Everton 3 Newcaatle 2 – Video Highlights

[dailymotion id=”x15dowr” mode=”normal” align=”left”]

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• cyprus

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I always say, wait ten games and then let’s see, so I have to keep to that. Still, our performances have been so erratic it’s crazy. Not only from one game to the next, but also within games. Consistency is not in our DNA these days. In order to reach the stability (and growth) we so need (hence 8 year contracts), we must be elementally consistent.
    Anyway.
    On the game last night, I notice people picking their pet hates and pounding into them. I could easily do that too but I won’t. It’s easy because they were ALL shxte. A couple were ok (e.g. Gouf-Will) but the rest were horrendous. I will focus on one guy, on whom I had said pre-game our result would depend: HBA. Someone who understands football please explain this guy to me: One week world class, the other he must be carried. The substitution was a correct move, no doubt.

• JAMSHA

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:53 AM

i rather play
    debu——- colo———— willo——– dummet
    jonas—————–anita—————–cabaye
    Arfa——————remy——————gufo
    cabaye n jonas both helpn full backs

• Transfer Sage

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM

cyprus

I just don’t think he gets his responsibility.

Gary Neville was spot on with what he said…if ribery and robben can track back on the wing for bayern and still offer so much going forward (and they track back whilst playing for the best team in europe) then Ben Arfa should be tracking back too…..he isn’t a messi or ronaldo you can carry, he is a good, technically gifted player who needs to work hard.

• Harley

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Not defending the performance which was terrible but Pardew cannot play the way he’d like as the board won’t back him.

He’s been saying for 2 years that he wants a big commanding centre back and he’s wanted a big centre forward since Ba left.

JFK came in and put an end to that. I bet pardew would want a winger too.

Lukaku showed how a top target an can make a teams tick and give everyone confidence.

I still say Ashley is far more to blame than pardew.

• Harley

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Bloody iPhones!

• cyprus

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Transfer Sage,
    I get that, but I don’t mean he must ‘be carried’ in defense. Not everyone has stamina like Ribery etc. Arguably our best ever player (Ginola) was terrible in defense but he understood his responsibility when going forward.
    HBA was trying to pull off a miracle when it was clearly not on. So, he should have worked very hard with the other stuff. Disappointing.

• theartfuldodger

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM

TS,
    Either the squad needs to be disassembled i.e. 4 out and 4 in or Pardew needs to go.
    Strangely we take pride that Ashley keeps squad together but Even if all the fans want 3 or 4 players gone and replaced with different or better ones , it will not happen.

Id give this squad to a new mngr right now to see what he can do this season.If its as bad,then no point keeping a squad together that finishes 15th or so for 2 seasons. But the fresh perspective of a new experienced and better manager will help in recruits(fingers crossed)

I take no pride in the second half performance as everton were off the gas. It means nothing.

Im gonna say it, we miss James Perch for his dirty work.

I dont think attacking play is Pardews forte.