French Star – I Am Really Enjoying Life At Newcastle

Alan Pardew will be putting out an attacking side against Liverpool today, and because we are at home the Newcastle side will be set up to attack Liverpool, and we suppose that’s the first line of defense against a team that has looked so good this season, and are currently joint top of the Premier League with Arsenal.

loic remy hull

Loic Remy after scoring at St. James’ Park against Hull City

And a lot will depend today on how a certain Loic Remy plays and whether he can get in among the goals, and after we missed four good chances at Cardiff last time out in the first half, Loic came up and scored two great opportunist goals to put Newcastle on the right track, and then we held out quite well in the second half to get a valuable three points.

This is what a happy Loic Remy has said in the Chronicle today:

“For me personally I am really enjoying life.” “I enjoy it because you know that life won’t be good all of the time.”  “Sometimes you can have bad days and bad things can happen to you. So I enjoy the moment.”

“I work hard to experience good moments like this.” “We know that we can finish nearer the top of this league than the bottom. I am confident about that.”

“We just have to continue to remove our mistakes.” “If we can keep going like this there is no reason why we can’t keep this good form up.”

“We found the right combination at Cardiff and we were very happy. It was another win.” “We did it by showing our strength in each department.”

“Liverpool at home is a special game.” “I expect a very good atmosphere at St James’ Park and this is one of the reasons I came here.”

“I have been impatient in the build-up to this game because I just want to get started again.” “We’ve had the international break.”

“Everybody worked hard to get the three points at Cardiff. That was the most satisfying thing.”  “We are in good spirits and rightly so.”

When I am away with France, I try hard.” “But I know I am also representing Newcastle United as well.”

Loic seems almost the perfect player for Newcastle, but it’s not clear whether he is willing to sign for us in January, although the signs are that Newcastle will make every attempt to sign him up.”

But we’d still be surprised if he doesn’t wait until next summer to see if bigger clubs – like Tottenham and Arsenal for example – come after him.

If Newcastle were more ambitious – like we used to be some years ago – he’d sign for us on January 1st.

What do you think?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Tads,
    All of our defenders can be liabilities though, if we are singling Taylor out for that we shouldn’t play any of them!! Willo won’t have a prayer of coping with Suarez or Sturridge either, let’s face it Colo has struggled each time as well against Suarez.

My reasoning is because Suarez will cause problems by pulling Willo and Taylor out of position with his movement. MYM in front allows either him to pick up Suarez if he comes deep, or slot in to centre half if he pulls one slightly wide.

• Williamsonsuks

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Pardew’s out of order. Is the guy completely thick?!!
    MYM is going to be shitting a brick out there today, he’s been singled out for our abysmal defence against Everton, Colo had just as bad a first half as anybody else.
    My tactics today are score more than them (obviously). Our defence is a shambles right now but our front line is in good shape. No doubt we’re gonna concede so just score more than them.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Lilo
    Sorry mate but there’s a difference between a player like yanga possibly making a defensive error and a hot headed idiot like Taylor playing spending 90 minutes shirt pulling and handballing, the bloke a massive liability, he was all pre season and surprise surprise first game of the season………
    You wouldn’t mind if it was a one off but it’s not

Besides as said in previous it’s irrelevant as he’s not fit!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Tads,
    He is in the squad, so he will be fit, or as fit as he ever is.

You miss the entire point of him playing in midfield though, without the protection Liverpool will likely take any centre back pairing we put out apart. For me, MYM has the ability to do that better than anyone else in the squad.

Taylor has had as many blinders for us as he has handball incidents. I agree, he is hot headed and that is a major problem, but MYM is nowhere near up to speed in the Prem yet, and Willo is a very average defender with massive limitations against a mobile front 2.

So, looking at it like that, none of them should play, but as at least 2 need to, I would use all three.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Lilo
    Have to agree to disagree on Taylor mate, for me he should of been shipped out, too injury prone, to unreliable and thinks he doesn’t have to try as hard because he’s a local
    Tbh think he’s a poor player and in shocking condition for a professional athlete

Also think Anita will play the covering role much better than yanga

• colwell

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

The front 4 of Coutinho, Moses, Suarez and Sturridge and our defence I just can’t seeing us being able to cope at all.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Tads,
    I agree that Taylor isn’t great, and should have been upgraded a while ago, but so should Willo so we just have to work with what we have for now.

I do like Anita in that covering role, and normally he would be my choice, but Suarez and Sturridge will pull whoever is playing centre back wide, and I’d prefer someone who has played both centre back and defensive midfielder in that slot today. Anyway, each to their own.

What about going forward? I’d have HBA in the middle of Remy and Goofy today so we have 3 players who can rotate position with each other and can all run at the LFC defence.

• toonarmydownsouth

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Lilo
    Going forward I think we only really have the choice of HBA Remy and Goofy tbh
    What’s happened to marveaux btw the lad seems to of vanished!!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Tads,
    Not sure on Marveaux, I was never a fan of him starting but is a decent game changer from the bench.

Anyway, I’m off to make a quick lunch before setting off on my own march to the bar to watch the game!!

Enjoy the match gents.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I’m at the march now. People with black and white shirts clapping us all who aren’t in the crowd. Just shows that there is a lot more with this point of view who haven’t marched, for safety concerns or whatever. Snare drummer here too!

• Hatem's better than Messi

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Well done to all the marchers.

Let’s get this parasite out.

• ilovetoon8788

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM

we could be in for a long game today. wont be surprising if we ship in 5 goals.

• Benji84

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM

what i cant believe is why our defence is so crap!!!! The back 4 could slot to any premier ship team and be a first team but they are leaking goals. Why do you guys think this happening???

• toon kk

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I hope no one is expecting much from this game. We’ll be shown for what we are just like last season.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I have no confidence in Pardew’s footballing brain to have come up with an answer to Liverpool.
    I expect another massacre.
    Suarez and Sturridge to run riot.
    Debuchy will have to shape up today.

If Gerrard and Sturridge partied hard with England they may be jaded …
    No even if we’re winning Pardew will go defensive and f### it all up.