This Player Is Newcastle’s Bargain Signing Of The Year

Given how little Newcastle paid for Yoan Gouffran last January, maybe as little as £2M, the Frenchman could be the bargain buy of the year, and he’s  forced his way back into the starting line up, and gives the Newcastle side speed, mobility, and Yoan can also score goals – he’s been a fantastic buy for the side.

yoan gouffran new bw strip

Yoan Gouffran – excellent acquisition for Newcastle

And not only that, but when Yoan joined the club, he talked about Newcastle as though it was the best club on earth, and that was nice to hear, and he’s the type of player who gives 100% all the time on the pitch.

So it’s hardly surprising that Newcastle fans have quickly taken to the 27 year-old former Caen and Bordeaux player.

Yoan has made it very clear that he’s happy when he plays, and he had this to say in the local papers today:

“I haven’t played all the games – sometimes I am on the bench,” “As a player, you are only happy if you play.”  “When I play, I want to score and play well.”

“Sometimes I play as a striker, and sometimes I play as a number 10 or number 11.”  “It’s not a problem. I want to play and give the best I can.”  “It will be a big game,” “We are ready to play.”

“It was a bad game last season and on Saturday, we want to change the result for the fans.”  “Last year it was a bad day for every player. This year we want to win.”  “We want to show our quality this time and win the game.”

Yoan has now played a total 24 times for Newcastle with five goals, and  most of those goals have been important ones for the side, and this season he has 9 appearances with two goals.

Yoan was one of the three up front in our last game at Cardiff who played extremely well, and we hope our lads  remember what happened last time we met Liverpool, and make up for it to the fans.

It’s a good opportunity tomorrow for Newcastle to show what they are made of, and that we can indeed give top sides a game this season.

Howay The Lads!!

Comments welcome.

• Graeme

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM

He’s a good player, puts a full shift in when he plays. It is going to take a concerted effort from all 11 players, for the full 90 minutes to get anything at all out of this game.

The coordination of the back four is going to be vital, but previous displays dont look promising against 2 of the best strikers in the league!!

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Tynesidetommo, from the other thread, I think Pardew should give himself a rest from management, but he doesn’t. I have to endure his inept management when I’m at the games, so yes he can have my views which go with it.

My views reflect what I see on the pitch. Sheep-like? No. It is a similar view to thousands of fans. Sheep-like could be my view of your sympathy for Pardew, and believing the nonsense which he constantly spins and the long list of excuses.

Awww he’s doing his best… he’s got a team full of international players and he still struggles. Other teams don’t even have that luxury. Without Remy we’d be bottom 3, and he’s not even our player. We probably won’t be far from there in the next few games.

You may be happy with Pardew’s career long stuggle to stay afloat, but I and a lot of other fans are not.

Were you at last year 6-0? If you were, did you stay until the end? I did, and the whole thing was rotten.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM

If we didn’t have decent players I’d be more lenient with him, but we have got some good players, he just doesn’t know how to use them effectively, because he is a lower level British manager who has failed miserably in most of his career.

• Transfer Sage

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Laurent

I kind of agree with a lot of that. For me pardew is trying to adapt and we do keep the ball on the deck a lot more which is good, but we still don’t see to link up the areas of our team very well and he fails to get the best from most of the players on a consistent basis.

No I agree the players take some fault for basic errors they make, but for pretty much all of them to only play well in the odd patch makes me feel that there is something wrong with the coaching.

I’m no huge fan of Martinez, poyet, Zola…think they need to prove themselves (but potential is there) but at least you can clearly see how try set up and want their team to play.

There are so many resources, courses and additional coaches can be brought in to work with the team that there is no excuse for a manager to not learn better drills, tactics and ways to get the team playing well.

I think you don’t often get a better manager mid season so give pardew to the near of the season to prove himself (can still put the feelers out to better managers) and see at the end of the year. For me position is irrelevant (as long as we stay up) I want to see him show actual progress on playing style and philosophy. A scrappy 7th placed finish will not be better long term than a fluid 15th…as long as we see progress made and a platform set for our long term future.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Transfer, I think that the ball on the floor this year is mainly down to Anita being in there and has played consistently quite well so far, yet Pardew goes against his own gripe with Ben Arfa about being inconsistent and drops Anita.

Also, just because the ball is on the floor it doesn’t mean we’re playing good football. Not at all in fact, it just means that we’re booting the ball in the air less. Apart from a couple of 15 or 20 minutes of decent play and an imoroved second half against Everton, we have still been very poor.

Against Everton they were coasting, so it isn’t hard for us to improve in that second half when the opposition have already thought they’ve won. A great pot shot by Cabaye has got the first goal, just like Ben Arfa’s individual skill for his as was Remy’s plus a couple of finishing rebounds.

Cluelessness is still there in the final third.

He had his strongest team out against Hull and we still lost. The rot just continues for me.

• Sav

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Hatem or Gouffran, Gouffran or Hatem….??

• Jinky Jim

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Frank Leboeuf to take over from Alan Pardew after Chelsea game.