The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Sunderland – Poll

8:52 am, Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

Sunday is the first derby game of the season against Sunderland, and unless the Black Cats start to pick up points, we may not see a derby game next season, if they get relegated.

Sunderland_2

But of course there’s still plenty of time for Sunderland to recover, but hopefully not on Sunday, and the Newcastle players and manager owe the Newcastle fans for the pathetic display in April, when we were beaten 3-0 by a Sunderland side that had not won any of their previous eleven league games.

Let us know how you think the game will go on Sunday afternoon.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Sunderland?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 Goodfella // Oct 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Repost
    Last season I felt if we beat the mackems they would have went down and I feel the same about Sunday. I know it’s still early but that’s how huge this result could be (hopefully tiote and the boys get the job done)

• 2 geordie157 // Oct 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM

pretty confident of a win, we need to attack them from the off. If they were to score first then some confidence could return.

• 3 geordie157 // Oct 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM

with Colo and Saylor injury prone, Wilo a useful back up and Mbiwa taking time to adjust. Think its key that we bring in a centre back in Jan, hopefully along with Remy. that with no departures other than Obertan would do nicely.

• 4 Dannyo // Oct 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Who votes on a loss against the mackems? Who does?
    There’s not an indication in the world that we’ll lose this game.

There’s a lot of things to be said about it, but I’ll restrain myself. Just barely though.

• 5 lesh // Oct 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM

The mackems’ confidence is on the floor and I believe that we need to be straight at ‘em and score at least one before the know what’s hit them.

• 6 Transfer Sage // Oct 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I’m confident of a won (provided our boys aren’t over confident and still do all the hard work, they should after the last derby).

An early goal inside 10 mins for us could see them get a damn good thrashing.

An early goal for them and I still can’t see them keeping us out.

I’m sticking with my 6-1 prediction. I’ll add 4 for remy and 1 from cabaye and Gouffran.

• 7 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM

9 people think we will lose?? I’d love to know what that is based on… Of course we could lose, they were on a pretty horrendous run last year with a new manager recently installed and we should by rights have won. We didn’t turn up. Of course there is a possibility that it could happen again, there are no guarantees in football.

To actually think we will lose though is baffling in my mind given form, players available, the fact Brown is set to make a come back and the fact that every single one of our players should be desperate to make amends for last year so will be bang up for it!

• 8 markmac // Oct 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM

ive gone for a win [obviously] but we still need to be on our guard against a wounded animal… HWTL

• 9 Charlietoon // Oct 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Danyo I was tempted to vote lose purely because I am so sure we should win. It’s often in these times when just when we should have a win we dont either because the players are not motivated or what ever. I hope and pray and voted for a win but I would not be surprised if it didn’t work out that way.

• 10 bobby mango // Oct 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I think it’s fair some people think we could lose, here’s some reasons:
    Our erratic, unpredictable form.
    It’s a derby
    Their fighting for their survival
    Last season’s 1-3

The biggest one for me though is the only time I’ve felt confident of winning a game, in the past year, was the Hull game… Look how that turned out.

• 11 Malta Mag // Oct 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

As Pardew has said all along, it’s not the quality of the Newcastle team but the strength of character and they’re going to need lots of it come Sunday. There are signs that we’re starting to get to grips with that side of our game and I’m hoping we can get the ball down and give them a lesson but they’re desperate so if I was a betting man I’d go for the draw.

• 12 Magpies4Life // Oct 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM

91% think we’ll get something from the game. Just like the Hull City poll where over 80% thought in a similar manner. To be frank, this game is as hard if not harder that Everton. Any below par performance will be punished by Sunderland. That being said, I voted for a win based on our past two games.

previous post: We Don’t Want To Send Newcastle Fans Home Unhappy