This Newcastle Winger Still In Good Spirits

Gabby Obertan has just returned from injury but he will find it difficult to get back into the Newcastle first team, in this his third season at the club, but we’ve been impressed with the Frenchman’s attitude and professionalism, and the Reserve team manager Willie Donachie praised him for his attitude and good play in last Monday night’s Reserve team game at Whitley Park against Bolton Wanderers when the score ended in a 1-1 draw.

gabby obertan bordeaux first goal ameobi

Gabby Obertan – handling his situation with some class

Gabby made the first goal in that game, and he will now try to get back into some kind of form so he can challenge again for the Newcastle first team, although his chances of making the 18 man squad when every Newcastle player is fit cannot be too good.

But the 24 year-old former french U21 International is still in good spirits as he had this to say in the local papers:

“I’m quite confident. It’s not easy to be on the bench and not come on, but it’s part and parcel of the job. “I just have to keep waiting and working hard.”

“It’s a test, mentally. You must keep on focusing on an opportunity, because you never know when it will come. I’ll be ready for it.” “Everything is possible. I will see what’s going on until December, and I’ll see what’s best for me and the club.”

“I can’t obviously keep on being on the bench and not being involved. I’ll see what’s best for the club and me.”

There’s even a chance that Obertan could go out on loan before the emergency transfer window closes on November 4th, but if that doesn’t happen and Gabby doesn’t get much playing time, he could well go out on loan in January.

It’s not easy for footballers when they find themselves squeezed out of the first team picture, but Gabby seems to be handling it very well.

And that’s good for him.

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• John Tudor

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:06 PM

theres only one gabriel and this aint him

• Ibizatoon

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Maybe a return to the Krusty Krab is on the cards? God only knows what a state it’s in left to spongebob all on his lonesome.

• John Tudor

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM

he has gary

• Ibizatoon

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Oh yeah, I can rest easy then 🙂

• John Tudor

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM

and his clarinet

• jimBOB

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM

well you have had 3 years to get your act together, im sorry but if we do a………… ‘shola’ ‘mabey next season’……… he will be here until he gets into the nigeria team. oh hang on he’s french.

• Ian Toon

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Moussa Sissoko football freestyle: Newcastle star skills video | Mail …
    http://www.dailymMoussa Sissoko football freestyle: Newcastle star skills video | Mail …

• bollance

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Ian

The link doesn’t work but I checked out the daily mail video and moussa has a lack of skills. But I watched the last 10 minutes of France Australia and he came on and nearly scored.

For the national team he is yet to deliver, apparently. It is likely he will go to brazil but as a squad player at present. Hopefully that will drive him on to have a special season because after signing for us he has been a regular in the right wing. Ironic how remy has signed on loan for us and has now taken his place.

• Ian Toon

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:23 PM

bollance- Sorry about the video – confirms that if you want something doing do it yourself. Amused by the question posed – is Sissoko better than Zidane- LOL. Moussa does have a heavy touch and his distribution can be better but his power is a big asset in the PL. He’s yet to match his Chelsea showing which made him look the real deal. He can do better in the air to justify a more central role rather than a marauding right wing slot where he is wasted in my opinion.

Remy was listed from 6/10 as being injured with a knock and I was told by a mate who watched the game that he was awful. Whereas Cabaye seems to be getting back to form and I fancy him to start making a real contribution. It’s good to have options in the vital midfield areas and I can see a role for Tiote, Anita, Cabaye and Sissoko going forward.

The battle for a France place has got to be good for us.

The Ivory Coast v Senegal game gives Cisse a chance to trouble the scorer again.

• cyprus

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Glad you finally got your confidence man. Best of luck with your new team.

• cyprus

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Debuchy review:

“Powerful presence on the right-hand side, and the Newcastle full-back capped off a superb evening with his second international goal, a fantastic strike just inside the area.”

Cabaye:

“Creative in the middle of the park, Cabaye was outstanding, picking up the ball and locating Ribery and Nasri superbly on every occasion. Took a well-worked goal superbly too.”

• Ian Toon

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Well done pool they’ve now won 3 of their last 5 games.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Notice how playing for France Debuchy found himself in a very attacking position inside the box and finished brilliantly .

Other than the odd corner for us he is never in such an advanced role . I know it was only Australia but it shows what our players could do if we pressured teams for 90 minutes rather the in spells under Pardew.

• Magickit

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Ivory Coast 2:0 Senegal in 20 mins

Tiote looks fit .

Papiss Cisse looks isolated in the team (again)