The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Sunderland Only Offered Passion – But It Got Them The Win

6:14 pm, Sunday, October 27th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 247 Comments

Sunderland started this game like a steam train, and they were closing down Newcastle players when they got the ball and it was reminiscent of Southampton’s great play in the first half against Fulham yesterday, when they were too much for the London side and went 2-0 up.

alan pardew

Alan Pardew – all they offered was passion

But Newcastle came into this game in the last 20 minutes of the first half and controlled things pretty much in the second half, but still lost the game when Borini hit a great goal from 25 yards out with fie minutes to play.

This is what Alan said after the game:

“We were dominating. Really and truly we were done by a sucker punch,” “They got the goal early and that’s what you want for the first cross that comes in to be scored, that’s difficult to take.”

“But we settled down, it took us about ten minutes but then we started to get a little bit control over the game.” “But, of course, for them it was all about passion, running and closing us down and trying to capitalise on our mistakes.”

“That’s all they offered.”

Maybe passion is all the Sunderland players offered – but it got them the win – I know that because I checked the score again and it was still 2-1 to Sunderland and they took all 3 points from this game. :(

What do you think?

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Premier League

247 responses so far ↓

• 1 manxpie // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM

manxpie // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:15 PM

rotunda name your list then! as you ain’t afraid!!
    and they have to be realistic under ashley??

• 2 stuart no9 // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM

ED — passion is all thats needed to win a derby. pity no ene explained that to our pathetic excuse for a manager.

• 3 Laurent Robert 32 // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Mister Tuff, yes, I think the Chronicle and Journal go very lightly on Ashley and his screw ups too.

• 4 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM

tads…no one is taking about Benny having a blinder and frankly efford my arse!

…you might be more disappointed with the players you mentioned and so be it! Benny might be out of shape or maybe sonething else is wrong, but he is not costing us the games. Whether you like it or not he created the goal and he is not responsible for us conceeding!

• 5 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Top 10 to 7th seems to be the our predicted finishing position being banded about
    Based on what?
    To finish top 10 to 7th these are exactly the type if games we HAVE to be winning, you have to be beating relegation fodder, this is the second prime candidate for relegation we have list to this season and that is simply not good enough

• 6 Hatem's better than Messi // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM

It used to hurt more … watching Ashley’s NUFC is slowly growing less and less important.

From crazy fanatic to interested follower in 5 years.
    In another five years I might not even check the results?

Cheers for that Mike.

• 7 boater // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM

In the interests of some perspective, I’m not sure what Pardew did wrong tactically today. He chose the team most people wanted, and his substitutions came at the right time and made sense – given Shola’s derby record, sammi’s recent form and Cisse’s pedigree. We went for it at 1-1 and got punished.

We are a much better team without Cisse in it. That’s the only thing I can take from today.

• 8 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Jesper
    By all means point out when I said he’s cost us games or was at fault for the goal
    The point being made is these three are out if form/shape and we can’t keep carrying them hoping they come good
    Surely benny is the exact type of player who would inflict far more damage coming on off the bench

• 9 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM

boater… most admit Cisse doesn’t seem to work in our version of 4-3-3!

…but I would be inclined to say he is not the only one :-(

• 10 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:29 PM

TS

What we really needed was a physical presence up front. Remy should have been able to offer this but I don’t think that’s his best asset. I wonder how close Shola was to a start…

We’re inconsistent to say the least. In fact, the whole club is and has been ever since I started to support them.

• 11 manxpie // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:29 PM

jesper wats your beef man i answered you last post and he certainly cost us against everton and he certainly hasn’t helped us in the other 4 games in scoring goals!!
    simple as that really isn’t it!!?

• 12 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Hard fought game and disappointing result. We didn’t have enough experience at the back or enough cutting edge up front. They swarmed us in the first half very effectively. A clever game plan from Poyet. Not much of a response from us. Borini’s shot was a very decent one.

• 13 Wiz // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I agree with Hatem. Ashley is playing with fire these days. We’re obsessive and ludicrously loyal supporters, and we’re losing interest. Relegation is just a vague notion to be concerned about. It’s not frightening or desperate as it would have been a few years ago. He’s smacked us in the face too often with a wet fish. The pleasure I would get from knowing how much money he was losing if we went down would almost make relegation worth it, frankly. What a cynical bastard that man must be, to make me that cynical.

• 14 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM

tads…but we are not carrying Benny!

…he is not a luxury we cannot afford as you keep saying!

He is not the problem mate! But I would advise Pardew to find out quickly why Benny is not playing like we know he can – this still doesn’t explain the rest of the team. It is not just this game but more or less the whole season.

• 15 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Tsunki

We build for the future by not overspending, investing in youth and having consistent top 10 finishes. This is exactly what should be done as well as repair the relationship between club and fans.

• 16 Thump // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Hatem’s better than Messi // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM

From crazy fanatic to interested follower in 5 years.
    In another five years I might not even check the results?

Cheers for that Mike.

I’m almost happy that I’m not the only one feeling like this. Last season I wasn’t even that bothered because “we deserved to lose”. I convinced myself that our deserving loss was more important than the derby… I’m just not feeling that any more. Ashley has managed to take the best support in England and drain it of a lot of it’s passion. That’s probably the most tragic part of his reign.

• 17 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Sadly I don’t think anyone will be defending Cisse too much anymore. He looked lost when he came on and his few touches were very poor. Pardew won’t be selecting him to start against Chelsea I wouldn’t think.

• 18 Himanshu Dhingra // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:35 PM

The reason we have not got any penalties is because the Mother Fu**er pardew does not get players in the box.

• 19 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM

manx…I don’t remember me asking you any question in the last thread?

…or for a long time to be frank? Most confuse me with someone else!

Benny didn’t cost us the Everton game – as both commentators were saying Benny was the only threat in the first half and he most have been injured since Pardew took him off.

I don’t think he played well in that first half, but no one did and he was hardly the worse!

• 20 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Banning the papers?
    Maybe Pardew was right, and Ashley has a temper he struggles to control. The same might be said for his director of football.
    Maybe the only safe thing to do is to keep quiet and hope he doesn’t turn on us when he’s angry, as is often counselled on here.
    There are plenty of people in a position to testify that that doesn’t work.
    It seems clear that Ashley isn’t easily appeased.

• 21 toon kk // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I’m sick of watching sh.t.
    Ive just watched Ch v Mc their in a different league.

• 22 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Blackley and Brownlie

I don’t agree that we deserved to win, I don’t think we were that superior to say that. And even being much the better team doesn’t mean that you deserve to win.

Remy was poor, Cisse was very poor, Ben Arfa was poor. You can’t blame that all on Pardew! Where is a big strong striker up for a derby battle?

• 23 Blackley and Brownlie // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I don’t understand so called supporters who say they’re losing interest. Geordie for life.

• 24 Himanshu Dhingra // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Thump

Make that 3, used to write a bit about NUFC too, but not doing that anymore.

• 25 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:39 PM

How will we line up against Chelsea? No Cisse for me but do we try 4-3-3 at home? If we start Gouffy, Remy and Ben Arfa up front it’s about as good as we have. Will Colo be back and could Saylor start? Hard choices to make in midfield as well and we have so little on the bench. I think Sissoko is being played out of position. He’s too far up the field. Not a natural attacker as far as I can see. What a mess with two very difficult games coming up. What’s all this about banning the local press?

• 26 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Blackley and Brownlie

You know what…I respect the fans who have set up their own club to reflect the values that they believe their club left behind, Man Utd and Wimbledon I know of. Better than whinging.

• 27 catchy in norway // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM

can anyone remember the 3 or 4 great chances ? pardew talks about ??

was he at the toilet and got confused ?

maybe he should go to speck savers

• 28 Belfast // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I said last sunday night that I wasn’t confident going into this game. Mainly because Poyet had out thought Pardew on two previous occasions with championship players.

• 29 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:44 PM

BandB
    You mean kind of like an abused partner?
    Be quiet and we don’t send him in to a rage!

• 30 Belfast // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Fair play to all those who were involved in the protest, because it’s clearly got under fat boys skin. Which is nice to see.

• 31 Geordie1985 // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Cisse, sissoko and HBA have had their chances this season and hav given a load of tosh in return. We need to get anita into the team and santon wide left with haidara at left back.

• 32 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Jesper
    If he’s not threatening goal or setting up chances then he’s bit doing his job and the team are carrying him
    I don’t care how many runs he does, how many step overs he attempts if it’s not pushing us on it’s holding us back
    Same with any other player

You seem to think in only talking about this match, I’m not, he was dropped rightly so for a reason and the only reason I can see that he has been bought back in is because cisse has also been dropped because his performances over his last 3-4 games have been absolutely dire

• 33 toon kk // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM

It was like going down to 10 men when Cisse came on, I wouldn’t have him on the bench at the moment.

• 34 Blackley and Brownlie // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Tds – I dont understand why you wouldn’t fight for your club. Are you a geordie for life?

• 35 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Many on here were full of confidence after the Liverpool draw but the problems were still there. No decent centre backs available and no strong striker presence in a physical game like this. Remy is better in less physical games.

• 36 Geordie1985 // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM

We’re also on course to concede 70 goals this season. Other than williamson, theres not a single player that can head a ball. Every time a cross comes in its panic panic panic. And that said, pardew was meant to be a coach with defensive expertise. My a***

• 37 manxpie // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM

jesper you didn’t ask me a question but you did post your opinion which i didn’t agree with and asked you a question back and again i’ve answered your opinion on arfa
    and on the everton game how many chances did he create?
    and how well did he defend for the team?
    on both of them was zero so in my opinion he did cost us the game which the second half showed

• 38 Belfast // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I actually would have brought Ameobi on instead of Cisse to be honest. Cisse done ferk all when he came on.

• 39 Himanshu Dhingra // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Pardew’s interview

We were robbed and we were the better team.

• 40 Blackley and Brownlie // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Geordietwo – I got slated on here for highlighting the problems that the Liverpool game further exposed. The same problems we saw today.

• 41 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Belfast
    That’s not strictly true, he fell over a few times and stared at the ref with his hands in the air whilst he we have a little sit down

• 42 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I stick with the club through thick and thin. We’ve been through bad times before and survived. Ashley will eventually be gone, taking his toadies with him. Then we can hope for decent ownership that we can support with confidence.

• 43 Ben3arfa // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

DOWN WITH THE COCKNEYS .. ASHLEY OUT

• 44 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Blackley and Brownlie

I wasn’t born a Geordie but I am one for the rest of my life anyway!

But there’s no point in having fans who aren’t behind the club. They’d probably be happier supporting a non-league team.

• 45 stuart no9 // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM

T4C need another protest march -now.
    What a perfect time it would be to take to the streets again, this time you would see a sizable gathering to put our point across, so come on boys lets get it going.

• 46 Rotonda heights // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Solksjaer, Bergkamp, Rijkjeard, even Hoddle off the top of my head.

Sadly the ones we could realistically have had have now all been taken, ie Poyet, Martinez, Garcia, Blanc, Girard etc

Surely if Southampton and Swansea can get Pochettino who was unheard of and Laudrup, we could get some up and coming progressive modern, technical manager.

• 47 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM

tads…most of our players work within the confinements set up!

…we don’t seem to have many players threating the box as Catchy tried to explain to you earlier, but you are shooting everything down coming your way.

If you want to pin this on Benny then have it your ways – won’t change my mind or ruin my day 😉 Good luck to you good sir!

• 48 Himanshu Dhingra // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Forget about the fact that sunderland were only had 1 point and were bottom.

Why were sunderland up for the derby and we weren’t

• 49 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Geordie Two
    People were rightly confident!
    For christ sake we were up against a team with an influx of 15 players, not settled spine, a new manager and who had picked up a solitary point all season!
    We were coming into the game seemingly playing with confidence and were being assured the players were looking to settle the score

Yet we were gutless and played with no passion, no belief, no edge
    The Scum got at us didn’t give us time on the ball and closed off our options when we had possession

• 50 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I know B&B, all it takes is one half decent performance and many forget all the real problems we have with the team and with the ownership mate. They aren’t going away just because we managed one draw at home. Let’s see what happens against Chelsea and then Spurs. And with a clueless owner and Director of F*** All.

• 51 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Down with the cockneys…now that’s a great message when people want a new owner!

So…we need a billionaire, football loving Geordie…

• 52 Belfast // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Also Ben Arfa looks overweight big time. You know when you hit a certain age and you turn from a skinny runt into a chubby boy really quickly ? That looks to have struck Ben Arfa.

It also happened to me, so chin up son !! :)

I

• 53 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM

manx…Benny was the only one making problems for Everton in the first half!

…he is not one of our defensive players and nor should he be defending.

Benny need to work harder offensive and get back to basics – that’s where he is dangerous and that makes us dangerous!

The next time you want an honest answer from me then cut out the “what’s beef man”. Maybe I haven’t seen you replaying one of my posts. Could that be a reason you think?

• 54 Blackley and Brownlie // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM

If you’re fortunate to have a good goalscorer, you wrap him up in cotton wool, play to his strengths, devise tactics to feed him where he likes it. You even bring in a battering ram to help him if need be. What you don’t do is move him out to the wing in order to play tight and defensive. We have no focus of attack and don’t get midfielders up in support.

• 55 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Not completely disagreeing with you tads mate but I and others pointed out we had no decent, experienced CB’s going into the game (Willo can handle high balls but that’s about it, no movement whatsoever otherwise). I predicted a draw but Borini’s shot was class. Poyet’s game plan was excellent considering the players he has available. He has beaten us before with Brighton and he’ll do it again probably with that lot. Sad to see but Pardew was out-managed yet again.

• 56 nico // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Pads did nothing wrong day. I’d love it if he had some money to buy players and had the overall say in who we bought. He wanted Lullana and Clyne (when at Palace) from Southampton 2 years ago. Look how good they are. We badly need an attack minded midfielder who’ll make natural runs into the box and create and score goals. Sissoko isn’t that player.
    Sunderland have lots of bad players, they’ll still go down, can’t see them being as lucky as they were today, again.

• 57 mot7 // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I think pardew go it totaly wong today , sunderland were short of confidence so in my opinion we should have been in there faces and forcing them into mistakes .
    They done to us what we should have done to them .
    luv benny but playing him in position that has his back to goal is bolloks it takes away his strenghts .

• 58 GHC // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM

OK, who is up for forming FC Newcastle and get some passion back
    either that or set up a social enterprise and go about raising 240Mill.
    Nothing is impossible.

• 59 Rotonda heights // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM

TDS

For the love of god, if we weren’t fans don’t you think we would have better things to do on a Sunday evening than come on here listening to your endless drivel.

It’s because we care so much, probably too much that we don’t want to settle for this endless mediocrity that you seem to covet and excuse.

Supporting the team and not liking the manager aren’t mutually exclusive. When you finally tumble to that and stop randomly abusing people the lights may go on for you.

Come kick off everyone is behind the team. Afterwards if criticism is warranted that’s different and is the case with every set of fans in the land, so get over yourself.

• 60 catchy in norway // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM

players are not playing for pardew

that is still very clear

• 61 JaxtheMag // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I was at the match,they deserved to win,pardew is talking bollox as per.

• 62 Himanshu Dhingra // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Rotonda

This banning of Chronicle, sunday sun and Journal. Pardew was part of the decision committee.

I Doubt he is going anywhere.

• 63 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Cisse looks worse and worse and Ben Arfa is fading badly as well. I hope it doesn’t start happening to Remy with Pardew’s “coaching”. If it does we are toast. With Ashley having another tantrum there probably won’t be much done in January either.

• 64 Rotonda heights // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM

how were sunderland lucky? apart from the goal did we have another shot on target?

• 65 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Jesper
    Once again by all means point out where this is all getting pinned on benny?
    I’ve said benny sissoko and cisse are all not playing up to standard
    Anita was on great form but made why for tiote, why? Why not drop sissoko for tiote?
    And benny is supposed to be one of our most creative players but the chances and threats over the last 5 odd games have been from players like Anita goofy remy cabaye santoon debuchy so why can they create chances and not benny?

I have no interest or tbh chance if changing your opinion as you only seem to pick out select sentences and ignore the rest, disagreeing with you and catchy is hardly “shooting down” everything have agreed with plenty on here today but simply can’t see what point your trying to make other than benny is some sort of untouchable, and you seem to be under the impression I’m the only person who has questioned Benny’s contribution the last few weeks

There’s no deep seeded conspiracy as you seem to suggest that’s behind Benny’s performance, we have a new fitness coach, the rest of the team look much fitter than last season, but not HBA, is that down to others?
    Look at tiote, lost his place, worked hard now he’s back in the team and looks the tiote we all know, why should benny be an exception?
    Also find extremely hypocritical excusing benny constantly when your biggest criticism of pardew last season was for not dropping “his favourites”!!!!!

• 66 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I think we had 4 shots on target in total Rotonda but nothing very threatening other than the goal.

• 67 Rotonda heights // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM

he’s not going anywhere as he has a massive pay off
    but Ash, JFK, Pardew and Wonga are killing my love for a team I’ve supported for nearly 50 years

• 68 terencelim // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:10 PM

@58 Rotonda heights, Very well said.

• 69 JP...from The Rock // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I have to say that Sunderland were by far the better performers today and deaerved to win. We we’re shite all match. No fight, no organization and no threat. Our passing was dreadful most of the time (Tiote hold your hands up!!). It was aeful to watch and I am glad that’s over.

We really have to find some consistancy soon or else we’ll be lucky to end the season in the top 10!

• 70 Rotonda heights // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM

No we don’t need a billionaire, football loving Geordie…

We need anyone who picks professional people with good cvs for key positions, not his low grade drinking buddies

• 71 Cool Hand Luke // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Benny’s been on the pies alright, he cant dance around defenders like he used to be able to.

• 72 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Geordie Two
    Oh aye mate, I know what you mean about the CB’s was just saying that we were facing a team that so far this season couldn’t hit a cow ars3 with a banjo let alone score so people were rightly confident imo!

• 73 Jonny // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Would love to see a training session with pardew, carver and stone running it. Would be really interesting.

• 74 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Catchy
    Sad to say but I’d agree with that to a degree, he certainly didn’t seem to have them right mentally for today

Tbh I can’t fault the starting 11, except maybe for sissoko over Anita, but the mentality wasn’t there

• 75 Himanshu Dhingra // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM

This has the makings of the last season.

• 76 Slank // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Just got home.

I didn’t go along with all those who thought it would be a walk over and so wasn’t too surprised that Sunderland won.

You cannot rely on form when trying to predict derbys and this one confirmed it..

• 77 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Jonny

• 78 JP...from The Rock // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Our player were nervous all match in my eyes. Not enough running and wayward passing throughout. And WTF is it with many of our players receiving a pass and just whacking the ball straight forward without even looking at the direction of the pass only for the ball to be snatched by the opposition. Who do they think they are Ronaldinho!? My worry is that they keep doing it in matches not just today.

• 79 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Sadly they managed to hit our cow’s ar*e twice tads mate. Willo looked lost on the second one. He is too slow but it would have taken very good marking to block that shot. We’ll continue to struggle without Colo in there in my view. I hope he’s fit for Chelsea. A hard lesson for Dummett as well. Fletcher went up using Dummett’s shoulders for leverage and wasn’t caught at it. A poacher’s goal.

• 80 bishopblaize // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM

TDS .. Well said!

Still gotta back the boyz n manager as we have a hard week ahead and silver may have been in our game plan along today (hopefully we were hoping their players would have been a push over!)

As much as derby game is the ultimate in our eyes .. With the timing of things the Cup gotta be the better for the Players!?

Let’s see Wenesday, just hope it doesn’t materialise to nothing as my heart still in it

• 81 Belfast // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Sissoko has done ferk all for ages now.
    I don’t really see the point of playing him unless it’s in front of the back four to be honest.

• 82 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

If Ben Arfa is overweight and out of shape he should be ashamed. He does look a step slower to me than he did for the first 3 or 4 games. What on earth do they do during training? And Tiote’s passing was off again as you say JP.

• 83 mot7 // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Cant get away with pardews keep it tight for 20 mins to quieten the home fans approach .
    Sunderland are shite they should have been forced back from the 1st min .
    Theres a saying in football ” you have to earn the wright to play ” we dont because most of our players dont want to do the ugly stuff

• 84 jimiley // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM

We were really unlucky today. Keep the faith in Pards to get us a top 8 finish. If we had more Frenchmen in the team we would have more cohesion and team spirit. Get rid of the remaining foreigners in the team and replace them with Frenchies. We would be unbeatable then.

• 85 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I might agree with bringing in one more Frenchman jimiley mate. That would be a French manager to replace Pardew. We were completely outrun in the first half. They swarmed us at every opportunity. That takes a huge amount of energy yet it was them that got the second and winning goal. The only consistent thing about our team is our complete inconsistency.

• 86 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:28 PM

TADS,

I agree with you about Ben Arfa. How can people single him out and spare Remy and Gouffran, who attempted precisely nothing?
    The job of attackers is to take risks.
    I heard someone during the week describing another manager as setting up in zones. The red zone was the defence, where the priority was not to lose the ball and to win the challenges. The blue zone was the midfield, with the same priorities but licence to take more risks to get the ball moving forward. The green zone was the attackers. I remember my young son at his first ever game summing it up with a child’s precision when he shouted: “Come on Andy, kick it in the goal.”
    We have a shaky defence. We play effectively three defensive mids to protect it. And the recent Ben Arfa in the middle ploy is really just another effort to shore up the defence. There is a lot of difference between attackers who can defend, which is ideal, and defensively-aligned attackers, which is just putting the cart before the horse.

• 87 Belfast // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:28 PM

He’s been on the pies alright. Can’t see why a winger would want to bulk up that much like.

• 88 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM

TDS

Not going to say much about you, you’re doing a fine job embarrassing yourself. Keep it up.

So now we have an owner who, simply because the local newspapers comment on what is going on, will ban from the club. Ashley has previous of course, having banned Luke Edwards from the Telegraph from the club last season for negative reporting. Ashley wants to control how the world perceives him, if he cannot do that, he will ban anyone with a contrary view. He underestimates people, thinks we are stupid. But we’re not. We know what he is.

He isn’t a brilliant businessman or a calculating mastermind. He is maverick reactionary who acts on impulse. The Chronicle or the Journal didn’t even report on the march accurately. They said there was 200 people when there was actually 1000 people there, so what is MA banning them for?

I hope now people see now what type of person Mike Ashley is. Look on the blog, how many people are still defending Mike Ashley? I can only see 1 person, and you all know who he is.

• 89 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM

The frustration continues then. And we have 2 very difficult games coming up. It’s looking more and more like the game against Norwich will be another crucial one. They have slipped into the bottom 3 and we will probably be struggling by the time we face them. It’s a home game for us. Can we pull ourselves together and win it?

• 90 catchy in norway // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder 2h
    @trevac81 @MsiDouglas We’ve known since last week, thanks.

sad fact that

chicken shit

• 91 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Spot on Ciaran @87. The owner is an egotistical fool if he thinks he can muzzle the press. He is only making things worse for himself if that is still possible.

• 92 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Ruddy
    Mike Ashley is getting fitted in the morning for one if those snappy Dr.Evil styled suits so he can look like his idle Kim Jong-il

• 93 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:44 PM

He’s not Kim Jong-il any more.
    He’s been Kim Jong-dead for a couple of years.

• 94 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Ashley is an egomaniac. His management is a joke. He can’t get his way and we won’t toady up to him so he has another tantrum. It’s gotten beyond pathetic. He must have a yellow streak a mile wide down his back. He was probably hidden in the castle watching that game with his only friend Joe.

• 95 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM

@NeilRobbo1106: @Mike_Ashley_Out for those that said what’s the point in the march Ashley’s reaction in banning NE press says it all #Time4Change #

@LukeEdwardsTele: Write a story that’s true but we don’t like it. You’re banned. Cover legitimate protest march without defending Ashley. You’re banned. #nufc

• 96 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM

BandB
    Lol fair point, people still dress as Elvis mind!

• 97 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Tiote tried to be a stopper again in the game but his passing was terrible much of the time. Cisse was lost. Our game plan (such as it was) went out the window. They broke up our play early on and ran themselves into the ground. If we had a decent winger we should have been able to take advantage of that as they tired in the second half. How long have we been going on about needing a decent winger? It’s beyond pathetic.

• 98 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Will Chris Hughton out-manage Pardew when we play Norwich? I wouldn’t be surprised and they are a bottom 3 club now with a -7 goal difference. It will probably end in a draw and we’ll hear what a great team and manager we have again from wor Alan.

• 99 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Tads

Those who said we would achieve nothing by marching are the deluded ones. People who said Ashley doesn’t care what we think or do are wrong. If he bans journalists because we marched once, what would he do when we systematically target his Sports Direct stores? Arrange sit ins, and toxify his own brand? Not to mention when a viable alternative is offered.

Ashley is an impulsive businessman who cannot control his emotions and cannot stand it when he is criticised. TDS you were more wrong than I could have ever imagined.

• 100 mot7 // Oct 27, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Wor alan the tactical mastermind who played williamson upfront in training previous to the everton game . So our defenders could get used to a physical attributes of lakaku .
    Genius that man

• 101 Mister Tuff // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I posted a link the other day about the Chronicles’ latest poll about the Toon. I did the survey. The Chronicle were also promoting their new supplement about the club. Interest in the club is responsible for a lot of newspaper sales – Adolf Ashley’s latest attempt at blocking the free press will backfire massively. I suppose some of this started with the banning of the singing section, now its the press being banned. Ashley might be rich be if he takes on the press -there will only be one winner. It appears to me that the march must have hit a nerve. The sooner he and his lackeys are oot the Toon the better.

• 102 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

After city this is our run in until Xmas

Newcastle
    Newcastle
    Stoke City
    28 Dec
    15:00
    Newcastle
    Arsenal

There are what, 3-4 possibly winnable games there? Table could look very unpleasant for us in the new year

• 103 wolfshead@toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

mot

pardews a plank for playing shola and cisse upfront football version of buying a raffle ticket

• 104 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

That 5-1 drubbing of the Mackems seems like such a long time ago now :( .

Well, worst derby record in 40 years is just another minus to Pardew’s brilliant CV including :

. Our worst home defeat for 70 years
    . Relegation’s
    . Most goals conceded in a PL season
    . 3-0 spanking of the Mackems at home
    . 7-3 at Arsenal

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Alan Pardew,…….

Breaking NUFC records for all the wrong records for the best part of 3 years now. My hero

• 105 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Ruddy/Tuff
    This will massively back fire on Ash as he’s also banned the Sunday Sun
    This is not a local rag, this is owned by an international media monster!
    They won’t be bothered about reporting the unrest in the stands, the protests the action groups, someone has banned them from reporting and there equally as egoistical as Ashley, they will go for him, they will hammer Sports Direct
    This could be the most idiotic move ever made by Mr Ashley

• 106 wolfshead@toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

tuff

are you likening ashley to a war criminal lmao

• 107 Toon Tang // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

what did i bloody say people, what did i say? as soon as the majority started coming on here saying ‘easy win’ and predicting 4-0 and 4-1 etc we were doomed, doomed i tells ya.

we really should know by now that when we start taking the game for granted we are screwed royally. It were the same before hull game and sunlun last season to name a couple.

we should have bummed them off the park today but they were going to get their first win sooner or later and it was written in the stars it were going to be against us eh, it just had to be.

• 108 Tsunki // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I might not agree with you much BPC but that record stands on its own merit. Its too much of a price to pay for a 5th place imo. He would have to win a cup or the league just to even it up.

Oh and Belfast if you are still here, shut up.

• 109 Grumpy // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

another shit week coming.

• 110 mot7 // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

That little gem of info on post 99 is not a joke pardum realy did play williamson upfront in training to help mbiwa to cope with lakaku .
    That to me tells you all you need to know about pardew.

• 111 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Wolfs

Likening his actions to that of an egotistical authoritarian dictator who appreciated no other opinion than his own. Not a hard reference to grasp…

Tads

One march and the cracks are beginning to appear…

• 112 wolfshead@toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

ciaran

i called tuff himmler this morning as a joke and he got upset lol

• 113 Schwefelberg // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Awful stats big pappa. Sick to my stomach. Two Derby defeats in a row. Last two Goals scored by defenders.

Alchemist Ashley’s Gold to Lead Strategy.

• 114 geordieboy83 // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Ciaran
    How’s it going I have to say I love your passion for change but declaring the march a success is premature buddy. You succeeded in pissing him off lol that’s about it as it stands.

I hate to slag fellow fans off but all this talk of new managers irks me for the following

: get an up and coming manager, it works out it’s hailed a success, it fails the same old numpties will bang on how we messed up and should’ve gone for experience

: moderately experienced manager poyet or Zola all is well and good then results fade and sure as shit we took the cheap option getting championship managers.

: get a good name manager I.e hiddink the fans are chuffed but same old numpties will start banging on about 5 year plan, how do we suddenly have money, etc

Point being there will be people ready to pounce regardless. I don’t call people names often but we even had plebs calling for robson to be sacked. We are proud, passionate, loyal, mental fans but fcuk me we can whinge : )

• 115 Tsunki // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Toon Tang – worst thing is we are the authors of our own despondent plight. Truly pathetic. I can only hope for a future revelation that some of our players were involved in match fixing but we aren’t going to get that run of luck :)

• 116 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM

To me it looks like a complete hash. We have no real primary striker of our own. We have a loan player who has provided 5 league goals. Our own main striker has none. We have a lost midfielder playing out of position (Sissoko). We have Ben Arfa who looks lost at times and seems out of shape??? We have a CB who is not Prem quality (Willo) who is now the leader of the defense. We have no real winger who can run and cross with accuracy. We have a manager who keeps saying how well we played after losses and then explains why we actually should have won. We have an owner who doesn’t believe in a free press. We have a DoF who doesn’t know the names of the players and probably doesn’t know which century this is. Could it happen anywhere else? I doubt it.

• 117 wolfshead@toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM

ciaran

btw you seem very restrained the news about the media ban must have tempered your anger haha

• 118 Toon Tang // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM

tsunki, haha aye mate a match fixing saga to start unfolding before our eyes is something we can only hope for, like you say, at least we would then have a bit of clarity on our consistent inconsistencies.

• 119 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Wolfs

I’m numb following today’s defeat. The news that Ashley has banned journalists has shocked me ever further. I can’t explain it really. I think Ashley has de-sensitised me to the circus that is NUFC. I’m embarrassed of the team, the manager and the owner.

What is masquerading as Newcastle United is not the reality, it is a pale imitation of the club we know and love. Until we take action against Ashley we will never see it back.

Geordieboy

Not claiming success by any stretch of the imagination, but by simply pissing him off, we’ve managed to make him shoot himself in the foot. Imagine what we could do with a sustained campaign of pressure?

• 120 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Lads,

I’m not so sure the Nazi references really work, are you?

• 121 Tsunki // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM

BandB – looks more Stalinist to me, except without the purges and our plan is an 8 year one not a 5 year one.

• 122 Mister Tuff // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM

wolfsheads – what’s your take on the newspaper ban.
    If there ever was a paper inextricably linked to a club it is the Chronicle and the Toon. I remember years ago nipping into Thompson House to get a “Football Pink” – to catch up on all the football news. The evil Ashey may have bitten off more than he can chew this time.

• 123 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Today should have been a simple result for us. Never easy but with the right work ethic and strategy we should have beaten them.

I know is a derby but they are a poor side. You need to beat the bottom team away from home if you want to push on top ten…its that simple. You need some away wins and these are the worst ones in the league (maybe after palace).

I just don’t understand why we never look like creating good, clean cut chances.

• 124 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

The scary thing is I’m starting to not care anymore :( .

I’ll watch the matches that are on telly but It is getting to the point where I will avoid watching a stream or going to the pub because we are so boring to watch.

We may have slightly improved this season but we still barely threaten the goal (and some people wonder where the atmosphere has gone) and rely on wonder strikes rather than cutting passes or well worked moves . Just look at Arsenals goal against Norwich last week. I would give anything to see us play that way and carve open the opposition, but under this regime I would have better odds playing the lottery FFS .

There are two very worrying things that keep happening under Pardew :

1. We never seem to win by more than 2 goals
    2 . We get beat by more than two goals on a regular basis, 6,7 you name it .

Take away Pardews 5th place season

(which was largely down to two strikers being in the form of their life in Ba & Cisse and luck)

and his time here has been nothing short of abysmal . We would have been down last year if Bosingwa wasn’t a closet NUFC fan .

The sad thing is there is nothing I can do, just gotta sit back and take it from Ashley while he lines his pockets from our misfortune.

• 125 Tsunki // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I must say that I poured doubt on Ashley even looking out of his window at the march, but that little walkabout was enough to flush him out. Perhaps a sustained effort will move him on after all…..

• 126 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Tsunki,

Is it EIGHT years now?

You can get treated for hemorrhoids on the NHS quicker than that!

Without the purges? We’ve just seen the liquidation of the Kulaks at the Chronicle.

I’m not sure Trinity Mirror, with its readership of 83 million and internet audience of 40 million worldwide is going to take that lying down.

Good to see you back, by the way.

• 127 Uncertain Toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Pardew is like thrush!

• 128 geordieboy83 // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Ciaran

Sorry must have misinterpreted your words with TDS. I’m the kind if person you hate unfortunately mate, I agree the positives could be overwhelming. But and it’s a huge but. We continuously piss off a man who has been outed as a socio pathic businessman with a child’s mentality towards not getting his own way and the consequences could be pretty dire.
    As I say though I support you guys as I want a positive outcome but I still ask are things really that bad lol we aren’t renowned for having a full trophy cabinet anyways.

• 129 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Tuf

I am disgusted by he clubs stance on this issue of banning papers. They must be hoping the paper backs off, agrees to some good story about the club and then lets them back in…I hope the paper is strong enough and stands up to them.

Here is a link for people to contact the club. I have already sent an email saying I am appalled by what they have done.

• 130 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

geordie boy

I think the campaign against Ashley can’t go badly.

How I see it we have a cheap option as manager and we spend a moderate amount for the league, enough to keep us in the league but nothing more…according to some.

If that’s the case then what more can ashley do to annoy us? He wont take us down out of spite as that could cost him a couple hundred million and he loves his money. The worst he could do is change the stadium name, more sports direct on the strip or stadium, that sort of thing.

• 131 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

geordieboy,

The consequences for putting up with it, and therefore colluding with it, are pretty dire too.

• 132 joeinthecheapseats // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Can’t believe we didn’t attack them more Pardew set up like he didn’t want to get beat instead of trying to win this match
    Scumberland were for the taking all day Pardew needs to go

• 133 toonarmydownsouth // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Sage
    Your right, Derby game or not there the team that were rick bottom of the league, this game was a must win, which is why when TDS was saying we could finish 7th I just can’t see it, these are the must win games and that’s the second game we’ve lost in a matter if weeks to a relegation candidate

• 134 Back Door Man // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM

BandB … Nazi references will always work, it’s just a shame that we can’t post pictures here! Oh what fun we could have putting captions on old WW2 snaps.

• 135 MacToon // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

B&B, you are of course right about the nazi references so there will be not mention TDS Goebbels 😉

Can’t believe A.Ashley’s made such a stupid decision in banning the local press.

Was a shocking result today but they looked more motivated as far as I could see. We, Pardew especially, are masters at talking a good game but fail so often to live up to their own hype.
    Our next games are not going to be any easier.

• 136 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

joe cheap seats

I don’t think we did anything different to normal. I think we do try to attack but when we get to the final third and the opposition team tighten up we really struggle to pick that final pass or put the good ball in to the box.

I’d say it’s a problem we have always had under pardew, rarely do we play and create team goals. We need good team goals to supplement the other individual efforts we score.

• 137 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM

here is the link to contact the club…I have already made my feelings clear….please get in touch if you feel strongly too.

• 138 jimmysmith // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

The ban I believe takes the form of local journalists being allowed into the press room and to ask questions, it’s just that Pardew can’t answer them, leaving him hanging out to dry and suitably embarrassed. The owner is a lunatic and his lunatics are running the asylum.

• 139 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Sage

Unfortunately, all I feel that will achieve is the club having your e-mail on record so they can try and flog you knock off gear from Sports Direct. Communication with the club is at an all time low. When the club liaison officer – Lee Marshall – is a proven liar who tries to undermine the fans and portray them as liars then what chance do you have? By all means make your feelings known but your passion is better directed in other ways.

• 140 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM

11 points from 9 games now and counting. The one point haul from Liverpool, mackems, Chelsea, and Spurs prediction is back on again I’m afraid. That will give us 11 points from 11 games and somewhere around 14th going into the game against Norwich. Then some much tougher games again. It looks grim unless we get Colo back and Mbiwa recovers form, Benny gets fit and regains confidence and Remy can score. Other than that everything looks rosy.

• 141 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I’d love to know what the offending articles are that caused the club to refuse to speak to a section of the media.

As for the anti-Ashley brigade, when you stop spouting extremes, lies, insults and complete bull***t, then maybe I’ll give you some credit. After all, this is exactly what you accuse Ashley and JFK of doing.

Until that point you’re just a group of passionate but deluded fans who are arrogant enough to think that your way is right. Remind you of anyone?

• 142 geordieboy83 // Oct 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM

BandB

Yeah I get where you’re coming from but as I say I don’t think things are really that bad I think we’ve got as good a squad as we’ve had in a long time and without sounding like the “accountants” we are financially sound

Transfer sage

Hey mate, remember the parachute payments you get if relegated not sure what it’s worth these days. But yeah I agree I can’t see him getting us relegated. However if you think he could sell cabaye, krul, debuchy, tiote, Ben arfa, santon, etc and have a tidy lump some of money to soften the blow got him. Which could leave us in the poop

• 143 Byker Boy // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Thought the much maligned Williamson was our best player. I’m not going to slag off Dummett poor lad, but it has to be admitted he is not, and never will be a Premier league Centre Half.

• 144 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM

ciaran

i didnt waste much time as i know it wont be delt with…just want something clogging their inbox, even if somebody just reads it and deletes it.

put my effort into bigger campaigns

• 145 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM

TDS

I don’t think anyone wants any credit from you. The cogs in your PR machine seem to be broken and no one is really giving you the time of day.

• 146 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:02 PM

geordie boy

thats the parachute payments deal

60mil spread over 4 years is nothing compared to TV money from staying in the league. I dn’t like Ashley but he isn’t so stupid to lose himself hundreds of millions to annoy fans

• 147 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Sage

Glad to hear it. Right now I think we need to be showing our support to the various fanzines and fans groups that truly represent us. I am once more going to show my support in NUST as I see them as the only vehicle that can drive the agenda of reclaiming our club.

• 148 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM

ciaran

I honestly dont think ashley has failed us much in the transfer market…I think we have a decent squad.

I jut dont think asley, or anyone he appoints, has a long term plan which looks like working.

I dont get why he signs technical players and an older styled manager, why JFK? there are tons of daft decisions which baffle me.

• 149 wolfshead@toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM

tuff

you take on the press at your peril obviously ashley is slowly turning into a meglomaniac hes heading for a mighty fall i hope he doesnt take the club down as one final act of spite

• 150 Marty-Toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Well at least one of the teams showed passion Alan,because our lot talk a good game before they get on the pitch and then go missing when the opposition wanna play a little rough.
    I wouldn’t sack AP as with Ashley we will probably get Holloway in.
    Think we’ve just got to accept that Sports direct isn’t leaving toon until someone coughs up big money and that doesn’t look like happening.
    Sorry to burst the bubble but that’s it.
    Have we enough fans that can throw in 1,000 pounds and buy him out?
    I doubt it.
    It’s been tried and we didn’t get there.

• 151 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Just read an article in the Chronicle about the march I don’t see anything from he journalist that is unfair or unbalanced, looks pretty factual to me. Maybe there are some tweets that are unbalanced?

But…this guy Graeme from T4C is another muppet sadly. Sure, obviously passionate about the club, but again alienating many intelligent fans by spouting complete and utter garbage, i.e. lies.

Here’s two…
    1 – “The club have said they have no intention of taking the cup” – no, the club said that their focus is on the league and not a cup, just like ever other team in the PL.

2 – “They have a good team but a paper-thin squad” – this is often spouted by deluded fans and nobody has been able to demonstrate that we have anything other than the 7th or 8th best team on paper.

He wants the club to not be a stepping stone? Yeah great. Since when were Newcastle anything other than a stepping stone?? Never!

• 152 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

What team will Pardew start against Man City in the cup? He will have to rest a few I would think to have any chance against Chelsea. Torres is coming into form and they are a fine team. I would imagine we will see Anita and possibly even Marveaux against Man City. Willo and Saylor at the back if Saylor is fit? Possibly Mbiwa as a full back? And up front maybe Sammy and Gouffran? It could happen. I would see 0-3 to them.

• 153 jimiley // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM

The lemmings turn up one by one and support the offering. They hope against hope that some magic will conjure up a first league win since 1927. The owner gets richer and richer as he rapes the club. The lemmings walk silently over the cliff edge into oblivion. No protest as they are ground into submission. The owner puts 5 million on 12 black.

• 154 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM

A few weeks ago idiots were slagging off Pardew for not playing Ben Arfa, now the same idiots are slagging him off for playing him. Same goes for Willo being our 2nd best defender a few weeks ago, and now he’s back to being a liability. Loads of calls for Dummett to start today and then suddenly he’s useless because Fletcher gets above him?

Some of you should be ashamed of your two-faced attitudes.

• 155 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM

geordieboy,

I called last season as a disorganized rout while most people (apart from the club) were talking freely about steady progress towards the Champions League.
    Yes, we are in a mid table position now. And we are playing slightly better football, sometimes.
    But we have still taken four points from a possible fifteen since we beat Villa .On that form, it could be a slog up to Christmas. And after Christmas, it is worse.

TDS,

Yeah. You.

• 156 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM

jimiley

Idiots. The owner hasn’t made any money from the club. And if you want to argue about the advertising then you’re a double idiots because that is serious chicken feed. If he wanted to make loads of money with his investment, he was better off spending it elsewhere.

• 157 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Were we a stepping stone club when we finished 2nd in the league? Were we a stepping stone club when Bobby Robson had us in the Champions League and playing in the top 4?

You’re just embarrassing yourself lad.

• 158 Rotonda heights // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM

TDS

Bore off will you, you’re confusing us with people who give a rats what you think.

• 159 wolfshead@toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM

geordie

if man city put out a weak team i wouldnt be surprised if we win its that kind of season haha

• 160 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM

It’s a thin line between win and defeat most of the time -a mistake a great goal but whoa which ever the way it goes fans go way over the top. Pardew in Pardew out.
    Since I started to watch the TOON in 1961 we have had 32 managers stand in managers caretaker managers etc in 52 seasons.,
    Norman Smith 1 October 1961 1 June 1962
    Chris Hughton[5] 24 May 2009 6 December 2010
    Football League Championship Winners: 2009/2010
    Teresa Herrera Trophy Winners: 2010
    Alan Pardew England 9 December 2010 Present
    Guadiana Trophy Winners: 2012
    that averages out at 1 manager every 2 seasons and what have we won
    1 fairs cup, several intertoto, texaco petrol can cups and no domestic competition.

To me we have played a lot better football this season than in the last four or five building a decent premiership team. just need to be patient and we might be rewarded.

• 161 jimiley // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Toon army doon somewhere,
    You are a mackem. Go somewhere else and die. Bell end.

• 162 Mister Tuff // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM

MacToon @143 – in your post you mention TDS Goebbels. Clearly there was such a German military rank during the Second World War as Truppensonderdienst — which was abbreviated to TDS (just means Special Troop Service) but I do not think Goebbels had a military rank. I just can’t place it at the moment but that TDS abbreviation I’m sure I heard it somewhere recently.

• 163 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I am not an Ashley far…for reasons stated above but agree with some of what TDS says.

I think the advertising issue with sports direct isn’t anything to worry about, all stats I have found have shown that it doesn’t make much money at all. But don’t know conclusively what this is worth at newcastle..but most clubs like us dont make millions off it.

Sports direct has been helped by it’s association with newcastle but the biggest help for me has been the recession…people spend less and they were a big chain before which offered cheap clothes. JJB closed down and that’s allowed sports direct near total market domination.

So for all the crap ashley gives us Sports direct is meaningless for me. Wonga paid 6mil apparently for advertising rights on the kit..if the stadium advertising was worth close to that ashley would sell that off and put sports direct on the shirts for free as that gets much more coverage worldwide.

• 164 jimiley // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Toon army doon sooooth,

Proper people doon south are welcome. Bell ends like youself can stay in Lambeth and support Millwall. Go support Chelsea like your mate fat Mike.

• 165 Uncertain Toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM

TDS is also like thrush!

• 166 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM

charlie

my main concern which makes me have little faith in pardew is that I can’t see the progress. Sure we keep the ball on the floor more but still don’t do much with it when in the opposition half.

I dont see partnerships betwen players forming, i don’t see a link between different areas of the team and i don’t see proper chances created in the opposition box.

I also see the defence being as leaky, if not more so than when pardew first came in.

• 167 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM

TS

For the record, I’m not an Ashley fan either! I think he certainly knows how to run a business but definitely doesn’t know how to run a football club!

• 168 MacToon // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Sorry Tuff for mixing my German ranks and considering the plight of Goebbels poor children I shall change tack and liken more to the Ministry of Truth and hope poor Winston stays one step ahead of the Thought Police!

• 169 fatman // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM

ToonDarnSarf

hes telling Porky’s again i have already explained to him i asked my brother at the Liverpool game who has a friend high up in the club, this was when Llambias was md and was asked about all the free advertising for sd and Llambias said that the space was free space and only used when not being sold. so a group of northeast business men offered to buy it and asked the club to name a price, and was then told it was not for sale. on top of that he said that the club paid for all the sd signs so its more than free its also subsidized and that part is listed in the accounts. My brother was part of the investigation into Freddie and his brother and the whorehouse that they purchased and then leased back to the club.

• 170 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM

TDS

Yeh I know, we speak about it often, I know you just try to get a fair/balanced view/facts across.

I really think Ashley is an idiot with the club though. I don’t understand why he doesn’t hire a good director of football (like spurs did with baldini or arsenal before with davd dein). That position is crucial, if using it, to have the man who sets the tone for the club.

He should be advising the owner on manager, coaching set up in the whole club, scouting, etc etc and not be a bumbling idiot like we have.

I think a god director of football, who would advise properly (knowing the budget he has available though) would mean the money we do spend could go a hell of a lot further.

• 171 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM

fatman

have you, on anyone else for that matter, got a link to the clubs accounts?

• 172 Mister Tuff // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I do not think anybody is convinced that such a list of named persons are responsible for banning the Chronicle -it’s clearly a dictat from El Gourdo – with others added onto the list in a peverse attempt to give it some standing or credibility. Those who go along with such deceptions/falsehoods are complicit in the original deeds.
    I am reminded of the words of Mahatma Gandhi
    “Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.”

• 173 fatman // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM

hears a cut out Pardew puppet you can print it on a3 or a4 cut it out encapsulate it then join it up.
    you then have the option of playing with it or better still stick it on a tree and throw darts or axes at him, but don’t get too overexcited and try the real thing.

• 174 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:37 PM

tuff

if the club believed they had dont nothing wrong then they woud not have banned the paper or they would have sued them liked other papers if what was reported was a lie.

• 175 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Sad to see decent posters align with numpties lacking in any credibility who are quite clearly pursuing an ulterior agenda contrary to the best interests of the football club. Their own choice I suppose.

That’ll do it for me tonight folks. Adios.

• 176 fatman // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Transfer Sage

my brothers got them all unfortunately i don’t see him that often as hes always busy but i will see him at the game at the weekend and see if he will send them to me, he always knows where i am when he wants anything from me next time, i will ransom it for the accounts.

• 177 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM

TDS,

You used to play Devil’s Advocate well. It was needed. Optimism Valley got a tadge more cynical, and the Ashley ultras moved from reasoning to howling at the moon about not just “neggers”, but “haters”.
    As I keep saying, my modest ambitions are to see us scoring more goals than we are conceding and winning more games than we are losing.
    What is it about that that these days gets you busting a blood vessel?
    Aristotle once said the it was a mark of an educated mind that someone could entertain an idea without accepting it.
    So why is it that you feel unable to entertain any ideas other than your own?

• 178 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM

ciaran

directed at me? haha

Fatman

How did he get a copy? or are they made public?

• 179 Brutooon // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Alan Pardew performance so far

first half season – too early to judge

First full season – OVERachieve and get 5th place

2nd season – lucky we escape relegation and play a 4-2-3-1 formation with long ball which is not effective

3rd season (this season) – i predict still the same up and down like last season but arent we suppose to be at least the top 8 by this time? consistently i mean.

does 8 year contract mean we struggle every season?

• 180 MacToon // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Ouch!

• 181 Mister Tuff // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:49 PM

transfer @173 – one of the ironies in all this Chronicle stuff -is that the Chronicle reported on an event which took place last weekend -the event being authorised by the cops and the council and advertised beforehand. Plus subsequent images by the press and a poster on here -to prove the event took place.
    Contrast this story with Sports Direct News -nice little piece about Wayne Rooney -which they later retracted and admitted it was false.
    The whole lot of them are con men – who are bit by bit dragging the club down.

• 182 yo-yo // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Because we are so totally inconsistent I am going to predict we will take 2-3 points from the next three EPL games.

The worrying thing is our goal difference is already a millstone for any tied places. Agre with whoever popsted that when we win we win by 1-2 goals but when we get beat its usually by 2+ . Our defence needs a fair bit of investment to improve the quality – having to rely on our 4th and 5th CB as a pairing is not exactly strength in depth. As Band B put it we then plonk h 2 or 3 DMs in to cover the defence so our midfield has a static look about it going forward – though I thought Tiote had a better game than Cabs today

• 183 yo-yo // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM

BandB

But there are guys on here who really do hate Pardew.. It isn’t a fiction. Best let them get on with it imo

• 184 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Yo-Yo

I was pretty sure we’d get something out of the Liverpool game. I wasn’t so sure about today. But predicting a win for the Mackems is like crossing a picket line. You are taught not to do it.
    I do think we might pick up unexpected points against teams who are expected to beat us. I am more optimistic about Chelsea than today. Because we CAN do it.

• 185 wolfshead@toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM

yoyo

you always get keyboard thumping meatheads in any chat room

• 186 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM

fatman

Freddie and the rest sucked out millions from our club and they got away with it because they were locals and showed true passion for the club. Do people realise how rich they got from the club?

I heard about an offer for sponsorship too. The club doubtless saw it as a PR exercise and dismissed it. Didn’t they want to do it for SBR’s charity?

• 187 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

TDS/fatman

It’s something difficult to judge the club on as we don’t know how serious and genuine those business men came across as.

If it seemed a totally genuine proposal and not just a stunt then it’s not great. But if it looked a bit suspicious or just trying to prove a point can see why the club dismissed it.

• 188 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

TS

I agree. He’s an idiot! And I agree, he should have appointed a proper DoF from day one! That would have avoided the hiring of Keegan (and his sacking) and probably avoided the relegation and us losing ground on the top 6. No question about that at all, major screw up, just like FFS sacking SBR.

I want what is best for the club. If Richard Branson came out and said he wanted to buy the club for £300M and invest money to take us back into the CL then I’d want the club to be sold. But then again…we heard that before…

• 189 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM

One thing seems fairly consistent to me. We play the odd decent game and we play poorly more often. That leads to a poor goal difference and a slow slide down the table as the injuries and suspensions mount. I see the same happening again this year. Lack of depth due to lack of spending in the summer (sound familiar?) followed by a poor final league position. Followed by minimal spending unless someone is sold. Followed by more of the same. The occasional dross hiring thrown in there to cheer us up. The occasional Joe rant. The occasional owner tantrum.

• 190 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Yo-Yo,

I wasn’t referring to Pardew. It clearly isn’t a fiction that he has his detractors.
    “Haters” is such a Tea Party-voting trailer trash term. And the main motivation for its use, is hatred.

• 191 fatman // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Transfer Sage

you jut pay a £10 from company’s house (dti) or at least that’s what they were last time i got them but it was a while ago. I’m sure a web site has copy’s uploaded again i will try to find out at the weekend.

• 192 Brutooon // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

by this season we should be like everton, challenging the top 6 team already.

but seem another relegation battler again??

• 193 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

BandB

I’ve entertained plenty of ideas and I’m happy to listen to them. However what annoys me is that this minority of fans with extreme views are contributing to the chaos surrounding the club.

I get very annoyed when the club communicates bulls**t to the fans and I’m also annoyed when groups like T4C do the same.

• 194 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Just think if we were billionaires. Would we act like Mike? I’m not arrogant enough or egotistical enough to behave like Mike. His first season with us should have given everyone the clues to his personality. Drink with the supporters. Hire Keegan. Lie to Keegan. Force Keegan out. Lose to Keegan in court. Sulk for a while and pretend to try and sell the club. Hire a few wanker pals to run the club. Get pissed and lie a lot about ambition for the club. Get caught out. Hide in the castle. Hire Joe again. Try to shut out the press and sulk some more. Beautiful. What an owner.

• 195 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM

TS

That’s my point. If I was a Newcastle supporting owner of a big company and had an agenda against the club then I’d publish the transcript of the conversation and make a point of it. Instead it must have been just another amateur attempt to supposedly help the club that actually just adds to the mess.

Why would a group of businessmen want to buy advertising space? For group of businessmen I read a plumber, a chip-shop owner and a guy who runs a corner shop…

• 196 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM

fatman

thanks, i just hear people refer to the accounts showing this and that but never seen a copy or any post links up to them.

TDS

Yeh I know, thats why I think sustained protests might encourage Ashley to put the club up for sale or actively seek a buyer thus getting us a new (hopefully better) owner sooner.

Granted i may well not bother him at all, but be good if we could get him to do it.

• 197 yo-yo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

BandB

Regrettably detractors doesn’t cover the outpourings of anti Pardew venom we get on here. He is only a football manager, not a mass murderer who has taken the lives of all the Geordie first born sons. Your ironic comments on the nazi stuff earlier were well made – but we really do have a few ‘haters’ on here however fascistic an emotion that is.

• 198 geordieboy83 // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Transfer sage

Thanks for the parachute payments mate, I thought it was more than that to be fair. This is why I try and stay balanced in my opinions as I have no clue whatsoever of the rubbings of the club or financial side of things. Other than by all accounts we appear to be stable financially.

BandB I don’t think we are in a decline I just think we are in the middle of a 10 year transitional period lol. Unfortunately we have plateaued into top 10 mediocrity. But we spent a lot of time in said position before Ashley took over. Not defending Ashley before I get told to die or that not a true fan.

• 199 yo-yo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Brutoon

I fear so too. Let’s see where we are after our next very challenging run

• 200 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Here’s the progression under Mike as owner:
    1. Buy the club without due diligence.
    2. Sack the manager and hire a club legend, Keegan.
    3. Lie to said legend.
    4. Force Keegan out.
    5. Lose to Keegan in court.
    6. Sulk and pretend to try to sell the club.
    7. Hire some wanker friends to run the club.
    8. Have lots of pissups and lie about having ambition for the club.
    9. Sulk when the press try to report the actual events happening in the city.
    10. Bannish the press and hide in the castle again.
    11. Repeat ad nauseum.

• 201 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

TS

I genuinely don’t see any reason whatsoever that protests would make him sell unless he considers that the protests are just going to continue to devalue the club and he’ll lose money in the long term.

• 202 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:18 PM

TS

By the way, the latest accounts can be found easily enough by searching online.

• 203 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM

TDS

that could be a reason…but he has already got annoyed and banned the local papers who reported it. So maybe it does get to him?

You know big business men have big ego’s and there’s every chance some of his high powered buddies could be laughing and making fun of him.

I know that’s no reason to sell a company worth a couple hundred million but little things like that can make those kind of people get wound up and make daft decisions, happens more often than you’d think with powerful people.

• 204 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I’ve apparently angered Ed as I can’t post again. Sorry possibly inappropriate comments about the owner. Still I’ve seen far worse get posted on here and I don’t insult other participants. I will try to confine my comments to football matters anyway. :)

• 205 catchy in norway // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM

yoyo

we played sunderland today not man c or chelsea

this should not be about who we played in defence against the worst scoring team, bottom of the league team, just bern battered again by 4 goals team

this should be more about why we did not show any guts, any imagination, any ambition against the wosrt defence in the league
    why we feel the need to shoot from 30/35 yards and not hit the target
    16 shots only 1 from inside the box,,

im totally sorry, but fans need to stay away from matches , make a stand for a few weeks,, as this is not good enough
    under pardew. its more about stopping the other team rather than trying to win games, he will never change

the war has started now between the papers and the club, the fans loose in this fight

• 206 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM

TDS

thanks for that, just never seen them so wondered why others had

• 207 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM

TDS,

Perhaps you fail to see the distinction between supporting your team and supporting every aspect of the apparatus.
    I feel loyalty to my home town team. At present I feel it is under occupation by forces that wish to exploit it and care little for anything than its efficient maintenance.

If you were living under, say, Roman, or English or Russian, occupation, what would your “patriotic” duty be?
    Would it be to collaborate and urge meek acceptance of the status quo? Tell people that the new procurator is a gas?
    Round up the dissidents and hand them over?
    You see, from my perspective, I am not a traitor.

• 208 catchy in norway // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

while i think pardew is mashleys puppet

i also think ryder is pardews puppet,,

i have never met a more lick ass jurno in my life,

• 209 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

TS

No guarantee that a new owner would be any better either. People seem to forget that what we want is an ambitious owner, not just for the current one to leave.

• 210 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

The Sissoko situation is bizarre. He was brilliant when he first came to us. What exactly has happened? He seems lost now, much like Cisse. We just can’t afford that. And Ben Arfa is so inconsistent as well. We’re on the edge of disaster again and the next 3 games may knock the stuffing out of us. Then what?

• 211 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM

TDS

spot on there….for every abramovich there is 10 Ashleys and maybe 5 craig Whites

• 212 catchy in norway // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM

tds

you need to grow some balls mate

he might not be a better owner, but he could be the best in the world
    this is not working from any level at our club
    from top to bottom, it all needs changed

• 213 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM

geordie two

yeh it’s weird isn’t it…too many of our players fall away from good form and then struggle to get it back.

• 214 BandB // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Yo-Yo,

You are right. Detractors wasn’t my first choice of word. It goes some way beyond that. He is wrong about us being unlucky to lose today, though but.

• 215 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM

BandB

I never called you a traitor and I see where you’re going with the comparison. But…it’s not as if we can force him out and appoint a new leader amongst ourselves is it? We need to replace one dictator with another and we just have to hope the next one is better? And somehow the new dictator needs to be willing to give the current one at least £250M?

• 216 Ciaran // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Wonder who is working up these BS ratios…

• 217 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM

ciaran

what ratios?

• 218 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM

TS

And the Abrahamovich model is much harder these days with FFP.

• 219 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Absolutely TS @210. What is missing with the club? Do the players have too much freedom? If a player lacks fitness is he fined? I remember when Jonas looked terribly overweight and unfit last season. Now it appears to be happening to Ben Arfa. And how do so many quality players fall out of form and not recover? Sissoko, Cisse, and Ben Arfa to mention 3. What is the root cause? It has to be at least in part due to management and training surely?

• 220 Assam Toon // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Off to sleep with a hope against hope that pardew is sacked or he takes charge of his stomping ground crystal palace..today was not his fault strategically…but we need a change in direction that’s all.

• 221 jimmysmith // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Surely this is the opportunity for a bright light to be shone directly on Ashley’s shortcomings of which this latest reactionary and arbitrary act is simply par for the course. I hope the press hound him over this.

• 222 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Well I hope Ashley, Pardew and the players are sleeping well in their million pound houses knowing they have ruined thousands of Geordie’s week .

• 223 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

TDS

yes and no…the FFP seems toothless and there are a lot of loop holes to exploit so sure people could find ways around it.

UEFA haven’t even thought of punishing PSG and they must be breaking the rules.

• 224 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Don’t know if this link has been posted on here yet.

• 225 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM

catchy

Who though??? There is no prospective owner! Name me one single club in the whole world that has ever been sold for a large amount of money because of the fans demanding it!

• 226 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

geordie two

it must be, there must be some issue with training or set up as we really struggle, and its not just one or two players that go through long spells of bad form.

• 227 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM

TS

I said harder, not impossible. And its introduction has been phased in. So PSG managed to get in when it wasn’t in full effect.

It’s definitely harder now and the PL has rules too along the same lines.

• 228 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM

TDS

I couldn’t name one club that’s been sold because of the fans….not off the top of my head.

Be interesting to know how many fan protests have caused positive change in either running of the club or ownership.

• 229 Transfer Sage // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM

TDS

yeh but psg still continue to send huge amounts, so do monaco, so do man city.

I know its not impossible, but harder, but they will continue to let clubs get away with it as UEFA and FIFA know fine well big signings and exciting teams get more fans and generate more money from TV and sponsors.

The day UEFA kick madrid, psg, barca, man utd, etc out the champions league is the day tv and sponsors turn their back on the competition and UEFA wouldn’t allow it.

• 230 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM

TS

Sure, a few have managed to get better engagement between fans and club, but that’s not the goal of the protests in this case and I sadly think that time has passed.

Some owners have given clubs away or sold them for a nominal amount but these were clubs owned by a fan who simply couldn’t afford to take the club to the next level. I can’t imagine that any fans’ protest has forced an owner to sell a club for big money.

• 231 jimmysmith // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM

8 years is a long time and certainly long enough to mark anyones’ card.

You can never be sure of course, but you’d have to think that this is indeed your lot under Ashley.

He is not, nor ever likely to be the progressive, impassioned owner the club needs.

• 232 ToonDarnSarf // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM

TS

Look into how the FFP rules really work. They’re designed to stop clubs like us going out of business but what they also do is ensure that bigger clubs get to stay big.

• 233 jimmysmith // Oct 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

This “better the devil you know”argument concerning the ownership really doesn’t hold water at all.

The EPL has a host of ambitious, capable owners, many at clubs with far less potential. Take a look at Southampton for a start.

• 234 WWSBRD // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Feel for Dummitt really tough one to come into and bless him he got taken advantage of but hey it’s only one match kid still has a bright future if he works for it

Overall though they worked harder by the looks of it bit poor but it’s not surprising really. Disgusting that the northern press have been banned though pathetic from the owner (regardless of them saying it was agreed by all which imo is bull)

• 235 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Pardew – “we had 3 or 4 really good chances”

In reality – a few close shots from distance.

The guy is a delusional prick

• 236 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Not many positives to take from that game. We are disorganized at times, have a weak bench, lose interest when pressed hard, and have players who look lost. We have a few triers but no real tight team unit. To still have to bring Shola on is an embarrassment as well. Nobody better has been developed yet! Shocking. Man City, Chelsea and Spurs will be rubbing their hands with glee.

• 237 jimmysmith // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Well Dummett is our fifth choice centre back, so he can consider himself lucky to get the start and unlucky at the same time. But hey, that’s life, and he seems mentally tough, so I think the experience will likely prove a positive one for him.

• 238 Big Pappa Cissé // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I would honestly rather have Bruce . than Pardew

• 239 belgrade fan // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Is it really matter if we won today or not (despite we played our biggest rival).. I mean, we wont be relegated, so is it really important shall we finished on place 14th or 15th?? we wont be first 6, wont win anything… only club on the world publically declared doesnt wont to play in Europe. Thatswhy will be bye bye Remy Cabaye Colo and big players want to cme here

• 240 WWSBRD // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM

jimmy
    Hope so mate but if he starts getting it in the neck from fans it’ll knock him (don’t know if this has happened am just guessing) and aye he’s lucky to get a start now but hell of an ask going up against Sunderland away

Hell of an ask to go their with ur 4th and 5th choice CBs tbf

• 241 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Well when you put it that way Belgrade fan it doesn’t sound good. But on the bright side we like buying players on the cheap, explaining why losses should actually have been wins, and not spending in the summer windows because it would mean that we would have less money in the bank. Also we’re far too clever to spend the same amount of money everyone else spends on good players because that would raise expectations which we definitely don’t want. I think I understand now???

• 242 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Oh and we also don’t want the press reporting what goes on in the city because informed people can be angry people.

• 243 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:35 PM

We don’t like angry people. We like silent happy people who spend lots of dosh on the club without having any say in it.

• 244 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM

See? Now you should all be silent and happy and go out and spend more money on club tat with Wonga on it.

• 245 belgrade fan // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:38 PM

WE or MA? This is 3rd game I watched this season. And Im not even dissapointed. This is what I expect. Like I know it will be dark in 6o clock I know we will most probably lose. With this manager, this DoF…. SO, I ask again, is it important shall we finished 14 or 15th?? Support club who only wants to stay in EPL… joking. Next 3 games 0 points and out of LCup. End of AP? no chance. see y guys 2morrow

• 246 belgrade fan // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM

And yes, even banning reporters!!! that is sick!!! What r we, North Korea???? Cant believe FA is allowing this, we should be punished. Turning people against us every day on different way

• 247 GeordieTwo // Oct 27, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Of course I mean our glorious leader Belgrade fan. He only has his (I mean our) best interests at heart. We must be silent and happy and buy lots of tat.

previous post: Lee Ryder’s Tweets – Newcastle Ban Local Journalists