Newcastle Midfielder To Move On

If Newcastle are going to get a good result tomorrow at the Cardiff City Stadium,  there are two or three things that will have to happen,  and one of them is that midfielder Yohan Cabaye will play as he did in the second half on Monday night, when he  was outstanding and our best player at Everton.

yohan cabaye wonga

Yohan Cabaye – only looking ahead

The other things are that the back four must be solid,  and Loic Remy and Yoan Gouffran are again in sparkling  form for us up front.

We’re not sure that the back four will be for tomorrow but we’ll go for Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini and Dummett.

Cabaye had some problems in the summer when he refused to play for Newcastle for a couple of games, and while that will never be forgotten,  it seems that Yohan and the Newcastle fans have moved on from that.

And certainly it seems Yohan has been forgiven for that blemish on his record.

This is what Yohan told the Shields Gazette today:

“I have moved on, and I want to be focused on the team’s future,” “The summer was what it was. I’m strong in my mind and I’m positive.”

“I want to do my best on the pitch to help my team-mates and everyone on the pitch.” “I respect everyone every day. I will do that until the end.”

“I don’t know how we can explain our poor start.” “We don’t want to be in trouble like last season. We have to act quickly, and this weekend at Cardiff is going to be really hard, but we have the quality to do well and get a result.”

“But it’s not enough to say that – we have to do it on the pitch. We have to get the points to go up the table.”

“Now we have to come back and do the basics and play as a team. The 11 players have to fight for the team and the man next to you.”

“If we do that, we can get some good results.”

So Yohan needs to do his talking on the field tomorrow afternoon, much like he did last Monday night, and who knows, if that happens we can get a win at Cardiff – which would certainly lift the depressed   spirits  on Tyneside.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• mindshaft

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Cardiff will be a tough game and one I probably expect to lose if we play anything like we did against West Ham, Hull or Everton (I’m not even counting the 2nd half as Everton had clearly taken their foot off the gas)
    So even though Pards has said he can’t go into detail he’s basically said Williamson is playing which I have no problem with given current performances of both Collo and Mbiwa

We desperately need the 3 points as I can see us losing the next 4 or 5 games

• geordieboy83

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Haway yohan lad right the wrongs of the summer with your footy. No more chat just good old fashioned football.

• cyprus

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Not sure I agree with you regarding Cabs, Ed. He hasn’t played well for a while now, though hats off for the goal.

On another matter, this is what AP said about Cardiff:
    “If we put the negatives in their mind, like score a goal or put them on the back foot, we can change the whole psychology of the game.”

I swear, their coach will be saying that about us!! Because we are so inconsistent and we so rely on a moment of brilliance, we can crumble easily. If I was their coach I’d say, put full pitch pressure on them first 20′, they’ll fall apart. Sad to say…

• Graeme

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

mindshaft – you are right there mate, after Cardiff we have a horrible series of game, with the only points likely to be taken at the scum. Its going to do nothing to improve our league position and we could well be in the bottom 3 by the end of the next 6 games.

Not a good thought if we start that sequence without a win!!

• Partizan

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

The next game its a win-win situation for me,,,we win we get the 3 points we lose AP will be sacked.

• catchy in norway

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

tequila

OC i do,, and i think the reason we have not scored as many goals this season is because we dont have a demba ba type forward
    we still play to far away from our forwards, our midfield is not creative , and when you think we have HBA and cabaye, its criminal
    again, in the 3 years he has been here, we have not got any style of play, regardless of who he has on the pitch,

i see teams like hull( there are no bad teams the prem) but hull dont have the quality we have in the squad, yet, they got the ball down and play,

all we do is pass the ball backwards or sidewards, , you see players bought in jan have all gone backwards,,

he needs fired NOW

• BandB

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

It isn’t a question of long balls or short balls. Everton’s third was the ultimate long ball. The question is, does the receiving player have any support? Or does he have the strength, speed, wit and motivation to make a goal chance for himself?

• Toon Tang

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i wont be putting any spondooliks on pards getting sacked

• wolfshead@toon

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM

cabs is looking ahead to playing for a cl team

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM

BandB , the issue is with the defence not going forward.
    Yanga was pulled at half-time but it just as easilly have been Colo. To allow a 70 yard clearence to bounce is painful to watch.

• catchy in norway

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

BANDB

they scored 3 and all 3 were different,

they created many chances, scored 2 that were offside, but the fact they put the ball in the back of the net 5 times, is quite scary

ours were a screamer, and a scramble tap in, and shots from 30 plus yards

and its been the same for 3 seasons now

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Catchy, the 2 goals against Villa. Both came from good build up play. A great cross from sammi for the first.
    Obviously that does not suit your narrative but as clear as day to anyone with an open mind .

• Ian Toon

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM

135headtheball // Oct 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM

LOL- I plead guilty to having a sunny disposition and it can be annoying to flat mates with the mother of all hangovers – as I recall.

There is a school of thought, that those with an eternally sunny disposition simply have a brain that doesn’t process unwanted information properly. Seriously it’s far healthier to find the bright side when you can as it is less stressful.

Hence I never think were going to get beat and build a case to support my contention. I do what most on here do when we lose simply blame the manager- ( not a serious point!).

I can think of a lot worse prospects than being locked in a room with TDS. He can be dogmatic at times but he frequently does make a case that I can understand. Far too many in the perceived other camp do not address the issues in a rational way. That’s not to say I always agree with his contentions. On financial issues and report accounting many are so dismissive to suggest that they don’t understand the issues and are too lazy to find out. To quote- It’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. I can be persuaded but not by bully boy tactics and abuse.

I fancy us to beat Cardiff but remember I am an eternal optimist .

HWTL

I liked your Mrs Brown boy comments- reminds me of a student landlady-LOL.

TADS- I am toon based but increasingly work takes me to London.

• Ian Toon

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM

For Tads read. ToonDarnSarf

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Good morning Ian, It wold be foolish to write off the season after a mere 6 games. It has been a mixed set of performances this year. Offensively I think we are much better equipped than last season. The big worry is we are still to find anything like a solid looking defence.

• nut meg

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM

It will be us on the back foot tomorrow if the CBs are Collo & Williamson,two of the slowest central defenders in the PL Debuchey isn’t the quickest,Santon is quite quick when he’s in position,so,IMHO that means we’ll be done for pace so we’ll end up defending deep,which we all know what happens when we do that! My thoughts only gents & I hope like hell i’m wrong.

• cyprus

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM

The big worry isn’t that. The big worry is we don’t know which NUFC will show up. We can’t be sure at all and AP must take most blame. To put an optimistic strand to this, it adds to the excitement. Much like surprises! Iantoon, I take it you like those? 🙂

• Transfer Sage

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM

tequila

do you mean the goals against leeds, not villa?

because the villa goals were a cross from remy and then the second was a rebound tap in from a HBA shot.

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

TS yeah your right, got the games mixed up bt the point remains valid. To argue that offensively all we have is the occasional moment of genius and long balls is very wide of the mark.

• BandB

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Tequila,

Yes, the defence is a shambles. It is too easily panicked by routine through balls which split either the full back and the CB, or both CBs. Not to mention the basic errors you mention.

This is made worse by the fact the opposition is usually camped in our half, working it around waiting for an opening. Our midfield, for all its DMs, does little to nullify this.

And one of the reasons for this is that the midfield often finds its route forward is often blocked by a wall of opposition shirts, with its own players static and unable to find or make space.

The forwards are outnumbered and isolated beyond that wall.
    Bad decision making by the forwards in possession is usually compounded by the lack of gut-busting by midfielders to get up in support. On the break, they often find our nearest player thirty yards behind them.

So it keeps coming back to us.

And Catchy, that is why other teams score different kinds of goals, while we are treated to spectacular solo efforts. Because the team does not work to make chances.

• lesh

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Aw tequilamag, you’re being unkind to the negative folk who thrive on criticising the players and manager. Of course the season’s in its infancy and the critics are back, in force.
    Surely you’re not proposing constructive posts are you?

Tequilamag, criticising is the only pleasure they get, are you proposing they go through life with a smile on faces?

Shame on you tequila, don’t be a killjoy.

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

BandB not sure I would agree that the opposition are usually camped in our half. Man City tore us apart and Everton will not have an easier 20 minutes than the first 20 against us. But other than that I would argue we have more than held our own. It`s noticeable that we are playing the ball on the deck this season.

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Lesh, your quite correct. Feel free to give vent everyone. Open season for all. I especially like the one about Pardew has lost the dressing room. Never get tired of hearing that one.

• cyprus

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM

But, guys, you are right, yet, if you focus on the defense it means the rest are ticking just fine. Our MF must take the biggest blame as it has routinely been dominated (we are pleasantly shocked when they aren’t, admit it); and our offense has been erratic. Do our forwards ‘combine’? Have you seen clever one twos? More likely, you’ve seen deadly forwards turn into clowns. And Remy now knows the feeling, after the Everton game.

• Transfer Sage

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM

tequila

Yeh i knew what you meant, just want to make it clear before you have people trying to complain about it and ignore the actual point of your argument haha.

I do think we rely far too much on individual goals though. I’ll give my thoughts on the prem league goals.

city- 0
    west ham – 0
    fulham – 1 goal, individual HBA strike
    Villa – 2 goals – 1 crossed in and good from hba to get in the box, 2nd a rebound tap in but a still had men forward
    Hull – 2 goals – first a good cross o cisse where remy scored off his poor shot, 2nd a shot which falls to remy to tap in
    everton – 2 goals – a wonder strike and a scrappy effort but still had people in the box

I think thats a poor effort but what is clear is that we are getting more in the box, not all the time or as much as i’d like but sometimes so it is helping us create more meaningful chances than last year, not 100% better but improving….saying that i still want a new manager who could get us playing much better.

• BandB

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Tequila,

Sammy’s goal was beautifully simple. A lad gets to the byline and plays a cross into the centre of the box. We played very well for 20 minutes against Fulham.
    So we can do it.
    I have tried to explain what I see, and everyone sees a match differently.

Lesh….

I want to see us playing well, scoring more goals than we concede, and winning more matches than we lose.

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

TS, I don`t doubt for one minute that a better manager would be able to get better results from the squad. However knowing the business model MA follows and the relative lack of autonomy Pardew has to operate in, I can`t see too many great managers are falling over themselves wanting to work at Newcsatle. At best we would be swapping like for like at worst we could get a whole lot worse. PDC anyone ?

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Anyone know Pardews win percentage since our 5th place season ? . I know for a fact it won’t be very good .

• cyprus

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Lawrenson predicted we win 1-2 😉

• lesh

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM

tequilamag.

What I like shout the neggars on this site is we’re never sure which ones are gonna turn up. They’re creative geniuses one day and so predictable the next. Boring, there doesn’t appear to be a game plan, their coaching’s crap, they show no imagination and there’s no vision behind the hopeful long-ball type punts that are hopeful to say the least. Sack their manager, strategist, communications guru, sponsor, banker, board, owner (ah, there’s a poser) and all will be well.

• Transfer Sage

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

tequila

thats the problem..i think there are plenty around europe who work in equally bad or much worse conditions than pardew but would we get them?

seeing as ashley thinks JFK is a good choice for DOF who on earth would he rate as a manager? we could get any old idiot

• yo-yo

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

BandB

Toally agree onn the hredless chc=icken defence being panicked by through balls. Where are Colo’s leadership qualities ?

More to the point, as you say, is that ‘WE CAN DO IT’
    Trouble is this whole thing about consistency which is Pardew’s mantra recently. Fotball IS a game of two halves and we need the right psychology for both….
    Obviously AP can see the quality but he must also see the terrible lapses in concentration and temperament. I still feel we need a very good Geordie Motivator – preferably a proper sports pyschologist – such as the UK cyclng team had – but then they flunked out the recent road race championship in the wet so nothing is sport is guaranteed.

• yo-yo

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

headless chicken defence *

• kt97toonarmy

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

In jan we need a striker and a centre back. Both quality as well

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Lesh, yeah it has been a mixed performance so far this season from the hystericals. Not too many purple performances so far but it is early days. I can only assume Beattie is currently injured.

• BandB

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Lesh,

I have never quite got how aspiring to success makes a person negative, while finding excuses for failure makes them positive. That’s not how it works in the big world.

I can’t think that I’ve ever seen you write anything other than the type of thing you’ve just posted.

If you were having a go at me, do so directly. Like a big boy.

• Ian Toon

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM

tequilamag- Hope you well, mate. It’s not only our owner who is unpredictable. At Everton, we were largely undone by long balls , gutless defending and a total lack of concentration. We got an awful lot right at Villa and showed determination so I am looking to a return to winning ways at Cardiff.

For me the biggest problem has been individual player error and changes should be made defensively. I haven’t seen a poorer individual performance than HBA’s against Hull. I would select him tomorrow but he’s got to be more of a team player. Nobody doubts his talent.

The big plus though is Cabaye who again looks as if he can make a difference. Onwards and upwards..

Enjoy your weekend when it comes.

• Transfer Sage

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

in january i’d love us to go get lacana traore, matt phillips and another CB….can’t see it though.

• tequilamag

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

TS, He cold go and try and recruit from abroad. No garuntee that they would be able to manage in the PL. No garuntees with any manager come to that. Of course he could just get JFK in. Seems just as likely to me.

1 2 3 5