The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Local Lad The Best Player On The Pitch Last Night

8:29 am, Thursday, September 26th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 6 Comments

Sammy Ameobi had another good game for the first team last night and he combined well down the left wing with Paul Dummett, who also had a good game for Newcastle.

sammy ameobi paul dummett

Great show of Sammy and Paul from last night – I love you man!

And Sammy is ahead in our poll for Newcastle’s best player last night, and Paul is in third place with 9%, with goalscorer Yoan Gouffran splitting the local lads with 24% of the vote.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Leeds?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

It’s really great to see two local lads, who have come through the  Academy do so well, and Sammy joined the club when he was just 14 years old, and Paul joined at 9 years old.

Sammy set up both Newcastle’s goals, for Papiss Cisse, his first goal of the season with a powerful header from Sammy’s great cross, and Yoan Gouffran, after being given the ball in the penalty area by Ameobi, after another good run from the 21 year-old down that left wing.

Both lads are pushing for a starting place at Everton next Monday night.

There’s still time to vote if you haven’t already done so.

And here are the two goals if you haven’t seen them yet – there’s a short advert before the video of the two good goals.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse · Paul Dummett · Sammy Ameobi · Yoan Gouffran

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 Wandering Geordie // Sep 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Great goal by Gouffran and good link up with Sammy and Dummett

• 2 martoon // Sep 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Good solid performance last night but I’m not sure I agree with Pardew about Tiote – he still gave the ball away needlessly in dangerous areas – against a better team we could have been punished.
    I really like Gouffran, he always tries hard and I can’t remember him having a really bad game.

• 3 Burni // Sep 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I thinks its excellent that someone local can show that they have what it takes to play for the first team…. both dummet and ameobi were fantastic but I voted ameobi the second the polls were up. About time someone can put a cross straight on someones head. Just after I was saying “stop crossing, were getting nowhere with crosses” lol

• 4 one Tony Green // Sep 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM

We need to look to try and win this competition or at least get us a trip to Wembley.

• 5 Krul To Be Kind // Sep 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I thought SAmeobi was very good last night and if I was to split hairs I would say that someone in the coaching team needs to mention to him about his movement after he releases the ball. All too often when he does something decent he stands back and watches instead of being hot on his heels and moving on helping to create space, but a gret show all the same and good tosee him starting to live up to the hype, just really hope it’s not a glass ceiling!

Well done to the lads for a professional job and overcoming a very much potential banana skin!

• 6 ArtyH // Sep 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Sammy and Paul Dummett seemed to complement each other last night, maybe because they have built up an understanding from the academy training, not sure how they would get on individually if separated. They seem to have a symbiotic relationship. Just my 2 pennarth. Goofy was excellent last night also, is building up a great head of steam, IMHO he was very industrious and gained a lot of possession in midfield.

previous post: Goalscorer Thanks Team Mate For Believing In Him