Newcastle Player – I Feel Good – I’m At My Best

Newcastle United right-back Mathieu Debuchy had two very good games over the International break and scored a great goals against Australia, but now he has to get his head down and start playing consistently well for Newcastle.

mathieu debuchy france team

Mathieu Debuchy – two good games for France

Mathieu had a terrible start to the season when he had a very poor game in the 4-0 dubbing at the Etihad Stadium, but since then he;s looked steady at the back for the Magpies.

Mathieu was pursued by Newcastle last year and he eventually signed for Newcastle for around £5.5M in early January from Lille.

Mathieu has told French radio channel RMC that he’s in his best form now:

“It’s true that I feel good. I had to get settled after my transfer to England. It’s never easy. These two internationals have done me good. Before that, I was on the bench. Now, I feel that I’m at my best.”

Debuchy is the regular right back at Newcastle and has played in all 7 Premier League games so far this season, and he will face a tough test on Saturday as Liverpool.

Maybe Mathieu can get a goal for Newcastle, and certainly last week this goal he scored for France was excellent, and he hit the ball beautifully.

[youtube id=”IBqjejbw6cY” mode=”normal” align=”left”]

• G

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Not bothered about Debuchy getting a goal, but it would be nice to see him defend for a change. Anybody know why Jonas has gone back to Argentina for personal reasons btw?

• Graeme

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM

This guy and whoever plays LB are going to have their work cut out backing up the CB’s to nullify Suarez and Sturridge. If the Back FOUR, as a collective, dont get these two strikers under control, they will rip them apart as the game goes on.

Can Pardew get the back four to work as a team to ensure the two strikers are always covered and forced out wide away from the goal.

It is going to be a facinating battle which will ubdoubtedly decide the match. If he can, it will be the first time this season – if he cant, we will lose the game.

• Yohan Kebab

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:21 PM

repost from last page

remember how upset guti got with all the colo stuff last year, i still think the two are linked in some way, if jonas pulls out after colos injury that could serve to reinforce this suspicion

• G

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM

YK, never really seemed to upset him too much last year? Yeah he was supportive of his countryman, but he didn’t spit his dummy and refuse to play or anything.

• Robby Bobson

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Debuchy focuses on attacking alot but my personal view is that the more attacking the full back is, the more it presses the other teams wingers back.

Against Everton he won the header that set up Remys goal amd vs Cardiff he got through but decided to cut it back tk remy who flapped at the chance.

His finish for france with his weaker foot was exceptional and in the air ive never seen him lose a challenge, i just think he needs to adjust abit more and he will become a top full back…look at Zabaleta average at first but after a couple of seasons learned the balance between attack and defence.

• NEWEXPATMAGPIE

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM

My prediction is 1-3 to them !

I have a feeling we will score the 1-0, and then try and sit back and defend, where if it was me i would try and press home the 1-0 advantage and push for 2-0 and 3-0 !

I fear the worst, Suarez and Sturridge will be difficult to stop !