Strange Words From Newcastle Star Creates A Mystery

Yohan Cabaye is with the French squad preparing for a friendly International against Australia, and a World Cup qualifying game against Finland, and not surprisingly during a press conference today, he was asked about what happened in the summer, when he refused to play for Newcastle United.

yohan cabaye in newcastle blue

Yohan Cabaye – only Joe Kinnear knows the truth

Yohan has since issued an apology to the Newcastle fans and vowed to repay them with his performances on the field, and he had an outstanding game on Saturday in the 2-1 win at Cardiff.

Cabaye and the fans have moved on from that episode, but when asked about it today, he gave a rather strange response – as follows:

“The only other person who knows the truth is Joe Kinnear.” “If he is honest, he will tell it.”

“It’s not for me to answer.” “I don’t want to talk about it. This is a press conference for the national team.”

So we have no idea what Yohan is talking about, but we could guess that Joe Kinnear told him he wasn’t leaving Newcastle United for the £10M (or was it £11M?) that Arsenal had offered.

But by that answer, we now need to know what the heck he is talking about.

Why couldn’t he have responded with something generic like – “I apologized to the Newcastle fans and it’s now behind me, and I just want to concentrate on my football and let that do the talking”

And the only time we have heard from Joe Kinnear since the singularly unsuccessful transfer window closed in early September, was in the program notes, and Joe basically defended Newcastle’s transfer business in the summer, and reiterated that Newcastle would not over pay for players.

But we all already knew that.

So it’s just  a little bit strange what Yohan has said – so maybe we don’t know the full story – any idea what Yohan is getting at?

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• theartfuldodger

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:04 PM

TDS,

You said he would use his personal money i.e. salary wisely for investment and not holidays or cars, but he does have a boat.
    That was my only point, and it didnt involve newcastles money.

However since we are on the subject, does Ashley run and manage NUFC for free ? Does he get a salary and who decides it.

The other thing I spoke about was using the tv money for better managers, coaches and DOF which cannot be bargained.

• fatman

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:04 PM

maybe we need to interview all Joe’s personality’s to get the answer, or get close when they have a discussion.

• kilcline

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Waking up drunk with Mike Ashley hanging out the back of you is to good for Kinnear.

• clinath@ed

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I assume he’s implying he did not put in a transfer request, and was prevented from playing on case he got injured, and screwed up a transfer deal.

• askar

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM

My team against Liverpool: win 3-2

IMO this team should be established with their roles properly be defined:

——————–Krull———————–

San ——–Colo—-Mbiwa/Willo——Deb

——————–Tiote—————

Gouf————-Cabaye————–Arfa

——————Sissoko——————

—————–Remy—————–

• fatman

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Why would Ashley draw a salary when he is happy to blow what the shepherds took in a year in a single night out.

• clinath@ed

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM

JT…may I call you JT? Are your comments, when put together, like a giant Japanese Haiku?

• John Tudor

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM

@4
    sounds bout right
    fill ashleys grubby mits

• fatman

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM

clinath@ed

i would agree with you and warned to keep his mouth shut or Jeopardise a move in January

• John Tudor

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM

sold then too late to be replaced
    ill just take it off the debt

• theartfuldodger

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM

On topic … Well Well Well !!
    Can someone twist the lines above to mean cabaye refused to play and that was it ?

• clinath@ed

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM

We may never know the complete truth, but Cabaye’s version rings truer to me.

• John Tudor

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

more chance pardew telling it than kinnear
    oops sorry no chance

• theartfuldodger

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Perhaps all this explains why Pardew has been sucking up to cabaye since the window..calling him world class, comparing him with baines ..to the point of embarassment..

• toonbrother

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM

we need cabaye more than he needs us. Lets just not stir the hornets nest and try to get the best out of him until the next transfer window opens.

• yo-yo

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM

water under any of the six bridges

• Ciaran

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Doesn’t categorically prove something but it certainly is interesting isn’t it.

I did say not to trust what the club tell you.

• John Tudor

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM

water over any of the 6 would have me concerned

• geordieboy83

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I just wanna say I love you guys lol. TDS and ciaran, the sad thing is you both make bloody good points then get all in each other’s faces, you both accuse each other of doing the same thing. Damn just talk footy not business. Not what is a true fan for fcuk sake you pull a black n white top scream the lads to the end regardless of the other crap that happens and you’re a true fan in my eyes. Ireland, Fiji squatting in the strawberry don’t matter where your from or what you do. Opinions and differences in them are what makes footy so great. It don’t mean I’m a moron or deluded or antagonistic coz I or you disagree.
    Have to say remy is a bit shit though much prefer obertan ; ) and why haven’t we spent the tv money yet? All I wanted was falcao ; )

That’s all lol

• fatman

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:34 PM

If we are talking Kinnear its water off a ducks ar*e.

• ASTORIA

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I think either Kinnear had sold him and agreed a deal or was touting him around to the highest bidder, hence why he didn’t play, didn’t make any comments etc. As I thought at the time, it was strange how it looked certain he was going then all went quiet. I think a deal was done then the club probably asked for more money and the buyers pulled out.

I don’t believe a word that comes out of that club anymore.

• John Tudor

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM

well now i feel a song coming on
    thin lizzy: don’t believe a word

• Assam Toon

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:41 PM

It will never be used, but 3 CBs with two attacking FBs, a twin engine and 3 CF would have helped us to switch from defense to attack quickly…the midfield will lay bare but what is the point of crowding it if we concede goals galore anyway…
    Krul
    Willo Colo Mbiwa
    Dummett Santon
    Cabaye Sissoko
    Ben Arfa Gouffran
    Remy

• Rooster

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM

It just stinks of the Kebab patter from Kinnear, I must admit, Yohan was made a right mug of.

Hes such a knacka is JK.

Mr know it all knows fcuk all.

• yo-yo

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM

JT

Back in the day the Uni engineering students managed to sling a mini under the Tyne Bridge during Rag Week without getting spotted or caught. How ? nobody knows..

• Ciaran

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Clinath from previous article,

If you have any doubt about whether I am Ruddy I would advise that you click on the hyperlink in my name, go to my blog and the about the author section. Shows my first name (which is Ciaran)

I think everyone and their dog knows that Ruddy set up the NUFC Daily, so should be rather indisputable proof.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Maybe Cabaye should ask his agent one more time 😉

• mickg108

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Cabaye could of Buried that,,yet he’s adding more Ember’s to a theory,,ALA Remy,,both using Toon as Stepping Stones,,til Jan ( May for Remy)..

• clinath@ed

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Ciaran, I don’t care enough to have any doubt….just noticed you have toned down the self grandiose arrogance you had as Ruddy.
    When I read your posts, is as if Ruddy were almost 10 years older than Ciaran.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I smell a rat and his name is Joe Kinnear. I wonder if he promised Cabaye that he would be moved on last summer? We all know Kinnear is full of himself and constantly spouts bollocks. It’s not a stretch to think he made some ridiculous comments to Cabaye.

• Himanshu Dhingra

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Any 1 know why Marveaux hasn’t even been on the bench in last couple of Matches?

He is always good for 20 minutes or so at worst.

• John Tudor

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM

he asked for a transfer and got a billy billy stamper

• ToonDarnSarf

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Take a quote made in French to an unpublished question, translate it, pick part of it that sounds controversial, speculate on the question and publish…

Then watch as conspiracy theories are created…

• GeordieTwo

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Santon has been poor for much of his time with us in my opinion. His defending is diabolical at times. He looks great on the ball with his size and pace but can’t cross and turns the ball over far too often. He is a liability defensively and has looked bad against numerous right wingers in the Prem. Just not sure why he is still starting.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

That could be right TDS @33. I wish my French was better.

• John Tudor

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

who gives a tom tit

• ToonDarnSarf

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

For me, he’s just saying that he doesn’t want to talk about it and it’s not his place to do so anyway.

Move on…nothing to see here…

• clinath@ed

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Why didn’t you come on here earlier TDS…and save the rest of us 30 odd pointless blogs???

• GeordieTwo

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Getting back to footy should Santon be starting against Liverpool? What about Willo and Cisse? Should we go with in form players or our best squad on paper? I would play Colo with Mbiwa or Saylor against Liverpool. Willo is far too slow and one dimensional. I would also think about dropping Santon for Dummett and playing a formation with 3 up front made up of Remy, Gouffran and Ben Arfa. Play 4-3-3 and make it clear to Benny that he has to defend properly or he will be taken off.

• John Tudor