Yohan Cabaye Does The Right Thing – Good For Him

Yohan Cabaye has now formally apologized to Newcastle fans for refusing to play in the first two league games of the season, and Yohan has been interviewed on the club site , no doubt advised to issue an apology by manager Alan Pardew, who knows Yohan shouldn’t have taken the action he did.

yohan cabaye villa park

Yohan Cabaye – in action again for Newcastle

This is what he has said on the club site today, when he was interviewed

“It was very, very good to be back in the team; a really nice feeling,” “The most important thing for me is to be on the pitch and to play.”  “I want to do my best for the club, for the team, for everyone and, of course, I want to win every game we play.”

“The ovation was very nice to hear.” If the fans were – or still are – mad at me for what happened then I understand and I apologize to them.” “I want to come back from what has happened.”

“For Newcastle fans, football is their life (he’s right about that) and I want to say that I am going to give everything – as I have from my first day here – from today until the end of the season.”

“In your career you do not have a career without bad moments.” “I have moved on and now in my head I just want to work really hard, to get back in the team every week and to help the team – that is the most important thing for me.”

“I want to forget what happened during the summer, I want to put it behind me and give everything for Newcastle every day, for the club and for my teammates.” “Yes, I can achieve my dreams at Newcastle, why not?”

“I went to the European Championships playing for Newcastle so yes, I am confident that if I am on the pitch and playing well in the Premier League then I have a good chance of going to the World Cup.” “It is a good thing to be here at Newcastle in the World Cup year, if we qualify.”

“I was happy and I am still happy.” “I just want to try and score goals and play well.” “It is important I do that because Newcastle is my club and there is a World Cup at the end of the season, which I want to play in.” “It is very important to be right in my head and I am.”

Well,  we all have made mistakes in life and it’s always shows maturity when you fess up and admit you are wrong , and it’s very good that Yohan has issued this apology to Newcastle fans.

Now we can move on and forget about what Yohan did when Arsenal were after him in the summer – yes, he head his head turned – and he’s now admitted that.

The only thing that matters now is the next game at St. James’ Park where we hope to see a sell-out crowd cheer the lads on against Hull City, in what could be (yet) another win.

But we may need Yohan Cabaye to score a goal for us. 😀

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Grumpy

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Sure he means it …does he have a bridge to sell.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM

TS

Bit harsh putting Raylor in that bin when he was laying damn well for us until his first injury! It’s a real shame that he’s not competing for a place in the squad at either full back or midfield. We could do with his set piece ability too…

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM

jesper

I think you’re about right about Gomis. That makes a lot of sense.

• Pokat

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM

To all Newcastle fans I apologise, I want to play well for the club so I get selected to go to the world cup and then end the season earning my ticket outta here. Again.

Lol

• Pokat

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I think my love for dreamboat as cooled a bit lately. I should have known by his niggly play and maltreatment of ballboys he would have a petulant streak

I dont think I can trust him any more….sob

“You’ve lost that Lovin’ Feelin..” 🙂

• bills-son

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM

The issue here is not Cabaye wanting to move to Arsenal for Champs Lge football in World Cup season and double his wages into the bargain …

It’s whether he refused to play for the club – or whether the club decided not to play him.

We still don’t know what the truth is – if he decided not to play then his apology and commitment to the cause is exactly what he should be doing.

• roy

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Its all history now he’s a professional and he will do his best for the club now that he realises his worth to other clubs isn’t megabucks.

• EastEndMagpie

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

In other words….

“I’m really gutted I couldn’t force a move through, I put my all into it, but turns out I played so shite that I’m apparently only worth 10mill…. psssshh… I guess I’ll have to play my nuts of to prove I’m not as shit and un-professional as I now look, but don’t worry, As soon as I have, and an acceptable bid comes in, I’m on the first plane out of here.”

Lost all respect for that guy, by all means he has every right to want to move to a “bigger” club, but atleast conduct yourself with a bit of respect, and show some to the club that pays you, and fans that love you.

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

If he puts in the performances on the pitch and gets back to his best then all will be forgiven we simply cant afford any passengers this season

• Ciaran

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

We don’t know the whole truth, so it would be best to reserve our judgements. If he gives his all for us this season and gets his move next season, can we really complain?

• fat spuggy

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Surely the key is we have always been a selling club. He knew that he could go for the right price (to a better club?). But Arse Wenger’s transfer policy might be the only one worse than ours. It was the blind leading the blind = monumental cock up. And PSG knew they were losing their manager to Spain.

Only one player of truly great stature refused better offers to come here – Shearer.

We need Kebab. He is a good player. Methinks he has been led up the garden path and now suddenly he’s alone. He wants his international spot for Brazil. Who can blame him. He knows “WE” like him really. So he is following his advisers (my guess) and playing it canny.

Same as Rooney. No difference.

True – we are good. But not that good these days.

• EastEndMagpie

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I just don’t agree with him saying this now when he quite clearly put a lot of effort into leaving us in the shit, and would have left as soon as a decent bid came in, that late in the window, gotta say for once fair play to Ashley for standing firm on the price, doubt he will again though.

But yeah Ciaran, your right that if he does play his heart out all year, and leaves in the summer, you cant really complain.

I have a sneaky suspision that this may continue in January sadly. Cant really blame him as the lack of investment this summer must have annoyed a lot of players, but like I said I would have expected a player like Cabaye who I looked up to and considered to be our captain in waiting to conduct himself in a better manner.

You don’t see Baines and Rooney having to say sorry to the fans….. they don’t have to because of the way they conducted themselves.

• bills-son

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

fat spuggy // Sep 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Surely the key is we have always been a selling club.
    __________________________________________

Really?

If we were a selling club Krul, HBA, Cabaye and Colo wouldn’t still be here.

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Every player at NUFC has his price but that is true of every club.

If someone would have offered £20 million + for Cabaye anyone would have taken it.

There are a million and one things we can slaughter Ashley for there’s no need to invent reasons to hate the man

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

fat spuggy

A selling club? Hmmm. We’ve sold Carroll, Enrique and Ba (with a release clause) to bigger clubs in the last 3 years. Seeing as we had no say on Ba leaving, Carroll was an amazing deal and we replaced Enrique for about the same money with Santon, I’d say that’s not bad.

As for you making the point about players refusing better offers to join NUFC – only two types of people would, Geordies and idiots.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM

He screwed up, now it’s time to move on. If he plays like he did in 2011/12 then all is forgiven. If he plays like he did last year then we’re better off without him.

HWTL!

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Well I read that statement from Cabaye loud and clear that he did refuse to play because he wanted a move for what ever reason!

…Pardew has hinted that the agents are to blame, but that Cabaye is by no mean innocent!

Cannot see this being that complicated though I will accept that it is not the whole truth and we will probably never know it 🙂

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM

jesper

For me I think that Cabaye did want the move (who could blame him) and the decision was made between player and club not to play him to safeguard the potential transfer, but when it became obvious that no one would meet Ashley’s asking price the game changed.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I accept the apology but that doesn’t mean he won’t be of in January or next summer . He fails to mention if he wants to really stay at NUFC in that interview.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

JB…Pardew said that they did recieve a bid from Arsenal but that is way way below asking price! If that is the case I cannot see why Newcastle couldn’t or wouldn’t play him?

…from what Pardew has hinted then Cabaye was not in the right place and I think that is Pardew being nice 😉 lol

• fatman

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:43 PM

bills-son

are you still trying to sell that old chest nut again,
    we did not sell players, simply because no one wanted to buy them, or do you believe the Mexican evening scandal about Ashley’s new transfer system, that (when Ashley wants to sell the big clubs have to buy), i think maybe it was a joke or p******e, not sure you were actually meant to take it seriously.

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM

jesper

They had one bid come in from Arsenal of around £12 million but everyone knew that PSG and were interested as well. The hope was that between Arsenal and PSG they would come close to meeting the asking price of the lad and so he was protected from any chance of injury until it was known that no one would meet the asking price.

For me it’s a case of a player wanting to leave and the club wanting to sell if the valuation was met.

As for Pardew’s comment’s………………….he say’s whatever he’s told to say 😉

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM

JB…haha 😉 that is true!

…maybe it is me but I cannot see why we wouldn’t want to play Cabaye when we had not recieved a bid that was accepted instead of playing the waiting game!

…don’t buy that part! I still think Cabaye was not in the right place to use Pardew’s expression 😉

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM

jesper

It’s the same thing as Spurs did with Bale, they didn’t play him although they hadn’t agreed a price with Real

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM

JB…with Spurs we are not talking about Real not meeting what would be an acceptable price for Bale were we? 😉

…Bale was not being played because he was off to Real, but the parts of the deal needed sorted! That is a big difference if you ask me!

You know it is not the first time in the history a player has tried to force a move and refused to play 😉 and it probably wouldn’t be the last either!

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM

jesper

there was no guarantee that the Bale deal would go through though and knowing Ashley to be the devious little bugger that he is, he would have protected any possible deal.

If Cabaye had played the first game of the season and picked up a serious injury then any potential deal was off there and then and at that point no one was to know whether or not his valuation would be met, as soon as that was known he was back playing. Coincidence?

• John Tudor

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

more twists than a game of pontoon

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM

JB
    Bale stopped turning up to training mate, he forced that deal through and defiantly refused to play
    The club made it clear his behaviour was unacceptable, just like pardew did with cabaye, he said the way he acted was wrong and he’d made a huge error of judgement

• toonking

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM

TDS
    I have to say very well done for the way you were with ruddy on that last blog.

I am not happy with Ashley as the owner myself but I like you and BS just get on with supporting the club because in all honesty I have little respect for most owners as they are all making our international team get worst every year.

this might have been a bad transfer window but the worst ones we have had in my opinion while he was around was the years we sold carroll and ba.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM

”We we’re relegated because Ashley made the wrong managerial appointments”, nothing to do with the poisonous atmosphere of mistrust he created and the selling of James Milner then, and how did he nearly get us relegated last season, must be Pardews fault, is that classed as a managerial appointment or was that before the five year plan and he hadn’t properly learnt from his many mistakes, oh and Joe Kinnery was that the beginning of a new five year plan and being allowed to say he learns from his mistakes, he won’t appoint him a third time.

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM

tads

Strange then we haven’t heard anything about the player being fined?

• toonarmydownsouth

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM

JB
    They got £86 million for him mate I doubt there that bothered about a couple of grand
    There were numerous statements mate about him not turning up
    I know Ashley does a hell of a lot wrong but this is the one thing I don’t think he had anything to do with
    Do you think Ashley would let pardew make derisory comments about a player whenit was Ashley who withdrew him from the squad???

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM

tads

Not on about Bale, I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything about Cabaye being fined if he refused to play

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM

toonking

Thank you. I don’t have a problem with people having different views than I do of course, but I at least think I can expect that they will appreciate my point of view and actually respond to it properly rather than just spouting the same old rubbish.

The window we sold Carroll without replacement looked really bad at the time as I was worried we could get relegated without a proper striker, but we were ok. When we sold Ba, don’t forget that we also signed 5 players. Not so shabby.

I’m all for a new owner if someone comes forward with an exciting and ambitious proposal, but I’m not going to make myself miserable by ignoring the exciting players we have now and the decent results that we’re getting.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM

JB…As if the club would want us to know they fined Cabaye…that would mean we have some money and that doesn’t tie in with us being skint 😉

• JackButler

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Ibiza

😀

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Decent results were getting ?, we have had one decent result since beating Southampton about fifteen games ago, unless you want to count a scrappy 2-1 win over QPR and two 1-0 wins over Fulham as decent results.

• MrToon

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM

He looks like he has special needs in that photo.

• JackButler