games then you have better chances, if the team win more than 5 games then you will look stupid for protesting the team doing well. If you want change the ownership then you better have someone with real money to buy ready to takeover, otherwise we will be in much worse situation than now or last season. I think Slank also correct about petition should be stating what are our demands to the owner clearly within reasons, but definitely not asking him to get out, that will be starting a war.

• 16 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Also, I think we approached things the wrong way. I believe he tried to make things better in his own way, maybe it doesn’t seem like it to us. You can’t go strength vs strength against person in Ashley position. I suggest after ten games, we need to have 2 or 3 people with cool head representing the fans to meet Ashley. They have to say thank you for what he has done for the club, complement him for doing good job (make him comfortable), then ask him what his ambition for the club, what his dreams are for the club, then present him our demmand (not too much and reasonable). If we barrage him with demmands or ridicule or criticize him, it won’t work and it will be the first and the last time talking to him.

I think the relationship between Ashley and fans went bad after KK incident. Definitely need to repair that and it will be slow process. Even when we finished 5th, no gratitude was shown towards Ashley.

If I were Ashley, I would probably do the same thing.

• 17 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:09 AM

And person like Ashley definitely don’t like to be compared with previous owners or other owners.

• 18 Slank // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Santon,

I still don’t know what the demonstrators are complaining about. All I hear is ‘Ashley Out’. They seem more interested in getting the person who owns 100% of the club out of his own company. They don’t seem to want to improve the club as all I ever hear is negative threats. Rarely do I hear anything positive. I would be more supportive if I could see tangible evidence that they want to improve the club by putting forward sensible suggestions.

The most effective way to make changes is to put forward positive sensible suggestions in a civilized manner out of the limelight. Once a person or persons goes public it can mean someone has to lose face and that just makes everything that much harder.

I’m just waiting for them to start complaining that Ashley doesn’t wear a suit like the all the other owners of football clubs!

That’s it, I off now.

• 19 bills-son // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Santon03,

You talk alot of sense.

• 20 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Santon,
    We showed Mike Ashley no gratitude after our fifth place finish, what did you expect us to do , rename a stand after him, try and find enough bronze to make a big fat statue, after nearly being relegated we’d have looked pretty stupid standing in the Mike Ashley stand looking forward to Barnsley a week later.

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Bills,
    A bit like Ashley you’ve gone back on your word.

• 22 FatmanJoe // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:25 AM

@Ruddy

Cool site. I like how you reply to posters. Ed used to do that on here…

• 23 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM

JFA

I meant simple thank you.

• 24 Schwefelberg // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM

And next time I lend myself money I will increase that percentage up.

Last time it was only 100% I only doubled my own money!!!

What do you think I am — a charity??

Next time I’ll charge 1000% and harsh penalty for late repayment!!

• 25 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Let’s say you succeded getting rid of Ashley, that will be warning for future owners not to invest in our club.

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Slank,
    If you weren’t sitting in your sun soaked villa you’d realise how pi $$ ed off people were getting, the purpose of these fans groups like time4change is to discuss sensible means of getting our message across, you mentioned the communication and that the club sent their PR people down to the meeting, I have attented two now and they won’t answer questions they have been told not to and actually lied when talking about how much money we spent, you say we mentioned ambition, are the rantings of a deluded old fool who has seemingly disappeared after asking to be judged transfers enough to satisfy you that the club is going places.

• 27 Schwefelberg // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Santon you’re probably right. But I no longer care how far we fall to get rid of Ashley. It’s gone far past that.

Santon even in the 3rd div the club would be for the fans again and we’d move up. Leeds have recovered and will be a prem club soon again.

• 28 bills-son // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Slank,

You’ve hit the nail on the head.

If there are protests against a Government the opposition are sepecific in their complaints and specific in their alternatives.

All the Ashley Out brigade shout is just that – Ashley Out. What happens if he leaves?

Can they guarantee a billionaire owner who will challenge the likes of ManU, Chelsea and City?

Can they guarantee a new owner won’t sell our top players to fund transfers?

Can they guarantee a new owner won’t borrow money to fund transfers?

Can they guarantee anything?

The answer to all of those questions – and many more similar – is a big NO.

As Santon03 says, the protest group stand to look stupid if we are well placed after 10 games which – if our first 11 click – there is every chance we might be top 8.

They would be far better off keeping their powder dry for now and using the time to come up with a far more convincing argument and solution than the feeble Ashley Out shout.

Any protests now will serve no other purpose other than to give the press more reason to pour ridicule on NUFC, undermine the team and possibly even cost us points if the protests take place during matches. What is the point of that?

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Schwefelburg,
    I think the unlimited advertising for SD cover the cost of the interest.

• 30 valle // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Regarding the title in this tread… Home to London, hopefully.

• 31 Schwefelberg // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Jail maybe but how the hell do you lend money to yourself? Talk about doubletalk.

• 32 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Schwefelburg,
    Apart from the Venkys I don’t think we could do any worse, what’s the point of having the worlds 384th richest man in the world if he’s got absolutely no interest in the club whatsoever.
    Bills,
    You keep saying give him time, his time is up, we might get an owner who will sell to fund transfers, wtf is Ashley doing then, because Cabaye never went it cost us the players we needed in vital places, if it wasn’t for the ridiculous values put on Cabaye and Tiote they would be gone.

• 33 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Schwefelberg,
    The mini accountants have tried to explain it, basically he’s doing himself a favour with the loan and milking it because the last of his supporters are clinging on to the ‘what about the interest free loan’.

• 34 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM

guys

All I’m trying to say is use more tactic to get what you want (not Ashley out, but to invest), use different approach. If we use more civilize manner or polite manner, we will get more things done than barking at Ashley with petition or protests “Ashley out”. You need to remember all big bosses have huge egos.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Bills,
    The united group is now called time4change, which may well imply that Mashley might change his ways and show the fans some respect.

• 36 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Santon @34 see 35.

• 37 bills-son // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Jail,

I haven’t gone back on any word.

How many timex do I have to say on here thst I’m not happy with the Kinnear appointment, not happy that we didn’t sign at least another CF or CB and that I’ll blame Ashley if we have another poor season?

But – like most fans I expected (but hoped otherwise) that Ashley would sell at least two top players to help fund four or more buys. He didn’t sell any. Whilst that doesn’t make me ecstatic with our lack of signings I don’t see the window as being the absolute disaster that you and others do.

As I’ve said in a previous post you and others who are hell bent on forcing Ashley out have no plan B for who takes over and what happens next.

Plus, you are protesting at the wrong time. If the transfer window was the disaster you all say and other clubs have signed their way into top 10 sides then we should be bottom 6 after 10 games. Start shouting Ashley Out and I’ll listen then.

• 38 valle // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Yah Ahsley is a saint, with his interrest free loans. Ofcourse he should have his money back and it cant go to fast!.

Listen, you got to ask yourself this question. If MA loaned us that moneym why are he in such a hurry to get it back. So much so that it affects our transfer budget so much that we become the lowest spending club in the league? Are Mike Ashley really interrested in Newcastle United, in the sense that he has ambition for us, or is it merely a question of having NUFC remain on the big stage to act as advertising for his other company, sports direct?. If Mike Ashley dont have ambition for Newcastle United, and if he is in such a hurry to get his money back, then neither him nor us, are served with him as our owner. What worries me is that the trends he shows in regard to using us as an advertising board are more and more obvious as each day pass, and yet we have people on this very board defending his mindset. You are free to do that ofcourse, just as I am free to question your alligance. What I would say to Ashley is this… If you buy a football club, you buy something more than just another company to your collection. This company has its own soul, and its loyal customers won’t sit idle by if you dont run it the right way! They will rebell, as is their d*** right!. So if your heart aint in it, get rid, for your sake and for ours.

• 39 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM

So far we are acting like angry mobs, this probably what Ashley think of us. What do you do when you see angry mobs? You avoid them.

• 40 yorkymag // Sep 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Is It a coincidence that sports direct has grown out of all context since Ashley became involved with the toon
    I’d say mission accomplished and sod all us true fans ,he as no interest in nufc other than as a tool to grow his massive sports business,he will move on to the gers and leave us be as they offer far more commercial advantage than us ,nt long to endure him now but beware of what comes next m think

• 41 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:01 AM

valle

I’m not saying he is a saint, I said he tried in his own way. I also said I don’t know for fact about our financial situation neither are you since NUFC is not public company, they don’t post financial report publicly. I don’t even know how much a janitor gets in a month in NUFC.

• 42 toonarmydownsouth // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM

It’s amazing that the only and I mean only Pro Ashley argument from you Bills son is if we get rid of Ashley then who will come on next!!!

You sound like an abused spouse ffs, honest he promised he’d never hit me again

So there we have it lads shut up and accept a proven liar with no ambition simply because of fear…….
    Pathetic

• 43 John Tudor // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM

to55p0t

• 44 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Yorky,
    Not only that but while SD value only increases we fall further behind Spurs in annual revenue a club we bettered that way when Ashley took over, if he cared one iota about us we could be at least regular top six, where our PL standings rightly place us.

• 45 catchy in norway // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

TADS

100% agree with you,,

people like bills son have no argument other than fear of the un known,
    if the world was full of people like billsson, we would still be in caves, they have no back bone or ambition to move forward,

I think we have hit 1 in a billion in chairman (sorry blackburns too), no ambition, no clue , just a source of advertisement

sad times ahead

• 46 Schwefelberg // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Ashley made money by the float of SD.When that stock price dropped to a low Ashley bought the shares back from disappointed investors.

Be ready for that!

If Ashley proposed selling some shares in the club to fans/consortium would you buy? |I tell you 2 years later he’d offer you 50p on the pound for them.

• 47 valle // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Santon03… My post wasnt a personal attack on you, to be honest I dont know enough about your views to even try and do personal attacks. It was however a general attack on the mindset that Ashley used his own money to buy us and therefore we are his club to do with as he please. Im glad Ashley loaned us the money to get us back up, I am however also cautious to the fact that it might well have been his bad decisions that got us relegated in the first place. All that said, he should ofcourse get his money back, but why not 1-2 million a year untill such a time where he sell us, or even 5 million a year…. Why 11 million like he took back last season? And god knows how much this season. If he cared for NUFC beyound our advertising potential, he wouldnt have done that. All he ever does only goes to show that his only interrest in us, is as a company to gain profit from. Maybe not directly by taking cool casg out of us, but by using us to advertise for sports direct for free (And therefore taking money out of NUFC on paper, if not in cool cash). I long for an owner that actually care, and I would kill for someone like Levy owning us.

• 48 toonarmydownsouth // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Santon
    So this interest free loan has benefited solely us? He has had no perks or privilege’s out of it at all?
    As for thanking him for a 5th place finish, should we of sent him flowers? Bath salts? Maybe a nice box of chocolate’s expressing are eternal gratitude?
    No we said as fans it was brilliant for the players and manager, and for the club it was a great platform to build from

And did he build? Did he f uk
    Christ he even took the pride out of the 5th place season by renaming the stadium……..for free btw

• 49 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Bills,
    You said on numerous occasions and even asked to be put on record saying you would renounce Ashley if he didn’t prove himself in the transfer market, he didn’t and you haven’t. You seem to be able to put up with the constant lies and deceit for fear of what’s round the corner, well the last summer we brought in one first team player we almost got relegated.

• 50 toonarmydownsouth // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:18 AM

@NUFCTheMag: Newcastle Line Up New Signing To Relief Of All Fans http://t.co/W4qHbAqfPz #nufc

• 51 bills-son // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Jail,

Read my post at 37, if that isn’t a good enough answer for you I aint expanding on it.

If you and the Ashley Out lot can guarantee an owner who will spend our way to a title – great. If you can’t – what exactly is it you are guaranteeing you will achieve. Answer that.

• 52 Himanshu Dhingra // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 11m
    Fiorentina Sporting Director Daniele Pradé has admitted he ‘knows who he will sign in 2014′ and ‘Verratti is a dream that could be realised’

Wonder if Joe knows it’s tuesday!

• 53 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

tads,
    All depends on how much he’s asking for and how much we’re willing to pay to keep arguably our best player, if he wants as much as Enrique he’s gone.

• 54 Himanshu Dhingra // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

When I look at the dug outs we see the name sports direct on all the seats. No money is paid for that.

Whereas at Old Trafford we see the name AUDI, any one thinks they also get free advertising.

May be they have also give Interest free loan.

• 55 toonarmydownsouth // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

JFA
    It’s not even just the transfer market is it
    It’s everything about the man

The lies, the stupid appointments, the lack of ambition, the constant tarnishing of the clubs history, the tasteless sponsors and free advertising, the fact that people are simply guessing what his 5 year plan is when in fact we have no idea!

I also hate it when certain posters say we won’t find a multi billionaire to bank roll us like citeh……….who the hell has asked for that?

He’ll I’d be happy being run like a Swansea or Everton slow sensible investment insuring that the club have a sensible core to build on and showing those small steps of progression season after season rather than all this panic buy when needed then forget about the rest when were safe
    The way Ashley runs this club is an absolute disgrace

• 56 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Bills,
    Getting an owner who actually gave a fusk about the club and the fans would be a start.

• 57 Markaccus // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Morning all.

The answer to the question ‘where does MA go from here?’ Is simply this…….

GREGGS.

• 58 valle // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Bills… Come on man, no one here can guarantee anything about our potential new owner. But that isnt even the point, the point is that the one we have dont care much about us, and that should be enough for the fans to want someone new. How he will fare, only time will tell, but for now lets focus on what we do know… Ashley aint good for NUFC.

• 59 toonarmydownsouth // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Post 51 a perfect example of merely accepting it

FFS bills he’s is the only owner we’ve had who is literally ripping the heart and sole out of the club
    SJP used to one of the most exciting energetic stadiums in the country, there wasn’t a single set of away supporters who didn’t look forward to travelling to the toon
    That reputation is heavily damaged and SJP is more like a library, that’s purely down to MA because he didn’t like the fans telling him exactly what they thought

• 60 toonarmydownsouth // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

JFA
    Aye the nerve that some of these lads want to improve there contract!
    Be interesting to see what financial contribution JFK asks benny to pay towards his new contract 😉

• 61 Jail for Ashley // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM

tads,
    I hear you brother.

• 62 Transfer Sage // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I don’t think anyone is against selling to buy players. Spurs have sold a lot and bought a lot. Net spend of 5 mil on transfers on 5 years and they now have a great squad.

What people want from Ashley is clarity and ambition. He appoints average yes men like pardew and kinnear who won’t kick up a fuss and lie to us fans.

Kinnear promised players to make us top 4…has it happened? No.

I for one wouldn’t mind if Ashley came out like villa did and say we haven’t got the money to compete at the top, I can’t spend my own but I promise to improve the academy, buy the odd player and look for a plan to build by developing and selling to replace with more/better players. Then to see the action.

What happens is we get told we are short, we’ll buy two or three, seasons tickets sell, then it drops to one or two, the last few season tickets go then it drops to one or no players.

• 63 Himanshu Dhingra // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

TS

At least Villa have a Manager. Villa did not spend money one year but this year they have.

If you offered ashley continuous place in Pl for Newcastle, he will snap your hands off.

Fine, if we are not going to win anything at least play decent football.

• 64 Transfer Sage // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Also why don’t people understand the purpose of the Ashley out campaign and it’s goals? It’s simple, to get Ashley to sell to another person.

It’s like selling a house, if you sit there and wait for a bid you might wait all your life….if you list it as for sale, advertise in an estate agent and have that estate agent actively push it for those looking to buy then you are more likely to get a sale.

The same is true of a car, business and even a football club. Fulham actively looked to be sold and it was within 1 year.

What the goal of the campaign is is to get Ashley/his representatives to actively seek a new owner and list it for sale in business sectors, not just sit on it and wait to see if anyone offers a fee for the club.

Now we can’t guarantee the new owner will be better or worse, but we can push for change. I accept it’s not for everyone but if you don’t want to see change either ignore the protests or start a campaign against them to say you like ashley as an owner.

• 65 Santon03 // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Sorry about that Valle, I thought it was about my earlier post :)

Valle, Tads
    About that loan, I don’t know if it’s true or not. We all just assuming.

about gratitude, I meant simple thank you.
    Even if you don’t mean it, even if the fact he has done crap, but it meant something to him even if it so little. Besides simple “fake” thanks wouldn’t cost you anything, but it might do good than harm. Don’t you think? Because you are dealing with people like Ashley who has huge ego imo. If you don’t agree, then it’s also fine with me, I’m just giving you my opinion about our situation.

• 66 Himanshu Dhingra // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

TS

We feel free when we escape, even when it is from frying pan into the fire.

• 67 Schwefelberg // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

If Ashley offered to sell 25% shares of the club to fans would you buy?

• 68 Transfer Sage // Sep 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

himanshu

That’s my point. Thats what we want to see….an actual plan where he is honest about how we go forward.

I think more fans get annoyed with lies, like JK saying i’ll get champs league players, than the actual lack of signings. If we knew we wouldn’t get anyone or we’d just buy kids at least as fans we’d know where the club stands and judge them accordingly.

• 69 Markaccus // Sep 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

T sage.

I think people are as scared of a change as they are scared of the way Ashley runs it. Maybe they are thinking “what if we end up with another venkys”. Some may even think protesting might scare other potential owners off. It’s a tough situation.

• 70 toonarmydownsouth // Sep 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Santon
    Think you missed the point about the loan mate, for his “interest free loan” he has had 6 years of free advertising for his company, so between the fans and the owner I think you’ll find the owner has done better out of his loan than the club have

• 71 Transfer Sage // Sep 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM

santon

The loan is true, widely reported. It’s good for newcastle but also ashley.

If he never gave us a loan (and as you say we only made aroud 3/4mil profit) all that profit would be gone to pay the interest as well as extra money being requried to pay the rest of the interest and meet loan repayments. As it’s ashley’s company he would either need further loans or to fund that out of his own pocket.

At least this way the club doesn’t need to pay back at set times and the money is all owed to him, instead of him paying the money off as well as giving interest to banks.

Don’t get me wrong, glad he did it as it helps the club, but it’s not totally selfless…it benefits him too. No problem with that, just dont like people using it as an example of him caring for the club, when it just protects his ‘investment’.

• 72 Transfer Sage // Sep 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM

markacus

I fully understand, been a few dodgy owners around recently. Portsmouth, Rangers, Notts county, Blackburn to name a few high profile ones.

I understand people enjoying the relative stability and just wanting to enjoy prem league football every weekend. So if people disagree with ashley out i don’t have an issue.

• 73 Markaccus // Sep 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM

T sage

There needs to be an “Ashley out, but only for an acceptable replacement” movement 😀

• 74 yo-yo // Sep 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Bills

An an apologist for Ashley you’re becoming an expert goalpost shifter too – every time he fails to meet your stated points for judgement you downshift or procrastinate.

Man buys football club and discovers he’s been sold a pup with sigtnificant debts. What can he do ? He can either take a major hit on his investment and see the value plummet as its worth maybe £100m less than he paid for it or he can reschedule the debt to keep up the club’s value and avoid taking a massive loss on his original purchase price.
    Ashley has simply rescheduled the debt he didn’t discover by lack of due diligence. So he overpaid originally and is trying to reduce the debt as soon as – but only to keep up the value of the club. Sort of a footballing finance keepy-uppy. It is not the club’s debt. It is the liability of the person who owns the club.

And if we were successful ? Well the calculation made is that the increase in capital value would not be a meaningful return on the investment made and anyway he’s bored with this Toy Toon. It’s all risk avoidance and damage limitation.

And that is what happens when you buy a football club for all the wrong reasons – like you don’t really love the game and don’t have any attachment to the club. It’s just money.

• 75 sparky55 // Sep 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM

the answer to the question posed is…ANYWHERE HE FCUKIN LIKES!

• 76 nufc 11 // Sep 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Think fans are missing the fact we made a 9 milllion loss last season why? because he let BA walk out the door he was carrying the team and combind with last summers farce of a window and AP tactic’s being showed to be inadquate we were failed to doom, also players seem to get away with murder at the club displine isnt high on the managers agenda, if the 3 amigos had only talked to each other and came out with a statement weeks ago that they werent buying anyone fans wud have kown what to expect, but to be lied to on a reg basis is very hard to take, they brought this all on their selves well done….

• 77 musomag // Sep 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Where will Ashley’s Newcastle go from here?

Simple – Championship Football