The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – He’s Been A Big Player For Us So Far This Season

3:44 pm, Thursday, October 17th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 33 Comments

Alan Pardew held his news conference this afternoon in front of the local Newcastle reporters, and it lasted around ten minutes, and he talked about lots of different things.

loic remy cvardiff

Loic Remy – big player for Newcastle so far

Alan was invariably asked about Loic Remy, who has made a great start to the season with five goals in just five appearances for the side, and has looked a terrific all round player in the black and white stripes.

This is what Alan said about the French International striker:

“He’s been called back into the French squad so he’s had a taste of that and it’s been a great start to the season for him.”

“That’s been because of his strong performances not just his goals but his all round performances for us.” “He’s been a big player for us so far this season.

Alan was also asked about signing Remy permanently, but the manager said that was a question for later.

The Newcastle manager also talked about Colo’s groin injury, but said there was no reason Newcastle couldn’t cope in Colo’s absence, although he did say the side would need to defend a lot better than we did in April when we were annihilated 6-0 by the Reds.

How Newcastle play defensively on Saturday will decide whether or not we can get anything out of this game, but it’s going to be very tough with Liverpool the favorites to win the game.

What do you think?

Tags: Fabricio Coloccini · Loic Remy · Newcastle News · Premier League · Press Conference

33 responses so far ↓

• 1 croftus5678 // Oct 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM

the lad has been in a different class for us and i do believe we are the pefect team for him and he will only get a lot more recognition by staying with us.

however i think we all know he will go where there is the most money and with the way he’s been playing surely someone will offer him that money :-(

just what kitty ashley will give us to spend in jan only he knows but i really really hope he gives us some of the tv money and doesnt pocket everything for himself.

• 2 Transfer Sage // Oct 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM

croftus

I think he might get snapped up by somebody like arsenal or spurs….a good player that they could do with, gets goals and also wouldn’t break the bank.

• 3 Ed Harrison // Oct 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Please stop the arguments about Ian Toon – I have checked everything out today and Ian has only one userid – thanks – Ed Harrison.

• 4 croftus5678 // Oct 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM

@2 ts

yes maybe :-(

i can see manu panic buying also come jan so i expect them to bid for tiote/cabaye or maybe remy and see zaha come the other way by loan as part of a deal !

could be bum clenching time in jan :-( just hope we have a decent amount of points saved up if bids do start coming in so that any players (if there is any) have time to settle into a mid table team and not one fighting relegation.

if we keep and sign a few players though i think we can make 7th or 8th

• 5 Transfer Sage // Oct 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

croftus

well we can’t lose remy in january which is a bonus, so have all summer to find a replacement if we don’t keep him

i doubt man utd will go for tiote or cabaye, they will be shopping in a higher end of the market than that.

• 6 Ted Bundy // Oct 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Just another hit there for Ruddy’s credibility, hopefully the final one. Crusading against Ian for months and drawing others into it by throwing accusations around at anyone who’d agree with Ian.

I think you owe a few people an apology, if they’re kind enough to accept.

• 7 Ibizatoon // Oct 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Ted…Ed has asked everyone to stop the argument. Your interpretation of that post hardly tells the whole story, so perhaps we should just leave it, as requested.

• 8 GeordieTwo // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Remy is definitely the key to our attack. Without his 5 goals and Ben Arfa’s contributions in a couple of games we would be in the bottom 3. We’re facing an in form Liverpool side with an uncertain defense. Not a good idea but unavoidable since we didn’t strengthen again last summer. Too late now as we have a string of difficult games ahead. Good luck lads. Pards will be on shaky ground again soon.

• 9 wolfshead@toon // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM

was there a fight i missed lol ians posts are so tedious im surprised anyone read them haha

• 10 wolfshead@toon // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM

@8 pards on shaky ground again wishful thinking on your part eh 😉

• 11 Ted Bundy // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Oh, ferk off Ibizatoon!

• 12 GeordieTwo // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I don’t think so wolfshead mate. I think the results in the next 4 or 5 games will put Pardew there. A mauling by Liverpool, a clumsy draw against Sunderland and then 2 losses against Chelsea and Spurs. One point from a possible 12 might even wake Ashley up.

• 13 Ibizatoon // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Ted….That’s the spirit!

• 14 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM

To the to geniuses on the last thread; tracking back andd closing down are not the same thing! If they are anything then it is the exact opposite 😉

If you want to correct me at least get that right!

• 15 Ciaran // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I know what Ed told me. Ian knows the truth. Ed knows the truth and I must say I am quite surprised by this ‘admission’ from ‘Ed’

Hasn’t hit my credibility whatsoever as I, and many others know the truth.

• 16 GeordieTwo // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Are we ready for 1 point from the next 4 games? Where would that put us in the table? Let’s see that would be 11 points from 11 games and possibly in 16th place. I hope that’s too pessimistic but with Colo out and Cisse completely lost we are utterly dependent on about 4 players: Remy, Cabaye, Ben Arfa (if in form), and Krul. It’s not promising, especially if one or more of them get injured.

• 17 Ibizatoon // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM

G2 & Wolfshead…It doesn’t look good for Pardew right now. To be fair, it wouldn’t look too good for most managers with those 4 games coming up.

Reasonably, what would people consider a fair return of points from those games? Not what you expect, but all things considered, what would be reasonable?

I think 4/5 points. Beat the mackems and one or two draws.

My biggest worry, other than what position we’ll find ourselves in after those games is the mental state of the players and whether they can then turn things around.

• 18 GeordieTwo // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Too late to splash the cash Ash. So what are you going to do now? When will the panic set in? I don’t think it will be long now. But don’t worry Mike, there’s always Joe to talk to. He has many brilliant ideas I’m sure.

• 19 GeordieTwo // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Five points would be amazing Ibiza mate. Don’t take it to the bank just yet though. If teams can find a way to stop Remy we are dead ducks. I’m sure managers are taking a look at the possibilities. They aren’t all as thick as Pardew.

• 20 Ibizatoon // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Ciaran…There is a key word in that admission. I think the point has been lost completely, but I’m not talking about it…of course!

• 21 Ibizatoon // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM

G2…Never bank on Newcastle, that’s a given :)

• 22 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Ruddy
    Normally the arguments on here are pretty funny but this has dragged, so I’ve taken Ian Toons advice and Emailed Ed

Not to ask who’s who or how many accounts who has or who’s a liar etc but simply to a) email all parties asking for an end and b) contact WordPress to make it harder to set up multiple/Duplicate accountants

I’m not taking Eds post just now as gospel as we’ve seen in the past with idiots like jeff it’s easy to duplicate an account, it really doesn’t prove much
    I’m not calling either of a liar, but instead begging that you both stick to the footy chat as this is boring as fcuk!!!!

Btw think your blog is coming on nicely always good to read more than one view on the toon! Also like reading wor carryingcoals blog, the lad does a great match report!

• 23 Ciaran // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Ibiza

Wouldn’t be “has” by any chance would it? No reference to past accounts I see.

He’s well and truly cracked. Not giving this any more time of day than it already has been given as it is nothing but nonsense and is part of the reason so many people have ceased commenting on the blog.

• 24 croftus5678 // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

i see us beating sunderland but losing to chelsea/liverpool and seeing as we have cisse yet to come into form i’ll go for a shock win against spurs.

• 25 Ibizatoon // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Ciaran…Okay then, maybe there’s two!

Whatever went down in the past, I think most are of a mind to simply move on, but that will take all parties and bystanders to give it a rest and just take each persons input from this point on at face value. Should be easy enough…

• 26 tequilamag // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Jesp , little point in tracking back if your not prepared to close down as well, otherwise your just a spectator with a really good view.

• 27 Ciaran // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Tads

No worries. I’ve gotten over it many moons ago because I got my vindication on the issue months and months ago, yet Ian has went out of his way to force his own vindication, which doesn’t hold water when you put it up to scrutiny.

I’m bored with the fiasco as Ian Toon genuinely strikes me as a massively unhinged person who could cause himself or others harm so like I said, I am putting this to bed.

Thanks for the kind words on the blog, I’m happy with the early days of it, thinking of ways to improve the layout, but that will come in due course. Carryingcoals’ articles are always a good read in my opinion. I always think it is good to have a diverse range of opinions, keeps things fresh.

• 28 GeordieTwo // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM

We had a fairly easy start to the season but didn’t take enough points from the games. That will come back to bite us now. Pardew will be sweating about this game in particular especially after last season. If things go bad it might go very badly for him. The patience may be gone from the supporters at home. A poor performance just won’t be acceptable any longer. Too many poor home performances recently and at the end of last season.

• 29 jimBOB // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM

woah woah woah, calm doon people. really have no idea whats going on so al stick to the task at hand.

Liverpool, so there a funny bunch of Tomato’s. predicts on weather we will sit back or have a go? well Pards seems to have him Mind made up. DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND. just have a bloody go at them.

feeling very good about this weekend.

• 30 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM

JimBOB
    Going to be a funny game, really can’t even guess how it will go because are form is all over the shop!

Don’t reckon pards will set up defensively though, he’s set us up with quite an attacking look since remy has been starting and has highlighted several times he wants more threading up front

Personally for me, I’d drop cisse
    The game is far to big for us to be carrying a passenger, same for the mackem game too
    I’m also hoping Anita will be restored to the line up, think tiote played well against Cardiff like but there a team who don’t move the ball that quickly and like a battle, the pace Liverpool move the ball around I think will take tiote out of the game

Either way I just hope the lads play with a bit if fire and at least look like they have gone out to restore some pride after the mauling they gave us last season

Ciaran
    Good lad mate, glad you haven’t taken that as an attack or a slight on you!
    Is the march still going ahead before kick off?

• 31 GeordieTwo // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Good thoughts jimBOB. We need a brave performance from the lads and many comments in the little notebook from wor Alan. Such as “why did I have to get these cramps right now?’ and “I had a chance to take an Imodium before coming out but passed it up. Why, why,why?”

• 32 GeordieTwo // Oct 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Forgot one: “Oh Lord the bindippers just scored again and I’m beginning to smell ripe. This could be real trouble in the post game interview.”

• 33 jimBOB // Oct 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM

lads above, (apologies if either of you are Girls)

I really hope he goes out to Win, I really cant take this, ‘mabey we will mabey we wont’ defeatest attitude. I get to a point now where when he speaks I start hearing zippy talking. he needs to just project his absolute faith in the team, he singles out players too much, just watch………. he does it all the time.

and you all know we have got January to look forward too with AP’s favourite statement ‘ well’ its all about just getting them over that line’

previous post: Worrying Injury News For Newcastle