Loic Remy Hints At Newcastle Move

Loic Remy has praised Newcastle United today, after he has been interviewed before France take on Australia in a friendly game this week,  and then next week play Finland in their last group qualifying game for the World Cup in Brazil next summer.

loic remy yes (2)

Loic Remy – in France’s colors

Loic was rather non-committal about his own future over the weekend,  after his brilliant brace at Cardiff on Saturday got Newcastle all 3 points.

And of course playing well for Newcastle has immediately got him back into the France squad, and Didier Deschamps has already praised him as one of France’s top strikers.

This is what :Loic said in his interview to the French press:

“Today I have the good luck to play for a very good club that allows me to fully express myself, you need to make the most of times such as these.”

“Last winter the manager already showed his faith in me, even though I chose to go to QPR instead.” “He has now shown faith in me a second time this summer, and I owe him in repaying that.”

Those are complimentary words about Newcastle from Loic there. 😀

It seems that Loic Remy is a big admirer of Pardew, and he thinks Alan can improve him as a strike – so that’s good news and maybe he will decide to make his home permanent at Newcastle?

That would be simply great.

What do you think?

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• ilovetoon8788

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Our Theirry Henry.

But i have very little to no hope in Joking Ear to do a transfer like that.

I can see Arsenal trumping us for him.

• Ciaran

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I’m sorry, but where in that statement does Remy hint at a move to Newcastle?

• jimmysmith

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Must be a subtle hint. So subtle in fact, that I fail to notice it.

• ToonDarnSarf

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Ibizatoon

Some football league club have gaping holes in their squads because they didn’t get to sign players in summer. And also some of our youth players are better than their players.

I don’t think there’s anything to worry about really.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Unfortunately the better he does for us the more likely a bigger club will come in for him .

Not sure what sort of options we have in this loan deal, whether it be first option to buy or a fee already agreed. If he gets somewhere near to 20 goals this season I reckon Arsenal might come in for him 🙁 .

• Ibizatoon

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM

If anything the hint as that he wont be signing for us full time..

“you need to make the most of times such as these.”

• Vest

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Then we have to sign him up, before Pardew gets the sack….

• Ibizatoon

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

TDS…In the scheme of things, I am not worried about it. Was just throwing out perhaps another reason no one seems interested other than all of youth players being pub league standard…at best.

• ToonDarnSarf

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Ciaran

One of your comments that I agree with…

I would be lucky if I could get away tickets for 1 or 2 matches a year of the ones I can actually plan to go to, so the £30 fee on top of this is just crazy. By the time I’ve paid that, bought the ticket and got a train into London then I’ll have spent about £100. That’s just ridiculous.

• ToonDarnSarf

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Ibiza

I bet there are dozens of PL youth players that their managers would like to send out on loan.

I think the window shuts in early November, so there will probably be some jostling close to that time.

• Ciaran

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

The club are not protecting themselves due to a pitch invasion against Darlington a couple of seasons ago, they are exploiting the fact that our away support is as loyal, if not more so, than our home support and will pay the £30 membership fee, on top of ticket prices.

Each club has been given an extra £200k (I think) to help make away travel more accessible to their fans. While funding travel for disabled supporters is a good first step, it cannot be the only step the club take on this score.

• WWSBRD

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Positive thinking more than any evidence

Remy will go to the best club that offers him a contract or the biggest monetary package

Kids being unable to get a loan move is no surprise surely? They are only highly rated by NUFC fans, Bigi is the only one with Championship experience Vuckic is a sick note which anyone with the internet can see and Campbell couldnt make it into the Carlisle

• The next Mike Williamson

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM

He’s still got that rape trial coming up but it now looks like Carr has found another gem. Our director of football looks foolish for not putting a clause in that if we offer £8m then he’s ours.
    I’m still worried we’ll end up with Gignac and Gomis, neither of whom can score goals in a poor french league.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

If only we had been able to keep some of the players that have left us we could have had this team :

——————————–Krul——————————

–Debuchy——-Collocini——–M’biwa——–Enrique–

———-Sissoko————Tiote————-Cabaye——–

————HBA—————Ba—————-Remy——–

Bench : Forster,Santon,Taylor,Anita,Marveaux,Cisse,Gouffran

I wonder how that team and bench would fair in the PL ?

• JackButler

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM

If……and it’s a big IF………we can get Remy on a permanent deal it would be massive for us as he is showing that he is real quality and already it’s obvious how big a part he will play in this season

• JackButler

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

WWSBRD

Agree mate, apart from Biggie and Dummett the youth lads are not really up to much. I had really high hopes for Tavernier but he seems to have fallen away but I’m still holding out hope for Streete

• cestriasteve

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Lilongwe

If your still there I have a couple of questions:

If we sign Remy on, who would you like to seem him playing alongside or in what formation.

2ndly I’m getting a bit concerned about sissoko, as well as our lack of goals from midfield, last year we were poor in that respect and it may continue this season, what should we do?

• roy

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Dream on! Remy will go in January he is using NUFC, to keep him in the shop window. The kid is to good for this team NUFC, are a shambles from top to bottom, the manager is 3rd rate his boss is a foul mouthed chancer who enjoys winding the fans up with prospective signings that never happen. The owner is a rich wide boy who is not interested in the club and its fans hence the rabid faith in Pardew, a guy that couldn’t get another managerial position at another top club when he eventually gets sacked. No wonder Cabaye wanted out they can see their careers going no where up here.

• WWSBRD

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM

JB
    I never really rated Tav so him disappearing is no shock to me as for Streete I just know his name Ive never seen him play so I have no opinion on him

• Harley

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Well I know one thing.

Doing this march against Ashley on Saturday certainly won’t help make his mind up. Or convince cabaye to stay or sign any decent new players.

I understand everyone’s frustrations with Ashley but doing this march will not help one bit.

He already knows he’s not wanted but until he gets his money back on the sale of the club, he is here to stay.

Like it or not we are stuck with him until this time but all these protests will do will harm the image of the club.

It will put off potential players, prospective buyers, sponsors, current players, there’s just no good will come of it!

• geordieboy83

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Harley
    I completely agree mate. However I can see why the fans want to do it. But to me in my opinion it’s just going to cause a bigger divide between Ashley and ourselves. And potential players may be out off by it looking at our squad and our healthyish league position and wonder how much more do we want and how much pressure is their going to be to satisfy us. As if course they won’t know the deep lying hatred some of our fans feel towards the owner.

I do often wonder if we tried to embrace Ashley a bit he may show more interest, he won’t change his plans but may give us the decency to communicate. To be frank if somebody sent me death threats like he received in the past I’d tell you to go fcuk yourselves.

The way I see it. Got a very good core of 13 or 14 players, a very decent academy facility, a stadium to rival any, and us fans. I’d love more ambition but I’ll tell you what it ain’t that bad.
    And I’m not a shit fan for my thoughts or the problem. Just making the most of what we got

• Rooster

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Mike has for me one hell of a lot of making up to do as far as im concerned, yes HIS financial dealings are always taken in to consideration, after all its his main goal isn’t it, he bought the club, and he did not do what he should have did he so if he wanted to keep it then the loan of his was his option that suited him he did not do it to appease the fans, its all about MA and his investment.

Just get a bit straighter with us for god sake, smoke n mirrors all the time with u, we need players in the winter window, no fcuking about you have no doubt targeted a few, don’t loose them for what in all honesty represents peanuts to you, a middle ground at times has to be reached, we are not going after your usual fire sale types that you get in your business world, even we were seen as that as SJH could not wait to sell, hopefully Mike just speculate that bit more or the top six will be gone for good, you are on very thin ice with probably 95 per cent of supporters, you keep telling everyone how big your gonads are, prove it.

• Harley

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Geordieboy

I’m so glad others feel this way.

I don’t think Ashley is a particularly good owner and I’d like to get someone who appreciates our amazing fans more and would invest just a little bit more in to the club.

There’s other faults with him too but we’re sitting in 11th (joint 9th) we’ve a great bunch of players and are still IMO an attractive club to potential players.

And I agree with your theory. I also feel the hatred aimed at Ashley has caused some of his decisions.

• JackButler

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Harley/geordieboy83

The fears of what any kind of protest against Ashley could bring about are justified, but what aelse are we supposed to do? Sitting back and simply waiting him out could take years. The fans have to make it known that we want a change, that the way we are being treated simply isn’t good enough.

If we sit back and allow him to continue to run us the way he is then maybe he’ll never leave, sometime to bring about change you have to force it to happen and thats what people are trying to do

• geordieboy83

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Harley

I’ve felt this way all along. There are plenty more that do aswell. But as u say some due hard fans feel the need to vent there anger and fair play to them for doing do. But then there are some others who would piss and moan no matter how we do things. Same in every club in the world lol Barcelona fans are upset after winning every game coz they played a few long balls.

Jack butler
    Hi mate not spoke with at before how’s it going. It’s just my 2 pence worth mate. I’m all for people doing what they think is right. It’s just a double edged sword does the chance of success outweigh the risk? Christ knows mate but as long as there is no long term damage to the club knock yourselves out and do what you gotta do.

• Harley

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Rooster, jack butler

I get it, I really do. I completely understand everyone’s frustrations. I know some feel a lot more passionately than others and I get this to.

But Ashley will not sell and write off that interest free loan. Even if he took notice of the march and realised what we all thought and decided to sell, there is no one who will pay 130million over the odds for our club.

We are stuck with him until he gets his money back (IMO this will be another 3-4years). I know none of this is fact and it is only my opinion but I truly believe hi would only sell if he got all of his money back.

People ask well what ear should we do? I really don’t know but I know a protest will cause more harm than good.

• Harley

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Else!!!

Bloody iPhones.

• JackButler

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

geordieboy83

I’m good mate thanks, as you and Harley have said there are some very good things at the club but they are undermined by the decision to appoint men who are simply not good enough for the position they have been given. Would we be better positioned if we had a manager and Director of Football who had proven track records? Definitely in my own opinion, would the fans be more willing and receptive if there had been open lines of communication with the club? without a doubt.

The negatives at the club are of the owners own making and could easily be rectified if he chose to do so, but he alienates himself and it has cost him so much as he had the chance of something great here.

For me I truly think that Ashley is now looking to get out as soon as possible, he wants his investment back and be able to walk away clean and if this open showing of displeasure against him speeds that up then it’s can only be a good thing

• kt97toonarmy

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Look lads the fact is it dosent matter bout how much arsenal or manu or anyone are willing to pay. We have a future fee for him. Meaning if we pay the pre contract. We will get him. No teams can barge in and take him from us. We can pay this fee at anytime within the season. Remeber ben arfa. That was also a pre agreement nd i recall at the time when we got him on loan. There was many other teams after him.

And about the previous post of us signing 2 more players.this is ok news but we signed keman. How many apperances he had again. We need players for this season not 5 or 6 down the line!

• JackButler

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

kt97toonarmy

All indications are that we do not have any agreement in place, well if Kinnears words are anything to go by, as he has said that he WILL return to QPR at the end of the season and if his price in the market has increased then it will be good business for QPR and for us as we get the player playing well for a season.

Time will tell if we have again dropped the ball

• geordieboy83

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Jack butler

As I say mate I genuinely understand why you guys of what you do and say what you say. It’s just numpties who criticise every tiny thing that big me.

Yeah I agree it would be a good thing but there is no certainties he wants out, and if this us the case he can certainly hurt us a damn site more than we can hurt him.

I get he’s made attrocious decisions but was he advised horrendously by his lieutenant? Is this why llambias was axed? JFK is a tool but generally what did he ever do to us to warrant the hatred and people wishing ill health on him? Pardew meh not great not the worst. Wonga, stadium change, long contract all shocking but he hires advisors to do these things.

I just wonder if we embraced him how would things have differed?

• ToonDarnSarf

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Some fans think appointing JFK was bad…look at what Cardiff have done! Put an experienced guy on gardening leave and replaced him with a 23 year old kid who was painting the fences over the summer as work experience! All because he’s friends with the bosses son…

Even Fergie appointed his sons to work on some transfers and that didn’t work well either…

• JackButler

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM

geordieboy83

The sad thing is we did embrace him but that went south after the way he treated Keegan in another ill advised decision. As for Kinnear, appointing him once was a mistake, twice was beyond all sensible reason.

Ashley is not a footballing man as should align himself with footballing men and not hire from his friends list as for someone who has been a massive success in retail he’s ballsed this up time and time again

• jimmysmith

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I support the march, not because I particularly want him out, but because I don’t believe he’s doing enough. I want him to be more involved and most of all to give back more, and part of me believes that with some persuasion and pressure from fans he might sooner rather than later.

It’s such an amazing old club, it’s hard for me to accept someone could own it and not eventually come to love it, as we do, and do right by it.

• kt97toonarmy

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Oh my god have u seen the 3rd kit. Errr! Its awful. But we always have a bad kit every year. Sometimes 2 but i cant complain i like home and away tops this year. Thats all u need and im getting name on the back of home shirt. But i dont no what player should go on the back. Id have cabaye but i think hes going in january. Any suggestions?

• geordieboy83

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Jackbutler

Yeah I know mate he’s ballsed up and ultimately it falls on his head. But I do feel he has been ill advised with it.

In essence not everyone’s choice but is JFK not a football person? As I say the bloke is delusional but business figures mean diddly squat to him so footballing knowledge is his thing. As I say not great by any stretch. Basically as you can see I’m so stuck on the fence it’s hurting my arse now lol I see positives and negatives with every part of this regime.

All I care about is that I still look forward in blind optimism to every game like a 10 year old boy

• JackButler

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM

geordieboy83

It all comes down to the fact that people no longer trust Ashley to do the right thing by the club and Kinnear is a habitual liar who has done nothing other than insult the fans of this club with his pathetic rants and with his brash and confrontational nature there have to be serious questions regarding his negotiating skill.

• Partizan

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Man Utd are offering new contract to Januzaj of 60k pw…If we want to keep Remy we gotta go with at least 90k pw…anything below for sure will be rejected by him.

• mindshaft

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

If people want to march then fair play to them, personally seeing the poor turnout for these events makes it all seem a bit of a waste of time – Ashley won’t notice it as a: he’s not likely to be walking the streets and b: due to poor turnout it won’t be reported anywhere other than the chronicle which I doubt Ashley reads anyway

• Ciaran

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I do love it when the ills of our club are being justified with comparisons to other similarly ridiculous decisions of other clubs.

You think we have it bad with Pardew in charge? Some club in Azerbaijan hired a manager based on his experiences in Football Manager. Thank God we’re not them…