The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

The Battle Between These Midfield Pair – Good For Newcastle

3:12 pm, Friday, September 27th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 105 Comments

We thought Cheick Tiote played a solid game for Newcastle United on Wednesday night, and certainly he will be pushing for a start at Goodison Park on Monday night, where we are hoping that Newcastle can pick up at least a point.

cheick tiote wonga 1

Cheick Tiote – pressing for first team start

Having thrown 3 points away against Hull City, we now have to try to make up those lost points, and on Monday night it will be a good chance, although a tough game against an in-form Everton, the only unbeaten side in the Premier League right now.

Certainly Alan Pardew has said Cheick has been looking good in training, and he had this to say about the Ivorian today:

“On transition when we were attacking and we turned over the ball, we were more solid, and Tiote had a lot to do with that.” “He was back to near his best. He was a lot more comfortable in possession than last year. He looks more like himself and I am hoping for a big season from Cheick.”

“I didn’t think last year went well for Cheick in terms of the player he is, and that coincided with the team.” “When he’s at his best, I think we are at our best and defensively on Saturday (against Hull) he could have made a difference.”

“He gave us a little lift at Villa when he came on, so the signs are good. He has been unlucky to be out of the team because of injury, and he has a chance now to reaffirm the quality he has.”

Of course Vurnon Anita has taken his chance and has played very solidly for Newcastle since Cheick has been out,  and there’s no doubt that Vurnon is a very good technical player, who very rarely gives the ball away.

vurnon anita ncle

Vurnon Anita – playing well for Newcastle

Alan Pardew talked about the man who has been keeping Cheick out of the first team starting line-up for the last few games:

“He’s an economical user of the ball. He does a lot of work, a bit like Tiote, which doesn’t always go detected.” “But he has his nose in front of Cheick at the minute, and Cheick will be desperate to address that.”

“That’s what you want, that’s the competition. Vurnon is under pressure to play well because he has Cheick Tiote, one of the best in the last few years in the Premier League, breathing down his neck.”

“But it’s his economical use of the ball which has been beneficial to us in recent games.”

Vurnon Anita and Cheick Tiote will give Alan Pardew some selection problems, but that’s exactly what we want to see, and it’s very good for the Newcastle side.

And one thing we like about Cheick is that he’s a great professional, and he welcomes the challenge for his place, and also seems to improve his form when his place under pressure, so that’s always good to see.

Competition for places is what makes players perform on the pitch, and with Vurnon playing so well, we can be assured the competition is only a good thing for the Newcastle team.

Long may it continue.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Coaching · Newcastle News · Vurnon Anita

105 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ciaran // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM

There is no battle here for god sake! One is an average at best player with limited ability, the other can actually play football.

• 2 Transfer Sage // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM

ciaran

I still don’t think Ashley is that bad at stopping cup runs….we have got through two rounds, especially the leeds game we fielded a pretty strong side as well.

It may be that we don’t target cups but i don’t think we dismiss them or try to get out early.

It’s a balancing act for owners and managers to get these things right and so far this year we have, even last year we progressed well in europe.

• 3 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:27 PM

TS

No. What the club has said is that the cups aren’t the focus. So the league is number one priority. The cups are presumably nice to haves.

If they wanted us to get knocked out of the cup early, then they could have just played a reserve team against Leeds.

I think Pardew would only rest several first team players if it was either against much lower league opposition or we were under threat in the league.

• 4 Maladoni 69 // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM

What if you put both Mick Martin and Davy Mac in a room full of shovels and asked Pardew to take his pick?

• 5 JaxtheMag // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

if the board have no interest in winning any cups the man city game live on sky is the game the fans should give a miss. there taking the piss out us all.

• 6 roy // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Apparently we had agreed to sign both Tom Ince and McCarthy in the summer the deals were all but tied up. Ashley pulled the plug as they wanted ten grand more a week in wages than Ashley was prepared to pay.

• 7 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Ciaran, I hope you take this as constructive criticism rather than a personal attack.
    Your post at @ no1 is a perfect example of why you rub so many people up the wrong way. Nothing wrong with nailing your colouurs to the mast as to which player you prefer but was the comment ” If you are confused as to which one is which, then I am afraid you are past the point of rescue.”
    The constant denigrating of anyone who does not share your opinion is totally unnecessary.

• 8 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM

@ Roy source for this info ?

• 9 roy // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM

A former Newcastle legend, who also said the players love Pardew, and understand he is being shafted by Ashley and that Kinnear will be gone in the not to distant future.

• 10 theartfuldodger // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Last Week Of the Season

Capitol1 cup final – Newcastle vs Arsenal
    Last PL game of the season -Newcastle vs ??? . A win will move newcastle from 14th to 11th.

Whom would you want us to focus on ?
    Who do you think Ashley wants us to focus on ?

• 11 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Roy well I sincerely hope the last part turns out to be true and it is heartening that Pardew still has the respect of the players. Knowing the parameters that MA sets out could well be true.

• 12 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

JaxtheMag

No need to take it to extremes. The board didn’t say that they had no interest in winning a cup, just that the league would be the focus.

They put out a strong squad against Leeds and as we’re now 4 games away from a trophy, it makes sense to go for it as long as it doesn’t jeopardize our league position.

I expect we’ll put out a proper squad against City as long as we’re doing well in the league. If not, then I expect any player with a knock, is tired or is the only fit first team player in that position will be rested.

Pretty much every club has the same attitude to be honest.

• 13 roy // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I’m sorry if it all sounds a bit vague, but i have literally just attended a business lunch and the legend who does a lot of corporate work at SJP, said that Pardew, would love to bring the Keegan days back with the big signings but Ashley will not any of it.

• 14 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Roy, apologies if I sounded a little suspicious but quite often when people make claims on here when challenged on the info it often comes down to the old mate of a mate scenario. We all know what MA policy is with transfers so I can well believe this to be true.

• 15 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:02 PM

roy

That’s not exactly gold dust though is it…

The players have come out in support of Pardew several times and I think it’s pretty clear that he must have excellent man management skills to have retained the likes of Krul, Cabaye, Colo, Ben Arfa and Tiote at the club. Also, I he’d lost the respect of the players, then the first thing we’d hear about it is that he’d been sacked.

I also think every managers wishes that the owner would spend a bit more money, the question is how much is Pardew fighting a battle against Ashley and how much is smoke and mirrors.

As for JFK…no way could he know that. That might be his opinion but it doesn’t mean much.

• 16 Ciaran // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Tequila

Concerns are noted buddy.

• 17 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM

@Roy. I think your Geordie legend is exactly that. A leg-end

• 18 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Ciaran, no worries mate, I have been known to have a few battles on here as well.

• 19 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I’ve been telling Ciaran/Ruddy that his posts are almost always extreme and that he rarely ever addresses another person’s post fully, but just likes nitpicking on a particular point that is often taken out of context.

He clearly hasn’t learned but hey, if you can change his ways and bring him back to be a functional contributor to this blog, then I take my hat off to you…

• 20 roy // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM

@17 jealous for being a nobody

• 21 chuck // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM

At the moment we have at least four and possibly five players (if you include Sissoko) who could vye for the same role.
    Cabaye, who can both put his foot in, score, or play as a playmaker.
    Anita, not quite as good as Tiote when it comes to breaking up the attack, but an excellent distributer of the ball.
    Tiote as I stated excels in breaking up attacks, but his distribution needs a lot of work and tends to put the opposition into the stands, rather than give him the necessary nudge.
    Bigirimana, I expect a lot from this youngster, whom I believe will surpass both Tiote and Anita, has all the necessary ability, just give him some cameos to hone his skills.
    Sissoko, who has pace and technical skills, could be either the new YaYa Toure, or Patrick Viera, that is if our coaching staff ever recognized that, but at present they don’t appear to know what or where to best take advantage of him.
    The above is why I wasn’t too worried about Cabaye’s
    attempt to move on.

• 22 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM

TDS, in general I lean more toward you take on Newcastle than Ciaran but it takes goodwill from both parties to end this feud. Ciarans debating style can and does put peoples back-up but to be fair you generate the same reaction as well.
    Debating on a blog in many ways is pointless as there is never any closure on the debate but rather a constant regurgitating of the same entrenched views.
    TS is excellent to discuss topics with as he takes a more Dialectic approach,. ie he will promote a thesis you can challenge him with an anithesis and often come to a synthesis which is the product of this discussion.
    Sorry to get all Hegelian on you all here but to me it is much better approach, especially if you are trying to win hearts and minds.

• 23 89Norcal // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Tiote has looked better this season.

Won’t be long before our fans make yet ANOTHER 180 and start talking about the depth we have :lol:

• 24 chuck // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Listen, these blogs are for debate, not all agreeing, and if you don’t like what others say, then debate them.
    Don’t complain about how they make their point, unless you are over sensitive.

• 25 JDdubai // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I think Tiote is nailed on to start the everton game, after how crap we were defensively against Hull I think going to Goodison, Pardew will drop Tiote in for sure. Who misses out, no idea but most likely anita.

Not saying its what I would do but knowing Pardew I reckon it will happen…

• 26 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Now now Roy. Careful sunny. I think you overdid the hard stuff at your business lunch.

• 27 Spotlight Kid // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Dodger@10

The Cap 1 Cup final is in March, not May, so the questions don’t arise. Try the FA Cup….

• 28 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Chuck, depends how you define a debate, traditionally there will be a vote at the end of the end of the debate and one side will either win or lose. That does not happen on here.

• 29 theartfuldodger // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Spotlight Kid,
    Yr right. Anyways just trying to bring out the conflict of interest.

• 30 89Norcal // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Guess there was some heated arguments on here again?

It’s really simple to prove your point guys:

“[Insert argument here] and if you don’t agree you are delusional/an idiot/a moron/beyond help.”

• 31 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Regurgitated arguments are more interesting than posting a line up from one of the smallest squads in the PL, hence a post every 45-48 minutes when the topic is line ups.

• 32 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Norcal,
    The best way to win a debate is by putting FACT, at the end.

• 33 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM

The best way to lose a debate is by calling someone a cretin at the end of it.

• 34 89Norcal // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM

@JFA

Don’t wanna give away too many secrets mate, we’ll be up to our eyes in master debaters before we know it.

• 35 89Norcal // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Another is persistently demanding supporting evidence for an opposing argument while providing none whatsoever for your own.

Damn it… we’re doomed now.

• 36 Pokat // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Chuck I think we all get the point of a blog, and obviously its not a place for the thin skinned but tequilamag is correct there is no need to challenge an opposing view to reply with insults by patronising remarks.

Apart from that, Ciaran is just like a leaf obeying the wind on the Anita/Tiote comparison. Its all the rage to bash Tiote but all he needed was to haul in his discipline a bit to be a top DM and he appears to have raked it all back too far. I would like to see more of the Tiote of old who placated opponents midfield forays with his reign of fear ha ha. Like a few other players he has come into fashion to slag off of late. Anita on the other hand is undoubtedly more busy, using pace rather than vision, puts himself about and tries not to waste too many passes. But he doesn’t boss any area really. They are both built for different purposes so I see them interchanging as tactics dictate.

All done without implying any mental deficiency on anyone others part :)

• 37 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM

JFA not saying everyone should agree, but it can get bloody tedious reading the same old arguments every day. Having said that I have been just as guilty in the past of going for blood.

• 38 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Pokat, re Anita Tiote I see it as horses for courses choice. Anita is probably my pick when we are playing more technical sides. Tiote for the Stoke type games.

• 39 Pokat // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Oops I forgot to put FACT in – rats!

• 40 Pokat // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM

@38 exactly. And just saying that would have saved me a lot of typing,

• 41 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Pokat, cheers mate, now we have established I am always correct no need for debate anymore FACT.

• 42 Pokat // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Anyway Ed – its a SINGLE pair so it would be ‘THIS midfield pair’ :) Shape up kidda!

• 43 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM

tequilamag

There are people on this blog that I am more than happy to enter into a discussion with as even if we have wildly differing views on a topic we will properly read and consider each other’s posts, we’ll address the relevant points and we’ll be flexible in changing our views if the other person puts across a good case. I don’t think of that as debating so much, it’s just a nice discussion with mutual respect.

Then there are people who will ignore 90% of the content of your posts and pick on specific areas taken wildly out of context and use that to justify a rant against Ashley, Pardew, JFK or whatever. I see no point in entering into any form of conversation with those people as it’s like bashing my head against a brick wall.

Those people deal in absolutes and it’s simple pointless talking to someone like that. Ashley = evil & greedy. Pardew = useless. JFK = incompetent alcoholic. Etc. I prefer talking to people like TS who have a more balanced view of things.

• 44 cyprus // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Anita has his nose ahead of Tiote who has his nose ahead of Cabs. The latter has not played well for ages…

• 45 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Norcal,
    Dunno about that, there’s been a few master baters on here over the years though.

• 46 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Cyprus, Jonas has his nose ahead of both of them !!

• 47 Pokat // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM

But to be fair there are a few shining wits as well ha ha

• 48 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM

tequilamag

So trust me, I am giving up any of the debates with Ciaran/Ruddy or anyone else who wants to try and treat me like some kind of Mike Ashley punchbag. I’m just not interested. I’ll post my stuff but I’ll be selective as to who to respond to. I was brought up that it’s rude to ignore people but I’m serving notice that I will ignore people who are incapable of forming a measured response.

I posted yesterday a light hearted comment, it began with “haha” that anyone who thinks that our squad isn’t good enough for the top 10 either knows nothing about football or is a mackem, and it somehow opened me up to a full on attack that my point doesn’t count because I’m not a Geordie, that Pardew is completely useless anyway and that he wanted to fight me because how dare I call him thick or a mackem. I didn’t say thick and I wasn’t referring to him… :-)

So…I give up.

• 49 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

tequila,
    Jonas would manage to get his nose in front of Pinocchio !

• 50 cyprus // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Forgot about that nose. We do have depth in noses these days.

• 51 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM

tequilamag and pokat

I agree regarding Anita and Tiote. I think Anita will be more suited when we can play a more flowing passing game, Tiote should be our midfield destroyer.

• 52 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM

TDS, this blog can be utterly frustrating I agree but I have fond that even people I have had majors rows with on here we can still find common ground on some issues. Ruddy is pretty abrasive and once he nails his colours to the mast he can be a bit tunnel visioned but you have to remember 12 months ago he was firmly in the “positive group” and arguing just as vehemently from the position you are now. People can and do change their views.

• 53 89Norcal // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM

JFA
    Can certainly be interpreted that way :)

Pokat #36
    Congrats man, your argument is now moot!

• 54 tequilamag // Sep 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Anyways guys got to run but I will leave you with this thought. Newcastle will never win anything without at least one of the Ameobis in the team..
    Adios amigos play nice.

• 55 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM

People who think that my hatred of Ashleys regime blinds me into not seeing any good he has done haven’t been reading the blog that long, I was almost fooled into thinking there might actually be a plan after we finished fifth, I was soon proved very wrong.

• 56 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM

tequilamag

I know they can change their views. But I don’t even consider myself in the “positive camp” to be honest! I think Mike Ashey is a greedy tyrant, I think Pardew is an average PL manager and I think JFK shouldn’t be anywhere near our club. But somehow I’m an Ashey/Pardew lover just because I don’t agree that Ashley is deliberately trying to destroy the club and I don’t agree that Pardew should be managing a bottom half championship team…

Not a great deal has changed in the last 12 months really, not in the great scheme of things anyway. My view has become slightly more anti-Ashley because of JFK and Wonga but I accept there are positives about is ownership too.

• 57 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM

JfA

Now, I want to make it clear that I’m not going to enter into a heated debate here…

But there was a plan. But they screwed up and the plan was setback. I will absolutely state that while we know Pardew will always want to strengthen his team, the combination of Pardew, Llambias and Ashley failed to come together and sign more than Anita plus 3 fringe/young players. That was a mistake. Not a mistake of the proportion that Leeds made in signing players on the basis of qualifying for the CL but definitely a bigger mistake than leaving the tea bag in a little too long.

Mistakes happen, Everton have failed to generate enough revenue despite several top 8 finishes, Liverpool haven’t won the league for donkey’s years despite being one of the biggest clubs in the world, Arsenal haven’t won a trophy of any sort for 8 years despite building themselves into one of the biggest clubs in the world either.

I don’t see the point in hatred. I don’t particular like the way Ashley has run the club, but I can have a grudging respect for the way he runs his businesses at least. Sadly, a lot of football clubs are going that way…I just wish ours wasn’t one of them…

• 58 Rooster // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM

The football club is our Heartbeat, we are mostly on Warferin right now, arteries blocked and struggling for breath.

• 59 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:31 PM

TDsarf,
    There wasn’t a plan and still isn’t in regards to the footballing side of things, the only plan I can see is that SD gets more and more valuable and Ashley gets his money back, the football plan is getting made up weekly.FACT.

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Rooster,
    Ashley is a big fat lump of heart blocking cholesterol.

• 61 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM

JfA

Ha! FACT!

The plan was to get into the CL within 5 years. The club said they expected top 8 last year but they screwed up by not having sufficient back-up and overestimated the ability of our young players. Face it, were lucky when we finished 5th because our key players were on top form and rarely injured. We should have been 8th or 9th based on that squad.

So the plan has been set back. I can still see that we’re building up the squad, which is bigger than last year, and it’s great to see some young players coming through. But the plan is long-term and I bet the target has again been reset to 5 years of progress after last season…

The FACTis that Ashley has taken back £11M of his short-term loan (made after relegation) and has changed his mind about taking the remaining £18M this season. That’s good news as the money stays in the club for potential transfers rather than leaving us skint next summer.

I don’t care about SD any more than Liverpool fans should care about the Boston Red Sox.

The more valuable NUFC is, the more Ashley would get if he sells up. If he gets the club in the CL in 5 years then he’ll be able to sell a CL club at a tasty little profit and then he can focus on Rangers more if he likes…

• 62 mattnufc // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM

One of the main things that annoys me about Ashley is all the free advertising he gets around the ground while penny pinching everywhere else. The advertisement around the ground must be worth a few million each year – or a new player…

• 63 NUFC FOR SALE // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Anyone who says Tiote is no good know absolutely nothing about football.

Yes he had a bad season but before that he was one of the best defensive midfielders in the country.

Anita is a really good footballer but I still think you need that destroyer in the middle especially when playing with cabaye and sissoko.

If Tiote could get back to his best he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Anita doesn’t deserve to be dropped but a decision has to be made… we’re too light weight in the middle at the moment.

• 64 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Mattnufc

It’s not that much mate. I looked up the figures a few days ago. The total commercial revenue from the club was just £13M which includes the shirt and ground sponsorship so pretty poor and definitely room for improvement there!

Also, MA doesn’t completely own SD but he does own NUFC completely. So it would actually make more sense for a business he owns partially to give money to a business he owns completely. Know what I mean?

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

TDsarf,
    How can you have a long term plan that keeps getting reset, isn’t that what I said and can be best described as being made up as you go along.

• 66 TorqToon // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Tiote and Anita are totally different players, and both may need to adapt to the idea of squad rotation. Tactics will change according to opposition and therefore so should personnel.

Some people on here are so quick to turn on players, when in reality, every player hits a bad run of form. Everton will be a difficult game, but the absence of fellani is a huge bonus. I would play Anita purely because tiote can be so rash with the challenge, and last season gave away our game but silly fouls around our area that Leighton Baines took full advantage of.

When we are 4-0 up with 10 mins to go, Mr T can come on and park the bus! :-)

Hope we are all well, gents!

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM

TDsarf,
    Jayphoto pointed out that the reason the revenue is so low is that matchday revenue is sub contracted out, diverting the money from the club, Ashley might not be actually pocketing profits as in saying I’m having a million this week, but he is raping this club.

• 68 John Tudor // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

its a fact
    FACT there you go

• 69 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

JFA

Because football isn’t a guarantee industry. I’m damn sure Arsenal didn’t plan to go 8 years without a trophy and now their target has switched from winning the league to CL qualification. It’s a failure no doubt, but it’s not a disaster. Not every target can be hit.

What do you mean that match day revenue is sub contracted out?

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Something along the lines of MASH holdings running that side of things which has nothing to do with the club, it doesn’t take a business genius to work out that money is being diverted looking at how far we have fallen behind Spurs as you like t o point out.

• 71 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Hi Torq, hope you’re well mate.

I agree regarding Tiote and Anita. We need to be really careful not to give away free kicks around the box. Baines only needs a few to score!

• 72 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM

JfA

We were falling behind Spurs before MA and have fallen behind even further since relegation. Doesn’t take a genius to work that out either.

Money going out of the club like this doesn’t make much sense. I’d like to see the figures in the accounts that show it though if it’s true.

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM

TDsarf, until Mashley got his grubby hands on us we were bringing in more revenue than Spurs, check the Forbes list.

• 74 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM

JfA

Actually we were already behind by 2006-7

We might have stayed on their tails if we hadn’t been relegated though…

• 75 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM

There is absolutely no way gate money can be “syphoned off” by the club, especially a club our size. It would be far too easy for HM Revenue and Customs to spot. I know, I’ve dealt with them enough.

• 76 John Tudor // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM

not syphoned more like spirited away

• 77 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Explain the difference.

• 78 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

• 79 John Tudor // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

ones physically done the others by ghosties

• 80 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM

J4A…you really need to go have a look at the swiss ramble to. get some insight into our finances compared to other PL clubs!

…and maybe even look into having something substantial to back up your claims! unless they just stay claims ;-)

• 81 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Qt,
    Nothing to do with the tax man .

• 82 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Next….

• 83 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM

All income is to do with the tax man. Get real.

• 84 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Jesper,
    I tried to read it, it bored the t1ts off me, maybe you could enlighten me .

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I never said he was hiding it from the tax man .

• 86 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM

JFA. Perhaps you can explain your post @67 then as it’s rather ambiguous then.

• 87 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Woops – too many thens.

• 88 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Qt,
    Jayphoto will be able to explain it better than me.

• 89 ToonDarnSarf // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM

The revenue figures in the Forbe’s list and Deloitte list differ wildly. I’ve no idea why that would be unless they have different criteria for revenue somehow…

• 90 fatman // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM

For those who look forward a copy of this weeks news letter as usual totally scandalous and taking a pop at all things Live*po*l and all totally free of charges, but the author might not be given enough rope.

• 91 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Yet another occasion where accusations are made which can’t be substantiated or justified.

• 92 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Maybe, it’s a bit like Ashley counting wages, agents fees and drinks bill while saying other clubs costs don’t count when it comes to net spend.

• 93 low fell mag // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Could we please talk about football please.
    We have a football match at Goodisin Park this coming Monday evening.
    But soon as that old scratched record ( Jfa ) comes on ,its the same old crap (something like an old Abba record ) going on @ on
    It does your head in . Lets talk about Football, PLEASE.

• 94 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM

@Low Fell Mag. I tried that yesterday only to get the usual crap from the usual suspect.

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Low full meg,
    Have you finished counting your turnips.

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Well then, I’ll leave you literary geniuses free to discuss your line ups.

• 97 Pokat // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I cant believe that people are dissin the great Abba! There are some morons round here lol

• 98 John Tudor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

daughter of a nazi arian

• 99 low fell mag // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM

JFA, I don’t have to count turnips or sheep come to think of it. If im having trouble getting to sleep ,I just have to read your blogs. Job done im having 40 winks in no time.
    Anyway that’s my fill of tit for tat with you ,I want to read blogs about Newcastle and football .
    Good evening to you.

• 100 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Jeez. Are we now resorting to name calling, and twisting poster’s names to try and be provocative? It reminds me of the old schoolyard humour. Some people need to grow up.

• 101 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I used to have a Ford Orion.

• 102 John Tudor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:30 PM

and some to button it

• 103 Quasimodo's tailor // Sep 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Or they’ll get a whack around the head with his bus pass.

• 104 theartfuldodger // Sep 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM

We talk about Ashleys interest free loan,club income etc etc but everything is Ashleys responsibility. He is the CEO.
    He got us relegated,low incomes are his responsibility. Everything is !!!
    You cant seperate out the two.
    If his penny pinching gets us relegated, income will be less than 13m . So, is that clubs issue ? Ofcourse not.
    Right from clubs income,to clubs success,to buying players etc etc its all Ashley.

So as a CEO , I think he has failed miserably. If he was working for another owner, he would have been sent packing.

• 105 Brutooon // Sep 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM

The thing about Anita that he is neither a defensive type (small size) nor a attacking type (he didnt got that direct pass thing). He is just an ordinary midfield who play the ball either backwards or sideway.

He is same like lucas of liverpool

previous post: He’s Already Having An Impact On And Off The Field At Newcastle