Pardew – I’m Still Lived About Saturday – Make No Mistake

Alan Pardew gave his press conference this afternoon for tomorrow’s Capital One Cup tie against Leeds United at home, and if we can win that one, e will be through to the last 16 of the tournament – that would be good.

alan pardew stern unsmiling

Alan Pardew – still livid about Saturday

Alan seemed to be a little bit somber during the press  conference,  but he said he will put out a strong side tomorrow night, but Paul Dummett and Sammy Ameobi will play and Alan said he was still livid about the performance last Saturday:

“Our fans want to win a trophy, they want to go to Wembley and see some silverware. So do I, trust me. I’ve come close before. I want to win something. This competition is one that over the last few years has been contested by the squads by clubs in the Premier League.”

“That is because we want to see what options we have for the league, and maybe that’s a little bit demeaning. We’ll have a strong squad, but there are one or two I want to look at, to see if they can push to be starters, the likes of Paul Dummett and Sammy Ameobi, who are knocking on the door.”

“This will be a team that makes up for a disappointing game on Saturday. I’m still livid about that result, so  make no mistake, we will be at the races on Wednesday night.”

“The games, particularly in the FA Cup, have fallen when we have had terrible injuries both times. Fingers crossed  that in January I have the sort of squad I have available now.”  “There is no excuse for not winning tomorrow.” “It’s a home tie and, although it’s against a great club, we should win.”

Cheick Tiote will start the game as well as Dummett and Sammy Ameobi.

Alan Pardew again said that he was very disappointed by the performance and result on Saturday and he still hadn’t got over it,  and he kept mentioning that in the press conference, but tomorrow night would be a good time to put that right.

And this is the very first home game in a domestic cup since he came to Newcastle, and he said he didn’t  want to lose.

We have to get  through against Leeds, otherwise it will be two defeats in a row – and by definition at Newcastle – that’s officially a crisis. 😀

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• John Tudor

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM

did he not say flaccid

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Alan, I’m still livid that you’re in charge following your continuous inability to get the team to show cohesive, positive performances.

• Laurent Robert 32

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

“Make no mistake.”

• beddersmag

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Any team with anita sissoko and cabaye in midfield plus two attacking full backs is likely to ship goals. People slate tiote and jonas but they are the only midfielders we have who will put themselves about and show some fight. Would be nice if we had some midfielders who can tackle and play a bit i guess. Im more inclined to blame gutless individual performances than pardew for this one. He cant do it for them they do have to show up and do the business

• Rooster

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM

PARDEW LIVID BEACUSE BIG MIKE AND DANGEROUS JOE WERE THERE TO SEE US GET STUFFED AND YOU MADE TO LOOK LIKE A CNUT, sorry for caps, couldn’t help it.

Beddersmag, I know were you are coming from but we took plenty of tonkings wi tiote n Jonas in our team, in fact we got done 9 times at home last season and they played in most of the buggers.

• LeedsMag

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I’ve just replayed the game tonight (sad person that I am) and guess what – I’m still livid as well.Looking at the set up again,any well organised team can come to SJP and do that to us .With both HBA and Santon coming inside all the time and no width to stretch teams apart from Remy or Gouffran,we are easy to shut out and then the ball gets nicked off us all too easily and we are on the back foot.Add to that a complete lack of cover for Debuchy(who can be flaky) from HBA and defensively we are easily exposed.If HBA has an off day offensively,then it very easily falls apart.
    The only other solution is a quick ,powerful CF who can hold and keep the ball to let runners get past him but we dont have that either.
    On Saturday there seemed to be no plan B when things stalled

• MacToon

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM

“Our fans want to win a trophy, they want to go to Wembley and see some silverware.”

Doesn’t every fan but it’s NOT our priority so don’t put words in our mouths. We didn’t want a trophy signing either this summer, just sensible and logical building but you , JFK and Ashley failed at that too!!! FFS how difficult is it or does is come natural to a bunch of cnuts like you.

For me atleast it’s #Time4Change and clearly from the top down. Ashley has NO intention of any ambition other than to remain in the premiership, rake in the premiership millions while advertising his tat shop empire to all and sundry.

March on the 19th, join this growing wave of discontent.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM

MacToon

Winning a trophy isn’t your priority?! I’d say that winning any trophy would be the best thing possible for this club. We really need to shake that monkey off our back.

You’re wrong that Ashley has no intention other than remaining in the PL either.

I’ve told you several times that if you’re going to go up against someone, you need to understand them. You don’t understand what drives him.

• MacToon

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

OK tds, whatever…. it was said earlier you are too far removed. Don’t jump on every or ant comment of mine, it’s really not worth the effort.
    I’m a simple fan who wants my team to compete, that’s my priority you patronising, dimwitted, ignorant gobshite 😉
    I’m entiltled to an opinion?

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

MacToon

I just happened to login just after your post.

Who cares if someone says I am too far removed. What the f do they know?

You’re entitled to an opinion and I think I am too without the ridiculous insults. And what’s the point of a wink after?

Perhaps you are just a simple fan…

• MacToon

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

and for the record, my priority would be to get an owner whose ambitions match the fans.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM

You can’t write a post without an insult? And who the hell decides that
    I’m too far removed? Have you seen the number of people who post on here with similar views to?? There are plenty! But they get shot down and insulted by ignorant and arrogant people.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Ambition to match the fans…bah! You mean the ambition yo match fans like you. Do you realise that there are other fans with opinions just as valid as yours and we deserve to be listened to as well?

You have a go at MA for not listening to the fans. How about you listen to the fans who don’t follow your campaign??

Sheer arrogance.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:47 AM

If you ever want an open minded discussion and can have it without insults, let me know. I’m interested in time4change and you never know, you might even learn something…

• MacToon

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:47 AM

You can’t write a post without an insult?

MacToon // Sep 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

(hidden insult?)

“I’m too far removed? Have you seen the number of people who post on here with similar views to??”

to ……. what?

“There are plenty! But they get shot down and insulted by ignorant and arrogant people.”

typical terort using oppositions arguements to (try) and make a point.

“You’re entitled to an opinion as much as I am and if you actually had the brains to read and understand by opinion then you might better understand what you’re up against.”

Makes very little sense but you should understand I am actually a reader nowadays rather than a poster because of incomprehensible, contrived, ignorant claptrap you post 😉

• MacToon

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I’m so arrogant….. You know ziltch about me.

Open minded discussion with you…. why would I want that?
    I read every (well nearly) post you made for the last few months and decided you had nothing to offer. Maybe that is my arrogance or maybe it’s just being able to read what little you actually had to offer!!!
    maybe it’s not me who is the arrogant one!

• Sydney Toon

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM

TDS
    Im with you mate!! A march will make MA laugh not cringe with fear. If he wanted to sell the club, he would have a while a ago. He is in it for the long haul and as I pointed out yesterday and I was surprisingly not crucified for it, that he will remain no matter what some of our more temperamental fans do. there is a commitment to his system, it is flexible but requires success on the pitch by reaching the modest targets set. We didn’t reach those targets set, in fact we nearly destroyed much of the hard work over the past 3 seasons to get the club back on solid ground. It is definite that MA saw the financial impact of last season and a minimal budget was provided. He may see where we stand in January, rely on recent performances, reports from JK on the playing side and the medical side and where we believe we will end up. MA has employed, putting aside it is JK here, people to advise him on the way forward. People are asking a lot more than what is humanely possible of MA. He cant attend training sessions, he cant be at every meeting, make every transfer enquiry. He has other empires to worry about, hence why he wants our club to run on it’s own, to run like the well oiled machine it is very capable of. The foundations are there, we have always been known as the sleeping giant that has an inner turmoil. Well I see a stable and financially solid club that is building to something albeit slowly.

MacToon
    So when and where is this “new owner” coming on his white horse to save us from the MA apocalypse??? Maybe start a lobby to find a willing & ambitious buyer rather than forcing Ashley to walk, oh hang on you would prefer to embarrass the rest of the supporters by marching! You are no better than those deluded Blackburn supporters!

• MacToon

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:57 AM

#Time4Change had another meeting tonight and decided overwhelmingly they weren’t interested in ToonDarnSarf , infact you raised quite a chuckle 😉 especially the

ToonDarnSarf // Sep 22, 2013 at 7:43 PM

TS

Zoom in on that photo. It’s photoshopped.

Another idiot trying to destabilise our club

——————————————

• Sydney Toon

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

MacToon
    Looks like a massive march attendance of 92….You must be so proud!

• MacToon

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Spent quite a time in Newcastle N-S-W and enjoyed the time there. I frequented the Newcastle Jets games quite a bit but enjoyed playing cricket the most with the dinky die Oz mates i made.
    No beef with you Sydney, you have your opinions, I have mine and you don’t preach.

No doubt there’s people who will agree with the likes of TDS but it doesn’t mean he’s right OR wrong. Expect the usual Bills (BS) and IT to follow. I’m no pup.

• Sydney Toon

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:20 AM

MacToon
    Did they throw some shrimp on the barbie as well for you 😉 no beef with you but you need to understand that there are positive & realistic posters on here that will cringe at your planned march, I for one am one of them.
    If you feel a march is worthy, then by all means go for it. However, if the march becomes non peaceable and embarrasses our club, I hope you are equipped to deal with the consequences of the authorities.
    Again, wanting a new owner can have a positive or reverse affect. I don’t see the club in a mess, I see a conservative owner who is building the club slowly but can only do that by following a strategy he has based his own personal success around. Why move away from something he has relied upon for years. Makes no sense to ask him to blow his own money, he already has done that to keep us afloat, mind you he should have done a little more due diligence, but if he did, would he have bought us?? I think not, leaving us with Sheppard who would have not been equipped to stop the rot.
    I’m not a preacher, but I am realistic and come from a strobng corporate environment and I can see the long term benefits coming in due course, it is jjust going to take a lot more patience from fans. However, if this march gets MA to sell up and we get a new owner who wants to use the stability of the club and grow it more quickly, then it could be worthwhile. Unfortunately in the current financial climate, I really don’t see it happening. Why do you think an Arab owners just bought into Sheffield Utd & Leeds, because the outlay is less, the outlay over a few seasons is less. Same as Fulham who have an American Owner, who is no way a maverick, he is as conservative as Ashley if not worse, his Jacksonville Jaguars team in the NFL is a testament to his strategies. Any new prospective owner who wants Newcastle is going to have to pay over 250m for even MA to consider it. We have no debts, so effectively there is a good sale point, unfortunately finding the right owner who can outlay that kind of money and continue to put 50-100m in each season is next to impossible to find in this climate. Again, if it happens wonderful, but the realist and experience I have, tells me Ashley is here to stay. Final point, what if MA decides to seel but nobody comes and buys us, MA could change face completely, and pull out of the club, where does that leave us?? What if he decides to stop funding the club?? Again, although it was initially a joke, find a the right owner to talk to MA, then it will work.

• MacToon

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:33 AM

First point Sydney, it’s not my march. 😉 not even close

Secondly, hate shrimps but loved the steaks 😉 was actually (by accident) part of the “most drive through fast food served in southern hemisphere” record while I was there. My parents married in Sydney. My brother was born in Sydney. I married in Hervey Bay Queensland.. My parents are from Heaton and Nth Shields before people question my heritage, the fickle flippers they can be.

“However, if this march gets MA to sell up and we get a new owner who wants to use the stability of the club and grow it more quickly, then it could be worthwhile”

Or let’s not bother trying!

It’s late here so hitting the hay. Fight your own battles mate, not other peoples would be my advice.

• dcdick

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Pardew out !!!

• jimmysmith

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:41 AM

A protest march in and of itself is a worthy thing to do in my view.
    It will demonstrate the very real and growing discontent with the ownership to a local and national audience, it may be the beginnings of something more forceful and it is a lawful exercise in free speech. If I were in Newcastle I would march.

• Sydney Toon

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:48 AM

MacToon
    Nice to know you have some history down under 😉
    Fighting my own battles, just coincides that I am similar to TDS and co that feel we are a lot better than some think.
    Again, no disrespect, enjoy the march, I wont be supporting it but each person reserves the right to do whatever they feel is right.

Jimmy
    Thanks for the positive message a few post’s ago mate

A march, like I said could get the desired affect or it may backfire, I just don’t see where an owner will come from that will match the ambitions of some supporters. I agree on your viewpoint that MA has made mistakes that has put some elements of the club backwards, but at the same time are we dreaming of the right owner or are we actually realistic on what we want from the club?

• jimmysmith

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM

I’m sympathetic with your views ST and held similar ones myself for some time. I now think Ashley is first and foremost exploiting NUFC to promote SD and that any progress we make will always be in the service of that. I’m not happy with that in the same way as I’m not happy about Wonga, and also after 6 less than ordinary years I’d simply be happy to see a change. To be frank, I don’t even know if I really would take any pride in any success for Newcastle if it comes in the owners image.

• Sydney Toon

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:13 AM

JS, I can empathise with you on the Wonga and the frustrating amount of SD signage everywhere, it is definitely not ideal. I think you can take pride in the badge and in the end that should matter to us fans. If we achieve future success, it wont erase the past but will make the process of reaping the rewards of the sacrifices made a lot easier to swallow.

• jimmysmith

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Yeah well, probably not such a good idea to get overly precious about it, considering the whole game at the elite level is essentially a fairly unscrupulous, money making, glory seeking exercise.

Which only makes it doubly hard to retain any sort of unsullied romantic view of the club with this lot running it and there’s little doubt they could do better, while there’s a good deal of doubt as to whether they really want to.

• Santon03

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:39 AM

I still don’t understand why people still blaming Santon regarding last game? The goals were from moves from our right side. Aluko’s goal was from outside the box and from left wing cross (our right side), Al Muhammady’s goal was from corner and Santon was marking someone at far post. Are you guys blaming him because he usually stands near goal post?
    Even the commentator said that Hull is exploiting NUFC right side. Even Danny Grahamm almost scored couple of times from the moves that started at our right side.
    I don’t understand this. I hope Santon moves to Milan next season or in January. I feel sorry for him.

• Santon03

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:52 AM

It will be amazing if Santon joins Milan, hopefully Krul too. Abate on the right Santon on the left, Honda and Kaka behind Balotelli, Matri, and El Shaarawy.

• Santon03

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:56 AM

they will also have Pazzini returning. Also still have Montolivo, Nocerino, Muntari, De Jong and Poli.

• peaco1980

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Blah, blah, blah. It’s this sort of ridiculous statement that really disengages me from football. I even heard Pardew say that he was “hurting” from the result on Saturday. It’s all meaningless cliched PR – just words that when you look at them properly don’t actually mean anything at all. Just keep your mouth shut get the team playing well Alan, that’s all we care about.

• Santon03

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I’m amazed with Milan players.

He is not the first player to this in Milan. Redondo also refused to be paid while he was injured.
    Why can’t we have this kind of attitude from our players?

• John Tudor

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:36 AM

get the lot out

• theartfuldodger

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM

We are in good shape now. But the future with Ashley isnt bright cause theres no defined future or plan. We saw that when we finished 5th.
    Im not saying its easy to compete with bigger teams and get into CL regularly. But atleast make signings you think should be made.

My problem with Ashley, along with his penny pinching, is his inability to create a “Feel Good Atmosphere” at the club.

• John Tudor

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM

i disagree, we are in a poor state wehave good players led by cretins, time for re-structuring

• John Tudor

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:42 AM

ashley will be eating all the pies and drinking all the beer watching his team in an empty stadium

• John Tudor

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM

i can re-phrase that he should be

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM

A thought, we are after a striker, Ciprian Marica is reportedly in talks with 3 Prem clubs – Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham. According to news today he is set to turn down Spurs and Arsenal due to probable lack of game time. Surely we should be looking at this, even just for a short term solution – especially if he does end up deciding to join West Ham.

• John Tudor

Sep 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM

ashley dictates minimum spend till in the crap no chance