Newcastle Defender – We’ve Got A Great Togetherness Here

The derby game against Sunderland is a huge game for Newcastle fans and players, and especially those who were born and bred in Newcastle and indoctrinated with that Geordie Pride when they were young, and growing up along the banks of the River Tyne.

paul dummet scores Liverpool

Paul Dummett – celebrating his goal on Saturday

Paul Dummett again impressed immensely on Saturday when he came on for a second time this season, after a Newcastle center-back had been sent off just before half time.

And Paul has talked about what the Sunderland game means to fans and players alike:

“I know exactly what this game means to this football club – especially as I am a fan,” “If I’m not in the squad, I’ll be in the stand singing songs and cheering players on.”

“But if I am playing, I know exactly what it means to win this game. If I’m selected I’ll be doing everything I can to help the club.”

“We’ve got some good momentum going now,” “We’ll take that into the Sunderland game and hopefully I’m involved in that.” “We’ve got a great togetherness here.”

“That’s why we got a 2-2 draw with Liverpool because everybody pulls together in the same way.” “We all work hard as a team to get results.”

Paul will probably be on the bench again on Sunday, although if Steven Taylor has any problems in training this week, Paul could start in central defense alongside Mike Williamson, and if that happens we have no doubt that Paul will do well.

What do you think?

• BeeGuy

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I like the kid, but I’d like Douglas even more.

• Bearsize

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Even if taylor isnt 100 per cent fit he will lie out his backside to get a game on sunday

• Charlietoon

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:55 AM

And when Tayls cant run because he is injured you can be sure he will throwing his hands out. The best we can hope for with Tayls at the back is that the Scum are so shite that they dont get any shots off

• lesh

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:15 AM

BeeGuy @ 1.

Yes, Kinnear certainly is being judged on the players he signings this summer.

Reme’s loan’ll probably turn out to be just that as Kinnear wouldn’t have convinced him do nothing more than to put himself in the shop window for a move elsewhere at the end of the season.

And let’s not forget how Douglas’s potential signing was cancelled by Kinnear too – within days of his appointment. We can only assume that his extensive knowledge of the game led him to that decision as he’ll have shrewdly analysed our playing resources and Collo’s desire to be back in The Argentine during the close season and concluded that we didn’t need any CB cover.

One would reasonably assume that Ashley should have reviewed Kinnear’s performance and chased him at the end of a probationary period but no, Ashley’s put his unconditiional faith in him and will continue to back him.

It is just as well that Dummett seems to have potential and Williamson’s done well for us.

Another excellent peace of forward planning and all we’ve got to do is hope that we can muddle along until the next crisis arrives.

Hey go, what fun!

• lesh

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM

@ 4 should have read • his singings not he signings

• micksa

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:36 AM

haha don’t you just hate it when your correction is even worse than the original mistake? 😉

I can see Dummett getting a start this weekend and Saylor’s not our only CB option. Santon can play pretty well anywhere and we might even see Paul get his preferred spot on the left. I’m thinking Debuchy – Santon – Williamspon – Dummett would not only be a good aggressive back four, it has the energy of some top-form players keen to impress.

Brings me on to Tiote, looking like a worthy captain largely due the boost of having been given the honour… not saying he won’t ever get another yellow (yeah right) but it’s possible losing Colo could be a positive season-changer for him, for Dummett – and for the team as a whole.

• lesh

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:49 AM

Following the news that we may see Chas n Dave doing a gig at SJP (joining the resident cockerny comedians) and possibly other gigs at SJP, there’s no doubt that Ashley’s really driving revenue raising deals to get the club up among the financially big clubs!

Such ambition eh

• cornishman

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Forget Taylor and start with Dummat and Willo as centre backs as we need Paul for his pace.

• John Tudor

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:22 AM

just get it correct pardoup

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:00 AM

lesh…I have already judged JFK on the players he brought in this summer and the shite he spouted 😉

On Douglas, not a fan, but does anybody know how he has been doing this season or are just their usual self because we have injuries in our defense?

I think Remy might sign for us, but it will all come down to how we perform and what chances Remy has of going to the WC – that is not down to JFK but more so Pardew!

• catchy in norway

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:00 AM

loving the fact PD is coming through that he looks a proper player , just hope the kid gets a chance to play more often , I don’t think he is doing any better than young fergy did , and I think pardew was shocking with him IMO ,

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Catchy…the problems with Pardew and our club is that when we have a player who might make it we keep himm at the club – and we keep him on the bench or worse at the reseeve.

That won’t do them any good – neither does it when we throw them at the lions when injuries pile up!

If Dummet has a future at the toons I think he should be playing regular this season for a Champ side – that goes for Bigi, Vuckic and Ameobi as well 🙂