Alan Pardew Press Conference For Villa Game – Video

For those of you who do not have a subscription to nufcTV – here is a YouTube video of what Alan Pardew had to say yesterday – it’s not great quality, but you can get a sense of Alan’s mood, and we thought he was positive about most things – it lasts around 10 minutes.

[youtube id=”0PHiNPH7xvE” mode=”normal” align=”left”]

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Reading,
    Although I mostly agree with you on Di Canio I can see that already Sunderlands dressing room is being brought into question. Have heard some ridiculous rumours such as players aren’t allowed ice in their drinks the day before the game because he played bad once after having ice in his coke.
    His philsophy that footballers should focus entirely on football and nothing else is spot on but I think he takes some things just a little too far.
    Unfortunately I don’t think he will make it as a manager in the end. He is so close to being a very good manager, but I think he will turn out to be too confrontational and too ‘crazy’

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Himanshu,
    Oh! Sorry mate haha. Sometimes it’s harder to fully apprecaite the context of a comment when you don’t hear it being said.
    I thought that game would have been on BT Sport. Shame, it means I either have to watch Rugby or Wrexham v Luton!!!

• HullMag6

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Boycotts hurt the team/club not Ashley would you accept relegation as collateral damage?

Go to matches cheer the team on just dont buy anything within the ground run petitions, rallies, marches, campaigns and demonstrations.Last time we did he threatened to sell so why not now?

No money? MA is creaming off the top to reduce his loan at a guess, other clubs have speculated borrowing against the new tv money getting paid to the clubs later in the season. I’m betting most of that will disappear too. Is it football club by sports direct model a preparing to sell as Rangers will soon become a more attractive easier option for him when the old firm dominance is restored.

So……
    .Will he/should he sell?
    More importantly who will buy us?

I can see it now ‘Ibrox Sports Direct Arena’ sounds good doesnt it.

Now hurry up and sell big boy Preferably to someone who knows what they’re doing and will invest wisely instead of penny pinching.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Tinman

I love Bundesliga, I would have watched

Bordeaux vs PSG too

but the Crappy cable guy in India is not giving that network.

• jimiley

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Has anybody noticed how easy press conferences are for managers? A waste of time really with no real challenges. I suppose the press are scared of being banned if they ask difficult questions. Is this a democracy or what? managers are just allowed to spout any old rubbish. Pardew, for example has a “very very good squad.” I suppose thats the same squad, only smaller, that came 5th bottom? Pardew says the squad is “good enough” I suppose thats good enough to avoid relgation? Searching questions are rarely asked. Pardew has been screaming for three marquee signings all summer but at the end of the window says that he is very happy with the squad he has. The press are letting us down because they do not ask the hard questions we want to hear. They are cowards. – See more at: http://www.nufcblog.com/2013/09/13/pardew-we-need-more-magic-moments-from-this-player/#sthash.zy2i2lsb.dpuf

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Mister Tuff,
    Totally agree mate. It makes it hard to be too harsh on Pards, he really does give it his all but it will never be good enough for me. You can see the stress all over his face and body language, poor lad must hardly be sleeping. Out of his depth I’m afraid.
    It all goes back to Ashley, we really need to stick together and try and do something about it!

Kebab,
    Brilliant to hear mate! Hope you enjoyed your first game. Strawb corner was a good choice 😉
    I was only tiny when I watched my first game there, but will never forget setting eyes on that pitch for the first time. I was truly awestruck!

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Hull,
    Personally I would not endorse boycotts or get involved with them at all.
    However the rest, which are all certainly plausible, will be something that I will be participating in.
    I am confident we can bring him out.
    I think his plan is too take over Rangers either when they get to SPL or just before and try to turn them into a Champions League cash cow which he will use as the advertisement station to conqour Europe with his Sports Direct stores.

• Ciaran

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Hull

I’m inclined to think that this is the way forward for us to protest against his ownership, but maintain a positive atmosphere for our team! Hard balance to strike but I think, if done correctly, we can manage to influence some positive movement.

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM

jimiley,
    I reckon the problem is searching questions are ignored or the reporter who asks them is banned from stadiums and ignored forever by that manager. By the end of his career Sir Alex would only talk to certain pro Man U journos. It can ruin their careers if they fall out with the top managers.

• Ciaran

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Haven’t really peddled myself much today, been leaving it to twitter but sure why not 😉

If anyone fancies a nice supplement to Ed’s blog (not an attempt to replace) you can come on down to the NUFC Daily, for news, views, thoughts and opinions – which all amount to the same thing really but it sounds nifty doesn’t it?

You can find it at

http://www.nufcdaily.wordpress.com or follow latest releases by following us on twitter @NUFCDailyBlog 😀

• Ciaran

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Well that 10 minute interview has pretty much encapsulated a lot of what has been making the papers these last few days. Would be easier to digest it all at once wouldn’t it?

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Ciaran,
    To be honest mate, I really can’t be arsed to watch another Pardwho interview. Especially not a 10minute one!

• Ciaran

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Tinman

I sat through it and there were times I wanted to hurl my laptop out the window due to my sheer frustration at his stupid waxy pathetic face.

I hate what this club has been reduced to, or rather, I hate how our club has been reduced to a situation where Alan Pardew is our representative. Disgusting.

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Ciaran,
    Hahaha. You brought it on yourself, you should have known!! But I suppose you have to read / watch everything NUFC now that your a journo too ;)…

• Ciaran

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Tinman

Careful who you’re calling a bloddy journo! Hate the parasites! haha

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Block me from Daily! Haha.
    I’m off anyway mate. In abit.

• Readingmag

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Tinman,.

Yes you’re right…just for fun…I would discuss with you..(outside of the real world of football) He owns the footballers. Try to get the most out improve there performance. Look at Wenger When He first arrived…

Crazy…Keegan, Fergie….Souness ..I am just old skool….yeah your right…and to add to another post…I would rather watch Dicanios pre match than scripted Pardews, ..and the rest of the alleged text book managers.

GTID

• Thump

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

@Tinman: Haven’t heard the ice rumour but I have heard that no player is allowed caffeine or tomato sauce/mayo etc. I think he’s also monitoring the teams salt/sugar intake. All in all, it seems bloody ridiculous. That said, if he gets results I think a lot of managers might start looking at doing similar things. After all, it seemed to work for Capello at club level.

• Tinman

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Thump / Reading,
    think I saw it on BT Sport ‘Lifes a Pitch’, was an ex Arsenal player on, (can’t remember who), they were also looking at the similarities between Paolo and Arsene. Think Arsene must be a bit of a crack pot too.
    Aren’t all geniuses though ;)??
    Anyway, it doesn’t matter, for unless he intentionally screws the mackems over and proves he did it on purpose he will never be a Toon manager. Especially after the game who must not be named….

But really, I must go now… haha

• archaeomag

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

@ED – Thanks – great post – good link

• james589

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Evening all.

Not really related to this article or what has gone before, but is anyone else finding Pardew’s comments re. having to borrow money a little hard to take?

Even if true, interest rates are at an all time low and a business the size of Newcastle could get themselves a good deal. I work in finance and I’m currently working with a large business- much smaller than Newcastle mind. Significant borrowings (>£50m) yet the interest charge for the year is less than £1.5m. Unlike Newcastle, they don’t have the promise of £60-£100m income in 9 months’ time and admittedly much of the debt they have is long-term, but still. Pardew is going to have to do better than that to justify the lack of transfer activity when borrowing is so cheap and they can afford to pay it back in under a year.

I’m glad the club are spending responsibly and in their means (accounts to June 2012 show £0 cash on hand so it sounds like things have improved slightly), but they cannot justify missing out on signings who were well-documented targets by saying they didn’t have the money. Banks would be queued around Leazes Square to lend it to them for not very much and I still feel like Pardew is feeding us reasons for JFK’s failings.

I ain’t buying it.

• yo-yo

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Thump

PDC is a nutter for sure but there is solid method in the salt sugar balance stuff. He may have the right approach in terms of professionalism but he’s just a wild card. Sometimes he’ll win sometimes he’ll lose.
    Paul Le Guin got hammered by the old brigade at Rangers even though his methods were modern – can see PDC having the same resistance if things go badly for a few games

• yo-yo

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM

james

Yes that explanation just does not ring true does it…
    He’s really saying between the lines that MAshley is too tight to speculate on any players despite their fees adding to the club’s total value and has such a rigid structure that we are doomed to mid table mediocrity for the forseeable. That’s how I read the comments anyway

• Ben3arfa

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Pardew lauds us for having 51k at Harper’s testimonial yet disrespects every single fan by continually justifying Mike Ashley that scum bag Kinnear. How the hell is he going to convince us that our squad is good enough to improve.

Bloody bloody pathetic

• Rotonda heights

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Hull Mag

Who says boycotts don’t work? Have you any actual proof?

• Ben3arfa

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:06 PM

ALSO, what is up with the pathetic media attendance pretty much kissing Pardew’s backside every other question??

Has Mike Ashley banned all media that ask hard questions????

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Remy to score twice tomorrow , you heard it here first 😉 .

3-1 to NUFC, Remy 2 , Cisse 1, Benteke 1

• JaxtheMag

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM

pardew just talks bollox, we we bid for a player. then its if we signed sm1 it would of put us in the red and we were not gonna do that, what a tosser.

• HullMag6

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:27 PM

In the bigger picture as I see it gate receipts dropping wont hurt ash much – smaller crowds = less stewards and support staff. And if we actually get really vocal behind the team it lifts them and drives them on. Smaller crowds, mortuary like atmosphere = heads drop / were going down. 1 loss against city and workman like matches so far its dodgy ground but there’s still a little hope.

There needs to be a regime change but who and when?

• mattnufc

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Can’t see us scoring thrice considering we’ve scored 1 in 3 games so far.

• BDin9

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:48 PM

How about protest at halftime. Full on 15 mins. Then back to supporting the team?

• Himanshu Dhingra

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM

This guy will be good for us, currently a free agent

• Himanshu Dhingra

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Knowing Newcastle’s hierarchy we will probably look at some who played in Harper’s testimonial

• fatman

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM

• Belfast

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Can’t take the guy seriously anymore after that bollox he came out with after the transfer window.

I’ve thought he was a knob head for a long time now to be honest, but now he’s an even bigger knob head.

The sooner we see the back of him and his boss the better.

• bills-son

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Ciaran @ 15,

You hate the parasites?

And what do you think you are?

You use Ed’s blog to blatantly peddle your blog in yout attempt to divert readers and traffic and line your pocket and ego. If you are so smart and such a riveting article writer why not make your own way like Ed originally did instead of parasiting like you are now?

You are becoming a right pain in the ar$e.

• stan anderson

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Has Pardew.s comments killed the blog.
    He does come out with a load of Bo—cks does,nt he

• Mister Tuff

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM

bills – ah you’ve been a bit quiet -come on now what’s your take on Percys’ latest “overdraught mumblings”

mad greengrocer from the HEED – come on -you’ve been a bit quiet -what’s your take on Percys’ latest spoutings.

• Ciaran

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Bills

You don’t like me on a personal level, I get it. But this nitpicking at everything I say is getting a bit ridiculous don’t you think?

As for lining my own pockets? I’ve not made any money for writing my blog. There is a difference between being a parasitic journo making up nonsense in order to get a headline, and a young writer who is using an established, well respected blog to try and get a leg up.

If you want to say you don’t like me, come right out and say it. The way you’re currently conducting yourself is both childish and cowardly.

• Uncertain Toon

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Did I hear that right?
    He said we looked at the Ukranian wide players!
    He is so full of sh!t it’s unbearable!
    The reporters were more or less answering their own questions, what a load of bollocks his interviews are. You can tell when he hasn’t rehearsed cos he says what he feels like end of season when he said he was glad we’re not in europe!
    If he doesn’t start the team that finished the Fulham game he needs his heed looked at!