The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Is Why Pardew Will Be Pleased With France Display

9:30 am, Saturday, October 12th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 18 Comments

Yohan Cabaye had a great game for France last night in their six goal 51 minute demolition of Australia in Paris last night in a friendly, and in addition to Yohan, Mathieu Debuchy and Loic Remy started the game for France, and Moussa Sissoko came on very late in the game, so all four Newcastle players called up for the squad played last night.

yohan cabaye goal australia

Yohan Cabaye after scoring great goal for France

Of course the important game is in Paris on Tuesday night against Finland, and Yohan Cabaye and Loic Remy are almost certain to start that game, and Mathieu Debuchy had a very solid game and scored a great goal.

So it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that all four Newcastle players could start France’s final game in their group.

Alan Pardew was hoping yesterday that Cabaye would get  battle hardened with two games for France during the International break, and he scored a wonderful opportunist goal last night, the best goal of the game, and Debuchy scored the second best – but maybe there’s a little prejudice there. :D

If Yohan can show the form he was in last night when we meet Liverpool next Saturday afternoon, we may be able to make a game of it, but I have to confess I’m still just a little bit worried about our defense.

Here’s the video of all the goals – the second one by Giroud is good – but listen to the roar when Yohan scores his fantastic goal – you need real skill to score a goal like that!

What do you think?

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Loic Remy · Mathieu Debuchy · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Yohan Cabaye

18 responses so far ↓

• 1 Magpies4Life // Oct 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM

First! and foremost there were no injuries to NUFC players. Good!

• 2 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Bendtner scored twice last night against Italy!

…we should have won; but the never the less it was nice to see glimses of the old Bendtner again ;)

• 3 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM

It is really boring in here of late!

• 4 mattnufc // Oct 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM

You missed Debuchy scoring, as well.

• 5 kt97toonarmy // Oct 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Nufc 2 austrilia 0

• 6 lesh // Oct 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Oh Ed, you’re tempting fate hoping that if Cabaye can show the form he was in last night when we meet Liverpool next Saturday afternoon, we may be able to make a game of it. Let’s hope so but we’re becoming adept in flopping when hopes are raised.

Maybe we should stop raising expectations and putting pressure on the players?

• 7 Sav // Oct 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Cracking goals, all of them. Good to see Debuchy make a point of including Sissoko in the celebration of his goal. Greta finish.

• 8 t00ntime // Oct 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Didnt watch the game but GFN france said Remy was the worst player.
    Cabaye had a good shot on him but his passing at times was all over the place
    And debuchy was good going forward but defensively all over the place, if australia were going to score it wud of been down his flank, constantly gave the ball away etc

So apart from debuchy actually scoring is that not just a normal game from those 2?

Remy on the otherhand isnt too good on the RW apparently

• 9 Blofal // Oct 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Remy looked knackered after 30 mins. I think there are still some fitness issues there..

• 10 lesh // Oct 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Off thread but the club is referred to as a good example of the way the game’s going.

• 11 remember69 // Oct 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM

A team wins 6-0 and we strive to look for negatives in that? WHY?

• 12 wolfshead@toon // Oct 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM

@11

idiots haha

• 13 WWSBRD // Oct 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Good for France but really until they do it for NUFC nothing’s changed as far as am concerned

• 14 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Lesh…Ibiza posted that link yesterday I think; I really liked the bit about the two mini-dictators rule with little regard for their people :D

…reminded me of an old song by Elvis Costello:

“Two little Hitlers will fight it out until
    One little Hitler does the other one’s will
    I will return
    I will not burn…”

• 15 Jail for Ashley // Oct 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

What has happened to this blog, international braek or not. Mike Ashley has taken the fun out of supporting our great club.

• 16 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM

WWSBRD…no one is really shining for Newcastle that is the problem (you have the occasional standouts, but they are far between)

…our tactics are not meant for consistency I think (unless the whole team disregard what they have be told and find a common ground forward :))

• 17 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM

“I need my head examined
    I need my eyes excited
    I’d like to join the party
    But I was not invited
    You make a member of me
    I’ll be delighted

Two little Hitlers will fight it out until
    One little Hitler does the other one’s will
    I will return
    I will not burn…”

• 18 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

J4A…the fun has been gone for awhile :(

…this is just the aftermath

previous post: England 4 Montenegro 1 – Extended Video Highlights