The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Midfielder To Move On

10:59 am, Friday, October 4th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 169 Comments

If Newcastle are going to get a good result tomorrow at the Cardiff City Stadium,  there are two or three things that will have to happen,  and one of them is that midfielder Yohan Cabaye will play as he did in the second half on Monday night, when he  was outstanding and our best player at Everton.

yohan cabaye wonga

Yohan Cabaye – only looking ahead

The other things are that the back four must be solid,  and Loic Remy and Yoan Gouffran are again in sparkling  form for us up front.

We’re not sure that the back four will be for tomorrow but we’ll go for Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini and Dummett.

Cabaye had some problems in the summer when he refused to play for Newcastle for a couple of games, and while that will never be forgotten,  it seems that Yohan and the Newcastle fans have moved on from that.

And certainly it seems Yohan has been forgiven for that blemish on his record.

This is what Yohan told the Shields Gazette today:

“I have moved on, and I want to be focused on the team’s future,” “The summer was what it was. I’m strong in my mind and I’m positive.”

“I want to do my best on the pitch to help my team-mates and everyone on the pitch.” “I respect everyone every day. I will do that until the end.”

“I don’t know how we can explain our poor start.” “We don’t want to be in trouble like last season. We have to act quickly, and this weekend at Cardiff is going to be really hard, but we have the quality to do well and get a result.”

“But it’s not enough to say that – we have to do it on the pitch. We have to get the points to go up the table.”

“Now we have to come back and do the basics and play as a team. The 11 players have to fight for the team and the man next to you.”

“If we do that, we can get some good results.”

So Yohan needs to do his talking on the field tomorrow afternoon, much like he did last Monday night, and who knows, if that happens we can get a win at Cardiff – which would certainly lift the depressed   spirits  on Tyneside.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League · Yohan Cabaye

169 responses so far ↓

• 1 Partizan // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Zaha to NUFC

• 2 mindshaft // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Cardiff will be a tough game and one I probably expect to lose if we play anything like we did against West Ham, Hull or Everton (I’m not even counting the 2nd half as Everton had clearly taken their foot off the gas)
    So even though Pards has said he can’t go into detail he’s basically said Williamson is playing which I have no problem with given current performances of both Collo and Mbiwa

We desperately need the 3 points as I can see us losing the next 4 or 5 games

• 3 geordieboy83 // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Haway yohan lad right the wrongs of the summer with your footy. No more chat just good old fashioned football.

• 4 cyprus // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Not sure I agree with you regarding Cabs, Ed. He hasn’t played well for a while now, though hats off for the goal.

On another matter, this is what AP said about Cardiff:
    “If we put the negatives in their mind, like score a goal or put them on the back foot, we can change the whole psychology of the game.”

I swear, their coach will be saying that about us!! Because we are so inconsistent and we so rely on a moment of brilliance, we can crumble easily. If I was their coach I’d say, put full pitch pressure on them first 20′, they’ll fall apart. Sad to say…

• 5 Graeme // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

mindshaft – you are right there mate, after Cardiff we have a horrible series of game, with the only points likely to be taken at the scum. Its going to do nothing to improve our league position and we could well be in the bottom 3 by the end of the next 6 games.

Not a good thought if we start that sequence without a win!!

• 6 Partizan // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

The next game its a win-win situation for me,,,we win we get the 3 points we lose AP will be sacked.

• 7 catchy in norway // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

tequila

OC i do,, and i think the reason we have not scored as many goals this season is because we dont have a demba ba type forward
    we still play to far away from our forwards, our midfield is not creative , and when you think we have HBA and cabaye, its criminal
    again, in the 3 years he has been here, we have not got any style of play, regardless of who he has on the pitch,

i see teams like hull( there are no bad teams the prem) but hull dont have the quality we have in the squad, yet, they got the ball down and play,

all we do is pass the ball backwards or sidewards, , you see players bought in jan have all gone backwards,,

he needs fired NOW

• 8 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

It isn’t a question of long balls or short balls. Everton’s third was the ultimate long ball. The question is, does the receiving player have any support? Or does he have the strength, speed, wit and motivation to make a goal chance for himself?

• 9 Toon Tang // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i wont be putting any spondooliks on pards getting sacked

• 10 wolfshead@toon // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM

cabs is looking ahead to playing for a cl team

• 11 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM

BandB , the issue is with the defence not going forward.
    Yanga was pulled at half-time but it just as easilly have been Colo. To allow a 70 yard clearence to bounce is painful to watch.

• 12 catchy in norway // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

BANDB

they scored 3 and all 3 were different,

they created many chances, scored 2 that were offside, but the fact they put the ball in the back of the net 5 times, is quite scary

ours were a screamer, and a scramble tap in, and shots from 30 plus yards

and its been the same for 3 seasons now

• 13 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Catchy, the 2 goals against Villa. Both came from good build up play. A great cross from sammi for the first.
    Obviously that does not suit your narrative but as clear as day to anyone with an open mind .

• 14 Ian Toon // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM

135headtheball // Oct 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM

LOL- I plead guilty to having a sunny disposition and it can be annoying to flat mates with the mother of all hangovers – as I recall.

There is a school of thought, that those with an eternally sunny disposition simply have a brain that doesn’t process unwanted information properly. Seriously it’s far healthier to find the bright side when you can as it is less stressful.

Hence I never think were going to get beat and build a case to support my contention. I do what most on here do when we lose simply blame the manager- ( not a serious point!).

I can think of a lot worse prospects than being locked in a room with TDS. He can be dogmatic at times but he frequently does make a case that I can understand. Far too many in the perceived other camp do not address the issues in a rational way. That’s not to say I always agree with his contentions. On financial issues and report accounting many are so dismissive to suggest that they don’t understand the issues and are too lazy to find out. To quote- It’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. I can be persuaded but not by bully boy tactics and abuse.

I fancy us to beat Cardiff but remember I am an eternal optimist .

HWTL

I liked your Mrs Brown boy comments- reminds me of a student landlady-LOL.

TADS- I am toon based but increasingly work takes me to London.

• 15 Ian Toon // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM

For Tads read. ToonDarnSarf

• 16 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Good morning Ian, It wold be foolish to write off the season after a mere 6 games. It has been a mixed set of performances this year. Offensively I think we are much better equipped than last season. The big worry is we are still to find anything like a solid looking defence.

• 17 nut meg // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM

It will be us on the back foot tomorrow if the CBs are Collo & Williamson,two of the slowest central defenders in the PL Debuchey isn’t the quickest,Santon is quite quick when he’s in position,so,IMHO that means we’ll be done for pace so we’ll end up defending deep,which we all know what happens when we do that! My thoughts only gents & I hope like hell i’m wrong.

• 18 cyprus // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM

The big worry isn’t that. The big worry is we don’t know which NUFC will show up. We can’t be sure at all and AP must take most blame. To put an optimistic strand to this, it adds to the excitement. Much like surprises! Iantoon, I take it you like those? :)

• 19 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM

tequila

do you mean the goals against leeds, not villa?

because the villa goals were a cross from remy and then the second was a rebound tap in from a HBA shot.

• 20 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

TS yeah your right, got the games mixed up bt the point remains valid. To argue that offensively all we have is the occasional moment of genius and long balls is very wide of the mark.

• 21 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Tequila,

Yes, the defence is a shambles. It is too easily panicked by routine through balls which split either the full back and the CB, or both CBs. Not to mention the basic errors you mention.

This is made worse by the fact the opposition is usually camped in our half, working it around waiting for an opening. Our midfield, for all its DMs, does little to nullify this.

And one of the reasons for this is that the midfield often finds its route forward is often blocked by a wall of opposition shirts, with its own players static and unable to find or make space.

The forwards are outnumbered and isolated beyond that wall.
    Bad decision making by the forwards in possession is usually compounded by the lack of gut-busting by midfielders to get up in support. On the break, they often find our nearest player thirty yards behind them.

So it keeps coming back to us.

And Catchy, that is why other teams score different kinds of goals, while we are treated to spectacular solo efforts. Because the team does not work to make chances.

• 22 lesh // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Aw tequilamag, you’re being unkind to the negative folk who thrive on criticising the players and manager. Of course the season’s in its infancy and the critics are back, in force.
    Surely you’re not proposing constructive posts are you?

Tequilamag, criticising is the only pleasure they get, are you proposing they go through life with a smile on faces?

Shame on you tequila, don’t be a killjoy.

• 23 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

BandB not sure I would agree that the opposition are usually camped in our half. Man City tore us apart and Everton will not have an easier 20 minutes than the first 20 against us. But other than that I would argue we have more than held our own. It`s noticeable that we are playing the ball on the deck this season.

• 24 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Lesh, your quite correct. Feel free to give vent everyone. Open season for all. I especially like the one about Pardew has lost the dressing room. Never get tired of hearing that one.

• 25 cyprus // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM

But, guys, you are right, yet, if you focus on the defense it means the rest are ticking just fine. Our MF must take the biggest blame as it has routinely been dominated (we are pleasantly shocked when they aren’t, admit it); and our offense has been erratic. Do our forwards ‘combine’? Have you seen clever one twos? More likely, you’ve seen deadly forwards turn into clowns. And Remy now knows the feeling, after the Everton game.

• 26 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM

tequila

Yeh i knew what you meant, just want to make it clear before you have people trying to complain about it and ignore the actual point of your argument haha.

I do think we rely far too much on individual goals though. I’ll give my thoughts on the prem league goals.

city- 0
    west ham – 0
    fulham – 1 goal, individual HBA strike
    Villa – 2 goals – 1 crossed in and good from hba to get in the box, 2nd a rebound tap in but a still had men forward
    Hull – 2 goals – first a good cross o cisse where remy scored off his poor shot, 2nd a shot which falls to remy to tap in
    everton – 2 goals – a wonder strike and a scrappy effort but still had people in the box

I think thats a poor effort but what is clear is that we are getting more in the box, not all the time or as much as i’d like but sometimes so it is helping us create more meaningful chances than last year, not 100% better but improving….saying that i still want a new manager who could get us playing much better.

• 27 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Tequila,

Sammy’s goal was beautifully simple. A lad gets to the byline and plays a cross into the centre of the box. We played very well for 20 minutes against Fulham.
    So we can do it.
    I have tried to explain what I see, and everyone sees a match differently.

Lesh….

I want to see us playing well, scoring more goals than we concede, and winning more matches than we lose.

• 28 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

TS, I don`t doubt for one minute that a better manager would be able to get better results from the squad. However knowing the business model MA follows and the relative lack of autonomy Pardew has to operate in, I can`t see too many great managers are falling over themselves wanting to work at Newcsatle. At best we would be swapping like for like at worst we could get a whole lot worse. PDC anyone ?

• 29 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Anyone know Pardews win percentage since our 5th place season ? . I know for a fact it won’t be very good .

• 30 cyprus // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Lawrenson predicted we win 1-2 😉

• 31 lesh // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM

tequilamag.

What I like shout the neggars on this site is we’re never sure which ones are gonna turn up. They’re creative geniuses one day and so predictable the next. Boring, there doesn’t appear to be a game plan, their coaching’s crap, they show no imagination and there’s no vision behind the hopeful long-ball type punts that are hopeful to say the least. Sack their manager, strategist, communications guru, sponsor, banker, board, owner (ah, there’s a poser) and all will be well.

• 32 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

tequila

thats the problem..i think there are plenty around europe who work in equally bad or much worse conditions than pardew but would we get them?

seeing as ashley thinks JFK is a good choice for DOF who on earth would he rate as a manager? we could get any old idiot

• 33 yo-yo // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

BandB

Toally agree onn the hredless chc=icken defence being panicked by through balls. Where are Colo’s leadership qualities ?

More to the point, as you say, is that ‘WE CAN DO IT’
    Trouble is this whole thing about consistency which is Pardew’s mantra recently. Fotball IS a game of two halves and we need the right psychology for both….
    Obviously AP can see the quality but he must also see the terrible lapses in concentration and temperament. I still feel we need a very good Geordie Motivator – preferably a proper sports pyschologist – such as the UK cyclng team had – but then they flunked out the recent road race championship in the wet so nothing is sport is guaranteed.

• 34 yo-yo // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

headless chicken defence *

• 35 kt97toonarmy // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

In jan we need a striker and a centre back. Both quality as well

• 36 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Lesh, yeah it has been a mixed performance so far this season from the hystericals. Not too many purple performances so far but it is early days. I can only assume Beattie is currently injured.

• 37 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Lesh,

I have never quite got how aspiring to success makes a person negative, while finding excuses for failure makes them positive. That’s not how it works in the big world.

I can’t think that I’ve ever seen you write anything other than the type of thing you’ve just posted.

If you were having a go at me, do so directly. Like a big boy.

• 38 Ian Toon // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM

tequilamag- Hope you well, mate. It’s not only our owner who is unpredictable. At Everton, we were largely undone by long balls , gutless defending and a total lack of concentration. We got an awful lot right at Villa and showed determination so I am looking to a return to winning ways at Cardiff.

For me the biggest problem has been individual player error and changes should be made defensively. I haven’t seen a poorer individual performance than HBA’s against Hull. I would select him tomorrow but he’s got to be more of a team player. Nobody doubts his talent.

The big plus though is Cabaye who again looks as if he can make a difference. Onwards and upwards..

Enjoy your weekend when it comes.

• 39 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

in january i’d love us to go get lacana traore, matt phillips and another CB….can’t see it though.

• 40 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

TS, He cold go and try and recruit from abroad. No garuntee that they would be able to manage in the PL. No garuntees with any manager come to that. Of course he could just get JFK in. Seems just as likely to me.

• 41 low fell mag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Tomorrow is a massive game and we are only a couple of games into the new season .
    Lose , this one ,and we are up to our necks in the brown stuff ,as after that its Suarez ,Sturridge and co ,then the scum. That’s frightening .
    Win tomorrow and we are in the top ten .
    F@cking crazy being a Newcastle fan ,its not for the faint hearted.

• 42 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Chhers Ian , you too

• 43 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

tequila

true, never a guarantee but with i don’t think we should be scared/worried of an unknown, for every failure there is a success.

If we make sure we look thoroughly, scout well and get a manager in we can increase of chance of getting a one who fits. It’s the same with players…when buying a striker look at how he gets his goals, what type they are, how many chances he needs, is it a weak league, is it a strong league, is he in the dominant team etc….do the same when scouting a manager.

I am sure we could have attracted the likes of laudrupp and pochettino, maybe not greats (yet anyway for laudrupp) but both good, technical coaches and with a good reputation in europe it makes attracting players easier too…especially when we can’t offer them huge wages.

• 44 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

TS , I agree on your criteria for selecting a new manager but it again brings us back to what MA wold actually do not what we want him to do. All of the evidence so far points to MA making some pretty flaky decisions. If we discount any “purple” managers as they will have more attractive options we are left with up and coming managers. Laudrop is being talked of as the next Madrid manager. I would take him but is it really likely to happen.

• 45 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Yo-Yo,

As you’ve said, I’ve said, and a lot of others have said, a lot of this is down to confidence and motivation.
    What else would explain Sissoko’s tranformation from a beast with a slide-rule pass, to the worried-looking lad he is now?
    We have to find a way to prevent the twenty minute meltdowns that started when we threw away a lead in the second half against Fulham 18 months ago.

• 46 yo-yo // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Aye Band B, ‘ preventing the meltdown’ would be the most useful thing our coaching staff could do right now.

back 2 work then…

• 47 gus3232 // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM

oh fcuk lawrenson predicted us to win the prick

• 48 Rooster // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I have given it plenty of times to the neggers as they/ me now are called, it used to wind ne up ro the hilt when they moaned about MA, i always said he has broughr financial stabilty to SJP and that was so mega important to myself, he always said he would push on he wanted regular european football and eventually champs league, aftrr all we were only a point of it two seasons ago!

Trouble is as we know he did not build on that, and we went from 5th top to 5th bottom?!?!

And yet again incredibly this summer we have not built on a team that all but took us down!! Remy ok. Bur he is there to ensure we score goala ao we can hopwfully push on second half of the season with a vouple of loanees or out of contract jobs in the winter window.

That then pushes up towards mid table and hope for next season for the fans. While mike rubs ius hands again, and his gamble has paid off????

How the hell can we continuallt crack the top 5 with thus way of thinking. Its jusr stringing us supporters along, JK AP JC the worst and cheapest set up in the premiership by a mile. Yea Mike you once again have a formuka to print miney, you rook tour cgance, but now for me its just miserable match days and miserable bulls.it the rest of the time. You are taking us all for mugs, you hacnt crippled the club, but the set yp the deviousness u porteat is not now worth it for me, the incosustancy will continue but so will the lining of ur bulging pockets, am so pleased for you, NOT!!!

• 49 expatmag // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

G/Day all from sunny Oz

Whats the news today

• 50 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Wow…I don’t even have to be posting on the blog and people are still talking about me… :-)

Simple principle of discussion…if you’ve got 5 points on a particular topic but you know that only 4 of them are definitely true, stating that the 5th is also categorically true can undermine your argument for the other 4…

Best to stick to what you actually know.

I believe I have successfully debunked the following myths recently:
    – Ashley is taking loads of money out of this club
    – The SD advertising is worth millions a year that they’re not paying us

What are the chances that nobody is going to claim that Ashley is just stuffing his pockets with our pockets or that we could buy another player if SD weren’t advertising for free? Probably about as much chance as we have of winning the league sadly…

• 51 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM

tequila

I don’t expect us to get laudrupp, i just mean the next laudrupp waiting in spain, italy, france, germany, england even.

I full agree ashley probably wont do this, but we can live in hope.

• 52 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

We still on about selecting a new manager? This one hasn’t even gone yet…

What happens if we go and win 4 or 5 on the bounce? Are we going to be talking about the CL and worried that Pardew might go to Man Utd?

• 53 Rooster // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

No summer signings, no priority for the longed for cups, after he himself proclaimed he just wanted to win something, yes u did Mike?!?! The fact we cant compete with swansea b norwich and the likes, what sort of hope and message is it sending out!!!!! Well Mike you gave very few supporters in your camp now, your bed is made, mine was now you gave messed it up, you arnt playing games with me anymore, i cannot accept you think JK n AP are the way forward, they are your patsy’s, Simple as that!

• 54 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Rooster

You do know that Mike Ashley doesn’t read this blog right?

• 55 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM

TDS

It’s no longer about winning in spurts for me…I think pardew has shown over the last 3 years that he is struggling to get his style on the team.

whether its because he is a poor coach or because he doesn’t get the type of player he wants, i don’t know.

I think we could do much better with a different man in charge but it is a tired debate now i guess, i’m going to leave it for a while i think.

• 56 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM

We won’t win 4 or 5 on the bounce. If you’d bothered to check the fixture list you’d know that’s impossible.

• 57 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Gosling off to Blackpool on loan apparently

• 58 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM

My god Ciaran, you really are a negative, whingey little man aren’t you. There are very few impossible things when it comes to football matches.

I know the fixture list but it doesn’t mean that it’s impossible.

• 59 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

TS

I’m with you. Tired debate because there are only 3 people involved in a decision for Pardew to leave and none of them are on this blog. :-)

We’ve built an attacking passing side which is exactly the style that Pardew wants to play he claims, but it just hasn’t happened.

That’s why I’d love to see someone with a style like Hoddle at the club.

I think we should just park that debate until Pardew is gone and then we can really look at a replacement.

• 60 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM

TDS

I don’t mind discussing it if we all have a new name or something interesting to bring, but the same names over again (i’m guilty too) just gets dull after a while.

Fans can influence the decision but ultimately it’s ashley who will make the descision.

• 61 jimmysmith // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Mbiwa to keep his spot unless Cardiff have real power and aerial threat up front. Tiote to anchor the midfield and possibly Sissoko to miss out. Cisse back in, with Remy to the left and the fullbacks hopefully picking their moments to get forward a little more thoughtfully.

I think seeing how badly exposed we’ve been also at times when the fullbacks have bombed on perhaps reflects how effective a player Gutierrez has been for us and think a midfield 3 of Tiote, Gutierrez and Cabaye might be our best option if we persevere with Debuchey and Santon as attacking fullbacks.

• 62 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:11 PM

jimmy

we have had plenty of spankings with jonas and tiote in the team too, its seems to be a problem for all our boys

• 63 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

In the context of our previous games I would reckon that beating Cardiff away, Liverpool at home, Sunderland away, Chelsea at home and Spurs away would be impossible.

That’s not being negative, that’s being realistic.

• 64 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Ed, there are alot of variables at stake here mate 😉

…tactics is another problem and. so is Pardew reluctance to make changes when everything is. going wrong!

• 65 jimmysmith // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Yes, but this side now has Remy and with him a much more attacking threat and it’s the lack of shape when we lose the ball having attacked in numbers that seems to be the major problem for us at the moment. Maybe Tiote and Gutierrez can be the ones to help us maintain that defensive shape when we turn it over.

• 66 toon kk // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM

The worst part of Pards ever leaving or getting sacked would be who would come in. Remember Mash will make the dodgy decision, who knows who would come in, he would have to be very understanding and happy to work under MA and JFK strict rules have very little or no say in anything. So forget any top manager.
    I can’t see Pards exit any time soon he fits in perfectly.

• 67 Himanshu Dhingra // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Gosling going to Blackpool could help us in getting Ince. Wonga Cousins

• 68 Novocastrian66 // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

4 points,at best Ruddy.

• 69 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM

jimmy

i don’t know, can’t imagine much will happen with those in, they will limit the attacking options, especially jonas

we got spanked even when an attacking team was out with ba, cisse and remy…remembe wigan tonking us when we were in great form of 6 wins.

we are just a side that seems far to able to pick up heavy defeats.

• 70 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Novo

Maybe we can pull off a shock and nab a draw against one of the big three that we’re facing, maybe even nab a win against Sunderland and Cardiff, 14 points after 11 games would be pretty good but I would be inclined to agree with you with 4 points.

• 71 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Jesper you say Pardew is reluctant to make changes when things are going wrong. Pulling HBA and Yanga at half-time suggests a different story. And we were certainly much better second half.

• 72 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Urgh much better in the second half who had the game one at HT. Was it that hard to improve upon the tripe they served up in the first half? No. We were better in the 2nd half, but we still weren’t good.

• 73 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

TDS…care to elaborate on the SD advetisment argument?

• 74 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I’d say a realistic target from that would be 5-9 points.

possible 3 at cardiff and sunderland then a draw to the others

I doubt we’d get 9 points as can’t see us unbeaten in those the way we are playing, but i do think those are possible results.

• 75 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM

ciaran

we were much better though in the second half…still didn’t create a lot but kept the ball better, got ourselves 2 goals and almost nabbed a draw at the end.

• 76 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Jesper

He makes a bunch of uneducated guesses and claims he has “debunked a myth” when in reality he’s just shouting louder than everyone else.

• 77 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Ciaran, nevertheless changes were made and we scored 2 without conceding. By anyones standards that is an improvement.

• 78 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Sage

A worldly and a scrambled tap in. Our creativity was non-existent. We owed more to Everton completely giving in in the second half than to any resurgence on our part.

• 79 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Tequila…why did he have to wait until half time to make changes when everyrhing went wrong from the beginning og the first half?

…he got it wrong and should have acted.

Very premature to state that the sub og Benny and Mbiwa were the catalyst. It couldn’t get any worse and usually a pep talk a half time helps. Add that Everton was leading 3-0. Most team slow down when that happens.

I it wasn’t for the one man show of Cabaye it could easily have been 4-0.

• 80 lesh // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Oh deary deary. B&B, don’t be so prickly man. Anyone calling themselves a fan has every right and reason to complain about sad state of affairs at Newcastle United.

We’re of owned by a gu who appears to be on a mission to prove that a club can survive in the Premiership by being self sufficient. Achieving that would be quite something and strict controls to spend need to be enforced resulting in survival being each season’s minimum success. Marvellous, bally marvellous!

However, if self-sufficiency is Ashley’s aim for the club, that needs to be astutely managed with the critically important contribution of a financially, managerially and technically competent Director of Football who can take the club forward with astute signings, technically excellent coaches, and developing an ambitious academy that will serve future needs.

Now, how should have and how can Ashley take his plan forward? Let’s begin with a Ashley listening to his critics and review his relationship with Kinnear followed by the appointment of a head-hunter to recruit a top-drawer DoF such as Hiddink to take care of all things football going forward. Such a start could bring the realisation of Ashley’s dream and more importantly, something for fans of Newcastle United to support and go forward with.

We can but live in hope.

• 81 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Tequila

Too simplistic an assessment. You’re neglecting all the factors involved in the “improvement” and focusing on Pardew’s changes and attaching positives to that, rather than viewing the shambolic display as a whole.

• 82 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Jesper

Yesterday, we were looking into it. The most expensive hoarding at Norwich is just £6,000 per season. Ours won’t be much more so the total value of the SD hoardings is chicken feed in the scheme of things, and a hell of a lot less than the interest would be on the money Ashley has loaned the club.

• 83 headtheball // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

IanToon
    Wish I had your optimistic disposition. Following the Toon for over fifty years with more lows than highs has dampened mine. TDS is now asking the consequences of winning four or five on the trot. HELL freezing over comes to mind!
    Enjoy your football. We will be rewarded one day.
    HWTL

• 84 JackButler // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

The fact is that yes we we were better in the second half at Everton but simply put they had already won the game and eased off thus allowing us back into the game and lets be honest here we were lucky to get to half time at only 3-0 down

• 85 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

ciaran

gouffran got through off a good move too when he hit the post.

Granted everton took their foot of the gas but we did capitalise on this and looked a little better. We were far from great but we at least competed more. Not enough but better than first half.

• 86 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Jesper

See what I mean, complete and utter guesses.

• 87 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Ciaran

If you ever actually read what I’m writing and acknowledged the fact that I’m not just some idiot posting rubbish because I’m bored, then you might actually learn to have a more balanced view on the club that would allow you to target the true problems. The same goes for everyone else who appears as arrogant, ignorant and angry on here.

• 88 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

*not going so well using my phone sorry :(

• 89 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Jesper he may well have got selection wrong. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I seem to recall very few people saying that Willo should have started before the game. The vast majority of people were happy with the line-up.I think the sbs played their part and if your correct about the half-time pep talk then clearly Pardew does have motivational skills.I may be wrong bt I find it hard to believe that Pardew told 2 international CB to let a 70 yard clearence bounce. We were let down by suicidal defending . The fact that we were so much better in the second half suggests to me Pardew is not quite as clueless as many wold have you believe.

• 90 NEoffers.co.uk // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Gosling has joined Blackpool on a 3 month loan.

On a separate note, for all those living in the cramlington and surrounding area we have a Friday treat just for you….

• 91 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM

TDS

not getting into the hoarding debate as i simply dont know what the digital and normal boards cost at nufc, so i wont bother

but the interest free loan, although good for the club, is good for ashley too, not a selfless act. If the club is paying interest he is either losing money from his business NUFC, or having to fund those interest payments with his own cash from elsewhere.

So i’m glad he has done it but he gets the benefits of paying no interest and can also claim the money back over time, which he has been doing, or claim it back in the price of the club when he sells it.

• 92 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Ironic how you are calling people out to be ignorant and arrogant yet purport to be in a position to educate people. You really need to learn how to engage with people, however, I will not be so arrogant as to think I am in a position to do that.

• 93 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Ciaran, the trth is never simplistic but always involves many factors. I would also suggest that attributing all failure to the manager is equally simplistic. What do yo put the second half improvement down to?

• 94 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Headtheball

I’m certainly not putting any money on it!

• 95 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM

TDS…so how to a club like Spurs created more than twice as much revenue than us?

…Magic?

• 96 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

*do

• 97 JackButler // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM

tequilamag

Our second half performance was helped by the fact that Everton were already 3-0 up and eased off, allowing us back into the game.

I’m more concerned by the fact that for the first 45 minutes we looked like complete strangers, disinterested and devoid of any passion and commitment and thats what was so alarming.

I can take a defeat but I can’t take us not even bothering to turn up

• 98 catchy in norway // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Cardiff away
    Liverpool home
    Sunderland away
    Chelsea home
    spurs away

not one of those an easy game , and if we are lucky we might get one win , 3 more points to take us to 10
    will this be enough, ? I don’t think so

but I would love all you so called positive supporters out there to try and come on here and explain why I should not be negative

I would also love you to try and tell me I’m being unreasonable towards Pardew , the guy is a total clown , I never complained about CH when he was in charge , thought the guy did amazing with the same owner and technically so called worse players,

2 things bug me with pardew

1 if he is not getting the players he needs to play the way he would like them to play, he could take a stand and walk, would give all you guys out there some justification in backing him

2 if he carnt get the best out of this squad full of very good players, he will never get anything out of even better ones , our players are going backwards , he should hold his hands up and walk instead of putting all the fans through this pain.

but no it’s all about money,

now don’t get me wrong , Ashley takes a huge slice of the blame here , he has 2 clowns around him, he pays them both ,

I will go on record now and say we will get one point out of the next 5 games , v Sunderland

just waiting for the dog ate my homework excuse , that one is coming , he is running out of all the good ones

• 99 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Tequilla…the downfall at Everton was not down to a pour defense that was that a side product of was wrong at our club.

Benny was the only player causing Everton problems in the first half and most admit I still don’t get that sub.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing – just as much at stubborness can be nasty thing 😉 Pardew got it wrong and should have acted in my book.

On Willo, I would still not pick him against Cardiff; but maybe that’s just me.

• 100 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM

*poor

• 101 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM

catchy

I’m not a pardew fan and want another manager in instead of him, i’ll not hide that fact.

But to say we’ll be lucky to get 3 points isn’t right either. We could beat cardiff and sunderland, even draw a home game out of lvierpool and spurs.

I think we will get probably 6/7 points out of those games, maybe i’m being overly positive.

• 102 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM

*it’s really not going well with this keypad today :(

• 103 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM

JB, yeah Everton did take their foot off the gas but there is no way that they wanted to concede 2 goals in the second half. Nobody can say we did not have to work for our goals.
    I don`t think it was great performance from us and the second half does not make up for what happened in the first 45. But it seems odd to me that people will people on any bad thing that happens at the club then write off any positive performance or goal as merely luck, poor opposition or the odd flash of genius.

• 104 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM

jesper

I thought benny had a very poor half, was trying to do way too much himself, should have passed the ball more. Granted he didn’t always have options but sometimes he did and he chose the wrong one….thats been the lads problem his whole career and why he won’t be listed among the greats despite his undoubted talent.

• 105 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

tequila

could argue our goals we gave away were a result of us not marking and dealing with simple balls and not everton playing great football….if we use the argument of people who say ours were all luck/etc

Ii’m with you, got to say overall it was a terrible performance where we left ourselves too much to do but like you i think we showed a bit more control in the second half and offered a heck of a bigger threat than the first half.

• 106 JackButler // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Our run of fixtures is worrying as if Hull and Everton can tear us apart so easily the like’s of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs could well have a field day against us.

Everton scored three easy goals against us, they were not world class strike’s or anything special, we simply folded, but it’s funny how Mapou seems to be the man having the finger pointed at him as for me Colo seems to spend more time on his back than a cheap whore and if Williamson is the answer then we are in far worse shape that I thought

• 107 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Jesper, we all see the game differently. I thought HBA had a shocker. Changes were made, possibly not quick enough for you but not many managers will hook an uninjred player in the first 45. ^ games into a season is far too early in my opinion to gauge how a season will pan out. On the plus side we are playing the ball on the deck more and the football is easier on the eye this year. On the mins side the defence looks fragile. .I also doubt very much that Willo is the answer but they all seem to have weaknesses at CB. Sadly Colo is no longer the force he once was.

• 108 JackButler // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM

tequilamag

People will focus more on the first half shambles as thats what lost the game for us. If Everton had scored three class goals then fair enough, but they will all down to pathetic marking and positioning that you wouldn’t see in sunday league football.

Yeah we played a lot better in the first half and whether that was down to Pardew or the fact that Everton eased off is a matter of opinion, but why the hell are we incapable of producing a full 90 minute performance?

These players are coached every day and yet we are seeing the same poor performances every single week

• 109 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM

TS

Of course anything that keeps money in NUFC or increases the asset of NUFC is good for Ashley. But it’s good for NUFC too. And is providing an interest free loan to the club the most efficient use of more than £100M? Who knows…

His predecessors ran up large debts with huge interest payments every year, all while drawing huge salaries, using the club to promote their other business interests and then made an absolute killing when selling the club. They were wealthy before they got involved in the club but they became extremely wealthy from the club.

• 110 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM

JB, I don`t pretend to have the answers mate. I suspect the penny is starting to drop that the defenders we have are really no that good at defending. I am sure Pardew gets it tactically wrong at times but so many of our goals conceded seem to be down to very basic mistakes.

• 111 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM

jesper

Spurs’s overall revenue is about 50% more than ours. Or are you just talking about commercial revenue?

Their commercial revenue will be a lot higher than ours because:
    – they are based in London
    – they have had very consistent top half finishes for about the last 10 years
    – they have not been relegated recently
    – they are a well run club with a chairman (Levy) who already had significant experience with a big football club (Rangers)
    – they have had more experience in European competitions recently than us
    – they are firmly in the top 6 and have a chance of the Champions League
    – they are not in turmoil. Potential sponsors of NUFC will be concerned about the situation of the owner, DoF, manager, league position, Wonga, fans’ protests etc.

Sadly, we’re not the best prospect in the PL for sponsors to want to associate their brand with…not at the moment anyway.

• 112 JackButler // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM

tequilamag

I think what we are seeing on the pitch shows that Pardews time at the club has run it’s course, nothing is changing and we are as bad now as we were at any point last season. He’s had plenty of time to turn things around and has failed to do so as it’s still the basics that are costing us. For the good of the club he has to go and go soon otherwise another relegation battle is on the cards

• 113 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Ciaran

There are many people on this site who are capable of educating others. There are people who understand business, there are people who understand accounts, there are people who understand coaching methods or have knowledge of leagues in other countries.

Maybe you should try listening to other people and learn what they have to say rather than assuming that you know everything.

The link is here: http://ncfc-news.co.uk/CorporateBrochure/2012-13HospitalityBrochure.pdf

Page 20

Offkey found it and sent it to me. It clearly shows that the revenue for advertising hoardings is not that high. There is no reason for NUFC’s price to be that much higher than Norwich’s, but I would imagine it is a bit higher.

I don’t know how many SD hoardings are at the club but the money is chicken feed in relative terms.

Simple. Point proven with genuine facts and logic.

• 114 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM

TDS
    Yeh i’m not knocking the loan, it is very good for us.

I’m not saying you here, but some, claim that it’s a great thing for ashley and totally selfless when in fact it isn’t, it benefits him too which is why he did it.

But fair play to him for it, it’s good for us so i am thankful for that.

• 115 OhSholaAmeobi // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM

TDS

As much as I agree with what you’re saying, we can’t be doing enough to create revenue.
    Before it was the sports direct arena, the ground was filled with advertisements all from different companies, now we have wonga, sports direct and a few bits here and there including one big advertising roll that goes round 3/4s of the pitch saying the same message.
    Annoys me a lot.

• 116 OhSholaAmeobi // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM

We also had a great deal with adidas until they fell out of favour with ashley. If he’d kept them in good spirits about the future of the club they’d have invested and undoubtedly offered a better package than either puma or wonga – remember they pretty much payed for michael owen.

• 117 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

TS

Exactly. He’s not the saviour that some people paint him out to be! If he hadn’t bankrolled the club when we got relegated then the club would either have had to have a firesale of players (devaluing the players massively as they would have gone on the cheap) or it would have ended in administration.

We should be happy as owners of other clubs have simply let the club go to the wall, but he didn’t do it out of the goodness of his heart.

• 118 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM

OhSholaAmeobi

Dead right. And that’s the key issue for commercial revenue. Why aren’t the club able to generate more money? Beyond the top 6, there’s only maybe Everton and Aston Villa that should have a profile as big as ours, surely we could do more?

But like I said in post 111, sadly I don’t think the current situation with the club makes us an attractive option. As many fans on here bang on about, we’re not exactly the most positive brand right now sadly…

• 119 JackButler // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM

ToonDarnSarf

He didn’t bank roll the club when we were relegated the parachute payments took care of that, that and the fact that most of our highest earners were off the books

• 120 Transfer Sage // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM

TDS

I think ashley has the balance between nufc and sports direct now and is happy to not change things for the sake of small money. Whether its his duty to do whats best for the club is another issue, as he is the custodian of our heritage…but thats a different debate.

• 121 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

JB

The parachute payment is much less than we would normally get in the PL. There was still a significant operating loss that needed to be covered somehow. So Ashley lent the club £29M on an interest fee basis as a short-term loan. £11M of that has now been repaid and the remaining £18M was due to be taken this year but has been deferred.

So…he did in fact bankroll the club for that season. That’s exactly what he did.

• 122 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I don’t purport to know everything, that is your perception of me. An incorrect one I might add.

• 123 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM

TDA@111 your final point is very valid.Sponsors want to be associated with good news rather than constant turmoil. Whilst I agree MA is not the evil genius hell bent on making Newcastle supporters miserable as some believe Newcastle have become something of a toxic brand. I think that will only change if we either win something or change ownership.I won`t shed any tears when he does go but I can`t support the current agitators as so far I have heard nothing about what their plans are for a post MA Newcastle only that they want MA out. Without an actual achievable end goal it just seems a pointless waste of time to me.

• 124 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM

TS

Big debate there! I think he should of course and virtually every single fan would agree with me. The debate is how to convince him to do so.

From his perspective, I don’t see why he would want to do that when some of the most passionate fans are organising a march to demand he leaves!

• 125 Rotonda heights // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Tequila

Look how many chances Everton created second half, it could have been a cricket score with better finishing..

It was an individual bolt from the blue from Cabaye and a rather flattering 90 min consolation from Remy from a hopeful punt in to the box. Not exactly any team play.

Why bring an injured player (Cabaye) on second half when all subs have been used? If Cabaye had played first half then maybe a different result before we were 3-0 down and he could have come off if he was feeling it. Yet another bizarre decision from our genius manager

• 126 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Ciaran

Then please, for your own sake, try taking onboard some of the views of others, especially when they contain facts and truths that are often misunderstood or not understood at all.

There are some completely valid arguments in your posts but you lost a hell of a lot of credibility by trying to fight every single possible perceived battle, even when a bit of rationality would tell you that that battle isn’t worth fighting or doesn’t even exist.

Not every single action from Pardew, JFK or Ashley is worth an attack.

The best way to win the war is to pick the battles you can actually win.

• 127 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM

tequilamag

I think it’s a waste of time too mate. There has been talk of time4change marching to show the positive side of our club and the city it’s in, but I’m not confident that 5,000 scousers and who knows how many Geordies (many of whom will be angry at Ashley and also some will be drunk) to do that. I think it’s far more likely to descend into a mess.

I’m happy to be proved wrong of course and will be impressed if they can do it.

• 128 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Ruddy,

I hope you are sensible enough to see that ToonDarnSarf is giving you, in his first two paragraphs, some priceless advice.

• 129 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Rotonda I can find the link if you like but Cabaye came out today and asked not to be started as he was not 100% sure whether he cold make the whole game. It`s only a bizarre decision if yo choose to view it in that light.By all means give as much credit as you like to the opposition and devalue anything positive in the second half, that is your choice.

• 130 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM

TDS 5000 Scousers and and our supporters on a march, what can possibly go wrong. Just nobody mention the 35 mill we got for Carrol it may well be a sore point.

• 131 p // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Glad Gosling has gone to Blackpool, get him playing regularly then sell him.

I wonder if Ince is in the mix at all?

• 132 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM

BandB

So the other two bits of my post are rubbish advice? :-)

• 133 croftus5678 // Oct 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM

gosling gone to blackpool :-)

great move on all parts i think ! will give gos playing time and confidence with it being a little easier to hopefully get back to his best for us when he returns.

also will help our relationship with blackpool for when we sign ince in jan when gos has convinced him what a great club we are :-)

• 134 Mint // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM

You lads keep arguing – stop arguing. Dont you have wife’s for that!?

• 135 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

ToonDarnSarf,

I don’t have an opinion on everything, so didn’t comment on those.
    You are doing a grand job.

• 136 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Mint,

No, not last time I checked. :)

• 137 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

BandB

Ha!

Thanks.

I wonder if he has now disappeared only to reappear in an hour or so to start a new argument with someone?

• 138 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM

ToonDarnSarf,

No, I can’t see why he would.
    You wouldn’t believe it, but he used to be an insufferable prig.
    Anyway, last word to you……

• 139 Rotonda heights // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM

tequila

You amaze me 1-2 at home to Reading,
    0-3 Sunderland
    0-6 Liverpool
    2-3 Hull etc, etc, etc

16th last season and still 16th and no not with the worst squad in the world! Yet still like Pardew you’re giving every excuse under the sun.

At least KK when England manager had the decency to hold his hands up and say you know what this job’s too big for me.

• 140 Wiz // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I liked the posts about the dismal season the neggers are having. I suppose I have to admit my own poor form here. I don’t turn up very often, and when I do I find I’m on the subs’ bench. But I am very much behind the neggers and vocally encourage them whenever possible. The neggers are on their way at last, I think – our opponents have not had a look at the fixture list for the rest of this month. Meanwhile, there is a right good kicking administered to the supreme overlord by Lee Ryder today – he doesn’t usually clog the owner. Perhaps Lee is at last signing for the neggers. We could do with a few cloggers to stop the gobs of the little helpers that crop up here so volubly.

• 141 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM

BandB

I think that’s a good last word mate! I’ll leave it there… :-)

I don’t live in Newcastle any more and it’s not so easy to get to go to away games either so I rely on this blog to give me a sense of what is going on up there. It’s really a shame when a minority of people keep shouting their opinions and insulting everyone who disagrees with them.

Anyway…Cardiff tomorrow…sounds like MYM will be dropped for Willo and Cabaye will come in for someone. If we don’t win that one, then expect to hear calls for Pardew to go at the end of that match.

• 142 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Rotonda can you enlighten me as to which excuses I have made ? My summary of the game was that we were poor in the first half mainly down to “international defenders ” failing to do the basics and were improved in the second half. Your confusing not going along with the herd mentality of blaming everything on the manager with making excuses. Quite different things.

• 143 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

ToonDarnSarf,

Thank you.
    I’m pleased we understand each other :)

• 144 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

TDSarf,

Can I just add how pleasant it is to talk to such a perceptive young man.

B

• 145 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

BandB

I’m not sure what kind of age you class as young!

• 146 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

ToonDarnSarf,

How old are you? I always imagined you were quite young. Just goes to show how appearances can deceive, huh :)
    Anything under 18 is young for me.

• 147 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

BandB

I’m 35. Why did you think I was young??

• 148 John Tudor // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM

just be on after the next 5-6 games and defend the the regime
    boll0x

• 149 fatman // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM

ToonDarnSarf

the reason our commercial activity only brings in £13m is because most of it was out sauced so we no longer have much commercial business at the club, Ashley gets paid a cut of what the company’s make I’m not sure whether the £13m is his share or if it gets paid into mash holdings technically mash holdings own the club and this money could be part of the £125m cash Ashley has in that company or it could just be subsidizing rangers, although i had noticed Ashley’s rivals had taken the lead in the race to wrestle control of rangers, but knowing Ashley it could be one of his mates being control for him.

• 150 Laurent Robert 32 // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM

16th without Europe, where they apparently get “tired”, so tired lsst year. That little excuse has been shot to pieces as do the rest of Pardew’s dreadful excuses.

He was telling us we needed goals after the Sunderland game. Next home game… 0-6. Worst game I’ve been to, followed by an even worse one. Nice one, Alan.

His excuses attempt to distract poor team play and try to prolong his salary for another week, that’s it.

• 151 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM

JT I get it you want MA out. Can you tell me what you expect to happen when he goes ?

• 152 BandB // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

ToonDarnSarf.

I dunno. Stupid questions, see.
    I don’t think you ever mentioned it before, and I was curious. To be honest I’ve always wondered where you got your financial insights from too. You seem quite well informed. I guess if you are 35 you’ve got an interesting story to tell.
    Match day tomorrow eh!
    HWTL

• 153 Rotonda heights // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Tequila

You talk as if it’s always just the last game. We seem to have a post mortem after nearly every game it seems.

I don’t run with the herd at all. I’m not looking to run Ashley out of town but I can not condone a billionaire appointing his drinking buddies to key positions when they are obviously not fit for purpose.

You can not get the impression Pardew would be more successful with better players as has so clearly shown he can not handle the likes of a Tevez and Mascherano in the way a Fergie or a Guardiola can.

Pardew is a man out of his depth both tactically and in being able to motivate and it’s painful to watch his bluster and arrogance try and mask that facade of a drowning man.

At some point you have to stop with the excuses and either put up or shut up. With that 10.5M pay off probably neither scenario is imminent.

• 154 Laurent Robert 32 // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM

It’s amusing to see the branding of neggars, yet the view is only a reflection of what is going on the pitch and during interviews.

If we hadn’t realised or remembered, Swansea and Bosingwa saved us from the drop last year, we didn’t do that ourselves.

Full strength teams out this year and still we lose against Hull at home. No Europe, no injuries, no long grass, just rubbish management and ownership week after week.

• 155 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Rotonda again I am still waiting to hear what “rxcuses ” I have offered. I have already gone over this with TDS but I will try again with you. Given the finacial constraints MA employs in his business model and the chronic lack of autonomy enjoyed by Newcastle managers under his stewardship just who do yo expect to take over and imoprove the performance. Clearly Pardew is not the best manager around but can you really see any top notch manager wanting to work with an owner who employs a lets get by with what we have approach than seriously investing in the playing staff? We will either get a like for like at best or at worst and more likely JFK.

• 156 John Tudor // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM

have a peacefull life

• 157 John Tudor // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

he has done nothing but upset people so dont come the he saved us from doing a leeds crap i dont buy it

• 158 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Matchday tomorrow, it would appear that Williamson and Tiote have their places guaranteed for “strength” and also due to poor performances from the likes of M’biwa.

How come Saylor, Tiote and Jonas did not get dropped after consistent horror shows week in week out? Seems like different standards of performances are being used for different players.

• 159 John Tudor // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM

we certainly wont be doing anything with him

• 160 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM

fatman

Can you provide any evidence at all that sponsorship due to go to NUFC has somehow been siphoned off to another organisation. This is something that would show up in the accounts as many people have said before.

This sounds like another nasty Chinese whisper to me as it doesn’t make much sense. Our commercial revenue is actually pretty similar to Everton’s, West Ham’s and Villa’s and so I think is the joint 7th highest in the PL/ About where we should be some might say, but I think it should be a lot closer to the top 6.

• 161 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM

JT so you have no plan for life after MA, it is enough for you that he goes. Sorry mate but unless you actually have some positive goals like a credible alternative to MA then just twisting that you want MA out will not cut it. Show me a credible alternative and I will sign up.

• 162 John Tudor // Oct 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM

tds can you provide any evidence to the contrary

• 163 John Tudor // Oct 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM

dont need you to sign up you will bear the consequences of life under ashley as will i but at least i voiced my opinion

• 164 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM

For anyone that is interested there is a Football Governance Conference being held in Newcastle on the 24th October. There will be guest speaker from Jens Wagner, director of HSV who will take about fans ownership, as well as other guest speakers.

You can find information on the NUST website if you are interested

• 165 Ciaran // Oct 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Should read guest appearance from Jans Wagner

• 166 tequilamag // Oct 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM

JT your opinion would carry a bit more weight with me if you actually had a plan to improve the club.But it seems to amount to nothing more than Pardew is crap and we want MA out without any thought as to what comes next.

• 167 fatman // Oct 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM

ToonDarnSarf

i never said sponsorship i said most of the commercial business was outsourced i presume you understand what that entails, and I’m not guessing, you can check it out yourself. a quick search of the company that runs the bars a the club, the catering, the betting, Ashley often outsources, its a useful tool when you want to reduce costs.

• 168 fatman // Oct 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM

ToonDarnSarf

mash holdings is 100% owned by Ashley he uses it to buy whatever he wants, and yes he can move money about it his money and to the best of my knollage mash holdings is not even a limited liability company so the accounts to company’s house only needs to cover tax liability’s. when i owned my company in the 80’s & 90’s my accounts was only to cover my tax liability’s when you go limited liability, or a plc your accounts then have to list every asset every debt. Ashley like to do whatever he like with his money and has no accountability and does not have to justify what he does with it, just like your own, mash holdings is just like a wallet for Ashley or his piggy bank. if you had of asked me what i was doing i would have laughed at you, i don’t have a problem what Ashley does until it hurts the club, my first love. i know many thins about the club, as i overheard things when my brother was on the phone, but i would not post them on a blog as it would get back to him and we would have a major falling out.

• 169 lochinvar // Oct 5, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Too many vulnerable positions and goals lost coming from the flanks. More talking between our players is needed so having Wilko and Dummet at the back could be useful in breaking up the rhythm and speed of attackers – if they hear you shouting and getting in their face they hesitate , slow down and their decision making suffers – as my Norwegian friends say its good to have ” ice in the stomach” so let’s get tough and change the ownership of games in or favour.

previous post: Alan Pardew Praise For Newcastle Defender